Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

Postby Slipslash » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:31 am

Ahh crap, I hadn't given any thought to how valuable an asset my weapon may be.

heh heh heh. I wonder if he could join them....if not, it would make a nice RP arc, no?
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:49 am

Well, just being an Apprentice is a task that kills most people. And even then, Apprentices don't get guns. More folks gotta die before the truly good enough get chosen by a gun. In this series, the guns kinda have spirits of their own.

Big example is Sturm, handed down to each Guild Master. To be Guild Master, you gotta be able to use him. At all. Even the Elders who run the Guild in secret can't go against that thing. And they're made up of all former Guild Masters who once could wield it.

So... They might just let you try joining, just to kill you in the training. And they would. Harmonia seems a bit fond of espionage and assassinations, and that's just for disputes between the First Class citizenry.

Luckily, the Guild don't discriminate against things like race, nationality, or hair/eye color like the rest of Harmonia. Long as you got skill and live, you're in.
Demon of Elru

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Are there any working PS2 emulators? I might try to get the number 3 which was never released here...
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Slipslash » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Nope none unless you have a machine that can play Crisis on steroids

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Suikogaiden explosive reference-uuuuuuuuu~~!!!!!

====

Name: Nash Mikain

Race: Human…sort of

Weapon: Moon’s Beacon -- A longsword crafted with an elegant hilt, the blade being thickest one inch above the hilt before it gradually declines into the tip. The grip of the hilt is wrapped in hunter green silk. The pommel a brightly shined silver orb. The hilt’s guard is a simple design of two thin and lengthy bronze guards extending from the left and right of the sword. The blade itself separates into a chain sword. (Though that’s just the sword classes name. It’s actually kept together by thin, layered wires of steel.) The thick portion of the blade is ornately decorated by a symbol smoothly fixed within the steel in the shape of a single crescent moon. Oddly, those most familiar with all True Rune tales may see some resemblance toward the symbol.

Country of Origin: Holy Kingdom of Harmonia

Appearance: Nash stands at an even six feet. His partially waved hair reaches down to his shoulders, but most of it is pulled back into a high ponytail by a dark green band. His bangs are parted down the middle and freely hang over his face down to his cheeks. His bright, blue eyes seem to cast a mild hue of green at the edges from time to time, giving some speculation that his eyes are actually blue green. (But anyone who knows Harmonia intricately might just shut their mouth about that, lest they seek a midnight rendezvous with the Howling Voice Guild. Harmonia doesn‘t like such derogatory speculation…)

Nash has a very loyal taste for greens and softer earth tones. And scarves. This is quite evident by his long sleeved, leaf green vest, sandy brown undershirt tucked under his belt, and the mint green and white striped scarf hanging over a mildly brown cloak that hangs to his waist. His clothes are all rather stylish and finely tailored, richly elegant in their finesse as they flow almost seamlessly over his form. His hands are commonly bound in brown, leather gloves. His vest is two tones of green with a third color. The sleeves are the very dominant leaf green while the trims are lined by a deep hunter green, with white lines crossed above the trims. His slacks are faded white and loosely tucked into his shin-high brown, leather boots with brass loops for the laces. His waist is wrapped by a brown leather belt with a steel buckle, which in turn is layered under a second scarf of mint green and white stripes. Wrapped around his waist to drape in tail below his cloak. (Just in case he loses the other scarf.)

Rune: Wind Rune, Left Hand

Skills:
- Rune Slot
- Technique
- Vitality

Party: (In progress.)

History: (In progress.)
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Slipslash wrote:Nope none unless you have a machine that can play Crisis on steroids

Yeah... *sigh*. I've tried it.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:52 pm

Heh. Too bad. 3's the last time they showed big-bad Yuber, even if he was sans armor.

But what a gip. No Pesmerga in sight...
Demon of Elru

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:12 pm

'Looks at my computer'

Yeah, I think I can play crysis on steroids

Postby Slipslash » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Go ahead, you think you can play the PS2 emu, and Crisis on steroids is a bit underrated for the tech required for the emulator....

Postby ViviGlow » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:09 pm

I will try!... and report back eventually!

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Ok... so we have four people who have signed up (plus Hana who will deal with the non-combatants). I'm going to wait for another week for people who want to join to make a post saying they might join before getting the game ready to start.

To those who are applying, we need some kind of rune sage. Otherwise we will just have to make due.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm

And its works fine, go me. :D

Postby Geomancer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Damn yooouuuuu!!!

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 am

Sucker.

Postby Geomancer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Two more days until the RP starts.

Since no one else has posted something saying they are going to join, I'll start working on the little side stories.

GMancer

Postby Slipslash » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey Geo, you never answered my question on the previous page

Postby Geomancer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Hmm? Oh, seems fine.

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Alrighty! Time to set up the IC!

GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Guess I'll just start working on history soon, then. Should be able to use the bits in the games just for now.
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Ok, it's up. Describe your character's location and current status.

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Any particular reason no one but Slip has posted?

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:43 pm

Uh, yeah Thursdays are always hectic for me. 8 am class 9:30, 1, work study 3-5 and then class at 7. And today I've been writing my japanese composition in between classes. I'll a post either by tonight or in the morning sometime.

Postby Geomancer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Ah. Err... sorry about that. I probably should have waited until Satruday to ask.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:42 pm

No, no. No worries. . I understand. I get irritated when people post slow too, and Im not even a GM of any of the RP's. I'll get it up as soon as I can. I imagined myself speaking in am apologetic tone and thought it would transfer to my typing... it didn't. Sorry about that.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:25 pm

Updated, because I rather enjoyed the research needed to refresh my memory of everything. And since you said it was 400 years since 3 ended, I'm setting the year as used by Harmonia's Solar Year Calendar. Only other calendar in use is the Falenan calendar. Unless you wanna take liberties here, Geo. XD

====

Name: Nash Mikain

Race: Human…sort of

Weapon: Moon’s Beacon -- A longsword crafted with an elegant hilt, the blade being thickest one inch above the hilt before it gradually declines into the tip. The grip of the hilt is wrapped in hunter green silk. The pommel a brightly shined silver orb. The hilt’s guard is a simple design of two thin and lengthy bronze guards extending from the left and right of the sword. The blade itself separates into a chain sword. (Though that’s just the sword classes name. It’s actually kept together by thin, layered wires of steel.) The thick portion of the blade is ornately decorated by a symbol smoothly fixed within the steel in the shape of a single crescent moon. Oddly, those most familiar with all True Rune tales may see some resemblance toward the symbol.

Country of Origin: Holy Kingdom of Harmonia

Appearance: Nash stands at an even six feet. His partially waved hair reaches down to his shoulders, but most of it is pulled back into a high ponytail by a dark green band. His bangs are parted down the middle and freely hang over his face down to his cheeks. His bright, blue eyes seem to cast a mild hue of green at the edges from time to time, giving some speculation that his eyes are actually blue green. (But anyone who knows Harmonia intricately might just shut their mouth about that, lest they seek a midnight rendezvous with the Howling Voice Guild. Harmonia doesn‘t like such derogatory speculation…)

Nash has a very loyal taste for greens and certain earthy tones. And scarves. This is quite evident by his long sleeved, leaf green vest, sandy brown undershirt tucked under his belt, and the mint green and white striped scarf hanging over a mildly brown cloak that hangs to his waist. His clothes are all rather stylish and finely tailored, richly elegant in their finesse as they flow almost seamlessly over his form. His hands are commonly bound in brown, leather gloves. His vest is two tones of green with a third color. The sleeves are the very dominant leaf green while the trims are lined by a deep hunter green, with white lines crossed above the trims. His slacks are faded white and loosely tucked into his shin-high brown, leather boots with brass loops for the laces. His waist is wrapped by a brown leather belt with a steel buckle, which in turn is layered under a second scarf of mint green and white stripes. Wrapped around his waist to drape in tail below his cloak. (Just in case he loses the other scarf.)

Rune: Wind Rune, Left Hand

Skills:
- Technique
- Vitality
- (Empty)

Party: (N/A)

History: Nash was born into a highly classed family among the ranks of Harmonia’s nobles and first-class citizens. In keeping with all first-class, he was born with blonde hair and blue eyes, the customary trademark of the nobles. His family ensured he never needed for anything as he grew. But they weren’t ones to completely spoil their young, unlike some pretenders to nobility. When Nash old enough to begin, his parents sent him for education and training with Master Sauro, a former Guild Master -- then Elder -- of Harmonia’s renowned Howling Voice Guild. To say the least, Master Sauro was a very taxing and strict teacher. But, despite his methods being often consistent with broken limbs and bloody vomit, Sauro always knew how to train the best of pupils. Two of whom were even candidates for Guild Master at the same time, an occurrence that has almost never occurred considering the strict nature of the Guild’s training.

Though, thankfully, Nash was allowed to leave during the training once his two years at the Tower were up. To keep with his training, he was then allowed in the ranks of the Temple Guards of Harmonia, the elite faction of the army. The skills and tutelage earned him the talents needed to master usage of his family’s cherished heirloom, the weapon Grosser Fluss. In truth, the enlistment was likely an act of subterfuge on the parts of his parents, the Harmonian Priests, and the Temple Faction of Harmonia. For a long time, Harmonia was secretly split by an internal political struggle between the first-class, racially binding Temple Faction and the People’s Faction, consisting of mostly lower-class citizenry -- though are also backed by some of the more kind or manipulative noble families. And all the while, the Priests and Bishops of Circle Palace, as well as the Howling Voice Guild from time-to-time, manipulate and use both factions whenever they seek aid from outside forces.

Years into his admission to the Temple Guard, a tragedy struck home as Nash’s parents died mysteriously of an unknown cause. And soon after, his sister became engaged to her tutor, Zaj Quilous, one of the rare few adopted by a first-class family. But, while uncovering the truth of his parents’ demise, Nash sought the aid of Master Sauro to analyze a strange substance he’d found. Sauro informed him that it had been a type of gradual, slow-acting poison used by the Howling Voice Guild. Of which he learned that Zaj was a member of. The confrontation between the two left Zaj seriously wounded and left for dead while Nash was forced to leave Crystal Valley, the capital of Harmonia. All thanks to the scheming of the Temple Faction’s plan to weaken Nash’s family -- one of the most influential of the time -- and limit the People’s Faction with their loss.

Joining the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Force, he knew he could put his skills to use and no one would question his background. In SY (Solar Year) 460 was ordered to investigate Jowston on reports of True Rune use in the region. His journeys and struggles entangled him almost too deeply in the struggles of the Dunan Unification War, with such actions as freeing Jowy Atreides (later Atreides-Blight), who later on became married to Jillia Blight to be named successor of the entire Highland Kingdom. Other acclaimed actions include dueling two of Highland’s greatest generals, Culgan and Seed, at once. Then taking the moniker of Nash Silverburg to aid in defending Greenhill from Highland’s invading forces. During this time, he discovered Zaj was alive and seeking Nash’s death, forcing him to travel east to Harmonia. Exposing a fake uprising using the name of the former Flame Champion and escaping capture with aid from his aunt, Lena Suphina, while fighting a young warrior who later became Joker of the Second Fire Bringer War, and afterwards helping save Marid from a wild dragon. Nash arrived in Crystal Valley in the year 461, where he dueled and finally defeated Zaj once again. Upon his aunt’s request for him to stay, Nash sealed away Grosser Fluss and left upon seeing the troubles he had caused his sister.

Nash resurfaced in history once more nearly fifteen years later in Grassland, working as an agent under the employ of Bishop Sasarai. During this time, he accompanied the Zexen Knight Commander Chris Lightfellow, joining the forces of the new Fire Bringer while becoming reacquainted with old friends such as Joker, and a certain female rune shop owner. During the time near the end of the Second Fire Bringer War, Nash had been in contact with Albert Silverburg, strategist to Luc, the leader of the Destroyers. He supplied information Silverburg had leaked to him, giving the Fire Bringer Luc’s location to end the war and halt his attempts to destroy several True Runes at once. During his stay at the Fire Bringer’s castle, there were several reports of Nash being seen at lakeside, visiting a mysterious, beautiful young woman that no one knew the name to, further attributing to his status of ‘married’ by the year 475.

The date now is SY (Solar Year) 875...

====

Edit: Uh... Gonna have to post tomorrow. The 'research' took longer than I thought -- couldn't stop reading. So, gotta get going soon.
Demon of Elru

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing