Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Suikoden RP: The Chimera War

The continent of Wevryn has become engulfed in a war that has come to be called the 'Chimera War'. The three major countries in the land have declared war against each other. The reason for the start of the war is a mystery (one which must be solved) but the three countries are now fighting for their own reasons.

The country of Densleo's population is almost pure human. They have the largest army and the army's colors are blue and silver. Their banner is a lion with its teeth bared. Most sources say that the king, Richard IV, also known as the 'Lion's Wrath' for his famous temper, is continuing the war in order to take the lands from the nearby areas. He is not a warmonger but he believes that the entire continent should be under his country's control. For its own good, of course.

The country of Fera is unusual in that it is made up of mostly beasts, kobolds, and wingers. The human population is used to the wildness of the country. It has few large cities. Most of the population live in small communities, though they are by no means separated. They maintain strong ties. The leader of the country is a winger known as Pinna. He is in his prime and is known for his forceful personality. At the moment he is keeping his country on the defensive but he makes strikes of opportunity as they present themselves. Due to the composition of his army, they can strike quickly and leave before the enemy can present a counter attack. He continues the war because he does not
want to give any land to Densleo and does not trust the Magus. Their banner is a golden ram but their colors are green and brown.

Magus is the smallest country but has the biggest concentration of rune users. In addition, there are rumors that the leader, Zeroth, has a True Rune: the Storm Rune. It hasn't been confirmed. What is true, however, is that during several battles, storms have ravaged the enemy forces. Zeroth's reason for continuing the war is not known but all of the citizens have placed their absolute trust in their leader. Magus's banner is a crimson serpent and their colors are red and black.

The keeper of the Black Gate, Leknaat, has come to you all, declaring that you will need to act to save your world. You must find a place to come together and stop the war.

Terms:

Rune: A rune is a magical item that is inscribed on the user's body. Almost anyone can handle one rune which is placed on the user's dominant hand. A good rune user can hold one on each hand. An exceptional user can have an additional rune implanted on their forehead. Some runes can also be combined with weapons.

Common Runes:
Earth: Mainly defensive magic
Water: Mainly healing magic
Wind: Magic of each kind
Fire: Magic that damages all enemies
Lightning: Magic that primarily attacks a single enemy (but stronger than the fire rune)

However, not all runes provide magic. Some, such as the Titan Rune, slow down the user of a two-handed sword but drastically increase their strength.

True Rune: The 27 True Runes are runes of exceptional power. It is said that they were the first runes and all of the other runes were simply failed attempts to replicate the true runes. Each true rune has immense power. In addition, their users are eternal. (In my terms, eternal means you never age and cannot die from old age, regular disease, or other natural causes.)

Kobold: A dog in the shape of a human. They are not especially intelligent or good at using runes but they are fierce and quick warriors. They can also use their senses to good effect.

Winger: A humanoid with black, leathery wings and clawed feet. Wingers tend to be lighter and weaker than humans but they are faster and have the obvious advantage of being able to fly.

Elves: A race that look much like humans except for their thinner frame and their pointed ears. They are the fewest of all of the races. Only 5000 are said to exist on the whole continent. They are mostly broken up into groups of 100 to 500. Their runes are much different than the runes of the other races but only elves can make and use them. You cannot be one.

Beasts: Their are many creatures in the world that are strange and intelligent. For example, a wolf may grow large and become smart enough to follow leaders without needing to be trained. Or five flying squirrels could grow large, don capes, and become warriors of justice. Most cannot talk, however.

108 Stars of Destiny- 108 people who might not powerful on their own but will add something to the events that will change their world.

As part of the 108 Stars Stars of Destiny, you are the heroes who will save your world. You have several difficult challenges in front of you. You must find a way to stop the war, collect the other stars of destiny, find out how the war started, and confront and defeat the true villain.

CS

Name:

Race: (Human, Kobold, or Winger)

Weapon: (Staff, rock throwing, deadly cards, etc)

Country of Origin: (There are several different, small countries. You can create one if you add what it actually is at the bottom of your CS)

Appearance:

Rune?: (All of you can have at least one rune. If you feel your character is skilled, you can get two. If you really focus on magic, you can have three. You are allowed to make up runes. You are not allowed to have a True Rune.)

Skills: (Skills are special... well... skills your character posseses. You have three at the start and gain more as you recruit more of the Stars. Skills are not necessarily combat skills. You'll need all kinds of skills in order to recruit the Stars. Some example of non-combat skills are gambling, lucky, fishing, and performing though if you can think of a good one, I'll be sure to include at least one Star that you can recruit with that skill. Those who want multiple runes must take a skill slot per rune you want. For example, if you want all three runes, you'll fill two of the skill slots, leaving only one for something else. Having multiple runes does not mean you are especially powerful. It just means you have a lot of magical power to draw on. By being a winger, one of the slots must be 'flight' unless you lost your wings somehow. )
-
-
-

Party: (By recruiting Stars, you gain their services. At the beginning, you can only have one Star accompany you at any time but as time goes on, you'll be able to bring more and more with you. If you bring ones that have a special connection, they will be able to perform a powerful attack called an 'Unite Attack'.)

History:

Map of the World: World Map

Geography:

Wevryn is a large, island continent connected to the mainland by a very small causeway controlled by Densleo. It connects to the country of the Duran Republic but they prefer not to have contact with the mainland.

Magus, however, has their own way to get to the mainland. They use modified Blink Runes (not as powerful as Viki's) to transport themselves via gates with the runes implanted in them.

Fera is very self-sufficient so it rarely needs to go there. They use small boats if they have to.

The other smaller countries also use boats. The only other option would be to pay taxes in order to get goods across Densleo land. Thus most of the small countries are located at the edges of the continent.

Densleo occupies much of the southwestern portion of the continent while Fera is to the southeast. Magus is in the north east but is surrounded by smaller countries. These countries have reacted to the war by forming the 'Slayer Alliance' and threatening that any action against the smaller countries will be met by a combined force.
Last edited by Geomancer on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Re: Suikoden RP: The Chimera Wars; Sign-ups

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Castle Description
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:45 pm

108 Stars description 1-54

5. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

6. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

7. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

8. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

9. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

10. Name:

Star Number:

Weapon:

Country of Origin:

Appearance:

Rune?:

Skills:
-
-
-

History:

Last edited by Geomancer on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:59 pm

108 stars 55-108

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:40 pm

One last post in case I need anything

GMancer

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:17 pm

I'm pretty sure this is all the posts I will need. You guys can post now.
Last edited by Geomancer on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GMancer

Postby Unlimited » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Why didn't you use the edit button?
Memento mori

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 pm

I think it is easier to create multiple posts, each with a different subject.

GMancer

Postby Cascade » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:18 pm

lol, are you really going to make that many characters?
You will only get a few players too.
FUKKATSU

Postby Geomancer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

I know... I'm only planning to take four.

Look, for a while now I've been making RPs so shallow you could step in them and not get your feet wet. I'm trying something new and better.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Well I'm trying to think of a character. When I create one I just kinda let it come to me over time, I don't just sit down and force it, but if i haven't thought of one by tomorrow I'll give it a serious thinking over. I think that I'm going to be a spear fighter, or a long range character like a archer or something, but with 2 runes. 1 is gonna be a custom, that would be useless unless fighting against another rune user, so that is part of the reason, I decided to use two. a description of what it is below so you can tell me what you think and if it is ok.

Cypher definitions: 1. a method of secret writing using substitution or transposition of letters according to a key

2. One having no influence or value; a nonentity.

3. The mathematical symbol (0) denoting absence of quantity; zero.

Cypher Rune: This rune has a dual nature. Ordinarily the rune is completely powerless. But when it senses that its user has a need for secrecy, it makes his speech unintelligible to anyone, but who it was intended. This nature made (insert name) a skilled informant and spy in the Magus intelligence network.

The second nature of the rune occurs when its other ability is not being activated and the user comes into contact with another rune user. The rune can copy the attributes and affects of the other user's rune. If the other user has more than one rune, the controller of the Cypher Rune can dictate which rune it will copy. The Cypher Rune also does not use any of it's own power with this ability. It leeches off of the other user's rune.

If this isn't original or if it's overpowered or something I don't need it for my character, the one I don't have yet btw. I just thought it was an interesting idea. Also obviously it wouldn't be able to copy a true rune, or even be able to leech off of it, not without permission from the rune's owner at any rate. Also I was thinking that if it was a bit too powerful, that maybe if it leeches a greater rune, like a Rage Rune or any of the similar ones, it only takes on a lesser form like a Fire Rune in that case. Whatever you think about that though.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 pm

Hmm... well, the first ability sounds okay.

The second... well... I'll allow it but it only works on two conditions:
1. Your character must actually touch the rune he wants to copy with the hand that holds the cypher rune.
2. The energy drain is half and half. While the other character's rune's power may be halved, it doesn't totally disappear. You provide the other half of the power.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Oh I never meant that it would drain all of the power of the other rune. I was thinking about the uses that runes have in the game. It would just be that each time the Cypher Rune is activated it takes away a use from the other rune, but even that is still overpowered. So I agree with both of the conditions.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:42 pm

The problem with the game system is that it relied on numbers. In this game, runes will just provide power for spells. So if you meant it drained magic of a certain type, that works too.

By the way, how long did you plan the rune to keep its copied power? For the encounter?

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 pm

Well it was going to be just while in the vicinity of the other rune user. What do you think a good range for it is? Or do you think that because you have to touch the other rune, that it should just be til the leeched power is gone?

edit: heading to class in 5 so I'll get back to you about whatever you answer later. Have a work study immediately after the class so it won't be til after 5 most likely.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm

It lasts until the leeched power is gone or after an hour, whichever comes sooner.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Alrighty. I kinda of have a character. He's going to be a roguish character from Magus. A spy in there intelligence networks. As far as combat goes a more technical fighter using speed and intelligence. Either shortsword or dagger(s). Other than that, I don't have a real history or his total personality worked out. I'll probably just edit this message to be my CS when I'm ready.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Sounds good. You will, of course, need a reason he defects. Remember, he will be seen by everyone he ever knew as a traitor. So you better have something good.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

Oh I though the reason was because, Lenkaat, contacted each person. So I need a reason to defect and then... where then, or will I just jump in at that point and RP how I got to wherever?

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Well, Lenkaat will have told everyone that they need to meet and the general direction but until you actually meet up, you guys will be alone. For example, your first post will be at the exact moment your character decides to leave. Then you'll need to escape. You won't know the next place to go until you do that.

GMancer

Postby Alcas » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Ok then. I think that the reason is going to be that a meeting ends up being a trap where he was supposed to contact someone as an informant, and then the government thinks that he set it up and betrayed them. And that's when he would be contacted by Lenkaat.

Postby Geomancer » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Err... that's not exactly what I meant. Your character, if he belongs to Magus, will have to leave of his own free will, not being forced into it.

GMancer

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:24 am

This looks very indepth Geomancer, i'm very intreaged. I have never played Suikoden before, i must look into it.... I just have a few question, before i throw up a CS for your approval.
Do you have to use a skill slot for each rune, or is the first one 'free'?
Do you hae to have a rune at all?
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Happy Little Gekko » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 am

One more quick question:
I noticed in a pic from google that one character carries a rifle, would u b allowng fire arms, andi so what kind? i.e. autoatic, semi-auto, flintlock/precussion, matchlight
I'm have a jumbel of character ideas that im sifting through
Small little creatre hyped up on red bull, will take over world... or explode on impact
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Geomancer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 pm

Ok, first of all, calm down.

Secondly, I have a thing about letters that stand for words and misspellings. They annoy me. Use a spell checker, please. Then I'll read what you have to say.

GMancer

Next

Return to Role Playing