DW: Defenders of Earth (IC) - Now It Begins...[RP Dead]

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

DW: Defenders of Earth (IC) - Now It Begins...[RP Dead]

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:10 am

~An Hour Ago, Planet Ariesia~

Mile upon mile of rock and earth, of trees and mist, and ancient ruins. High above in the bright blue sky, a single sun shone brightly down across the rocky misshapen landscape. Then in the silence, a faint breeze started up. There was strange echoing, rasping sound, growing louder and stronger with each wave. As the sound increased, a small shape began to form on the planet’s rocky surface, materializing out of thin air. Slowly fading in and out of view like the pull of a tide, a large box-like shape began to form, its beacon on top flashing and pulsing with light. Eventually it solidified; a blue wooden box, with two small, translucent-white windows at head-height on every side. A sign just below the roof of the box ran along all the sides of the box too, the words clearly visible in glowing white letters: ‘POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX’. With a final thump and echo, the wind dropped as suddenly as it had started, replaced only by a gentle hum now emanating from the mysterious blue box.
The door creaked open, and a man in a brown suit and long ankle-length coat stepped out, sweeping his coat back as he put his hands in his trouser pockets and surveyed the view.

“Ah, Planet Ariesia!” the man known as the Doctor exclaimed in his British accent. “Named after Aries, fourth planet from the sun of Kelletinan, and believe it or not it’s named after Aries because…” he trailed off suddenly, looking at the empty space all around him. His smile faded, remembering that he travelled alone now. “…Yeah,” he sighed, looking down at his shoes with a hint of melancholy. He turned back to the blue box, his spaceship which he called ‘the TARDIS’. Drawing out a key, he locked its double wooden doors firmly, before starting to walk away. He held up a hand to the sun, trying to work out exactly where he needed to go. He was here for a reason: he knew some people here who might hold important information about the Void. Something was trying to break through and into this dimension, and if they knew something about it…

However the Doctor suddenly stopped dead. Something was wrong. It hung about in the air like a dark cloud; the Time Lord could sense it. He ran back towards the TARDIS – but too late. In a blinding haze of light, the Doctor found himself in a completely different location. Teleported. He felt angry with himself for falling for the trap so easily.

“Today is really not my day,” he muttered, looking around at the prison cell he had landed in.

~Now~

“…So what d’you think? Are you up for it?” asked the Doctor finally, speaking to the monitor screen in front of him. In his hands he held what looked like an ordinary early 21st century mobile phone. However this phone had been modified. A tangled mess of wires and cables hung down from the back of the phone, connecting it to what looked like a partly disassembled computer, including a small keypad and the LCD screen he was speaking to, which had an in-built camera. It was altogether a crude, makeshift construction, but not bad for something that had been fixed together in only five minuets.
“'Cause if you are then I should warn you, you're gonna see all sorts of things,” The Time Lord continued, his eyes looking through the screen. “It won’t be quiet, it won’t be safe and it won’t be calm. But I tell you what it will be...A trip of a lifetime! Because you might see anything. You could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you reply to this message...
Nothing will ever be the same again.”

There. That should do it.
The Doctor ended the transmission with a buzz of his pen-like sonic device.

“Thank goodness for pockets that are bigger on the inside,” he murmured, staring around at the mess of equipment strewn on the hard metal floor. He tidied away everything save the devices he was using, stuffing all the spare odds and ends back into the bottomless pockets of his trench coat.

“As for that message, can’t imagine it’s going to be easy for them take in. Especially for those people who don’t know me yet. I’ve just changed their lives…” Sitting on the hard metal bench beside him, the Time Lord picked up the phone, turning it around in his hands. Remarkable that such a primitive piece of technology had brought about so much change in just a few seconds.

Of course generally speaking, phones don’t work beyond the range of the Earth. But this was no ordinary phone. The Doctor had modified it to enable ‘Universal Roaming’, so now it was a super phone: it could call anywhere in the Universe. Using it he hacked into the Subwave network - a network on Earth originally set up by his companions, for the sole purpose of finding the Doctor in the Earth’s greatest hour of need. Only now the Doctor was accessing the Subwave to search for all of his companions, and ask for their help instead – even finding and contacting those people who he’d yet to cross paths with. With so much at stake, and what with his current circumstances, he needed all the help he could get. Companions from his past, companions from his future, he had contacted everyone he could think of. But had it worked? He would soon find out. He scanned the screen in front of him, checking for any texts, emails or voice messages that might have been sent to him via the network.

“I wonder how they’ve all taken to my message, wherever they are right now…” the Doctor mused. “Can’t imagine what they’re all thinking right now…or who will reply.”
Last edited by Doctress Who on Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Re: DW: Defenders of Earth (IC) - First Encounters

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:55 am

Harold watched the message again.
He stroked his stubbled chin as he put the phone down and took a sip from the bottle infront of him, grimacing at the warm beers taste. Despite the lateness of the hour in the Kenyan capital it was still hot and although Harold was acclimatised to the location he was still irritaded by it all. It wasn't so much the place as the reason he was there; waiting for the BBC contact who was supposed to have met him an hour ago.
He sat on the balcony of the piango-gou resturant, slowly chipping away at his budget, waiting for the man who was going to talk about his new job filming in the wild life parks. Harold wasn't looking forward to it. This wasn't his type of adventure, nor his favorite type of travelling.

The phone call was something different. He had had a lot of calls in the last few day but this one was differnt, for a start Harold hadn't even realised he could recieve video messages. The man on his phone was a bit of an excentric, something Harold could relate to, but it could easily be some nut job.
It was only when the man said to see new worlds, new horizons... new suns.
An overweight Englishman in a white linen suit appeared suddenly, out of breath and red in the face, huffing at Harold with an appology. "Sorry...Traffic you know... God forsaken...."
Harold smilled. He allways appreciated the small things inlife and for good or ill he would allways follow them.
Harold hit send.

Somewhere else the doctor recieved a message
- from Harold Newman-Jones: Bring me that Sunrise -
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby aj_gatsz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 am

-London, Jack’s room-
“Wow!” Jack shouted out loud, and pushes his chair back from the desk. “This… this… WOW!” He jumped on his feet, and started to walk up and down in the room. This was it! It was him. HIM! He looked quite different, not so old, not so small, no funny hat and no umbrella, but it was definitely HIM! Jack never felt so excited, his heart was jumping up and down in his chest… his mouth became dry. The boy quickly grabbed the half can of Red-Bull and downed it. He crushed the can, and tossed into the corner on the big pile.
He leaned down to the keyboard. “Count me in Professor!!!!!” He typed, and hit enter completely forgetting the signature in all the exitement. If he was, who he claimed to be, he will get the message. Jack tore open the plastic cover of tray of energy drinks and took a can. “I need to be prepared…” He muttered as he took a sip. He rushed to wardrobe and opened it. There it was The Jacket, littered with stickers and pins, still smelling of smoke. Jack reached out to it, but he changed his mind. “No… not yet.” He said and took his big trenchcoat instead. Pockets, lots of BIG pockets. Let’s get everything together. Lighter, check. Full pack of Tic-tacs, check. Full box of Ritaline… you never know, check. Caffeine pulls, always handy, check. Two cans of ‘Bull, in case I get thristy, check. Handy, check. Ohhh… some crushed cans, who knows I might need aluminum quickly, check. Nitro-10, well three should be enough… better make it four… ah let’s take all six balls, check. What else do I need… money, tickets, keys…check. Ok I’m all prepared…
Jack stopped in the middle of the room with his coat on, and pockets stuffed full of things. “Uhmmm…” He groaned as his momentum ran out. There he was, starting to feel quite silly. The boy went back to the PC. “What do you want me to do Professor?” He typed.

Postby Archrival » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:54 am

James was lieing on the floor in a spare room in the hospital, he had prectically fainted when he saw the doctor on the Tv in the spare room. James and two nurses had just wheeled out Mr. Kritch to have his daily physio and James was just about to walk out with them when the Tv in Mr. Kritch's room had sprung to life, it was blaring out a fuzzy picture but suddenly it snapped to a blue and white image of The Doctor. James had read about the Doctor in a book that was highly classified which he'd obtained off a very secretive collector of items of alien origin, it had a pictures of all his incarnations and James recognised the one on the screen as the latest version which lead him to fainting.

About two minutes through the Doctor's speech James awoke, he carefully listened to what the doctor had to say. "Reply to the message? How am I to do that? Will he send someone to contact me so they can contact him? Or am I suppose to go to some known location and send a signal of some kind? Oh god! Oh god! Oh God! James what have you gotten yourself into now!? What would your dad say! He probably say: 'Be a man and get out there son!' Which is probably what I'm gonna have to do, I'm just gonna have to play it cool for the moment unless something monumental happens here." James was practically panicking about what might happen, this was a big step in his life.

Soon someone came into the room, it was his on-off girlfriend Julie. "James what are you doing in here? And why do you look so flustered?" James didn't dare tell her what he'd seen, she'd never truly accepted his whole 'I believe in aliens' concept "Errr nothing Julie just looked out the window and as usual got one of my panic attacks, nothing out of the normal at all nope, nope." James shook his head rather violently then sat up off the bed and straightened himself out.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 am

~Royal Hope Hospital, London~
Meanwhile, not too far away from James…

“So what are we doin’ here again?” asked Mickey Smith.
“Shh-! Not yet, keep you voice down,” said the young woman beside him. The two of them were hiding inside a small cloakroom and utility room. A washing machine stood in one corner, and row upon row of white lab coats were hung by hooks on all the walls.

“Martha,” said Mickey, “Aren’t you over-reacting just a little? You used to work here before you met the Doctor – why do we need to go under cover like this?”
“I don’t need to go under cover, you’re right,” said Martha Jones, chucking a lab coat in his direction. “But you do – put that on.”
Mickey gave the lab coat a look. Did he really have to? It kind of spoilt his bad-ass image he had going on…He looked to Martha again. Yeah. He did. No backing out of this one. “So,” he said, shrugging the lab coat on over his black clothing, “What’s up with all this? Aren’t we gonna reply to the message the Doctor sent?”
“Do you think I wouldn’t?” Martha asked him, “Of course we are. But we’ve got a job to do here too. Captain Jack dropped me a hint that there was something suspicious going on around here…a couple of patients have gone missing over the past couple of days.”
“So we’re here for the aliens then?” Mickey grinned. “A bit more free-lancing? Now that’s more like it.” He made for the door.
“Wait,” Martha said, pulling him back. “You’re going to need this first.” She put her hand in his. As she let go, she left a small black wallet in his hand. Confused, Mickey opened it, to discover it was a blank piece of paper.
Mickey looked astounded. “Psychic paper?” he asked. “How did you get a hold of that?”
“Torchwood,” she explained, winking at him. “I just asked Jack really nicely if I could borrow it.” Already dressed in her old lab coat, she pushed open the door and walked out into the hospital corridor beyond.

Mickey stared down at the black wallet in his hands, still unable to believe it. “Bloody Torchwood,” he muttered, shaking his head. Then his face dropped. “Hang on – what d’you mean exactly by you asked him: ‘very nicely’?” demanded Mickey, marching after his girlfriend down the corridor.
Martha laughed, pushing open a door that lead to another room, so that her voice could be heard by anyone who happened to be in the room beyond. “You’re so sweet when you get all protective. Come on. First we’ve got to contact the Doctor. Can’t leave his message unanswered. I think there might be a computer in the spare room just through here…who else has the Doctor contacted, you reckon?”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:54 pm

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: Barracks, Chow Hall(or Dining Facility if you want to go Army), Ft. Bragg----Surprisingly Not A Message From Stepbrother~

It happened right during chow time. In front of a member of her team no less. She was stationed Fort Bragg, attached to the Special Forces brigade, and in charge of a 14 man team (all of which were staff sergeants). All of them hated her that much she knew, save one or two people. One of those two was a medical sergeant, named Latasha White, but she just called her “Tasha” during informal conditions. Another one was a man named Christopher Thoms, a weapons sergeant, who was currently sitting with his friend Jihad Bailey, an engineering sergeant. She knew her entire team by name and rank, what they could and could not do, and their strengths and weaknesses. She knew most of them didn’t want her here, but she really didn’t care. She was put here to be in charge of them by her commanding officers. She didn’t ask for such a snotty team. If she had her way some of them wouldn’t be here right now, and they knew it. Maybe they were just afraid of her, but in every one of them she could see a look of disdain. They really weren’t good at hiding that sort of stuff. Personally, she would rather that they fear her than hate her, there was already a bunch of angst that polluted the air, but that one officer (Captain George McKinley was his name) always had to have the last word. It was he that probably hated her the most, and if there was anyone who forgot who was in charge around here, it was him. He was dealt with mercilessly, but like always it takes awhile to get the point across. At least the others had the smarts to give her some ounce of respect.

She was eating some good fried chicken too, with potatoes and some green beans. The chow was actually good that day, maybe the stupid kitchen staff was actually trying this time. Well that’s a first. Usually they tasted like someone crapped on a pot, ate it, threw it back up, cooked it, and then called it food. They tell folks the foods good in the barracks, but they almost always lied. That stuff was a million times worse than the food you might find in a school cafeteria. Well, when it happened she was right in the middle of finishing her chicken leg, much to her annoyance. And she had to leave that poor chicken leg alone for the next few minutes, so she could answer the stupid message. She thought it was from her brother at the time, only her brother would be so idiotic as to call during chow time. But when she entered the bathroom and answered her cell phone, to her surprise she found that the person calling her was not her idiot stepbrother, but a strange man with a silly British accent. Mini glared at the screen ”Of course you interrupted something important. My chow time!” she yelled at the screen. And he needed her help, her help. Well, he shouldn’t have communicated with her during chow time, personal time was only minutes away after all. She didn’t even know who the guy was (the only thing he gave her was his title), and for some strange reason she really couldn’t order herself to turn away. Why was she listening to this guy?!

As the man described more and more about him-self, Mini grew more and more irritated. This guy, on her phone’s screen was claiming that he was an alien(some sort of “Time Lord” or something), when he looked completely human to her, and that he was a part of some sort of “Time War”. She really couldn’t believe it, but she wanted to believe it she wanted to believe her stepbrother wasn’t such an idiot after all. She didn’t know what to think. He seemed pretty serious about the whole thing, and there was that screwdriver thing with the blue light. Where else in the world would you see a screwdriver emitting blue light? And her world was in danger, people was in danger (at this, Mini grew worried). What if what this man was saying is true? Would Noah be in danger? What would happen then? The brat was the sort of guy who would chase after aliens thinking they were benevolent and crap ...Mini listened some more, like hell she would let something like that would happen. It was like this guy knew exactly what she was thinking, trying to reinsure her like that. It was almost like she could trust him. And then, after a less than subtle warning, the message ended.

Now she had two choices; ignore this message completely, or reply to it. Grimacing, she opened up her e-mail address, imputing the code the Doctor gave her. ----You better be serious about this. Sgt. Fillmore---- After a moment’s hesitation, Miniqwa pressed send. Meanwhile…inside the dining facility…someone had already eaten the rest of her chicken leg, while the rest of her food was cold.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby CrystalynnJade » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Ivy huffed as she found yet another pointless talent agency web site, really couldn't any of these places be serious?

"Wha?" Ivy's eyes went wide as a strange man appeared on her computer screen. She stared blankly listening to him speak about aliens and wars in space, 'What in the world was that?' she thought, but could not help but feel intrigued by what he had said. A real or at least she thought he was real alien, but in reality it most likely was just a hacker pulling her chain. But was it really possible for someone to make all of that up just for a prank, "No, that is not likely at all." Ivy answered her own question out loud.

"Emerald what is that noise, I thought you were suppose to be looking for a job, not playing around on my face.com or what ever you techno kids seem to waste time on these days." A small frail looking lady with salt and pepper hair steps into the room with her arms crossed.

"First off it is either My Space or Face book, really where are you getting you information from and second you know I already have a job grandma, but actually I think I may have found something that I am interested in," Ivy says while grinning over her shoulder. Her grandmother shakes her head and walks back out of the room muttering something vulgar about the internet, it seemed that ever since she turned 16 and the years beyond that her grandmother had developed quite a nasty vocabulary, then again it probably just came with the time and added stress of having a hard time paying bills. Ivy turns back to the computer while biting her lip, could she really trust this video feed that randomly popped up on her screen? "Well I guess there is only one way to find out if I'm being messed with or not isn't there," she muttered to herself as she opened an email and type in the code.

Alright I'll help, just tell me what I need to do.
~Ivy

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Mikael lay on the couch, his cold multi-coloured eyes staring at the giant tv screen as his mind drifted away. He was sitting on a long black, leather coach in a huge penthouse-like entertainment room, with numerous fancy vases, works of art, bookcases, etc. The windows/walls had the curtains drawn and the only light in the room was coming from a few mechanical appliances and knick knacks, a little red light on his phone to the right of him and the 150-inch tv which was basking his face in a light blue with flecks of other colours. He groaned and seemed to sink even deeper into the couch as he thought What's happened to me? What am I doing? What is this crap I can't seem to turn off? He raised his arm slowly, moved it above the remote, and dropped his hand on it, knocking the tv off and plunging the room into near-pitch darkness. He sighed happily and a slight ghost of a smile crossed his face as he closed his eyes and slowly ground against the couch as he dropped to the right, hitting the seat with a "poof".

I've got to get another job. I never even used to turn on the tv before torchwood got shut down. Heck, I hardly ever even came into this room before,, but now...I haven't been to my lab, or my taxidermy display in days. Probably because I haven't actually had a job in a while, or no more specimans. He groaned loudly again and rose off the couch and rubbed the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tightly. He sighed again and grabbed up the phone beside him and flipped it open, gazing blearily at the display, blinking slightly against the bright light illuminating the room. His eyes skimmed the messages and he activated the voice message at the bottom of the inbox. He stared blankly at the message as the Doctor started to talk to him, his face going statue-like. He watched and listened to the message blankly until it ended, and then until the light turned off and the room went dark again. Nothing happened for a full, long minute in the darkness until a chuckle echoed throughtout the room, a small, quiet, pleased chuckle which grew slowly into a full blown laughing fit as Mikael jumped up and down on his seat, throwing his head back happily as the room fulled up with his guffaws, shrieks, giggles and screams until it died back down to that small, quiet chuckles. The light on his phone turned back on as he typed in his reply with his name and with a photo of himself attached and it turned off as he flipped the lid back down and dropped it on the couch. He got up and walked to his bedroom in the dark, opened the door and quietly closed it again, grinning wildly in the dark. The message read

-Goody, Goody Gumdrops.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:44 am

{Eric Andrews}

_

A silver rolls-royce zooms on a business street endangering the lives of pedestrians. The driver of this silver phantom smirked as he looked into the back rear view mirror. Right on his trail is a motorcyclist, who donned a red helmet and wore a blue jean jacket and pants. His name was Eric Andrews and he had a problem. “ Oh god, oh god, please, please. I know, I'm a fuck up, don't let Christina die.” He thought as he revved the engine of his motorcycle as he tried to match the rolls-royce's speed. His partner was abducted by a psycho named Vergil Kain, the aristocrat assassin to toy with himself and he was the driver of the silver rolls-royce. “ I have to move faster, I need to move faster.” were his thoughts as he raced.

The silver rolls -royce ran through a red light and just missed a collision with an 18 wheeler at full speed. Eric leaned enough to his ride and made a hard right as he slid right under the moving truck. Every second counted and Eric wasn't to going waste it following the traffic laws. “ Bravo, Eric, Bravo.” Vergil commented as he watched Eric's little stunt show. “ I want more.” He said as he reached into the passenger's seat and grabbed a hold of a radio. The radio screened as he held the receiver button. A twisted gleam was in his eyes like a child at a candy store. “ I've a got a mouse problem. Set the trap, will you boys.” He requested

On a straight road, two black trucks suddenly pull onto the road and start to catch up as they sandwich Eric. “ Shit!” Eric cursed as he braked his motorcycle. The two black trucks slam into each other as they just missed Eric. "There is nothing, I can do. If I take out my gun, he flips the switch and the gas in the trunk kills Christina.” Eric complained as he thought about his given crisis. The black trucks pull apart and slow down to sandwich Eric again.“ Come on, think damn you. Vergil is twisted, cruel and, theatrical, but very methodical. He'll follow his script to the very end and that's where I can beat him. Eric thought as the truck on his left started to rolled down his window. A gun barrel stuck out of the window and Eric braked once again, this time he turned into an alleyway.

“ Either our hero has quit or simply believes he can rewrite my ending. How interesting, don't you agree Chrissy?” Vergil asked with a sickening chuckle as he continued to speed to his destination with his support.

Eventually Vergil, after an hour or so of driving, parked his car in front of a parking garage. He stepped out of his vehicle and pressed a button on the car door letting the truck automatically open. Four men from the two trucks stood behind Vergil as he started to gloat. “ Well, Well, Well, looks like your shinning knight in armor isn't coming. It seems he fell for my ruse so do you want to be raped, then killed or killed and then raped?” He said. Vergil licked his lips and then said “ I think we should play it by ear.” He slowly reached for Christina in the truck.

A spinning back wheel knocked into the shoulder of one of Vergil's men. The hit knocked that man into the other three blue skying them. Eric drew out his glock and pressed the barrel against the back of Vergil's head. “ You're under arrest.” Eric commanded. “ How?!” Vergil questioned in shock and in awe of Eric's display. “ How you're under arrest or how I got you?” Eric asked in a cocky way to Vergil. “ Come on, don't leave me in suspense.” Vergil pleaded. “I might if you don't tell me where the switch is.” Eric said as his ultimatum. “ In the car, now tell me.” He quickly said, there no was hesitance much to Eric's own surprise as he stepped off his ride. Other police officers arrived on the scene surrounding the two and Vergil's men.

“Ah, well, you're like a director of a sorts. You want people to think about your work so I had to think there was a meaning behind the ruse. If I could figure that out, then I would know the end of your play, the last scene .” Eric answered. Suddenly his cell phone starts to vibrate and texted without looking. " Alright, book him, guys and release my partner. I need to check my phone." Eric said as he walked away. "Christina's going to be pissed, but this could be urgent." Eric thought as he placed his blue tooth set on.

After listening to the message, Eric rolled his eyes. "Sure, why not sign me up, just don't call while my on a case, alright, alright." He said as his answer. " I let someone else release Christina for this. Oh boy she is so going to kill me. Through it does sound odd for a traveling agency. " He thought as he sulked.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Out wherever the Doctor’s contacts happened to be, the Doctor suddenly fizzled back onto their screens again. This time, the message was instant, and happening in real-time. No pre-recorded message, the Doctor was speaking to them via transmission, right now.

“’Allo,” he said, giving a little wave with his hand. “Me again. Can you all see me? Sorry if your phone was ringing madly just now, I had to make sure I’d get your attention. I’m addressing all of you live and simultaneously at the moment, so I apologise if this gets confusing, what with me speaking to several different people all at once. Usually this visual link would work both ways, but to do that I’d have to fully open up the subwave communication channels,” The Doctor paused, looking around his prison cell cautiously before continuing, “And I don’t know who might be watching. So, ‘fraid I won’t be able to speak to you all face-to-face, at least not for the moment. However,” he said more positively, “we can still communicate – got a keypad of some description near you? Anything you want to say just type it up and send it like you just did with those replies; I can read your message off my screen.” At this point, the Time Lord indicated the screen in front of him with a tap of his finger. “Anyway, speaking of replies, who have we got here…?” The Doctor paused, whipping out a pair of black rectangular glasses and slipping them on, as he concentrated on the text he could see on his screen.
_ _ _
Harold Newman-Jones
“…Harold Newman-Jones,” the Doctor exclaimed, reading the first message on his list, before looking back through the screen with a grin, “Thank you so much for replying. And as for bringing you that sunrise, try five of them – simultaneously. Trust me, you’re gonna love it. Now, who else have we got…?”

Jack Bowman
The Doctor raised his eyebrows at the next message. “Professor?” he repeated, clearly surprised. He’d sent that transmission out to many different people, just on the off-chance…but he hadn’t anticipated this, not for a moment. He scratched the back of his head and ruffled his hair, almost at a loss for words. “Professor? Blimey, no one’s called me ‘professor’ in a very long time…there’s only one person who would call me by that old name.” The Time Lord suddenly looked distant, as if recalling a long forgotten memory. “Ace…” he murmured, “Blimey I’m getting too old - far too old...” But then his attention was drawn to the second part of the message. The Doctor gave the screen a direct look, almost as if he could see Jack (which of course he couldn’t). “What do I want you to do? Well tell you what, for starters, no calling me ‘professor’ – And I mean it,” he said sternly, pointing a finger accusingly at the screen, “I’m having none of that, that name belongs in the past and it’s staying there, got it?” Then his serious facade dropped in an instant, as he said brightly, “Good. Molto Bene! I’ll explain what I need you to do in a minute, you’ll see.”

Sgt. Mini Fillmore
“Aha,” the Doctor exclaimed, his attention now on the next message, “Sergeant Fillmore! Good to see you replied. Wasn’t sure whether you’d answer or not.” He took off his glasses for a moment, giving another stern look at the screen. “And trust me, Sergeant Miniqwa Fey Fillmore; I’m being deadly serious about this.” Then his tone of voice changed. “Oh, and if you want to know who ate that chicken leg, I’ll give you a hint, his name begins with a ‘g’.” He gave her a small quick wink (Or was that just imagined?) before proceeding to slide his glasses back on as he read the next message.

Emerald Marie Ivy
“Ivy! Great to see you – well, figuratively speaking of course, since I can’t see you. It’s brilliant that you’ve replied. Hope your dear grandmother’s not giving you too much grief. And yep, don’t worry; I’ll explain to all of you what you need to do once we’ve got introductions out the way.”

Mikael Quinn
“Mikael Quinn,” he exclaimed, beaming away, “Oh I should’ve known you’d reply, goody gumdrops indeed!…Mind you,” he said a lot more seriously, a cold look about his dark eyes, “I’m keeping an eye on you. You used to work for the old Torchwood, didn’t you? Don’t make me regret my decision to contact you. Nothing personal, but as far as I’m concerned you’re still one of them. Go out there and prove me wrong. I know you can.”

Eric Andrews
The Doctor’s mood soon lightened again when he saw the next message on his screen. “And is that Eric Andrews? Wonderful to have you along. And er yeah, sorry for calling you on a case. Particularly that one…Unfortunately, there was no way around that. Dialling up from the other side of the universe, I’m usually lucky if I send this to the right year, let alone the right moment of the day. And I’m afraid this is a lot more urgent than any case you’ve faced…well, so far anyway.
_ _ _
“Now,” the Doctor said finally, “That seems to be about everyone for the moment, so I might as well start from the beginning. I’m not sure if you are aware, but back in July 2006, there were supposed sightings of ‘ghosts’ all across the globe – you probably saw it on the news, reported as mass hallucinations. But those weren’t hallucinations. They weren’t even ghosts. Those were cybernetically augmented creatures known as Cybermen, and they travelled here from another dimension through a crack in the universe. That crack was sealed off, but it’s left a scar running right through this dimension. And its weakest point is on Earth. That’s where the breach started. If something were to find a way to reopen that breach, it would threaten the existence of this whole dimension. This reality you’re standing in right now could collapse. And something is trying to break through.
And we have big problems. Torchwood 3 has told me that there has been a severe increase in the number of aliens on Earth, particularly from the original point where the breach began, which is in Central London, and from certain rifts in time and space, which Torchwood are monitoring. The greatest of those rifts is in Cardiff, Wales, but at the rate this going it won’t take long for the cracks to show up all over the world. I need your help to make sure it doesn’t get that far. The more life forms that slip through, the wider the breach gets. We need to find a way of stopping them from coming through. That’s what I was trying to do before I got stuck here. Only now I don’t have any way of getting out of here. For one thing the TARDIS – that’s my spaceship, is still stranded out on the planet Ariesia. I need someone to go and fetch it for me. Torchwood should be able to help you with that…” the Doctor began to mutter, “If they ever decide to reply, that is. But sorry, sorry, while I’ve been talking and talking away I completely forgot to ask…any questions so far?” The Doctor looked enquiringly at the screen.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:01 pm

James looked at the tv screen of the doctor who was live in the room, Julie was watching as well "Isn't that the strange Doctor man you obssess about every time you hear that odd wooshing noise? Or whenever 'Alien' occurances happen?" Julie rolls her eyes when she says Aliens. "Oh shush Julie! He's actually talking to us, he contacted me but I got so flustered I passed out and missed how to contact him back, here pass me your mobile. Julie handed him her mobile, James proceded to text to the number off the screen which seemed to be flashing accross the screen like they do in bidding channels. His text read something like this 'Hey Doctr, is James Holmes hre. Soz not to contct U before but past out when I saw U. Im willin to do wateva U want.' James wasn't too good at texting which is very obvious by his poor text speak.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:46 am

Five sunrises, now that would be a sight.
Harold drank down the last of his beer as he watched the sun set from his hotel rooms balconey; the velvet landscape was unctuated by a golden horizon. Harold smiled.
He'd left the burly man at the resturant flabbergasted after polishing off some choice selctions from the menu, excusing himself to the BBC agent that he would no longer be able to help as a better offer had turned up. The agent had just watched Harolds back as he strolled towards the lift.
Now back in his room, Harold had contimplated for a short while if he acted wisley, but as soon as the doctor had appeared on his screen again and mentioned him by name - all the doubt washed away.
"So there areothers then?
He half listened to the troubles the doctor seemed to want to get him into, filling his head with ideas about five suns. Five suns. Five sunrises. Harold closed his eyes and smiled in euphoria.
Opening them again he saw the doctor finish.
"I suppose you want me to get back to England then, maybe evenCardif?" The traveller waited for a response, then chuckeled to himself at his foolishness. The doctor couldn't hear him. He typed it in a message instead.
England or Wales your call. How do get in contact with... He tried to remember what organisation he had referd to in his messasge. Firewood or something. ...Firewood? And one last possibly important thing, how are we ment to stop aliens from invading earth via this rip in the world?
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact

Postby aj_gatsz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 am

Jack leaned back as The Doctor scolded him about the name. Jack was one of the younger generations, and grew up with chat and internet, so from his mind things went directly to his fingers, and words started to flow. „Alright, alright sorry... geee, don’t bite my head off. Yeah I got a couple of questions. First of all will this be a longer trip? I mean should I take some provisions, and clean underwear or can I expect to get back home in a day? And about the aliens, is their presence here distorting time-space-relativity, making the rip bigger, or is the act of getting through, like poking whole in a sock? I ask, because I… I mean what should we do with them? Should we send them home… because if it’s the later case it should make the gap wider, or should we just round them up, so they don’t do anything stupid while they are here. I mean I don’t think you expect us to blow them all up or something. What kind of aliens are we talking about? Are they sentient, smart, or just big ugly animals wanting to eat us, or lay their eggs into our brain… I mean if they are kind of smart, and we can talk with them, maybe they are here to solve the problem as well, like a science team or recon, like in Stargate. And should we take something special for the trip? I mean I have a couple of things, but if you want I can mix up something, I have a pretty nice lab here at the collage, so if you need something just tell.” Jack just kept on typing.

Postby sam4books » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:55 pm

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: Barracks (Mini’s Room), Ft. Bragg----Oh, It’s British Dude Again…~

The second time he called, Mini was lying on her army issued bed in her assigned room. Thanks to her rank she didn’t have to sleep in the smaller sleeping quarters that Junior Non-Commissioned Officers (JNCOs) had to stay in. For more than one reason, this probably was a good thing. Not to mention other Senior Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCOs) would rather not share a room with her. Who wants to catch Mini waking up on the wrong side of the bed anyways? At that moment, Mini had already caught her chicken leg eaten, complained in a verbally violent manner, and was now trying to enjoy her personal time. She was planning to read a historic fiction on “D-day” that night, partly to ease her mind, but also because she finds it easy to find good role models in war heroes. She still couldn’t get that mind off that message earlier. He seemed so serious, so honest, yet at the same time seemed out of his mind. The whole thing was crazy actually, and it made her wonder why she even replied? That was so unlike her. ’He probably didn’t even reply’ she thought. But then, just as she thought this, her phone rang again, this time much louder. ”Oh what is it this time?”

It was that strange man again, the one who called himself “the Doctor”. Interestingly enough, he apparently was messaging her right at that very moment. ’Sort of like a webcam’ she thought in retrospect, the only difference being he couldn’t see her. How inconvenient. From the looks of it, she wasn’t the only one contacted. She counted at least two other before she heard his reply to her message. Needless to say, she was really surprised when she heard the Doctor say her full name. ”How does he know that? I never told him that!” And what’s even better, he knew about the chicken leg. She didn’t know how or why, but he knew about the chicken leg. She could only stare in utter shock at the screen before her, suspended in disbelief. Deep within her mind, she knew the only explanation was that what this man before was saying was true. It was so much to take, but it did explain the name thing (and the chicken leg). This man really did seem like he could travel through time. That was enough to convince her that she could trust that this man knew what he’s doing, she just hope she wasn’t going to regret trusting this man.

As for the Doctor’s little tidbit…well, it took her no time at all to figure out just who he was talking about. ”….McKinley….” she seethed, obviously angered by that man’s stupidity. Of course it was a no-brainer it was him, no other man would dare to eat from her plate without her permission. ”Honestly, when will that guy learn?” From the looks of it, that was never going to happen in a long while. Well, he shouldn’t be surprised when he finds that he has extra cleaning duties.

The Doctor soon finished all of his replies (five people, he replied to five other people), and was now telling them of what exactly he wanted them to do. When he mentioned the ghosts from 2006 she groaned loudly. She hated those ghosts, because her stupid stepbrother never stopped bothering her about it. They drove her nuts. And those ghost-related commercials weren’t funny either, they were just a pain. She smiled when the Doctor mentioned they weren’t even ghosts, ’I knew it!’ But what she heard next erased that rare smile she wore. ’Cyberman? …Really?’ And apparently it was those ghosts, or Cyberman, or whatever that was causing this rift thing. Plus, now something’s trying to get through, and apparently the biggest rift was in Wales. The whole thing sounded like something Noah would like, with the whole rifts in time and space thing. She remembered him having a thing with physics back when he was in high school. Science and English, those two were always his best subjects. She just hoped he wasn’t anywhere near Britain at this moment, she remembered him talking about London being some sort of “hot spot” for alien activity (especially around Christmas), but if she remembered correctly they should be in Mexico right about now. Or at least…that’s what she hoped. For now she wouldn’t tell him anything about the rift in Britain least he tries to go there him-self and do something stupid. He’d like hearing about this Doctor guy though.

She was very confused by all this talk about Torchwood. She never heard of anything of the sort, and from the looks of it, it sounded like a secret organization. The sort Noah would’ve known about. Heck, she wouldn’t be surprised if he did know of Torchwood. Spaceships, planets, aliens, all of these things were exactly what Noah had been bothering her about for years. They’ve been looking all over the country for signs of the paranormal (although she her-self didn’t really care) and they had found absolutely nothing in all cases. But here she was being messaged by a guy who was living proof her brother was right and these things really did exist. She didn’t really know if she wanted to go out to another planet or whatever just to fetch this strange man. She didn’t even know if she’d be able to take it. She would much rather stay here on Earth, where she could remain in contact with her stepbrother. What would happen to him if she were to leave, even for a little while? How was she to know that she’d be able to come back before what the Doctor was warning her about happened? No, she would stay. Some of the other contacts would probably do it, from the sound of the Doctor’s replies to them. But she still was curious on what this “Torchwood” was.

Mini typed in her response, You keep on mentioning some sort of organization called ‘Torchwood’. What is it exactly? What do they do? And how are we to contact them? I’ve heard of plenty of government agencies, but I’ve never heard of this one. Oh, and thanks for the tidbit by the way. Mini was certain that despite her decision to stay on Earth, she would at least like to have contact with these people. Back up was always a good thing after all.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:50 am

Mikael chuckled in his car as he watched the Doctor's reply. He was mildly unnerved at the doctors cold stare, but then again so was everyone else, and was glad to see it go when the bulk of the message started. He calmly listened to the message, his left eyebrow raising at the mention of torchwood but Mikael seemed to take all the information in his stride and smiled. Oh doctor doctor doctor... he murmered to himself as he cruised down the highway. This is going to be enjoyable, I can see that already, I'm mildly surprised about the cybermen though, I was wondering where they'd come from, they certainly weren't ghosts anyway. he muttered as he took out a CD and spun it around in his right hand. Anyway, I can asure you, Doc-tor he said aloud to himself, drawling out the "tor". My business with Torchwood was strictly professional, and you've nothing to fear on that front, I'm a NOTH-ING, like those foolish stuck-up t-wats hahahaHAHAHAWOOOOHAHAHAHAH. He screamed wildly as he slid the CD in and stuck his head out the window. He tapped his fingers on the roof of the car to the rhythm of the introduction, nodding his head to the beat.

Living easy, loving freea he yelled along, smiling happily as he slid his tinted blue glasses on to stop the air rushing into his eyes. Sea-son TIC-KET for a one waayy riiddeee. Ask-ing NOTH-THANG, leave meh bee, Taken ev-ery-thing, in mah strideee, Don't need RHY-THAMM, Don't need no rhyme, Ain't not NOTH-ANG I would rath-err dooo. GO-ing down, Bay the TIEYMMMEEEeeee Mah Friend's are Gon-na BE THEREEEEE toooooo, I'm ON a HIIIIGH-WAY to HELL, YEE-HAA, ON the HIIIGH-WAY to HELL, I''LL BE SEEING YOU DOC-TOOORR YAHHH He screached wildly into the night.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mastermind001 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 pm

[Eric Andrews]

“ The way your talking,you already know the case I'm on.”
Eric commented. He looked around for side to side on the streets and up above on rooftops to make sure, in case. He had been watched before on another case, so it helps to be a little cautious. Suddenly Eric was blinded by a light, a photographer for the local news paper took a snap shot. “ Damn reporters, I swear. They're going to blind me one of these days.” Eric cursed. He rubbed his eyes and continued “Sorry about that, the photographers around here are very annoying. Now what did you say, something about an urgent case.”

After listening to the man talk about the case, Eric had but one thought “ This guy is loony.” However, what stopped Eric from hanging up on the doctor was simply because he mentioned a few choice words “Cybermen” and “Ghosts”. The Cola-Nut, missing people case came to mind as he recalled hearing a newbie of Unit mention the name Cybermen in a whisper tone when it look like he wasn't listening. “ Cybermen, they don't happen to have steel face plates similar to Iron Man and a handle bar on their forehead?” Eric asked as he had wondered if the Cybermen look like the helmet and hand he recovered from the Cola-Nut site.

“And other than that, and if I were to believe this. How do I pilot a Tardis in the first place. Last I checked, I'm an earthman so ships like that seem beyond my skill range.”
Eric said as he still wasn't exactly believing the whole outer space vibe this guy was dealing. “ And what does it look it and is there any defenses towards to? I mean, I can't just open the door and walk right in, right ?” He questioned.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:44 pm

James Holmes
Suddenly, another message appeared on the Doctor’s screen. “What’s this?” he frowned. However the Doctor seemed to have no difficulty at all in reading the message. He grinned “Ah, James Holmes, you took your time didn’t you? Good to have you along. Also, I know I seem to have that effect on people, but do me a favour and try not to pass out at the sight of me next time, alright? You could miss something important. Now,” the Doctor moved on, “Questions…oh,” he said, scanning through the messages, “a lot of questions! That’s good. I do like an inquisitive mind. Let’s start with Harold’s…”

Harold Newman-Jones
The Doctor adjusted his glasses, shifting his position. As he began to animatedly talk, from time-to-time he made gestures with his hands to emphasise his point. “Well, I’m not sure of the exact situation down in Cardiff or London. Torchwood – not Firewood but you were close, they probably have a better idea; they’re the people you’ll need to speak to. And don’t worry about contacting them, they’ll contact you. They’re good with that. As for your other question, how are you meant to stop life forms invading Earth…that’s a heck of a question. A good question, mind you…but you’re talking about something that covers a huge range of answers. What you’ve got to remember is that rip in the world is letting all sorts of creatures through. Some of them might want to invade, some may want to destroy, or some may have gotten lost or some may want to help. How you need to deal with them will depend on what it is they want, and why they’re here. I’ll try and help you as best I can…but I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, it’s going to be down to you. That’s the best answer I can give you right now.”

Jack Bowman
The sincerity in the Doctor’s tone soon gave way to a smile as he read the next set of questions. “That’s a lot of questions,” he commented. “Well, firstly, I can’t honestly say how long it’ll take. It’s not like a ride in the TARDIS where I can take you back home in a jiffy, this is happening in your timeline on Earth, right now. So I’d come fully prepared if I were you, and that goes to all of you. Thirdly – no, wait, secondly….you’re really good at this aren’t you? Well, guess I should’ve expected that. And in regards to the void, it’s not so much the aliens’ presence here that is the damaging factor, but the act of them travelling through the void…like poking a hole in a sock, you’re right. In fact this happened once before, when the Cybermen came through a few years back. Last time was different though…last time I was able to reverse the effects and pull everything that travelled through the void back into it, and then seal the breach permanently. In theory, I could do that again, but that would be assuming there is nothing to reopen the breach. And there is. As I’ve said, there’s something out there, in the void, and it’s trying to break though. And it’s not just effecting the breach the Cybermen travelled through…it’s sending shockwaves throughout the entire dimension. In the simplest of terms, imagine you have, say, a window. Someone tried to break it, and it’s left the window pane cracked and splintered. You could fix it by mending the cracks and sealing it back up…but what’s to stop that same person breaking the window again? See the problem? Dealing with the aliens that come through the breach, that’s the main ongoing problem. But to stop this completely, we need to find out what’s behind all of this. As for what aliens you’re gonna be faced with and what to do with them – same as I said to Harold. Absolutely anything could slip through into this world, and all with different intentions. I could go through a whole list if you like, but that would take us from here to next year, if not longer. And as for your last question…” the Doctor paused. “Mixing up something for the trip...you wouldn’t by any chance be talking about something particularly dangerous that you shouldn’t carry around with you, would you?” He asked with a frown. But looking closely, there was just the hint of a smile. “If it is what I think it is, then no. Absolutely not. Com-plete-ly out of the question, you know that.”

Sgt. Mini Fillmore
The Doctor moved on to address Mini. “No problem,” he smiled. “And what is Torchwood? Well, basically, they’re a secret organisation that detects and investigates alien life on Earth. Even the United Nations are unaware of their existence. They prefer to work under the radar, away from government agencies. A bit like…” the Doctor clicked his fingers, as if trying to remember something. Then he pointed with his hands, as it suddenly hit him. “I know what it’s like! Men In Black – that’s exactly what it’s like. Only, the British version, and, less ‘Black suit and shades’, more ‘T-shirt n’ jeans’. Well, the newly reformed Torchwood is anyway – that’s the Torchwood now run by a friend of mine, if you’re wondering. Goes by the name of Captain Jack Harkness.”

Introducing: ~Captain Jack Harkness~
“You called, Doctor?” came a distinct American voice out of the blue. The screen suddenly split in two; the Doctor on one side, and a dashing man in a RAF Greatcoat on the other. The new arrival saluted to the Doctor’s many contacts with a charismatic smile.

“Captain Jack Harkness, Head of Torchwood 3 and Leader of the new Torchwood Institute,” he said, introducing himself. “And hi there, ladies and gentleman,” he began with a slightly flirtatious smile, but the Doctor cut him off.
“-Not now, Captain Jack, behave. There’s a time and a place.”
The Captain looked innocently surprised. “What? I was just saying hello.”
“Exactly,” said the Doctor. “And – hold on a minute, you can’t even see them.”
“Hasn’t stopped me before,” Captain Jack winked. “And by the way, Mikael, nice picture.”
“Jack,” the Doctor warned in an undertone.
“Sorry” Jack Harkness collected himself. “So, anyway sorry we didn’t get in touch before now. My team’s been rushed off their feet with the influx of rift activity, and I’ve been…preoccupied down here in London.” He did not elaborate. “But we noticed you’ve hacked into our Subwave Network. You know, if you needed to use it you could’ve just asked.”
“Yeah,” said the Doctor, “Well, sorry, save explanations for later, right now I think my other contacts need their questions answered.”
“I can help with that,” Captain Jack volunteered. “After all, since Torchwood has as much access to the Subwave as you do, Doctor, I can read all the messages too.”
“Good to hear,” the Doctor nodded.
“Anyway, moving on…”

Eric Andrews
“Of course I know what case you’re on, Eric. I told you, I’m a time traveller. If you don’t believe me, that’s fine. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you to watch your step in about…5 seconds.” The Doctor paused a moment, before continuing. “Yep. Thought as much. And I know for a fact you’re still not going to believe me. But you’re still not going to hang up, either…especially when I tell you the next part, which is yes, Cybermen do look like that. Trust me, it’s a good thing UNIT showed up when they did, you had a lucky escape. And the Tardis, it’s disguised as a 1960’s British police box. Looks like a little blue box. Can’t miss it.”
“As for piloting the Tardis,” Captain Harkness spoke up, “I’ve piloted many ships in my time, including the Doctor’s Tardis…” The Captain looked to the Doctor, the hint obvious.
“Oh, go on then Jack,” the Doctor muttered, looking like he was going to regret saying it. “You can drive her…But,” he added sternly, “If I find one scratch on her…!”
“Don’t worry, Doctor,” the Captain reassured him over the subwave link, “I’ll make sure to drive safely. You can count on me.” He saluted.
---
The Doctor still looked unconvinced but he nodded and moved on. “So, Captain, I’m going to hand over to you in a short moment…I can’t really stay much longer. But before I go,” he said, addressing everyone again, “Any further questions?”
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:11 pm

Harold blinked suddenly as another new face appeared on his phone, he would have to invest in some course on how to work these things effectivly.
This was a lot for Harold to get his head round, but had talked to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for the next avalible filght non the less and had only to pick up the tickets from the desk.
He began to text: Doctor, i can catch a flight back to England within a few hours if that is where i should be?

He sat back and watched the rest of the exchange between the two characters on the phone; the answers sparodically coming from the Doctor made Harold smile as he hadn't even thought of the questions they were covering. He had been so interested in the sunrise, he had not really considered its implications. Yet he was commited and it had been a long time since Harold had really experianced the unknown - it was exciting him!

Postby aj_gatsz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 am

Jack Bowman

Jack laughed out, as he saw the new arrival, and kept on typing. “Captain Jack, LOL… hehe, that’s rich… :D Ok, sorry… I’m sure people tease you with that a LOT… sorry.” He sniggered. “Got the message loud and clear Professor, absolutely no N-9 this time.” He typed, and grinned mischievously. “None of mom’s old stuff, that’s for sure. But he didn’t say anything about my own… or something more… what’s the word again… commercial, yes.” He muttered to himself. “So it’s basically making sure that the aliens stranded here behave, right? But where should we go? I’m in London right now, so I guess it would be the best to meet with the Captain somewhere.” He typed and took a swing from his bull. “Well I’ll probably need to be prepared better… time to take out the backpack.” He said, and took out his laptop, trying to set up a Wi-Fi connection to transfer the conversation to a more mobile platform. “Well, I’ll need some time to prepare myself, pack drink and food… and clean underwear, yes clean underwear. Should take some time, but I have my laptop so I’ll hear you while I get my stuff, no worries.” He finished the message, and got up from his desk.
Alright, got the backpack, hmm quite big. First I need something to drink. Red-bull, in you go... six should be enough. Stuff to eat. Let’s see what we have, chips… good, sweet rolls… good, chocolate… even better, peanuts…YES! That’s should do it. Ok so this goes here, and into the other compartment goes the good stuff… let’s see what will I need, a pan, spatula, blowtorch… I’m sure someone can lend me a Swiss army knife… And maybe a trip to the lab to pick up some stuff, potassium nitrate, aluminum powder, iron oxide, magnesium… yes that’s important, potassium permanganate, maybe some glycerin… and maybe I should mix more N-10, six balls may be not enough after all.
Jack threw the backpack over one shoulder, took the laptop into his other hand, and headed out to gather all the ingredients he might need.

Postby CrystalynnJade » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Ivy bit her thumb nail, this was crazy just going off like this and unless she could find a credible reason her grandmother would be pissed. "Hum... what to do, what to do." Ivy muttered to herself. Gently placing her fingers back to the keyboard Ivy hummed again.
'Doctor if you know my grandmother as well as you say then you know that unless I can prove to her that I am doing something she will not be to happy with me if I up and leave. Is there anyway you can make it look like I took a job in either place? Then it would be no problem.'
"Well little problems," Ivy shook her head," But I can deal with those when I get to them." Ivy pulled the previous site over the Doctor's video pop up thing when she heard her grandmother coming back into the room.
"Don't you have to leave soon for work Emerald?" Her grandmother had her purse in her hand and a small jacket on, she was obviously on her way out. "No grandma today is a blackout day, as in a day for use to rest our voices and such."
"Well don't cause any trouble and I will be out late so you will have to get something to eat yourself."
"Alright grandma, love you."
With that her grandmother left the small house with a click of the front door and the lock sliding into place.
"Gee she still treats me like I'm five and can't take care of myself." . Ivy muttered as she closed the page she had placed in front of the Doctor and whoa some other cute guy had just appeared on her computer. Ivy blushed then shook her head fiercely, not the time Emerald Ivy, she scolded herself mentally. "Oh so he's the head of this Torchwood place..." Ivy reached over a turned up the volume on her computer to max, which had been put very low before so not to catch the attention of her grandmother; so she could still hear everything that was going on then, walked across the hallway to her bed room. "Well I'm going to have to get packed any way might as well start now."
Last edited by CrystalynnJade on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby sam4books » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

~Sgt. Mini Fillmore: Barracks (Mini’s Room), Ft. Bragg----Thank God He’s Not a Commissioned Officer~

Mini was certain of it now, this “Torchwood” really did sound like the sort of thing Noah would know about. But the thing was with the United Nations being unaware of this agency it somehow seemed unlikely that Noah would know of it. ’And it’s going to stay that way’ she thought, at least until he gets involved (something she would rather not happen).

There was something about the name of the leader of this organization that irked her though. Maybe it was his title. She did have a bad history with commissioned officers (more specifically those with the title, “Captain”). Even his appearance irked her. And yet she instinctively saluted him back due to most of her life spent as a military brat. From the looks of him, he looked like the sort who would rather goof off than do any work, he sure acts like it. During the exchange between the new face and the Doctor Mini was becoming annoyed by the supposed “leader” of “Torchwood 3”. ’More like their poster boy.’ It was a good thing the Doctor was keeping him in line, it made the time lord seem like more of a person she could tolerate. Jacky on the other hand, well, for now he was a mere joke in her eyes. She’d have to see him in action before she could take him seriously.

----No more questions as far as I’m concerned. But just so you know, I’m not leaving Earth any time soon. However I will dispatch my team and myself to the rendezvous point as soon as possible to help aide you in your quest. Shouldn’t take too long…a little compromising and I will be wherever you need me to be within a day or two tops. Just state the coordinates when you’re ready.---- She then hit send, devising the possible explanations she would give her team for sending them all the way to Britain or whatever. She knew the most difficult part of dispatching her team would be convincing her commanding officers to let her doing so. Still, she was certain she could handle it. If worse comes to worst she may have to sneak her team off to Britain. ”No, that cannot happen.” she said aloud, biting her lip. Mini typed in another message, ----Although, I will need a good reason for leaving my post in favor of a country overseas.----
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm

~The Hub (Torchwood 3 HQ), Cardiff~
Introducing: ~The Torchwood Team~

“…And, power’s back online at 100%,” stated Ianto Jones.

“If any more Weevils come through that rift I swear I’m going to have a fit,” said Owen Harper, swapping his leather jacket for a lab coat and marching moodily towards the Torchwood autopsy room.

Gwen Cooper let out a weary sigh. “That’s the second time this week the rift has drained our resources like that,” she complained in her distinct Welsh accent. “And what could possibly be causing something like this anyway? All this rift activity…all this increase in aliens…? I’ve never seen it on such a scale.”

“Perhaps what the Doctor suggested is right,” said Ianto softly. “Maybe there’s something else out there…”

“What?” Gwen scoffed. “In some sort of void between parallel dimensions? But that can’t be real can it? There’s no such thing as parallel worlds.”

“You really need to read the Torchwood archives, Gwen,” said Owen, reappearing momentarily as he snapped a pair of white rubber gloves on. “You know, it turns out back before it was destroyed, Torchwood One was investigating into the possibility of parallel worlds. They found this big rip in the universe in the centre of London. ‘Built the Canary Wharf skyscraper just to gain access to it. Coffee boy over there can tell you all about that,” he said, pointing a medical-gloved hand to Ianto, before making his way back to the operating theatre.

“Yes, I worked there,” muttered Ianto. “But we never got too far with our investigations. Our organisation was foolish to tamper with something we barely understood, and we paid the price…” he trailed off. He didn’t want to be reminded. He still had some mental scarring from his experience.

“Guys,” spoke Toshiko Sato next to the Torchwood computers, “I think you need to come and see this.”

“What now?” came a rather irritated voice from the operating theatre. Owen’s head appeared around the corner again, “I’m just about to dissect a Weevil with severe stomach problems, so unless you want shit-knows what squirted all over Torchwood, can I please have a moment of peace?”

Gwen and Ianto leaned over towards the computer. Gwen’s mouth hung open on seeing the man with brown messy hair that was on the screen. “That’s him!” she exclaimed. “Owen, it’s the Doctor! You know, that man we were just talking about – the one we contacted to tell him about the rift, or back when the Daleks invaded? You and Tosh missed that.”

“Yes,” said Owen dryly. “Thanks for reminding me. We got stuck in that time-loop that appeared out near Newport – great fun that was. Forty-two hours stuck with no one but Tosh, of all people. No food, no alcohol, no one to shag…And meanwhile you lot were out battling fuckin’ Daleks…!”

Toshiko pretended not to hear Owen’s comments, glancing awkwardly down at her keyboard before concentrating on the screen in front of her. “Look,” she pointed out, “There’s Jack. Trust him to get involved.”

“Looks like things are about to get even more interesting around here,” Ianto commented.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

~Royal Hope Hospital, London~
What are you doing there…?

When Martha and Mickey walked into the next room, they suddenly stopped. Two people were already in there. And what was really intriguing was that the Doctor and Captain Jack Harkness (Martha nearly laughed) were on the Tv screen, appearing to be talking to them.

Martha and Mickey exchanged looks. “Do you think…?” whispered Martha, pointing at where James Holmes and Julie were standing.

“Only one way to find out,” said Mickey with a slight grin.

Martha walked up to James and Julie. “Excuse me, hi,” she said warmly. “I’m Doctor Martha Jones. Sorry but…do you know those people?” She gestured to the TV screen.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - -
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Harold was walking down the back stairs of his hotel towards the loby, his rucksack slung over his back containg the fews things he travelled with. His worn 'cowboy' hat was held tight by the bags straps but he still had one eye on his phone in his hand in case the Doctor started something new. He pushed open the door hidden in the alcove and stepped out into the airconditioned foyay with replica marbel collums and animal skins on the walls.
Harold walked quickly o the counter and check out, paying with his complimentary BBC card he'd accepted before flying to Africa. He felt a little bad using it know he was no longer working for them, but they had given it him to use anytime in Africa while considering the possition, so it couldn't hurt.
He booked a taxi and waited. He was going to the airport on a hunch that he would need to head back home, back to either Wales or England. If the... Harold paused, he couldn't remember what the doctor called... rift that was it. If the rift was there, then maybee thats where he should be.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Mikael's eyebrows raised right off his forehead and disappeared into his fringe at jack's compliment and he chuckled with a hint of nervousness as he continued to watch the exchange on his phone. He'd pulled over when he saw the conversation getting interesting and had activated the internet connection on his phone, one of the few things he had liked about torchwood were it's numerous little gadgets that made life so much easier. Say doc-tooor, any chance of you telling us where to meet? I've just a half-hour from an airport and i'ld like to know what ticket I should buy.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Harold Newman-Jones
“Catch a flight within a few hours?” the Doctor repeated, “That would be marvellous…only,” he paused. “Captain, what’s the situation down there? ‘Been a while since I was last on Earth, any change?”

“Well, I’ve just neutralised the situation down here in London…for the time being,” he reported. “The old breach to the void in Canary Wharf, formerly known as Torchwood Tower, that reopened, but I managed to get it sealed off. It’s holding, but for how long I wouldn’t wanna guess. I’ve called down Torchwood 2 from Glasgow HQ to help keep an eye on it, and UNIT doesn’t seem to be doing too bad a job down here. Cardiff in Wales, that’s really where we need the help at the moment. Not to mention, what with our facilities and technology at Cardiff, if we should need some sort of a base…” The Captain looked to the Doctor.

The Doctor nodded in agreement. “Cardiff it is. Just make sure you and your team look after them, Jack.”

“Will do, Doctor.” The Captain acknowledged. He held a hand to his Torchwood ear-piece, switching on his blue-tooth. “Toshiko,” he said down the line in a clear voice, “Tell the team to prepare the base.” Jack glanced at the screen with a smile, “Torchwood’s getting some VIP guests.”

“Onto it now, Sir,” spoke a female from the other end, her soft voice just about audible over the Subwave. Captain Jack switched off his blue-tooth again, nodding to the Doctor. “All set.”

Jack Bowman
“Captain Jack,” The Captain repeated, reading the next message, “Yeah kid, I get that a lot…my team never lets it drop,” He sighed. “How I love late 20th-century pop music…not a bad song, though. Kinda suits me.” He smiled.

“And good, glad you got the message,” the Doctor continued, reading the message further. Then he quickly added in a sotto voce, “Still need to work on the ‘professor’ bit, but, guess that’s only to be expected…” He read on further. “Yep, making sure the aliens behave here is exactly what I need you to do. Among other things…but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

“And meeting me in London sounds good to me, if you’re already here,” nodded the Captain. “In fact, I’m just about to head off back to Cardiff now, so – this goes for all of you - if you’re in London, you can meet me down here and we can travel down together. I’m at One Canada Square, just outside Canary Wharf. Shouldn’t be too hard to find me.”

Emerald Marie Ivy
“Yeah,” said the Doctor, scratching the back of his head. “Your grandmother…I can see how it might be difficult to explain. In fact, I can see a lot of you might have that problem.” He paused a moment, “Jack,” he said, addressing the Captain, “Torchwood wouldn’t happen to have any Psychic paper in stock, would you?”

“Torchwood One left a whole crate behind,” Captain Jack replied. He began to smile, realising what the Doctor was getting at. “…I think we might be able to solve your problem, Ivy. Same goes for the rest of you. I don’t have mine with me so…” He handed back over to the Doctor. “Doctor, if you’d like to demonstrate.”

“Not a problem.” The Doctor reached a hand into the inside of his suit jacket, pulling out a plain wallet. He opened it, holding it up to the screen. Inside was what looked like an ordinary blank piece of white paper. “Now, having worked with Torchwood Mikeal should know what this is, but I better explain it to the rest of you,” said the Doctor brightly. “This, is psychic paper. Might look like a blank piece of paper, I know…but if you show this to anyone else, it’ll show them whatever you need them to know. Trust me, it’ll work. Think of it as a fake ID card or fake documentation, only a lot more clever. If you need some way of explaining things, or a fast track to get yourself on a plane, this should help you. All you need to do is look confident and hand this paper over to whoever you need to show it to. The paper should do the rest…although I imagine some of you may need a verbal explanation to back it up.”

“Oh yeah,” Jack Harkness added, “but no abusing it. That goes for all of you. Only use it if you have to, and as soon as you reach Cardiff, we’ll be taking it back. If you’ve used the paper to get large sums of money out the bank, or any other method of abuse, we’ll know about it. So please only use it to explain your absence to people and get yourself on a flight over here.”

The Doctor nodded, “I endorse that. Psychic paper’s not to be used lightly. Only use it as an escape route; no cheap tricks.”

“Right,” said Captain Jack, “Thanks to the Subwave network and our database, we’ve got all your addresses and locations now, and we at Torchwood happen to have a small teleporter on our hands, so issuing you all with psychic paper shouldn’t be a problem. In fact…” He spoke into his ear-piece. “Toshiko, did you get that?”
“Loud and clear Jack…should only take a few minutes to prepare the teleporter and lock on to everyone’s co-ordinates.”
“Let us know when it’s ready,” Captain Jack nodded.

Sgt. Mini Fillmore
The Doctor frowned a little, as he moved on to Mini’s message. “Oh. Sorry to hear you plan to stay on Earth.” The disappointment in his voice was evident. He took a deep breath, his voice taking on an accepting tone. “But that’s fine, that’s fine. It’s your call. It would’ve been good to have your help though – after all, this situation isn’t just global, it’s universal. Earth’s at the heart of the problem, but there are other planets out there that need help too, but…ah,” the Doctor realised, “Your worried about your brother, aren’t you? I’m sure he’d be fine. I could get Torchwood to keep an eye on him, if you’re worried for him.” Then he added casually, “Oh, did I forget to mention my ship travels in time? In theory you could leave Earth and be gone for only a few seconds. But, if you really want to stay on Earth…” he trailed off. “Guess there’s no stopping you.”

The Doctor’s frown only got deeper as he read on. “Oh and Sergeant,” he said, his voice gentle but showing authority, “This is not a military operation. I’m asking for your personal help – not your team’s. If that’s going to be a problem for you, then by all means dispatch your team…but trust me, they’re only going to be a liability. I’d prefer it if you just brought yourself. This isn’t a military affair – not yet it isn’t, not if I can help it. Neither is it a situation where ordinary armed forces are going to be of much help. If the worst comes to the worst, then yes your team could prove useful – but certainly for now I’d strongly advise you to not get them involved.”

“Not to mention, sorry, but I’m not letting the military anywhere near Torchwood,” added Jack, keeping his tone as polite as he could. But the message the Captain gave off was clear: No way.

“Thank you for your input, Jack,” said the Doctor, moving along swiftly, “But the point is, Sergeant, I could’ve easily asked your commanding officers for help. But I didn’t. I asked for your help, and you alone. I know what you can do as an individual, I’ve seen it. And not as a Sergeant, but as a friend, I’m asking you, Mini Fillmore…” the Doctor looked directly to the screen, pausing mid-sentence. He couldn’t see Sgt Fillmore…yet unnervingly even through the screen, the Time Lord’s eyes looked almost as if they could see into her soul. “…Can you help me save the Universe?” He waited for a moment, letting what he had said sink in. Then he said quietly, “I’ll leave you to think that over.”

Mikael Quinn
Then in an instant, the Doctor brightened up as he moved on to Mikeal’s question. “Well, Mik-eeeal,” he said, addressing him in exactly the same way as he had been addressed, “Looks like you’ll be meeting in Cardiff.”

“Or alternatively if you’re in London, you can meet me and travel to Cardiff that way,” added Jack Harkness, “It’s your call. Whichever route you decide on, you should all meet up at the Roald Dahl Plass near Cardiff Bay. It’s just outside the Wales Millennium Centre, not too hard to find. If you could all arrive there at say…3pm Greenwich Mean Time tomorrow, that would be ideal. You can choose to arrive at Cardiff for that time tomorrow, or you can come early and find some accommodation in Cardiff for the night, it’s up to you.”
“Right,” said the Doctor, glancing around him, “I’ve got an escape to plan, so…I’m going to leave you all now in the capable hands of Captain Jack. Captain,” he said, addressing Jack Harkness, “I’m leaving you in charge. I’m transferring control of the Subwave Network back to you as I speak. I’m also going to be sending Torchwood any information you might need, including the co-ordinates for the Tardis.”

“About that, Doctor,” Captain Jack spoke up, “I have some questions of my own. How I’m I going to fetch the Tardis? I gave my Tardis key back to you...and you disabled my Vortex manipulator so that I couldn’t use it anymore, remember?”

The Doctor paused. “Ah…” he said. He clearly hadn’t thought of that.

“But,” Captain Harkness continued, “If the feature hadn’t been disabled by you, my Vortex manipulator would still be capable of Transporting small ships as well as people through time and space…so theoretically speaking, if I told you I’d managed to re-enable that feature – which of course even if I knew how, I wouldn’t dare – but if I had…?”

“Then you could use it,” finished the Doctor, “Yes, that would be immensely helpful. But of course, you wouldn’t have gone against my wishes and done that –”

“-No way, of course not,” Jack Harkness agreed. “I’ve learnt my lesson, no space-hopping with a Time Agent vortex manipulator.” Then he grinned. “Thanks Doctor.”

“Don’t mention it,” the Time Lord replied. Then he addressed everyone, “Now I really have to go, so sorry if you have anything else to say, it’s going to have to wait. Or you could just ask Captain Jack, if it’s something he can answer. Hope to speak to you again soon, but in case I don’t…good luck.” The Doctor’s side of the screen became static.

“…Jack,” came a voice over Captain Jack’s blue-tooth, which was just about audible to the Doctor’s contacts, “Owen noticed one or two problems with the teleporter but it’s been fixed now. I just thought I’d let you know before we start sending the psychic paper over,”

“Thanks Gwen,” replied the Captain, glancing to the screen. “I think we’re about ready. Send it through.”

“Oh,” said Gwen’s voice over the Torchwood Com, “And tell ‘em to be careful, it’s hot. A slight side-effect of sending it through the teleporter.”

“Maybe we should call it ‘Hotmail’?” suggested another voice in the background.

Captain Jack almost laughed, then nodded, “Doesn’t rhyme, but not bad Ianto.”

“Teleporter primed and ready,” stated Toshiko over the line, “Co-ordinates, ready. Sending psychic paper in 3…2…1…”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

FWOOOOSHH….
Where ever the Doctor’s contacts happened to be, a bright hot-white glow appeared next to or near to them for the briefest of seconds. It was accompanied by a futuristic sweeping noise, like something being sucked out of the air very fast, only in reverse. As the light disappeared, a thin black leather wallet fell out of the space where the light had been, dropping until it hit whatever surface was beneath it with a soft thud. The corners of it were steaming, as if someone had just taken it out of a microwave. Once the wallet had cooled down, if one were to open it they would find a blank piece of thin white card, similar to the one the Doctor had shown them earlier.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

“I’m assuming everyone got that ok?” Captain Jack Harkness asked them all from their screens. “Now is everyone clear what’s going to happen? Any last questions? I wouldn’t like to end this transmission with any of you still confused.”
Time Lady

Next

Return to Role Playing