DC: The Night before the Dawn RP (IC: The beginning)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: DC: The Night before the Dawn RP (IC: The beginning)

Postby numbuhAsharp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:14 am

"Actually, I don't think, Slade you called him?, will still be with Freeze once we catch up. He strikes me as the mercenary type. But what do I know? I've never been in the big leagues before. I've fought plenty of assholes but never organized assholes. I'm gonna have to get my act together if I'm going to be any help in taking down that son of a preacher man" Fortisemo said while pacing the trailer partly in thought and partly in frustration.
Last edited by numbuhAsharp on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:24 am

Time Lady stood with her arms folded as she listened, impressed by Cyber Punk’s reasoning. Originally she had only planned on holding up Freeze by sealing the vault, returning to help fight Slade as soon as she was done. However things hadn’t gone to plan…It was her lack of experience and knowledge that had really let her down (and her resolute stubbornness not to give up when one plan failed her). This Cyber Punk seemed to know a lot more about what they were dealing with than she did. She noticed and admired the leader qualities he displayed. Certainly it would be worth while listening to him in future, since he seemed to have a clearer idea of what he was doing than the rest of them. Like Fortisemo, she had little experience when it came to dealing with villains like these.

“Thanks,” she said, stepping out once the vault was opened. As she walked out of the bank and climbed in the truck, she couldn’t help but smile at the mention of her Time-stopping skills. “Well, I wouldn’t say I ever ‘achieved’ Temporal manipulation. More like ‘inherited’ it,” she replied to Cyber Punk. “It’s kind of a long story.”

As she sat down, she found herself even more impressed by Cyber Punk’s technology. Although it clearly wasn’t as advanced as the technology of her people, she had to admit it was pretty good. He certainly made full use of what he had, and was clearly one step ahead.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby numbuhAsharp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 am

"Well if we're going to be working together, we might as well introduce ourselves. I'm Fortisemo, I'm a meta-human from Dakota. Well, where else do meta-humans come from? But I digress, my powers give me control over music and sound" he said walking up the wall just to show off.
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Timer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:17 am

Deathstroke hoisted himself up onto the roof, a brown paper bag in his left hand “pah.. those heroes were worthless..” He climbed up another ledge and parked himself down on a flat ledge, handing over the edge of a five story drop. He began separating out the things in his bag, small foil tins and brown bags of Chinese food “ahhh... it’s not all bad though..” He said to himself, taking a long smell of the bag of prawn toast..He popped off the lid and poured a little sauce onto the rice, before dropping on his main meal (Beef in black pepper sauce) to top of that, getting out his small plastic fork he tucked in.. “bloody cheap Chinese place..” he muttered under his breath at the fork as it bent against the bottom of the carton. He took out some toast and piled a little rice on top “fucker!” he shouted as some fell on his trouser leg “hope I don’t have to fight anyone important before I can get changed..” He looked down at the toast with an angry stare “This sauce is impossible to get out

He polished off the toast and then his rice, "Need a bloody drink now.." he looked over the side of the building and saw a vending machine.. "Perfect" he aimed his grappling hook and fired, smashing the front of the machine and getting a can of coke trapped in the grappling hooks pincers, he quickly reeled it back in and opened the can "No better price than free.." He chuckled, looking over the city scape waiting for his next mission.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Time Lady was interested Fortesimo’s powers. So he can control sound? That could be very useful, us working together…imagine what would happen if we channelled his sound waves through my sonic pen…? If I amplified and intensified it beyond its reach using the pen, and then focused it…wow...

But abandoning the new ideas she had for the moment she introduced herself, “I’m Time Lady, as you already know,” replied Time Lady in response, as was only polite. “As for who I am and where I come from, that’s a bit more complicated. I’m an experimental generated anomaly, created on Earth. Although, technically I’m pure Gallifreyan.” She moved on swiftly, “But I think really we should be concentrating on the problems we’ve got right now, shouldn’t we?”

She turned to Cyber Punk, interested, “So,” she said, “Sorry, didn’t quite catch your name before -? You’re the one with the ideas. How should we tackle this?”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby numbuhAsharp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 pm

"You're an alien? Cool. That explains why I've been hearing one too many heartbeats" he said whilst on the ceiling. "What about you CP?"

Postby Archrival » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:51 pm

[Black Hand]
William Hand had indeed hung himself, he dangled from the ceiling lifeless and limp. A trickle of blood dribbled out of his mouth. Though he was dead he wasn't going to be for long as there was a being by his corpse, a gaurdian by the name of Scar had sought Black Hand out as the prophecy had told her she would. She looked upon his corpse and smiled. "You will serve a new pupose, and a new master." Scar began to cough and splutter, black ooze began to seep from from her mouth then she coughed into her hand a ring. The ring was a black ring that looked like it had been forged by darkness itself. "Now William Hand of Earth....RISE!" She placed the ring on his finger and within seconds he gasped for air, he removed the noose from his neck and began to laugh.
Last edited by Archrival on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Mastermind001 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:58 pm

{Cyber Punk}

_Mobile Base_

Cyber Punk started to type on his command console. The main screen started to perform calculations and several tiny screens of pictures of different buildings started to appear. " No, your right, Fort, however, I prefer to think of the worst case." He mentioned to Fort as he continued. " Now when I mentioned I'm tracking, its in a more detective kind of way especially since Slade is involved." Cyber Punk explained "If anything, Slade would take one of my tracers put it god knows where, he's that predictable so I figured thinking outside the box would be better and cheaper to boot."

" Now under the assumption that Freeze would actually remain in Gotham and due to his special condition, he would need somewhere to chill out so to speak." He mentioned typing up a storm. His thought process was is what made CP good at what he does. " One, since the temperature outside is 89 degrees, I suggest to find him by using infrared and look at the coldest places within Gotham or Two, I've performed a search of buildings in Gotham that are used for cold storage. " Cyber Punk said as he explained his ideas to the Time Lady and Fortisemo.

Cyber Punk sat up from his chair and took off his helmet. He revealed that he had actually had another mask on underneath the helmet. " And, I was really hoping to learn the secrets of stopping time." He said as he placed the helmet on a desk. " We have only achieved Temporal Acceleration and De-acceleration. But I suppose its better not to know since we no longer possess ZIL." He added.

" Oh right, I guess, I forgot to introduce my self, I'm called Cyber Punk or Aegis. It doesn't matter which you use, I'll respond to both." He finally introduced himself to them.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby numbuhAsharp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:02 pm

"Damn and I thought I was smart. See these speakers? put 'em in myself. But I can not hold a candle to you my freind. I'm not worthy" he said bowing on the ceiling.

Postby Keiran » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 pm

[DreamMare]
Demitri was now outside, his bullet-restant shirt tight against his chest, it's pressure comforting against his chest. He wondered again if he counted as a meta-human, he wasn't born like this he was sure, but how he got his powers he was still unsure. He ran across low roofs searching carefully for those in trouble. Maybe I should check the surrounding cities, he mused, Maybe they could use some help tonight. He turned and ran south, his eyes glowing but he wasusing his powers so change people's perception should they look up. It really wouldn't do for someone to see the purple-clad young man.

After almost an hour he got to a small city called Aldale. He jumped from roof to roof keeping to the low ones just in case he fell, Goliath would not be please if he came home with broken bones, again. Even if Demitri could warp it so he didn't feel the pain of his injuries, he still retained damage and Goliath hated bringing him to the hospital. For some reason, they always thought Goliath and he were gay and that Goliath had beated him. Silly idea, Goliath and he were just roommates, friends.

He ran till he saw someone floating above a roof and, curious ran to him. It was a young man, blond, pretty short, maybe five-and-a-half feet, and he looked so sickly. It he looked like he was big carried on someone's back, but no one was there holding him up.He walked cautiously toward the floating man, careful incase he startled the man. "Hullo," he call, not loudly but loud enough to be heard by the floating man, "How are you? I'm DreamMare, would you like to come down? I'm frightened you may fall." He smiled at the older man, keeping his voice gentle and calm.

[Repo]
Rhys sang as he climbed up the wall of the chruch, his head bobbing slightly as he sang. "Remember when you ran away and I got on my knees and begged you not to leave because I'd go berserk?? Well... You left me anyhow and then the days got worse and worse and now you see I've gone completely out of my mind... And... They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!.They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!! You thought it was a joke and so you laughed, you laughed when I had said that loosing you would make me flip my lid.. RIGHT??? I know you laughed, I heard you laugh, you laughed you laughed and laughed and then you left, but now you know I'm utterly mad... And..." Would you shut up? the voice from the talkie echoed in his head. "Shaddup Thomas," the large man hissed and surveyed his surroundings and he spotte a man on one of the roofs, "Interesting."

Rhys jumbed from the high chruch roof and slammed down on a concrete roof, the rock cratering under his solid weight. This didn't bother Rhys as he walked to the other man who seemed to be eating chinese food. He watched silently as the man used a grapling hook to grab a drink, what did he care if the man was a criminal? All he wanted was to help his poor gentle baby brother. He stood over the man, his silvery hair brushing his forehead, he was about the same height as Rhys himself was, wearing orange and black armour and Rhys could see the array of weapons stashed on his body. A soldier maybe? "Who are you?" Rhys hissed softly, not threateningly, more curiously like a child meeting a new person. He hummed softly as he waited, the mask making it sound like a snake hissing soothingly.

Postby Timer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:19 pm

"People call me Deathstroke.." He belched loudly, throwing his rubbish off the roof and hitting a poor passer-by on the head "Who are you then kid?" he stood in a slightly defensive stance, The merc didn't know exactly what to make of this person, "And what are you doing here?"

Postby numbuhAsharp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:10 pm

"I hope Freeze stops at a ware house or condemned building. My fighting style is not suitable for indoor use" Ryxlie thought to himself. "Hey, who's driving this thing anyway?" he asked out loud."And another thing, where was Batman? you'd think he'd show up before we did. I mean was the Batmobile in the shop?

Postby Keiran » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:15 pm

[Repo]
"You can call me Repo," the younger man hissed softly, "And I am looking for my brother. I have to help him, he is so innocent." Rhys scratched his head and looked at Deathstroke calmly, seeing his defensive stance. The broad man sat on the ground, making it obviously difficult to attack the older man, hoping to set him at ease. He cracked his thick neck then continued to speak, "He's about five an' a half feet, thin as anything, and has black hair with bright green tips. His name is Demitri but he's a hero of sorts, dunno what he's called. Purple suit though." Deathstroke could probably feel the insanity coming from the amber-eyed man but by his stance would be able to tell that he meant him no harm. "Maybe we can help each other?" he said, looking up at the masked villan, "I can help you with stuff that you don't like to do and you could help me find my baby brother!" The young man looked hopeful, obviously he hadn't been having any luck so far.

Postby Timer » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:06 pm

"Nice to meet you repo.." He came and sat next to the new comer, "If you know anything about me you'll know i work on commission.. However i'm not one to turn down the offer of a favour..you help me, i help you.. fair enough deal.." He put his hand out to shake, "As long as you don't try to stab me in the back.. or lead me to one of the authorities.. i'm sure we will be getting on fine.." He smiled through the mask, his lonley eye focused on the man with a look of intrest.

Postby Keiran » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 pm

[Repo]
"No worries, my friend," the man said grinning at the man who now sat next to him and closing one eye, "I ain't to well liked either. Got aquitted, though." He laughed and shook his hand, careful to be very gently; he had broken Thomas' hand bwfore. "If you need me, just call 'kay? I have an extra walkie," he said easily and pulled it off his waistband and held it in his huge hand, then offered it to the other man. "Besides, you don't backstab those you're askin' for help. 'Least I don't, don't seem fair."

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:46 am

“Cyber Punk,” Time Lady nodded, “sounds like a good name.”

Then she grinned, “Oh, and stopping time, that’s just scratching the surface in terms of temporal manipulation and control. There’s so much more...especially if you start perceiving time from more than a linear two-dimensional angle, then it gets really interesting...but I expect you already know that. Only, I’m just a novice, so I can only do so much.” She paused. “But although I can’t show you how to temporal stop by yourself, I could help you experience it. I can manipulate time around other objects and beings as well as myself, give or take a little concentration.”

She was impressed to hear that temporal acceleration and de-acceleration had been achieved. She knew that her race wasn’t by far the only race to achieve forms of time control, but it still came as a surprise to her, all the same.

“’ZIL’?” she repeated, her face drawing a blank. Despite having a young adult mentality, there was only so much knowledge she had been programmed with upon birth. And she had only been alive for three years. There was still much she did not know, and she was not sure whether ‘ZIL’ was a term she was expected to know of, or whether this was a term for something that wasn’t general knowledge, and she did not know how this word could be relevant to temporal manipulation. Of course she did not mention that she was only three years old. They might not take her seriously…or even worse, misunderstand.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Mikael blinked unsteadily and groaned as he leaned up on the stretcher in the ambulance. Owwwwie he moaned as he felt the back of his head and rubbed off some thick black blood. He looked around and saw a guy dozing off and gave him a quick shake to wake him up. Hey Biddy, wise and shine. he shouted as the man snapped to attention, stared at Mikael and went almost as pale as him. "B-b-b-but..." he managed to stutter before Mikael slapped him around the face. yeah, yeah, no life signs, I'm dead, oozing black blood, what knocked me out? "We think a piece of rubble landed on your head." the man said fearfully as he slid away from Mikael. Mikael frowned and winced as he poked the scab again. Damn, what a waste of time. he said to himself as black smoke began to pour from the wound and the wound started to disappear under his hair. He raked his hand through his hair and pulled his hair through the matted clumps of it. Great, bloody great, thanks for trying to help by the way buddy. he grumbled as he got off the stretcher, pushed open the door and jumped out into the air as the shadows spurted out from under him and he flew away like a dark rocket.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Iris » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:25 am

[Brooklyn, New York]

The air was bitter, Sanderson reflected as he walked through the cold, damp streets of Brooklyn. He was still trying to forget his nightmare so he figured he might as well try and walk it off. Though there were some significant changes to the place he felt it was for the best, the diversity in ethic groups would've made his mentor smile, a small step towards the peace Dodds had always fought for.

As he continued through a dimmly lit district he thought back to the first few months after he was cured, his first reaction to the new world came as a shock but he dealt with it accordingly, the grief of losing Dodds was harder as was knowing that many other friends he knew were also gone. But he realized that he couldn't let it take over his life, Sanderson knew he had to continue to fight for what's right. That's what he wanted to do all his life and knowing Dodds he would've supported him all the way.
Even in this 'new world' Sanderson would continue where Dodds left off. He was given a second chance and Sanderson was not going to waste it.

Postby Timer » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:18 pm

Deathstroke took a look at the radio for a second, blinked and then pressed a few buttons on a concealed panel under his right wrist "Keep you radio friend, just programmed mine into the same channel.. mind if i just.." he took the radio and quickly plied it apart, reaching into his back pocket his fused a few wires to a small chip, refitting the box back together he stuck a sticker to the front, Slit orange and black in the design of a Ying-yang, but with a smooth metal "S" through the middle, "I've encrypted this radio for a channel which mine matches... use this radio if you want to contact me.. don't want pesky heroes listening in do we.. "

Postby Keiran » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:34 pm

[Repo]
The tall man grinned, and his eyes showed his obvious glee. "Of course not," he asked calmly, taking of the heavy contration, revealing his clean shaven face, then laying it in his lap. He wasn't worried about this man knowing who he was, they had a deal. A truce, of sorts, and that would only end the the mercenary got a contract against him. Which was highly unlikely, seeing as no one but the police seemed to care what he had done so many years before and not even Thomas knew his main plan, why he wanted to see his baby brother, how he would save him. "We both have jobs to do and the so called 'Heroes' cannot accept our missions... I think this partnership will work out just fine," he told the older man and this malious grin spread across his face, "No 'hero' stands a chance against us. We will complete our missions, whatever yours may be."
He stood and carfully replaced his mask, his voice returning to the soothing hiss, "Like I said call me when ever, my dayjob's flexible enough that I can get off whenever, especially since they own me quite a bit of vacation time."

Postby Mastermind001 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:29 pm

{Cyber Punk}

_Mobile Base_

" I see."
Cyber Punk remarked to the Time Lady as explained her knowledge of time. The Aegis armor, he donned started to release pressure and started to open out. Suddenly robotic arms from the ceiling started to lift Cyber Punk up off the floor. Some of the arms had hands, screw drivers, and other tools as they work on the armor removing piece by piece off of Cyber Punk.

Apparently underneath the Aegis armor, he wore causal clothing. Only the mask, he wore wasn't causal. It was a solid blue mask with a silver lens that stretched across both eyes. The clothing, he wore consisted of a jacket and a pair of jeans and gloves. The shoes were sneakers, solid black with white laces. The jacket was red, the zipper was white, and on the shoulders were gold colored rings with blue colored jeans. Finally, the gloves he had on his hands were solid white.

" Well I'm alright, but I've worked with others, Fort."
Cyber Punk commented on Fort's compliment. " Some old mechanical buddies." Cyber Punk then sat on his a chair. The truck is still driving, going deeper and deeper into the heart of Gotham. " Its automatic, and if Freeze does stop at a warehouse, it must have an impressive cooling system. It has to fit certain conditions." He said as he answered and re-established earlier points.

Cyber Punk then turned to the Time Lady. She appeared to be having trouble, no doubt she was trying to think what ZIL was. "Sorry, its not something known commonly. ZIL is what my Father created and named, its an energy source, I use to possess." He finally explained. " ZIL, however, no longer exists as only my father knew the formula and he can no longer be reached."
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby numbuhAsharp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:24 am

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that" Ryxlie said assuming the worst. Changing the subject, he said "Let's see. We got a technological genius that far surpasses Gear, an audiokinetic, and an alien being that transcends time and space. Sounds like a winning combination to me" he said optimistically. "Speaking of genius, have you tracked down Frostbite Face yet CP?

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:59 pm

The Time Lady nodded, but did not say anything. She could guess what ‘can no longer be reached’ meant. It reminded Jenny of the father she had lost, not all that long ago.

She smiled a bit at Fort’s change of subject. Well full marks to him on optimism.

“But more importantly,” she added to Fort’s question, “What are we going to do once we’ve found him? We can't just waltz in there, we need strategies first.”
Time Lady

Postby numbuhAsharp » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:15 pm

"I myself was planning to create a whole bunch of sound constructs of myself to fight the henchmen while we focused all our firepower on Freeze. My constructs aren't like my illusions they can actually deal damage. And when they're done with the small fry, they can help us take down Frosty. But that dosen't answer the question of how we're going to engage him without getting turned into herosicles. Hold that thought" Ryxlie said pacing the top of the trailer.

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 am

{Cyber Punk}

_Mobile Base_

" Moving on." Cyber Punk said as he changed the subject back to the topic at hand. " Well, your plan is alright, but wasteful. " Cyber Punk mentioned to Fort as he walked over to a table. On the table was a LEGO version of himself and next to that table were a box of buildings. Cyber Punk selected a warehouse to use for his demonstration. He set the Warehouse in front of his LEGO self. Before saying anything or explaining anything, from a machine next to the table, Cyber Punk grabbed LEGO versions of Fort, the Time Lady, and Mister Freeze. He placed the Freeze LEGO man inside the building and the Fort and Time LEGO figures right next to Cyber Punk's.

"Fort, you'll only tried yourself out with that stratagem. What this requires is simplicity." Cyber Punk mentioned as he lowered himself to eye level with his toys. " Freeze has a particular problem. 1) He needs to be somewhere cold to survive and 2) He needs to remain out of sight." He addressed to the two as he started to work on the problem. He picked up his LEGO self in his Aegis Armor and placed him on top of the rooftop. " Let's assume, Freeze likes to have company and they need to keep warm so let's turn off the cooling and reverse the fans to heat up the joint." Cyber Punk said.

" Ideally this will force Freeze to change attire as well as his men, alerting them to danger. We want this, but before we do that we need to sneak in undetected."
Cyber Punk stated as he placed all three of the heroes inside the base with Mister Freeze. " So what are your powers and what can you do with them?" He suddenly questioned the two of them. " Please go into detail. I would like to plan this out fully." He added.
More Robots

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing