The Candy Shop OCC----Sign Ups Closed; IC is up!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

The Candy Shop OCC----Sign Ups Closed; IC is up!

Postby sam4books » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Voted for by: Curley Whirly, Keiran, Digimonadvent, and last but not least Archrival.

|∿•∿•:-The Candy Shop-:•∿•∿|

“Gumdrops and Lollipops
Everything Sweet
Come inside for a tasty treat
Leave your troubles far behind
You'll be surprised by what you find
Gumdrops and Lollipops
Everything Sweet
Come inside for a tasty treat”

Main Theme: Men Without Hats - "Pop Goes The World"
Alternative Theme: Sarah McLachlan - "Rainbow Connection"

Exciting Intro:

Swetini's Shop of Sweets, a must go for all candy lovers of the small town of Chrome. What makes this little shop so important? Is it the candy? You can bet your left foot it is. They say the candy was made with magic, as if it was created by some sort of wizard. Taffy, chocolate, gumballs, all of them...like the entire world within your mouth. And the maker of all of these delicious delicacies is none other than the Great Candi Swetini. They say he had born across the sea to a stage magician and his wife. The shop owner had traveled the world, finding new recipes to experiment with. When he finally decided to settle down and for some reason he chose Chrome. And since then his treats have been enjoyed by adults and children alike. But what would happy to that happy little shop if Swetini were to suddenly die? Who would carry on his legacy? Apparently, he had been thinking of this. According to the citizens of Chrome, the man had been taking upon himself apprentices for years, but all of them for some strange reason...had disappeared without a trace. With no reason for why or how, people thought nothing of it, but there were some who thought of it as strange. Years pass and now Swetini is requesting the children of Crome to aide him in finding a special ingredient, a drop of sunshine from the end of a rainbow, for his latest creation. A contest will even be made of it, with a wonderful prize for whoever finds the ingredient first. But who's to say it isn't without consequences?

Is Swetini's candy really magic? Is he actually a powerful wizard from another world? Or is he a fake? What happened to all of his previous apprentices? All these answers seem to hide within Swetini's Shop of Sweets. So come inside, one and all, into a magical world full of gumdrops and sugar fairies as well as dark forces and hidden conspiracies. Who knows, you may be surprised by what you find, in the wondrous world of Candyland.

So What's With the Candy-filled RP?:

To put it simply this RP is based on literature and movies with the Voyage and Return plot (i.e. Alice In Wonderland, The Labyrinth, Chronicles of Narnia, etc.), and more importantly is based entirely upon the famous board game, "Candyland". You can also expect many references to children's literature and some nursery rhymes or fairy tales. This is an attempt at a more dream-like RP where you aren't going to be playing as adults, but as children (which is from what I've seen is a difficult thing to do, but I'm sure you all will be able to do it). I want people to have fun with this RP and get in touch with the child inside them, and as you can see the plot is fairly simple. You just got to fetch a drop of sunshine! That's it! But keep in mind this journey will be a competition. So keep an eye out for obstacles, and don't linger too long, heck you can have pre-RP alliances if you like (this takes place in a small, fictional town in Pennsylvania after all, and most characters would've known or at least have heard of each other from school). Just remember to have fun!

Rules:

Before I go into the details of the RP, I have some ground rules (oh, don't look at me like that).

1) No Flaming/Be Nice (Even though your character will be an immature child I don't expect you to act like one OOC. If you see any mistakes in someone else's post, kindly point them out. Please don't start any flame wars, otherwise I'll have to bring down the hammer, which I really don't want to do.)
2) No God-modding (I know this it’s pretty much impossible with children as the characters, but you can still attempt to control the actions of other characters, which is a big no-no in my book.)
3) No Ping-ponging (I've been there, and trust me I understand that sometimes you can get carried away, especially with sudden boosts of inspiration, but please keep in mind the different time zones of other players. They wouldn't want to wake up to this gigantic ping-pong session between two or more players and honestly I don't either.)
4) If you'll be inactive for more than two weeks, please inform the GM. (I'm actually pretty lenient with inactivity, but after two weeks I'm going to want to know what's up with the lack of posts. If you're having internet problems you can at least inform a friend from snafu so they could tell me the situation. You don't have to go into detail if it's personal. Just give me some sort of heads up so I can put your character on hold until you get back.)
5) Have fun.(This one is a no-brainer. Honestly guys, I want you all to enjoy this. Try not to be a sourpuss ;D)

CS:

Name:

Age: (8-12 is the preferred age range. If you must have a teenaged character make sure he/she has an active imagination since imagination will play a key role in this RP.)

Gender: (You really shouldn't mess this one up. Also, I don't want to see too many Lollis, just a heads up.)

*Relationship With Other Characters: (Optional. If you want to have a close relationship with someone else's character, I'm okay with that. Just make sure you PM me about the details, as well as have a talk with the player whose character you want yours to have a personal relationship. It can be anything from best friend to family, or maybe a friendly rivalry. Just remember, this will be used against you throughout the story, and will guarantee tough situations for your character as well as the character your character shares a relationship with. If you want, you can even have some sort of backstory to it. Just remember, I would very much like the details, and if the relationship has to be kept secret I'm fine with that too.)

Appearance: (Please have some common sense when typing this one out. These characters are kids, which means some of them are either just starting to go through puberty or haven't gone through it yet --usually this is the age where most girls began going through puberty, boys start going through puberty around their pre-teens or early teenage years--. Also, keep in mind individual features that might stand out for your character. I'd like to see detail so that if I feel compared to draw people's characters I would be able to draw yours. If you really need to have a picture to go along with your description, go right ahead. But that doesn't exempt you from writing a description for it. So yeah, be reasonable, and give detail. Much thanks! Here's a very useful website provided by Archrival for the average height and weight according to gender and age in case you may need it: http://www.medindia.net/patients/calcul ... ildren.asp)

Personality: (How does your character act? I don't really require as much detail on this as the appearance description since personality is bound to change throughout the story, and I don't want to push you too much. Just do us all a favor and don't make your character too flat, or perfect. All characters must have their flaws (otherwise they would be uninteresting and unoriginal), so keep that in mind. And remember, I like diversity.)

Quirks: (What makes your character different from everybody else? I can't wait what sort of little quirks that you come up with. Also, please include your character's favorite food. Why? Because food will be one of the key themes of Candyland. Otherwise, go wild.)

*Talents/Skills: (Purely Optional. If you feel your character may have some hidden skills or talents that may be of some assist to the group this is where you would list them. After all, there must be something your character likes to brag about at school or at home. Have fun with this, and who knows? Maybe you'll be using these to save everyone else's butts at some point in the Rp. And it doesn't have to be the usual talents and skills. List some unusual ones too! Like I said before, have fun with this!)

Dreams: (What does your character dream about at night? What does he or she want to do when they group up? What do they want to achieve? Do they want to achieve anything? If they have any personal heroes, what are they? The dreams don't have to be realistic if you don't want them to be. Your character's personal dreams may as well be something that can't be achieved realistically. Maybe they could only be achieved in some sort of magical world, such as the desire to grow wings and fly. Expect your character to be tempted with this dream, and expect it to be a main source of character development. The chance of your character maturing depends very much on this, so keep in mind its high importance.)

*Theme: (Optional, and just for fun. Everyone knows that every character needs their very own theme song.)

Accepted Characters:

Eternal Rain----Aera "Air" Maybelle Hawthorne
Archrival----Billy O'shane (Picture by sam4books)
Tragedy_and_Comedy----Kathleen (Katydid) Mason (Picture by sam4books)
Keiran----Sin and Hell (Picture by sam4books)
Gigafist----Lucas Simms
MQuinny1234----Christopher Quinn
Doctress Who----Lily
CrystalynnJade----Brina Anderson (Picture by CrystalynnJade)
CottonTail----Jillian (Jilli-bean) Vannon
Mellow----Flair "Stretch" Freene
TheLivingCouch----Ren P. Phylox

Pending/Needs Work:

Ookami - 13----Ookami Ringo/Ryuu Ringo

Idle:
Last edited by sam4books on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Re: The Candy Shop OCC----Let's get this show on the road!

Postby Eternal Rain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:32 pm

I'll have a sheet up soon o3o This reminds me of Willy Wonka xD
Stufflikehearts: Wow, spam is being nice o.o
Tragedy_and_Comedy: Rainy, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Jasthn: I'm beginning to like Eternal Rain. :D
Jasthn: You are quickly becoming my bestest friend.
Garethcool: pwnt. like. a. newb.
Leopardess: Awesomesauce, good job! :D -hugs and tosses confetti about-
IamAlphaGeek: Wootz! My neck wont have brooses!!! For now at any rate!

Postby sam4books » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:33 pm

Exactly ;D Originally the main theme was to be "The Candy Man Can", but I decided that was too obvious. I await your CS with anticipation.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Eternal Rain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:10 pm

CS: A few edits to Relationships, still the same Air

Name: Aera "Air" Maybelle Hawthorne

*Relationship With Other Characters: Aera is a very hyper person, barely anyone DOESN'T know about her, she loves children so she spends time with the kids from age six to age ten the most, though that doesn't mean those are the only people she plays with, she spends time with just about anyone, her favorite thing to do is bring smiles to people so that's what she tries to do on a daily basis.

Katydid: Area is very motherly towards Katydid, probably more so than any of the other kids. She's always encouraging the girl to do her best at everything and to have fun, while supporting anything she decides to do. Aera loves to listen to Katydid sing, and feels special that she's the only person over 11 that the girl will sing to. When she sees Katydid's report card, she praises the good grades, while encouraging the younger girl to work harder if there are any grades Katydid doesn't like personally and brings the girl to get chocolate ice cream with the promise of the younger doing the best she can to bring her grades up.

Appearance: Aera has short, jet black hair that falls to just under her chin and spikes at the bottom naturally. Her height is around 5'4", and her figure is curvy for her age. Her skin is a porcelain pale, even though she spends her time out in the sun, she doesn't seem to ever get a tan. Her eyes are a deep shade or blue, with a green and orange swirl around the pupils, she often gets praise for her eyes. She weights around 125 pounds, even though she loves to eat, she is every store's favorite taste tester.

Personality: Aera is a very hyper girl, and imaginative. She is normally bouncing around and happy, always looking for the good thing in people, she can get serious at times, but that quickly turned to her normal self when something shiney is near by and she sees it, when she's done with her serious rant, or when someone says something to get her off track.

She loves to dress up when she can, and play house. Though she's a teen, her heart is one of a child, and she wouldn't want it any other way. She doesn't let peoples negative comments get her down, but she still listens to them, to see if they're true or not. If they are she'll work to change that, not because she wants to be accepted, but it's something she thinks she should change to better herself.

Quirks: Area is like a mother to kids 12 and under, cheering them on and getting worried when something happens. She tried to be the person anyone can trust with a secret, but she doesn't push people to tell her anything. She prefers to let people trust her enough to let her know what's going on. Her favorite foods are anything in a noodle shape, chocolate, or Lollipops(stupid Lol emote >.>), she can't seem to pick between those.

*Talents/Skills: Being a good judge of character, she knows when to be cautious around people, she's always cautious around people 17 and older, unless they are good all around. She also gets a feeling if someone she knows is in trouble, it's nothing more than that, just a feelings, it's sometimes wrong.

Dreams: When she's asleep at night, Aera dreams about bringing happiness everywhere she goes. While others want to be super heroes or professional sports players, her dream is simple and easy to gain for her, though she would also like to work at a day care that she opens. Aera's hero is her mother, rest her soul, that raised her and her older sister until Aera was twelve, when she died of cancer.

*Theme: Most used theme: "Candy Kisses"- Warren Bennett
When she's mad: "Candy Kiss"- The Creepshow
Other/Just for fun: "I Want Candy"- Bow Wow Wow // "Fruits Candy" - Cardcaptor Sakura OST 4
Last edited by Eternal Rain on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Eternal Rain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:15 pm

I added ONE more song xD

Postby Archrival » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Finished.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Billy O'shane A.K.A Super-Billy.

*Relationship With Other Characters: Billy is best friends with Lucas. Even though Lucas is a lot older than Billy (well three years but to a child that's like 6 years to them) but the two have become rather close. It all began when Billy was having trouble trying to tell some of the other kids but they couldn't understand what he was trying to aim at as he'd only been there a few days, but Lucas seemed to know exactly what he was saying and Billy has never forgotten that and knows that if he ever gets stuck he can count on Lucas to get him outta trouble and vice versa. The two coincidentally had costumes which made them even closer as they would play costume games and have fun in their little make-believe world.

Appearance: Billy stands, well slouches at 4ft 0", he's rather slender though at 55lbs which is 4 stone. Billy has short blonde hair with a very long classic bowl cut fringe which covers his eyes like one of his favourite cartoon characters. (Sam Sheepdog) This appearance gives him and almost blind look but he can see clear as day after being used to this haircut for ages.
If he ever does peel his hair back to see you'll notice he has dark red eyes which is very unusual giving him and almost albino look to him which he definately is not. Billy has an obsession with all things heroic, mainly those that can run really fast which he tries to immitate. He even has his own costume which is simply one his mum bought him from a costume shop but it was custom made by the shop for him. (Flash)
His costume is basically a version of this but without the mask section and in White as the main colour and Black as the boot and stripe colour, plus a B as the logo on his chest. Billy loves this costume to bits but you can clearly see it well worn in places but it still looks quite good when he's running about in it.

Personality: Billy doesn't talk that often, he merely just points or gestures and everyone seems to get what he's saying, the only time he ever says words is if he's ever running in which he'll only say the words "Zoom Zoom!" and even those are said rarely.

Quirks: Apart from his not talking, Billy loves lemon, anything and and everything lemon flavoured such Bon-bons or Merangue, but he doesn't like the fruit as most kids don't with it being way too sour for his candy addled tastebuds.

*Talents/Skills: Billy actually quite clever behind the dumb, blind and running around qualities, he understands situations at an almost teen to pre-adult level, if he spots a trap be it a sign saying "Free candy" he won't fall for it even if dragged that way by his fooled friends, he'd just sit down on the spot with his legs out wide and his hands crossed shaking his head furiously. Billy is very fast, with nature of heroic obsession he would have to be sepnding all his time running about the place like a crazed maniac, he even once outran a security guard at a local shopping mall when he had evaded the sight of his mum.

Dreams: Billy wants to be a superhero obviously! He loves the Flash and Batman, but he also loves general cartoons such as Looney Toons and Hanna Barbera, he loves the general wackiness and over the top zany slapstick style violence that comes with them, his main favourites are Secret Squirrel and Wile E./Road Runner.

*Theme: Nananana Batman!
Last edited by Archrival on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby sam4books » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:23 pm

@Rain: Even though I wasn't really expecting any teenagers with the prefered age and all, this character sheet just saved itself with the fact that the teen seems to be a child at heart AND seems to be perfect for the motherly figure role (the good judge of character skill is a nice touch). I'd have to say she's accepted. I love the description of the eyes by the way, it adds to the fact she's hyper :)

However, there will be NO other teenagers beyond Rain's CS. Purely because we now have a role of a motherly figure, which was all I needed.

@Arch: Awesome, we've got a Billy!
In passing

Postby Eternal Rain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm

I was trying to make her as child like as I could, I've tried making a child RPC once.... She ended up being REALLY smart and cocky xD And so I was making her child like and she ended up having a motherly side too xD

Postby sam4books » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, she will be a very useful source of comfort amongst the madness, and that's important. Welcome to the gang Rain :)
In passing

Postby Eternal Rain » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm

Yaaaay :3

Postby Keiran » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 am

I'll have one up soon.

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:30 am

Me too.

--Edit: Ta-da!--

Name: Kathleen (Katydid) Mason (Kei's either gonna laugh at me or get mad at this.)

*Relationship With Other Characters: If they're four + years older than her she sees them as a adult/parental figure she has to please. Anyone 11 - is fair game for competition.

Air: She sees a definite mother in Air. She's always bringing her tests or report cards to her for her aproval. Air's also the only "adult" (12 +) that she'll sing around.

Appearance: Short for an 8 year old at 3'9" Katydid has bright red hair and bright green eyes. She wears a long sleeved fitted black shirt, loose black slacks and a blue jean jacket.

Personality: She an intelligent inqusitive little girl with a heck of a temper. She is highly competive and has a bit of an inferiority complex. She also enjoys studying and is always reading something.

Quirks: Prefers fantasy books and often would prefer to be in another world. She is always either chewing gum or eating chocolate. She is a big fan of musicals and likes singing along, as long as her parents aren't there as they deem it "A waste of time."

*Talents/Skills: Speed reading. She can read a 600 page book in three hours and always has two or three books she reading at the moment.

Dreams: She wants to be the best, to be "perfect," so her parents will notice her, love her. Her older sister is a famous doctor, mild mannered and gentle, her older brother a lawyer, passionate towards his work and sturdy. With these two as older siblings who wouldn't have an inferiority complex.

*Theme: Anything You Can Do - Annie Get Your Gun
Last edited by Tragedy_and_Comedy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby sam4books » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:24 am

A bookworm with a temper eh? And she sings too! Oh, there's so many detours Katydid could get lost on! It's a good thing she's competative huh?

When I recieve the relationship bit I'll decide whether you'll be accepted or not, but I love it so far ;D
In passing

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:30 am

So can the kids have borderline superpowers? How powerful can the 'Talents/Skills' be?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Unlimited » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 am

Does our CS's have to be...simple and short to understand?
Memento mori

Postby Tuor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:34 am

I don;t think sam4books is going to be one to not accept long character sheets.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby sam4books » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 am

@Digi: As long as I can invision the appearance of your character and come up with some situations for your character to face I'm okay with whatever you dish out. However the more detail the better so if you make a long CS that's okay too.

@Tuor: No powers, just normal skills and talents that any human being can have. Your dreams will be covering the whole superpower idea, but you won't actually have it unless you are tempted and give into the temptation.
In passing

Postby Archrival » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:45 pm

http://www.medindia.net/patients/calcul ... ildren.asp
Perfect website for height to weight ratio's in school children age. Me being a teen I do not remember my child weight or height.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Unlimited » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:21 pm

sam4books wrote:@Digi: As long as I can invision the appearance of your character and come up with some situations for your character to face I'm okay with whatever you dish out. However the more detail the better so if you make a long CS that's okay too.

Okay.

Archrival wrote:http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/height_weight_forchildren.asp
Perfect website for height to weight ratio's in school children age. Me being a teen I do not remember my child weight or height.

..........That's very useful.
Memento mori

Postby sam4books » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Archrival wrote:http://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/height_weight_forchildren.asp

Wow, a very useful website indeed :) I shall add it to the CS for reference.
In passing

Postby Archrival » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Oh and my CS updated.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby sam4books » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm

I love him ^_^ He's so adorable with his little heroic costume and I love that hairdo! I also love the fact he says "Zoom Zoom!" rather than actually communicate, it's a perfect catchphrase for the little guy!

Super Billy is accepted.
In passing

Postby Eternal Rain » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:39 pm

Tragedy_and_Comedy wrote:(Note to self: Talk to Rainy)

o3o I t'was mentioned

Postby Tragedy_and_Comedy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:38 pm

I'll PM you
You... you really don't get it... do you? I... I love him... I'd die with him. Or for him. That's what you do... how you feel when you love someone. - Impulse

Postby Eternal Rain » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Mkaaay

Next

Return to Role Playing