Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest

Postby Geomancer » Mon May 17, 2010 11:33 am

*Hollow Bastion*
*Merlin's Tower*

Merlin sighed as another star went out. He pulled away from his telescope and said to an apparently empty room. "Another star has gone out, Archimedes, go tell Cid." There was silence, then a voice gave a resolute 'No'. Merlin slumped into his easy chair and said "What's wrong this time, Archimedes?"

An irritated-looking, brown, aged owl squeezed his way out of a bird house that shouldn't be forced to house such a large bird. "I am a source of wisdom and your companion, not your pet that you can just send off as a messenger at any notice. Besides, my old wings are starting to ache and you haven't fed me some good food in a long time." Merlin glared out of the one eye that wasn't closed. "I fed you a plump mouse just yesterday you liar. And my magic prevents you from getting too achy."

The owl turned around and crossed its arms. "I am still not a messenger. You get that boy to go tell him." Merlin sighed and got up "Archimedes, the 'boy''s name is Arthur and I wish you would start addressing him as such. And he hasn't be a 'boy' in a while. He's grown a little even before his world was devoured." He pulled a rope and a bell rang a little later.

Despite Merlin's words, Arthur still wasn't that much older. Sure, he had gotten a little bigger but he wasn't even growing facial hair yet. "Yes?" Merlin gave the owl a sideways glance and said "The stubborn one over there has apparently gotten fed up with sending messages so I need you to-" Sirens cut him off. Archimedes jumped and Arthur whirled to see red lights go off. A booming voice said "Heartless incoming."

*Computer Room*

Cid swore and chomped down on his cigar. His fingers sped across the keyboard. "Tron, what's going on?" A blocky image of a blue man appeared on one of the screens. "There's a strange vehicle heading this way. It's not heartless in origin but it doesn't match any of the specs on gummi ships. In fact, I'm pretty sure it isn't a gummi ship at all. However, I set the alarm off because a large number of heartless, including a few powerful ones, are following it." Another screen flickered and Cid got a good look at the vehicle. It was very sleek, with two powerful rear engines, and a red paint job. It was well armored which was a good thing as it was under major attack. What it didn't have was any weapons which was very unfortunate. There were three bubbles, each holding an occupant. At the front was a bare chested man with flowing red hair. He was obviously the pilot. A small puppy sat on his lap. The second was a girl with red ponytails and a small, strange looking boy with blond hair. The last held a blue-black-haired man who seemed extremely upset. The others didn't look too happy but he seemed exceptionally distressed. He had pulled his goggles off his head and was leaning forward onto a dashboard, sobbing.

Cid's fingers sped across the keyboard. All over Hollow Bastion, alarms went off and a voice said "All members of the Bastion Defense Force, get ready for battle. Heartless inbound. All civilians, get into the nearest safe house and barricade yourselves. Five minutes until the heartless arrive." Cid's voice cut in. "There's one vehicle too. It's not heartless so don't attack it." The response was immediate. Most of the people, including a very rich duck and his nephews, fled into sturdy-looking buildings that were built into the ground. The doors were locked, the windows shuttered, and the shields went up. The hexagonal pieces shimmered, then faded until it was almost impossible to see them. Meanwhile, the fighters of Hollow Bastion equipped their weapons and spread out, each taking a different area.

*Between worlds*

The red-haired girl yelled at the pilot "Can't this thing go any faster!? You built it, didn't you, Rod!? Don't you know any secrets or somethings!?" The pilot, Rod, had long since turned off the speaker and was trying to avoid the heartless bombardment. One of the main difficulties were a new type of heartless. (NEW ENTRY) He had to spin constantly to knock off the little annoyances but he had seen what they had done to Hexagon and didn't want that to happen to his baby. Or himself, come to think of it. He gave an extra burst of speed, heading for the coordinates that the red-haired girl's sister had given him. Apparently, they could find safety there. One of the heartless managed to latch on long enough and explode. Thankfully, it didn't do much more than damage the armor. "C'mon! Hold together!"
Last edited by Geomancer on Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest

Postby Ro Wong » Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 pm

{Hollow Bastion, Merlin's Tower}

A dark figure slowly sifted through the piles of books and other various objects the aged wizard had left lying around the room. He brushed at his shoulder, knocking away a book that had been flopped upon on top of him. His head swivled, the white spaces that were his eyes glancing to Merlin. With a deep, grunting voice he let out a mild sigh, shaking his head. "Well, seeing as we're having visitors, I'll go out as well to help..." He began moving forward, his form floating up until he was four feet off the floor.

The horned warrior began floating toward the door until he looked down and grimaced. "Then again..." He turned his head back to Merlin, his left brow arching as if lifting his bald eyebrow. "Want to give me a body again for a bit? Or are you not finished using my horns for a book stand...?" The warrior visibly squinted at the final words, noticably unhappy that he'd been used in such a manner.
Demon of Elru

Postby Unlimited » Mon May 17, 2010 1:21 pm

Agito
Into the tunnal, out into the light, nothing but emptiness.

Station of Awakening

All around him...was nothingness. Agito couldn't believe the world, his own world, was destroyed by those creatures of darkness. He felt it was all his fault, but was it? Was it really his own fault that brought this upon everyone on his world? He didn't know. He simply didn't know. As Agito gradually descended into the dark abyss head first, he could see a faint light illuminating from deep below...and he was descending straight towards it. Staring at the light, he couldn't tell what it was. All he knew was that it felt kind of warm. A bit like his home before it was destroyed. Continuing to descend more and more towards the light, Agito could see what appeared to be some kind of large stained glass pillar with many different type of colours. Before he could finally end his descent, he quickly turned his entire body upright and gently landed onto the bright colourful pillar with his two feet. Where am I? He though to himself. Am I dead... or still alive? He couldn't make out his surroundings. There was nothing but darkness as he looked left and right. Tilting his head downwards, he could see the surface of the stained glass possessed multiple images of entirely different worlds. He couldn't make out what it was displaying very well, nor could he think straight.

Before he knew it, Agito was on his very knees. Holding onto his head with his right hand as he began to suffer from some kind of headache. "Take up your sword..." An unhearable voice suddenly occured from within his inner thoughts. He couldn't hear the voice, but he knew it was there. As he stood up once more, Agito looked straight ahead and saw what appeared to be a white, skinny creature standing in front of him. Uh? Was all he could say within his mind. As he continued to stare at that strange creature, the only thing he could make out what it was doing was that it appeared to be dancing. "Take up your sword..." There it was again. The unhearable voice within his head. There was so much confusion happening as he ponders through his thoughts about the situation, but as soon as he laid his eyes upon the creature one more time, it attacked without warning.

Agito didn't expect the thing to attack all of a sudden. The creature itself quickly approached him as it moved through the air in a swiming-like motion. Attempting to fight back, he tried using his fists, but it didn't have any effect as it was too fast. Unknowning to him, it managed to make its way behind his back and immediately struck him down with a single attack.

Agito screamed in pain as he fell onto the surface of the stained glass. Lying there on the ground, bleeding from his wound, he couldn't keep his eyes open for much longer nor could he even move his own muscles. He was dying. He was dying and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Just like his world. Agito felt powerless as his life flashed before his eyes. Moments of events throughout his life. His childhood, his friends, his parents, everything. As the last of his strength finally gives out, the last remaining thing that crossed his mind was the thought about travaling between the stars.
Last edited by Unlimited on Fri May 21, 2010 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Memento mori

Postby Nelo Angelo » Mon May 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Hollow Bastion, on the roof of a nearby building:

Alucard looked down at Hallow Bastion with a mixture of sadness, and contempt. The alarms did not alarm him, but the news of Heartless did. It had been a few years since he had left Hollow Bastion, and no that he had finally returned, years later, there was a heartless attack. “Some things never change, do they?” Alucard could feel a twinge of pain in his heart. The darkness within him was reacting to the oncoming heartless. Alucard ignored it as he jumped from the roof, and drew his scythe from it’s place on his back. He had originally come back to pick up some supplies, but now that the heartless were attacking, he felt an obligation to defend the world that had been his home. “I won’t let the heartless have this world…not like Mother and Father…” The mention of his parents brought another twinge of pain from his heart, but he ignored it, instead running through the streets, looking out for the heartless. He would cut them down without mercy…this was just another opportunity to pay the creatures back for ruining his life…

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Redsnow » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

"Captain's log - "

"Can you please not do that here?"

"Ahem. Captain's log, Galactic Federation-"

"What is a Galactic Federation, exactly?"

"-Year 20xx -"

"That's not what year it is. And what is this xx thing?"

It had been a fairly easygoing day for the Ardent Sun's crew, and most of them were, for the most part, just enjoying each others' company on the bridge - mostly out of habit. Shao, the navigator from the Land of Dragons, wasn't speaking much as usual while Milton Mouse and Vesper, weapons and pilot respectively, were having a rather quiet conversation at the head of the bridge. That left Lesca, to her chagrin, to a bored Solvan Jones.

"Captain, can you please try and be serious while on the bridge?" said Lesca, sighing as she studied the integrity of all parts of the ship for the umpteenth time. It had been a day since their last battle and every thing was more or less repaired, but she didn't want to face the consequences of having missed something.

"I think being serious is all a matter of circumstance," said Solvan drolly, sitting comfortably in his captain's chair at the back. "One must only be serious when the situation calls for it. And this vast, strange blanket of space with no Heartless seems like the worst type of circumstance to be serious in."

"It could be a trap," said Lesca, beginning to run a diagnostic on the ship's mainframe again.

"I thought of that," said Sol, reaching to the side to get a hidden flask of elixir he had swiped from Monteblanc' inventories. "But then again, we have how much time till Hollow Bastion, Shao?"

"It should be appearing up ahead shortly, Captain," said Shao from the front. "One minute."

"See," said Sol, taking another drink from the elixir. "Even if they did get the jump on us, with Hollow Bastion being so close, it really doesn't matter. Now, I understand you not wanting to go back to that ugly heap of Heartless of a planet, Lesca, but-"

He cut himself off and sat up in his chair, squinting. Something was wrong.

"Shao, magnify Hollow Bastion and the space surrounding it."

The image that was brought up brought gasps from the crew and Lesca began to type frantically at the console in front of her.

"Captain," she said, her voice no longer sounding exasperated. "I'm counting fleets of Heartless and one unidentified ship. It's not a Gummi Ship, either."

"How many Heartless is that?" asked Sol, calmly, measuring the large mass with his eyes.

"Not sure, sir," said Milton Mouse from the side. "We're still out of range to be completely sure."

"We'll have to rectify that, then," said Sol and rapidly typed a few commands into the console at his chair. The two engineers of the ship immediately appeared on the screen next to the magnified image of Hollow Bastion as Solvan sat forward in his chair.

"What in the - Are those Heartless?" shouted Silva.

"I'm glad your eyes are there for more than decoration kupo," said Monteblanc, studying the onslaught against the battered ship.

"Enough," said Sol. "All hands, battle stations. We'll be going in hot. Vesper, take her to the flank of the enemy; Milton, get ready to fire with everything we've got as soon as we get into position. Don't hit that other ship, though."

"Aye," said the crew in chorus. The Ardent Sun's engines came to life and flew like a shooting star towards the mass of Heartless.

"Getting in optimal position," said Shao. "In three, two, one."

"Fire," said Sol grimly.

The Ardent Sun lit up like a sword gleaming in the sunlight as it began a barrage of lasers and projectiles against the center of the wave of Heartless while flying full speed towards it.

"Distance closing!" shouted Shao. "In three, two, one -"

"Brace yourselves!" shouted Sol as Milton rammed his finger on the Slash Gummi.

"Keep firing and flying straight," shouted Sol. "We break through, then slingshot around and do this again! We're not letting a chance like this get away!"

"Aye!" shouted the crew.

Postby sam4books » Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 pm

~Kea Bird: Hollow Bastion, the streets----Curious~

Kea was having a nice stroll down the streets of Hollow Bastion, as he had done ever since he first arrived in the charming world. None one had really taken notice of him since he first entered the world, something that was actually a-okay with him. Having a reputation was a...a nuisance really. As much as Kea enjoyed people knowing who he was, it was no fun when people wouldn't fall for your lies. But he couldn't help but wonder how Wonderland was doing. How he missed that old place. The red roses, the wonderful tea parties the Mad Hatter hosted, that funny White Rabbit. He couldn't remember the details of what happened the day he came here. The only thing he knew was that dark, heartless creatures were attacking the queen's castle. Next thing he knew he was drifting through space, with the sound of White Rabbit's voice screaming in the distance.

Well, that was all behind him right now. He was in a new world, so he might as well attempt to start a new life. So far however, the Kea Bird had laid low, observing the people of this world from a distance. The bird explored quite a bit of Hollow Bastion, but had not yet touched the delicious looking castle. That didn't stop the bird to look towards it in wonder though. He loved castles, and the grandeur it proclaimed. He had to admit it, he did miss the comforting life he had before. The bird remained out of sight even still. When the opportunity came he will make himself known.

The opportunity seemed to have come. For as Kea strolled down the streets of Hollow Bastion an alarmed suddenly sounded throughout the world, followed by a mad rush of its civilians. Kea caught the word "heartless" in the warning that followed the alarm. "Hmmm...how peculiar" Kea said to himself as he observed the rushing people from an alley corner. "Should I help them, or should I not?" A very rich looking duck and some three little ones behind him passed Kea by. Kea had almost considered going with the duck but decided against it. He wanted to see what made these Heartless so frightening. In the end he decided to help the world's warriors in their upcoming battle against the dark creatures. "It will be an exceptional fight, to be sure!" the bird squawked.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Sentios » Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm

*Between worlds*
http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=ijHM1U98JVg

Floating on in the empty blackness was a tiny orb, even with nothing around it missing it would have been an easy task as it was. It was a plain white in color and too small to hold a person unless some manner of sorcery was at work. Despite it's plainness it was moving at an incredible speed, rivaling or even surpassing the fastest of gummi ships. However as it neared the space around the world called Hollow Bastion this would soon change.

Perhaps in response to the world or in response the battle occurring just above it the orb came to life, sort of. For ice came out from inside it, far more ice than it could have contained, coating orb in a thick protective armor. Now at least the size of a person and tapered into points at both ends the object's movement became mildly erratic as it bounced side to side and up and down though not all together changing course. Finally after a few moments of this it burst forward with even more speed leaving a sparkling trail of ice behind it not unlike a comet.

It spiraled around the Ardent Sun, skimming just above the vessel's armor, while zigging and zagging around it's weapon ports. 'Examining' the vessel in as many as ten passes before reaching the front and rocketing off straight towards the next vessel, which happened to be a moderately sized heartless. This did not receive such a friendly scan however as the 'comet' sparkled with energy which could only be electricity, dragging a trail of damage along the heartless until it was no longer able to withstand the assault and was destroyed.

The next destination was the unarmed vessel which had come under attack. However this time the comet kept it's distance while maintaining it's glowing electricity. As the bomb type heartless neared the vessel lightning arced out to destroy them before they got close. However the object did not or could not remain there for long and after a dozen or so sweeps the energy ceased, the comet plummeting downwards towards the world below. It would land in the outskirts judging from it's course.
Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ViviGlow » Wed May 19, 2010 5:07 pm

There was a tremendous rushing of water all around him, blasting his skin, pounding his head, deafening crashing sounds exploding around as he was taken away with the massive waves... his chest heaved as the air burned in his throat... he instinctively held on to his breath but... it wasn’t going to matter soon... then, a large flat fish... no... a door... a door appeared near him. What little of his mind could still manage to think guessed it was just smashed off one of the houses but... it was incredibly elaborate, swirling spires and twisting arches covered the thing... and most importantly, it glowed, after a bit he noticed it was coming towards him too. So this was it in his mind, he was going to crash into the door, loose his breath... and die...

Then... a sudden clicking noise, the door... opened... a bright light replacing the murky depths of this ocean... and the current shifted towards the new hole... and him with it.

Damien burst through into the light, the speed of the water sharply dropping but it was still raging forward. He finally got some luck though as his head went above the water, the bright sun burning his eyes as his lungs gasped the air he so needed. However he didn’t really get a break as just ahead the water was dropping, it could have just been a metre, it could have been several stories, he wasn’t really interested in finding out that quickly. With what energy he could muster he grasped the edge of this channel, grasping onto shaped stone and pulling himself out despite how slippery it was then laying on the sun-warmed stone panting for air yet oddly there was still a hell of a lot of noise...

He stood and looked around... walking to the edge where the water was falling, down hundreds of metres, that would have been a bad drop. Looking around he noticed he was surrounded by spires and broken machinery... there was lots of unfinished work everywhere, cranes holding broken towers, winches ready to lift materials... it was a very odd place... the noise seemed to be some kind of alarm, there were red lights flashing really far down in some town at the base of this place... which helped him realise just how grand this building was...

Looking up at the towers he noticed a dark cloud moving through the sky... bright flashes lighting it up at odd intervals, all he could assume was it was some kind of storm but it was moving too fast for any kind of squall he knew. It must have something to do with the alarm... the most pressing issue yet for the boy was how to get down, alive.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed May 19, 2010 7:02 pm

<8>Furor Elogium<8>
>8<Between worlds>8<

Soaring through the void, Furor’s abstract gummi ship, Xenosia, hurtled toward Hollow Bastion. He would finally return home. The world he once knew could have changed in his travels, but so what if it had, he had changed as well. It was a small ship, holding a maximum of five passengers and requiring only one crewman, carrying a variety of sensor arrays, shields, and various weapons. Furor currently employed a rather plump moogle by the name of Kiblkinz as his pilot and amourer. “How are we doing Kiblkinz?” the strange boy asked cheerfully.

“We’re almost there. But there seems to be a large fleet of Heartless approaching the destination.” The moogle answered worriedly.

A wide grin spread over Furor’s dark face, starkly contrasting that which would be expected. “Slaughter them!” he shrieked with childish glee, Vesenia appearing in his hands.

The moogle looked back at the boy, unused to his caustic and extreme nature. “But, sir . . .”

“I’d do it myself, but, the situation renders me . . . incapable.” he shot back. “Now get firing, they seem distracted!” He was now looming over the form of the moogle, ogling over the viewscreens and data, his hands slowly drifting toward Kiblkinz pom pom. Xenosia opened fire on the swarm, lasers and missiles flying everywhere.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:24 pm

{Coil}

_Hollow Bastion_ Urban Jungle_

The sum of events, panic. Windows closed, bolted shut, doors locked with all sorts of mechanisms, and crowds scatter like insects for shelter. Coil adjusted as people rush pass him as he strolls. " Courage and Fear, Fear and Courage, who will and who won't take arms against the oncoming threat." He muttered under his breath as he continued on his path. Its aimless, the direction he walks, but he'll know where to go once the action starts.

Coil shoved his hands into his pockets and pulled out two golden yo-yos for each hand. " Will I live or will I die, my blood boils. " He said to himself as he continued to walk down a street of Hollow Bastion. " Its a battlefield, and I am a gazelle, in this urban jungle. I'll survive if I'm faster, we'll survive if we're together." He continued to mutter under his breath as people keep moving.

Coil stopped suddenly and uttered a strange question " Won't you be a gazelle, with me?" to a Bird that decided to join in the fray of the upcoming battle.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

*Between Worlds*

The red-haired girl and the blond boy stared out at the battle, cheering. "Hey, Rod! We have help!" The boy jumped up at one point, causing the girl to yell at him. Rod wasn't listening, of course. Even with the help, the number of heartless following him was enough to make him extremely worrieed. They were getting closer. Just a little bit more...

While the help was appreciated by the passengers of the PINTO, the heartless were less amused. Three dozen bombs shot toward each of the attackers and several strange heartless turned toward them as well. They looked like a bar stuck in a wheel. At the edge of the bar on both sides was an eye. The wheel was covered in holes and was spinning at a blinding speed. (NEW ENTRY) As they got closer, shots began to fire from the wheels, saturating the area with small energy orbs that would explode on contact.

The ship got closer until...

*Computer Room*

"Cid, two vehicles and one unidentified magical object have joined the fray. They are attempting to help but have come under attack themselves." Tron brought up the specs of the three.

Cid glanced at them. "Well, I recognize Sol's ship, he and his crew should be able to handle themselves. I'm not sure about the other two. Hell, I don't even recognize that comet thing. Are you sure it attacked?" It was hard to tell if the blocky image had nodded but Cid had had a lot of experience and he knew it when he saw it. "While it is not attacking now, it unleashed several powerful magical attacks before falling into a dormant state. It seems that, like a normal wizard, its power is not unlimited. I do not know how much defensive strength it has."

Cid's fingers danced across the board. It brought up a number. Cid barked into the mike. "We have less than a minute! Coming down in the Dark Depths!"

*Merlin's Tower*

Merlin smiled a little. "Come now, Odin, you make an excellent guest. It's just that my room is a bit messy." To emphasize this, a tower of books took this opportunity to collapse. Before running over to try and fix it, Merlin pointed his wand. "ALAKAZAM!" Odin felt magical energy flood his body and his power rose to the point where he could manifest himself.

*Near Hollow Bastion*

Rod finally reconnected the communication systems "Hold on!" He flipped open a panel and pressed a big, blue button. The rest of the fuel simultaneously combusted, sending the ship shooting forward. It was timed exactly so that it would slow down right as it got to the world. Then the ship began to enter Hollow Bastion.

*Dark Depths*

The few Defenders that had been near enough to react had gathered here. Max (Goofy's son) strung his bow while Yuffie readied her shuriken. When she saw others heading that way, she said "Hey! Guys! You have to get out of here! It's dangerou-" A sudden BAM! cut her off as the PINTO broke through the world barrier. It was going far to fast, even when the pilot applied the brakes. It hit the ground and kept going, creating a huge furrow. The vehicle was badly damaged and the passengers were too shaken to get out at the moment.

The ground shook as a huge, horse-like heartless jumped down. It seemed to have some kind of blue-black armor fused to it and its head was covered in what looked like a helmet with holes to allow the creature to see. It reared and its sharp horn glowed dark purple. It wasn't on its head, instead, it was on the end of its nose, like a rhino's. It galloped toward the ship, intending to crush it beneath its hooves. A number of shadows and soldiers fell from the sky and charged the town, obviously intending to cause a distraction. That was not heartless behavior. Someone had to be controlling them.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Thu May 20, 2010 1:02 pm

{Merlin's Tower, Moments Before Crash}

The magic shot over Odin's form, his dark armor suddenly shimmering brilliantly as an iridescent aura consumed his form. His height extended, horns curling and growing ridged as rows of spikes protruded outward. His form as a whole remained askewed as the aura morphed his visage into a proper vessel befitting the great warrior of the Eidolons. Odin slowly turned away as a hefty blade emerged from his right hand. His fingers clasped upon the hilt below the hand guard, the aura beginning to slowly dim.

"Thank you... I'll visit again whenever you wish my company, old friend. Good day." Without another word the mighty warrior dashed forward and hurled his form through the nearest window. The window was blocked a moment as a billowing cape fluttered over it like a curtain before showing the sight of the falling gummi ship.

{Dark Depths}

Just as the horse drew closer to the hull of the ship, a bright flash swept through the air. A sharp sound echoed around as the hooves of the large beast struck upon hard metal. The horse was repelled and pushed back a bit, but otherwise unharmed or touched. The large, slightly curved blade began to lower as a pair of bright, yellow eyes looked upon the new Heartless beast. Between the horned horse and the crashed ship stood an armored figure. Heavy plates of black metal shaping his mass of muscles, curving and conforming to add to his already bulky size. His helmet now obviously hiding the shape of his skull under its rounded dome. Rows of plates pushed upward and moved toward the back of his skull, the edges lined with bright gold.

His torso was clad in a mail of heavy black, gold and bronze lines crossing all edges. The abdomen was heavily emphasized by the overlapping rows of plates moving down his body. Similarly designed pauldrons fitted over the shoulders, the left pauldron being nearly twice the size of the right, a trio of spikes placed in position to form a triangle's visage. Thick gauntlets that covered the elbows and extended to cover the top of the hands. Rings of steel wrapping the fingers with segments of plates rested between the joints. A thick cloth hung down from the front of his body, wrapped over the front of a thick sash that was worn as a belt. Both fabrics were black with brown and bronze designs patterned over the folds. Dark greaves stretching up his thighs, spikes on the outer sides of his ankles and over the front of his knees. And smaller spikes added yet still to the bottom of his greaves for a practical purpose, similar to hiking boots.

Odin stood before the great horse, face hidden under the slick visor of his helm, yellow eyes the only hint that he resided beneath all the heavy plates of metal that hid his body. His long, red cape slowly flicked back and forth with a nonexistant wind, the inside a dark bronze to keep with his evident color scheme. He stood tall, proud, not showing the beast a hint of fear. He held his sword to his side, blade elevated to a horizontal stance. The horns of his helm thick and large, spiked all over and curving inward similar to a broken and twisted halo.

"... Your kind is not welcome here..." His deep, booming voice spoke, echoing from the depths of steel that covered him. "I give one chance, no others. Leave..." He extended his arm, sword pointing out toward the sky. "Take any others you brought with you and return to your world of nothing! I will give no mercy, beast..." Odin doubted the Heartless would listen, or even understand. But the visage of the horse still inspired something of mild concern for the beast's well being. It brought to mind memories of his own mighty steed. For that good deed, he wanted to give it one option to leave before they fought.

Odin made a glancing gesture toward Yuffie and Max, knowing they would help if needed. He nodded toward the crashed ship for them to check the passengers while he held off the large horse for them.
Demon of Elru

Postby Redsnow » Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 pm

The Ardent Sun was fairing very well, by all accounts. Silva reported minimal damage upon shields and Monteblanc stated that the weapons were holding up after recent upgrades - the advantages, said Sol slightly smugly, of one's target having another target. Even the strange swirling UMO did not really faze anyone as the ship continued its path of destruction through the Heartless.

However, battles were never very static, and the status quo was broken as quickly and suddenly as the battle had begun.

"Captain," said Shao. "It seems that there is another Gummi ship - it doesn't pop up on the registries, but it is attacking the Heartless for us."

"Is it damaged?" asked Sol, scanning the other, unidentified ship that was slightly obscured by the Heartless surrounding it.

"No," said Lesca, bringing up brief specs. "It looks rather well-armed for its size."

"Then ignore it," said Sol. "The other ship is a bigger priority. Concentrate fire around it, Milton. Try to keep them from destroying it before it enters Hollow Bastion's barrier."

"I'll try, Captain," said Milton, in his usual squeak, his fingers dancing over his console. "But her guns are full with the bogies around us as it is."

"Push her harder, Vesper," said Sol. "Silva'll back you up."

"I'm tryin', Captain," said Vesper, his voice slightly strained from concentration. "But if we go any faster, then we're going to be hitting more than we destroy."

Suddenly, though, the tide changed as the Heartless, as if controlled by a hive-mind, turned around in a wave towards its attackers. Sol watched as a battalion flew towards them – the reaction on his bridge, however, was far less calm than he.

“Captain!” shouted Lesca. “There are dozens of bombers moving towards us! If they all hit us at once -”

“I can’t get them all!” shouted Milton, frantically hitting a large combination of buttons at once.

“Cap’n!” shouted Vesper, who was gritting his teeth from exertion. “Wheelers! I can’t avoid the bombers or I’ll get hit!”

Sol took a swig from his flask again.

“Sol!” shouted Lesca, who only referred to him by name when she was distressed.

“Calm down,” said Sol. Suddenly, from the left side of his chest, a stream of light began to pour forth, eventually engulfing him in a golden gleam. The light spread forth from his body, engulfing his crewmates on the bridge, and, from their hands, spread forth to engulf the ship in a shimmer of gold. His crewmates felt their worries lifted, and their anxieties eased.

Sol stood and waved his hand in an arc in front of him.

“So what if we’ll get a little damage here and there? The Ardent Sun’s been through worse than this, and all you know that. So stop acting like pansies and be the crew that’s worthy for this ship. Lesca, give us some music.”

“Aye, Captain,” said Lesca in a much calmer voice, and extended her console to include even more keys. Her fingers began to dance across them, and music began to play from each key she hit. Calculations began to run down the side of the main screen, and a line appeared in front of them. The Heartless hurtling towards them began being targeted in addition to Milton’s own targeting.

“Forward, and forget your fears!” shouted Sol. The glowing ship hurtled forward, even faster than before, straight towards the incoming wave of Heartless and minefield of energy bombs. Vesper was the only one on the ship who could control her enough to follow Lesca’s directions, and Milton’s firing became sharper and more concise, prioritizing bombers near other bombers to create chain explosions. The glowing ship hurtled through the Heartless, cutting an even deeper swath of destruction into the swarm. The shields and hull were taking more damage than before, but Silva kept tight controls of those, and reported on the damage.

“Leave none of them alive,” said Sol. “We’re going to remind the darkness in Hollow Bastion why they should stay away from their skies!"
Last edited by Redsnow on Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Sentios » Thu May 20, 2010 10:25 pm

*Hollow Bastion - Outskirts*

Whether any of the heartless turned the on the object that had zipped into the fray matter little at this point, it had already reached the world border passing into the relative safety it provided. Which was a good thing, if the massive fleet outside could simply waltz into a world no world would ever survive. The wasn't anything that could interrupt the inevitable landing to the 'comet' which even inside the world border was still leaving it's tail as it fell.

As it approached the ground the ice encasing it morphed into a single downward spike with the orb barely exposed at one end. As one could probably have predicted the spike quickly implanted itself in the ground breaking the tension hard surface however at this rate the object would have been quickly buried underground. If not for a last moment eruption of fire engulfing a hemisphere below it. Finally when the object came to rest only a tiny spindle of ice remained to hold it from the ground.

The white color of the object seemed to have faded from it, turning into a color much closer to grey, like that found from stone. However it had one final trick to it, a thick white cloud poured from it wrapping it and the area around it completely for several moments until. "Uaghhhaghhahgaau" a long and over emphasized yawn could be heard from the cloud. A stray wind cleared the area of it's vision blocking shroud.

Standing where the orb had been was a man. He had a toned and muscular physique with brown, mop-like hair. His legs were covered with black cloth, with great a great excess of it around the ankle. His torso was covered in a white cloth, which was was far longer in the back than the front and had a red hood attached to it. From his waist to the middle of his abdomen was a wide leather belt belt etched with symbols, while his hands were covered in black and white gloves with a symbol of a flame on the back.

He could hear sirens coming from the castle town above him, clearly there was trouble of some sort. However he needed to work his body, to arouse it from it's slumber before he could go anywhere. Down below him he could see a crash site, the vessel that was under attack outside the world if he wasn't mistaken. There were numerous individuals present down there, fending off the assault from a large horse like heartless.

However number of smaller heartless irked their way towards town near the man who'd emerged from the sphere. It was unfortunate that he could not help below but to let these little ones walk into town unimpeded would be been too great an error. He slid down a nearby rock slope into the path of the shadows and soldiers, his arms crossed in front of him for a moment before stretching out towards the heartless. "Fire!" A couple shadows were destroyed by a double cast fire spell, the two spells had skillfully been cast near enough to each other than they caused magnified damage in between them destroying a soldier as well.
Last edited by Sentios on Fri May 21, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Nelo Angelo » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 am

Alucard ran through the various streets of Hollow Bastion, jumping onto the nearest roof, and looked around. He could sense a disturbance nearby. The first of the heartless must of made their appearance. Alucard ran in the direction of the disturbance, and found himself at the Dark Depths. Alucard could see other humanoid figures, and a horse-like heartless. One of the figures had engaged the heartless. “It’s about time I give a hand.” Alucard ran towards the heartless, coming up beside Odin. Drawing his scythe, Alucard jumped into the air above the horse, hatred in his eyes. “Be gone Heartless.” Alucard swung his scythe downward toward the heartless, the images of his parents flashing in his memory

Postby Unlimited » Fri May 21, 2010 10:03 am

Agito Genesis
Wake up and smell reality once more.

Hollow Bastion - Castle Gate

Outside the walls of Hollow Bastion, a small ruined area surrounded by stones and tall cliffs, lies a young man weakened after his first encounter with unnatural, otherworldly, enemies. As Agito Genesis began to regain consciousness, he tried to recall what had happened so far. ...a dream? No... It felt real. My world. Those things. ...were they real? He thought to himself as he struggled to get up from the dirty ground. He couldn't remember the events very well. The memories were too obscured. He needed time to think it through. Standing on his two legs, Agito looked left and right, but while attempting to take in his surroundings, he didn't recognise nor knews where this is. Confused and slightly saddened while also angered, Agito clutched his right fist as tears slowly left his eyes. I can't cry now. I...need to get a grip. He thought to himself once more.

Willing to sit around on the ruined floor and break down into tears while panicking, he simply couldn't do such a stupid thing. He didn't want to lose his only thing that made him him. His own sanity and the remaining strength that he made with his friends. Wiping the tear from his eyes and finally calmed down, Agito knew he needed to find someone, anyone who can help, but who? Looking around some more, he could spot what appeared to be a large castle in the distance which is still under construction. Determined to head towards that direction, Agito immediately set his sights upon the castle and ran towards it, but creatures of the dark suddenly ambushed him. Surrounding him and blocking his only path. Here as well? With no weapon to defend himself, Agito Genesis was forced to use his own fists and his environment against his enemies. Angered just by looking at them, Agito quickly took his battle stance and tightened both his fists. "Move!!" He yelled at the enemies of the dark with anger before engaging them in combat.
Last edited by Unlimited on Sat May 22, 2010 4:54 am, edited 5 times in total.
Memento mori

Postby sam4books » Fri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm

~Kea Bird: The Streets of Hollow Bastion; Alleyway----The Beginning of a Partnership...~

A "comet" sparked by, catching the Bird's attention so he could not see the man who was walking towards him, down one of Hollow Bastion's streets. He stared at the "comet's" trail transfixed and as he gazed he thought to himself, 'Twinkle, twinkle, shooting star. How I wonder what you are.' The comet disappeared into the world's outskirts and a questionable man neared the alleyway where Kea stood. The bird would have kept on gazing at the foreboding sky if it weren't for that man.

"Won't you be a gazelle, with me?"

The bird squawked in surprise at the sound of the voice. Surely he hadn't meant to be discovered so quickly. Although it was probably too late for such actions, Kea took a step back into the darkness searching frantically for the owner of the voice. His eyes laid upon a man dressed in eighteenth century clothing. The only reason he even looked at the man was because of the two golden yo-yos the man was playing with in each hand. Two...golden...yo-yos.

Some things never changed. That old mindset of the thief was still barreled into Kea's heart. As were the memories that came with it. The bird watched the yo-yos bounced up and down, a glint in his eye. It wasn't until he realized the man had asked him something that he regained his composure. "A gazelle you say?" There was a hint of suprise in his voice, hidden under that surprise was interest. A man with such taste would no doubt make a very fine acquaintance. He smiled, "My good man, I would be honored!"
Last edited by sam4books on Fri May 21, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Fri May 21, 2010 5:01 pm

<0o0>Furor Elogium<0o0>
<^[]^>Between Worlds<^[]^>

“I knew this was a bad idea!” cried out Kiblekinz, holding his face in poofy moogle hands.

“Oh pashaw! You cowardly moogle! Return fire or move so I can!” shouted Furor, picking up the thing by its antenna and moving it out of the cockpit. The strange yound man plopped down in the comfortable command throne. His hands flew over the controls, “Let’s see if we can’t turn this around, shall we?” He diverted all power from missiles and thrusters into the shields . . . and something else! An odd void began to appear on what had previously appeared to be some form of miscellaneously placed turbine. From the void came a blindingly dark burst of energy that began slowly warping to a soft light, aimed directly at the heartless. The beam was nearly as tall as the wheel structure and far wider. “Bulls-eye!” he squealed cheerfully.
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby ViviGlow » Fri May 21, 2010 8:02 pm

After awhile watching the strange lights and that mysterious cloud Damien finally gave up on trying to turn his eyes into binoculars so that he would be able to see what was actually going on and instead decided to devote his thoughts to getting down from this humongous structure, a quick sweep of the area showed there were two doors, that weird door he came in had also disappeared although the water was still flowing from somewhere else. With a shrug he strolled to one of the doors and entered to find... huge dark wooden shelves stacked to bursting with rows and rows of multicoloured tomes, oddly he found that the racks weren’t in neat lines rather they were meandered around each other, forming dead ends and walls like some kind of literary maze. Now, he was quite proud of the fact that he was one of the few kids he knew who could properly read... buuut.... it still didn’t mean he wanted to be trapped inside a never ending tunnel of paper and ink.

Giving it only a few moments thought he started to tug out books with the intention of climbing to the top so he could just walk around to somewhere useful... but with the first volume that fell there was a sudden grinding noise followed by something slamming into place, which definitely made him jump... however... he was curious, another hardback fell and the same thing happened though he didn’t see exactly what was going on until the fifth one where a shelf slid up on his right and locked off the way he had come in, that didn’t stop him though as he was already starting to climb and drop the books as he went till after a long period of screeching movements he was at the top. Sitting up there he looked around both trying to find a place to go to and a path to walk, jumping between shelves being more of a last resort then an actual plan.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 pm

{Coil}

_Hollow Bastin_

"Smashing, let's go look for trouble!" Coil exclaimed as he unleashed one of the yoyos. He rolled it on the ground, walking the dog. " Or have it look for us, either one will do or don't. All depends on the trouble that is found." He added as he started to stroll down the alleyway. The yoyo rolled back into his hand. " So would you like to lead? I would, but I have no sense of direction." He continued.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Geomancer » Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 pm

*Between Worlds*

Despite the best efforts of the crews, the heartless were wearing them out. Bombs were so numerous that, despite their impressive firepower, they were occasionally able to grab hold and blow up. The ships were both covered in small 'craters'. It hadn't done any real damage yet but if the bombing continued, the old 'wounds' would be opened and the damage inflicted would be very serious.

*Dark Depths*

The horse's only response to Odin's warning was to charge him. Its hooves made the ground tremble as it sped forward. It lowered its head. The horn coming for him was worrying enough but the horn then did something more troubling: it started sparkling. Not nice sparkles, the sparks you get when a piece of technology malfunctions. Before the horn reached him, a blast of electricity shot toward him. When it hit something (either him or the ground) it broke up into several smaller bolts which shot out in every direction. That was still only a minor worry compared to the speed and weight of that horn seeking to impale him.

*Town*

Kea and Coil found huge metal doors blocking the way. A measured, female, computer voice said "All civilians, please stay inside the town. While your efforts may be valiant, you have not demonstrated proper strength to be allowed into the defense force. Therefore, please go into the nearest safe house for your own safety. Thank you."

GMancer

Postby Redsnow » Mon May 24, 2010 11:24 pm

"Oy!" shouted Silva over the intercom from the engineering room. "Handle her a little more gently, will ya you brat?"

"Eat my ass, Silva," said Vesper, gritting his teeth and sweating in concentration. "You try following Lesca's crazy routes once."

"Well, excuse me princess," said Lesca from behind him, her own fingers rapidly hitting keys. "It's your job. If you can't do it, then you can get the fu -"

"Ooh," said Vesper, wincing as another bomb made its way through the shields and blew up. "We are so gonna go after this, cow tits."

"What, so you can lose and go sulk for another week and cry for mommy and "Big-Sister Selphie"? Be my guest," said Lesca, pausing momentarily to regain her orientation as Vesper swung the ship around in a sudden spiral.

"Lightcycles."

"Whatever."

"My vote's on Vesper," said Milton immediately and with relish as he jammed a finger down on a button, only to see three bombs explode in a chain reaction.

"Lesca kupo," said Monteblanc from out of nowhere. "Milton, go easy on the second Ultima/G for a few seconds, will you kupo?"

"You know what?" said Silva. "I don't care - we're taking a beating Cap'n, and we need to resupply."

Sol, who had been ignoring most of the conversation, was looking down at the hole created by the ship in the world's barrier. His golden eyes seemed focused and distant from what was happening immediately around him as he watched what was unfolding within the world's boundaries.

"Sol!" said Silva, louder than usual. "Cap'n! We should head down worldside or she's going to take serious damage.

"Silva," said Sol, glancing at the part of the screen with Silva's face upon it. His eyes flashed. "I heard you the first time. Quiet down."

Glancing at the ship's brief diagnostics, and then at the enemies around him, he nodded to himself and spoke up.

"This is unusual, but not unexpected - we'll act accordingly. Get down planetside, Vesper, full speed - Monteblanc, if we have any spare bombs and projectiles that haven't been launched, toss'em out the back to lighten our load. Milton, when Shao says we're out of range, throw a laser at the cargo and blow it all up."

"It'll be expensive to restock in that kind of weaponry kupo!" said Monteblance indignantly.

"Then I won't take a cut off the next shipment," said Sol, looking bored. "Alrighty, go for it, crew."

Vesper suddenly changed direction and made beeline towards the world below them.

"Payload dropped off kupo," said Monteblanc, sighing.

"Getting out of range," said Shao. "In three, two...one."

"Firing Ultima/G one and three," squeaked Milton.

The payload exploded in a fantastic array of light, but the crew did not bother to see exactly how much damage was done. Their focus was set on the battle of giants happening below them in the Dark Depths as they zoomed by.

"Did you see that!" yelled Vesper. "That was awesome!"

"Alright, crew," said Sol, standing up and buckling Tournesol behind him. "We're not out of this yet. Vesper, drop me, Lesca, Shao, and Milton off at the Dark Depths and give us support from above while taking out any Heartless you see coming through the breach in the barrier. Monteblanc, teleport into town and get whatever weapons to restock our arsenal you can. Our payload would have taken out a good chunk of them, but they'll still come back, and we need to be ready. Silva, how long till you can get those craters fixed?"

"Five minutes in a garage, fifteen without," said Silva gruffly. "Mostly just need to recharge shields and we should be fine in taking down Heartless that are trying to breach the barrier."

"Gotta be faster than that," said Sol. "Do it in thirteen, I know you can."

Silva smiled ruefully and nodded before turning around and hefting gummi blocks with the help of his mechanized hammer.

"Alright, then," said Sol, leaving the bridge, Lesca, Milton, and Shao close behind him. "Let's go keep this world in the light, shall we?"

The Ardent Sun, no longer glowing, instead dropped a detachment Teeny Ship, which quickly made its way down to the ground, near the gate that divided the town from the Dark Depths.

"Let's go," said Sol, as soon as the hatch opened.

Postby Nelo Angelo » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 am

Alucard cursed as the horse spead under him, heading for Odin. landing on the balls o fhis feet, Alucard spead towards the heartless, swinging the scythe in a wide arch, planning to take the heartless' legs from underneath it. The heartless may of ingnored him before, but not again. Alucard could feel the darkness in his heart palpitate as he got closer to the heartless. It was reacting with the horse shaped heartless. He had to keep it in check, or he could become the enemy...

Postby sam4books » Tue May 25, 2010 9:55 am

~Kea Bird: The Streets of Hollow Bastion----Looking For Trouble~

Although he was not for looking for trouble in particular, the bird did have a craving for adventure. Besides, the best way to study an enemy was to find it yourself, and for that he simply couldn't complain. Not to mention he REALLY wanted to stay with this guy for a while, or more than a while. There was something about this guy that was transfixing. "Indeed, my new friend! And yes I will be delighted to do so. I hope you don't mind, but-" There was a rather unpleasant interruption as the bird talked, by the way of a computerized voice. Kea glared at the sound of the voice, this wouldn't do. This wouldn't do at all. The bird ran in the direction of the disturbance his instincts felt not too long ago, but there was a door blocking the way. The "voice" apparently wanted them to go to the nearest safe house, but how could he pass up such an opportunity? There was a glare in his eyes as the bird backed away from the door towards Coil.

"Well my friend it seems like trouble has found us....or not" the bird whispered to the man. "There are certain advantages in being a bird that I'm willing to offer." Kea gave Coil a wink, "If you still wish to venture into the unknown that is."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Wed May 26, 2010 10:42 am

{Dark Depths}

Odin just waited, watching the steed patiently as it reered back and charged, avoiding the initial attack the other fellow had tried to use on its head. Odin then tilted his head a bit, watching the bolt of electric energy shooting toward him. He reached back, flicking his thick cape forward and wrapping it repeatedly over his left hand. Just as the blast and the beast came near, Odin jumped forward, barely getting his foot over the blast. He then grabbed the shocked horn with his insulated left hand, staving off the electric currents and pushing the horse's horn down to make it thrust at the ground. If he timed it right, Odin planned on the horse getting hit by the bolts firing off the shot it had fired.

He then pushed himself up, flipping forward to go flying over the horse's back. As he passed, Odin swung his sword down, slashing at the beast's spine while he sailed past it and flew toward the ground some feet behind it. He went into a roll, stopping on one knee, head turned to look at the horse. If it'd worked, the burst attack of the shot would have hit the horse, keeping it from reaching out toward him or the stranger and his scythe attacking the beast's legs.
Demon of Elru

Next

Return to Role Playing