DC: The Night before the Dawn RP (IC: The beginning)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: DC: The Night before the Dawn RP (IC: The beginning)

Postby Mastermind001 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 pm

{Cyber Punk}

_Gotham Bank_

Cyber Punk side stepped to the right so Deathstroke's staff would hit the ground. Cyber Punk turned and moved backwards to get out of the staff's range. " You know, the files did mention what you're good at." He mentioned to Deathstroke, his hands powered down, losing their glow. The only reason, he wasn't hit was because as much as he had paid attention to Freeze, one of his drones was watching his back quite literally. " Can't fight him in close range, he'll destroy me. What I need is the environment to take him down." Cyber Punk thought as he pondered his options against this seasoned villain.

Both arms transformed into guns. " Its only a good thing, you don't know me." Cyber Punk remarked as he pointed his gun at Deathstroke. However, instead firing at him, Cyber Punk did the next best thing, shot every where at walls and the floor with bouncy balls as he jumped back down to the first floor. He continued firing even at ground level with high speed balls bouncing in every sort of a direction. 15 balls bounced straight for Deathstroke's body in various directions aiming for the torso, the right side of his left leg, the left side of his right arm, the back of his head and chin. " The files mentioned a lot, however I need first hand knowledge on what I'm dealing with. I doubt this barrage will have any effect, but it will show more about him." He thought as his hands formed again. A mine appeared in each hand.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Timer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:04 pm

In a flashy display of dexterity and speed he hit the ground and began to deflect the balls with his staff, Twirling and spinning it to meet each of them in turn.. all of them being sent their owners way "Your flashy kid.. but not in my league.. " He stood perfectly straight, her very presence seemed to dominate the area around him.. "Your not the only one that does guns.." he sent a volly of deadly energy bolts zipping across the space between them filling the room with scarlet light..

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Jenny, Time Lady - Bank

However, the energy bolts that were sent towards Cyber Punk would have been met with an invisible barrier, the air surrounding it appearing to ripple before disappearing completely. The strange force field had been a time barrier set up by Jenny, who (having stopped time, walked into the bank and then resumed it) suddenly appeared from nowhere.

“Hello boys,” she grinned. She seemed to have a presence about her which was alight with boundless childlike energy. Although it was clear to see she was no child. “Time Lady, at your service. I'm guessing you could use a little help here.” This last part was addressed to Cyber Punk and Fortisemo, although she kept a watchful eye on Deathstroke, taking a good measure of him while she spoke.
Last edited by Doctress Who on Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 pm

zzz...zzz....zzzgruh, huh? Mikael jerked out of his doze as another explosion went off inside the building, he glanced at his watch and looked back at the bank. suppose I'ld better join in, rough up the baddy a bit. he muttered as he got up unsteadily, nearly fell over, caught himself and slouched upright. He yawned as he opened up the right side of his coat with his right hand and plunged his left hand into the moving darkness inbetween the coat and his sheet. He pulled out an old-fashioned hand-held steel mirror and looked at his face, yawning again, yellow bloodshot eyes looked back at him, he mumbled again well, at least I'm still drunk...but I cant go into battle like this, gotta have style. he said as he plunged the mirror back into the darkness and pulled out a pair of sunglasses and slipped them on. That should do for now anyway, now to go kisk some bad guy butt. he ran over to the steps up to the bank and bounded up them four at a time and then stopped in mid-air, the shadows beneath him keeping him up in the air in comical fashion. Who's the baddy again? he thought as he frowned slightly and bit his lip. He shrugged and thought to himself as he began to run/glide up the steps. I'll probably find out when I'm up there, I have pretty good intuition.

Mikael glided over to the big giant doors to the bank and looked up at them, impressed by their design and intimidation. He grinned slightly as the shadows under his cloak ran out from under him and up around the door until the doors were surrounded by a thick black line. He concentrated slightly and a loud crack was heard and some smoke and mortor fell from around the door as he broke the hinges and connections to the wall. Always wanted to do this. he muttered as he put a hand on each of the doors and pushed slightly. With a slow majesty the doors fell backwards and hit the ground with a loud thud spraying up dust and loose fragments as they hit the ground, hard. Mikael stepped onto the thick doors and strode slowly inside with his arms spread wide, the shadows and his coat billowing and flailing out behind him and with a huge innocent smile showing his white fanged teeth as he looked at the heroes and villians through the dark shades and a few loose red hairs. S'up Bitches?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Timer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:39 pm

"seems like were getting quite the attention frosty my pal.." he chuckled, spinning his staff on to his shoulders, already his mind was working, planning.. however this new figure threw it out a bit.. his unknown capabilities made it hard for even a tactical genius to plan for it "Well.. how about you lot stay here.. maybe i can polish you off before my friend here is done retrieving what he needs to.." He lay in wait, a ready stance, the staff across both his shoulders with his other hand out stretched in front of him.. ready for just about anything..

Postby Keiran » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 pm

[REPO]
Rhys looked around, standing slouched on a low roof, his mask causing his mild pants to come out as menacing hisses. He looked out over Gotham, his hair sweeping into his eyes. "Where are you baby brother?" he murmured mournfully, "I'll make it all better I promise, no more pain, I'll save you." He left from the roof and clawed his fingers into the wall of a gothic chruch, dragging his heavy body up it. "Must save him, " he hissed softly, "Save him from them."

[DreamMare]
"I'm home," a tenor voice rang through the apartment and Demitri's only reply was the clicking of computer keys. He chuckled and took off his jacket and laid it over the chair that was propped precariously against the wall on two legs, it shivered but held. "Goliath, you work too much!" he called to the programer and then he heard the older man's reply, "You work more than I do, Dem."
Demitri merely laughed and grabbed some of the dinner rolls that Goliath had made for them and walked to his bedroom. Time to get dressed for my time out, Demitri thought eating the rolls. Crime doesn't sleep.
Last edited by Keiran on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 am

Time Lady glanced at the new arrival that had entered after her. She wasn’t quite sure what to make of him. Friend or Foe? Either way, her intelligent three-year old Gallifreyan mind had been thinking, analysing the situation. She could almost physically see Deathstroke starting to draw up strategies. Unlike Cyber Punk she had not looked at any files, nor did she know very much about him prior to this encounter, but already she had gathered quite a bit of information just by oberservation and intuition. The odds were stacked against them, however together they might stand a slight chance against him. But there was also Mr Freeze to add to her calculations. Even if they could fight off Deathstroke, could they do it before Freeze had got what he wanted, or could they fight them both simultaneously? This was something she much doubted.

However she also knew that she could do something even Deathstroke wouldn’t have been able put in to his calculations, and certainly not Mr Freeze. That was the advantage of being completely unknown. You had the element of surprise. And none of them knew that she had one of the best cheat-code gadgets of the universe hidden in her pocket. And of course added to that, she had time on her side, quite literally.

So the real question she had to ask herself was, could these guys handle Deathstroke on their own while she made things as difficult for Freeze as possible? And would it work?
This is one hell of a risk…and it may amount to nothing, but….if I’m successful, then I’ll have put a real spanner in the works. And I can’t just do nothing about Freeze when I know potentially I can upset his plan in a way no one would expect…not unless they know me of course, which they don’t, So… Jenny had made her decision, all in just a few brief seconds.

The Time Lady smiled, and then giving a quick subtle wink to Cyber Punk, who was the nearest to her, she vanished.

Of course, she hadn’t actually vanished. She had stopped time, and was now in pursuit of Mr Freeze and the vaults. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her pen that she had been writing with earlier. Clicking a small switch on its side, the device extended, revealing it to be a lot more than just a pen, but an advanced alien device. Time still frozen around her, she made her way calmly to the vault Mr Freeze was headed for. She could do this. She just needed to not panic and trust herself. She would have to be quick. Aiming her sonic device at the entrance to the vault, she switched it the required setting, and took a deep breath. Then she let Time unfreeze, and with a glow of light and a loud obscure ‘buzzzzt’, Jenny sealed the vault’s locks, melting and re-shaping the internal mechanisms and making it impossible to open. Quick as lightening she then proceed to work her way along the whole entrance, sealing it off in the same manner so that there was no leverage, no weak points. She searched her surroundings for any further flaws or means of opening the vault, making sure everything was sealed off, sonic-locked and secure. Maybe he would find a way around it, but even if he did, she had certainly bought them some time. The question was, how much? She just hoped this risk would pay off…and that the other heroes were doing ok without her.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:30 am

Freeze Quaked a little at the clap and fell to his knees, but he was soon back on his feet and marching un-stopped and unhindered towards the vault where his prize lay. Freeze knew he would be followed and try to be stopped but he was preparing something for such an event. "Pitiful little rookies, even Robin is more a match than these sorry excuses for heroes." Freeze pulled on a mechanical glove onto his hand, this glove had a small round hole at the palm.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

Fortisemo had used his sound powers to mute all his actions. silently chuckling to himself "He'll never see this coming. That Time Lady gave me the opertunity I need". He made the rock and roll gesture, laced the fingers with sound and thrust them into Deathstroke's neck planning to strike some nerves and knock him uncounsious.
Last edited by numbuhAsharp on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Timer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 am

Fortsemo was all too sure that his attack would hit.. but only inches away the orange and black clad bad man ducked.. before he could react further Deathstroke grabbed his wrist and with the strength of ten men flipped him like a ragdoll over his head, smashing him into the ground before flinging him back towards Cyberpunk "Tricks like that dont work on me kid.." He fired off a few more bolts at cyberpunk.. thinking that he should get involved more..

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 am

Fortisemo blasted sound from his feet toward the floor halting his unprecedented flight prematurely. "OWIE!" he exclaimed in a "manly" voice. "Good thing I didn't take down that sound armor otherwise I would've been mush" he placed another sound wall infront of CP after he saw Deathstroke point his weapon at him. "I guess that answers your earlier question eh CP?" he used his sound illusion powers to make the area around Deathstroke completely black. He then showed a bright light in front of him with a familiar looking person in it. "I see a little silhouetto of a man"
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I'm the weirdo who sits next to you on the bus. I AM -SPLASH- ssoaked.

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:46 am

Freeze places the glove against the vault door, within seconds the whole thing had turned to ice. It was not covered in ice, it was ice and with one swift punch Freeze had shattered the entire thing. "HA HA HA! My new piece of equipment works a treat, I may have to use this more often!" Freeze exclaimed, he walked into the vaults chamber, he was surrounded by jewels and gold. He pulled from a pouch on his belt a sack, he began to gather up any diamonds who could find.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 pm

Time Lady frowned, seeing that her plan hadn’t held Mr Freeze up at all.
“Ok, that didn’t work, Plan B…” She knew what plan B was. To fight, obviously. But how to fight him without getting iced?

The air started to ripple around her. She glanced down at her Temporal Manipulator, confused. “What…I didn’t…? Oh. Oh yeah.” She grinned, as she and the manipulator shared the same idea. “You know, that might just work.” She focused her energy. She was creating a time barrier, but not just any time barrier. This one she moulded closely to her body, manipulating it so that it stayed perfectly fitted to her with every movement she made. The perfect armour if ever there was such a thing. To get to her, a person, object or entity would have to fight their way through a layer where time had stopped. And without being able to manipulate time, or by moving faster than time itself (basically time travel) that was impossible. As soon as something came into contact with the barrier, it would just not be able to move any further. And since the barrier moved seamlessly with her, cloaking her completely without freezing time on herself, that meant she could fight without being harmed.

“So, he can turn a heavily secured vault door into ice and break it, hmm?” She smiled to herself. “Let’s see if he has any luck ‘freezing’ time itself when it’s already frozen. I think that might be just a little bit beyond his reach, even with that fancy glove of his.”

And slowing time down whilst inside her invisible Time-locked armour, she sped into the vaults chamber, and while his back was turned, sent a flying super-speed kick to the back of his head. “Time beats Ice anyday,” she spoke determindly.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Freeze literally stepped to the side and watched Time Lady go flying past. "I've learnt to expect sneak attacks, as that was Batsy's style also learnt to predict heat signatures" Freeze then aimed the glove at Time Lady. "This doesn't just freeze stuff on contact you know." Freeze then began to form a casing of ice around Time lady from the glove.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby numbuhAsharp » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm

The Fortisemo Deathstroke saw was an illusion and so would all the others he would see in a minute. The real Fortisemo was multitasking by keeping up the illusion with the other Fortisemos firing soundwaves from their mouths when they sang and rushing to get CP for backup. "I don't have a snowball's chance in Hell of beating that guy myself. I'm gonna need some assisstance".

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Time Lady - Bank vault

Quickly and calmly she held her Sonic pen and aimed it at the ice. The ice began to crack and splinter before giving way with a flick of her finger and shattering.

“Nice try,” Time Lady said, “But you’re going to have to come up with something better than that. You’re not the only one with highly advanced technology here.”

So saying she aimed her sonic device at the glove, with the purpose of destroying it, or at least disrupting it enough to stop it from working.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:49 pm

Freeze began to create a super thick wall of Ice in front of the vault door, hopefully trapping her in there until he'd made his getaway, he knew that her fellow heroes would break her out but Freeze got what he needed so now he needed to get the hell out.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Timer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Deathstroke simply stood waiting, He backed towards the open vault door.. protecting it so that no one else could get inside to fight freeze "You gonna have to play like a big boy if your gonna take me.. Illusions won't get you anywhere.." they all could see him close his eye, take in a long breath and then sink into another ready defensive stance, this time he just used his open fists.. standing like a kung fu master poised to strike..

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:02 pm

Freeze looked to his fellow villain. "Time I think we got out of here" Freeze then began to make his way back to the bank entrance.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Time Lady

“Oh you..." she swore under her breath as he got away. She stared at the wall of ice, arms folded. Now how the hell do I get out of here?
Time Lady

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:25 pm

{Cyber Punk}

All this time, Cyber Punk had been thinking. Freeze and Deathstroke had them outmatched and all they were doing was destroying the bank than stopping them. Deathstroke was a master tactician, but not perfect nor did he see the future and Freeze, was a smart crook with a serious temperature problem. Cyber Punk stood near the entrance as the two villains. " Stand down, Fortisemo!" Cyber Punk barked " You're wasting energy, their just too strong."

"Let them past, we should help out the time lady."
He ordered " We can not win like this, we're only doing more damage."
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Timer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Deathstroke came down from his stance and began walking to the door with freeze, Looking directly at Cyberpunk even thought his vision was obscured by the illusion "You could make a good sidekick if you put in the work.. call me if you wanna learn a thing or two" He took out something, a small business card which matched his colours and tossed it o the ground at the heroes feet. He began to laugh as he walked out the doors, avoiding the rubble and doors my memory until the illusion wore off.

Postby Archrival » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Freeze walked out the door with Deathstroke. "I thank you for the assistance, here's something for your trouble." Freeze handed him some jewels that he'd grabbed in the vault. He then pressed a button on his wrist, a vehicle soon pulled up. It was a big truck that had the trailer modified into a huge freezer, Freeze clambered into the back. He opened up a hatch in his chest and began to pour the diamonds he had collected into it. "Ah these should last my suit for another decade." He began to laugh at the attempt the heroes had made against him. The truck set off as fast as it could for Freeze's hideout.
Last edited by Archrival on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:57 pm

{Cyber Punk}

_Bank to Mobile Base_

When the villains had their laugh and left the bank, Cyber Punk strolled over to the thick wall of ice. Both villain had plenty of time to escape. His right and left hand started to glow with a intense light. He freed the first victim to Freeze's insane cryogenics and then worked on the time lady's imprisonment. " Yeah, guys, the way things we're going. I don't think we would have won." Cyber Punk said as he started to talk. " Time Lady, if anything, the best opponent for you was Slade or Deathstroke as he likes to be called as well as Fort. " He mentioned as he worked on melting the ice on the vault. " However, Fort, your tactics would have been your downfall if we continued. You have great energy, but you're stamina isn't indefinite." He didn't say anything to the man that recently entered the bank and said" Sup Bitches" . If anything Cyber Punk assumed it was a drunk local who accidentally wandered in. The man had reeked of alcohol, after all so that assumption wasn't entirely off.

" That's something Slade was waiting for to kill you." Cyber Punk explained " Now if you and Time Lady actually work together to fight Slade, the odds of victory were 67%." The vault was opened now for Time Lady to escape. Now a silver truck passed by the bank's entrance. " By the way, I'm tracking Freeze as we speak, but let's form some plans and counterattacks for Slade, before we engage again, shall we?" He said as he walked over to the silver truck. "That reminds me, its nice to actually see that someone had actually achieved "Temporal Stop", Time Lady. I would like to discuss how you achieve such results. " He added as he exit the bank. " We can discuss it later, but I would like to know."

In front of Cyber Punk was the trailer of the silver truck, which opened and formed a set of stairs. He climbed on board and waited for a moment if the others would follow suit. Inside, if Time Lady and Fort had entered Punk's lair, they notice computers with pictures of Deathstroke and Freeze's equipment, his armor, his glove, and his ray-guns. Cyber Punk sat down in one of the chairs as the tires were slowly moving.
More Robots

Postby Timer » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Deathstroke took his gems, looking at them with a pleased eye "Nice doing business with you frosty.. ever need a hand again, don't be a stranger.." He pinned a buiness card to the inside of his trucks door "i'm gonna go get me some food.." His smile showed through his mask, he was genuinely enjoying himself as he scrambled up the nearest building and began bounding from roof top to roof top..
CP's tracker would follow him to a nearby takeout, and then to the top of a nearby building here he sat eating his spoils.. even super villains have to eat sometimes..

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing