Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

Postby Alcas » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 pm

Name: Zacharias Ringier (called Zach or Zachary)

Race: Human

Weapon: Short Sword. A yet to be named blade found in one of his father's spelunking adventures in yet another Sindar Ruin. He uses this blade instead of his military issue, which he still carries with him, along with a number of assassin tools. These include a dagger, throwing daggers, a garrote, and a number of smoke screen and flash bombs.

Origin: Sol-Falena, and later Island Nation

Appearance:

Age: 29, 6’1”, black hair, fair skin, green eyes. He very rarely looks like himself however as he often keeps his appearance masked by the power of the Shift Rune. In his duties as Island Nations delegate to Magus he is well-tanned and has light brown hair and a wider face, as is expected of Island Nation people. His eyes are also blue when in that guise. When he is performing his duties as a spy his appearance is often made up on the spot, changing randomly from day to day, and indeed during each day as to throw off pursuers, though if he is meeting a specific contact he often has a specific character. He rarely shows anyone his true appearance so that in the event he cannot use the Shift Rune no one will recognize him, saving it for true friends or allies, but he does have a particular guise that is similar to his real appearance that he uses for everyday use, because the less that is changed the less energy is used. Needless to say that as a delegate he has a number of rather expensive outfits, and as a spy he has about 4 different usual clothing sets. Otherwise he uses field procurement (theft) of clothing in order to avoid becoming suspicious. The Shift Rune was kept a secret even in the Island Nations, but other countries have spies as well.

The characters he uses don't actually have names, though he sometimes makes a name for them. Sometimes it even scares him that each one seems to have it's own personality.

Everyday Form: Almost identically built as his normal appearance, but about an inch and a half shorter, Lighter black hair, blue eyes, slightly darker and richer skin tone, but still a fair coloration. The few mars and the scar that is on his normal appearance are gone. He uses this form when he just wants to be another person, but can't quite reveal his true self.

Drail: When he is trying to be conspicuously shady this is his guise. A sallow almost sickly yellow face. Brown eyes dark enough to be mistaken for black. 6'2". Black almost greasy hair. He often uses this character as a distraction for one of his other characters. ( he often doesn't change the color of his entire body tone, to do so would waste energy and he rarely has need to take off his clothes during a mission.)

Rorie: A rather clueless bumbling idiot of a kid. Other than appearing much younger and with brown eyes and hair, this character is much the same as Zach's everyday disguise, which is close to his own normal appearance. He uses this when he doesn't what someone to take him seriously, it is often a trap that they won't expect. Rorie has changed appearances a few times, mainly because one of the other appearances has become a criminal or is wanted dead by some crime or war lord or such.

Bane: This is a character that is used for his official work. This character is often completely unassuming and shifts appearances randomly. He has a different name for different people.

typical clothing: (especially for official business, though without the guy posing >_<)
http://www.pearsonsrenaissanceshoppe.co ... rcoat1.jpg
http://www.pearsonsrenaissanceshoppe.co ... rcoat4.jpg

Runes:

Cypher Rune: This rune has a dual nature. Ordinarily the rune is completely powerless. But when it senses that its user has a need for secrecy, it makes his speech unintelligible to anyone, but who it was intended. The intended target also speaks as though in another language.

The second nature occurs when the rune comes in direct contact with another rune. A link is made between the two runes and the Cypher Rune can then leech the power and ability of the second rune normally around half of the 2nd runes original power. The Cypher Rune maintains it's new attributes until either all the leeched rune's power is gone or until the Cypher Rune's user dispels it.

Shift Rune: Allows the user to shift their appearance and physical stature to anything they wish. The more radical the change, the more energy is spent, meaning that there is a time limit if the change is particularly arduous, such as changing one’s stature a great deal for too long or especially if one tries changing into the opposite sex, though it seems as though normal stamina can fuel the rune for a short time when magical power fails.

Skills:
2nd rune
Stealth
Agile

Party: ( Do I need to make one for myself? Or will I find one you make?)

History: Originally born in Sol Falena in the Queendom of Falena, Zach’s family moved to Obel, after his father retired from being a merchant. Though he still kept his own ship and they sailed to Obel on it. His father was an adventurer and so retirement didn’t keep him out of trouble. He was soon spelunking all over, often taking Zach and the rest of the family with him on some hare-brained adventure. During one such venture They came across a set of ruins. Upon further inspection it was found to be of the Sindar. Inside Zacharias was exploring off on his own when he came across a glowing rune. Thinking to show it to his father he reached out and grabbed it. As soon as he did the Cypher Rune passed in his right hand and remains there to this day.

The leader of the Island Nations soon learned of the Rune, as people often heard him speaking babble even while whoever he was talking to seemed to perfectly understand, and realized Zacharias’s potential. Zach trained to be a soldier and then a spy and was soon given missions to the Gaien Dukedom, and even his homeland of Falena. He was soon awarded the Shift Rune another unique rune in order to aid him.

Sent as part delegate part spy to the country of Magus. As a delegate he was supposed to find out what kind of person Zeroth was and also to offer Magus an accord of friendship. As a spy he was supposed to find additional information on Magus’s military might, the political waters involving the other nations, and discover the truth of rumors concerning Magus’s leader and whether or not he controlled a True Rune.
Last edited by Alcas on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Postby Slipslash » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Name: Rigen (Pronounced: Rigg-en) "The Western Storm" Hildegard
Race: Human
Weapon: Red Monsoon- A Musket type weapon from a foreign land. The wood adorning this weapon is a deep red, it has it's name 紅色季風 inscribed on the butt of the rifle, along with one other strange character, although upon further inspection it's revealed to actually be the Fire rune. It's an artillery variety, so the barrel is extended out to 5ft instead of the 4ft. A long thin blade runs down the under-side of the barrel, curving out from it for a single foot. In all the weapon is 6ft long. A part on the upper of the butt is cut out, and the section around the trigger is smoothed down, allowing the user to quickly shift from a firing position to a double handed sword stance, using the weapon as a sword. The sword part is made from the same material found in that of tradition Oriental blades, a combination of the Katana and musket, as such it's relatively light, the only heavy part would be the gun part itself. As you can imagine the weapon does take a long time to load, but due to a special ability it possess, it can be fired at a better then normal pace, and due to it's size, it can take on target at a large range, and if the target happens to get in close, it can be wielded as a very large sword/spear

And if a 6ft weapon sounds to long, don't worry, here's a diagram with details on common muskets with a length indicator here It would look more like the first one on there too (except for the blade attached, and the trigger/butt area)

Origin: Originally hails from Densleo, but his history explains more...

Appearance: Rig is a curious character in these lands. he looks like a normal Densleian, with his brown hair, blue eyes, and cream colored skin not to mention his height and his build. Standing at 5'11 and with a body that suggest a lot of use, he wears a perpetual smile, being a jokester by nature. But this is where the normal qualities end, for along with his extremely strange weapon, Rig wears a suit of armor most definitely not of this land. One could only describe it as oriental, the armor itself is a red color, matching the weapon with which he is mostly always seen holding. Although no one would no it at the time, his armor looks to be what soldiers in the land he visited normal attire, if you perhaps don't quite know what it would look like, Google "Chinese armor" for some good examples. Rig would look to be a foreigner from afar, but up close one would discover this man is no foreigner, but is instead, wearing some peculiar armor.

Runes:
Wind Rune- Follows the normal use of a wind rune, but he can also use it to "adjust" the flight that his projectiles take.

Fire Rune- The orientals have developed (like a musket among other things) a weapon that has the ability to take on targets at range, but they had debated about what to do to make the reload times shorter. Enter the Red Monsoon, created by the eastern (or west, depending on how you look at it) Magicians, the fire rune on the weapon enables the user to simply load the gun-powder and ball into the gun shove it down into the barrel and fire, thus taking out the necessary flint and fuse mechanism. However due to the guns ungainly size, and the fact that it must still be rammed down the barrel, it's not a giant improvement.

Skills:

-Luck
-Good Marksmanship
-Extra Rune

Party:

History: Rig was born to unknown parents, as he was left for an Orphanage. But during this time many Orphanages during the time were united under a program by the King and that program followed an early conscription, or take any children who looked to make fine soldiers, perhaps the King could smell war even before its wake, as year later a great swath of soldiers would fill the rank and form. now this event was heralded rather then frowned upon, many children often aspired to be in the Kings army. Rig was one of these chosen. Trained from an early age (12 was considered perfect for these early soldiers) Rig went through the rigors of early training for those picked. Rig, however, did not see any actual fighting, even at the out-break of the war, Rig was assigned to a lonely outpost on the far-side of the country next to a river ,well away from the fighting, Rig, 18 at the time, showed that he was agitated by such a decision, but inwardly he was thankful. However, no more then a half-year later, Rig along with the 7 other men, disappeared from their outposts, well actually the other three men were found in pieces, in the outpost, but Rig was not, but due to the amount of blood and destruction found at the sight, and a bloody helmet and shredded armor belonging to Rig they rules Rig as Killed in Action.

But what in actuality, Rig had been asleep during one night, when one of the men at the outpost had called the alarm, apparently he had found the bloody remains of one of the men, and in the middle of his speech, was rudely interrupted by this same monster, who killed him on the spot, the remaining men, previously jaded at their comrades report, broke out into full panic (as full veterans would not have been assigned to this place) Rig himsefl would of no doubt suffered the same fate of his brethren, had he not run directly into the river, disregarding the fact it was rainy season, so the waters were at their fullest, and quickly swept Rig away (not without a bite to the side of course) he awoke the next morning, on the rivers banks far down-stream. Walking for 2 days without any treatment and loss of blood, Rig collapsed. But was nursed back to health by a man in strange attire he had never seen before. And later as he gained his health he saw he had never seen the buildings architecture anywhere either (Although he had remembered the rumors about a country with similar things) apparently the man was a teacher of some sort, and Rig who had developed a friendship with the man, decided to stay and learn more about the land. Rig stayed for 2 years, learning the ways of the man's people. and spent the other traveling this country, and through his travels and his foreign looks, Rig acquired the name "Western storm". He acquired Red quite by accident, showing more homage to his luckiness Coming across a dieing official of some sort, Rig quickly went to his side, the official, expressed some surprise at Rig being foreign, but interpreted it as a sign, he then instructed Rig to open a chest by his side, in it was a strange sword attached to a metal stick and it's accompanying armor. He then told Rid to take a small puny ring off his finger and present it to this sect "they'll know what to do with you then."
Rig did visit this place, he did offer the ring, and the sect recognized Rig as the new successor to this new experimental weapon the Red Monsoon. And the official had actually been one of the countries leading magicians, and after a retrieval of the body, and a burial, Rig was trained to use this new weapon: the musket, he had never before seen such a strange looking thing, nor had he seen such power it had, as Rig was trained to use it. Rig was then turned out onto the street, the sect gave Rig a small booklet to record the weapons uses, in-order to field test the weapon the sect had decided to send out Rig for a few years. They armed Rig with the necessary equipment needed, and instructions on how to make extra ammo. So Rig took to Densleo to see how his old country had been doing, with a smile on his face, and a musket at his back.

--------------------------------

Considering the weapon has a passive symbol on it, I was wondering if I would be allowed a possible freed skill slot? This isn't important, of course, but I was curious, and what about personality? Or is it not important? And as always, questions, comments?
Last edited by Slipslash on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:23 am

My apologies Geo, i was writing fast before i headed off to work and didn't take the time to re-read what i had written.
Thankfully, two of my questions have been answered by the Character Sheets which have been added.
The other question related to "do you have to own a rune stone" but as the character i now have in mind does use one it becomes slightly irrelevant. I should have my (spell-checked) character up soon.
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

@Alcas: Can you describe some of the common forms your character takes?

When you recruit some of the stars you'll be able to pick some of them to join you. That is your 'party'.

@Slip: In the history, you make spelling/gramatical errors. Both out-post and with-out are spelled without hyphens (outpost & without, respectively.)

Could you put a space in between the two runes?

While your character may specialize in using the wind rune that way, you can use it for it's normal purposes.

With the fire rune your gun wouldn't even need any ammo except when you needed something physical, not magical. Think of it like having a gun and cannon at the same time.

Why the length of the weapon?

I always hated personality sections. I prefer to see you play it out rather than have to write about it.

Yes, having a rune on your weapon consumes a skill slot.

You don't have the 'party' section anymore.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Alcas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow nice timing. We were on at almost the exact same time, and I just happened to check it right after you posted. I'll describe a few more forms he takes in the CS.

ok finished that. Anything else you see?

Postby Hana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:50 pm

Would it be possible to create one (or a few) of the support Stars? You know, the ones that stay in the home base after you recruit them and typically provide mini-games in the vidja games?

It would be fine with me to wait until whenever to come in and then to have cameo appearances whenever anyone's at the base in question after recruitment. I just...kinda always liked the support people best.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:07 pm

@Alcas: Seems ok for now. Won't be accepting until I see some more people with CSs, though. You forgot age, though.

@Hana: Sure! I like the idea of someone playing support characters. I'm sure you realize this means you will have limited appearance but if you are fine with that you are free to do so.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Name: Hawke Carino

Race: Winger

Weapon: Knuckle Blades – As it sounds this is rather like knuckle dusters expect across the knuckles there is a curved blade which extends far enough on either side such that it can be used to either slash or stab. (Most similar to this if the blade was longer http://www.martialartsgear.com/knives/o ... /13955.jpg)

Country of Origin: Magus

Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/images3/i/20 ... _Hawke.png His hair is a deep onyx black to match with his wings, his skin is slightly tanned from playing outside and his eyes are a iridescent emerald hue. As he is leaving his home he hasn’t got much to wear, the cloak pictured is as black as his wings so they match well together it is also strong and warm so that he can fly and travel without getting cold.

Rune: Left hand – Lightning Right hand - Empty

Skills:
-Flight
-Rune Slot
-Fast

Party: Empty for now.

History: Hawke was born in one of the largest of Magus’s cities, his parents had came there a long time ago as it was nearby to a large mountain rich in herbs of many varieties and with their ability of flight and skills they were able to get to the plants no other herbalist could. This lead to him having a fairly good life, there was the standard difficulties brought on by the war but he was no worse off than any of the others ... he did get bullied a fair bit for being a winger at his school since it was comprised mainly of humans, though he made a few friends... both human... and crow...

This normal life continued and quite quickly he showed a surprising talent for rune magic despite his age, already able to use one by the age of 9 he was gifted with the actual rune itself at age 13 to celebrate passing through his primary school, it was also there he developed into being able to use another rune at 13 and a half years... this progress was noted however by those in power.

It was unusual enough to see a child of his age gaining these abilities to begin with, but then there was the fact he was a winger and neither of his parents had showed any potential for the art... one morning there was a group of men at the door asking if he would come with them to try and learn more about how he developed his powers, his parents weren’t fools fortunately and sent them on their way.

But as time passed they grew more and more insistent on him either going with them or joining the war efforts, a few others in his class had been recruited too and even he himself had started to worry about what was going on... trying to think what he could do about it he was starting to realise he would either have to go with them or run away from home... but he knew he had nowhere to run to and just a few days before he was going to give in... Lenkaat appeared and told him he had a greater calling...

Hmmm... is this all.. I feel like i'm forgetting somethin... whatever.
Last edited by ViviGlow on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I... am plotting something... he he he he...

Postby Geomancer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Ok, first off, we need a description of color. The picture is fine but we need some color to go with it.

Secondly, I'm assuming the rune slot and empty thing means he can use a second rune but doesn't have one at the moment.

Other than that, looks pretty good. As I said before, however, I'm not accepting yet.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:35 pm

There, edit.

Postby Hana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Pssst...I think it's supposed to be Leknaat, not Lenkaat. ^_~

I've got a couple of ideas for support Stars, but they're not fully fleshed out yet. Should I post them in the thread when I'm done or PM them to you, Geo?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Alcas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:53 pm

nice catch Hana. Your right. Why didn't I notice that?

Postby Hana » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 pm

'Cause it's a bunch of weird letters? It's easy to transpose a couple when it's a weird name. I only caught it because Suikoden II is one of my Top 5 Games of All Time, lol
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Alcas » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm

IV was my first and my favorite. Though I constantly hear people talk bad about it and it got bad scores. The thing they complained about most I loved. Which was the ship base. I loved the entire idea of it.

Postby ViviGlow » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:45 am

I had loads of fun with four too...

And the name I copied and pasted from the first page :P
So I blame Geo

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 am

Geomancer wrote:For example, a wolf may grow large and become smart enough to follow leaders without needing to be trained.

Ahh, good, good. You make reference to my fellow brother of the Shiro clan.

You have my support. Prepare for someone straight out of Harmonia.

Oh, but when does this take place? It gonna be after 3? And if so, how long has it been since Luc was stopped? Cause I might just carry over a character or two for the fun of it.
Demon of Elru

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:32 am

Errr... How about.... four hundred years. I've got something of an embarrassing secret to admit. I never was able to finish three although I know what happens.

GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:45 am

Ah... Dang.

Wait... Might work out. I'll PM you to ask some things.
Demon of Elru

Postby ViviGlow » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm

I never even got to play three at all, not released over here... oddly four and five were...

Postby Alcas » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 pm

where you live Vivi?

Postby Hana » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:00 pm

*pokes Geo* Want for I should post support Stars here, or PM them to you when I am done with them?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:17 pm

PM me please.

GMancer

Postby ViviGlow » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:40 pm

The U.K. go me.

Postby Slipslash » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:44 am

Ok I fixed the minor edits, but I have a few questions (and a few answers) about others.

the gun: I chose to take a more realistic route, seeing as how fire is uncontrollable I just assumed I couldn't exactly focus fire into such a precise compact size, your thoughts? (Although the cannon idea sounds good....)

Length: Well considering on my diagram, the biggest one there is 5 feet long. Mine is 5 feet as well, but with the sword attached the size is extended out one extra foot.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:21 am

Wait, you're making a guy from the Howling Voice Guild?

Otherwise I get the feeling they might want to talk with you... Could make for something interesting, them sniping at you and trying to take the gun. XD
Demon of Elru

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing