Rat Race Space RP OOC (Sign Ups ARE CLOSED to new people)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Rat Race Space RP OOC (Sign Ups ARE CLOSED to new people)

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:35 am

Yup, last ship. Should be up by tonight, I wanted the cruisers to be uniform so they're the same as each other for versatility's sake
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Zako » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 am

Uh Timer. All the fighters and bombers are returning to defend their carrier. They are too far away now. Your making a light show.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Timer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

Well its a very pretty light show then :p

i will edit.. just write as if the Celestial is firing her main weapons at the same targets as the Ragnroks mass drivers

Postby Zako » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:08 pm

So currently:

Alcas is about to accomplish his primary mission goal, boarding the Ronin.

Slipslash is about to fail his primary mission since he took the confrontation route.

Timer has gathered intel on the mysterious cargo's destination. He is also about to fail his primary mission goal though. (Edit...he is not. My mistake)

Neowarrior has accomplished his primary mission on sneaking into the base and gathering intel on the mysterious cargo's destination. How he can steal the IP blocking device is another story.
Last edited by Zako on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 am

How am i failing my primary objective?

My objective was to "Scan the base using spy probes" which i've done..
zako wrote: A Kissaki Research base is located in one of the moons. Your mission is to observe the base using spy probes.

Postby Zako » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 am

Oops. I forgot about that. You were busy fighting over the transport so I thought your were part of the Transport Ronin mission.

My mistake.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:51 am

lol tis fair enough :p
I decided to get my mission done earlier with my probe then kick around for a bit.. that mean i've completed mine then ?

Postby Zako » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 am

Yeah you completed the mission. Slips and Alcas are the only ones not done but Alcas is about to complete his while Slip's is still fighting.

The way I see it, Alcas is in a position to grab the crew and run. Slips has no chance of catching them so right now he's kinda banking on firing on them.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 am

Sounds cool.. I think i should be able to hold the cruisers.. but dependent on the damage they take from my close combat weapons the Celestial might get damaged..

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 am

Umm Zako, you know the Demetrios is near the Mjolner, which is as far from the exploding wreckage of the battleship as possible? Which would mean both would see the things coming in way before they start shooting?

(Not to mention the Mjolner is armed to the teeth with AC guns, and incomming/outgoing bombers and fighters and gunships)
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Zako » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Hmm. Alright then...I'll go edit but my post still stands...the Demetrios is still damaged from that one maneuver.

You also have one disabled Kissaki frigate and able to catch the fleeing frigates with fighters. Beware frigates can chew up fighters, bombers and somewhat kill gunships.

Also...one everyone is done here, when Alcas and Neowarrior have completed what they wanted to do...new mission orders will be sent to each and everyone one of you. Timer will have to send Slip's the data he got from his probes in order to "inform" his character.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm

And Zako, I hope you know the results of this mission's "winner" (in terms of the Amherst and Eon fleet) was determined more by luck then by actual ability. Ok some of it was ability, but more of it was luck

a mine field will always be easier and quicker to defeat then a fleet much bigger then both our fleets combined. I doubt we would of won if it wasn't for the maneuver by Nova. I understand how the bigger the fleet the bigger the response, but when you have two people who have to fight a long drawn out battle, and one who has to go through one measly minefield who has a far better chance of winning? I'm, not asking you to change anything, just letting you know that Nova's the one who got the short end of the stick. Even IWAR managed to complete their mission. . .

But heh, throw what ever you got at me, we'll just know who among men is a better warrior :twisted:

EDIT: I now understand, that I had two choices: either go after the Amherst fleet as they dealt with the minefield and flank them, sacrificing the IWAR ships for the mission.

or help the IWAR fleet, and sacrifice the mission

Well I guess I completed another mission: Strengthen the relationship between NHSI and IWAR. So it wasn't all a lost cause, but Nova being the type of guy he is will take it as such. So disregard the above argument, heh.

Postby Alcas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Actually your decision that caused you to fail, was ignoring the Ronin and chasing me, if you had gone after the Ronin then, I would have came around the moon with a battleship right on top of the Ronin firing at me while my shields were still down from the minefield. Not only that but if at that time you had simply completed your objective by IPing out of the system with the Ronin (fire on the bridge and kill the crew, make it impossible for them to self destruct, which was my secondary plan), your ships would not have been damaged.

You could have chosen to actually complete your mission at any time rather than obsessively trying to eliminate another player. So it came down not to who is a "better" warrior, but who was a smarter player. After all talking about skill, your using a battleship and you've given yourself every advantage possible, and yet so far your commands have been: "turn this way, fire that way, move this way." and at no time have you used an enemy fleet's position to shield yourself (see last post, after all I could have simply said "haha my shields were strong enough" and then ran away, rather than using any intelligence at all) nor did you use the layout of the battle to give yourself an advantage, and you certainly did not use basic physics in any creative ways.

The one truly intelligent thing you did was to try and sic the Kissaki on me, and that was an idea you stole from me, that you would not have known about if I had not thought it. Using someone's mental or even verbal but still private asides to be omniscient is not appreciated btw.

Then again maybe you're just playing in character, give JC a high five for me.

(This last line is a lot more clever and subtle than I thought it was originally. + 1 internet to the first person who catches what exactly I'm talking about)
Last edited by Alcas on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:16 pm

As a quote I have forgotten who specifically said, once said: "You know, you're like a kind of perpetual downer."

And yes, I was playing in character, for some strange reason, when one attempts to play in as much character with a person as he possibly can, he gets blamed for his mistakes. . .

which is why I mention the above, above line. Nova would be the person who shoots first and asks questions later, I even said that in my CS. No reason to get all bent out of shape about it, sheesh
Last edited by Slipslash on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Alcas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Well then don't pretend that you are some mistreated victim in all this. "Oh woe is me, I'm so good at this, the GM has to take me down himself. I guess I just have to live with it knowing that I am so much better and cooler than everyone else...." sound familiar?

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:25 pm

I expect people to point out my mistakes if I make them so I can correct them, shouldn't the same be done to other posts in regard to mine?

I even said "disregard the above argument" I know, it's my fault I screwed up the mission.

Postby Alcas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm

Nah, sorry that last line was just picking at ya. I was trying to make a joke and be friends again. By calling you God, because your omniscient and then saying give JC (Jesus) a high five. :P
Last edited by Alcas on Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Well I was angry, then fine when I realized it was my own character's (and mine) fault for not getting the mission.

Then angry when you came and knocked me off my happy-stool with a large body of text.

Postby Alcas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:37 pm

That one post was only responding to you calling me a downer (which is sadly true sometimes), I didn't notice that you had edited and you hadn't put the last two lines on your post in yet.

Also you wouldn't have had to sacrifice the IWAR. First they seem perfectly capable of defending themselves, and they had already completed their mission, if they had A. left the area or B. followed you to support you while you grabbed the Ronin, they would have been perfectly fine. The same situation would have occurred. You both get flanked by Kissaki but emerge victorious, while I come rushing into 3 capital class ships armed to the teeth and get destroyed or run away. I don't see anywhere that is required that you sacrifice IWAR, you simply wanted to eliminate me and you paid for it.

No offense bud, I'm just explaining this time. Just showing you what I make of it and what would have led to a successful mission. I got a bit bent out of shape before and I apologize.

Oh and I wasn't saying you shouldn't correct other's posts (I was on your side about half the time, but you were trying to kill me, why help you :P ). Trust me if anyone ever does anything seriously weird to me, I'm not going to hesitate to point it out ( Like I did with timer, but I was mistaken that time.) I was just mad as I said before and was talking about the other things you said in the one post.

also TLDR, but if your reading this it is too late

Postby Zako » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:29 pm

I like to point out a couple things:

1) Neowarrior...you can just grab the cargo crates. Blowing up the station is just going to give you much more trouble later on. Your kinda holding everyone back.

2) Alcas...just jump back to base.

3) Once everyone has jumped back to base. There will be a two week timeskip in which everyone's ships will be repaired to the condition they were before the first mission. New mission orders will be given. Expect to dodge some asteroids in the second mission.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Alcas wrote:"Oh woe is me, I'm so good at this, the GM has to take me down himself. I guess I just have to live with it knowing that I am so much better and cooler than everyone else...." sound familiar?

Sounds like me.. all the time..

J/k.. or am i ;)

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 pm

Zako wrote:I like to point out a couple things:

1) Neowarrior...you can just grab the cargo crates. Blowing up the station is just going to give you much more trouble later on. Your kinda holding everyone back.

Oh. Ok.

Next time, warn me before I start doing that.
For the Greater Good

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:50 pm

UHHHHWHOOOOOAAA. I CAN FEEL NOVA'S RAGE.

(But I say, Neo, that was great on so many levels)

Postby Zako » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:19 pm

Timeskip will now begin. I will post a timeskip and then you guys will be able to post. However, I have mission details being sent via PM so read them carefully before you guys post.

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Tuor » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:05 am

Still dunno how great it is, but here be my CS

-CHARACTER SHEET -

Fleet Commander Name- Alexei “Alex” Onesimov

Corporation- Nardictin-Helbarter Specialized Industrial

Rank- EON 2nd Fleet Admiral

Age- 30

Physical description- Alex stands about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 170 pounds. He is very sturdily built with toned and refined muscles. Alex’s hair is sandy blond in colour, and he has mud brown eyes. His hair would fall a bit past his shoulders, if it were not for the fact that Alex wears an orange bandana tied around his head, a strand of hair sometimes escapes and hangs down by his temple. He normally wears a satin blue button down shirt with half of the buttons undone, exposing a white tank top underneath. The Blue shirt is worn tucked into snug grey slacks, which are in turn shoved into mid calf height black boots. Alex wears a sturdy black belt around his waist, a black pistol holster hangs from the right side and is buckled around his thigh, from the left side hangs a black curved scabbard for his power sabre. He sometimes also wears a grey bomber jacket.
Skills-
• Tactician
• Marksman
• Hand to Hand
Personality- Alex is a rakish man; he’s relatively carefree and not much phases him and he never laments a decision, there’s no use worrying about something he has no control over. As a result he has a relaxed demeanour that can be unnerving because he doesn’t ever seem to be worried. This is not to say Alex is delusional, he is aware of danger and urgency required he is just methodical. Even when he’s fighting he seems to not perceive the gravity of the situation. Alex also possesses a dry sarcastic sense of humour.

History- Alex was born to lower class parents, before he was 8 his father had been killed and his mother battling sickness. Alex became a small time crook, pickpocketting mostly; he fell in with a gang of boys his age in similar tough circumstances and they grew up together, seeing eachother as more of a family than their biological ones. One by one, inevitably, their parents died off from having to take dangerous jobs to get money. Soon the boys were floating free. As they progressed into their teen years they expanded their efforts, branching out into extortion, robbery and gambling rackets. Finally they bought a ship, not much, but it was small and fast. Alex routinely lead the boarding parties, they stripped ships, making their own more formidable and began to hire themselves out as mercenaries. NHSI used them and were delighted with their work as well as the innovations on their ship; they were especially interested in Alex. An offer was made and to him and most of his friends. They all accepted and Alex began to move up the ranks.

Fleet Homeport- Noah 16

------------------------------------
(Your flagship’s very own Character sheet!)

Flagship name – The Wolf

Ship type- Cruiser

Ship class- Zhaitzev

Physical description- The Wolf is a very sleek ship, coloured matte grey and black. It basically resembles a thin three-dimensional oval, which taper to points at both ends and a ridge running along the top, it is made of a very smooth hard metal. The Wolf has ten engines in total. Four are set at the stern of the ship, two on either side. There is also are also three engines spaced out evenly on either side of the body of the ship. The command bridge is at the front of the ship, a wide window the only indicator of its existence. The middle third of the ship has long tinted forcefields covering a long hangar opening. That is to say the whole middle third of the ship is a hangar with exits on either side of the ship.

Weapons –
• To either side of the forward point is a decently sized MAC gun
• The Hangar bays are each covered by three laser batteries, each composed of six guns
• 32 8 m Plasma cannons, two rows of eight cannon on port and starboard side of The Wolf
• A flight of Faxe Gunships and three flights of Cub Fighters
- The Gunships are propelled by 3 engines, one under each wing and a slightly larger one set into the back of the craft. They carry four missiles designed to lock onto and destroy weapons protecting enemy hangars and a 3 m laser placed under the nose of the ship. They can carry a boarding party of eight. The Faxe’s have extremely thick armour almost a foot thick and made out of an alloy that doesn’t conduct heat very well, making them resistant to heat based weapons.
- The Fighters are propelled and indeed built around a single large engine making them very quick. The wing tips of the craft each have a thruster that can be rotated and engaged with the flick of a joystick for quick evasive maneuvers. They have little armour, their speed being their defense. The cockpit is in the nose of the vessel, on top of the vessel slightly behind the cockpit is a 2m plasma cannon on a swiveling mount. Under the very tip of the fighter’s nose are twin heavy machine guns which fire 2.00 cal armour piercing rounds with mass reactive detonator caps, depleted uranium cores. Under each wing at about the midway point are two 1m laser cannons.
• Two batteries of six 5m Fusion missiles, one slightly behind the cockpit and one closer to the stern.
Special characteristics- Hard to hit with it’s sleek, slender shape and dark colour scheme, uncannily quick, the Bear closes with enemies quickly to let it’s rows of plasma cannons go to work and boarding actions to take place.
History – Not much to say the Wolf like all the ships in Alex’s fleet is a fairly new ship.

---------------------------------
(Other ships in your fleet!)

Ship name- The Lynx

Ship type- Cruiser

Ship class- Zhaitzev

Physical description- The cruiser is a very sleek ship, coloured matte grey and black. It basically resembles a thin three-dimensional oval, which taper to points at both ends and a ridge running along the top, it is made of a very smooth hard metal. The ship has ten engines in total. Four are set at the stern of the ship, two on either side. There is also are also three engines spaced out evenly on either side of the body of the ship. The command bridge is at the front of the ship, a wide window the only indicator of its existence. The middle third of the ship has long tinted forcefields covering a long hangar opening. That is to say the whole middle third of the ship is a hangar with exits on either side of the ship.

Weapons –
• The Hangar bays are each covered by three laser batteries, each composed of six guns
• 32 8 m Plasma cannons, two rows of eight cannon on port and starboard side of The Wolf
- The Gunships are propelled by 3 engines, one under each wing and a slightly larger one set into the back of the craft. They carry four missiles designed to lock onto and destroy weapons protecting enemy hangars and a 3 m laser placed under the nose of the ship. They can carry a boarding party of eight. The Faxe’s have extremely thick armour almost a foot thick and made out of an alloy that doesn’t conduct heat very well, making them resistant to heat based weapons.
- The Fighters are propelled and indeed built around a single large engine making them very quick. The wing tips of the craft each have a thruster that can be rotated and engaged with the flick of a joystick for quick evasive maneuvers. They have little armour, their speed being their defense. The cockpit is in the nose of the vessel, on top of the vessel slightly behind the cockpit is a 2m plasma cannon on a swiveling mount. Under the very tip of the fighter’s nose are twin heavy machine guns which fire 2.00 cal armour piercing rounds with mass reactive detonator caps, depleted uranium cores. Under each wing at about the midway point are two 1m laser cannons.
• Two batteries of six 5m Fusion missiles, one slightly behind the cockpit and one closer to the stern.

Special characteristics – Same as the Wolf

History – Another new ship

Ship name- The Polecat

Ship type- Cruiser

Ship class- Zhaitsez

Physical description- The cruiser is a very sleek ship, coloured matte grey and black. It basically resembles a thin three-dimensional oval, which taper to points at both ends and a ridge running along the top, it is made of a very smooth hard metal. The ship has ten engines in total. Four are set at the stern of the ship, two on either side. There is also are also three engines spaced out evenly on either side of the body of the ship. The command bridge is at the front of the ship, a wide window the only indicator of its existence. The middle third of the ship has long tinted forcefields covering a long hangar opening. That is to say the whole middle third of the ship is a hangar with exits on either side of the ship.

Weapons –

Special characteristics – See previous two Cruisers

History – See Previous two Cruisers

Ship name- The Coyote

Ship type- Frigate

Ship class- Pavlevl

Physical description- Half oval shaped thin and the same matte black and grey as the other ships of the fleet.

Weapons –
• four oxygen nukes
• a couple lasers mounted on the top of the ship, one at the stern one at the bow.
• one smallish MAC gun slung just under the bow full 360 degree firing arc.
• four plasma missile batteries with 4 launcers each, two batteries either side of the ship
Special characteristics – See the Demetrios in Slipsplash’s sheet

History – Based off of the design of the 1st Fleet Admiral’s frigate. Alex uses his frigate to close with frightening speed and jam transmissions as aswell as analyzing ship structure.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing