The Candy Shop IC----Ch2: "The Plentiful Orchard"

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: The Candy Shop IC----Ch1: "Into the Rabbit Hole"

Postby Keiran » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:22 am

Mess off! Hell growled at Chris, with Sin interrupting, Hell! Don’t! He stood quickly and pulled his brother up gently. Then he pushed the smaller boy behind him, barely the hearing protests of Oh, don’t hurt him, Hell, he don’t know! Ya can jus’ git more ya idiot, Hell said aggressively, I’s just candy, ya hav’ the money fer more! Hell, don’t! You’ll git in trouble! And Sin appologized, what more do ya want? Please, don’t! You’ll hurt ‘im. I outta pound ya fer speak to ma brother like that. Please I don’t want trouble, Hell. I jus’ want ta go, ta git away an’ if ya keep actin’ like this they’ll send us away, the smaller boy cried out, tears rolling down his thin face. Sin, don’t defend ‘im, he jus’ a ponce with too much money, who don’t understand th’ world around him, Hell said, more softly now, petting his twin’s head gently, Now no mor’ tears, not fer ‘im. He turned to the small red-headed girl and said much more calmly, Ya hav’ a lot ta learn too. Th’ world ain’t fair, ya gotta fight th’ aggressors. But t’ank ya fer tryin’ ta ‘elp. Hell turned back to Christopher and said clearly, Besides, th’ candy was still good ‘til ya threw it out.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:58 am

Christopher sighed as he rubbed the bridge of his nose and turned to Katydid. Will you please calm down, I merely thought that they could repay me for my lost chocolate, I would have repaid them if I had accidently bumped into them and knocked over their food. I see now that there are other matters which I should have taken into account before requesting compensation, there is no need for you to lose your temper. He turned back to Hell and Sin and grimaced slightly. Firstly, I didn't throw anything out except the wrapper, at least not willingly anyway. Secondly, if you two don't have the money or the means to repay me I understand. I can't ask you to do the impossible. Thirdly, I have an ample knowledge of the world around me, but. Chris glanced back at Katydid and then the twins and sighed again. By all your reactions I think that I must have done something wrong here, so I apoligise for whatever it was, you do not have to get so...emotional. And fourthly. Chris frowned again and asked curiously.

What is a ponce?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:10 am

Katydid rolled her eyes. Someone needs to think before he says things. she thought, then she said, Ponce; Derogatory slang primarily british; noun, 1. a man given to ostentatious or effeminate display in manners, speech, dress, etc. 2. another word for pimp. And before you ask: Ostentatious; Adjective; behaving, done etc in such a way as to be seen by other people and to impress them. Effeminate; adjective; 1. Having qualities or characteristics more often associated with women than men. See Synonyms at female. 2. Characterized by weakness and excessive refinement. Do not ask me to define pimp. Or else She froze, Dammit, Air's gunna be mad at me for being so rude. I must have disappointed her.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:34 am

Riiiigggghhhttt. Chris muttered under his breath. I suppose they're entitled to their own opinion, can not quite see how they got the impression that I amm a ponce but. He shuffled his feet slightly. I sense that the mood here has soured slightly, so perhaps it would be better if I left now. he said in a slightly sad tone. I apoligise again for whatever insult I caused. he said to Hell and Sin before he turned to walk over to the confectionary stand again.
Last edited by MQuinny1234 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mellow » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:55 am

Stretch came bouncing in right after everyone else had entered the shop; he had gotten a bit distracted trying to figure out why everyone was waiting outside just a little while ago. As he entered, Stretch was too busy being amazed with all the sweet smells and delicious candy to notice the small drama going on with some of the other kids; which was just as well. That Hell boy looked like he'd trounce anybody who looked at him and his brother funny, and Stretch had the unfortunate habit of looking at things in a funny way.

As he looked around the shop, it was then that Stretch remembered that he had forgotten to eat before he came rushing to the shop. "Ah, so muuu-che candeh, ai reely hoep mistah Swetini wil han-deh aowt sum free sampels for us befor the contes-teh." Stretch said, not really to anyone in particular. Just the thought of tasting some of the candy made his stomach rumble.

Postby CrystalynnJade » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:29 am

Brina, who was leaned up against the stand holds up a small paper bag to Christopher. "Zed says that we have too much if you would like some of mine. It's not chocolate, but..." Brina trails off looking a bit flushed and unsure of herself. 'I wish you would have just asked him Zed,' Brina thought eying the patched dog like it would help her in some way. Brina pulled the bag open to show Christopher what was inside so that he could make the decision of if he wanted any of her sugary treat or not. "They are strawberry belts," Brina finally finished giving a little shrug. She shifted a bit so to cuddle Zed in the arm the was not holding out the candy so not to squish him, he tended to get mad when she did that.

Postby Keiran » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Nuh-no, Sin stuttered looking at the taller brunette, You don’t hav’ to go. My Bruder’s jus’ a bit prot’ctiv’. ‘Caus’ I git hert a lot. An’ ponce also means gay, dude, Hell said looking sheepish, glancing at his brother to see if he actually liked this guy. He seemed to, so this guy couldn’t be too bad. S’ry ‘bout tha’, I was angry ‘cause I thought ya wer’ gunna hert ‘im. I’m Mikhele and this is Hycinthus, bu’ we p’rfer Hell and Sin. Nic’ ta met’cha. Hell grinned and put his hand, palm up, out toward the taller boy as Sin peeked out from behind his brother and smiled shyly.

Postby Gigafist » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Lucas watched as Hell and Christopher argued, with Hell throwing in a couple of curse words and others that Lucas didn’t understand, when he decided to start looking for Mr. Swetini. It didn’t take him very long to search the store, since he only searched the area that customers were supposed to be, and soon found himself standing next to Billy just like before he started looking. “I wonder where Mr. Swetini could be.” Lucas said to Billy as he started to wonder about Mr. Swetini’s whereabouts. Thinking of nothing else, Lucas walked up to the counter and started to endlessly ring the service bell. “Mr. Swetini, are you in here?” Lucas yelled as he kept ringing the service bell.

Postby TheLivingCouch » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

“Um, maybe.” Ren replied unsure of the suggestion. How flash of an entrance could the owner of a candy shop want to make? The boy took a large step back from Chris and Hell as the drama between them unfolded, no way was he getting in the middle of this one. Both had their points. Sin did say he was sorry, but it would be nice if they tried to replace the candy they spilled even if it was later. It would have also been nice if Christopher would have taken things a little less angrily. He cringed especially when Katy butted in quoting the dictionary at Chris. That was really insulting. He was going to need to watch out for her, even if she was younger. Inexplicably, Chris and the twins resolved their dispute and began introducing themselves. Why the latter wanted to be known as ‘Sin’ and ‘Hell’ was completely beyond him. “What’s wrong with their regular names?” It was then that Lucas started making his racket, as if there wasn't enough going on around him to think about. “Would you mind stopping that? Mr. Swetini is here, somewhere. He’ll be out when he wants to.”
Last edited by TheLivingCouch on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Jeez are ya dumb? Mik-HELL and Hy-SIN-thus. They're nicknames. She rolled her eyes. She started walking towards the back room. I'm goin ta find him. He shouldn't let a buncha kids loose in his store.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:35 pm

Chris walked back after he'd bought another packet of sweets and scowled at Katydid as she walked off. That is not a pleasant girl. he muttered to himself as he ripped the packet open and picked out a few. He turned back to Hell and Sin, raised an eyebrow and stared at them before offering his open packet to them. My name is Chris and don't worry, I am against violence, of course I can not say that I am not only like that because I am quite physically weak, but I like to believe I would not fight even if I was strong. Anyway it seems we got off on the wrong foot. He shook the bag slightly. Chocolate? he asked staring intently at them.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Archrival » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:45 pm

