Heroic Tales- The Epilogue IC- Chapter2 Creature Ireland

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Heroic Tales- The Epilogue IC- Chapter2 Creature Ireland

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:22 pm

The morning sun rose blood red across the horizon, a common occurrence in recent years. Black clouds swirling around the mountain where the heart of worlds lay undisturbed for none dare venture there. Looking out into the streets the snow had risen another inch in the night, snowflakes falling continuously from the sky.

The city of Alata once stood proudly, but now the bustling streets were a mere trickle of what it used to be. Early shops had just started to open, the smell of baking bread wafting down the streets. Six years later life went on, mundane. Simple folk for the moment, blissfully unaware of the dangers that will befall them.

[Caim]
Ethan Blackwell crept into the taverns bedroom, cautiously checking the lock and door for poisoned needles and other booby traps. Satisfied that there was nothing dangerous the young man slithered into the room. His eyes already adjusted to the dim morning light took quick note of what was in his room nothing was out of place, the window was still locked and the door had seemed un-tampered with when he walked in. But there on the beds headboard was a piece of torn parchment pinned to the dark wood with a small throwing knife only about an inch long.

The writing on the parchment was tight and nearly illegible but was still recognisable as the familiar scrawl of Master Solomon. Just a terse message was left for the young assassin.

“See me, now.”

Trawling through the snow, now dressed in a simple blue tunic and fur trimmed coat, the hood pulled over his face least anyone was watching. Eventually reaching Master Solomon’s archery store, the worn looking building a mere show for the public, it was what lay inside that counted.

Pushing open the front door the bell rang invitingly, Rows of bows and crossbows and every type of arrow imaginable hung on the walls. His master was already waiting for him; a sadistic smile on his face, his greying hair was tied with a pony tail at the nape of his neck, his chin having nearly a fortnights stubble on it. “Good Morning boy, hope you got enough sleep, I’ve got another job for you.”

[TsunaXionus]
Scias was sleeping when the frantic knocking came on his door, followed by the shrill squeal of his sister Lucille “Scias!! Please wake up!” his eyes flickered open, suddenly awake. Almost automatically he grabbed his sword Abalria, the weapon reflecting the small amount of light coming through the window.

He flung the door open to see his sister in tears, her bright blue eyes sore and her face wet from crying. He stood there in his boxers, but saw no attacker, just his sister in her snow white nightdress. Placing his sword up against the door frame, he took his older sister into his arms, her tear stained face against his bare chest.

“It’s Anteon...” she whined before he could ask, her breath coming out in short huffing gasps. “Please come see... I don’t know what to do...”

The walk to Anteon’s room seemed to last an age, Scias was already dreading seeing his younger brother before the door to his room was pushed open, but seeing it was so much worse. The boy’s mop of blond hair was plastered to his head, his shivering body covered with sweat, and itchy skin. His blue innocent eyes looked up at his brother. He coughed, “Scias.... I don’t feel too good.... ”

The plague had come knocking at his door.

[Timer]
Nefireous was already up and about, the harbour a throng of early birds. Shipping crates being loaded onto huge ships. Ships built for war, for fishing, cargo ships, and fancy royal transporters. She let out a slight sigh looking around, sea birds cawed our in the morning din, but there was nothing of interest here.

This whisper, this wanting of something inside, the name ‘Siren’, It was beyond comprehension, but still the drawing of it had taken her across to the mainland to this very city, to this harbour. And now she was at a dead end. It felt like she was in the right place, but part of her felt silly for travelling this far on a whim.

The winter chill bit at her exposed skin, so close to the ocean there was nothing to stop the violent winds howling around the dock. A gruff voice shook her out of her day dreams, “Siren wants everything loadin’ up this mornin’, said he sets sail tonight as the sun sets.” Her eyes found a couple of burley men standing next to a tower of wooden crates.
“Ye must be joking!” the other one exclaimed, “sunset? This has to be loaded by sunset? If it’d anyone else i’d give ‘em a piece of my mind!”
“Yea right, if it was anyone else, you’d ask their missus to give them a piece of your mind for you” They both laughed heartedly looking at the task at hand.

[Keiran]
Severus woke up, the red sunshine a sliver through the gap in the curtains, his keen navy blue eyes flickered around the tavern bed room, the wooden interior was simple and cheap, a fur carpet the only real decor in the room. And a stone basin that had been filled with hot water. The young man sat up, it was a charming cosy little room... but it was a room he didn’t remember renting for the night... In fact he didn’t remember anything from last night the entire evenings escapades a black stain in his memory.

His clothes had been thrown around the room, as he lay under the wool sheets in his boxers. He sat up and leaned against the headboard, a full length mirror in the corner of the room was cracked; the glass spider webbed outwards, like someone had punched it. Severus’s head was pounding, the after effects of drinking copious amounts of alcohol. That must be why he can’t remember a damn thing...

’Good Morning sleeping beauty...’ A deep menacing voice chuckled, it held a sadistic lint, a condescending vicious tone. ’It’s about time you woke your ass up!’

[Iris] (sorry it’s a little short... I was struggling to bring you in)
The ogre had taken up residence in the stable on the edge of the city, finding only one man kind enough, or maybe it was out of fear, half an cow had been given to the ogre the night previous, of which there was nothing left but blood stained dirt and straw He rolled over on the dirty grass mattress he had made himself, the fast falling snow falling into his bed, chilling his toes. His stomach rumbled loudly, and he heard a small gasp coming from the door of the stable.

“I can’t go in there” One man whispered, “You hear things about ogre’s.... I don’t care what the Royal’s say, it shouldn’t be asked to go!”
“Stop being a whimp” the other man replied in a hushed whisper, “He’s a mercenary-”
“HOW DO YOU KNOW IT’S HIM”
“shhhh don’t wake him, I don’t want him to wake angry! How many Ogres’ do you see waltzing around Alata?”
“Good point.... So what do we do?”
“Wait till he wake’s up and ask him?”

[Alcas]
Garrath was already awake, and reading a letter that had been delivered by royal courier this morning. His reputation as a healer had obviously spread just far enough to get him noticed. The purple ink stained the parchment in elegant loops and crosses, he had already broken the wax seal and read the letter eagerly.

Dear Traveller
I have heard of your escapades and wish to ask you for your assistance. The plague has spread to my city, and even with all my efforts I have yet to find someone who can stop it.

I am gathering together a team; people who I hope can help before this infernal disease travels any further. With them I’ve sent a mage Amber Serria, she thinks has an idea of how to stop this plague, and where originated.

There is a ship in the harbour, the Red Dragon, Captained by a Man called James Siren and his family, I’ve bought his services for a time. He should take you to where you need to go.

They sail tonight; I hope you see it fit to join their plight.

King Rhoury III

[Wins2]
Erederis was already up and about, he’d been walking the woods outside of Alata for about an hour now, finally stopping to snack on a piece of fruit from his pack. He sighed loudly, and leaned against a tree, sinking to the snow covered earth. He missed Magdolin, a huge empty space had just been left inside of him.

He glanced up quickly as he heard footsteps coming closer. Definatly human, male... just the one person... His eyes met those of a pair of deep rich brown. “Erederis?” the man queried, clumsily wading through the undergrowth to get to the druid. He broke into a smile, and offered his hand to help Erederis to his feet. “I been looking all ov’a for you,” He exclaimed pulling the man up.

“Captain Siren’s in port,” The name rang a distinct bell, it was the ‘kindly’ pirate who had helped them escape the fall of Alexandria, and returned Magdolin and Erederis to the mainland. “He’s been wanting to see you again, while he’s about. ” The messenger grinned with a gap toothed smile. “You comin’? It’s an honor to dine with the Captain’s.”
Last edited by Ultimate destroyer on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Location: Unspecified location, plotting... Always Plotting...

Re: Heroic Tales- The Epilogue IC- New Begininings

Postby Timer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:25 pm

‘SIREN!’ Her already large brown eyes opened wider at the mention of the name, She had been on the goose chase for nearly a month now.. going from town to town, “earning” enough money to survive her insane trip to where this spirit had been leading her. ’I hope this has been worth it..’ casually she began to walk to the pair talking about the man in question, her fighting instinct told her to be brash while her inner voice told her to be civil.. and her mind was thinking of being ‘cute’, this resulted in her standing in front of them for about two seconds before she realised what she was doing..’shit, shit, shit.. think!’

“Hey..err yeah..” she causally brushed her bangs out of her face, revealing her dainty face to them “I need to talk to Siren.. if you do it quickly i will help you out loading?” She then thought about what she was saying ’great.. a bit of everything…’ sarcastically she told herself, trying to keep a sweet smile on her lips.

Postby Iris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 pm

The scent of human males slowly filled the sleepy mind of Gor'fek and intruded his dreams of his ancestral home; the jagged white peaks, littered with the bones and blood of prey. A world where only the strongest would survive that cruel habitat, weaker tribes would be taken over stronger tribes, bonds made over feasts that lasted for days.

Until the human came and brought with them a new world, a world that made Gor'fek's wanderlust hunger for adventure.
His gut rumbled again, even in his sleep his wanderlust was calling for him to wake up. Maybe it was human nature that called an ogre's wanderlust, maybe their not-simple way was the reason that ogres left their homes in search of a way to fill that hunger...

"Man-thing's world is not-simple. It make Gor'fek head hurt when he try to understand!" He grumbled as he woke up, he rolled his body over after trying to get up on his back, "Hur hur, Gor'fek body not want to wake up, want to sleep. Gor'fek think it time to get up, so body need to listen."

Finally getting up to his feet turned to where the scent of the human males was coming from, "What human's want from Gor'fek? They want to throw food and thin sticks at Gor'fek? He don't mind just not burn kind man's house."

Postby Alcas » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Garrath reread the note to be certain. He had been having trouble finding employment in town. None of the blacksmiths had really seemed to want his help and there was already a resident healer the townspeople trusted. But then just as he was ready to pull up stakes for the next town, this King Rhoury commissions him. He had been pursuing information about the plague anyway. If the King was willing to hire him to do something he already planned to do himself, it hardly made sense to ignore the offer. Garrath pulled on his white healer's robe before throwing together the few belongings that he hadn't already packed and making his way downstairs to pay his bill off and order one last drink from the kind tavern keep.

Stepping into the street he pulled the hood of his robe over his head and began marching through the snow toward the docks. He had nothing better to do until the ship left and he might as well try to meet the Captain before they set out. He approached the dockmaster's hut and asked him where the Red Dragon was at anchor. The man looked at the ledger for a moment then pointed out a ship only a small distance away. He thanked the man and walked toward the ship. Standing in front of it was a woman and two men, sailors by the looks of the two, and a large number of crates. He then heard the woman's words carried back on the wind. She was asking a question he was interested in as well. Garrath wanted to meet Captain Siren himself, so he approached the group giving the two men a perfunctory nod as he stopped a few feet away. He waved his hand at the layer of snow on top of one of the crates. The snow blew away in a mini flurry as a puff of warm air passed behind his hand. He leaned against the corner of the crate, and patiently waiting for them to answer or begin asking their own questions of them both.

Postby TsunaXionus » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

-Scias Dergion, Dergion Manor-

Scias' eyes opened wide and dropped his sword as he saw his little brother in his current state. "Dear lord... Why... Why Anteon... Why the innocent?" He whispered in a groan. He clenched his fist. He smiled and looked at Anteon "you'll be alright" he sayed trying to comfort him, walked slowly toward the door grabbing his sword. He then took lucille by the hand and took her outside Anteon's room, Shutting the door "Where's Derrion? Has he left?" He asked lucille as he knew that he could do nothing. For once he felt helpless to save his little brother, But he wanted to do all he could to help. "We need a doctor, or a Priest, maybe a monk" He sayed franticly as He ran to his room to get changed forgetting to recieve lucille's answer.

Upon entering his room, He quickly got changed into his armor and packed all he needed for a journey to find the best doctor around the city. He opened the door and went out to the long corridor, Sad and Dark Imagining's filled his mind. Holding his hand to his head gently touching his dark brown hair, "Maybe I might fail, maybe they'll all die" He said to himself. Suddenly with a gallant pose "NO! I must do this and I will not fail" He said with all his pride and honor the energy coming from the Invisible radiance was overwhelming. There he started his walk through the corridor to the front door.
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby Keiran » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 am

The young man glared into the broken mirror, Don't want you, don't need you, he thought angerly going to his bag which had been left at the foot of the bed and pulled his clothes out. Wash then dress, he thought to himself trying but failing to ignore the voice. It gave him the creeps, How could that monster be part of me? Severus hated it. He washed, enjoying the warm water for it was a luxury he didn't often indulge. He then dressed in his simple clothing and sat on the bed, it was far too early to go out, better to wait an hour then look suspious. He pulled on of the toys from his bag and examined it careful, avoiding looking at the room that he had not rented. The simple hoop-path toy he had been given many years ago, Brilliant! he mutter happily. For an hour Severus played with the toy, iggoring the taunting and scornful voice. Then he stood, put his toy away and walked out. Time to look for people who were on the same quest as him.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:53 am

[Timer and Alacas]
The shorter of the two men looked down at her, his eyes were a muddy brown she noticed as he gave her a once over, “What’s a pretty thing like ye doing looking for Captain Siren?” his friend punched him on the arm, “oi be nice to the lass.”He grinned broadly down at Nefireous, a gap toothed smile. “Sorry sweet heart, but the Captain will be busy with preparations for tonight when we set sail. What’s it regardin’?”

Garreath had walked over, a puff of warm air washing over briefly, the snow flying up into a flurry. “Cheer’s mate,” replied the first one picking up the first crate from the top of the pile, “I’ll get started, I’ll tell the boss your entertaining” he chuckled strolling across the dock towards the Red Dragon, a monstrously sized ship.

The remaining pirate shook his head slightly, “Sorry bout that, What you need to see Siren for anyway?”

[Keiran]
The voice persisted, its manic laugh echoing inside Serverus’ head. He had gotten half way down the cobbled streets, before he felt a new sensation, all his muscles became rigid, and he stopped in the middle of the road, people now bustled around moving stall to stall, the blacksmith was hammering away. The smell of freshly baked bread wafted over to him. And for some reason he couldn’t force his body to take another step, like puppet strings were holding him in place.

“Now listen here boy...” the voice started the sadistic lint cutting right through him. “Don’t you want to know what I was doing last night....” He paused letting the curiosity sink into Serverus, “I’ve been walking around, talking to the right people about this plague you’re so obsessed with stopping... long story short... Go to the docks.. look for the red Dragon, captained by a beast of a man called Siren... The contact is a.... delicious looking bint... ” The strings released Serverus, allowing him to move freely again.

[Iris]
The first man yelped and jumped backwards, as the Ogre got up, while the second stepped forwards, clutching his spear tightly, the point towards the sky, non threatening. “Gor’fek.... Word has gotten around that you are looking for a new job” He started, signalling for his friend to bring a plump live cow forwards, it fought back slightly, terrified of going near the Ogre.

“The King requests that you join a team he has set up, a group of people who are going to find a cure for the plague that has been spreading across the land. He erm.... sends this cow in good faith that you will join the quest.... with the promise of more when you return victorious....”

[TsunaXionus]
Scias nearly knocked his father over as he swung open the front door, to see the greying man stood there, his arm in a cast from a riding accident the previous week, his deep eyes were red and snow painted his clothes and hair where he had been walking. “”Scias.... I need to talk to you, it’s about Anteon...”

The look on Scias’ face quickly told his father that he already knew of his brothers condition. His father lead his forth son to the office, and poured out two fire whiskeys despite it being barely 8am, and handed one to his boy “I didn’t want to wake you... Not until I knew..” He produced a piece of cloth with the royal Emblem on, a phoenix of all things, “King Rhoury..... he gives his blessing,” He lay the silk in his son’s hand, “He’s formed a team, there’s a mage from his council, you may have seen her around, Amber Serria, she thinks she has an idea of how to cure this infernal disease... maybe even stop the source... I want you to go with her.”

He drained his glass and filled it again, staring at the bottle with sorrow, knowing that he may not only lose one son, but maybe two, “It’ll be dangerous,” he waved to Scias’ armour, “but something tells me that it doesn’t matter to you..” He sighed, Raymond looked years older than he was, “Go to the docks, there’s a ship there captained by a man called James Siren, Amber will probably already be there...” He paused placing his hand on Scias’ shoulder, “I love you son...”

Postby Timer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:25 am

“Let’s just say Personal business..” ’Following a voice in my head does sound a tad crazy’ She stepped a little closer to the man, looking upto him with her overlarge brown eyes, “I’ll even bring something heavy for you?” she walked behind him ’heavy.. heavy.. heavy.. ah that’ll do..’ The spied a box of cannon balls, the kind usually only the biggest men or two of the smaller ones could carry .. she walked over and without effort picked it up, carrying it back over to him “Now you want to walk and talk.. and maybe our new friend can come with us?” she smiled over to the other new man who had blown snow off the crates, “And i will do you a favour a bring a cannon onboard next trip..one of the sixteen pounders..”

Postby Iris » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:18 am

"King?" Gor'fek repeated squinting at the two humans, "Uhhh.... oh tribe leader of man-things! Man with metal hat and many shiny stones!" He smiled for a moment before frowning, "What king want with Gor'fek?"

The braver of the two explained that the king was looking for aid to fight 'the plague', although the ogre listened to the man his focus was on the terrified cow. His gut rumbling again but he ignored it for now, "Hear what man-thing must say, then think of food." He thought to himself before focusing on the human again.

"Tell king that Gor'fek will go and meet with people. Give Gor'fek place to meet and Gor'fek will go and wait for people." He told them but added after a couple seconds, "But Gor'fek not understand... What is plague?"

Postby Caim » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 am

"Yes, I did. thank you, Master." Ethan said as he lowered his coat's robe. 'Master' wasn't quite the word that came to mind when he thought of Solomon, not that it was probably a secret to the older man after all the time's he'd poisoned him as part of a test. Ethan wasn't sure whether to be thankful or suspicious about the lack of traps this time around, either today was just a good day, or this contract was going to another tough one. He took several steps towards Solomon before stopping, just enough so that they wouldn't have to yell across the store just to have a conversation.

"So, who is it this time? Fat merchant with an army of guards, or a nobleman who can afford armor and lives in a castle?" It was a sincere question, not a sarcastic remark, as Ethan's serious expression proved. It was almost always best to start coming up with at least a few rough ideas ahead of time.

(Eeeh, icky post, sorry! I'm experimenting with my writing style some what, so...yeah >.<)

Postby Alcas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am

"For myself, it's really just curiosity as to who I will be sailing with." He said and then watched in awe as the woman picked up a crate nearly as large as herself and walked it back over to them. Garrath was grateful that she had included him but he was positive that he couldn't carry any of these. " She's a strong one, eh?" He asked the sailor, who looked like he might have been punched in the gut.

Garrath walked over to one of the crates and after a little experimentation decided that while he could probably carry one or two onto the boat, he would regret it. So instead he aimed his staff at one and created a platform of energy underneath and slightly around the edges of the crate and began walking it up the ramp. It was normally considered bad taste to use magic on such mundane tasks, for risk of being seen as a show-off, but he was willing to risk it to help along the loading process. Besides he didn't want to pass up the woman's inclusion of him and he didn't have anything better to do at the time. He might as well help, it was always a good idea to make friends whenever one could.

Postby Keiran » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:30 am

Severus turned and ran toward the dock, his hair flowing behind him as he ran. If he listened the voice was right, then he could help; if it was wrong then he could start searching there. If it was wrong, he could stop listening to the voice all together, I don't listen to those who have lied to me, he thought to the voice. You better not be lying to me. You know I don't like liars. He stopped paying attention as he spoke to the voice but he continued running and he ran head first into a tall brown-haired man, and knocked them both over. "I'm so sorry." Severus said quick, cringing away from the man in the robes, "I should have been watching where I was going, please accept my apology." At the same time as he was speaking he was thinking, Stupid, stupid, stupid! How could I do this? Now I'm going to pay for this, I just hope it's not with the skin on my back.

Postby TsunaXionus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:32 am

[Scias Dergion]

Scias had sorrow in his eyes as he drank the cup of wine. He looked his father into the eyes and said "Yes, Its a dice roll and the Outcome is unknown". He held his sword by its scabbard and lifted it a little higher "But if we do not roll the dice and if this might fail then we shall all perish", He then stood up and with a wave "And if I can do something to help to Manipulate this roll, well then I shall". Standing outside just as the slowly started door close he said in a final tone "Farewell, I love you too".

He went outside and stretched. He rode his horse toward the Archives where his brother Derrion works as a top scholar. Upon arriving, He rushed in past the guards, though he knew his status already aloud him to enter. He ran over toward Derrion as asked "Hey Big brother, I need to ask a favor. Can you do some research on the disease going across this land, the one that Anteon has. Im not one to trust fully on those not of our family. Also I need to borrow Aracnum Purge: Smite the wicked, Vol. 12 and 13. thanks".

As soon as he did all he needed to do he left for the dock. "Lord, Bless me on my journey and quest" He said as he arrived at the docks. He began to ask in his normal gallant tone where the ship of Siren is.

(For Info: Aracnum Purge: Smite the wicked, Is a guide novel written by Arshin Puragnus and is a book that Scias is very much intrested in, For it has guides to creatures and displays their actual weaknesses and strengths but secretly though...)

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:01 pm

[Timer, Keiran, Alacas]
(Calm down Kei, don’t you like RPing with just me? You’ll get your action in due time, I’m going to assume you ran into the pirate because I want to post and a tall brown haired man isn’t descriptive enough for me not to use this opportunity)

The pirate gawped at Neferious as she picked up the crate of cannon balls, a feat he would struggle with, he skipped to catch up with her, he leaned towards Garrath, his voice a whisper, “yea, she’s pretty strong…. Erm, the Red Dragon is this way… excuse me just a mo….” He jogged to catch up with the girl, “He-hey wait up…” his grin had broadened slightly, “I guess I could get you a meeting with Siren…. One of them anyway…” He walked a step to her side, his muscles bulging slightly, only a open waistcoat on his upper body, “my names Hector… you want to grab a drink later?”

Garrath watched the scene unfold like a cart crash about to happen, Hector started chatting up the woman as a young boy ran headlong across the dock, and clearly not paying any attention he bowled into the pirate knocking them both over skidding in the snow. It made him flinch briefly, before he turned back to watch the outcome.

Hector stood up again and brushed himself down, his eyes filled with rage as he looked at the scrawny boy, “You should have been watching” He scolded, picking up the crate he was carrying, “People are working around here, if you want to play go to the park!” He considered giving Serverus a good kick, but in the presence of the young lady he decided against it, unsure if beating scraggily men would impress her at all.

[Iris]
The braver man paused for a moment, slightly stumped at how to explain what the plague is to an ogre. “I think the best way to explain it… it makes humans very poorly and then they can die, they can’t get up and move, they can’t eat food… they are in pain and then they die…. If Gor’fek got it, it would give him a tummy ache and then you couldn’t eat anything…. It’d be like feeling really really hungry with no food to eat….” He looked a little concencious for a moment, not really sure if that was the best way to describe the illness to the Ogre.

“the team are meeting on the Red Dragon, a boat at the dock….”

[TsunaXionus]
“Just follow the dock down sir, you can’t really miss it, it’s called the red dragon, it’s the biggest one in sector A” the kindly man pointed in the general direction which Scias followed without any problems. He could read the ornate black writing on the crimson hull. Not far away he could see three men and a woman getting a bit agitated, one of the men having bumped into the burley sailor. It didn’t look like anything would start though, the presence of the woman seeming to level the testosterone in the air. (see my post to Timer, Keiran, and Alacas)

The gang plank was pretty much just before him, the hustle and bustle of sailors on board preparing for tonight’s journey

[Caim]
Solomon laughed maliciously “nah…. Much bigger than that….” He beckoned Ethan to come over, slamming his pack on the table, “you remember that plague conspiracy well its not as much as a ruse that people would like to imagine,” He flipped the bag over, tools of his trade falling unceremoniously onto the table. There was everything, his master inventory surpassing his own, Solomon’s slight paranoia sticking out like a sore thumb, he’s a firm believer that if he could do something, someone could do it back and takes procedures to stop it. Knives of every size scattered, smoke bombs, vials of poison, a potion pouch, bandages, crossbow bolts, fish wire, fake jewels, a coloured liquid used to change his eye colour, and wraps he could put round his boots to silence his footsteps.

“Go right to the top, that Bastard Rhoury, his highness himself who keeps trying to shut us down, has taken up a contract.” He danced on the spot, “his wife caught the plague, and he wants it sorting out. He’s put together a team, and he’s trying to cramp as many professions in so it doesn’t fail…”

He slid into a wooden chair and balanced on two legs flawlessly, “I thought you may be interested, see some sights, got a few contracts in the south and the west you may be able to pick up for me…” Solomon let out a long contented sigh, it had been a long time since he had been so excited about a job. “I’d go myself, but I’ve got my eyes set on the council seat, and need to be here to claim it...” He pulled out his flask and took a long deep drink “What you say boy? Interested?”

Postby Wins2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:38 pm

“Ah, Captain Siren I remember him well let us go and meet him,” Erederis said, as he followed the gaped tooth pirate with inquiry. It was cold as Erederis walked through the cold white snow on ground, and the snow flying in his face stinging him with bits of cold. He thought back to those days, six years ago when he and several others travel across the land to stop the evil Victoria. He and his companions crossed by foot and horses to get to Alexandria, fighting all sort of beings from Soul splitters to bandits. It was during this time he met the only family he knew for a while the wolf Magdolin, whom he saved when she was just a pup. When the two along with Erederis's other companions reached Alexandria it all went wrong. When the floating city fell Death and destruction surrounded them, the two barely managed to escape. Thanks to the illustrious pirate captain who brought him and the late Magdolin back to the mainland. As he continued to walk alongside the pirate adjusting his gear to get more comfortable he wondered what captain wanted. He looked toward the pirate he asked, “So, why does Captain Siren wish to see me?” Having not seen the captain in so long his curiosity was peaked wondering why when he was sent for by name.
Last edited by Wins2 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Keiran » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:07 am

[I thought you'd want me to get with the others. Sorry.] Severus covered his head with both arms and waited, he just knew this guy was not going to take that. Danger! Danger! his mind screamed at him, it wasn't even the voice, it was his own personality that was screaming at him. He waited a few more seconds and slowly realized that the man wasn't going to attack him, yet. Severus scrambled to his feet and backed away, one hand in front of him protectively and the other going toward his dagger, to defend himself if need be. "I'm sorry, Ah-I'm looking for a muh-man nuh-named Siren. I need to suh-speak with him," the young boy stuttered nervously, very unsure and he could hear the voice laughing. "Ah-I'm here tuh-to help. Please, suh-sir, Ah-I duh-didn't meant to buh-bump into you."

Postby Alcas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:23 am

"Ah! see, no harm, no foul. He was just in a hurry to meet us all here. Besides if he is a client of Captain Siren's it really wouldn't do to knock him around. And I'm sure that if the crate or any of it's contents are damaged in anyway, I might be able take a look at it and see if I can do anything or at worst I could pay for it to be replaced myself." He said benevolently trying to diffuse the situation. He didn't think the sailor would have done anything, especially with his attention captured elsewhere, but it was better to be safe than sorry, for the kid's sake.

As this transpired he let the crate he had been levitating ease to the ground in front him. Garrath turned to the new arrival, leaned in and said "There is more cargo to be loaded over there. Make yourself useful and maybe our burly friend here won't throw you overboard mid-journey." He smiled and brought the crate back up to waist level and began walking it towards the ship again.

Postby Iris » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:40 am

"Uh? Tummy ache, like when eating shiny metals? Gor'fek find that cause much hurt... not eating shiny things again.." He grumbled, "So plague is like sickness, shaman of tribe cure sickness with gift of the great one, 'He-who-hunger-always' make pain go away. But Gor'fek not tell tale, take too long and has job now."

He paused once he heard where he would have to meet the others, "Boat? Man-thing that float on great blue waters? Gor'fek no like that, make Gor'fek feel sick... Maybe that cause plague?" He could argue with the two frightened human but that would mean the ogre himself was showing fear which was something he didn't like at all, "King better pay good, hurh? Gor'fek go on boat and meet with people tribe. Stop thing called 'plague', kill thing that causes 'plague', eat thing then go home with shiny coins... Maybe visit..." He stopped, he considered continuing that thought but he understood it wasn't a good idea to mention lil' Fi infront of humans he didn't know or trust.

"Show Gor'fek where to go, he get lost when man-things give him thing-with-pictures called map. Leave cow in here, you pay Gor'fek, Gor'fek now pay kind man for food and place to sleep." He told the two as he picked up his massive mace and started to walk outside only to pause, "Which way to dock?"

Postby TsunaXionus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:31 am

[Scias]

Scias looked toward the great crimson hull of the Red Dragon. "So this is the marvelous ship, eh" He said to himself. He noticed a group of people just near the ship, He walked closer and closer. "Hey, is there a man named James Siren, Round here?" He said in his great loud gallant voice. His gallant and noble radiance filled slightly the area as he continued to walked closer to the group of people in front of him. He kept the cloth with the royal emblem on his left pauldron where it was in plain view.

A chill crossed his mind as he noticed that he hasn't heard the voice all day. He didnt know whether to be relieved or worried. He smiled in his gallant fashion and thought little of it. He stopped walking and took a look around. Wondering about what this is going to end up as.

Postby Caim » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:31 am

Ethan couldn't help but raise his eyebrow. "Bigger?" He had an almost puzzled expression on his face as he approached the table. "Yeah, I remember it. Huh, so they actually found proof of some lunatic of a wizard is behind all of that?" Ethan glanced down as his master poured his equipment out onto the table, it reminded him of a few things he'd probably have to pack if the contract was as important as Solomon was saying. You could never be too careful.

"I see...well, that's noblemen for you." Ethan crossed his arms as he spoke. Nobles were always boasting about their 'honor' when they weren't expecting to be worshipped, but they could even more underhanded and brutal than most assassins the moment they actually experience any hardship. Stupid rich bastards. Still, they made good clients.

"I'll take it." Ethan's answer came as soon as Solomon had finished speaking. "I can't say I'd mind those sights you mentioned, and then there's what's happening with Kat..." He shifted uncomfortably with a slight frown. There was no telling just what the hell was going on in that twisted head of her's, but she wouldn't be able to do much to him if he was miles away and traveling with a group of mercenaries the royalty itself was hiring. "I'll get packing, do you want me to memorise those contracts you mentioned, or are there people I'm going to have to make contact with first?" He paused for a moment before adding. "And, uh, if you don't mind me asking. Have you heard anything new about Kat?"

Postby Timer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:27 am

"uhhh.." she began to reply when the pirate was bowled over by the random person, "Well.. that was unexpected.." She bent down and picked both of them up, the new comer by the the scruff of his shirt "Hi there.." She put him genitally down and resumed holding the cannonballs with both hands (holding them in just one was getting a little difficult) "So.. what's happening then? are we all going?" She looked around a little confused, 'all these people just for Siren?'

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm

[Caim]
“No need to memerise the contracts, some smart arsed mage cam up with this” He tossed a small object at Ethan who caught it out of instinct, the apprentice rolled the stone between his fingers, it was a smooth green stone, like marble with a glowing red rune on its surface. “they work as a pair” he explained holding up his own stone that matched, “I can contact you over long distances, making for some…. Private exchange of information without people listening”

“And as for Kathrin…. I’ve not heard anything.” He frowned slightly looking out of the window to the fast falling snow, “it’s like she’s dropped off of my radar, I’m sure she’s not in the city.” Solomon new the city like the back of his hand, he knew which people paid their taxes, which merchants cheated on their wives, the ins and outs and intricacies…. It was unlikely that he’d have just over looked him.

[Iris]

The two men pointed simultaneously towards the coast, watching the ogre as he grunted and stomped off in the direction they had pointed. They let out a collective sigh, “That went well….” One mumbled to the other as Gor’fek went on his merry way.

He made his way through the streets, people giving the ogre a wide berth, it took some time, and a few wrong turns later and he was still lost in the middle of town.

[Wins2] (heheh, you really have improved :D )
The pirate waded through the undergrowth “Not entirely sure, I’m really just the messenger,” He chuckled slightly, “Maybe he heard you were about and thought you’d make a good edition to the team that’s trying to find a cure for this plague...” He kept walking until they got out of the forest, “Couldn’t leave you out after all this time could he? Besides, you’d only be upset if you weren’t invited to the party” Walking down the cobbled streets, cloaks hugged close to their bodies, they ran into a familiar looking Ogre, who seemed to be lost.

[Players On the Dock]
The pirate opened his mouth to say something, and he froze, a shadow appeared in view. On the deck a man stepped into view. “Stop standing there like a gormless sea worm and get these crates loaded. We haven’t got time for you to chat up women” The figure barked, his voice was deep and charismatic, but held a fearsome undertone, this was a man that obviously knew cruelty, a man that knew how to strike fear into his opponents, but also how to instil loyalty and respect from his crew. “Y-Yes Captain!” Hector called lifting the crate higher in his arms and practically running up the gang plank to place the box on the deck before dashing back to fetch some more.

Captain Siren leaned against the railings leering down at the newcomers, his shadowy figure was silhouetted against the sun behind him, too high up to get a good look at him, but it was obvious that he wasn’t built like the other pirates, he was muscular, but lean, skill over brawn. “I’m going to take a guess and say you’re here to see me?” He asked, signalling for them to come up on deck.

Postby Caim » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:09 pm

Ethan raised an eyebrow as he examined the enchanted rock. "Oh really? Nice to see at least one of them's doing something helpful for people outside their college or whatever." The assassin silently pocketed the stone as Solomon spoke. "I see..." He looked down at the floor and took a breath to compose himself. Had she managed to find out about the contract ahead of time? If she was under orders, Solomon would have known about it for sure. "Well, I guess I'll just have to keep a lookout for her." Ethan waved goodbye before he turned to leave. He was definitely going to have to pack for this.

Ethan adjusted one of the straps of his armor as he made his way to the ship that was supposed to take him and the others to wherever it was the king wanted investigated first. Everything that wasn't a weapon or tool of some kind was stored in the leather pack that dangled by his side, brushing against his hip with every step. The docks always were a nice place to take a walk, as long as you were careful not to get mugged.

The assassin halted, frozen at the sight of Captain Siren's ship. It was the biggest he'd ever seen, literally dwarfing every other vessel in the port. There must have been more to the king's marriage than just the usual political stuff after all if he was willing to spend so much to try to save her. It was...nice. Still didn't excuse him for waiting so bloody long to do something about the plague, though.

He adjusted his pack slightly to make it fit more comfortably over his shoulder before making his way up the gangplank.

Postby Alcas » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

When the voice called out asking for Captain Siren, Garrath turned towards it. Just by the tone of his voice Garrath could already tell; he was either going to hate this guy or simply not like him. To Garrath he sounded a bit full of himself. Of course me judging someone for being prideful is like the pot calling the kettle black.He resolved himself not to judge the man, and then floated the crate over the edge of the ship and let it gently down onto the deck.

The Captain's appearance was a pleasant surprise. He had expected to wait until nightfall to meet the Captain, but here he was now. Garrath shielded his eyes from the sun to better see the Captain, but the glare was still to bright. So instead he started up the gangplank to meet him.

Postby Timer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:29 pm

Nefireous looked up, It wasn’t massive feat to put a small invisible band of magic in front of her eyes to shield against the sun.. She looked him dead in the eyes without fear. She walked up the gang plank and placed the box of cannonballs next to the ships hold, ready to be lowered into the bowels of the magnificent vessel. “Captain Siren… it’s nice to finally talk to the organ grinder…” She smiled sweetly, brushing her hair back once again, walking back to his proud figure, “I’m Nefireous…”

Next

Return to Role Playing