The Candy Shop IC----Ch2: "The Plentiful Orchard"

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

The Candy Shop IC----Ch2: "The Plentiful Orchard"

Postby sam4books » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Chapter 1: “Into the Rabbit Hole”

==================================
”All in the golden afternoon
Full leisurely we glide;
For both our oars, with little skill,
By little arms are plied,
While little hands make vain pretense
Our wanderings to guide.”

~”Adventures in Wonderland”, Opening Poem, first stanza
==================================

Once upon a time there was a small town called Chrome in the state of Pennsylvania. It was a fairly ordinary town, with ordinary people, with ordinary dreams. Nothing extraordinary happened, and the townspeople preferred this way, though some longed for something more. One day, a wizard came to the ordinary town, and opened up a shop on the corner of Whickers and Elm. The wizard brought with him a sort of magic that soon engulfed the town and everything in it. And it came to pass that this special magic would reveal itself to a group of young children, and change their lives…forever.

It all began on an ordinary morning, a Saturday in fact. It was just like any other Saturday, with the sun peeking from the town’s horizon as its citizens slept in, or begin to wake. The streets were still empty and quiet, quite unlike how it was during rush hour. The only sounds that rang throughout the waking town were the sound of birds tweeting and dogs barking. It was a pleasant morning with a pleasant a breeze in the air and a pleasant shine of the sun. A pleasant wind picked up and blew across Elm Street, picking up a flier in its wake. For a moment the flier flew, gliding carefree like paper should. Printed upon it was a message designated for all the children of Chrome. It read: “Hey kids! Ever wanted to have all of your deepest wishes come true? Well here’s your chance. Gather at Swetini’s Shop of Sweets on the corner of Whickers and Elm this Saturday at 9:00 AM sharp and participate in a wondrous contest to help the Great Swetini himself find a secret ingredient for his latest creation! Whoever finds the ingredient first will be rewarded a wondrous prize beyond one’s wildest imagination! ~Signed, Candi Swetini” The flier was richly decorated with many kinds of candy and sweets with an illustration of the man in charge of the contest at the top, smiling a knowing smile. The font itself looked like it was something out of a story book, as if it was hand drawn by a monk. It gave it sort of an over-worldly look. The flier flew past another flier that looked exactly like it, which was posted on the door of a peculiar shop on the corner of Whickers and Elm.

Another gust of wind blew the little flier along down the street, into a dead end near a side walk. And the corner store’s door opened, causing the sound of a tiny bell to welcome the morning air. The bell could be heard within a range of one block, it seemed to be signaling something. It was as if it was warning people of what was to come. The wind heard the sound of bells, and whispered its warning throughout the sleeping town. The time was near. The door of a tiny corner store was now opened, its sign no longer said closed. The wheels of fate were set in motion. The time was now 8:30 AM, and Swetini’s Shop of Sweets sat on the corner of Whickers and Elm, welcoming all who are compelled to enter.

Inside the candy shop, if one were to enter, was a marvelous display of all sorts of candy from all over the world. The shop was divided into sections dedicated to a specific kind of candy. In one spot was chocolate, another was taffy, another hard candy, and so on. Hanging from the ceiling was various piñatas, all representing a different sort of animal, their eyes begging onlookers to not hit them and try to burst their shell. Who knew what lay inside these party animals? Ribbons also filled the ceiling, and an assortment of toys themed with the sky. The ceiling itself was painted to match the sky, with plenty of rainbows here and there, and a smiling sun that watched that which was down below. Shelves that were nailed to its walls had decorative candy placed on top of them for display, similar to the ones displayed in the windows. Sugar eggs, chocolate bunnies, one would notice that the store was decorated specifically for Easter Sunday. There was no sign of the Great Swetini anywhere, for that moment. His absence gave the candy store a sort of eerie feeling. Even the checkout counter was empty, with nothing but a cash register and a service bell. It was sort of strange, almost too strange.
Last edited by sam4books on Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Re: The Candy Shop IC----Ch1: "Into the Rabbit Hole"

Postby Archrival » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 pm

A young bpy could be seen racing down Elm Street, his speed seemingly too fast for his age. It was the speed of athletes who had trained to a olympic level. This boy was only 9 years old with long blonde hair that covered his eyes, anyone who saw this and the speed he was going at would easily assume he was going to trip and fall over or end up running into a lampost. Not this boy, he'd spent almost all his childhood running, he could run before he could walk and talk and had spend most of his life literally outpacing the other kids.

This boy was Billy O'Shane, born of an Irish family to an Irish mother and a American father who was a cousin to another Irish family. Billy loved sweets as any kid did but you could never tell that he could because he never showed his affection for anything through speach, due to his love for speed his speach is of a lower standard than most kids his age so he resorts to expressive gesture. Only those who knew him closely or got to know him through any means knew Billy didn't like speaking, he kind of found it slow and rather sluggish compared to his fast agenda so actions suited him fine.

Billy Sped down Elm Street and stopped on the corner of Wickers and Elm and sat down, he blew a release of warm air upwards out of his mouth and hitting his fringe which revealed his unusually coloured eyes. Billy was waiting, waiting for one of his best friends ever, Lucas Simms.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Christopher stared calmly out the window as he and Wesley drove down the street, he had his elbow wedged at the start of the window and was using it as a pillar, he had his cheek leaning against his chin as he watched the outside world speed by with a dull, bored expression. He tapped his lap with his finger a few times as he thought about what he was doing, he wouldn't normally do this, but frankly, he had nothing better to do, his few friends were busy today and he'ld already done his homework. He wondered if he would meet any interesting people there, probably not. He still couldn't believe he'd even picked up the flier as he walked past it one day, and he'd never thought he'd actually go, but he'ld always find his amber eyes slowly turning to glance at the flier on his desk while he was working, he simply couldn't concentrate with the damn thing just...waiting there.

Ah, I believe that this will do here Wesley, I can walk from here. he said to Wesley as they got close to the Great Swetini's shop. "If you say so, young master. I expect you to call your me or your father when you wish to be picked up." Wesley said in a very droll, proper voice. Yes, yes, I will, don't worry Wesley, thank you for driving me here. he said clearly in his slightly british accent, with a hint of annoyance. "It was my pleasure young master, and do enjoy yourself. So long Chris-to-pher." Wesley said dramatically as he winded his window up and drove off. Chris chuckled slightly, Wesley always said his name in that ridiculous posh tone, he waved at the car as it drove off and tightened the straps on his backpack on his shoulders as he turned and quickly strode towards the shop with his head held high, his glasses glinting in the sun as he reached Elm street and sat down on a small wooden bench outside the shop, glancing at another young boy. What a curious costume, is this some new trend I've missed? he thought to himself as he set his backpack beside him, pulled out a book and started reading
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm

Katydid walked over, frowning that she wasn't first. She lived on the other side of town, so she had started out early only leaving a note because she knew her parents wouldn't really approve. They'll be happy when I win though.... She walked to the door and sat down on the ground beside it. Her green eyes looked at the boys, I could beat them. I will beat them She thought as she pulled out a rubix cube out of her jean jacket pocket. She started playing with it as he started singing under her breath, her soft soprano voice gentle. "I must be brave. Come come what may. Can I be saved? Is there a way? At the opera tonight..."
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby CrystalynnJade » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:29 pm

"Zed this is no time to be playing hide and go seek, if we don't hurry than we wont make it to the shop in time." Brina scolded the white and red stuffy before pulling it out from under the bed. She glanced up at the flier that was push pinned to one of the many decorative boards that covered her room and grinned. "This is kind of exciting right?" Brina said to the dog while pulling down the flier and neatly folding it so that it would fit into the front pocket of her backpack. Letting out a small hum Brina finally nodded, "I think I have everything that we need, so let's be off." Brina pulled on the bag and scooped the stuffed dog off the bed. "Oh... silly Zed if you wanted your cape all you had to do was ask," Brina giggled when she noticed the red fabric attached to the dog's paw. She pulled the Velcro from his paw and attached the cape around his neck.

"Bye, be back later!" Brina called as she ran from the house. "It's a good thing we live close Zed or you would be in so much trouble." Brina ran a little bit faster as she hit the street corner causing her skirt to flair out a bit, only slowing when she finally hit Elm Street. "Looks like we made it in time," Brina muttered noticing a few other children sitting in front of the store. Brina walks up and leans against the building next to the door opposite the other girl and crushes Zed close to her chest. "Let's have fun, right Zed?" She whispers to the plush before staring out toward the street silently.
Last edited by CrystalynnJade on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby CottonTail » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:58 am

Jilli~Bean stared out the window of her assigned car of the day. “Mr. Andrews, you do know where we are going right?” She asked her driver, nervously clutching the bottom of her skirt that she’d just added a bit of lace to. “I really do not wish to be late…” she added as Mr. Andrews smiled back at her. “I’ve been driving in this town since long before you were born Miss Jillian. Don’t worry, you will arrive on time.” He reassured her. She gave a nod and looked out the tinted window, remembering when she was first given this miraculous flier.

“Daddy, what is this?” Jilli asked her father on the previous Tuesday morning. This Tuesday she was wearing red as well. Red was Jilli~Bean’s lucky color and had been her mothers favorite. “It’s a flier, Jillian.” The older man with red hair stated as he sat down across from her at the breakfast table. “Yes, I realize that but, why did you give it to me?” She questioned again and her father smiled at her over his coffee. “Well, while leaving work yesterday this flier caught my sight as it was blowing in the wind. For some reason I thought I had to catch it, so I began running after it.” “Daddy, you never run.” Jilli interrupted. “I know,” He gave a nod and seemed more excited than usual. “So, there I was running down the street after this strange piece of parchment when I tripped!” Jilli gave a gasp but her father continued his story that kept Jillian’s eyes sparkling in amazement. “After I got back to my feet I had given up since I know longer saw the paper. Then, just as I lifted my hand…” he demonstrated, “to hail a cab it landed right in my grasp out of no where! And as I looked at this unique piece of paper I knew I had to give it to my Jillian.” He said with a wink. Jilli began clapping and so did some of the staff that had stepped into the room to listen to the tale. “That sounds wonderful Daddy! Does that mean I get to go?” Jilli chimed, ready to beg if she had to. Her father was grabbing his briefcase from Mr. Andrews and was already heading off to work. He gave her a soft kiss on the top of her head and nodded. “You better wear red.” Jilli jumped up in her seat, nearly knocking her plate from the table and began cheering.

“Miss? Miss Jillian, we’re here.” Mr. Andrews called her out of her memory and Jilli shook her head. “Thank you Mr. Andrews.” She said flashing him her usual warm smile. “Don’t forget your bag. What did you pack in there anyways?” He asked handing her the bag as he opened her door for her. “Just everything a girl needs to survive in the wild.” She said cheerfully which made Mr. Andrews give a hearty chuckle before he got back into the car. She waved goodbye to him and straightened out her fluffy, red, picnic style dress. She held her shoulder bag close to her side and her flier clutched in front of her stomach. She cleared her throat and approached where some of the other children had already gathered. “Is it not open yet?” she asked the group, trying not to blatantly ask why no one hadn’t gone in when clearly the sign said “Open”.

Postby Keiran » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 am

Two boy walk down to Elm, one with pale purple eyes and the other with pale blue, but that was the only difference besides clothing and the slight height difference. They had black hair and ragged clothing, but they were laughing and singing, getting as much fun in as possible because at home any noise could set HIM off.

~Not gonna get us/They're not gonna get us/Not gonna get us/Not gonna get us/Not gonna get us~ They sang together then alternated, the taller constantly rubbing his elbow against his brother’s arm. ~Starting from here, let's make a promise~ ~You and me, let's just be honest~ ~We're gonna run, nothing can stop us~ ~Even the night that falls all around us~ ~Soon there will be laughter and voices~ ~Beyond the clouds over the mountains~ ~We'll run away on roads that are empty~ ~Lights from the airfield shining upon you~ ~Nothing can stop us, not now, I love you/They're not gonna get us,/they're not gonna get us/Nothing can stop us, not now, I love you/They're not gonna get us!~ ~We'll run away, keep everything simple~ ~Night will come down, our guardian angel~ ~We rush ahead, the crossroads are empty~ ~Our spirits rise, they're not gonna get us~ ~My love for you, always forever/Just you and me, all else is nothing/Not going back, not going back there/They don't understand,/They don't understand us/ Nothing can stop us, not now, I love you/They're not gonna get us,/they're not gonna get us~

They stop when the see other children on the corner, then looked at each other, the blue-eyed boy shaking nervously. The purple-eyed taller boy nodded at his brother fiercely, they were going to win, they needed that wish. They walked over and waited a few feet from the others, the purple-eyed one standing in front of his brother, glaring as if to challenge the others to try and harm them.

Postby Mellow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:13 am

On the wide stretch of street, a boy could be clearly seen riding on top of what seemed to be a rubber wheel. To be more specific, it seemed to be a truck wheel. The boy was Flair Freene, Flair Freene being his given name. To his friends and everyone who lived in Chrome, though, he was Stretch, his soul's name. He was born for all things stretchy, a connoisseur of rubber, the lord of elongation. And although he didn't know what some of those words meant, his inner self did. He really liked stretchy stuff.

Which led him to liking taffy. Which, in turn, led him to the wiz of sweets' candy shop today to join some sort of contest. The prospect of helping Swetini complete a new creation of his was quite alluring to Stretch; although nothing could ever replace taffy as his favorite sweet, many of Swetini's other creations also attracted Stretch. But what really hooked him in was the prize. Whoever finds the ingredient first will be rewarded a wondrous prize beyond one’s wildest imagination!

Swetini had never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever.....ever disappointed Stretch before. Never. And Stretch was sure that whatever this prize was, he'd want it. And so, he came to join this little competition.

As Stretch neared the entrance of Swetini's shop, he quickly stopped the wheel's rotation and hopped off near the group of gathering kids. He parked, though a more proper word would be drop, on the sidewalk before he approached the other children. Stretch was familiar with most of them; after all, Chrome wasn't that big. "Hai guyz." he called casually. "Wai no wan go een yet?"

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

Not too far away, a girl called Lily Folchart was wandering along the road towards ‘Swetini’s Shop of Sweets’ . As she walked along, her dress and blonde plaits dancing in the breeze, she hummed a wordless little tune to herself. It was a strange, eerie sort of tune, but Lily didn’t seem to notice. She wasn’t paying much attention to the road before her either, although she knew where she was going. She was more interested in all the windows of the houses and buildings she passed, and kept pausing to look in at them. She hoped this sweet shop contest was as interesting as it sounded. She needed some new adventures. Her latest one, which involved trying to climb a perilous mountain (also known as the roof of her house), was beginning to get a bit repetitive. It always ended with some one telling her to get down before she hurt herself – oh, and that dinner was ready.

She slipped out a small book she was carrying in a hidden pocket in her short-sleeved jacket, opening its pages and pulling out the flyer – which she had been using as a bookmark.
“…will be rewarded a wondrous prize beyond one’s wildest imagination” she re-read. A prize beyond her wildest imagination? Now that was something she found hard to believe. Still, she was too curious to let the opportunity pass.

It wasn’t until she almost bumped into the bench outside the sweet shop that she realised she’d reached her destination.
“Oh,” she said, the light collision with the bench having surprised her. “Sorry,” she apologised to the people that were sitting there. She surveyed the people waiting outside the shop with interest…perhaps staring just that little bit longer than was polite. Were they all here for that contest?

She could see clearly that the shop was open, and made for the door, itching to go inside. But she soon noticed her friend Ren wasn’t there yet. She stopped and looked around her, one hand still placed hesitantly on the shop’s door. “Where could Ren be...?” she thought out loud to herself, looking down the street in case he was on his way.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Ren stepped from his home out into the pleasant morning air with a long lazy yawn. The sun was warm and the air was fresh, but it was still 8:30 on a Saturday morning. He stood for a moment enjoying the sun’s rays before trudging down his quiet, dead end street and crossed out onto the normally busy expanse of Elm. “Town’s quiet today.” He thought to himself curiously, looking up and down its length as he crossed to the other side. “There is something odd about today.” It puzzled they boy’s sleep addled brain but he couldn’t put his finger on it. Everything was the same as it always was. Same old Elm Street, same old barber shop same old florist, same old diner… There was the little matter of his late library books, but that was another puzzle altogether. He was headed there now, after fretting about it all last night. Only then would he be able to enjoy another lazy Saturday morning. “Just need to hit the book drop before it opens and I should be fine, I hope.”

It wasn’t until the boy neared Whickers that he noticed a small gathering of people outside the new candy shop on the corner. “Wait, was that today? It is, isn’t it?” He recalled the flyer in his mind with all its intricate styling, trying to remember the exact details. “Saturday, Whickers and Elm, 9:00… It is today! That contest to find a secret ingredient for Mr. Swetini.” /i] Lily was much more excited about it than he was, especially with a prize, “beyond one’s wildest imagination,” of which he was highly skeptical. Even so, he couldn’t help but wonder what it was all about. It didn’t take long for him to spot his friend as he came closer. No doubt she would drag him into the contest with her. He waved a greeting, and put on weary smile over his worry. [i]“Maybe a few minutes won’t hurt.” There was still about an hour and a half before the library opened, and it wasn’t that far away. “Good morning,” he called out..

Postby Gigafist » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Lucas had been up in his room all morning playing cowboys and Indians with his toys scattered all over his room. He was currently in the middle of a fight where the cowboys were ambushed by Indians and were outnumbered by two-to-one when his mother walked into his room. “Lucas its eight thirty, shouldn’t you be outside playing with Billy?” she asked as she started to pick up his toys. “Oh no I’m going to be late,” he said as he put his hat on and picked up a small bag of jawbreakers, “thanks for telling me mom.” He said kissing her on the cheek and then he went running out the door. "Have fun sweety," he heard his mom call after him, "and be back before dinner."

Lucas continued to run, since he lived on the other side of town, and by the time he reached the opposite corner to Wickers and Elm he was completely out of breath. He stood there for a minute to catch his breath, popping one of his jawbreakers into his mouth and started to suck onto it, when he noticed Billy was sitting on the street corner opposite of him. “Hey Billy!” Lucas yelled, trying to get his best friends attention as he crossed the street to kneel next to Billy and looked into his face. “I didn’t keeping you waiting too long did I?” he asked looking over the other kids that had gathered there before he turned back to look into Billy’s face.

Postby Archrival » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Billy looked on as his best mate arrived, he'd been waiting quite a little while as all these others had been able to arrive before him. Billy got up and walked over to his best friend, Billy hated walking as it was too slow but he was able to push that aside for such a short distance. When his friend asked if he had kept him waiting Billy obviously nodded as his hair flipped up and down but didn't show his eyes, even if Lucas had been only a few seconds behind him Billy would of still nodded to that question as for every second someone was behind him the more it kept him waiting.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:45 am

Lily smiled, seeing that Ren was on his way. She abandoned the sweet shop door for a moment and ran up to meet him.

“Good morning to you too,” she said brightly, “I thought you’d forgotten all about the contest! Come on, no one’s even gone inside yet – anyone would think the shop's got a disease or something.” She noticed Ren was covering up his real feelings under a smile, and added, “It’ll be more fun than you think it will, I bet my newest book on it.”

Then she turned, half skipping and half running back to the door and shot inside, too curious and eager to wait for Ren’s response. He’d follow her in anyway, she was sure – they both knew if he didn’t, Lily would probably go back outside just to drag him in anyway.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Determined not to be last, Katydid went inside. So creepy in here She thought, looking around the empty room, except for Lily of course. I'll have to watch out for her... In her small, black nail polished, hands was the rubix cube, one turn from being finished. She pulled the bar of pure chocolate from her mouth to speak. Shouldn't there be an adult in here? Where's Mr. Swetini?
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Ren opened his mouth to speak, but Lily was away and though the shop door before he even got a chance. “I had forgotten,” He thought dejectedly with a sigh. The boy turned to the others and shrugged before following Lily and Katy inside. He poked his head inside cautiously before finally stepping in, entranced by the marvelous color and display of candy. The store’s interior was nothing short of wondrous. The ceiling was painted to match the sky; with rainbows, and fluffy white clouds, even model airplanes and hot air balloons were hung from it with care, and that’s not even mentioning the piñatas strung across the room. Then there was the candy, oh the candy. It was everywhere, each kind in its own special section, and the air was laden with its sweet smell. There was also nobody inside, not besides Katy and Lily anyway. It gave the shop an eerie feeling of stillness, as if everything had been untouched for ages and they were the first ones to enter in a very long time. Ren didn’t like it. “I don’t know,” Ren replied, unsure as he gazed around the room once more. “Maybe we should wait outside until he gets back.”

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Chris sighed and folded over the corner of the page he was reading and slipped it into his backpack before smoothly putting it on and walking over to the entrance of the shop. He gazed around the shop coldly and walked to a stand to inspect the merchandise. He took his glasses off and cleaned them with his jumper before putting them back on and inspecting the ingredients of one of the packets of Malteasers and then one of the M&M packet. He decided to pick a packet of chocolate buttons and walked over to the till. He put a couple of pounds on the desk and walked over to the others to see what they were doing as he opened the packet, popped in a few of the buttons into his mouth and chewed.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Keiran » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:35 pm

The purple-eyed boy pulled his smaller brother to the door way, and the smaller boy protested quietly. Bu’ we shou’ probly wai- the blue-eyed boy began looking fearfully around. Nothin’ ventured, nothin’ gained, Sin! said the purple-eyed boy, pulling his black overshirt up from around his shoulders and grinned at the smaller boy. Then he walked right into the boy who had bought the candy, knocking all three of them to the floor. Hey! Watch- started the purple-eyed boy irately, but the blue-eyed one interrupted him quietly, I’m s’ry, ar’ yo’ alri’? He scrunched away from the other boy, hoping he wouldn’t hurt them.

Postby Gigafist » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:37 pm

“I’m sorry Billy,” Lucas apologized to his best friend, “I didn’t mean to keep you waiting. I sort of lost track of time while playing with my toys.” After apologizing to Billy Lucas started to observe some of the children that had gathered there and wondered if any of them would make good playmates when they all started to go into Swetini’s Shop of Sweets. “Let’s hurry up and go see Mr. Swetini about this contest.” He suggested to Billy as he quickly followed the other children into the candy shop and almost tripped over Hell. “I’m so sorry. I wasn’t looking where I was going.”

Postby Archrival » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:28 am

Billy followed Lucas towards the shop, but dodging Hell though as Billy has better sense of awareness of things going on around him.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby CrystalynnJade » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:29 pm

Brina glanced nervously into the shop before sliding in just around the door so not to run into anyone. She glances up at Katy and decided to answer, "Well he has to be nearby, I don't think Mr. Swetini would just leave we he was expecting us. At least I hope he wouldn't." Brina let out a small hum and hugged Zed close to her face while looking over the shop. It looked the same as it always did, or at least the same as last week when she came to pick up a small bag of strawberry belts.

Brina sticks her hand in her pocket and pulls out one of the small white bags that holds the last of the strawberry belts she had bought. Sugary sugar covered in sugar, well at least she would be awake for whatever they were going to be doing. Brina sticks her hand in the bag and pulls out one of the belts then puts it into her mouth. "Oh... sorry Zed," she says brushing the sugar that had fallen off of the plush dog.

Postby Eternal Rain » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Aera "Air" Maybelle Hawthorne

Oh no! I'm late! Came a feminine cry. Aera, clad in a white tank top and gray shorts that she slept in, stumbled around her room, yanking clothes out of her closet, often times bumping into the small table that was in the middle of her floor. She yanked off the clothes she slept in, then pulled on the clothes she flung from her closet and drawer.

The clothes she picked was a light purple dress that fell to her knees, it had no sleeves or straps, a draw string holding the top of the dress closed just under her collar bone. Black leggings sprouted under the dress, stopping four inches under her knees. She had black socks that had a small purple ribbon on either side of them, then brown boots that had the fuzzy insides.

After yanking a blue jean jacket on, she brushed her short, jet black hair quickly, brushed pearl-like teeth, then flew down the stairs of her house. You guys could have woken me up! She yelled to her parents, grabbing a pop-tart from the cabnet and poured milk into an on-the-go cup.

"We thought you were awake already." Came her mother's reply. Blue eyes, with a green and orange swirl around the pupils, glared at her mother who smiled innocently. Air sighed. I'm gonna go now, I can't be more late than I already am! She said, her parents bid her farewell and she ran out her door, flying down Elm street.

Air slid onto the counrner and nearly went face first into the light pole, but grabbed it and swung herself around to face the shop just in time as the younger kids finished piling in. She let out a relived sigh and followed behind the last of the kids to enter, lookign around. She recognised the faces, smiling brightly when she saw a familer red head.

Makign her way past the group, she kneeled down beside Katydid and smiled. Katydid! I'm glad to see you weren't late, like I was. She said, smiling sweetly to the girl.
Stufflikehearts: Wow, spam is being nice o.o
Tragedy_and_Comedy: Rainy, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Jasthn: I'm beginning to like Eternal Rain. :D
Jasthn: You are quickly becoming my bestest friend.
Garethcool: pwnt. like. a. newb.
Leopardess: Awesomesauce, good job! :D -hugs and tosses confetti about-
IamAlphaGeek: Wootz! My neck wont have brooses!!! For now at any rate!

Postby TheLivingCouch » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Ren was busy looking around the shop when Sin and Hell came bounding through the door. The boy cringed as they plowed straight into Chris sending the trio straight to the ground near the register. The eerie stillness had instantly been shattered, and with it whatever sense of wonder the shop held. It was just another candy store like any other, if very well decorated. That still left the problem of the missing Mr. Swetini. If no one was going to stay outside and wait, they might as well look for him. “He’s got to be around somewhere.” He said turning to Brina. “He wouldn’t leave and leave the door wide open. Someone might steal something if he did that.” Ren put cocked his head to the side in thought. “Maybe he’s just off in a back room or something, getting things ready.” He had to be somewhere after all.

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Lily blinked at the sudden commotion, biting down on her lip to stop herself from laughing. She knew it was rude, but when she saw people trip over like that, she found it hard not to giggle. She quickly composed herself, not wanting to appear insensitive.

She listened to people commenting about the absense of Mr. Swetini, a small frown of concentration appearing on her face.
"Maybe he wants to make a grand enterance?" she suggested. "I think he's here somewhere, waiting for the right moment to appear. I know that's what I'd do if I was running a contest like this. I'd wait till everyone was there and settled before I made myself known. 'Make it more mysterious and dramatic," she smiled. "That's what they always do in story books, anyway..."
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:22 pm

Chris lay on the floor for a few seconds, resting his sore forehead on the cool ground before raising his head and staring at all his chocolate buttons scattered along the floor. He frowned at his hand holding the now empty packet and then twisted his head around to glare coldly at the two boys that had knocked into him. He got up a second later, scrunched up the empty packet and held out his hand towards the two boys. Without a hint of emotion he said I would like 92p please, I imagine that that the worth of the chocolate I did not get to eat, due to your combined carelessness. I feel that is only fair, Of course I'm prepared to negotiate a suitable repayment if you don't wish to pay me money. Other sweets would be acceptable, or anything else you would wish to offer, so long as it is an equal trade for my lost con-fect-tion-ar-ry. he finished crisply as he lobbed the packet into a nearby bin.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Katydid smiled. Air was here. Air was an adult and with Air came a person with reponsibility, a person with authority. She was a person to look up to, to please at all costs You're always late. But... I was only the third one here and the second one in... She noticed Chris and the twins. Her lip curled at the injustice of it, he was expecting them to pay for an accident? They obviously couldn't afford to pay. And hello? If it's an accident, you say sorry and it's dealt with. And they were so frightened. Hey! Buddy! It was an accident. They said "Sorry." It's dealt with. Now piss off.

Next

Return to Role Playing