Dalelands D&D based RP

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dalelands D&D based RP

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:38 am

Chaos. Rayle loved it.

The bard really did put the ‘chaotic’ in chaotic neutral. In fact if he lived in the day and age of enlightened minds and electricity the eccentric fellow would have been diagnosed with several personality disorders attributing to this, even bordering on having a split personality.

Thus when a raven clawed viciously at some unlucky priest and that cunning drow did do a runner, the Seeker of The Song chuckled under his voice as two Morning Guard thundered into pursuit, him following.

Rayle judged his actions on how fun they would be, and this one seemed quite obvious. His foot struck out, a smile crossing that mischievous face as he was rewarded by the sound of one guard falling flat on his face. The other had not enough to time react before the reinforced edge of Rayle’s harp met his face with a shattering crunch, knocking the man flat on his back.

[i]“Butterfingersâ€

Postby Shebum Devi » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:50 pm

(I'm going to throw her in the woods)

Lor'delai wasn't much of an adventurer despite her lineage. She tended to stay rather close to the elven village of Elvestree, feeling it as her proper place in the world. Though as of late, she's been wanting to break free of the mundane and peaceful dwellings to see what lied beyond.
But a part of her wanted to stay. Why change what worked? Every once in awhile she'd tend to the wounds of some unlucky journeyman who had a run in with an orc or what have you. This should've been enough to want her to stay put, but alas...
Lor'delai fixed herself at the edge of the woods looking on to Moonsea with arms folded over her elegant attire. Her weapon, a bow and arrow strapped on for security when she was off on her own. Then sun gleamed through her long silver hair as she closed her eyes and prayed to her goddess, Mielikkis for guidance.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Mandy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:10 pm

Lia heard the crash and turned. Seeing there was a mysterious person in pursuit of her, she threw three shurikens at him and as he was paying attention to them, she ran into a nearby room. Damn, I thought the morning ceremony was later. And who is that? Did the church hire a mercenery?! I should have not come back here when they caught me trying to steal money from the collection box last month. When she entered the room there was a frightened nurse on the bed. She sat there, frozen in fear and prayed to her god. "Shut up and be quiet!" Lia looked around and noticed that the room had no window. "What the?!"

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:13 pm

Dasiuss arived at the Libary with Jordanis. "Lets see if this place is open."
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:21 pm

"Spoony bard!" roared the head preist, an active looking young man. The preist cast another hold on the bard, while a junior preist healed the guards. The nurses frevant prayers were ansewered in a flash of light that blinded the drow.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Mandy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:25 pm

Lia covered her eyes with her hands and dashed out the room. Damn, I can't go in there and I can't find the room I came in AND I can't leave throught the front door. Damn, Damn, Damn. She looked and saw the mercenary was under a hold spell by the head Priest and the gaurds were attempting to capture him. Damnit, I'll just have to fell the gaurds and run out the front door. She took out her rapier in her right and a few shirukens in her left, Lia then made a mad dash to the where the mercenary was.

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:40 pm

"It should be, these places generaly open about as early as the blacksmiths, afterall, it's greatest patrons, the mages in training, have to get up at dawn and begin their studying." He had done some training as a mage, and although he was not wholly proficient, he found that he did like it.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:41 pm

The muscles in Rayle’s body shuddered as if gripped by a fever, beginning to lock as the work of a priest was done.

Think fast…

“A’s tuin’ raeâ€

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:45 pm

Dasiuss opened the door and walked inside. she looked around to see if she can find any type of libarian. When she did she asked where she could find books on Druid magic. After that she went to the back of the libray, as she was told, and found some books On Druid magic that caught her eye. She took them off the shelf and found a comfy chair in the center of the libary where she could sit and read them.
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Jordanis simply looked around, he didn't have anything specific in mind, if he found a new spell, great, if not, he'd find something of interest.
((I believe this is where the GM comes into play.))

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:52 pm

ooc: Yea

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:00 pm

DM:Well excuse me for having class today. And even though a lending library was terribly out of period, I will let you paruse the lore filled, but unfortunately unmagical selections at the Old Skull inn, detailing both regional history, and some primes on the planes and on religion.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby Mandy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:02 pm

Lia stopped short when the Ice appeared and knockd into the on coming mercenary. "What the hell?!" The two fell into a heap of clumsiness. She fell ontop of him, her face inches from his. "AHH!" Her dark tan complection turned bright red. She jumped up and pulled out one of her hidden daggers and held it to the mercenary's neck. "Who are you? Did the priests hire you?!"

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:13 pm

((You seriously think I consider a temporary abscence to be a problem? I'm very willing to wait))

"A shame, theres ussualy at least one book detailing the magical history, and of the local discoveries. Although, this looks to be interesting." He removed a set of maps from one of the shelves, perhaps he could find a cave of sorts, maybe a wyrms cave. He would make sure to check to see if nearby woods diminished on a regular period, and later check the history books for records of the woods burning.

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:17 pm

Ow… well, that was unexpected.

The bard let out a slight yelp of surprise as something cannonballed into him, immediately identified as the drow, and sent him tumbling towards the floor along with her.

The ride ended with Rayle staring straight up into a pair of golden eyes and wondering how many bruises he had acquired on the trip from vertical to horizontal, before realizing just what was actually on top of him. How convenient.

The weight was soon removed however as the drow thief leaped to her feet with speed that took Rayle by surprise, a dagger suddenly hovering above his throat. As he usually did at times like these, he grinned at the blade and spoke slowly.

“My name is Rayle, and no the priests did not hire me. I just decided that helping you would be far more fun than siding with the priesthood. It seems I was right too, wouldn’t you agreeâ€

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:31 pm

The preists began to call spells. One reached out with a lance of light while the head priest casts a spell that seals the doors with stone. Things looked grim, but the remainder simply seemed to be chanting.

Postby Shebum Devi » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:35 pm

A wind picked up, one that desearved recognition out of the spontaniousness of it. She watched as the ivy and vines pointed yonder, not in the direction of her home, but into lands unknown to her other than what she's read in books and heard from by travelers. "If that is what you wish... I will inform the priests of my impending absense..." About facing she returned to her the local temple, hoping for the best. It wasn't like she was the only healer around... but she did make a few close acquantences over the course of her stay.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Mandy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:50 pm

"Rayle is it?" Lia removed the dagger and put it back in it's hiding place, between her breasts. The doors became stone and a hige bright lance appeared trhough the door opening. "SHIT! If you want to help then find a way out!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him up. I really don't want to use my necromancy...

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:00 pm

Waeren moved lightly from one tree to the next, as he began his self apointed scouting duties. He was the farthest ranging of the rangers, going farther, doing more, and finding horrible things. Still even he didn't venture all the way to Myrth Drannor, fallen city of devils and strange magics. He did love these woods though, and sought to keep tabs on the swelling population of Drow down. Some were good seeds, but for every nice one, there were ten or fifteen nasties.
Last edited by Verec on Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:01 pm

"I believe that any information is good information." Dasiuss said opening one of the books she got off the shelves.
She then saw a bright flash outside the window, "Did you see that?" she asked

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:04 pm

"No, of course I didn't see a bright flash outside." Sarcasm, a mans best friend, next to his wolf familiar that was outside of town. He found nothing of interest on thte maps, which was both good, and yet very boring.

Postby Fellguarde » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:05 pm

What an interesting place to keep a dagger…

The bard actually felt rather helpless when he was hoisted to his feet by the drow’s hand; was rather used to doing such things himself. He didn’t have time to dwell on the matter however, due to the fact that without warning the bard pushed himself and the thief away from each other, a lance of dazzling bright light searing through the air where they had formerly stood.

“I always have a way out, my ladyâ€

Postby Verec » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:26 pm

The chanting preists compleated their spells, and a swarm of lantern archons apreared. The tiny beings moved forward, attacking with beams of light the drow woman. Chiming celestial voices scolded her, mocked the choices she had made, chided her petty selfishness.

Postby Mandy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:38 pm

Lia tried to swat away the pests, "Damnit, I didn't want to use my magic!" She took out a powder bag, smelling of spices, and spread a small amount into the air. "Doog Elcric Cigam!" Nothing seemed to happen, but the lights stopped attacking her and the bard. "Come on, get us out of here!"

Postby Shebum Devi » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:39 pm

On her journey back to the city, she decided to take a detour. She searched about the trees, watching the light emerge from between the leaves and branches. She was at peace, her jumble of thoughts fleeting.
Her pointed ears seemed to perk up as she approached a certain area. For the most part, elves carried themselves like the wind, soft and swift, but she could tell someone was nearby, "Must be one of the other rangers..." Climbing gracefully into a tree, her dress trailing lightly behind her, she sought a better veiw. "Who's roaming these parts so far from home...?" Lor'delai inquired.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing