Heroic Tales- The Epilogue OOC *sign ups closed*

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Heroic Tales- The Epilogue OOC *sign ups closed*

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:59 pm

As people will know from my previous RPs, they are a little bit different, and instead of being plot driven, they are player run with a loose plot for the players to go by. If you do something stupid there will be consequences, if you upset someone they may come and bitchslap you. But if you do something clever and unique, you will be rewarded. I like development in my RPs and to see characters grow and interact. Characters can die, and most probably will, but they will also level

Now I’m going to warn you now, unlike the fast paced RPs I have run in the past, I now have a full time 9am-5pm job, which means that I have less time to post, (meaning the RP will progress a little slower than normal). If you don’t have a problem with that, then sign up!

It also wont be a large player team, as I do have to read the posts before I can reply.

Heroic Tales- the Epilogue RP
The story behind it.
The empire of man has stood for thousands of years now.. the world still spins in its tiny plot.. The sun still rises in the west and sets in the east.. However there are people who wish to end all this..
The year is 1108 AF (after founding), the world is much like that of our own, four massive continents separated by seas known as Albion, it all started with the founding, the original flush of magic that swept over the land and created everything we know.. at least to a basic extent.. Creatures, trees and man themselves..
Years flew by, man changed.. Man grew.. And we prospered.. the great empire of Sertious the third sits in the middle of the great plane of Anixia, it stands were the first man laid clam to land, constructed of many cities inside a great towering wall.. and this is the root of everything else.. the first city.

Man began to control magic around 300AF, we learnt of its almost un-nameable amounts of types and quality’s.. anything in the imagination is possible with magic..some scholars even believe that magic is the power of ones imagination fused with the powers of the earth and sky. Now there are many empires and cities just devoted to its study, the most famous is Alexandria, the floating city of mages.. it sits above the west sea, around four hundred meters above sea level.

The creatures of the world mirror that of ours, in both magic and mundane, others exist too and these creatures of much more rarity and interest by the scholars of Albion,(note, timer will be providing a few creatures and things for the RP, so expect some cool creatures )

Religion is an odd concept in Albion, the common belief is in magic as the main focus of thought, however gods and goddesses do have followings in this world, many creatures have become and still are gods.. some believe that the gods are just monstrous beings of magic.. the collected imaginations of thousands of followers, which with the thought based powers of magic is becoming a common thought in itself.

Technology is largely unheard of, Alexandria is the foremost researcher of magical devices and alchemy, and so they are the most advanced in the world when it comes to mechanised production and weaponry. Most places have small amount such as magical defences for towns and street lamps, but hand held personal devices are more expensive than hand crafted and then enchanted bows, swords and armour thus they are less popular with smaller counties.

Magic flows through every being, this is recognised as the norm.. not everyone can produce bolts of lightning or balls of flame.. but archers use it to aims there shots.. and fighter to strike they foes with wicked slashes and deadly accuracy.. everyone uses magic, imagination or not.. but those who harness the powers of their mind can be the most powerful of all…

(Those that played in the Heroic tales RP would recognise this as their start... But a turn of events has happened, and even though the RP was never finished, they did not complete their quest)

The world has been thrown into turmoil. The Mage Victoria had tricked the heroes and collected the blood ruby from their hands, no longer in the safety of the floating city of Alexandria, the city that crashed into the island below it, dragged out the sky by a monstrous soul splitter.

Broken they fled, their lives the only thing they had left, fleeing to the ocean on James Siren’s mighty warship
They had handed Victoria her victory...
Or so she had thought...

It is nearly six years later since Alexandria fell from the sky, six years have passed and not a word has been breathed of the dark soul that had taken the blood ruby from its resting place. But something else has happened, a plague spreading to the four corners of the land. Slowly killing off cattle and pigs...Magical creatures falling ill and bought to an untimely death.... but now the first humans have caught the plague, a monstrous disease of magic and death.

You are will be nominated to find out what the hell is happening, and stop it whether you were the failed heroes that caused this new hell, or someone near you has conducted the plague and you wish to save them, or maybe your just an innocent bystander in the drunken archer tavern. You don’t really have a choice...

Character Sheet:

Name:
Class:

Personality:

Appearance:

Advantages:
Disadvantages:

Stats:
Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Magic:

Equipment:

History:
Brief History:
Family:
Friends:

For fear of ripping off DnD games here are the stats. An average human is stated around 9, 10, and 11.
Max Stat is 18 at this level (to go up as you progress) - Points to spend 60

Stats:
Strength: How strong your character is, this will also reflect on how much damage he can cause in combat and with melee weapons.
Dexterity: How flexible your character is, or how skilled, if he is really good with a longbow, or want him to be able to free run across buildings this is the way to choose.
Constitution: How much battering your character can take before he goes down like a bag of shit.
Intelligence: This is how cleaver your character is, what they may know about the world, or creatures, or maybe how to kill creatures that most others wouldn’t know about.
Magic: How powerful your spells are, in all aspects. (It may be damage for a fireball, or how long a magical shield will hold, or how real an illusion looks)

Please pick One advantage and One disadvantage. (if you have any ideas of your own, PM me and we'll work something out)
Advantages:
Lucky- affects any luck rolls in a positive way
Favour- Someone in a high up place owes you a favour for what ever reason. (Only 1 person may have a Favour, first come, first serve, to be discussed with me via PM)
Talented- +3 to a single stat
Blessed- Angels are watching out for you
Affinity to an element- whether it be earth, fire, water, wind, electricity, you benifit more because of it.

Disadvantages:
Unlucky- affects any luck rolls in a negative way
Nemisis- You have a Nemisis, this person wants you to suffer in life, they don’t want you to die, no... that would be too good of an end for you. (Only 1 person may have a Nemisis, first come, first serve, to be discussed with me via PM) (Potentially already taken by Caim)
Untalented- -3 to a single stat
Split personality- you have a split personality, an Evil half to yourself which I will play. (Only 1 person may have a split personality, first come, first serve, to be discussed with me via PM) (Potentially already taken by Keiran depending on his CS)
Weakness to an element- whether it be earth, fire, water, wind, electricity, you suffer more because of it.

[b]ACCEPTED
:

Caim- Ethan Blackwell
TsunaXionus- Scias Dergion
Timer- Nefireous
Keiran- Severus Prince
Alcas- Garrath Black
Wins2- Erederis

NPCs:
Siren
Amber

~Rules~

These need to be followed during the course of the RP.

1~ No god-modding! I will have ZERO tolerance with it. If it was by accident, I will ask for an edit. If I get complaining, I will ask you to leave.

2~ Stay on my good side. I’m a great person and very reasonable. If you get on my nerves, I will kick you out. Respect me and I will do the same to you.

3~ Be prepared for anything. I am adding some things in this RP that some people might not approve of, but just keep in mind that your character can very well die or lose in this RP. If they do, make preparations for making a new character to keep playing or leave. The choice is up to you.

4~ If a death is in order, I will be the one to call the shots! If you have some plan on dying by some other player, send it to me through the PM’s. I will end up killing characters mostly though.

5~ Please use correct spelling and grammar! Now, if you knew Kyuu when she played on here, she was the grammar and spelling Nazi. I am not that, but please try to read over your posts to make sure if you missed something. If you need to, use Mozilla or Word to spell check your posts. If you made a couple mistakes, I will not say anything.

6~ Please follow everything on your CS! From the personality to the stats, everything should be played accordingly. I have a reason why the stats have been created, and that’s to keep people from god-modding.
Last edited by Ultimate destroyer on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Location: Unspecified location, plotting... Always Plotting...

Re: Heroic Tales- The Epilogue OOC *SIGN UPS OPEN*

Postby Caim » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:14 pm

I'll have my CS up soon, though I'll probably need some help with a few things. ^_^;

EDIT: Well, here's what I was able to get done without finishing up on the nemesis thing. I'm sorry if anything's lacking, pretty much all of it can be edited if it's needed.

Character Sheet:

Name: Ethan Blackwell
Class: Assassin (or alternatively: "Sneaky bastard who kills people" XD)

Personality: As far as assassins go, Ethan is fairly friendly and outgoing, though the habits his training instilled in him do mean that he can be somewhat paranoid at times. While no stranger to the darker side of the world, Ethan steadfastly refuses to break his personal moral code. Unfortunately his unwillingness to compromise his principles has proved...inconvenient at times, and deep down causes him to seriously question his competence as an assassin when compared to a certain, much more ruthless, "friend" of his.

Appearance: Ethan has medium-lengthed light brown hair and bright blue eyes. While his skin is slightly pale and his body a little on the thin side, Ethan is fairly toned and muscled thanks to his training and "profession". Overall, he's rather attractive, though not to the point of being particularly memorable by his looks alone. Ethan usually prefers to wear a suit of light leather armor, occasionally with a bandanna mask to conceal his features, whenever he isn't somewhere he considers to be safe. His regular clothing is usually more or less middle class, certainly a cut above the sort of thing peasants would wear, though it usually isn't too fanciful unless it's part of a disguise to infiltrate an upper-class party or something.

Advantages: Lucky

Disadvantages: Nemesis

Stats:
Strength: 15
Dexterity: 22
Constitution: 13
Intelligence: 14
Magic: 13

Equipment: Short sword, a dagger,a bow with a quiver full of arrows, and a set of thieves tools (lock-picks, grease to silence noisy door hinges, etc.). Ethan also keeps a small leather purse filled with dirt strapped to his belt. It's very useful for tricking potential thieves and gaining an advantage in a fight.

He also keeps a variety of other tools, usually used for utility purposes unless the situation forces him to improvise.
-ten small throwing knives, usually strapped across his chest for easy acess-
-back-up dagger in a boot-holster-
-grappling hook with enough rope to make sure that it's actually useful-
-garrot wire, handy for silencing and strangling (preferably into unconciousness) unaware opponents-
-several vials of poison, all of with induce either paralysis or drowziness. No lethal stuff-
-a blackjack to KO individuals wherever feasible-
-rags that can be tied or wrapped around his boots to further muffle his footsteps-

History: Ethan and his sister, Kathrin, were orphaned at a very young age when their parents died. The pair were forced to grow up as scum on the streets, just barely eakking out a living through petty crime and begging for any scraps of food they could get. Fortunately they managed to attract the attention of the council of assassins after a pickpocketing incident and were quickly apprenticed. While there had always been some resentment between the two, mostly because of Kathrin bossing him around, their training only seemed to bring it to the surface as they both sought to outdo the other. Things eventually came to a head when it became obvious that Ethan was their master's favored student, though whether it was because of genuain skill or simply because their master enjoyed tormenting him more than his sister was debatable. Either way, Katherin quickly became fed up with it and managed to find another, more brutal, master to train her.

By the time the pair met again as fully-trained assassins, their differences couldn't have been more pronounced. Whereas Ethan preffered to only take contracts he felt were justified and tried to avoid killing non-targets where he could, Kathrin seemed to enjoy stalking and executing her prey in the cruelest ways she could, sometimes going out of her way to kill their guards even after the target was dead. Still, the two were able to put their differences aside and work together to advance themselves in the organization. They were still brother and sister afterall, who else could they trust to not backstab the other the second it was most convienant? Things were going along almost perfectly, until one of their more challanging contracts went wrong.

There wound up being a witness when the pair assasinated their target, a woman almost as young as they were who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally Kathrin wanted to silence, but Ethan...disagreed, much more adamantly than ever before. The witness wasn't a guard or hired thug who'd kill them in a heartbeat given the chance, just an unlucky bystander. Their argument quickly dissentegrated into a fight that ended only once Ethan nearly slashed open his sister's cheek.

Of course, Kathrin didn't just take it lying down. Ethan returned to his room to find what was left of the woman he though he'd saved after his sister had finished torturing her to death. She'd left a note attatched to the corpse declaring that for all his skill he was too soft and naive for the world they lived in, and that she wouldn't rest until he was either "toughened" enough to stop being dead weight to her career in the assassins, or dead. Suffice to say, that was the last time they ever worked together.

Brief History: Orphaned with his sister at a very young age, they were both trained to be assassins but later had a very messy fight over what to do with a witness. Ethan went his seperate ways from his sister after that and has been focousing on his contracts ever since.

Family:(Sister) Kathrin Blackwell, (Unwanted nicknames: Kat or Kitty)- Ethan’s older sister of two years, always squabbling as children she used her age against him. For a time they both worked under Master Solomon, until she took off on her own, getting the more brutal Assassin Master to train her.

Friends:Master Solomon- the man who took the place of his father and his employer, Master Solomon is a sadistic and strict individual, more than once he has been known to trap doors with poison needles, or contact poison to keep young Ethan on his toes. He is a secretive man and an unpredictable one.
Last edited by Caim on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Wins2 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm using my old cs I just have to make it fit with the new stuff.

Postby Keiran » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 pm

I’ll have one up soon.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:30 am

Wins2 wrote:I'm using my old cs I just have to make it fit with the new stuff.

Lol i hope you've improved your RP style Wins if your using your old character :P hate for you to get stuck in the past.
On the other hand it'll make things interesting when you meet some of the old NPCs ;)

@Caim- I like him :) I'll talk to you about Nemisis later and get that sorted out, (if your not online tonight, i'll send you a PM) Accepted as long as the background and stuff gets done

Postby Wins2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 am

Hey Ud I was wondering do the old characters still have their powers from the last game?

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 am

PM me what your powers are. Chances are No, because it wouldn't be fair to new starters in the RP,

Postby TsunaXionus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:16 am

hey UD, do we need a spell list or not?...if yes where?
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 am

No spell list needed, If you want to put in a brief explanation of your characters most used spells that may be good.

Magic is down to the imagination.

For example:
Magic-18 you can cast all kinds of things, Fireballs, a magical rope to help you descend the mountain. a floating platform to cross the chasm...

Magic- 7 can do exactly the same thing. but not to the same degree. If I deem something to be 'too hard' for the Magic level you possess, then bad things will happen. I'll make a luck role, (the lower the magic, the higher the chance of failure)

so Although someone with Magic 7 COULD create a floating platform to cross the chasm, it will be alot harder RP wise. and the chances of it becoming unstaple and vanishing while you're crossing are higher.... and that would be bad for your health.

(hope this made sense, not all magic is offensive, i'll do a better discription when i return from work)

Off to work, see you in 8-9 hours x

Postby TsunaXionus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:39 am

Finished my CS

Name: Scias Dergion
Class: Paladin

Personality: Scias is a Noble and selfrighteous person who will give up his life for justice. He is stubborn and believes those who cannot fend for themselves and need to be protected from foes who are not equal to his strength do not deserve to live in this world. Though he has a gentle heart to those who truly need it such as women, children, and mortally wounded men but, if a man in perfect condition and cannot fend for himself he shows no mercy. He is a true warrior and fights with honor. He also is a very conceited person thus one who cannot knock him down to his knees in a fist fight is what he calls "useless". He feels great joy giving lectures to those who do not know about the greatness of justice. He is easily blinded by justice and strength that he may forget about compassion and kill criminals without second thought.

Appearance: Scias stands 6'3 and has a very strong and agile body. He has bright green eyes and short dark brown. He wear heavy armor made of silver and iron with golden design around the back of the cuirass and pauldrons. White cloth is position in between armor plates and the cloth covering the Chestplate of his armor has a golden "chi rho" on it. His Iron boots have golden lining of design. His gloves are leather with armor around it.

Advantages: Affinity to Fire
Disadvantages: Corrupted Voice( A Crazed old man messing with head)- Yes I have Permission to have this

Stats:
Strength: 22
Dexterity: 13
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 11
Magic: 13

Equipment: His sword "Abalria" has a bright golden hilt which is about 12 inches with brown leather around its grip(takes up the 10 inches). Its blade is 45 inches in length and 3 inches in width and is covered with runes. It is about 4 kg in weigth but is carried like a broadsword.

History:

Brief History:A Nobleman from a highclass family he grew up a spoiled concieted richboy and soon became the best of the best. Upon wandering through a forest he stumbled upon a glowing stone upon curiosity and a little greed he took it and it gave him enormous power that he became more knowlegable about magic but suddenly a cost of a voice of an old man started to haunt him more and more. He soon became a very respected hero but noone knows why or what is his outbreaks of asking for silence is about.

Family:
Raymond Dergion(Father)- A strong upright man who is very rich and respected.
Marie Anfwatelle Dergion(Mother)- A kind woman who is humble and well known.
Derrion Dergion(1st child, older brother)- A strong and wise scholar.
Lucille Dergion(2nd child, older sister)- A beautiful and virgin moonmaiden.
Danviek Dergion(3rd child, older brother)- A humble monk, Disowned by father for an unknown reason.
Anteon Dergion(5th child, younger brother)- A little boy who loves to play.

Friends:
Gin Antheas- A Royal Knight, His best friend.
Lilium Fresterain- The Oracle of the forest.
Last edited by TsunaXionus on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a devilishly talented butler"

Location: Temple of the Damned in the center of the underworld

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:18 am

Ultimate, can I get your permission to use "Big ol' Gor'fek" from the old RP?

Postby Timer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:11 am

Name: Nefireous (pronounced N-E-FIR-E-OUS
Race: Human, Magically altered/Werewolf
Class: Specialist see background

Personality: Nefireous has always slight reclusive, hiding behind her past. She has a creative flare being both an artist and a singer. She has a stubborn streak, when she decided to do something she will…Even if it takes time and effort beyond its worth. Overall she interfaces well others and has a soft spot for people who are willing to go to the effort for her, she has no prior relationships.

Appearance: Standing at just under five foot six she is built to be deceptively strong, she sports the body of a woman much weaker and a lot more “dainty” than she should be. Her limbs and torso are perfectly proportioned for that of a woman meant for house and wifehood rather than the job she has been bred for. Her brown hair is long enough to just touch her lower back, at the front it frames her face with bangs which are usually pinned up into the rest of her hair when on the job. Her face is dainty like her body, her large deep blue eyes and a wonder to behold, she complements this with a relatively small nose and lips that seem to carry a rosy natural colour. Her body is well built, a seemingly perfect complement of muscle to fat which sits in all the right places, however she is not one to show it off, Her right shoulder now bears a large circular scar from where she was shot by Guther, Usually clad in thick cured leather armour, adorned with golden buckles and engraved with runic symbols.. she wears a deep red cloak on her back which comes with a fitted hoot and is lightly enchanted to be water proof. At all times she wears a thick leather belt which (apart from holding her trousers up) carries two drop scabbards on either side, a scram dagger on her back and two re-enforced leather pouches.. the seams of which a covered in steel to prevent a person using a dagger to cut them away encase of theft, Her trousers are made of a tight and fitting but supple material that (as well as being enchanted to be water proof once again) try to increase her mobility as much as possible, Her feet are clad in functional black boots, waterproof again, they have brass buckles to allow her to fit all manner of different thing to them (such as climbing gear or wider soles to help walking on snow).

Advantages: Talented – Being bred for war Nefireous is a little better that the average solider.
Regeneration (slow) – Coming from her New Were form, Nefireous can now slowly regenerate damage; This is absolutely halted by silver.
Disadvantages: Were/Dark Prime – The beast inside her has began to bring together the darker shards of Nefs personality, resulting in a form of a split personality now known as “dark prime”, Dark Prime is linked into her powers as a Were and so Nef has to lose herself to become the beast.. This is both a very good and very bad thing.

Stats:
Strength: 22
Dexterity: 22
Constitution: 17
Intelligence: 17
Magic: 3

Strong, Supple and Cunning are her all over, and she’s now pretty good at carrying on in a fight ether, however due to how she was created most of her magical ability was stunted… she can produce a small flame to light a camp fire, or waterproof her clothing.. but outside of that she’s pretty much useless… she hopes that getting some experience in the field may allow her to reawaken the magic her tribe possesses, however she wouldn’t hold her breath.. she’d pick being smarter, faster or stronger any day.

Equipment: Banded leather armour, This armour was handed down to her by the last village champion, its constructed of cured black leather engraved with runes which only her tribe or people with knowledge of her tribe can understand (this language has come about in the six years after the splitter war started, and the fall of Alexandria). It includes poldrens and van braces, there is also a helmet, however Nefireous believes it hinders her more than it would protect her.
Water proof clothing and bag pack.
Two Rapiers, one on either side of her body.
Three daggers,
• One Eighteen inch dagger which serves as her Scram and is attached to her back
• One Six inch dagger attached to the inside her right leg
• One four inch “Stiletto” dagger, which is attached to a scabbard on the inside of her shirt, underneath her bra, The Stiletto is crafted of a usually flexible metal that reacts to air, its scabbard being air tight, making it nearly undetectable to sight and patting down. When pulled out the metal hardens instantly, being so thin it is only useful against un-armoured targets and the process is irreversible without magic, making it one use only. She has five of these daggers in total; however she only has one on her person at a time.
A Crossbow, custom build out of metals and bone, this bow is made to be fully adjustable to her required strength, she has a silk wrap she can put around the string to silence the weapon, but this also reduces its power and range, she has twenty bolts
Guther's Pistol, Hidden on her right side just under her armor is a holster containing the pistol that Guther dropped after his fight with her, after a little practice and some instruction from a spirit she knows how to fire and prime this weapon, In a belt pouch she carries thirty extra bullets.
Ten one inch throwing knifes which are hidden in her left pouch
Field rations for six days, water in a sealed container suitable for twice as long as regular water until opened.
A crowbar
A lock picking kit
A silk rope (50ft) and collapsible grappling hook
A climbing kit
Snow/sand walking soles for her boots.

History:
The Splitter that brought down Alexandria wasn’t normal.. Everyone could see that from our village in the mountains surrounding the basin which the sky city fell into and they knew that nothing good would come of it. I was barely even alive in my mother when it happened... However this event would change my life forever. The village elders and the Master shaman, got it into their heads that new type of person could be created, they called it a “proto-human” the shaman could see that magic was flowing freely from the crash site, that souls were escaping from the splitters, so many souls, all going to help no-one... The shaman practiced blood magic.. Illegal I know, but in our little tribe it didn’t matter as long as it got the job done. My mother being the only one with child was picked to be “the new savour of our tribe”, my mother being a naïve woman knew nothing of the terrors they had in store.

She was placed in a ritual circle which was directly in alignment to the path the souls were taking out of this world, towards the heart of worlds. She was made to live there for the entire time she carried me, while they poked and prodded my soul, trying to get the perfect reaction and...well I think they did, Not that it helped my mother, she died passing me into this world, the power too great for her to sustain any longer. I was born at the crack of dawn and it was seen as a sign of the world that I was meant for great things. It was months before I could not only crawl, but walk and run, a year before not only could I speak our language... But some that not even the tribesman had heard of, the souls in my body seems to be developing me faster and better than a human should be, I needed no teachers the souls provided the knowledge they knew, I needed no work my body seemed to react and change to need.

The more I think the more I know, every action I took to become stronger.. faster.. was tripled.. then it seemed to stop, by the age of six it seems that the magic had “run out”, the souls growing quiet in my head.. Having provided me with all I needed to know, my body was well... Some would say perfect..for my age anyway, My muscles contained a strength and speed that meant I should be at least twice as broad but it retained the shapes and curves that many women would desire.. But that is not important, I left following a call in my head, a repeating name that some memory had provided “Siren...”

Brief History: Developed to be “the perfect warrior” Nefireous was created using a mana siphon to capture the souls of the dead and funnel them into her developing body while in the womb of her mother, This caused her body when born to develop at an alarming rate, her body is perfectly developed for an eighteen year old girl, her personally matches but her intelligence seems to be of somebody twice that.
She left her home chasing the whispers of a soul trapped in her body, it guides her to a man she only knows a Siren.

Family: Her father died while hunting, attacked and killed by a soul splitter, Her mother died giving birth. She was raised by the village elders, however she didn’t particularly have a good relationship with them.

Friends: Toby, A boy she met at the age of 5 (17 in her “body/personality” age), and the first person she ever made “friends” with, usually she tended to not keep friends as she would quickly out grow those people, however with her growth slowing to normal she decided to get to know people.
Toby is the son of the Villages Shaman, he doesn’t possess his father’s ethics however (which is mainly a reason they are friends, sharing a common dislike for what happened to create her), he is in line to become the next Shaman after his father dies.
Last edited by Timer on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:38 pm

Timer- Accepted (although you need your disadvantage)

TsunaXionus- Accepted, I really like him :D

Iris- You can if you like, but 'magical' creatures have a stronger chance of catching the plague. :P He was always a good laugh :)

Edit:
OMG I is awesome! :D I've just written up the intro for the three that have been accepted, you will love it. The sooner I get more players, the sooner you can see :D

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Hehe, I'm sure he can tough it out :P.
Though the question is; Is 'lil Fi' still around?

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:47 pm

she is, but she ain't so little anymore, she's a teenager now. (and the start is in a different city)

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Haha, He's an ogre. Everyone (human anyway) is smaller than ol Gor'fek!

Postby Keiran » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:36 am

Name: Severus Prince

Class: Rogue

Personality: Normal Severus is quiet and attentive, with strong yet slightly slanted moral. He could kill without a care and would allow others to harm him to any extent but should someone hurt a young child or small animal he snaps and will mercilessly shred them. He is incredibly intelligent and loves to play with things, usually toys meant for small children which makes those around him look at him as if he was insane. He tends to use snide remarks when he thinks people are idiots, which tends to be quite often. Despite is dangerous appearance and obvious experience in fighting, Severus prefers not to fight and is very kind once you get to know him. Much of the time, it seems as if Severus does not understand simple human interactions, such as hugs and handshakes.

Appearance: Severus had dark brown, nearly black, hair that falls in waves down to his shoulders and intelligent navy blue eyes. His teeth are heavily chipped and he has a constant sneer. His body is covered is white scars and he is very pale, so pale that he looks as if he is constantly sick. He is slightly shorter than average at five-five and he is very lean.

Advantages: Talent
Disadvantages: Split Personality

Stats:
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 17
Constitution: 22
Intelligence: 20
Magic: 6

Equipment: Severus wears a simple light brown leather tunic and dark brown slacks. He also wear dark leather boots that are slightly worn and a wide black leather choker around his neck covering some of his scars. He straps this sword to his back and this dagger to his left hip.

History: His mother abandoned Severus to his abusive and cruel Father when Severus was but three years old, and then she left with a wealthy man from another country. For ten years, Severus endured his Father’s so-called ‘love’ and, because of this, he grew mature far too fast. He endured his father whipping him and chaining him in isolation for months at a time, and much that he can not and does not wish to remember.

But despite all of this abuse directed toward him he made a single friend, one who did not care that he was awkward and could not play roughly, that he didn’t know that touch could be gentle. That was Cinthe, a boy two years older than him, with big blue eyes and deep auburn hair which was always falling into his eyes. This boy laughed often and smiled even more frequently. He was the light of Severus’ life, his only hope, his best friend, his confidante. Cinthe was a great magic user and he wished to be the greatest healer in the world. So when Severus would show him, he would heal the younger boy’s wounds.

On Severus’ thirteenth birthday, his Father sneaked into the young boy’s bedroom, where the young boy was playing with a child’s toy that Cinth had given him, a simple toy where you just move a small ring along a simple path. He grabbed Severus from behind and started to choke him. As Severus’ vision went black he could almost hear this scream of ‘NO!’. When the boy awoke, he was in the hallway with blood on his hands and he couldn’t remember why. So he ran to Cinthe’s house after cleaning off and told the other boy what he remembered.

The two left in the middle of the night at Cinthe’s insistence, he figured that the authorities wouldn’t understand what happened between his small friend and his father. And for five years, the two traveled from town to town, Severus going into any fight tournament he could find and Cinthe healing those in the town for money. But then Cinthe started getting sick and though Severus tried to help, Cinthe died of the mysterious plague and Severus, with minimal magic didn’t catch it.

Severus realised he had to stop this plague before someone else like him was hurt because they could save their own loved one. So he strapped his sword to his back and his dagger from his belt and walked off in search of those who could aid him on his quest, people like him looking for the disease’s cure.

Brief History: An abused child with a dead friend, Severus seeks to stop the plague so no one else is hurt; all the while his dark half lingers, waiting for it’s moment to be set free.

Family: Mother; Whereabouts Unknown
Father; Deceased, Killed by Severus’ Dark Dide

Friends: Cinthe; Deceased, Killed by the Plague
Last edited by Keiran on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 am

Keiran- Accepted, he's very well done :) Except, 18 is the max stat, and Talented can't push that over the top. There will be more points to spend as you level up. Change that and i'll put you on later on

Edit:
Oh, and i'm making your NPC today, a Mage if your interested :P

Stats:
Strength: 8
Dexterity: 8
Constitution: 9
Intelligence: 17
Magic: 18

Advantage: Favor
Disadvantage: unlucky lol

You can now see that leaving everything for the NPC to do would be a baaad idea.... she has just as many stat points to play with, and she's really unlucky.... which won't end well. Will do her history and stuff later, i'm off for my day release at collage.

Postby Keiran » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 am

Fixed, sorry about that UD.
Ooh, this is going to be fun. Is it going to switch to the NPC during great stress or is there going to be another trigger?

Postby Alcas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Recycling a name that I like from an RP that isn’t going to start most likely.
Character Sheet:

Name: Garrath Black
Class: Mage

Personality: Garrath is often unintentionally rude, especially with the introduction of liquor. More often than not if you walk into the tavern that he is staying at, you will see him being menaced by some burly farmer who has taken offense to some joke or comment he has made. Rather than setting the man alight screaming for the nearest trough of water, Garrath will try to talk his way out of it, or if nothing else take the beating and fix whatever damage his face has taken later. He feels that anything he gets was probably deserved on account of his mouth, and sees no need in further harassing a person he has insulted by throwing them through a wall. He is a compassionate soul and although he sells his magical expertise he finds it hard to deny a request for help even when no reward is offered.

Appearance: 5’11”, 175 lbs. Blue eyes. brown hair. He has an average frame that is composed of lean muscle. Having a background that started on a farm did have some advantages. His dark brown hair hangs to the nape of his neck and he often has to sweep his bangs out of his eyes though they only protrude a centimeter or so below his brow. He wears simple clothing most often in browns and whites. He does have two sets of mage’s robes that he often uses when providing his magical services to people, a white and black robe and then a red and gold robe.
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/image ... 291725.jpg both robes like this but with the above color schemes.

Advantages: Talented (Magic)
Disadvantages: Weakness to Lightning

Stats:
Strength: 11
Intelligence: 15
Magic: 19 + 3

Equipment: Rosewood staff- The deep rich red of the wood is complimented by the Dark red Jewel that is encrusted within the staff a hand and a half from the top, which is exactly his hand rests when he carries it. The jewel helps focus his powers more than he is normally capable of doing. Though the jewel is red it isn’t a ruby or type of diamond and Garrath never to ask his mentor.

He also carries a bow and arrows, primarily for hunting, though he does have 3 specially crafted arrows with crystal heads that he can focus magical energy into. Can be used for a second focal point in long range magic such as making a bridge

Other things that he carries include a number of hand tools for shaping rough jewels, which he eagerly accepts as payment for his services as other mages are willing to pay high prices for a well-cut jewel, His own personal set of focusing stones that include most of the more common precious stones and jewels, a dagger for personal protection, and various other odds and ends for surviving in the wilderness between villages and towns.

History:
Coming from a long line of spell casters and sorcerers Garrath’s father possessed only a small amount of the magical talent of their family, but Garrath, unlike his father, who had settled down to become a farmer, possessed an enormous talent for magic. His ability to touch the magical power in and around him was above average even as a child. His grandfather, a slightly renowned wizard and much more skilled in the arcane than his son, offered to take Garrath at the age of 6 and train him to control his magic. Under the watchful eye of his grandfather, Garrath soon learned to keep his power under control and was sent back to his family.

Until he was 14 he led a normal life as a farmer, but his grandfather, irritated that his only son had become a farmer and that his grandson seemed to be heading toward the same, soon came again asking to once again take Garrath away for training, but that this time he might not return for years. Though his parents were loathe to separate from their son for so long, Garrath chose to go with his grandfather. The next 5 years were a never-ending regiment of arduous training and ceaseless studying. Osric insisted on his pupil’s education in a number of ancient languages and vigorous physical training before he would even think of teaching him magic. The first year and a half consisted of this. The last three and a half years were even harder, because his grandfather still expected Garrath to keep up his studies and physical training along with his apprenticeship to him.

When he was 19 he was given one more year with his family before Osric took him away on a “quest”. This particular “quest” involved transporting Garrath to the other side of the continent before leaving him with his mage’s staff and the words “ Don’t come back until your worthy of your final test.” It’s been two years since then and six years since the fall of Alexandria, Garrath makes his living offering his healing and enchanting services to various towns and villages, often finding a doctor or blacksmith to work for. In the more remote villages he has actually earned a little renown as a selfless spellcaster willing to aid the weak but sometimes more known as the “swindling mage who gouged me for his services!” to those who are more fortunate in life. Recently he has noticed the plague which has struck the land. As a healer he has had to deal with a small number of cases already. He feels as though it is his duty as a healer and as Osric's apprentice to find what is causing the plague and to try to stop it.

His magical speciality is enchanting and healing, but he isn't a slouch with offensive, defensive, or mundane magic because of this.

Weakness to lightning explanation: After his first lightning based spell backfired on him he has always held an aversion to this particular element. It isn't so much that he is particularly weak against it for some physical reason, other than being mostly water like all people, but because he rarely uses the element and consequently doesn't know how to defend against it as completely as he does other elements of magic. In fact he would be more likely to shy away from a fight with a weaker mage using lightning, than a stronger one using all other elements at once.

Brief History:
The apprentice and grandson of a powerful wizard, Osric, Garrath wants to stop the plague for two reasons: The first is to find a way to save those already afflicted and prevent anymore from falling victim. The second is to become worthy of his final test as an apprentice.

Family:
Father: Alban Black
Mother: Samantha Black
Grandfather: Osric Black

Friends:

Ramse: a rather resourceful rogue (alliteration for the win) that he knows only by the name Ramse. Anytime he “comes across” any uncommon precious stones he knows that Garrath will be interested, and so he brings them to him straight away. Garrath sees it as an amenable relationship. He gets to purchase these jewels that he can either use himself or sell them to any other mage or shop dealing in such things for a profit, in exchange for his services as a healer and enchanter and a discounted finder’s fee. Just as long as he doesn't ask which wealthy sop is light a few ounces of jewelry.
Last edited by Alcas on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wins2 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Alright here it is.
Name: Erederis
Class: Hunter

Personality: Erederis is a strong willed person he knows what’s right he won’t stand for those who prey upon the weak but he also likes a challenge. He is the kind of person who will challenge you to a battle no matter how strong you are. Although he is brave he is not a fair fighter in the least he will set up traps in the area of battle to give himself an advantage if he can, although he has been able to fight without them. Due to his living in the wilderness for a good portion of his life he has developed an appreciation for nature and loves animals and they love him.

Appearance: Erederis is about 6’4” has brown hair and brown eyes while he spends most of his time in the wilderness he wears clothes that all the normal people wear. He believes armor of any kind will hinder his battle performance. His hair is long so he ties it up in a braid reaching the back of his neck. He also wears a necklace with the teeth and claws of some of the animals he has encountered. This necklace has teeth and claws of animals that either willingly gave them up or Erederis fought to survive in the wilderness. Even after six years Erederis hasn’t change much except for a little bit of aging but overall not much has changed.

Advantages: Affinity to Earth

Disadvantages: Weak to lightning

Stats:
Strength: 17
Intelligence: 14
Magic: 4

Equipment: Erederis has a steel short sword sheathed in a scabbard tied around his waist. He also has a bow and a quiver full of arrows Erederis also carries small sacks full of elemental bombs that release small amounts of elemental charges. Although Erederis has these bombs with all the magic disturbances over the past six years they are in limited supply.

History: Erederis was raised in the woods with his family in a small cottage His father supported his family by hunting animals bringing home fire wood etc… As the son of an outdoors man he of course learned everything he knows from his father and learned it at a young age. By age 10 he was camping out on his own enjoying nature, fishing, hunting, playing with animals, and learning about them. It wasn’t all fun and games though; sometimes he had to fight off the animals trying to steal his food, supplies, and even his life. One day after coming back from hunting at the age of 12 he discovered his house was burnt down it seemed that bandits had came and attacked. He saw the bodies of his parent’s right outside the cottage dead he broke down crying as his house burned to the ground. With nowhere to go he resorted to living in the woods with animals with interacting with them for so long he began to understand them. He eventually began traveling the world of Albion discovering interacting with the animals he meets along the way doing quest and jobs with their help.

It’s been six years since Alexandria fell And Victoria had achieved her goals forcing Erederis and many others to flee for their lives. When Erederis escaped he fled along with his wolf Magdalen, and as they lived together in the wilderness living their lives with little to no cares it wouldn’t be long before everything they knew would change. The magical disturbances made it impossible to use his magical powers, and when the plague hit Maggie fell victim to it and died not too soon after catching it. Erederis having lost the closest thing he’s had to family in a long time vowed to find out what is causing this plague and stop so no one else has to feel the same loss as him.
Brief History: Erederis had a family they were killed by bandits, lived in the wilderness and raised himself. Then he took the quest to stop Victoria, failed, and then went on with his life with a wolf he rescued during. The world went to hell lost the only family he’s had in a while and now he vows to stop the madness.

Family: None they are all dead.

Friends: Erederis doesn’t have any human friends but he has animal friends.
Last edited by Wins2 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:41 am

Keiran: I meant 'your' as a player group.
I have something a little less..... Tackless for your other personality

Alcas- Accepted, ah he's an amazing character

wins2- Accepted, I'm impressed! your CS making skills have certainly improved, I hope they've had a knock on effect and to be getting some awesome posts from you as well.

Edit:
Accepted characters updated (will put links on later on if I can remember how to do it) with 6 plays and 1 NPC so far I will be ready to start the RP by the end of this weekend at the latest, My aim is to get it up and running tonight or tomorrow.

I am currently working on an introductory post, so you've all got your own little bit to come in with, I have a way to bring in late characters, but getting it done before I start is preferable.

Sign ups will close tonight, Iris, MG and Er_Ode have characters in the making, and will be allowed to come into the RP, but after that, (at least for the moment) sign ups will close TONIGHT!

Postby Iris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:03 am

Give me a shout if things need to be changed.

Name: Gor’fek
Race: Ogre
Class: Warrior / Mercenary

Personality: Gor’fek is a true ogre mercenary in many ways; Loyal, kind, protective yet terribly dim-witted, being unable to read or even understand maps often having to wander into terrified villages and towns to ask for directions (after much coaxing.) It should be noted that Gor’fek isn’t scared easily since he is top of the food chain or at least in his small mind.

He is also rather clumsy with his strength, more simply due to him forgetting how ‘fragile’ humans are but always tries to have his heart in the right place. Gor’fek is also an extreme omnivore..... he eats anything and anyone he doesn’t like, dead, alive or decaying, it doesn’t matter to him.
He also doesn’t fully understand human currency and at times he’s swindled because of it. However if he finds out he’s been cheated by his former employer... there’ll be nothing left of him to bury.

Appearance: At a staggering 9ft, Gor’fek truly represents his race. Large, muscular and has a massive paunch (In other words, he’s rather fat), he is an intimidating sight to behold. His pale grey skin is tough like cured leather after years spent in the savage mountains to the far east.
Gor’fek’s face is rather brutish due to his teeth which are numerous and designed to chomp and chew through any material, like most ogres he’s bald, has small brown eyes and a coarse black beard.
He wears large red breeches with numerous stains and hastily done patches, black iron-shod boots and metal shield or ‘gut-plate’ around his stomach. Attached to the leather strap that holds the gut-plate are two small chests which act as pockets, holding his gold and other valuables. Other than that he walks around bare-chested even during cold winters.
Appearnce based on them

Advantages: Talented (Strength)
Disadvantages: Untalented (Intelligence)

Stats:
Strength: 22 (19+3)
Dexterity: 12
Constitution: 22
Intelligence: 2 (5-3)
Magic: 2

Equipment: He carries a self built “mace”. The staff stands roughly 4ft with a boulder the size of a man’s arm bolted and caged at the end, making it 7ft in length. His only protective gear is his gut-plate.

History: 6 years ago Gor’fek was one of the original members of the group ‘hired’ by the mage Victoria but while travelling across the sea, the ogre was thrown overboard during a battle with pirates. Due to his buoyant body Gor’fek was able to float back to shore even though it did take a couple days. He never learnt what happened to the others though he does remember them fondly. He does understand that his employer did something bad... and had tried to us him to achieve it. He tried fruitlessly to find her but with his poor understanding of direction he didn’t get far.

Instead he choose to focus once more on his mercenary ways, drifting from terrified town to terrified town looking for jobs. At times he did common work such as help build a home to more hazardous work like defending an isolated villages from roving bandits. The ogre didn’t care as long as he got food to fill his appetite he was willing to do most jobs, however he refused to attack little ones due to them reminding him of a certain human girl, going out of his way to try and make them happy (though most of the time he scared them). He still tries to visit the little girl and her father whenever he can.

Brief History: A wandering mercenary looking for a new job. Possibly lost and definitely hungry.
Family: Has a large tribe off to the far east, left to fulfil his wander-lust half a century ago.

Friends: “Lil Fi” and her father are the only humans, Gor’fek truly considers as friends who are still alive. Though he does think of them more as extended members of his tribe which makes him fiercely protective of them.
Last edited by Iris on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Heroic Tales- The Epilogue OOC *sign ups closed*

Postby Ultimate destroyer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:23 pm

iris- Accepted, although, your stats are exacly the same as having no advantage or disadvantage :P which is silly :P

also the IC is up!!!! lets roll!

Re: Heroic Tales- The Epilogue OOC *sign ups closed*

Postby Iris » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Hehe, I know but Gor'fek couldn't really be described in any other way since he doesn't have any rival nor is he proficent with magic to have an affinity/ weakness with an element.

So I figued it was best to go with talented and untalented. Besides I couldn't have a negative on intelligence now could I :P.

P.S. The intro for the IC is perfectly fine, hehe sleeping in a stable is something he'd do since it's nice and close to the foo- I mean friendly animals.

Next

Return to Role Playing