Forever Endless: Fabella (IC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Forever Endless: Fabella (IC)

Postby Jasthn » Mon May 03, 2010 6:11 pm

{Harbor} -Waiting for a boat.

“I think I… Yeah, that’s her. I see my sister up ahead.” Jazz focused his eyes, spotting Jessica in the distance. She too, was watching Sylvanas and himself, as they approached slowly.

Finally arriving to Jessica, she stood above a set of stairs, only about twelve steps. “How long did we keep you waiting?”

Not long, only five minutes at the most. It seems like you two got into some trouble on the way though, what happened?” Jessica walked down the steps as her hand brushed the building next to her. She picked up Sylvanas from the other side, guiding her up the stairs.

“It seems like Sylvanas and I aren’t cut out to be Mario or Luigi.”

What?

“Sylvanas accidentally fell down some pipes or something a little bit back there, and was thrown up, and onto the ground.”

And you?

“I think you can tell by looking. I went after her. I was thrown up, and landed on the beach.” Jazz couldn’t help but laugh. He gave a weak laugh guided at himself. Te two reached the top of the stairs, and the tri sat down on a nearby bench in front of the harbor.

My brother, my brother.” Jessica giggled. I still have those painkillers, and blood bags Sylvanas. By the looks of it, you could use some new ones, right?
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 pm

---MIR/ Uh oh---

The large robot could not help but laugh at Black One's response. A dry mocking laugh,

"Ha ha ha ha. You're right I don't need you, but if worse comes to worst it will be you who'll be needing me. But I've detected the weather may not agree with me. You human's don't have to deal with lightning like I do. . ."

"But I can see you eying the gato girl. Just for your information, she's mine understand?"

MIR took a scan of his surroundings, all while keeping tabs on every in the area.
The water had began to lap at MIR's treads in the once dry canal he had been siting in. Already the canal over was full of enough water for it to resemble a river. MIR drove up the embankment. The wind had been steady, but MIR heard thunder in the distance. Not good for the robot.

As MIR hurriedly drove farther away from the center. The sky was lit up briefly. MIR's entire silhouette shown in the brief flash of light. MIR's cloaking only functioned to maximum proficiency in stable environs. When it was thundering (end especially lightning) the cloaking system could not catch up with the quick flashed of light.

Especially in open ground.

MIR silently cursed his attention span. He had been so focused on everyone that he had forgotten about the weather.

Another flash of lightning lit the sky. MIR's silhouette was once again shown for all to see. Hopefully the last incrementing bit of hard evidence MIR was there. As he drove up the embankments (and closer to Chris and Mystara) MIR settled into an abandoned building's alley. It had not been that big of a deal, for MIR was now safe in the small ro-

There was a loud crack as one of MIR's wheel's hit a wooden beam. The crack had been the ancient weak beam giving out as on of MIR's tire tracks made contact with it. What followed was even more bad luck on the robot's part.

An entire section of the roof gave away in the building MIR had just run into. The roof collapsed, not in on itself, not towards MIR. But towards the neighboring building. Directly opposite the direction Target Chris and Mystara were facing. The entire roof section collapsed into a neat heap at the foot of the two, who would of no doubt looked up to see the ruckus.

If MIR could of prayed he would of done so at that point. Sadly MIR's robot hopes were crushed out.

A spray of lightning lit up the night sky. And for a brief moment, through the hole, trough the rain and wind that now blew through the opening. Stood the silhouette of MIR.
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 04, 2010 8:28 am

Mystara Hallow

Just as she finished speaking, the lightning outside briefly caught her attention. Mystara’s eyes flicked to the window, as there was another flash of lightning. She gazed there for a second, distracted, as if she had seen something. Then she shook her head.

“Sorry,” she said to Chris, who was probably wondering what she was staring at, “I thought I saw…doesn’t matter.” She turned away, dismissing it, but then a sharp noise made her flinch. Instinctively she grabbed Chris and pulled him and herself back, as part of the roof of a nearby building came toppling towards them, and fell not too far away from where they had been standing.

The young gato stared, as another flash of lightning revealed a familiar shape. Someone she hadn’t expected to see again so soon.

“MIR...?” Mystara uttered, the surprise clear in her voice. “…What are you doing here?”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue May 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Chris tensed up and went rigid as Mystara pulled him away, his tail shooting straight out beneath his cloak and moving erratically around in little circles and shapes. He turned and stared in mild surprise as the roof landed near them before grimacing and calming down slightly. He shuddered once, slowly raised his hands. gently pulled Mystara's off him and stepped back away from her, preferring to keep his his distance. He checked his less secure pockets quickly and then the others before relaxing again, his tail relaxing and going limp behind his cloak. He checked himself and fell back into his origanal state and asked quietly, and curiously Who is Mir? before turning to look out at the hole. He stared, glared and sniffed the air, his tongue darting in and out and then he frowned and bent his legs and arms slightly, keeping them loose and ready. You were followed? he asked Mystara quietly as he put his hands to his hips and drew out his pistols, he bagan to flicker slightly and then quickly added in a dark and dangerously calm tone. Who knows you're here, why would anyone follow you, who are you and what have you done? Not in that order, in the order which you believe is most relevant right now, and in case I didn't ask, what is Mir?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Tue May 04, 2010 3:23 pm

“Uh…” Mystara was caught off guard by the string of questions, “well…you followed me, didn’t you?” the girl replied hurriedly and quietly, her voice barely above a whisper. “If you saw me, anyone else could have seen me too. And no, I’m no one and I haven’t done anything. At least, I don’t think so.”

“But MIR…he’s a giant Empire instrument who I met not that long ago,” Mystara explained, keeping her voice low and level. “But it’s ok, really, he’s a friend…sort of. He helped me. And you might as well put away those pistols; they’re not going to be of much use. What I don’t understand is why he’s here. I thought he was on some sort of mission…”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 pm

A mission...and he's with the empire, that can't be good. Chris looked at the pistols and shrugged. Probably, but I feel better with them anyway, besides, I could always get lucky and they have...certain...attachments, and I didn't follow you, at least not for very far, just when I saw you climb through the window. Now, this MIR fellow. Chris edged closer to Mystara and leaned sideways to her.

Just...how dangerous would he be, and if the answer is bad, how fast is he?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Slipslash » Tue May 04, 2010 4:58 pm

---MIR/Out or In---

"I am very, very dangerous Targ-Chris and I'm also very, very fast." A booming voice answered from out of the darkness. There was a deathly pause as MIR waited for the correct time to recognize Mystara and dissolve all the ice in the air.

"Oh, Mystara what a pleasure it is to see you again!"

The robot paused for a second. A second before the cloaking system went down and MIR's form was shown in all its glory.

"No worries mates. You see as a robot I have to be weary of lightning which is pretty bad to a robot. I was just in the area and happened to see Mystara crossing the roof. I could not help but eavesdrop in on you two, considering I met Mystara not a few hours ago. Now I know it may seem suspicious to be seeing me here, but I have reason to be here I assure you. You see my mission here is to provide support for someone in the area. An assassination mission, your friend would know about this mission, he's already met the women heading it."

MIR said indicating Chris's prior engagement with Sylvanas.

"Well Miss Hallow, I couldn't help but over-hear Chris's proposition there. If you'd like to come on down with us we can show you just how justice is dished out by the empire, ha ha ha!."

While no one could tell it, MIR was attempting to make Mystara leave by making her disgusted with the one thing she hated. Which was also why had had "forgotten" to mention his secondary objective: to kill Chris. Even at the sacrifice of MIR's relationship with Mystara MIR was actually quite sad that he had to do what must be done.

"Heh heh heh, just wait till you see the look on those terrorists faces when a bullet hits it. I mean it shouldn't be too bad, we're even using some of the munitions supplied by that business fellow next to you. We couldn't have done it with out you old boy! Or should I say new? Ahhh well it doesn't matter. Getting terrorists munitions to shoot at the actual terrorists is always nice, makes everyone think it's not us doing the shooting!"

"But enough talk, you two can go watch. I'll be here, I have my own eyes which can see all the more clearer. . .ha ha ha ha!"

Postby Kougaiji+Sesshomaru » Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 pm

Julius--Gia Panta

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'First, you must venture into nothingness. Rely on instinct...for many a secrets are hidden cleverly within the darkness. You will encounter a rock that can walk. You shall spiral downward, deeper into the earth. Where there should be nothing but dirt, you will see something of our creation. and then, a metal beast shall block your path. At that moment you must be in the state of being. Turn, turn, turn you must do in your views. To repent is your only passage to safety. Beware of leaving a trail. If you do, all of the resistance will die.'
'Thank you, Yaga. I know how much it must pain you to aid me like this.'
'Not at all child. I had feared you come to me, querying of your kin...I am glad you did not waste your only chance.'
'....Yes...you're right and I am also glad...I must leave, the children are impatient. May the Goddess watch over you.'
No child, may she be and watch over you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julius remembered his meeting with the old woman and her warnings. She was not allowed to talk about the Indolentia directly but her clues where enough to give the elf some type of hint at to where he should have been heading. Far off into the distance the sound of a building tumbling to the ground caught not only his but everyone else's attention within the city. He snapped his fingers, pointing to a dark alleyway as a signal before vanishing. Bijaksana and Damien attempted to move as quickly as him but Julius had experience and natural born powers to manipulate shadows.

When they reached the alleyway, Julius was already hugging the wall like he had run into it. His hands moved against the hard stone slowly as if he were caressing a woman and the two gatos stared at him slightly confused at what he was doing. Had he finally lost his marbles? No, they both deducted. It would take more than losing his marbles to make Julius seem even in the slightest crazy.

As he shimmied against the wall, testing each stone with a small press, Julius wondered if he had guessed correctly. Surely when Baba had said 'rock that can walk' she meant a movable stone. Or maybe she is just crazy enough to actually believe rocks can move on their own? Julius shook his head of his wandering thoughts. Yaga isn't that kind of old witch...She's more resourceful than that to belie--Aha!

He stepped back, wiggling a rock out of it's place, triggering a mechanism to open a passage that showed a spiral staircase headed downwards. He waved for the gatos to follow, pushing back the drenched hood he had repositioned on his head merely minutes ago. When all three where inside the door closed behind them, making him note. The door seems to be on some kind of timer...That or there's a camera somewhere around here and someone is letting us in...Quite possibly in hopes we'll get lost....Interesting...

They continued down the path of the stairs before reaching the tiled flooring of the sewer system and a few good meters away, there was a metal door shrouded in darkness. The metal beast.... He thought absently as he moved forward, But how to open it is the question.... He reached the door and touched it. There was no lock or doorknob of any kind. It didn't even look like a door, just a metal slab placed in between the inter-workings of brick and stone. ....Could this possibly be about....It seems a little silly to be using passwords; what is this grammar school? He thought to himself in amusement as he looked around. It didn't seem like any harm could come out of saying something; so he gave it a try.

"Repentance."

There was a long silence, Damien and Bijaksana where standing close to each other, feeling the surrounds with their bodies as the three of them waited for an attack. Then the groan of metal hinges moving and the sight of the metal door opening, allowed them to relax but only slightly. Julius stepped through, surveying the next room, only to find that it was just as empty as the last; a little less vast, but with a door on the other side. This is going to be tedious...I wonder how many doors exactly do I have to go through before reaching the base.... Before he stepped any further to the next door, Julius stopped in his tracks. Bijaksana and Damien moved passed him only to slow and gaze at him curiously. He was staring intently at the door they had just gone through.

"Damien. Go close that door, lock it and make sure it doesn't budge even in the slightest." Without hesitation and a nod of his head, the male gato sprinted towards the door and forced it shut. He heard a clicking noise and tried to open it without touching the handle that was this side of the door. He bound back happily and Julius smiled at him in thanks. "You shall do that for every door we go through, no exceptions, do you understand?"

"Uh huh, yeah sure. Force all the doors closed, got it." He smiled with a fervent nod and Julius pat his back shortly.

"Good boy....Now let's go." They moved on, the further they continued the more and more doors the approached and closed. Julius could feel the annoyance ebbing off of Bijaksana as it seemed they were getting nowhere. Then, finally, they arrived at the largest metal door, any of the three of them had ever seen. It is similar to an entrance but would the password honestly work this time? Hmm....I guess there's no harm in trying.

"Repentance." To Julius' unexpressed surprise, the password did indeed work and the metal bay doors opened just enough to let the three of them inside. Well that was....interesting... They walked into the base and were met with the sight of many soldiers moving around working on different projects and assignments. The doors closed behind the three of them and Julius moved towards a guard.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where you're Commander is at the moment?" He asked politely.
Perhaps you are asking the wrong questions?

Location: Fancy myself a scientist during the day because I've no idea where I am

Postby Doctress Who » Wed May 05, 2010 7:29 am

Mystara Hallow – Perhaps pushed a little too far…

Despite knowing the robot was there, Mystara still jumped when MIR’s voice boomed out of nowhere. She smiled faintly when MIR addressed her.

But that was the last time she smiled.

MIR’s words cut like a knife. In fact his comments hit home much more than the robot could have possibly imagined. It was not so much what MIR said. She knew that the Empire killed people everyday. It was a cold hard fact she had to live with, and she didn’t let herself care so long as it wasn’t her. What affected her most was the way in which MIR had said it. A few choice words, the tone in his voice, and the fact that she heard it from MIR and not some one else. It was almost like torture. At first she tried not to let it get to her, tried not to listen.

However, maybe the robot’s speech had affected her a little more than expected. By the time MIR had finished, the gato girl was staring silently at the floor, almost visibly shaking, and on the verge of tears. Above the sound of her own heartbeat, she thought she could hear the sounds of gunfire, and words echo in her head. Not MIR’s words, but the words of her brother. The last words her brother had ever spoken, before he’d been shot.

“Mystara! Go now! Don’t look back, just run…!”

She closed her eyes, trying to control her breathing. Trying not to let anyone see the torment she was going through. Shutting herself down so no one would know what she was feeling. She wondered, the people they were going to kill: did they have families? People who would miss them? The thought sickened her to the pit of her stomach.

She looked up at Chris, staring at him, and then looked away again, returning her gaze to the floor. She didn’t even acknowledge MIR. Not once. She couldn’t bear to look at him.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

501st Team Black

Black One was trying very hard not to laugh at what had just happened to MIR.

"Well MIR," he said into the microphone in his helmet. "Its as the old saying goes. 'There is always something worst than what we can imagine', and it looks like your there."

He looked up to see Black Two descend from the buildings upper stories, the active camo was also slowly shutting down. It wasn't needed in a building where no one could see them unless they were on the ground floor. Two had placed a fiber optic cord at the top of the building and aimed it at the scene. It provided the images of events that One had sent to MIR, and also showed him what had just happened. The cord could be latched onto a wireless COM unit, and be accessible to any operative within the area that had the proper codes, but this method was unsafe. Anyone could breach the network. So this cord maintained its wired format, linking into Black Two's helmet then transmitting over the COMs to Black One.

Two handed him the cord without a word, and One plugged it into the back of his own helmet. The real time images appeared in the corner of his HUD.

"MIR, it looks as if you said something that nailed the gato pretty hard. It could be that some of her family was killed by the Empire. Which is a similar connection that a lot of gatos have these days," remarked Black One. "I'd be careful about what you say next, and I know. You don't need me telling you this stuff."

One looked over to Two, and got his attention by waving. The two operatives began a conversation with hand signals, instead of COMs. After a brief conversation, The team split. Two disappeared down a shaft that was barely big enough for the armor. This shaft lead down to a series of passages that connected several warehouses together. Two was to check on their "borrowed" airship, and then get closer to the event as possible. One, on the other hand, went the opposite direction and climbed the ladder to the top of the roof. He opened the attach, only to be greeted by a lot of rain. It was really starting to come down now and lighting flashed in the sky with greater intensity, followed by the boom of rolling thunder.

Since it was darker out, the black armor hide much better than before. Allowing One to ease himself closer to the edge. He picked up the sniper rifle left by Two, and worked his way across the various obstacles on the roof. Eventually, he settled for a spot that allowed his armor to fit. The Assault Mk 3 was better than the series two that Vaco was currently using, but had its draw backs. Such as limiting the location of a sniper. The spot that he picked was on the edge of the build, under a small water tower and cramped next to some ventilation ducts. The sniper rifle hung over the edge slightly and through a crack (appearing to be just a pipe), but he was confident that the location, weather, and shadows would hide him well enough from the pair.

He set the sights on Chris. Ready to eliminate him should the need arise.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slipslash » Wed May 05, 2010 8:25 pm

---MIR---

"I know what it looks like, but I can't have this Gato see what we're doing here. She'd thank me if she understood why I'm doing this. Don't misunderstand it's not like I have a conscious about killing someone in front of a little girl. But. . .Heh heh heh, I've already got her little recipe for that explosive she has with her. It's sitting in Undead Jack's office computer. But of course she doesn't know this. Still it would be better she go off an away from here. She's not the type to take any side in our fight."

MIR said directly into the radio channel so no one but the 501'st could hear him.

"And I also see you have your eyes on the terrorist. He's also mine. Just focus on your own mission. . .but if I have permission to fire (I just thought it'd jeopardize your mission somehow)"

Meanwhile while MIR talked directly over radio he also talked to the two in the warehouse.
"Oh come on Mystara. I understand how your brother was killed in a shoot-out between a gang, but that is in no way connected to what we're doing here. Whether you like it or not it's my job to kill people."

"I can't get around that. Oh sure I can sugar coat it, but that would be five times worse then what I'm telling you now."

"Do I like killing? No, but I treat it the same way someone would their work. It's what I do. Especially when I look like "this""

"So unless your willing to take a step into the real world I'd suggest you leave. I'd hold nothing against you. Why do you think I left in such a hurry like that? I don't want you to here, not as an enemy. But as a friend."

"Now either go with us. Or get out."

MIR voice had changed. He had originally been cheerful, but the drop would of made it obvious MIR was attempting to make Mystara angry, which is what he had succeeded in doing. MIR wanted Mystara to leave, he acted as if he knew she's go already. MIR thought she would be the type who'd leave if provoked enough. So like someone who "cared to much" MIR had attempted to piss off Mystara away from the mission area. But MIR was a robot, so he couldn't exactly guess just what Mystara had going on in her head, she could say yes for all he knew. . .

MIR stopped and gestured with one of his guns towards Chris.
"And you better go to Sylvanas. We're not done with you yet cat-man."

Postby Doctress Who » Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 am

Mystara Hallow

Mystara looked up sharply at the mention of her brother, tears still blurring her vision. It was like the robot had read her thoughts. She hadn’t told him about Jace. She never spoke a word about it to anyone. How could he have possibly known?

And MIR was right about one thing. She was angry. However she wasn’t just angry at MIR, or the Empire. She was angry at herself. If it had been any other day, maybe she would have just walked away. But it had only been a year since her brother’s death, and the pain from it was still fresh. Especially on this day…

She was more composed now, but her voice still shook with anger. “Oh, I’m fully aware of what the real world is like,” she spat coldly. “I don’t need a lecture on it, least of all from you.” She gave MIR a look, one which needed no words. Then she turned and snatched up her sword. “Goodbye, MIR.”

She turned to Chris, some of the coldness leaving her voice, although it was still present. “Which direction are you headed?”

Mystara didn’t know what she was going to do. All she knew was that she was not going to walk away and leave. Not this time.

She had been running away from everything, ever since her brother died.
And she couldn’t keep running anymore.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 06, 2010 2:45 pm

501st Team Black

Black One sighed over the events, his finger fell from the trigger. The attempt by the robot didn't work, and now the Gato appeared to be coming on the mission. He knew that too many "non-Imperial" factors in a mission lead to... failure. Besides, the Captain could only kill so many people in her condition. The way the Gato reacted somewhat confirmed what Black One already suspected about her, she had lost someone close to her. "How" was a different question and one he didn't care for, but he doubted that she would standby and let Sylvanas pull the trigger.

"Maybe we should invite the news crew next, MIR," he whispered over the COM channel as he retreated from his position. Now he wasn't too sure if he'd get to return back to Team Black's original mission. This Gato added some complexity to the mission now that might force him to stay on hand as Sylvanas' back up. "Two, Rally point Alpha."

Captain Sylvanas.

"That would be a good idea," replied the Captain. She took the items from Jessica and began to restock the blood, and inject another round of meds. "It will be good to get this thing done," remarked Sylvanas as she checked the wounded. It wasn't looking to good as she peeled away the gaze. The wound was bleeding at a faster rate now, but there was little they could do except to seal it up, and give her more drugs and blood.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slipslash » Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm

"We're both headed in the same direction little girl." While he sounded not at all pleased with her decision he secretly was. She was at least attempting to show some sign of growing up. Whether she'd actually learn to accept the futility of morals not even MIR knew. That was one thing exposure to the world did to people. Morality was a lost cause. There was only futility in such causes. And eventually one who followed such paths would grow so frustrated they'd either self-destruct or take a step towards the natural way of things.

MIR knew this because he had been taught by the world's best psychologist: Eli. And Eli had enough experience under his belt (roughly 3000 years) to actually know a hefty amount of info on people.

"Ahhh, she's got to learn how the world works eventually. She's only young. Don't worry if something happens I'll take responsibility for her actions."

MIR paused as he brought her profile back up. Something he had seen but not bothered to look at before. Her brother had a strange mark on his profile even though he was deceased. An experiment label. MIR saw these on a few profiles ever so often, they usually meant the the Empire had used the person as a live guinea pig or had picked up the dead cadaver for experimentation (in-order to avoid public scrutiny and resorting to kidnaping the Empire used cadavers when possible). MIR attempted to view the "experiment" but it appeared to involve top-lever clearance, something even MIR did not have.

"Strange. . ."

the robot said out loud as he waited. That was all MIR could do at this point. He had a nice view of the mission target though. And that was all that mattered.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:18 am

Chris growled under his breath and rubbed the brige of his nose har as he sighed. This is why I hate working with the military and why I stopped going out to meet people, so many conspiracies and plans and traps and variables. He muttered as he glanged at Mir and grumbled again. I don't think I like you that much I'm afraid and I certainly don't trust you at all, in fact, I think I'll just ignore you for now, it seems like the safest thing right now really. Nothing personal. He glanced at Mystara and sighed again before turning to face her. If you want to come with me, you can just follow me, even though I'm not too sure if I want to go anymore. You don't have to get involved with this unless you really want to, and even then I'm not sure if I should let you, it's not like where I'm being told to go by that walking tin can is a safe place. Your brother was killed by the empire, yes?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Mystara Hallow

The gato girl ignored MIR’s condescending comment. She had decided she wasn’t going to speak to him, or look in his direction. In fact, like Chris, she decided it was better to pretend he didn’t exist. At least for now.

“It’s fine.” She told Chris. “Just lead the way. I’ll follow.” She paused. "And yes."

Mystara took a moment before she said anything else. She wasn’t used to talking about her brother’s death. It was a subject she naturally tried to avoid, however she felt Chris deserved an explanation. And she realised it was something she’d been meaning to get off her chest, for a long time.

“…He was shot,” she said quietly. At first her voice was hesitant. “Last year. We weren’t even supposed to be there, we…just got in the way. They didn’t care. None of them stopped. None of them.” Her voice shook with quiet anger. “And we wouldn’t even have been there on the street, if it weren’t for them. They took everything. My brother was all I had left. And then they took him too.” Furiously she blinked back her tears for the final time, hitching up her bag on her shoulder and trying to calm herself again. “Sorry,” she muttered to Chris, staring at the floor. “You don’t need my problems. I’m sure you’ve got your own to be dealing with.” She took a deep breath, “And it’s all past now. He’s dead, and there’s nothing anyone can do to change it. You just…carry on, because you can’t do anything else.” She managed a small faint smile. A very weak and bitter attempt at trying to cheer herself up.

But maybe I can stop it from happening to other people, she thought to herself. Stop any more people from getting killed. I can’t save my brother, but maybe I can save others. They can’t keep doing this. They can’t.
Time Lady

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Chris nodded, his face still quite emotionless. It would have been worse for her. It sounds like loved her brother, thankfully I just liked my family he smile saly as he thought back to them. They were good people, it's a shame they died. Chris put a hand on Mystara's shoulder and hesitated for a moment, and then he said I thought it would be something like that, it normally is for Gatos, seems we're unlucky that way. But I have to ask, for my own curiousity and peace of mind...do you think youur brother would be wanting you to get involved with the Empire or do you just want to stop them yourself before anyone else loses their family?
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Doctress Who » Fri May 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Mystara paused for a brief moment. Although she could pretend MIR wasn't there, she knew he was listening to this. She didn't want to say too much. "Honestly....I think my brother would have hated it, if he knew what I was doing right now," she said quietly, choosing her words carefully. "He wouldn't have wanted me anywhere near all of this. But it's something I need to do." She changed the subject, "And I think we should just concentrate on getting to...wherever it is we're going. Please."
Time Lady

Previous

Return to Role Playing