Billy just went along with what was going on around him, he knew there was something wrong. He could feel the little sparky tingling sensation in his hair that he'd get every time something was gonna happen or if something odd was happening. When Lucas asked Billy where this Mr. Swetini was Billy just shrugged and looked aimlessly across the shop.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Lily watched the arguments go back and forth, but she didn't want to get involved. Instead she turned her eyes up at the ceiling, looking at all the decorations and wondering why people couldn't just get along.
However, Katydid's comments caught her attention, and she gave the girl a hard frown. "Don't speak to people like that," she said indignantly, "And don't roll your eyes at Ren. There's nothing wrong with asking a simple question." She watched as the girl walked off, continuing to stare. "How rude," she frowned. "I hope she doesn't win, she's not being very nice."
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Right after Lucas rang the service bell for the first time the store’s atmosphere seemed to changed to a lighter tone, as if all of the sudden it was being filled with life. For right behind the check-out counter, smoke was filling the air. Then, following the smoke, there was an assortment of sparks that flew in random places. It all happened so quickly, in a similar way to that of a magician appearing to their audience for the first time in a puff of smoke. It was flamboyant, over the top, and magnificent in a sense. Firecrackers began to fly all over the shop, most of them creating tiny explosions in their wake, adding a rainbow of color to the already colorful room. Some piñata’s were caught in the explosions, and thus tore open, sending a rainfall of candy upon the children.

Yes, it was indeed raining candy, all sorts of small candy one would expect at birthday parties in goodie bags and such. Lily was very correct in her inference that Swetini’s entrance would be an extravagant one. The greater the entrance, the more awe you could strike in the younger population. It is always good to keep children in a state of awe and wonder after all least they start getting out of hand. Ren was also correct in his theory that he was in the back room, getting ready. If Katydid had opened the back door before Lucas had rang the service bell she would have indeed eventually found Swetini. But now, all that was in there was a bunch of smoke.

On the topic of smoke, the smoke behind the counter was beginning to clear. The children would’ve been able to make out the silhouette of a tall man, unrecognizable at the moment but clearly a man. As the smoke cleared more the silhouette’s features became more and more recognizable. First, there was the tanned skin that proved him to be of heritage from the Mediterranean area, more specifically Italian. To confirm this he had dark, curly hair that was clearly beginning to grey. His eyes were a dark brown as well, with a sort of twinkle in them. His facial features were slightly wrinkled around the eyes, and were hollowing around the cheekbone area, a sign of him aging. It was obvious he valued a neat and modest appearance, his hair being combed back, and his clothes dressy in a sense. He wore a black dress suit, a neat bow tie, and a white dress shirt as well as matching black dress pants and polished shoes. He looked as if he was a magician, there was even white gloves stuffed inside his breast pocket. There was no doubt he probably has a top hat as well. He wasn’t just wearing it at the time.

Swetini spread out his arms in a welcoming manner and said, “Welcome, children! Welcome to my shop! And I must say, you are ALL wonderful for being here!” The magician smiled, resting his arms on the counter, bending down so he could look at them at a better perspective as he talked. “Now, as you know I’ve been working on a newest creation, one that could change the world forever. But I need one last ingredient, which is why you all are here today.” While saying his, he pointed to each and every one of the children, it was clear he didn’t think of any of them as not special. “But before I go into the details of my little contest, does anyone have any questions first?” he asked, knowing full well that sometimes a child may have a question the needs to be answered beforehand.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Katydid coughed from the smoke. Just one from me, Katydid wheezed lightly, usually she wouldn't have said anything, Swetini being an adult, but this was something very important. At least to her and, more importantly, her parents, Why did you use the smoke? One of us could have had asthma. You could have killed one of your contestants. She leveled a look at the man, one styled after the look her parents give her when they catch her singing her showtunes.

Postby Keiran » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:02 am

Sin cringed and move closer to Hell at the bangs and explosions, he really hated loud noises. He then looked back at Christopher and smile timidly, he seemed nice if a bit awkward. He watched in wonder as Mr. Swetini entered grandly, this was the Great CandyMaker, the man who made such wonderful chocolate. He looked at his brother, grabbed his wrist gently and then tilted his head at Christopher. The look he gave Hell was at once shy and hopeful. Would his beloved brother agree with him?

Hell took a step toward the CandyMaker staring in awe, what an amazing man. Almost frightening, Hell knew he had to be like that when he was older. If could be like that, so awe-inspiring and intimidating, he could protecxt his brother by letting no one near. He then felt a touch on his wrist, he looked back and saw Sin tilt his head toward that boy, Christopher and knew immediately what he meant, the blue-eyed boy was asking if they could take Christopher with them, if he, Hell, would protect the older boy. He considered it, the boy had said he was a pacifist, he would do them no harm, and he seemed genuinely sorry for upseting them. He nodded simply at his fragile-minded brother, if things didn't change Sin would soon break. The smaller boy was more broken by what happened to them, he had a thinner skin then he did and because of that Sin was more affected by their drunkard of a Father.

Sin smiled brightly at his brother, it was settled, all they had to do was ask Christopher to join them. If they won, they could split the prize three ways, and maybe, just maybe, the prize would save their lives. Both twins turned as they heard the red-head speak. It seemed a bit rude for her to question an adult, didn't she know that he could hurt her really badly, and that adults would do it. Sin move slightly out from behind Hell and asked timidly, What are we looking for? Can we work together? If he couldn't work with Hell, he was doomed. There was no way her could get the ingredient on his own. And what about Christopher? He could get hurt and if they couldn't work together they wouldn't be able to help him, he seemed as gentle as he, Sin, was. What if, what if?

Postby Mellow » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:11 am

"Wooo! Ai nuu eeeet!" Stretch said as he began catching some of the fallen candy, his hands outstretched. He kept most of the candy he caught, especially the taffy, but threw away the ones he didn't like, especially the stuff that weren't taffy (though he did keep some). Once he had gotten his fill, he looked up to Mr. Swetini to listen to what he had to say, popping one of the pieces of candy he had caught into his mouth. Mr. Swetini had a very mesmerizing air about him; his flamboyant attitude and sense of style was very attracting and interesting to a kid like Stretch.

When Mr. Swetini asked if any of them had any questions, Stretch thought about it for a moment before he raised his hand. "Mistah Swetini! Ai got a kweschun! Wai ar u gettin' elp from us kidz? Wai nut frum wan of dos adult profeshanals? En wat do we need ta do en-e way? Tayst test sumting or wat?"

Stretch laughed at Katydid's joke, or at least that was what he thought she was trying to do. "Haaaaw, yur funneh." Stretch told her.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:06 am

Chris blinked at Sin's head tilt and after a few hesitant seconds, nodded back. I wonder what that meant? he thought to himself as he turned round to see Mr Swetini. His amber eyes swept up and down the man, commiting each little detail to memory. He had to say, he was quite sceptical of this man so far, but even though he couldn't see how a sweet maker could change the world he admitted to himself that he enjoyed the man's charisma and drama. Good day to you sir. I was wondering if you could tell me just how long this will take, Afterall, I don't want my father to get worried and I'ld prefer to call him now if I have to inform him that this will be taking up more time then I thought. He tends to over-react when he get's worried. And by the way, impressive entrance. I especially liked the trick with the firecrackers and the exploding pinatas.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:25 am

Lily smiled and stared in wonder at the display of smoke and explosions, gently elbowing Ren. "Told you he was going to make a grand enterance," she said. She laughed and grinned, catching all the sweets that fell her way and stuffing them into her pockets.

Lily listened to what Mr Swetini said, still marvelled by the display that had happened a few moments ago. She put up her hand eagerly, having a whole string of questions to ask (and quite forgetting that other people might have questions to put forward too!)

"I liked that display, will there be any more surprises? How are we going to find this ingredient? Will there be anything for the runners up? Why are you running this as a contest? Why was there no one minding the shop before you appeared? Don't you have any helpers or shop assistants or something? And are you really a magician?" Her voice held no trace of skepticism, but merely curiousity and interest.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby sam4books » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:40 pm

Swetini frowned a bit a Katydid’s question. Strong willed and to the point, a trait not expected in child. It marked her off as different from her peers who were busy staring at him in all. It also marked her off as dangerous. He would have to keep an eye on her. But still…it gave her a sort of advantage over her peers. Perhaps she would go far. “A rather unfortunate side effect of the fireworks I’m afraid. Always seems to be the case with all of my entrances actually. But you’re right my dear and I apologize. I shall seek to make a remedy in the future, but not before I send you on your way.” He gave Katydid a wink, before answering the questions of the others.

He seemed even happier to hear little Sin’s question, a question he was more than happy to answer. “What are you looking for indeed”, he replied happily by repeating the timid boy’s question. The magician came out from behind the counter and walked past the children with a stride in his walk towards a certain spot in the candy shop, right under the smiling sun. “It’s really simple really”, he said as he stood under the painted sun, pointing his finger straight at it in an upwards position. “You all will be searching for a very rare and special ingredient, a drop of sunlight, which can only be found in a world hidden from our own. As for your second question; of course you can! In fact, I recommend it! An adventure is best experienced with a companion after all!”

“Very good question my boy”, he exclaimed when Stretch spoke up. Unlike most people, he could understand the child completely with no trouble at all. “You see, I have thought of sending adults many times before to fetch the ingredient, but for some reason they never came back. Children seem to be more welcomed in the world that harbors the ingredient than adults, who are often greeted with hostility. Not to mention a child can see far more than any adult could with their naked eye. A child is only the best choice for this sort of task.” Some may recognize the fact that Swetini was indeed speaking of previous apprentices, some teenagers, some young adults, but all of them never lasted long. The only question was what happened to them? But it didn’t seem like Swetini knew the answer to that question. The magician shook his head at Stretch’s next question, “Not much. All I need you to do is find the ingredient and bring it to me. That’s all. Easy, isn’t it?” Whether it really was easy was up to interpretation, but never-the-less it did sound like it was a large understatement. Perhaps easy wasn’t the right word for it, but Swetini wasn’t going to say so.

The magician acknowledged Christopher with approval, a child who knew his manners was always pleasant to say the least. “Difficult to say, but from what I’ve seen time moves faster in the other world than here. You could be there for days, but only a few seconds will pass here. Not too sure about the details, but I assure you that you have nothing to worry about.” After a pause Swetini added with a smile, “Glad you liked it, I always try to make them as interesting as possible. The fireworks were also my favorite part, though not exactly cheap.”

At Lily, Swetini beamed. The girl was curious, something he really liked about children. They were always asking questions, always wanting to know more. It was something that made children positively delightful, their constant strive to know more about the world around them. It’s what separated them from adults in the first place. When he answered Lily’s, he answered them in a matter quite unlike the way he answered everyone else’s. He answered them in the same one-after-another manner that the child asked them, none of his answers were as detailed as the others were. Some answers didn’t really answer much at all. Others probably raised even more questions. “Maybe; The ingredient will be found at the end of the rainbow; Only if something happens to the winner before he or she returns; There was one man, but that was a long time ago; I used to, but she’s long gone now; And maybe I am, but that’s up to interpretation.”

When he finished answering the first batch of questions he surveyed the rest of the contestants. “Any more questions?” he asked.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

“Ok, you win this one.” Ren conceded with a smile. For once he was glad to be wrong. He was excited as Mr. Swetini finally made his appearance with smoke and firecrackers and the piñatas exploding and candy everywhere… Needless to say the boy was thoroughly impressed. “He must be some sort of magician.” He thought as he scooped up a few pieces of strawberry licorice for later. The contest was finally going to get started. When Mr. Swetini asked if anyone had any questions Ren remained silent, if only because Lily blurted out all the good ones. He listened to all the answers attentively and curiously, but the more the man explained the more confused he became. “Drop of sunlight, hidden world, assistants that never came back!? What is he talking about?” It was like something out of one of Lily’s stories. “There’s no way any of this can be true. Is there something I’m missing? Maybe it’s all a puzzle or something?” He hesitated for a moment after Mr. Swetini asked for questions again; opening his mouth as if to speak before snapping it shut. He opened up again a second later with a little more confidence this time. He had to ask, he just had to. “Is this all some sort of riddle Mr. Swetini? There can’t really be some sort of hidden world, can there?” He sounded unsure of himself but was certain there had to be something more to all of this.

Postby Keiran » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:21 pm

Hell grabbed his brother's arm and walked forward toward the CandyMaker, his usually dull purple eyes bright with excitement. Sin reached back and gently grabeed Christopher's sleeve, trying to signal to the boy that he could come with them if he wanted. Hell started bouncing on the balls of his feet, this man didn't mind questions, didn't just want them to shut up and stay out of the way. When do we leave? Hell asked excitedly, a rare smile brightening his gaunt face, 'ow do we git there? What does th' drop o' sunlight look like? 'ow do we stop th' rainbow from moving away? What's th' prize? Can ya even tell us? If we win can we share it? If one of Sin or I win do we 'ave ta leave th' otha behind, cuz I don' think eitha o' us can do tha'. Hell squirmed in anticpation, happy to be able to voice his concerns.

Postby CrystalynnJade » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:02 am

Brina bit her lip and looked down at the stuffed dog, "What do you think Zed?" She nodded at the plush. "Yup I think so too." She look from the dog to Mr. Swetini, "Mr. Swetini, are we allowed to bring along our bags or do that have to stay here during the contest?" Brina asked while nervously while twisting her fingers in Zed's fur. Brina shifted a bit before pulling out the last strawberry belt out of the paper bag she held, muttering something inaudible before eating it.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Right. Chris muttered with a hint of anger as he took off his glasses, swept out a hankerchief and started cleaning them as he stared blearily at Swetini. Could you please explain what all this nonsense about different speeds of time and another world is? he said, his accent slightly strained. He put his glasses back on and pushed the bridge up his nose and refocused on Mr. Swetini. I'm a bit distressed about this whole business now because to my knowledge you cannott get a drop of sunlight nor find the end of a rainbow, as due to their circular nature, they have no end, at least not in this world. Now, I'm not a narrow minded sceptic so perhaps you really do have an entrance to another world, though I won't question how a sweetmaker would find one or have use for one but if there is one, I'm very hesitant to go there without prior information on it, reliable informtion. Chris finished dramatically as he scooped up some chocolate buttons and popped them into his mouth, glaring at the Italian coldly.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:35 pm

Lily frowned at the answers Mr Swetini had given to her questions. He didn't answer some of my questions properly, she thought to herself.

Then she heard some of the other children express their doubts, particularly Christopher. "Of course there are other worlds," Lily said matter-of-factly, as if to say 'don't be so silly'. "They just don't want to be found by you, that's all. They're like fairies, they don't like people who don't believe in them. I've never been to any other worlds, but I bet there are some."

She put her hand up again, "Mr Swetini, what I want to know is, how do you know a drop of sunlight from this other world is what you need, when you haven't been there to find out? Or have you been there? If you say adults like yourself can't get the ingredient, then how do you know that it's there?"
Lily liked asking difficult questions.
Time Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing