Sol stands at six feet even, and has long, windswept blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and peculiar eyes adorned with golden irises. He is not particularly solidly built, but lack of fat and well-balanced muscles give the illusion that he is. He is usually dressed in a tucked-in collared shirt, unbuttoned to his navel, two belts, and leather pants and boots. He also wears his socks inside-out, but keeps this a secret.Weapon of Choice: The Tournesol
- though he wields this blade as a one-handed weapon. There is nothing significant about this weapon, save for its design and craftsmanship. However, in Sol's hand, it becomes a weapon that shines brightly in the darkness, and works better with Sol's abilities than another weapon of the same caliber would have. As it looks in the images here.Magical Abilities:The Ardent Sun
- Light wells forth from Sol's heart, suffusing both him and his weapon in a distinctive golden light that is invigorating to his allies and blinding to his enemies. Does not do anything in itself, but is the basis for his other abilities.Lighthearted
- Allies who see Sol's light are in turn suffused with a similar glow; courage wells up in their hearts and fear is forgotten while their weapons and bodies feel more nimble. All allies suffused with this glow have their attack and defense stats increased by 1 (not applicable to Sol himself, as he cannot be invigorated by his own presence). Cannot be used in conjunction with The Gilded Hand.The Gilded Hand
- Sol concentrates his aura into his weapon, making it truly one with himself - his weapon is infused with a bright, golden sheen that outshines his own aura. His attack stat is increased by 1 and the enemies' defense stats are decreased by 1. Cannot be used in conjunction with Lighthearted.Nova
- Sol isolates his aura completely into his weapon, stopping his other abilities, but giving him access to Shock, dealing devastating damage against his foe, for one strike if he wants to retain any aspect of his Ardent Sun afterwards - a second attack will render his abilities gone for the duration of a fight. Shield (defense) stat is decreased by 1 when attempting to strike with this attack, and Sol is only able to activate it when he has sustained heavy damage and is wielding Tournesol.Ultima/G
- Using his aura as a beacon by pulsing it, Sol can command his gummi ship can fire up to three devastating lasers at the same time at his enemies from its position above him. Cannot be used indoors.Strength Focus
: Light inherent in his heart and its presence amongst others; physical swordsmanship.Personality:
Ruthless but charismatic, Sol has garnered respect, admiration, and even love by his rather whimsical nature. He tends to look at the bigger picture, and ignores, or is oblivious to, the smaller details. As such, he has an inquisitive nature, but does not shirk making the tough decisions if he feels that it is needed.History:
Among those who lost their worlds to the darkness, none were more affected than the children who found themselves, orphaned, in Traverse Town. The weak, if they weren't saved by kind-hearted souls, were quickly disposed of by the seemingly never-ending amount of Heartless. The strong, however, found solace in each other, and a small gang of orphans began roaming the streets, surviving together. They were as rodents, scrounging for munny and food, but, as time passed and each member was as family, they were happy.
Sol never did remember his homeworld, but was one of the first to suggest the orphans band together. While leadership was shaky at first, by the time the orphans had grown enough to hold their own and gain a more permanent position, Sol had risen to prominence amongst their little band, just by the fact that others felt a sort of comfort and assurance while around him. Though he was not aware of his abilities at the time, his swordsmanship and leadership alone was enough to keep the band together, happy, and, most of all, alive
Perhaps the gummi ship was just a fulfillment of boyhood dreams, or it could have been the inquisitive nature of Sol's acting out; whatever the case, there were very few who did not want to leave this world they had been dumped upon, and so they took to the stars at first chance. Traveling space was tough at first - their ship was hardly state-of-the-art, and their piloting was abysmal, at best. However, they were quick learners, and impassioned about the idea of traveling to distant worlds - perhaps even back to the homes they remembered so little of.
As time passed, however, their band grew, and their directions changed. The children's dreams of being swashbuckling space adventurers had quickly placed them deep in the war against the Heartless, forcing them to fight for a greater cause than themselves. It was at this time that Sol's abilities finally manifested into something tangible, and the ship, which had been made and remade to a powerful and unique spacecraft, was finally given a name: The Ardent Sun
. The ship and her crew worked behind the scenes, and appropriated parts and supplies to all the fronts that fought against the Heartless, while driving off as many as they could themselves.
However, they still do have their fun on the side; it was not only once that they visited a world to enjoy their spoils.Stats:
Shield: 2Gummi ShipThe Ardent Sun
While the ship started with humble beginnings, the Ardent Sun
has come a long way. Now boasting extremely high mobility and destructive power while sacrificing a bit in defense, it has maintained a position of being one of the most advanced and dangerous ships traveling the stars. Rather long, it is shaped like a gold blade resting on its flat side, its sides tapering off into wings that are integrated into the main frame of the ship's build. Its bridge is located slightly behind the ship's midpoint, and its projectile weapons are located below the wings, while its lock on lasers are located below the frame below the bridge itself.
The interior of the ship is surprisingly spacious and comfortable, save for the bridge, which maintains a spartan, efficiency-oriented atmosphere. The bridge's forward-most seat has the pilot's controls, who is also in charge of projectile attacks. To the pilot's left is the main weapons controls, and to the right is main navigation. Behind and slightly above the pilot's seat is the skipper's seat, and behind and above that is the captain's seat - both are given the same controls, which allows for quick communication to all parts of the ship, a visual representation of shield and structure integrity, as well as overrides to any of the forward position controls. Right below the bridge is the engine room, wherein two mechanics work on maintaining the weapons and engine/shields respectively.
The Teeny Ship is a smaller detachment from the main ship, but has few, if any armaments - it is intended to be an escape ship or a planetside distress ship.Ardent Sun
Solvan Jones - Captain; human, homeworld unknown.
Lesca - First Mate; human, Hollow Bastion. While the only female on the ship, Lesca has absolute command over the rest of the crew (including, sometimes, Solvan himself), purely by being shrewd, responsible, and intelligent. Where Solvan cannot take his eyes off the bigger picture, Lesca busies herself with the details - especially when it comes to the Ardent Sun
, as the ship was designed mostly by her, and she is familiar with every facet of it. However, she respects Solvan immensely, and usually defers to his judgment. She stands 5'9, has long black hair tied up thin braids and bunched together in a ponytail behind her. She is just as proficient with swords as Solvan is, but prefers a pistol in her off-hand, as well.
Shao - Navigator; human, Land of Dragons. Calm and reserved, Shao is a strange addition to the rather rowdy and loud crew of the Ardent Sun
, but has a number of strange idiosyncrasies that keeps him from readily leaving. He is usually dressed in traditional Land of Dragons clothing, and utilizes Northern Shaolin Kung Fu for unarmed attacks.
Vesper - Pilot; human, Destiny Islands. A rather recent addition to the crew, Milton is their youngest member as well, but makes up for his inexperience in zeal. He quickly took controls out of Lesca's hands when he made it evident that he was a natural at piloting - the ship's defensive capabilities were toned down to make room for the mobility upgrades needed to fully realize Milton's piloting abilities. Is not much for landside fighting, but makes up for it by staying with the ship.
Milton Mouse - Weapons; Mouse, Disney Castle. Not particularly related to King Mickey, but almost identical looking, Milton was an orphan, not by the Heartless, but by bad circumstance. However, his wanderings led him to Solvan's group of misfits quite early, and he has since become a staple member. Uses a rapier to fight on land, and is in charge of aiming and firing the ship's weapons.
Monteblanc - Weapons Engineer/inventory; Moogle, Unknown - Originally a reluctant member of the group, Monteblanc only agreed to joining them when he realized his trade could be substantially expanded through them. Is capable of using rather powerful black magic and hates having his pom pom ruffled.
Silva - Engine/Shield Engineer; Human, FFVII world - One of the original members, and is known for his immense strength and stature - he stands seven feet tall and is powerfully muscled in every part of it (minus the head, Lesca usually likes to comment), and is the main engineer. His weapon is a giant, mechanized hammer that includes some gummi parts.