Dalelands D&D based RP

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Dalelands D&D based RP

Postby Verec » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:13 pm

Morning in the Dales. It is the begining of spring, and snow still clings to the leward slopes of the hills. Skullhead looms over the town of Shadowdale, and in it's shadow the tiny converted windmill of the greatest mage in the region, Elminster. The light crept over the woods, bring the whole 150x200 mile area to light.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Re: Dalelands D&D based RP

Postby fuzzylogik » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:42 pm

finally a dnd rp im so in

Postby Nebacanezzar » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:44 pm

I'll join.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:16 am

Do you mind if I join?
I reckon the best way to go out, is to go out with both guns blazing.

My name is Josh... but everyone calls me dickhead for some reason... :(

Location: Australia, QLD, Ipswich, ... Getting too close for comfort

Postby Verec » Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:24 am

Anyone who has taken the quiz to determine the class, race and alignment can jump on in. Feel free to be yourself, and keep it cool.
Referances to the area's history and such can be found
here, here for a map, and if you really want to go indepth, order or buy the FR campain setting.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:04 am

I'm going to retake the quiz, and maybe change my class.

here is the new one

Chaotic Good Elf Ranger Druid
Follower Of Solonor Thelandria
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:18 am

Cool, I'll take it again, cause being a human, is... soo ordinary... I wanna be a Dwarf... More Tavern Brawls thisway mwuahahaaha

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:19 am

lol

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:32 am

Took it again and this is what I got:

Neutral Evil Dwarf Fighter Ranger
Follower Of Abbathor

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:32 am

nice.

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:34 am

MWUAHAHAhaahahah bar brawls here I come :devil:

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:34 am

lol

Postby PyRo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:41 am

Well, thats what Dwarfs are reliable for, drinking people under the table, getting drunk and starting fights... thats every Dwarfs Dream apart from getting really really really rich...

well I'm off, I'll probably Post tomorrow night, laters

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:42 am

I'm pretty sure that your meant to stick with what you first got... it's kinda the whole point of this thing; you play a D&D version of yourself.

~

Morning in The Dales eh? And what a fine one at that! The smell of approaching spring clings to the air as footfalls trudge ever so softly through the slowly diminishing snow. What type of footfalls might you ask? Why, they are the work of a man with a spring in his step, tapping to the lively beat of a musical soul as they carve a winding trail through the blanket of white.

Watch him as he strides, this exotic man, his clothing all shades of colour and made for a life on the go. A cloak swirls at his feet, checkerboard patterns of red and yellow giving him likeness to a harlequin of some king’s court. Black hair is long and groomed to charm, falling to the top of the shoulders in a raven-hued cascade. Just below the top of this feature sits a face full of mischief and song, the face of a bard. He sways he does, drunk upon the humming of his own voice. The tiny ring of rainbow colours upon one finger identifies this man as a Seeker of The Song, a bard devoted to discovering the very first music, the beginnings of rhythm. The beat of the universe.

Rayle stopped with a jolt in the middle of his stride, glancing with mismatched eyes, one of green and the other of blue, at the town of Shadowdale that lay up ahead. Perhaps a tavern to laugh and joke within could be found in this place, or maybe even the call of adventure? Yes, to Shadowdale it is then. So the bard strode on his winding way into Shadowdale...

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:50 am

This isn't where the rp starts, right?

Postby Fellguarde » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:55 am

Not sure. I just made an IC post in case it is.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:02 am

Then I'll do one to

ic: Having traveld for several days, Dasiuss finaly finds a town where she can stay for the night. I hope it isn't totaly human, She thought. Then I would stand out and be ailianated, and I hate that. She walks past a sign that says, "Welcome to Shadowdale."

Postby Verec » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:45 am

The town of shadowdale is dominated by three main structures. First is the Twisted tower of Ashaba, built by Drow centuries ago as a fortress from which they controled the area. It does look dangerously off balance, but the ledges were designed to land flying mounts, even if there are none here today. The second structure is The Hall of Morningdawn, a massive phonix shaped temple to Lothander that looks glaringly out of place for such a small town. the last dominating structure is in fact a natural feature, the massive limestone outcrop that is Old Skull. Near the base of the rounded stone is a pair of interesting buildings, one an inn, the other a old windmill with a path to the door and neumerous outbuildings. The path to the windmill is littered with signs, and the Inn is simply titled the Old skull inn. Further in town, there is another inn, but this one looks to be geared to the person expecting to stay a while.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:51 am

Dasiuss comes to the Old Skull Inn. Seems quiet, she thought,good.
Having payed for her room, she walks out to the road. I wonder where I can find an Armory?
Last edited by Nebacanezzar on Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Acktoo » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:14 pm

OOC: I'll do my usual thing and show up later.
Too good for you.

Postby Verec » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:21 pm

DM: The town blacksmith was the obvious place to stop but the shop was closed, and the farrier didn't seem likely to have a sword or chainmail in stock. At this out of the day, the only other place would be in the Twisted tower. With the armory there, one could lay siege for a week or so to any town in the region. Saddly it wasn't available to the public. On the green a tall pole was studded with the normal gosip and mixed adds and messages.
IC: On the far edge of the Elven forest was the Town of elventree. Here is one of the last real outposts of the elven court, and here is the home of Waeren Goldenhands Cantas. His birth had been an accident, but his presance here was anything but. He was here to make a new home, away from his once favored city of Waterdeep. The woods are much more to his liking these days than the back allys of the big city. He might go back, but he was not going to do that now.

Postby Mandy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:13 pm

Neutral Evil Elf Mage Thief.

Race: Elf
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Primary Class: Mage
Secondary Class: Thief
Diety: Velsharoon, Neutral Evil god of necromancy.

=================================Lia Nailo was hiding behind The Hall of Morningdawn in Shadowdale. Her steps were light and her movements were silent. She climbed the stone wall and creeped in through an open window. "I'll steal one of their sacred items here and sell it in Scardale. That will be a nice war to watch when the preists find out what has happened." She grinned.

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:13 pm

Alignment:
True Neutral
Race:
Elven
Primary Class:
Rangers
Secondary Class:
Mages
Deity:
Silvanus ((I've never played D&D so please, bear with me and tell me when I do something wrong.))

As Jordanis entered the small village, he looked around the village with mild interest. He found himself in front of the blacksmiths craft, a disapointed look crossing his long face. He looked down at his rusty and misshapen scalemail with a look nearing disgust. He then found himself walking towards the tavern, perhaps to get something to drink, and hopefully pass the time.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Nebacanezzar » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:26 pm

What is that elf doing here? Dasiuss thought. "Excuse me good elf, may I ask what you are doing here?"

Postby Forgotten memories » Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:31 pm

Jordanis looked at the elf questioning him. "I believe that, since you yourself are an elf, that the question could be extended back to yourself, but, as a answer to your question, I am awaiting the smiths to open so that I may see about the possibility of reforging my armor." He looked around, wondering where the serving wench was.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Next

Return to Role Playing