LI Closed

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Lunatic Inc. OOC:Sign-ups temporarily re-open

Postby Musicmac » Fri May 21, 2010 9:32 am

I have this feeling that Doctress is going to make a weak girl character with an uncontrollable power of sorts.
Listen.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 21, 2010 10:22 am

Haha, you've only seen me in one other Rp.
And nope, not using Kerra again.

Instead, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Doctor Who-based character... I've recently been watching some Tom Baker episodes, and I think I've got an idea :D
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Tuor » Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 am

Almost done, hmm…
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Musicmac » Fri May 21, 2010 11:03 am

@Doctress Who: But Kerra's so friggin awesome. D:
Listen.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 21, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah. But if I add her in another Rp, I'm going to get confused.
Maybe...I don't know. Are we allowed to make two characters, or is it just the one?
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Bolts » Fri May 21, 2010 11:40 am

I think Madness said the max was two but if I recall you have to earn the right to use a second one via frequent posting.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

I see. In that case, if I'm allowed to I'll have one main one, and my character Kerra as a secondary one.
I'll write up two CS's, and if Kerra gets used then she gets used, if not...then oh well.
Time Lady

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Hm. I think I would like to condense this into an actual story... when I get around to it, of course. I dunno whose perspective I would do it under, since it's not really my story, but...
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby sam4books » Fri May 21, 2010 7:11 pm

How about putting it under Kallis's perspective? You know, since he's been pretty much serving as the narrator of the story thus far.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Rough Giraffe » Fri May 21, 2010 10:43 pm

I guess so. But then, for the huge battle sequence, I would have to shift perspective away from him; after all, he didn't do anything. lol
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Diirva » Fri May 21, 2010 11:38 pm

Um, wait. What exactly are you trying to do there with Selphia, Kemious? You said that she followed the anger to its source in the mess hall, but Arca's not in the mess hall anymore.

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:08 am

Diirva wrote:Um, wait. What exactly are you trying to do there with Selphia, Kemious? You said that she followed the anger to its source in the mess hall, but Arca's not in the mess hall anymore.

Well I think he assumed, since you character isn't in the mess hall, she should be close enough to it.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Akaine » Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 am

Aaand, in Kemious's defense, there are a lot of angry people in the mess hall. Just sayin'.
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 22, 2010 12:26 am

I'm just going to sit and eat my porridge quietly while you guys risk your lives going against a bunch of death tentacles.
Listen.

Postby Bolts » Sat May 22, 2010 12:27 am

You could also argue that Arca's emotions read differently due to insanity. :?:

Postby Akaine » Sat May 22, 2010 12:28 am

Haha Balaika's watching the show, and Isarabi's fuming in the emo corner. Fun fun fun
Doctress Who-CURSE YOU AKAINE AND FENIX. *Shakes fist*
Musicmac-INNUENDO... STRIKE!
Innuendo Squad Leader
Dare to join?
Innuendo King

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:49 am

@Sam: By the way, good choice of words. Considering what I have planned.
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Keiran » Sat May 22, 2010 1:29 am

Name: Harrison "Rhys" Wallace

Race: Human

Physical Description: Rhys is 6'1" and is very well muscled. His skin is lightly tanned and rittled with burn scars. His eyes are a burning orange, the mark of an experienced Metal Warper: his eyes turning the colour of his embers. His hair is perpetually messy and shoulder-length, the colour of acorn tops until you get to an inch from the bottom where it is the same color as his eyes.

Equipment: Rhys wears classically cut black jeans and a pair of black steel-toed boots. He often wears t-shirts with the titles of musicals on it such as RENT, Wicked and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. He also always carries a steel sphere the size of his two large hands side-by-side.

Theme Song: Childhood Cruel by Wolfsheim

Powers: Metal Warping: Rhys can change the metal that he touches but only physically he cannot change the metal's composition.

Iron Blood: When touching a being that contains a metal within their body, Rhys can take control of their body, often he uses this to use enemies as a human shield.

Skills: Magically warps metal, including welding pieces together and weapon creation.
Incredibly strong from forging by hand.
Slightly above average intelligence.

Title: Warp Weilder

History: When Rhys was four, he found out he was a metal warper, a minor wizard who could control metal. The first thing he had made was a simple steel chain with a reversed triangle pendant, and his parents were very please as metal warpers were very valuable on their planet. Quickly, he learned to do many great things with his metal-based power and was a decent worker, not the best perhaps, but he was adept. He didn't know why but he kept the pendant hiding it from his parents who wanted to throw it out as he could make things that were much better. He felt that the pendant would be important. And he was right.

When Rhys was eight, his baby brother, Demitri,was born. Immediately, Rhys knew he had to protect his baby brother. He ran to town with all the money he gained over the four years and the triangle pendant he had made. He paid a great Magician to put the strongest protection spell he knew on the pendant and then Rhys placed it around his baby brother's neck, his special perfect baby brother. Soon, he found out there was even greater news, his beautiful raven-haired brother was a Fallen Angel, one of God's angels that was mercifully sent to earth and plagued with the never-ending bleeding, a hemophilliac. Rhys loved his brother and protected him with everything and as such Demitri loved him back just as much.

When Rhys was thirteen he heard his parents talking one night and was frightened by what he learned. His parents were planning to sell his beloved Demitri to Lord Byron, the owner of the village known for his cruelty and temper. Rhys could not allow that, that man would make his baby brother suffer and he would break his Fallen Angel. So he decided he had to release him from this fate. But how? The only way he could think of was to... to kill his beautiful green-eyed angel. It was the only way... the only way.

The very next day Rhys packed all his things and all the money he had made. There was no need to stay at this shit-hole planet when his brother wouldn't be here. He picked up the bag and his five year old, he couldn't bring the child with him off the planet, due to his bleeding he would die on the shuttle, most likely from a nosebleed, and only if the pilots didn't notice the tattoo that all Fallen Angels were required to get. He brought his brother to a large field and put the tiny pale child down. The boy looked up at him with his knowing pale-green eyes. Demitri knew.

Rhys sat and pulled the tiny five year old into his lap. "I'm doing this b'cause I love you, ya know that right?" he asked the child, his at the time blue eyes meeting the boy's large green ones. The child nodded and began to sing as his older brother made a knife out of a small metal block. Demitri kissed his brother's palm and took off the pendant his brother gave him and placed it around Rhys' neck still singing softly, "Live in my house,/I'll be your shelter,/Just pay me back/WIth one thousand kisses/Be my lover/and I'll cover you/Open your door,/I'll be your tenant/Don't got much baggage to lay at your feet/But sweet kisses I've got to spare/I'll be there and I'll cover you/I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love/Now I know you can rent it/A new lease you are my love, on life/Be my life" With his brother's words ringing in his ears, his gently sliced his brother's wrist, the expertly sharpened blade causing the child no pain.

At that moment, Rhys mind broke, causing mild schizophrenia. He heard a voice in his head, his beloved Demitri's voice, often singing songs from musicals. Rhys left the planent and worked on a large one as a metal-smith earning the title Warp Weilder. But his brother's voice urged him to do more to help people, sometimes he could ignore it, him, but sometimes he couldn't. Fourteen years after his brother's death, Rhys could not resist and urging from his brother's voice. Rhys told him to try to join Lunatic Inc when he saw one of their flyer. So he decided to try, touching Demitri's triangle pendant as he went.

Mad, may I use this character as well?
Last edited by Keiran on Sat May 22, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 22, 2010 1:51 am

Harrison sounds awesome.
Listen.

Postby TheMaddness » Sat May 22, 2010 1:59 am

-Sigh- No.

New Rule. No secondary characters or switching until at least Track 3

Edits!: Oh, and for you people Still making characters, just in case it's unclear, For the purposes of Race/Background, etc, Your choices for you characters are really almost anything goes. If you wanted to use a species/race/occupation from a certain series or game or show, as long as it's not breaking cannon or clashing with the RP setting, and you can adequately explain it, it should be acceptable. Staying away from specific in cannon characters of course.
Last edited by TheMaddness on Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 22, 2010 2:17 am

D:, no schizophrenic metal bender? Too bad.
Listen.

Postby Keiran » Sat May 22, 2010 3:24 am

Maybe later, if he's accepted then. He'd be so cool to play. Do you want me to take it down and put it up again at the appropriate time Mad?

Postby Musicmac » Sat May 22, 2010 3:35 am

I think I should explain a little of the RHG that Jake keeps mentioning about to you guys. The RHG is actually a sort of arena competition between flash animators galore.
When the competition begins like it does annually, everyone is given challengers and works their way up through a ladder of more than 50 people or more.
The one who sits on top is actually the character Jake is based on, FLLFFL (Translates to Alfa). In the ladder are actually a bunch of people who resemble the character syou're all using. There's Terentula, tentacles. Drift, electrical scythe. Stone, physics manipulator and mind bender. AND MUCH MUCH MORE.
Listen.

Postby Diirva » Sat May 22, 2010 3:36 am

Keiran wrote:Iron Blood: When touching a being that contains a metal within their body, Rhys can take control of their body, often he uses this to use enemies as a human shield.

I'd just like to say that I don't like this ability. At all. It reeks of powerplaying.
Last edited by Diirva on Sat May 22, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing