DW: Defenders of Earth (IC) - Now It Begins...[RP Dead]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: DW: Defenders of Earth (IC) - First Encounters

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:00 pm

Still on the Street - Self Doubt and a Meal

Chimaera fell to her knees as the voice came from her phone, Mr Doctor, she was on the verge of tears, Can you hear me? Are you alright? I really don't think I'm up for this. I was so scared. She held her elbows as she surveyed the damage to her street, the damage to her car, the fire ravaging her home... I'm too weak. I thought I saw... Mama. Do you know about her? You seem to know everything else. She stood up, her legs shaking, I'm not brilliant... I'm just a... a harlot. One who owes you a very good meal for saving me arse. She started walking shakily not knowing if he had heard what she said but doing what she was told. There was no concious thought to her actions; her mother's wine bottle and her various boyfriend's addictions - be it a drug or his fist - dictated her response. The next thing on her list... She dialed Jack Harkness's number. Mr Harkness? My name is Kathleen Salmon. I was told to call you by Mr Doctor...?
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Archrival » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:47 pm

A sense of Hospitality

James and Julie was as the robotic being go up in a shower of sparks as they're thrown into mass of electronic goods. The two of them filled with pride as they've succeeded but it wasn't over yet, James and Julie follow the two companions of the Doctor to the window to see the robotic santas. When the Doctor called James nearly fainted again but he managed to hold his composure in front of his girlfriend.
Once it was over James turned to Mickey and Martha. "Do you guys so this often? I must say you certainly have a odd sense of holding it together in these situations." Julie sat on the bed nearby. "I can't deal with this, flying Christmas trees, deadly robotic angels. It's just too much."
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Kathleen "Chimaera" Salmon

Captain Jack Harkness was glad to see the back of the robots. Shaking his head at the smouldering wreckage of the street, he tossed his gun through an open window into the SUV. He was about to turn to Jack to ask if he was alright, when he got a call. He held a hand to his ear piece, adjusting it slightly. “Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood, how can I help you…? Kathleen Salmon,” he said with a smile. “He did, did he? Well everyone the Doctor’s contacted is to meet up at 3pm tomorrow at the Roald Dahl Plass in Cardiff, Wales. But I’m meeting anyone who’s in London at One Canada Square , Canary Wharf, if you’d prefer to travel down there with me tonight. Oh and you might want to pack – it’s not just a daytrip. Where are you now?”

James Holmes

Martha and Mickey almost breathed a visible sigh of relief as the robotic santas disappeared.
“Yeah, and don’t come back or I’ll ‘ave you!” Mickey Smith shouted after them.

At James’ question, Martha and Mickey exchanged knowing glances with each other.
“You could say it’s part of the day job for us,” replied Martha. “It’s the Doctor; it’s always like this with him. Even over the phone, things are never dull…” she laughed. Then she said, “So, me and Mickey were going to do some investigating in this area…but it looks like we might be needed more somewhere else. I’m going to phone Captain Jack in a moment to let him know me and Mick will be on our way over to him…would you like to join us?”

Whilst Martha was talking to James, Mickey noticed Julie struggling. He walked over and sat next to her. “Hard though it is to believe, I know exactly what you’re going through,” He told her softly, dropping his tough bad-ass act for a moment, and becoming more like the Mickey he used to be. “I had a girlfriend a while back, Rose, she met the Doctor. And then suddenly I find myself attacked by a plastic wheelie bin, and abducted by living plastic while shop dummies destroy half of London.” He shook his head. “It takes a while to get your head around it…some days I didn’t know what to think. Being around the Doctor wasn’t for me either, back then. Rose was all up for it, but I wasn’t. I couldn’t live life like that…the danger and all those aliens.” He glanced back to James as he and Martha talked, a trace of sadness in his eyes. James and Julie reminded him of Rose and himself. He knew better than anyone what it was like, trying to maintain a relationship while the Doctor was around. Mickey sometimes wondered whether the Doctor had destroyed more relationships and weddings, than he had saved planets. It felt that way sometimes.

“Here,” Mickey said, offering Julie a hand off the bed. “If you can show me where the kitchen is around here, I’ll get you a hot drink of something. You look like you could use it.” He gave a passing glance to Martha as if to say: You don’t have to wait for me, I’ll catch you up later.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Chimaera ~ Cherubim St., Bakersfield - No Need for a Party

Bakersfield about 20 minutes outside of London. She looked around her decimated street. Errr, small problem, She laughed, My house burned down and my car blew up. I'm lucky I still have my credit cards. I'll catch a ride in with a friend. I'll see you there. She hung up and called the police station. Hey Bobby? ... Nice to hear your voice. ... Yeah I heard about the attacks ... One was on my street. ... Yes I'm fine and Ted wasn't here. Hey, are you still going into London today? She gathered her knives while she talked to her friend. Great, can you pick me up? ... Yeah I can wait twenty minutes. ... No, no need to pick up Ted. ... Yeah, I think this is it for me and Ted. ... No you do not need to throw a party. ... Yes, I am aware this is the first time I've stopped dating a guy without you guys getting involved. ... See you soon Bobby. She sat on her knife kit and laughed, waiting for her friend to pick her up.

Bobby ~ Bakersfield Police Station - No Parties Just London

Bobby grinned as he gathered his jacket. She's breaking up with him, he said to the guys. He knew that they would know who he meant.
Good for her! We need to throw her a party.
No I'm just taking her to London. She said no parties. He got in his car and drove to Cherubim St.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 am

Harold grabed the airhostess tight as the Santas materialised in front of him, shielding her as if his body would be able to save hers somehow. He didn't think about it, it was a simple impulse.
The Santas stoped.
Harold dared not open his eyes incase it was simply a fear tactic, not until an unmistakable voice came over the airports tanoy system....

....Harold and the girl sat on the last remaining table in the office as a local doctor treated his shoulders and back for the cuts he'd recieved during the event. Police officers and airport security were trying hard to get to them again to repeat the same questions thay had already asked the pair a dozen times. Harold had translated for the still shocked girl, who had proquired a cigaret from somewhere and was puffing absentmindedly on it.
*So..* she asked in a shakey spanish *Who was the guy on the speakers? And why did it sound like he was commenting to you personally?*
*I didn't reali... wait you understood him?* Harold could have sworn that the doctor had been speaking in English as the girl shock her head with wide eyes *Ahh never mind, dosn't surprise me. Not after today anyway* He smiled. *Oh, i didn't have a chance earlier, but, um... I'm Harold, Harold Newman-Jones. You?*
*....Isabelle, Isabelle Maria Inmaculada Hidalgo*
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sam4books » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 pm

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: Leaving Ft. Bragg, Heading East (Onwards to London)----Well, that was mighty convenient~

Once the angels and Santas disappeared Mini breathed a sigh of relief. For a second there she was beginning to grow agitated. Her pilot on the other hand was worried until the voice of the Doctor sounded on the intercom. That made him turn to give Mini a questioning look. First of all he hadn't contacted anyone down at base yet. Secondly, he was sure that this man was no soldier, and wanted to know who he was and how he got a hold of them. Mini sighed, he knew this was going to happen sooner or later. She and Hays were so busy trying to dodge the angels, and hold off the Santas she had forgotten to tell Hays anything about why what was happening, was happening. And now Hays probably wanted answers. Like, why the angels were after her in particular? Or, who was this "Doctor" character? Mini was going to be frank with this one, she disliked explaining things twice so it was much better to take things nice and simple.

"Who was that?" he asked her in a probing sort of voice.

"The Doctor" Mini simply told him.

"Doctor who?" the soldier looked real annoyed at the fact Mini only gave her this man's title and didn't have the decency to tell him his name.

Mini sighed again. "Look, don't even bother asking for his name, because I have no fucking idea who he is either. He's just 'The Doctor', that is all."

At this, Hays grew concerned and even more annoyed, to the point of anger. "Why would you even trust a man who doesn't even tell you his name?! How did he gain access to our intercom anyways?! And more importantly, why were those angels attacking you?! Why didn't they attack the rest of us like those Santas did?!"

"Do I have to explain everything to you? Look, our world is in danger, and this man is the only person who could save us. And in case you didn't catch it from his message, he's in trouble. We're going to save him. If you don't like the sound of that you can touch down right now and I'll just find myself someone else to take me to London. Are we clear, soldier?"

Silence followed suit, Hays looked at her like he thought she was crazy. "So that's why our base was attacked. Because you were willing to help a man you've never met before who claimed our world was in trouble and he was supposedly going to help save us." The pilot gave her a piercing stare, trying to get some sort of explanation that didn't sound too crazy to be true. Mini had to pause a bit, looking for some way to get through this guy's thick head that they were all in trouble if they didn't help this guy. But all she said was, "He knew about my brother....and he promised to protect him." After the initial solemn tone in her voice, Mini's voice suddenly became serious. "That's a good enough reason for me to trust him." Hays rolled his eyes, "If you say so." He turned to the controls and prepared to set a course for London.

"Well, I think you're crazy and all, but I guess I owe you a favor for protecting me back there. So, onwards to London, England. Estimated time of arrival; two days! A day, if we're lucky."
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:53 pm

[Jack Bowman, with Captain Jack Harkness]

“Run you tossers, and you ever dare to show your ugly face around here!” Jack called after the robots and flipped them off. “Well, that was fun.” He said and turned around when reality suddenly hit him in the face. First there were only colorful flashes in front of his eyes, like his brain would enjoy some private firework. Then his balance went to hell. Jack dropped the gun, and grabbed onto the SUV to steady himself. It was like being pulled down, and shoved back into his miserable mortal shell. Things were getting through to Jack as he came down from his adrenaline and caffeine trip. First of all there was the strange feeling in the nose, like it would start bleeding any time soon, and the strange throbbing in the ears. His blood pressure was probably through the roof. Everything started to become faded, distant and numb, like having water in the ears and nose after a long swim. The days of insomnia caught up with him again. He started to feel the pain from the small cuts on his hands coming from crawling around the floor littered with broken glass from the shopping window. His clothes were stinking from the garbage heap he jumped into. “No.” Jack muttered weakly, as he knew what was about to happen. “Please…” He groaned as his stomach started to stir. Deep breaths, deep breaths… Jack’s stomach crapped with a painful force. He started to cry and cough, as he tried to blow the stuff from his nose. He slipped from the side of the car, and collapsed on his knees, hands in his own puddle as the second wave came. He was pale as whitewash, his whole body shaking, teeth clattering. “Why…” He muttered while coughing and crying. “…why didn’t I let them kill me…” He knew that there was no way around, no Red Bull, coffee or any other drug could help. He had to sleep.

Postby Doctress Who » Sat May 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Captain Jack Harkness [Kathleen Salmon + Jack Bowman]

The Captain raised his eyebrows slightly as Chimaera explained her situation. Although the destruction left by the robots did not surprise him, it was unfortunate that her car and house were destroyed. “Ok, hope to see you soon Kathleen,” he said, ending the conversation.

Then Harkness turned in time to see Jack crash. “Whoa,” he said, trying to offer the young man support. Jack Harkness had been around a long time, and he had probably guessed what Jack was going through. The words the young man had muttered had not gone unnoticed either, and the Captain’s expression was grim.
“Jack,” he said, crouching down so that he was at Jack’s level, “It is Jack isn’t it? Jack, talk to me. You’ve just been fighting for your life against an army of Host and Robo-forms, you’re coming down from a trip, and by the looks of things you’re suffering from severe sleep deprivation, am I right? It’s no wonder you’re feeling this way. But don’t give up on yourself, that’s just what they want you to do. You hold on. You can get through this. Jack? You hear me? Talk to me.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby CrystalynnJade » Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm

~Emerald Marie Ivy~

"He saved me," Ivy muttered from her position on the floor, she had sat against a wall after the hosts had vanished and was content to stay there for awhile. Hugging her knees close she stared up at the ceiling taking in slow breaths. It was scary, no terrifying being chased by those angelic looking robots, but... she found that she would do it again in a heart beat. "Well I still have to get to the Captain and the others," Emerald Ivy exited the airport, after grabbing what she could find of her luggage, and caught a taxi to another, obviously the one that she had been at would not be up and running for quite some time.

"Finally made it to Cardiff,"
Ivy grinned down at the psychic paper. "I'm gonna be kind of sad to give this back, it definitely makes airport travel less trouble." Now to find everyone, Ivy pulls her phone out and presses send hoping that Captain Jack would pick up the phone.

Postby aj_gatsz » Sun May 02, 2010 3:25 pm

[Jack and Jack]

Jack turned his head and looked at the captain with glassy eyes. “Yeah… you are right…” He muttered and slammed his head against the door of the car. “Come on, you little f… you are useless… you need to bloody sleep…” He growled through his teeth, hitting his head against the car. Jack seemed to build up courage, but banging his head made him even dizzier. He grabbed onto the Captain’s coat, so he wouldn’t collapse on the ground. “You know Jack…” He started muttering without looking at the Captain. “…I kind of learned how to stay…” He coughed and spitted on the ground. “…sharp... as long as possible… the problem is… that it comes back, and bites you in the ass… quite fast…” He said and looked at Captain Jack with a strange smile, like a madman. “May I sleep in yar car…? But put some plastic on the seats… I sleep reaaaaally badly… might be doing a mess…” He said, and with Jack’s help he slowly got on his feet, and leaned at the car, waiting for it to be ready, so he may crash… literally.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:27 am

Mikeal stepped off the airport into the drizzly weather of a traditional London afternoon and beamed happily at the normalness all araound him. Ignoring the odd looks he was getting from passers-by he skipped to the kerb and stuck his thumb out hopefully. He shivered slightly as the rain soaked through his tattered clothes and the harsh wind blew around him as he gripped the robot head tightly with his left arm, drumming it impatiently. The third taxi that passed him decided to stop and let him in and Mikael smiled gratefully at the man as he climbed in. 19 Chevel Place, Knightsbridge, my good man, and an extra hundred...er what currency do you use here? "Pounds, sir" Ah yes, good old pounds, safe as houses pounds are, an extra hundred pounds if you get me there in half an hour. You know what? I'm feeling generous, make it two hundred. The cabbies eyes bulged as Mikael waved the waft of money under his nose and he quickly grabbed it and put it in pocket. "Right you are sir" he said as he slammed the gas down and sped off into the main road.

Mikael leaned back and looked out at the sights of London happily. Ah London...I've only been here twice y'know? "Is that right sir." the cabbie asked dutifully, he knew all the conversations and recognised which one was coming, he'd realised that a passenger with something off his chest was a passenger inclined towards a larger tip a while ago. Yes, the first time was on a school trip when I was younger, to a museum I beieve. "I imagine you enjoyed it then." Oh yes, it was amazing what I learnt because of that trip, the second time I came here is because I looking for someone, kinda like now. "You'ld be hard-pressed to find someone in this town sir. Especially if they didn't want to be found." Oh know, he was wuite noticable y'see. He hadn't quite understood the fact that us humans use sound to speak, his kind used a much more physical language. "his kind, sir?"

hmm, oh right, you don't know. The Wochuhi Qito Kulowil. Like a big ugly stoney troll, lots of teeth, actually considered one of the gentlest races in the galaxy, not the smartest, but gentle. He suddenly gave out a burst of laughter causing the cabbie to be even more creeped out by his passenger. Oh my, I just remembered, I suppose that night guard wouldn't think he was very gentle. he choked out between breaths. "er....why is that sir?" CAUSE IT PUNCHED RIGHT THROUGH HIM WHEN IT TRIED TO SAY HELLO. HAHAHAHA. he shrieked happily as he fell over tears running down his cheeks with laughter. Mikael straightened himself back up a few moments later, still giggling and patted the cabbie on the shoulder. Ah, that was funny, you've been a great driver, y'know? and the people back home have completely over-rated how badly you guys drive, why you haven't even gone over the speed barrier, and look how tightly you're holding that wheel, that's dedication, oh look it's my stop. he added as they began to pull over beside the "Metropolitian Safe Deposits" well, see yah, enjoy the rest of your day. Mikael said cheerfully as he got out of the car. When the cabbie was sure Mikael had entered the shop, he proceeded to drive off at eighty miles an hour, turn round the first two corners sharply and then create a twentytwo car pile-up by driving in front of a turning lorry at a crossroads.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Thu May 06, 2010 3:41 am

*Gentelmen, i need to get to England imediatly. This is a global emergancy! Protested Harold again to the head of security and the airports manager, trying desperatly to think of another tak to try with these two incredibly stubbon men. He understood completely that with the atack on the airport things had to be shut down and closed, but Harold was convinced that he really needed to get to Cardif to meet the Doctors friends. Torchwood.
Harold laughed at his stupidity, in all the running he had forgot again the small tool he had at his dispossal. He put his had in his pocket, wincing at the pain it brought him through his newly bandaged cuts, and retieved the pysch paper.
*Gentelmen, this is an emergancy.* The two men, wide eyed, looked dumbfounded as they stared at what Harold hoped was his ticket to ride.
*Iswandu, take this man to runway 7, i'll have a fast plane and pilot waiting in twenty minutes.* He then turned back to Harold *Um..Sorry for the mix up sir, you should have let us know who you were and we could have avoided the red tape quicker*

Harold ran out the door, picking up his damaged rucksack as he went, flashing a smile as he past Isabelle still recieving treatment from a doctor. She brushed the last of the banadgaes off and got up, ignoring the calls from the frustrated doctor as she tried to catch up with Harold; her high heels had already been removed and she was now following in bare feet.
*So where are we going?* She asked
Harold slowed down and looked at her*You can't come. I have a feeling its going to get far more dangerous than this and i'm not sure if luck will keep us alive that long* He looked pleading into her eyes.
*Screw that, i think i have chained my mind on my career*
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Thu May 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Bobby - London ~ Are You Okay? (Pepper Spray) Chimaera - London ~ Mr. Doctor's a Good Person. (School Recitation)

Are you sure you're going to be alright, Chim? Bobby looked over at the woman beside him as she was getting out.
She smiled at her friend. I'll be fine Bobby. You can tell the guys that too. Why wouldn't I be? She lifted her knife kit on her lap. I have this.
He sighed, But that's all you have. And you're so far way from us. You're meeting a guy you never met. He could be a creep.
I'm getting new stuff. You guys say I need it anyway. She smiled, Mr. Doctor's nice. I'm sure anyone Mr. Doctor sends me to will be nice. He got out after her to help her with her shopping, a couple new knives, some jogging pants and tank tops, a nightown, underclothes, socks, hair ties, a new pair of sneakers and some pepper spray. Why would I need that? she asked her friend.
A girl always needs pepper spray. Especially you. I have to go back to Bakersfield now He got into his car. Your meeting is when? He looked at her clearly worried.
Now at One Canada Square. It's a five minute walk from here. She recited like a schoolgirl reciting from her book.
You know how to contact us and do so if you get into any trouble. Be careful. Bye Bob drove away, waving at her.
Bye She yawned as she started walking. I'll get some sleep in the car to Cardiff. It's been a long day. She arrived at the meeting place and stared at the 50 floor building. That is a big building. She set her knife kit down and sat on it. She plugged her music in her ears and listened. They speak to me in dreams. They can see all I can see. They have always been my guide. Gotta hush now, please have another pill.

Postby Doctress Who » Mon May 10, 2010 9:26 am

Jack Bowman

“No, you fall asleep now and you’ll never make it to Cardiff,” said Jack Harkness, adjusting a small switch on his ear piece. “I’ve got a better idea.” He spoke into his Torchwood blue tooth. “Gwen, are you ok? How’s the team? Yes, I know. Same thing happened to us too – tell them to keep trying to get a hold of those teleportation co-ordinates, we need to find out where those Christmas drones were sent to. But first, Gwen…” The captain glanced briefly in Jack’s direction, as he spoke to Gwen. “Can you do me a favour…?”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

~Gwen And Rhys’s Flat, Cardiff~

“You agreed to what?” Gwen Cooper’s husband repeated rhetorically. “No. No, no, no. I’m not having some stranger we barely know sleeping in our flat!”

“It’s just for tonight, Rhys,” Gwen protested, as their argumentative Welsh voices carried back and forth. “Be reasonable! This kid is suffering from sleep deprivation; he really needs a place to sleep.”

“So?” Rhys flapped his arms in an exasperated manner. “Send him to a bloody hotel! We don’t exactly have any room going spare here.”

“He needs to be around people, Rhys! People who can look after him. You really think a night all alone in a hotel room is going to help? He can sleep on the sofa,” Gwen explained, “I’ll make it comfortable. Add a few homely touches. It’ll be fine.”

“And what about us?” asked Rhys softly, walking up to his wife and rubbing her arms gently. “What about what we had planned tonight?”

Gwen moved closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. “It can wait for another night, can’t it…? I’ll make it up to you.”

“Is that a promise?” he asked, a little flirtatiously.

Gwen grinned. “It’s a promise,” she smiled, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. As newly weds, the two of them were still very much in love. “Thank you, Rhys. You’re a sweetheart.” Gwen kissed him again, before pulling away to make a call on her phone. “Hello, Jack. It’s me, Gwen. We’d love to have him. Send him over whenever you’re ready.”

In the background, Rhys was quietly shaking his head and running a hand past his face, already regretting his decision. Why did he let Gwen talk him into these things?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Emerald Marie Ivy

As Captain Jack finished the call with Gwen, he got another call on his Bluetooth. “Hello, Captain Jack Harkness here. Is that Ivy? Are you alright? I take it you made it to Cardiff ok. If you’re at Cardiff, use the psychic paper to find yourself a hotel room for the night. Remember, the Roald Dahl Plass, Cardiff Bay, Tomorrow, 3pm. Don’t be late. Meanwhile, get some sleep, and tomorrow you can go see the sights. Talk to you later.”

Jack Bowman

“Ok,” spoke Captain Jack as he finished his calls. “Jack, I’ve got you a place in Cardiff to stay for the night. My work colleague Gwen Cooper and her husband Rhys have said you can stay over at their apartment for the night, a lovely couple. I’m sure you’ll like them. Are you ok for travelling? I’m afraid the method of transport we’re taking is…to put it lightly, a little unorthodox and kind of uncomfortable. Good news is, it’ll only take a few seconds.”

He started to tap in various codes into the strange device on his wrist strap. He knew some of the others would be waiting for him at One Canada Square, but the situation with Jack could not wait. “And if you suffer from travel sickness, or just sickness in general, I strongly suggest you take this,” the Captain said, handing Jack Bowman a bucket from the boot of the SUV. “We’re going space-hopping. I’ve set the co-ordinates, we’re all good to go. I should have us teleported to Cardiff in no time. Got everything?”

As Kathleen sat and waited for Captain Jack Harkness to show up, she would have noticed a lot of people running about, making calls over radios and ear-pieces, and clearing up what looked like the remains of a battle. She may have noticed the occasional metal Santa mask littering the floor, or an Angel's halo wedged into the side of a wall. Some official-looking people dressing in dark uniforms with bright red berets seemed to be gathering information from shocked by-standers who had witnessed the event. Other's with the word 'TORCHWOOD' printed on their briefcases and equipment hurried around, some of them disappearing into the tall landmarked building of Canary Wharf.

One of the Torchwood members, a young skinny man with scruffy blonde hair, walked over to where Chimaera was seated.

"Are you alright there, Miss?" he asked her in a warm northern accent.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon May 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Jack Bowman

Jack just was quiet as the Captain spoke to him. He blinked very slowly, and was swaying back and forth while trying to clean his hands with a hanky. The boy slowly put on his backpack, and hugged the bucket to his chest. He moved slowly, like a drunk who has to calculate all his movements, he removed his glasses, taking care not to drop them. The boy’s face was strange, almost alien like a mask at first glance. At the second glance it was obvious, that the eerie feeling coming from him was due to the lack of eyebrows. This was not obvious because the thick, dark rim of the glasses he was wearing. Jack was pale, slightly wobbling and shaking and looked small and worn out, just like a junky he probably way. He looked at Captain Harkness, and nodded silently hugging the bucket tighter.

Postby CrystalynnJade » Mon May 10, 2010 7:20 pm

~Emerald Marie Ivy~ Do Vegas girls always party?

Ivy let out a huff as she stared down at her phone, sleep? How could anyone possibly sleep after all the excitement she had been through. That and it was still rather early by her hometown standards. "What to do, what to do," Ivy muttered to herself as she walked down the street with her extremely colorful Tokidoki backpack, the only luggage she had been able to find after the airport fiasco. A brightly colored flier taped to one of the streetlamps caught her attention.

'Barfly Presents: Hammertime! Club Night
Entry is £3 or £2 with flyer/NUS/or a yo-yo!

Loads of £1 drinks offers on bottles, spirits and shots!

Expect to hear: Deee-lite, Vanilla Ice, Spice Girls, Blur, MC Hammer, Oasis, Steps, Suede, 2Unlimited, Pulp, Happy Monday's, Shed7, Shamen, Prodigy, Will Smith, Nirvana, Take That, House Of Pain, Scatman, Chesney Hawkes, East 17, Massive Attack, 5ive, Eminem, Barenaked Ladies, Blink 182, Britney Spears, Proclaimers, Shaggy, Apachie Indian, Hanson, Puff Daddy, Ricky Martin, Ini Kamoze, Beck, Stereo MC's - and so many more!

"Oh yeah now that sounds like my kind of fun,"
Ivy cheered grabbing the flyer before halting a taxi for herself, it was time to party it up .

Her head was spinning, probably one too many drinks, "Maybe I should have got a hotel room first," Ivy groaned as she leaned against the cool window of the taxi cab she had found herself in once more. She was now headed to the closest hotel that she could find to Cardiff Bay since she would most likely be asleep right up until the time that they were to meet. 'And probably have a hangover too,' Ivy thought holding her head. She walked into the hotel using the psychic paper, making it look like a comp for a hotel room. Once inside she set her phone alarm for 2pm so that she would have time to grab some coffee if her hangover called for it.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon May 10, 2010 10:58 pm

Chimaera - London ~ Who Are They...?

Chimaera looked up at the scruffy man sleepily. She pulled her headphones out and her pepper spray from her bag. Hullo, she tried to say around her yawn, Sorry 'bout that. What's Torchwood? From the way you guys are cleaning up you're a government thing. She twisted up her headphones and put an elastic band around them. She put them in her left pocket.
Errr... something like that. the man said with an awkward look on his face.
Can't talk about it? That's alright. she looked thoughtful. Do you know a man named Captain Jack Harkness? she giggled at the look of surprize on the man's face when she mentioned his superior. Is he nice? Mr. Doctor sent me his number and he said he'd pick me up here in about, she looked at her phone and carefully put it back in her right pocket, thirty minutes.
He's a very good man that Captain. The man smiled He turned Torchwood topsy-turvy.
And do you know Mr Doctor? She looked hopeful and kind of excited. Can you tell me about him?
The man looked confused Mr. Doc- Oh! You mean The Doctor. Errr... no I don't know him nor anything about him. Just that we're supposed to help him whenever possible.
Oh.

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am

Harold woke with a start as the private jet hit another bump in the sky and shook the little plane. Isabelle slept soundly on the oposite reclining chair, shattered from an ordeal he was sure she had never experianced before. To be fair, he had never been part of a santa invasion either, but he had spent a few months interend as a 'hostage' in Tailand and gun fire was not new to him, yet it was still frieghtning!

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Jack Bowman

“Right,” said Captain Jack holding out his arm with the wrist strap. “Place your hand firmly on the vortex manipulator, and don’t let go until…well, trust me, you’ll know when we’ve arrived. Hold on tight. Ready?”

The Captain flicked one final switch, and after a few second delay, the two of them vanished in a haze of blue light, with a strange sensation which felt like being pulled backwards. The journey would have been so quick, Jack Bowman would have hardly had time to register what was happening, before they were pulled out the other side.
The split second they reached Cardiff soil, the pain would have been terrible. Like a hangover condensed into a few seconds…it would have felt like someone hit you with a truck.

The Captain staggered slightly and let out a groan of pain. “Aaghh, all the times I’ve used it and it still hurts like it’s the first time, ooww…” he winced. He shook himself, then glanced at Jack. “You ok?”

They were standing on a quiet residential street, where it was just starting to get dark. The dim glow of sunset covered by the overcast sky would have been just visible in-between the buildings. The ground was slightly wet, as if it had been raining earlier.
After a few moments from a nearby apartment block, a dark haired woman came hurrying out. “Jack,” she called, running up to the two people who had materialized on the street.

“Gwen,” Jack Harkness nodded with a smile. “Great to see you…” his smile faltered a little as he saw the figure some distance behind her. “…And Rhys,” he added. Rhys and Jack Harkness had never liked each other very much. Rhys regarded the Captain with a vaguely disdainful expression, but remained in the background, saying nothing.

Captain Jack quickly filled the awkward silence. “Gwen, this is Jack Bowman. Jack, Gwen Cooper,” he said, introducing the two swiftly. “…And Rhys Williams, over there,” he added hesitantly as an after thought, nodding in Rhys’s direction.

“Hi Jack,” Gwen said, coming over to Jack Bowman’s side, in case he should need her help getting indoors. She glanced at the two Jacks. “Well, fancy that, Jack and Jack,” she commented, laughing a little. “Come on, let’s get you indoors then out of the cold, shall we?” she suggested to Jack Bowman. She put a comforting arm around his back, in case he should need her support. “Can you manage?”

Then the man smiled. “…But the Captain knows a thing or two about him,” he continued. “He can probably tell you an interesting story or two, when you see him. If he isn’t too busy, that is…the Captain tends to be busy a lot of the time.” He shook his head.

“Sorry, where are my manners…? I’m Alex Hunter.” He offered a hand shake. “And since you know Captain Jack and the Doctor, guess there’s no harm in letting you know I’m from the Torchwood base up in Scotland. Torchwood Two, that is.” He smiled.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun May 16, 2010 2:21 pm

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: Flying over London----Touching Down~

Mini had been sleeping ever since they last fueled up. They had to at least filled up the Apache's tank three times since leaving America. Spec. Hays was being hysterical over it too, continually telling her that they had to touch down. It got real annoying, real fast. But Hays proved to be an excellent pilot, managing to get them both safely across the Atlantic despite the constant resting. Now, they were hovering above London, with Mini sleeping in the gunner's seat.

While they weren't arguing over whether to stop or not, they had both managed to share part of their stories with each other. Mini told Hays details of her encounter with the Doctor and what he planned to do. Hays revealed to Mini that he indeed had some background knowledge of the United Kingdom. He knew of her wars, her struggles, her entire history. In no time had he begun sharing with Mini war stories of Britain's past and present. He was quite the knowledgeable fellow. He admitted he had a certain obsession with the continent of Europe. At one point in particular during the flight, he began singing old Irish folk songs.

"Early one evening as the branchmen they were sleeping
A little helicopter flew in from the sky
Down into the yard where some prisoners were walking
'Get ready for inspection' said the warder in the Joy

Up like a bird and high over the city
'Three men are missing' I heard the warder cry
'Sure it must have been a bird that flew into the prison
Or one of those new Ministers' said the warder from Mountjoy"

There was definitely no argument. The guy had some Irish blood in there somewhere.

Once they were over the city of London, Hays woke Mini from her slumber. "Hey wake up, we're here." Miniqwa groaned, "Already?" She looked out the helicopter's window, and indeed they were there. Mini could recognize the two story buses she saw in movies set in England. Lord knows she had wanted to try one of those things out. Ahead of her she could see the Big Ben. Yup, they were definitely in London. "So...where are we going to touch down anyways? We can't be cruising around the sky forever ya know. People might suspect something." Mini huffed, "We're landing in One Canada Square. That's where the rendezvous point will be." Hays turned the helicopter towards that direction.

After a few minutes, they had touched down in One Canada Square and the helicopter was powered down. The people that were currently in the square eyed the strange American helicopter and want on their way, no doubt suspicious. Hays stayed in the pilot's seat while Mini exited the Apache, leaning backwards with his hands behind his head. "You coming or not?" Mini asked him. Hays waved her off, "Sure...why not? I might as well." Hays sat up and looked at her, "Besides, maybe I might see this 'Doctor' guy face to face." The Specialist chuckled as he exited the Apache, slamming the door behind him. Mini narrowed her eyes and muttered, "Whatever you say, Hays." She stared at the big building in front of her, "They sure don't make buildings like this in North Carolina." As she stared, Hays came behind her, looking around the square as if searching for something. "Hey Gunny, you should see the people around here. They're all staring at us like we're going to kill them or something!" Mini rolled her eyes, "Please don't start anything while we're here. It was bad enough I had to leave my entire team behind in order to come her." Hays looked around some more, "So, umm...where's the guy you're supposed to meet?" "Captain Harkness, you mean?" "Yeah, whatever. So where is he?" Mini began searching the square for the man she saw on the Subwave network. A very handsome, very annoying young man. 'Where is he?...' she thought to herself, scanning the area with her eyes.

There was a lot of people running about, most of them were busy making calls over radios or ear pieces. She could tell well enough that there was a battle here. If the fallen Santas and Angels didn't hint at it, the smell of hot, rushing blood did. Mini breathed it in, it was a sorry sight to behold indeed. "Hello? Aren't ya going to answer me, Gunny?" "I DON'T KNOW, and please don't call me that!" Mini snapped.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby aj_gatsz » Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 am

[Cardiff]

Jack’s eyes grew wide as the two arrived. He instantly dropped on his knees, and bent over the bucket. The Captain staggered slightly and let out a groan of pain. “Aaghh, all the times I’ve used it and it still hurts like it’s the first time, ooww…” he winced. He shook himself, then glanced at Jack. “You ok?” The boy raised a thumb, while coughing into the bucket. “Can I have one for Christmas? It’s more effective than coffee.” He said and made disgusting sounds as he tried to clear his throat and nose from the bits of carrot. Why is there always carrot? He wondered and took his head from the bucket, and started to clean his face.
“Gwen,” Jack Harkness nodded with a smile. “Great to see you…” The Captain greeted his college and her husband as well. Jack quickly blew his nose, and poured a load of tic-tacs into his mouth.
“Gwen, this is Jack Bowman. Jack, Gwen Cooper,” Harkness said, introducing the two swiftly. Jack reached out, then pulled his hand back swiftly, and wiped it on his pants. “Nice to meet you.” He said with a smile and offered a hand to the woman, before giving a wave to Rhys. “Hello.” It seems traveling with the vortex manipulator shook up the boy a bit, and some color started to return to his face.
“Can you manage?” Gwen asked the boy and leaned down to help. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He grinned, and pushed the bucket to Captain Harkness. “Thanks for the trip Jack.” He said with a smile, and stood up, just to fold again. If not for Gwenn Jack would have fallen. “Damn, the firework is back again…” He muttered as his head started to spin, standing was not fun at all. “Don’t worry I’ll be fine.” Jack said to the Captain and with the help of Gwen he headed inside.
“Thank you very much for your hospitality.” Jack said to Gwen and Rhys as they entered the house. “I don’t know how short we are on time… so could you buy a few things for me if I give you a list? I’ll pay for them of course, just a few minor things.” He smiled, and then leaned closer to Gwen. “Sorry to ask… but do you have rubber sheets?”

Postby Doctress Who » Sun May 30, 2010 12:39 pm

[Sincere apologies from the GM in the delay for this post. Feel free to throw rocks at me]

Jack Bowman

Captain Harkness chuckled a little at Jack’s comment about the Vortex manipulator. He took the bucket back once he’d finished with it and nodded. “No problem kid. You take care now. See you tomorrow.” The Captain stood back, resetting the coordinates on his teleportation device. With a nod to Gwen Cooper, the man vanished, disintegrating in another flash of blue light.

Meanwhile, Gwen helped Jack inside. The apartment was warm and homely, not too spacious but not too small either. There was a bathroom, a small study with books and a computer, a bedroom with a double bed (presumably Gwen and Rhys’s) a good sized living room with TV and sofa, and leading on from that, an open-plan kitchen.

“It’s no trouble,” smiled Gwen. “And we have a 24 hour store just around the corner, so that shouldn’t be a problem.” She nodded to Rhys. “Go on, make yourself useful and find us a pen and paper, will you?”

Rhys looked a little disgruntled, but he went off to do as Gwen asked.

“I think we might have some,” she replied quietly to Jack. “I’ll see what I can do.” She guided him to a chair in the living room while she went in search. “You’ll be on the couch, I hope that’s alright. We weren’t expecting guests,” she said as she came back, setting the sofa so that Jack could sleep on it without too much difficulty.

Rhys arrived back with a pen and paper. “Thank you love,” she said to her husband, and passed them to Jack. “Just write your list on here and we’ll see to it. Feel free to sleep whenever you’re ready; me and Rhys go to work early, so we’ll probably be out by the time you wake up. I’ll leave a note so you know what’s what.” She smiled.

Kathleen "Chimaera" Salmon and Sgt. Mini Fillmore

Captain Jack Harkness finally arrived at One Canada Square. Spotting Mini and Kathleen, he signalled them over.

Alex Hunter glanced around. “Speaking of which, there’s the Captain, over there,” he smiled at Chimaera. “You better go and meet him.” He started to walk away. “See you around, maybe,” he waved at her, leaving Kathleen to meet the Captain.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:48 am

Jack Bowman

Jack nodded with tired eyes and dropped his backpack on the floor. “Thank you again, for letting me stay.” He said to the couple as he sat down at the table to write his list. He made slow and big blinks as his tired mind tried to focus on writing, and remember what he needed.
6 cans of Red-Bull, 1 box of about 4 inch iron nails (100 pieces), 2 cans of spray able clear lacquer, plasticine, sugar, baking soda, indigo dye, 6 Calippo lemon flavored, 2 box of non-safety matches, a couple of cheap plastic bowls, what can be thrown away later
Jack took a last look on his list, and quickly added plastic bags to it. He left the note on the table, staggered to the sink, to get a glass of water. Finally he moved to the couch prepared for him, tossed all his clothes into a pile, and let himself drop. “I’m gonna hate this soo much.” He mumbled into the pillow, and finally stopped fighting against the urge to sleep.
Last edited by aj_gatsz on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sam4books » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 am

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: One Canada Square----Oh, There He Is~

"Ah! Looks like your captain finally arrived!" Hays piped up when a man who was talking with a young woman signaled them over. "Great." The gunnery seargant walked over to meet the Captain. It wasn't to hard to recognize the guy out this whole crowd of busy people. She only greatly disliked him the moment she layed eyes on the guy. Mini would be able to spot Captain Jack Harkness from a mile away. "Captain Jack Harkness" she said when she had reached him. "Finally we meet in person. My name is Seargent Fillmore, and I suppose you'll be taking me to Cardiff now right?" "Ahem" said a voice behind Mini, Hays of course. Mini rolled her eyes. "And this revolting young man is Specialist Hays, he flew me here from America." Hays gave Captain Jack a little wave, "How's it going?"
Last edited by sam4books on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
In passing

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Chimaera ~ One Canada Square – Hello Goodbye

Bye Alex! She waved and called cheerfully as she gathered her stuff; clothes bag over the left shoulder, knife kit in her right hand, and started to walk towards Jack Harkess. She skittered around the scary military lady but smiled at the woman's friend. Hello Captain Harkness, she chirped, putting down her heavy knife kit, twisting it slightly so it was perfectly parallel to her feet. I’m Kathleen Salmon. Call me Chimaera. All my friends do. She smiled holding out her right hand.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing