Kingdom Hearts RP v.3 *Dead*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP v.3: The Darkness Manifest OOC

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 6:35 pm

I know that. I'll Start my CS right away.

You think your evil? You want to see real evil? Then allow me to educate you...

Postby Redsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Original Character

Name: Solvan Jones

Appearance: Sol stands at six feet even, and has long, windswept blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and peculiar eyes adorned with golden irises. He is not particularly solidly built, but lack of fat and well-balanced muscles give the illusion that he is. He is usually dressed in a tucked-in collared shirt, unbuttoned to his navel, two belts, and leather pants and boots. He also wears his socks inside-out, but keeps this a secret.

Weapon of Choice:

The Tournesol - though he wields this blade as a one-handed weapon. There is nothing significant about this weapon, save for its design and craftsmanship. However, in Sol's hand, it becomes a weapon that shines brightly in the darkness, and works better with Sol's abilities than another weapon of the same caliber would have. As it looks in the images here.

Magical Abilities:

The Ardent Sun - Light wells forth from Sol's heart, suffusing both him and his weapon in a distinctive golden light that is invigorating to his allies and blinding to his enemies. Does not do anything in itself, but is the basis for his other abilities.

Lighthearted - Allies who see Sol's light are in turn suffused with a similar glow; courage wells up in their hearts and fear is forgotten while their weapons and bodies feel more nimble. All allies suffused with this glow have their attack and defense stats increased by 1 (not applicable to Sol himself, as he cannot be invigorated by his own presence). Cannot be used in conjunction with The Gilded Hand.

The Gilded Hand - Sol concentrates his aura into his weapon, making it truly one with himself - his weapon is infused with a bright, golden sheen that outshines his own aura. His attack stat is increased by 1 and the enemies' defense stats are decreased by 1. Cannot be used in conjunction with Lighthearted.

Nova - Sol isolates his aura completely into his weapon, stopping his other abilities, but giving him access to Shock, dealing devastating damage against his foe, for one strike if he wants to retain any aspect of his Ardent Sun afterwards - a second attack will render his abilities gone for the duration of a fight. Shield (defense) stat is decreased by 1 when attempting to strike with this attack, and Sol is only able to activate it when he has sustained heavy damage and is wielding Tournesol.

Ultima/G - Using his aura as a beacon by pulsing it, Sol can command his gummi ship can fire up to three devastating lasers at the same time at his enemies from its position above him. Cannot be used indoors.

Strength Focus: Light inherent in his heart and its presence amongst others; physical swordsmanship.

Personality: Ruthless but charismatic, Sol has garnered respect, admiration, and even love by his rather whimsical nature. He tends to look at the bigger picture, and ignores, or is oblivious to, the smaller details. As such, he has an inquisitive nature, but does not shirk making the tough decisions if he feels that it is needed.

History: Among those who lost their worlds to the darkness, none were more affected than the children who found themselves, orphaned, in Traverse Town. The weak, if they weren't saved by kind-hearted souls, were quickly disposed of by the seemingly never-ending amount of Heartless. The strong, however, found solace in each other, and a small gang of orphans began roaming the streets, surviving together. They were as rodents, scrounging for munny and food, but, as time passed and each member was as family, they were happy.

Sol never did remember his homeworld, but was one of the first to suggest the orphans band together. While leadership was shaky at first, by the time the orphans had grown enough to hold their own and gain a more permanent position, Sol had risen to prominence amongst their little band, just by the fact that others felt a sort of comfort and assurance while around him. Though he was not aware of his abilities at the time, his swordsmanship and leadership alone was enough to keep the band together, happy, and, most of all, alive.

Perhaps the gummi ship was just a fulfillment of boyhood dreams, or it could have been the inquisitive nature of Sol's acting out; whatever the case, there were very few who did not want to leave this world they had been dumped upon, and so they took to the stars at first chance. Traveling space was tough at first - their ship was hardly state-of-the-art, and their piloting was abysmal, at best. However, they were quick learners, and impassioned about the idea of traveling to distant worlds - perhaps even back to the homes they remembered so little of.

As time passed, however, their band grew, and their directions changed. The children's dreams of being swashbuckling space adventurers had quickly placed them deep in the war against the Heartless, forcing them to fight for a greater cause than themselves. It was at this time that Sol's abilities finally manifested into something tangible, and the ship, which had been made and remade to a powerful and unique spacecraft, was finally given a name: The Ardent Sun. The ship and her crew worked behind the scenes, and appropriated parts and supplies to all the fronts that fought against the Heartless, while driving off as many as they could themselves.

However, they still do have their fun on the side; it was not only once that they visited a world to enjoy their spoils.

Stats:

Sword: 3

Wand: 2

Shield: 2

Gummi Ship

The Ardent Sun
While the ship started with humble beginnings, the Ardent Sun has come a long way. Now boasting extremely high mobility and destructive power while sacrificing a bit in defense, it has maintained a position of being one of the most advanced and dangerous ships traveling the stars. Rather long, it is shaped like a gold blade resting on its flat side, its sides tapering off into wings that are integrated into the main frame of the ship's build. Its bridge is located slightly behind the ship's midpoint, and its projectile weapons are located below the wings, while its lock on lasers are located below the frame below the bridge itself.

The interior of the ship is surprisingly spacious and comfortable, save for the bridge, which maintains a spartan, efficiency-oriented atmosphere. The bridge's forward-most seat has the pilot's controls, who is also in charge of projectile attacks. To the pilot's left is the main weapons controls, and to the right is main navigation. Behind and slightly above the pilot's seat is the skipper's seat, and behind and above that is the captain's seat - both are given the same controls, which allows for quick communication to all parts of the ship, a visual representation of shield and structure integrity, as well as overrides to any of the forward position controls. Right below the bridge is the engine room, wherein two mechanics work on maintaining the weapons and engine/shields respectively.

The Teeny Ship is a smaller detachment from the main ship, but has few, if any armaments - it is intended to be an escape ship or a planetside distress ship.

Ardent Sun Crew:

Solvan Jones - Captain; human, homeworld unknown.

Lesca - First Mate; human, Hollow Bastion. While the only female on the ship, Lesca has absolute command over the rest of the crew (including, sometimes, Solvan himself), purely by being shrewd, responsible, and intelligent. Where Solvan cannot take his eyes off the bigger picture, Lesca busies herself with the details - especially when it comes to the Ardent Sun, as the ship was designed mostly by her, and she is familiar with every facet of it. However, she respects Solvan immensely, and usually defers to his judgment. She stands 5'9, has long black hair tied up thin braids and bunched together in a ponytail behind her. She is just as proficient with swords as Solvan is, but prefers a pistol in her off-hand, as well.

Shao - Navigator; human, Land of Dragons. Calm and reserved, Shao is a strange addition to the rather rowdy and loud crew of the Ardent Sun, but has a number of strange idiosyncrasies that keeps him from readily leaving. He is usually dressed in traditional Land of Dragons clothing, and utilizes Northern Shaolin Kung Fu for unarmed attacks.

Vesper - Pilot; human, Destiny Islands. A rather recent addition to the crew, Milton is their youngest member as well, but makes up for his inexperience in zeal. He quickly took controls out of Lesca's hands when he made it evident that he was a natural at piloting - the ship's defensive capabilities were toned down to make room for the mobility upgrades needed to fully realize Milton's piloting abilities. Is not much for landside fighting, but makes up for it by staying with the ship.

Milton Mouse - Weapons; Mouse, Disney Castle. Not particularly related to King Mickey, but almost identical looking, Milton was an orphan, not by the Heartless, but by bad circumstance. However, his wanderings led him to Solvan's group of misfits quite early, and he has since become a staple member. Uses a rapier to fight on land, and is in charge of aiming and firing the ship's weapons.

Monteblanc - Weapons Engineer/inventory; Moogle, Unknown - Originally a reluctant member of the group, Monteblanc only agreed to joining them when he realized his trade could be substantially expanded through them. Is capable of using rather powerful black magic and hates having his pom pom ruffled.

Silva - Engine/Shield Engineer; Human, FFVII world - One of the original members, and is known for his immense strength and stature - he stands seven feet tall and is powerfully muscled in every part of it (minus the head, Lesca usually likes to comment), and is the main engineer. His weapon is a giant, mechanized hammer that includes some gummi parts.

Tentative Picture:
Last edited by Redsnow on Mon May 17, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Postby Unlimited » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Wow... that's pretty awesome.

Red, I'm going to have to study your CS a little bit more.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Err... you?

And I like the A) Pictures and B) Drive

The names are good and the background is fine.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 7:15 pm

Type: Original

Name: Alucard Dismembra

Appearance: Image

World/Game (Disney & Final Fantasy respectively): Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden

Weapon of Choice/Magical Abilities: Weapon: Image

The scythe is similar to this scythe, except that it is pure black in color, both handle and blade.

Powers: Alucard has the power to control the darkness within his heart, and use it to his own advantage.

Teleportation: Similar to Larxene’s capabilities, Alucard has the power to disappear in a wisp of darkness, and reappear close by. He can use this in battle to get behind his opponents, or dodge attacks. However, he is no where near as fast as Larxene, and the more he uses it, the more tired he becomes.

Darkness Discord: Wisps of darkness take hold of Alucard’s scythe, and begin to spin it at an amazing speed. Blasts of darkness are released from the scythe, right towards the target. The only problem is that the blast can’t be steered.

Darkness take over: If Alucard is damaged in battle enough, the darkness in his heart can break free, and partially take over his mind. His teeth become longer, and pointed, his eyes become pure black. His attacks become more animalistic in nature, but he cannot tape into his other moves.

Strength Focus: physical attacks

Brief description of Character: Alucard is a very quite person, usually keeping to himself at all times, but is a truly trust worth person, able to work extremely well in teams. He is friendly, but is almost never willing to talk about his past, as it hurts too much, but is more then willing to listen to the troubles of others, and try to help if he can. Alucard left his own world for a single reason: escape the pain. His parents her turned into Heartless by other heartless, which left a great pain in his heart. That pain slowly transformed into full fledged darkness that threatened to over take him, and turn him into a heartless himself. Leaving his world to try to escape, the darkness continued to feed on the pain, until finally, it almost consumed Alucard, transforming him into the heartless like creature for the first time. Using all his might, Alucard was able to gain control over himself. That is when he knew what he had to do: Use the darkness against them. Get revenge for his parents, and wipe out the Heartless.

Sword (Fighting): 3

Wand (Magic): 2

Shield (Defense): 2
Last edited by Nelo Angelo on Thu May 13, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Karo » Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 pm

I would like to point out that while Red gives pictures for what his character's clothes look like, he gives no mention to what his character actually looks like.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Redsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 pm

I would like to point out that I'm not the one wearing hockey pads with the keyblades in my sig.

Postby Karo » Wed May 12, 2010 7:23 pm

You're right! Sorry. Guess I was scrolling too fast. :unsure:
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm

Okay, sooooo . . . I call a keyblade wielder, working on the cs right now!
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 7:55 pm

No calling!

GMancer

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed May 12, 2010 7:58 pm

Fine then, I'm still making one, anyways, what are the differences between dawn, dusk, and light?
'Samus. That's the only name you'll hear. Samus. It means the end and the death. Samus. I am Samus. Samus is all around you. Samus is the man beside you. Samus will gnaw upon your bones. Look out! Samus is here.' - Horus Rising by Dan Abnett

I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obsta-- *runs into a pole*

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Cosmetic.

GMancer

Postby Redsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Finished!

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed May 12, 2010 8:13 pm

Gotcha

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 8:14 pm

Well, hope my CS is up to snuff.

Postby Geomancer » Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Nice, Red. I had my doubts but you really pulled it together. One question: What kind of weapon does he wield? You give us the name but nothing of what it looks like.

Nelo, I'm a little cautious to allow someone named 'Alucard' or a weapon from a big picture like that in but the CS as a whole is adequate.

GMancer

Postby Nelo Angelo » Wed May 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Trust me, my Alucard is nothing like the Hellsing Alucard, if thats what your refering to, and also, the scythe, not much diffrent form Marluxia's.

Postby IamAlphaGeek » Wed May 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Keyblade Wielder:

Name: Furor Elogium

Appearance: Furor is a dark grey skinned boy of about 17. He stands 5’ 11” and weighs in at a meager 136lb. He has flinty grey eyes and ice blue hair. He usually wears brightly coloured, harlequin, non-senesce clothing with bits and pieces of flashy steel armour.

Keyblade of Choice: Vesenia(Originally a strange spear that he personally constructed.). Vesenia is a strange, swirling blade usually manifested as a spear like weapon. It is fast, but not extraordinarily powerful, focusing on agility in combat, but mostly magic. It is oddly shaped and adorned, looping and zigzagging in ways that simply feel wrong, hurting the eyes of the sane-minded. The key chain at the end is a circle filled with sickening, cruel geometry and maddening shapes.

Drive Form: Malign Form. In Malign form, Furor becomes grim and macabre, his clothes darkening and becoming drab. His viens become visible beneath his skin, creating a black web. The whites of his eyes turn black and his face becomes twisted and mournful. Vesenia becomes Moris Vesenia. Just the sight of it brings a gnawing, striken feeling to one’s conscious. It brings a distracting aura around its user and makes their movements unpredictable. Though they become harder to predict and counter, the user becomes reckless and losses control in their willing flight into madness.

Dawn, dusk, or light? : Dawn

Strength Focus: Insanity, Willpower, Mind-games, Trickery, and the likes.

Homeworld: Hollow Bastion, after the Heartless began taking root.

Brief description of Character: Furor is an odd, quirky young man, scholarly, strong willed, and intellectual, but strange. He is usually very cheery and random in person, but can become morbid and or angry in certain situations, especially concerning the heartless. When the Heartless began Manifesting in Hollow Bastion, he fought them whenever possible with magics he had studied, primarily using traps and similar means to incapacitate them before slaying them. Soon, he was forced to leave as he found that malignant madness began growing in the darker corners of his mind the longer he stayed there. He traveled to the place that many of his colleagues and friends had already fled to, Traverse Town. He studied vigorously to find a way to take down the heartless for good. He kept to himself and his own devices. His mind was consumed with the task and he was hellbent to find an answer, which he did, but not in his books. Furor recognized this sort of weapon, a keyblade, a method he had not considered do to the nature of obtaining one, but now he had it, its name echoed in his mind, Vesenia . . . He then took off for the coliseum to hone his skills. Now he sets forth to fight the heartless, and anyone who stands in his way.

Sword (Fighting) 2

Wand (Magic) 3

Shield (Defense) 2
Last edited by IamAlphaGeek on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Slipslash » Wed May 12, 2010 10:53 pm

Geomancer wrote:Cosmetic.

Wrong there friendo

What that would indicate is if:

A) Quick learner but you get burnt out when you've "learned" a lot of things

B) Mid-learner you have an even plane when it comes to getting stronger

C) You mature in strength slowly at first, but shoot up like a rocket later.

so it'd be

A) Dawn

B) Light

C) Dusk

Hope this helps. . .and expect a CS later. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Redsnow » Wed May 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Nelo, you didn't assign stats.

Also, if NO ONE is going to, or makes a good enough profile to, take the Light Keywielder, I'm willing to change my character to be one. He'll probably only need a couple tweaks anyway. Not likely, but just in case. I'd rather not have Sol be a keywielder, though - too many responsibilities.

Postby Geomancer » Thu May 13, 2010 12:05 am

@Slip: That's really only in the video game that that has any effect.

@Red: Don't worry, there is still plenty of time for someone to make a light keywielder.

@Nelo: As Red noted, you didn't assign stats.

I've noticed that there has yet to be a single Final Fantasy or Disney character or even a character from those worlds.

I remember two of my favorite examples of Disney characters: Max (Goffy's teenage son) as an archer and Milo (Atlantis) as Merlin's pupil and a budding magician.

GMancer

Postby Redsnow » Thu May 13, 2010 12:38 am

I suppose I could have my character have originally come from Ivalice...Or from the Land of Departure. Either way, though, it doesn't seem to have any significance.
Last edited by Redsnow on Thu May 13, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Unlimited » Thu May 13, 2010 2:33 am

Empty.
Last edited by Unlimited on Thu May 27, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memento mori

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing