Heroic Tales- The Epilogue IC- Chapter2 Creature Ireland

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Heroic Tales- The Epilogue IC- Chapter2 Creature Ireland

Postby Alcas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Once his spell was caught, Garrath tried multiple times to release the spell and allow it to detonate, but Victoria would not allow him to activate the mana in the fireball. He looked at the dark mage, his face rising from the impassiveness of battle to a more shrewd look as he eyed the enemy magic-user carefully. He ignored her opening remark, but when she spoke of "him", he felt a strange sensation crawl through his spine and he too looked to the north, listening for a voice he could only just remember.

He loosened his own dagger in it's scabbard, but knew he wouldn't need it. If it came to close-combat he wouldn't stand a chance. Regardless of their skill with blades, his admittedly lacking, she would only need to get lucky once and he would be dead. Garrath had already placed enchantments to protect himself from physical harm, but he doubted that such a powerful spell-caster would over look such a thing. He could waste time and mana forming enchantments to counteract her own, but without knowing exactly what she had done, he would only be stabbing in the dark.

He looked into her eyes as she questioned him. "Yeah, I know who you are, Victoria. There is a lot I could learn from you." He said earnestly, his eyes glinting, both revolted and excited by the possibilities that Victoria's tutelage could bring. Voicing it aloud however brought the realization that he didn't want her power, nor did he want the power of her dark master. "That being said." He began falling into a combat stance, his staff held vertically in front of him, the other hand forming a focus sign. "We are not going to stand aside and let your master destroy this world!" With a deft motion his staff rotated over his shoulder and the focal gem flared as it pointed at Victoria. This was a feint however as he quickly drove the staff further down and into the ground as mana rushed into the forest floor causing tendrils of earth and root to rise out of the ground and pursue Victoria aiming to either bind her or impale her.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

[Severus’ Head]
“heheh, good boy, grovel on the floor, its where you deserve to be” The voice of the dark one echoed from the thunderous skys above him. The mighty axe swung downwards just as Severus moved at the very last second rolling between the beasts legs, the sharp blade cut deep into the earth with so much ease, like her was stabbing butter. The beast bellowed angrily, pulling the blade from the ground. “Run... Run for your life Severus....” there was a cackle of laughter, as he scrambled to his feet and ran.

Chest heaving with the effort, Severus ran, fast as his legs would take him, headless of anything that lay ahead, he took twists and turns, no longer paying attention to where he was going, just the knowledge that the Minotaur would catch him on the straight, while the heavy beast would be much slower than himself going around corners.

Severus was well and truly lost now, as he swung around another corner he found three doors lined up in a dead end. Four choices.... first door, second door, third door, or go back and try a different way before the Minotaur catches up.

[Iris] ( lol I love Gor’fek)
Bloodbrand tried to stay atop the ogre, but although a big man himself, he was nothing compared to the bulk of Gor’fek. His mismatched eyes went wide as he realised what Gor’fek was going to do. “Mistress will be angry if you break me...” the ogre took no head, he would please the great maw, mouth open, Bloodbrand swore loudly, and of his own accord shoved his flesh arm into the Ogre’s maw. There was a sickening crunch as it was bitten off at the elbow. The man beneath him barely flinched, “better just an arm eh? I like my head attached to my shoulders.”

The arm tasted bitter, old, like it had been dead for a very long time, the skin and bone quickly falling to ash in Gor’feks mouth, making his mouth dry and taste bad.
(if this distracts Gor’fek, Bloodbrand will punch him again with his good arm)

[Scias] (Ah... I got a really crap role...)
Underestimating the Palidin, Ty’rin’s wrist jarred back, the mace clattering to the ground a few feet away with a dull thud, the woman took a step back too late as Scias’ fist thwacked her armour where her ribs were, the power of his punch denting the smooth black metal. She glared angrily at him, rage filling her eyes. Scias’ other hand had blocked her incoming blow.

“You bastard, hope you get ripped apart by the devil’s hounds.” Even through the armour it had winded her, but instead of pulling her fist back for another blow, she grabbed his wrist, her fists still wrapped with black smoke like energy started to creep along his armour, creeping underneath, where ever it touched his skin it burned.

”GAH!!! You’ve got yourself in trouble again boy!!!!”

[Alacas]
The first vine wrapped around her wrist, she pulled on it, but it wouldn’t let go, her black eyes glared at Garath, and she laughed softly, “cute...” as two move and wrapped around her ankles, and a forth one tried to grab her other fist, her soft touch making it wither and die, “It’s a shame you’ll have to die eventually, you’d make a fantastic apprentice.” The clouds shifted in her eyes, and she lay her palm flat towards him, his staff growing hotter and hotter in his hands.

Location: Unspecified location, plotting... Always Plotting...

Postby Keiran » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Severus glanced behind him then looked back at the doors. "No use not going through a door, at least he'll have to find a way to fit through them," the thin boy murmured, purposefully ignoring the dark bruises that were rapidly forming on his chest and the groan from his cracked ribs. He looked at the door and pointed his finger at the middle one and quickly whispered, "This is fair as fair can be, you're the one it has to be." He pointed to a different door at each word and ended up pointing at the third door. He moved as swiftly as he could and slipped through the third door, closing it behind him. Severus moved quickly away, not wanting to be hit by a flying door in case the minotaur decided to kick it in. "Who knows?" he murmured, "It might have a good enough sense of smell to be able to tell which door I went through. Hope not." He looked down at his hands and was incredibly surprised to see the knife still clutched in his right hand. "Hm, seems my Father was good for something. I never let my weapon go unless I throw it or sheath it."

Postby Iris » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:40 pm

[Distraction partially failed]

As the ogre bit into Blood-Brand's arm the horrible, dry and ancient taste filled Gor'fek's mind and that of the Great Maw. This unfortunately for Blood Brand set off a very understandable chain reaction within Gor'fek's body, all the while Blood Brand prepared to beat down the distracted ogre.
Both Gor'fek and the Great Maw rejected what had just been swallowed, muscles twisted around the ogre's stomach trying to expell the source of the terrible taste.

Blood Brand was about to swing at the ogre's head when everything went south, for everyone, as every bit of food Gor'fek had eaten in the last two days came gushing out of his mouth.

[Congratulations Blood Brand! You've just been Boomered vomited on by an ogre.... enjoy the experiance. Do a quick roll to see if his blow still connects or has a very understandable reaction...]

Postby Caim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:39 pm

While the rest of the group fought their counterparts, Ethan stepped back and did his best to stealthily flank Guther. There wasn't any cover to hide behind. Hopefully the chaos of the battle and Guther's focus on Nefireoues would compensate. The assassin gritted his teeth as the dirt-bag all but molested her. Right when he thought he couldn't possibly want to eviscerate Guther anymore, the pirate found some new low to stoop too. Damned pirates really were the scum of the earth in every sense of the word.

(Dex: 22, Magic: 13 + strength 15= ??)

Blue fire ran up the arrow's shaft to its tip as Ethan quickly aimed it at Guther's throat, crouched on one of the many large rocks embedded on the hill behind the raging battle. 'Down you go, you rat bastard...' Ethan's eyes narrowed dangerously as he released the bowstring. The projectile sailed through the air as Ethan reached for a second arrow, preparing it exactly like the first and aiming it at the bear of a man. Guther's throat would be blown to bloody chunks, and another shaft would be embedded in him before he even realized what was happening, if everything went according to plan.

(Spell effect: 2 fire-explosive arrows. Being embedded causes the detonation, for the sake of maximum effectiveness.)

Postby Timer » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm

[NPS – P(“Battle Ready”, “Prime”), S(“Dark Prime”)] (luck rolls done already)
’bout fuckin’ time..’ her dream like state of calm broke like a dam into a pure torrent of violence…It one clean and swift action she rolled behind his falling form, drawing her long dagger from her back… The knife cut cleanly through his ankle and with one swift tug she disconnected and shredded his Achilles tendon.. carrying on her swipe she put some of her intelligence to use bringing the knife cleanly through his ruined ankle and up, Severing both of the tibial veins of his right leg. She stopped for a second as he came clattering to the ground.. “Sorry.. I’m already taken..” and bringing all her strength down on his groin in a massive crumb stomp.. bending the not so apparent groin armour he was wearing back into his pelvis.. Her eyes now turned to the Dark paladin... Reaching into her pocket she primed the pistol.. getting ready to fire as she ran at the figure with her knife wielded in her left hand.

Postby Alcas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 pm

"Tch!" a startled sound escaped from between his lips. He took time to focus his mana on the staff once more before tossing it to the side. Damn it, she's just toying with me. He looked at the blood mage warily, his mind racing. An idea came to him suddenly, her nonchalant attitude to him might actually give him the advantage. He pointed his palm to the ground. The dirt shifted and dried into a fine powder under his spell. He simultaneously generated a gust of wind to fling the dirt toward Victoria and also drew a small bag from his belt and threw it's contents into the ensuing cloud. The mana charged particles from the spent emerald spread into the dust cloud imperceptibly as it rushed toward Victoria. He snapped his fingers and the particles ignited at once into emerald flame. Each particle of the emerald was allowing him to channel his mana through the air between them and create one massive fire spell.

Postby TsunaXionus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm

[Scias]

Scias growled at the pain. It felt like he was being sent to the underworld. He heard the old man speak of that trouble again, "Ive been wondering when I'd hear you again". He gain a flash of memory and it was of the day he picked up the cursed stone and began hearing this old voice. resisting the pain he said "Hey, Old man... after I picked up the wretched stone was I still human". He clench his fist so tight it started to bleed, blood poured out his armor and he opened his hand. He smiled "well, I guess it doesnt matter now".

He gave a charming smile as the blood almost reached his elbow. He clenched his fist again and said "Savior of Light, Savior of Life to you I offer my blood, may you deliver me from evil". His blood glew and seemed that it had spread in a sort of rune shaped way. And his arm was enveloped in flame. He smiled. "And to you, Honored opponent, may you too be Saved" He whispered to the dark paladin.

He looked towards Nef a smiled. He shook his head telling as if her not to shoot.

(If she lets go Scias will decide to take it seriously and draw his sword, It will be glowing and will also be enveloped in flames when he unsheathes it)

The Flame Bursted from his arm Violently then Hardened to form a new armor on his arm. The runes started to cover his armor. Scias laughed "I have no Idea what the lord has given to me but, I accept my noble duty lord".
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:19 am

[Guther]
Guther barely had time to howl in pain, it was over in seconds, between the pair Ethan and Neferious had taken down the werebear for the moment. With chunks exploded from his torso, cuts in his tendons, and a rather brutal attack on his groin... again. The bestial man couldn’t stand despite his efforts. He managed to role onto his stomach, one hand going to his groin, the other clawing the earth, long black nails growing longer. “Fucking... whore...” He tried again to get up, bellowing as he strained his way to his knees and then fell to his stomach again, his regeneration would kick in, but that didn’t stop it being the single most painful experience the beast had felt.

He turned his head far enough to see Ethan, “You better run.... because when I get up... I’m going to fucking kill you...”

[Iris]
Bloodbrand quickly abandoned his attack in favour of protecting his face as the ogre regurgitated two days worth of food all over him. Once he removed his arm it was obvious that it had done little to protect him, the every visible part of the construct was covered. Gor’fek watched him frown, “Great, now I’m going to need to bathe...” His nose wrinkled up in disgust, pulling back his metal fist again, “Before mistress will let me in the crypt” another blow flew towards Gor’feks pretty face :P

[TX]
Ty’rin stepped backwards, skidding along the dirt, “Keep your well wishes to yourselves fool. The light will not save you, it will only blind you.... ” Smoke still rose from her fist, it had nearly enveloped her arm, and was making its way down her chest. She drew her sword, and Scias mimicked her. A long blade coated in fire, a white hot glow coming from the blade itself, the black paladin glared at him, and down to own blade, there was no magic there, it was just a sword. Her fist tightened slightly.

[Alacas](I’m really really sorry.... I got a 100 on my dice role to counter your spell, that’s shockingly bad for you..... and then a 90 + bad luck to get Amber...)
Partially blinded Victoria’s hands flew up to protect her face, she waited seconds, knowing it was only a distraction, before sending what would appeared as a huge wind blast back towards Garath, the dirt that had been stirred up and the small Emerald dust that had started to merge with it flew back towards him....

Just as he snapped his fingers....

The fire storm was magnificent, leaping high into the air a tornado of emerald green flames, just as Amber crested the hill behind Garath. The magical fire burnt bright and hot, the two mages heard themselves screaming until their throats were raw. It burnt dangerously close the Erederis, he could feel the heat of it, for just a moment everyone stopped and looked at the carnage that they had created.

When the fire died, all that was left was scrub land bushes in dying embers. Vicoria was walking over, their robes almost completly burnt away long magical wounds covered their bodies. They would leave scars. She looked down at him and smirked, “I guess you still have much too learn...” Leaning down she relinquished the mage of his pouch of mana stones, and stood back up again. “Wrap it up lads, Gibbs should be done at the well by now...”

Casually she made her way over to Guther, five of the clear healing crystals crushed to dust in her hands.

Postby TsunaXionus » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 am

[Scias]

Scias standing a blaze with his sword out. He was smiling as he said "Truly those who have been in darkness too long cannot look toward the light for they fear what they may see". He held tight his sword tight and its blaze grew stronger. It had a remarkable glow, "Now, Even the darkest of hearts will be swept away and purified by the flame of the lord". He smiled "I am the one who goes to the darkest ends of the earth to bring light of the Lord".

He gained a serious face as he took a step forward. He raised his sword and held it with two hands. He swung it towards the ground and a blaze of fire coning toward the dark paladin. The flame spread all toward the ground, surely the battlefield would be scorched. His eyes seemed odd in a way as if he was in a trance. His eyes returned to normal and the flames faded and the ground was hot and the soil slightly burned but the life on the ground was unscaved. "Now, Accept the light and ask for forgiveness and all will be forgiven" he said pointing his sword toward the dark paladin.

(hoping this hits, but never know. its a simple anti-dark spell)

Postby Wins2 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:31 am

Erederis dodged Shift’s attack, by rolling out of the way. The druid may have not been a normal bear, but Erederis was not a normal human. Erederis pulled out his sword ready to counterattack. Then fire burned dangerously close to him, he looked over to see the scorched earth caused by some powerful spell. Erederis had no time to be distracted, as he was still in his own intense battle.

(Advantage: Bear)

His muscles began to stretch, his teeth became bear-like, and he was slightly bigger. Erederis took the moment of awe as a chance to make his move. With power of the bear he had lost some speed, but he had gained some strength. And what he had that Shift did not was weapons. He charged, jumping into the air raised his sword above his head, and brought it down on his neck hoping to kill him.

Postby Timer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:15 am

[NPS - no change]
Nef saw what was about to unfold, and after the fire storm cleared she saw the culprit change of plans.. She span in a big arc, running blindingly fast up behind the mage "No way i'm letting you get him back up bitch" she said at the last second.. she knew how devious these mages were, so she kept her pistol aimed at the womans heart..She jumped and twirled through the air performing a magnificent twin turning kick.. bringing both her legs slaming towards her torso, at the moment of impact she changed her aim, firing the pistol to break her elbow of the arm which was carrying the healing dust, if she hadn't already dropped it because of the force of her blows.. "ETHAN.. FINISH HIM THE FUCK OFF AND GET TO THE WELL, NOW!"

Postby Alcas » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 am

Garrath didn't have time to move or to shout out a warning to anyone who was behind him. He simply turned his side into the blast and threw up the first shielding spell he could think of. The spell didn't have time to fully activate as the fire spell ignited and he felt the searing flames leap across his body hungrily devouring his clothing and flesh. He landed and rolled coming to a stop face down. He felt Victoria hands roughly roll him over and steal his focusing gems before walking away again. He looked with clouded vision at the dark mage.

Something suddenly leapt to his mind. You couldn't overpower her but you can still outsmart her. He reached his magic out for his staff. He was glad he had left a mana store in it before he threw it away. He funneled the store of mana into an ice spell, turning the entire staff into one long spear. "It doesn't matter what you do to me. I just won't stay down!" He said spitting out blood. The staff rose off the ground and flew through the air, but it hurled past Victoria and Nefireous. He was aiming for the druid. If he could take him out, Erederis could move to help Nef.

(whether or not the spell connects)

It was then that he saw Amber lying near him smoke still rising from her. How did she get caught in the blast!? He dragged himself over to her and laid a hand on her arm. "You have to get up. I'm finished."

With a large amount of his still considerable mana pool he cast a huge healing spell on Amber trying to heal her as much as possible. The spell was powerful enough that he could see the mana flash across her body healing wounds. Once the mana left his body, Garrath used a small amount to stabilize himself and then closed his eyes. "You guys are going to have to drag me off the battlefield again. Maybe I should just stick to healing and out of the fights, eh?" His lips formed a smile even through the pain before he fell into unconsciousness.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:01 am

[Timer]
Victoria thudded to the ground, the shot had missed, only grazing her upper arm, a slender but painful cut, but the desired effect was achieved, the bag of gems falling to the floor. Black eyes flickered up and assessed Neferious... and then she smiled.. The bitch smiled... “I do believe we were leaving...” She remarked, holding her hand out towards Guther...A black tear in the earth opened beneath him, a teleportation gate, an unstable form of movement, banned by the Alexandrian Mages because of the likeliness of getting stuck in a wall. The bear of a man fell through with a grunt of pain... The gate closed behind him.

[Wins]
The bear was struggling with Erederis, as the hunter brought down his blade Shift stuck a massive paw in the way, he stood to his full height, ready to tear into the hunter, his lips pulled back into a snarl. When Garath’s staff struck the beast in the side, he was knocked over. His form shifting into that of a kitten. “HISSSSS,” with blood pouring from the wound the Cat started to back away.

[Victoria]
The mages stood up, holding up a threatening hand towards Neferious, “Shift, Ty’rin, Bloodbrand. We’re leaving. NOW” her voice was like venom, another rip in reality opening between them. Casually she walked through, “Maybe you’ll win next time...”

[TX]

Ty’rin darted to the side, but not fast enough, the hiss of burning could be heard as the magic connected with metal and flesh. The Paladin glared back at him, “You Bastard! I’ll-” she was interrupted as Victoria called for them to leave. Scias could see the woman torn between following orders and staying for the battle. He could see her counting and judging, and the realisation that if she didn’t go she would be left outnumbered. “Next time... we’ll dance... I’m going to rip your heart out of that tin can, and make you watch as it stops beating.” Scais watched as the woman backed into the void portal, complaining that her companions were useless. The wounded cat that was shift ran in after her.

Bloodbrand stared up at the Ogre he had just hit, and wriggled free, running for the portal, his footsteps squelching. There was silence for a long moment, and the portal started to shrink, when a strange creature came flying down from the mountain where presumably the well was. He was nealy skeletal, with a scaly green skin stretched over his bones. Bat like ears a short snout, and a long tail. He looked like he had been pieced together by using more than one creature, and smelled rancid. “Wait wait wait!!! Don’t leave poor Gibbs behind, Mistress... MISTRESS!” just as the portal was about to close the bizarre creature jumped through.

The team was left there alone.... The mission failed?

Postby Iris » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm

The ogre hardly took notice as his enemy ran for the hills (or in this case portal), he had taken a second blow to the head and still couldn't get the horrid taste out of his mouth. The right side of his face would likely start to swell within the next couple hours, not too mention having lost two or three teeth in the scuffle.

Most beings would be writhing in pain, clutching their injured face or be putting a brave face and ask how everyone else had faired. No instead Gor'fek was more focused on desperately cleansing his tongue, going as far as to stick it out and scrape it with his stubby fingers.
Not only had Blood Brand been rejected as food by an ogre... but also said ogre's god.

Eventually Gor'fek moved to a nice patch of grass and began ripping handfuls out, stuffing it in his mouth.

Postby TsunaXionus » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:40 pm

[Scias]

Scias had simply watched the enemy escape. He chuckled and whispered quietly "I'll bring you the light someday". Flame rose from his fist and enveloped his entire body. After a few seconds the flames died down and he was back to normal. Suddenly he seemed to be in great pain. "Damn it" He fell to the ground. He was out of energy and out of mana. He still felt the pain from the corruption of the dark paladin. It seemed partial of it was still on his arm and it was infecting him. He fell into unconsciousness. Without any mana or energy His body could no longer stop the corruption and it was slowly spreading.

(UD, I thought it might be fun to still be damaged by when Ty'rin grabbed his arm.)

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:05 am

[Severus' head]
Severus held his breath stepping back from the door, he could hear the Minotaur on the other side, his breath huffing, hoofs clipping the hard earth. It took some time but eventually the angry grunts faded away. Everything was silent, he could see he was in some sort of building, an inn maybe...

“Hello Sevvie...” The voice was innocent, familiar... He swung around and found Cinthe stood there, exactly as he remembered her, she was wearing a long white tunic cinched at the waist with a brown belt, the scene unfolded around them, wenches bustling with mugs of ale, and food. “Come on, don’t just stand there, the inn keep will put us up for the night.. we just got to wash the dishes before bed, he said he’d feed us too.”

Severus recognised this inn, it was the Drunken Archer Tavern. They had been here before, when they were younger. The barkeep John, and his daughter Fiona had put them up for next to nothing, just because they needed somewhere to stay out of the rain.

Postby Wins2 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:46 pm

After sheathing his sword, Erederis looked around to see how everyone was. The scene was pretty bad, and the party wasn’t looking any better. The well was of major concern, the other team had left, most likely they had accomplished their mission, and they needed to see what happened to the well. “Alright I’m going to the well everyone else try to tend to the wounded,” he said as he ran off hoping to see what Victoria and her comrades had done to the well. As he ran off he began to think about the consequences of what had happened to the well. The creatures of the island hadn’t been quite welcoming since the last incident and they definitely wouldn’t be then.

Postby Keiran » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:31 pm

Severus stared, his body shaking from pain and from grief, unable to stop the tears from rolling own his face. Cinthe, his beautiful Cinthe. She is dead, he thought, walking towards her, I watched her die. But this is my own head, right? So I should enjoy the time with her, despite the fact she is merely my memories. He reached her limping heavily and looked up at her, giving her a watery smile, gently caressing the black leather choker around his neck and watching the matching one on hers. "Of course, Cinthe, we'll definitely help. My ribs are broken though, can you fix'em?" he asked softly, longing to hug her like he use to. With complete abandon, loving her more than anything, like a child hugging his parent does. He was supposed to be her Guardian, the one who kept the bad people from coming and hurting her for being a healer; her Childe, the boy she took care of out of the goodness of her heart; her Confidante, the one she bounced ideas off. She was his Protector, saving him from his father and himself; his Healer, the one who kept him from dying from his injuries and from working too hard in the tournaments; his Best Friend.

Severus wrapped his thin arms around her warm waist, and leaned his forehead against her temple. He stroked his fingers through her jaw-length red hair, he has missed her so much. "After we're done dishes, can you teach me some healing stuff? I never thought to ask before. So if you get hurt I can help you more than putting on one of your salves," he murmured into her ear, truthfully merely wishing to spend as much time as he could with her before this part disappeared. He looked into her sky blue eyes; smiling like a loon, a wet one at that. "And I'm sorry."

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue May 04, 2010 7:33 am

[Severus' head]
Severus found himself in the body of his gangly younger self, Cinthe hugged him tightly, “Shh... whats wrong Sevvie?” she was concerned, her small delicate hands holding him softly. She pulled him away and looked at him for a second, her eyes judging him, “come now, you’re just being silly... we’ll get some food, that’ll make you feel better” her smile seemed to warm him through as she dragged him over to a small table in the corner. “The barkeep seems really nice, its quite refreshing to see someone that doesn’t mind runaways.”

They didn’t have to wait long until a round bearded face peered around the corner, “heh, there you are my dear, I’ve brought you pair of young‘un’s something to keep your strengths up.” The barkeep John was indeed a very kind man, as he lay out a loaf of bread, and a healthy portion of beef and potato stew, there was cheese, fruit and watered down ale for the two kids. The food was hot and delicious, Severus hadn’t realised how hungry he really was until he started eating.

[Wins2]
Erederis ran up the last stretch, entering a cave to where he presumed the well was, he took him nearly ten minutes to complete his trek. Moving slowly through the cave to see what was beyond, entering a second chamber, he saw to his horror that the water that he presumed was supposed to be a crystal blue, or some other life filled colour was a sickly black, the water grubby and polluted. He frowned slightly, this was a haven for the creatures of the Ireland, a place where they travelled to for pilgrimage. He had no idea of the repercussions that this would do.

(Luck role Passed) Erederis’ eyes stared at the water black as pitch, he was thinking, the slow despair draining through him, how would they finish the mission now? What had those monsters done?
Drip
... The hunter stopped, staring at the ripples as they cascaded across the still water. Drip Again? His eyes flickered upwards, to find three stone heads coming out of the wall, a lion head, a snake head, and a dragon head. Each open mouth had a stone wedged into its maw, stopping the trickles of clear crystalline water from leaving,

Thats when it hit Erederis, like a runaway cart. The well was where the creatures visited, but it wasn’t the source of the water. The creature known as Gibbs must have just been lazy and plugged up the statue heads, then poisoned the pool below.

[Everyone else]
Amber ran around quickly picking up the dropped mana stones, using them to heal up Garath, she gave him a fistful, and told him to check the others, before running to Scias, she started to undo the paladin’s armour, revealing the lines of dark energy running up the veins of his arm, “Ah.... um... Garath... do you know how to deal with this?” she asked slightly panicked the black energy spreading like poison.

Scias was swimming in and out of consciousness, he had started to sweat, his skin turning pale. Amber looked desperately to Neferious and Ethan. “do either of you know anything about poisons and antidotes?”

Postby Timer » Tue May 04, 2010 9:26 am

(NPS- ("Prime"))

Nef ran over to Scias, she drew a dagger and began tracing his veins, "I'm not gonna lie.. this is going to hurt.." She nicked the man's vein, Then pressed down on the other half so that the energy had no where to go but out.. "Amber.. you know how to do basic clerical blood transfer..?" She was using the mind of a healer from Alexandria.. "If you don't i will talk you through it.. i want to you to share our blood.. mine shouldn't be venomous.. and i will heal it back.. while i bleed the venom out of his system you replace the blood when its lost.."

Postby Alcas » Tue May 04, 2010 9:50 am

Garrath woke up as the healing energy flowed through his body. He got up and looked at the others. Many had various injuries but he didn't see any life-threatening wounds, so he walked over to the fallen paladin. He watched as Amber removed Scias' armor.

"No, I'm afraid that without knowing what type of poison this is, I could simply make it worse.If I knew the exact composition I could draw the poison out, but I would need to know every single component." Garrath said shaking his head.

Nef's idea was a good one, if her blood was compatible, if it wasn't it might be as dangerous as the poison itself, but they didn't have time to check the blood compatibility, they would just have to go with it. He touched two fingers to the man's arm. The black poison slowed and finally stopped flowing underneath his skin. "I have stopped the blood flow going to his heart from this arm. That should give you enough time to bleed him out. We should only transfuse your blood if he goes into shock, otherwise it might only make the situation worse. Amber you can control the blood flow and make sure he doesn't lose too much too fast." He looked toward Nefireous. "Whenever you're ready."

Postby Timer » Wed May 05, 2010 1:43 am

[NPS - no change]
"Ready when you are.." Nef replied, She had a rag in her other hand and was clearing away the blood and dark muck that was coming out of the vein, "If we do this right he should be fine.." She turned back to the paladin, carrying on with her work.. looking where the venom was going and how to cut it off before it reached any vital areas.

Postby Wins2 » Wed May 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Erederis could only laugh at how sad the other groups attempt to keep other party from getting the water had failed. All he needed to do now was get the water from the stone heads; he pulled out the rocks from each head. Erederis’s actions allowed the water to flow once again, so he took a canteen and let the water fill up inside until it started to overflow. With the water safely fasten around his waist, Erederis proceeded off towards the party to see them healing and treating each others wounds. Erederis approached Amber with the canteen in hand, he exclaimed, “Good news everyone, I have the water and it’s not poisoned or anything. Those other guys thought they were clever but not clever enough.” Erederis then handed the canteen to Amber so she could use it to do whatever she had to do with it.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Thu May 06, 2010 4:04 am

Amber took the canteen, and unscrewed it she took a small sniff, “hmm,” she leaned over so Garath could take a whiff of the liquid, “Well of life indeed...” she was grinning, “I have an idea... hang on” she shifted moving around Scias so his head was in her lap. She indicated for Neferious to make a long cut down the palidin’s arm which she obeyed. Garath loosened the rag slightly to allow some of the blood flow to return and Amber poured the crystal clear liquid past his lips, “Comeon, drink up... drink it all” she murmered, not letting him slow, as he coughed and spluttered, he tried to turn his head but she wouldn’t let him, “All of it...” she murmured forcing more liquid down Scias’ throat until the canteen was empty.

She tilted his head up so that he couldn’t spit it out again, “please work...” She waited watching the long slender cut on his arm, a black putrid slime started to come from the wound, dribbling out onto the dusty earth, it came out slowly at first before gradually speeding up. The veins that had turned black as pitch gradually receded, a white glow pushing them back, until the white reached where the cut was, the water of life leaving his body, the cut healing itself as it left his flesh.

Scias opened his eyes, to find Amber directly above him, blinking he saw everyone else around him, “Hello there” the mage beamed, handing the canteen back to Erederis, “It wouldn’t help having a few of them.”

~TimeSkip~ 2 hour
Fed and rested the group stood up, they congratulated themselves on a job well done, “So, chimera blood, and that black diamond next is it?” Amber asked smiling, it was a sincere relief that the water had been saved from pure laziness on the dark teams part. There was a heavy grunting from the path up the hill, “There they are Hector,” Gor’fek’s friend Pirate crawled over the ridge looking like he had run for days, he was shattered. His cheery face uncharacteristically serious, his pristine clothes coved in sweat and mud, his boots scuffed, and his platted hair mattered and undone. “Thank goodness we found you...” The pirate collapsed in the dirt, panting heavily.

They could hear Hector making his way up the path, slower than his friend, rythermic pants where he climbed over rocks and boulders with much less agility than Pirate had, until he too managed to clamber over the ridge, and collapsed to his knees.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing