Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) ~*Dead*~

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Doctor Who - Defenders of Earth (OOC) |Sign-ups Open|

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Oh he joined just after the Jadoon came, it was because of them he wanted to work there.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:25 pm

Oh, I see...still, I'd be careful if I was him... :p
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Oh am I going to be a focus point? And done.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 pm

K. Accepted.
Oh am I going to be a focus point?
Let's just say that lightning likes to strike the same place twice... ;)
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Doctress Who wrote:K. Accepted.
Oh am I going to be a focus point?
Let's just say that lightning likes to strike the same place twice... ;)

And probably literally in this case.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:05 pm

You'll have to wait and see. I'm not dropping anymore hints.
Time Lady

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Should be G-Ood anyway.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:10 pm

Lol. WHO can say?
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Ahhh! PUNS!
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Archrival » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:13 pm

It'll be a Barrowman (Barrel) of laughs.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby sam4books » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:19 pm

*dies*
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Aw *groans*

I think that's all the puns my head can take... D:
But those puns were, you could say... Molto Bene. or even Fan-TAS-tic! lol

...ok, yeah, thats enough now.
Time Lady

Postby aj_gatsz » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 am

I changed the "Light" theme to something Lighter. :D

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:36 am

Sounds great :)
Time Lady

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Name: Harold Newman-Jones
Race: Human
Personality: An easy going Welshman, with a broad grin and a twinkel in his eye. He always seems happy to find a new place, or see somthing from a different perspective, but he makes time for former friends when he runs into them. But Harold is a traveller who is quite happy to be on his own for extendad periods of time, detached from the world at large, which gives most people, even some close to him, that he is distant and reluctant to share true feelings. Some generous people say that Harold is very good at observing people and their behaviour to better understand them. He will always try something once and he is not held down by too many material things.

Apperance: Harold is roughfly 5'7 and slightly a little fatter than he wishes, due to last months meals with some BBC producer. Usually he is toned with a figure that suggests he used to do a lot of sports. His skin is slighlty tanned from all his travells under the sun, but he is not vain about his colour and only tans to protect himself from burning too quickly. He usually wears sensible clothing for his surronding and often adopts local garb to better 'experiance' their world.
At the moment, Harold is wearing loose fiting blue Thai trousers, a green vest and a green dress shirt unbuttoned and with the sleaves rolled up. He wears trainer/hike boots and always has some sort of large at with him.

Weapons/Equipment:
Rucksack with - Binoculars
- Diary
- Penknife
- I-phone
- Spare socks
- Sunglasses
- Waterskin

Skills/Talents: Harold is a published author and traveller. He acustomises well to most climates and customs, which is helped greatly by his gift for launguages. He is a climber and an archer, with a little bit of knowledge in self-defence.

Faults/Weakness: Despite his outward cheeriness, Harold is very distant from most people, prefering to observe. He is no stranger to getting mixed up with people, but he can quite easily forget them once they are no longer in his sight. He also has done so much travelling and joining differnt cultures, that he feels he no longer has a place for himself and he tries desperatly to find hindself again on another adventure. He also has insatiable wanderlust and is prone to dissappear for a while.

Background: Harold has always been captivated by sunsets and sunrises; he has travelled most of his life over the world trying to find new ones. He is always satisfied, no matter the hardships of an adventure if at the end of the road, he can sit and see either the sun go p or down.
His parents installed this love in him accidently while they took him on buisness trips and 'family' holidays all over the planet. His father was a architectural consultant and his mother was a personel manager for red carpet events. They had money to burn!
Their upbringing of Harold was reasonable despite their workloads and constant travelling, he was loved and cared for, but he had a larger freedom than most.
Harold began learing different languages from an early age, generally so he could order something in whatever country he happened to find himself and his talent for picking the local colour stayed with him through his school years. Unfortunatlly, due to his constant travelling, he didn't make friends for long. Not that he couldn't, he was allways pleasurable as a child, but when you could be jet setting tommorrow, the friends would be quickly forgotten.
University settelled him better, with a constant group of people to share ideas and dreams with, some of whome he allways visits when he returns from travelling. Harold's wanderlust was too strong though to be contempt for too long, and it wasn't soon after his parents divorce that he travelled the standard 'gap year' route. He got drunk, a lot, and lived a party life of a student with no lectures to attend. The only differenace with his tour and that of the other thousand young travellers is that he used his parents money to publish his diary. It wasn't overly fantastic, but universities and travell guides for the young snapped at the idea and he slowly worked up a reputation as travell writer.
It is said there is not much left for Harold to see in the world, but he keeps coming up with new expeditions to the surprise of his publisits, including adventuring through Iraq after anicent sites.
Now in his eary thirties, the BBC has approached him to make a few documentaries as he travelles. Although interested in a different medium, the places the BBC whish for him to cover are less exiting then he would have hoped and far from the style of solo adventuring he is used to. He's looking for something to break away to, somewhere with a new sunset, somewhere with a new dawn.

Theme Tune:
Last edited by Happy Little Gekko on Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Looks great so far. Let me know when you've finished it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Name: Mikael Quinn

Species/Race: Human.

*Organisation: The Old Torchwood, now he's a freelancer.

Appearance: http://api.ning.com/files/9CULN*joP7P5a ... ampire.jpg
This guy except…without the pointed ears and red eyes, they’re blue and green respectively and he’s paler. He’s got the top hat, the cloak, all that stuff. And the sword. Along with more pockets and pouches then the picture.

Personality: Friendly and cheerful so long as it isn’t conflicting in his other interests. He’s a very curious young man and likes to see how things work. He also likes to collect items and other things that he finds interesting, a bit like a magpie. He’s also determined.

*Weapons/Gadgets/Tech: Invisibility, or to be more precise. Really really really really good cloaking device. And an Ipod.

Talents/Skills: He’s good at getting into and out of places, so computer hacking, being sneaky, lying and disguise. He’s also a dead eye shot and he’s fast and agile, really fast and agile. Plus he’s musical.

Faults/Weakness: His left arm is numb so he doesn’t have very good control over it. He gives off bad impressions sometimes, just a bad feeling.

Background: He became an orphan when he was eight under mysterious circumstances and was sent from foster home to foster home because he was suspected of stealing even thought he was never caught, along with other incidents. When he was fourteen and stole the “Stuart sapphire” the day after he visited the museum on a trip the government became interested in him and he disappeared into the system. When he was eighteen Torchwood found him and began to train him as a… hunter. It was his job to make sure that certain..entities didn’t escape, one way or another. After a while they said they’ld pay him more if they got the creatures alive and complete. He normally would only leave his apartment to do work or to go shopping, preferring instead to relax inside on his own where he can be himself. He of course heard rumours about the doctor when he worked with Torchwood but he never really paid attention to it, discarding him as a rumour, and besides even if he was real, he’ld never get to meet him probably

*Theme:

bad one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujzp9ffPwPM

Good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17XDrKu ... re=related
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Dr. i have up a background for you to peruse at your pleasure
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 am

@ MQuinny: Looks great.
Only one thing you need to be more specific on - how does this 'invisibility' work exactly? Is there some sort of device that activates his invisibilty, an implant, or what? And how does it cloak him? Would it cloak his visibility/heat/sound/movement/life presence? Or would he still be able to be detected through one or some of those factors? Would alien technology still be able to detect him if it were advanced enough?

@Happy Little Gekko: Great. Sounds like he'd feel right at home travelling with the Doctor! Accepted.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Would have to be alien tech. Torchwood couldn't detect it and Mikael only found the alien when it was wearing it because it smelt terrible, so you'ld have to be more advanced then torchwood and it's total, otherwise anyone else in the RP who works for unit or torchwood could just whip out heat goggles or something. I've fallen for that before.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

Fair enough. I'm still a bit wary of accepting it...but I see no reason why you can't have it as you described. Just make sure you don't abuse it :P Accepted. I've got to go and have dinner, but I'll add you to the accepted list when I return.
Time Lady

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Mastermind, I've been listening to your theme song, and now I can't get it out of my head! It's really catchy.

On a different note, I'm trying to write up some CS's for the NPC's, but I'm not even certain which characters are going to be NPC's yet. So can I have your opinions on who out of the following you would like to see as an NPC...?

At the moment I'm undecided on the following:
~ Owen Harper (Torchwood character - if you don't know what character I'm speaking about, check out this video)
~ Toshiko Sato (Torchwood character - video here)
~ Donna Noble (You should know this character - if not This should explain it [Warning: contains spoilers])

What do you think? Have all of them in there? Some of them? None of them? I need your opinions.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Donna should most definately be in there, no doubt about it.
In passing

Postby aj_gatsz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:37 pm

I always liked Owen, but Dona is fun as well.

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 pm

I'd say have all three there, if you get bored with them just kill them off or put Donna    into her mind blocked state i thought was a terrible fate but fantastic television   

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing