Forever Endless: Fabella (IC)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Forever Endless: Fabella (IC)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Captain Sylvanas. Water District.

The armored captain showed no emotion to the destruction of the rogue Instrument. Instead she returned the sniper rifle to her back, and manually switched through the COM channels. She froze for a moment as she found the Grim channel who were reporting the events of the fallen robot.

"We need to move, now," she said to Jazz.

Sylvanas switched her COM channel to the 501st Command and relayed the events that just occurred.

"Come on, lets find out what the hell happened to your sister and that cat..."

501st Command Center.

"We don't know of any imperial mechanical units in that vicinity. Most likely a captured unit by the Indolentia or a street gang," replied a officer. "I'll relay this to Central."

The officer toggled off the COM channel and quickly placed this event within the Mission Report. It was unusual to have such an event occur, and no doubt that the Grims will carry it back.

Commander Vaco. "Pulling a Master Chief."

Vaco's hands automatically went to the hand that gripped his neck. His vision was becoming blurred, and red flashes crossed though. He attempted to pry the hands away from his throat, but the tendons in the creatures arms were like bands of solid steel. His vision became fuzzy and narrow, and his windpipe swelled as he gagged.

Several curious thoughts raced through Vaco's mind. Such as how this thing was some how able to pick him up while wearing a battle ready Assault Armor. Another was that he was defiantly going to modify the Mk III version of his armor when he got back to base, to include a gorget. However, none of his thoughts dwelt on the end. For the Lord Commander could get out of anything.

"You know, I've been telling R&D the exact same story," he gasped. Vaco knew from all of his training, that he'd been in similar situations, and that every move has a counter move, and a counter to those moves, and a counter to counter the counter moves of those. It was like a game of chess, every piece was the soldier's body, armor, leverage and knowledge. Vaco pulled his knees to his chest, and tucked his torso towards his pelvis at the same time. He twisted his body ninety degrees, and shot out both his arms and legs. This broke Vaco out from it's grasp.

Vaco spun as he landed and kicked the creatures legs from out underneath it. While it was falling the Lord Commander had kept the spin going and brought his leg around, and slammed it into the midsection of the attacker. The power of the armor, combined with the rotating speed of his leg, sent his attacker spinning wildly out of control, and impacting into the ground.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Unlimited » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 am

~Striding Cloud~
So many memories... Shattered memories...

Nowhere

"If aliens came and cloned me, would you be able to tell whose, who?" It was a warm and sunny day. I could feel the sun's intense ray of light shining down on me. It felt...heavenly. As I slowly lifted my right hand and pointed straight towards the sky while lying next to her, I opened my eyes and said: "My friends said this: 'Once you know the real thing... you won't be fooled by an imitation.' No matter how many fakes there are, you'll always stand out from the crowd as a shining diamond." I couldn't remember her name. What was it? I want to ask her, but I can't. Why? She giggled with a smile on her cute face and began to laugh. Was the quote somehow funny or was it something else? "You're so funny! Hehehe... I-I can't stop laughing...!"

Our garden... Both me and my girlfriend were lying in a field of flowers while staring high up at the bright blue sky. There were no clouds. Not a single one. She and I always wondered what it's like out there, in space. Is it as dangerous as this place? I want to find out. We both do. As the gentle wind continues to pass by us, something just crossed my mind...

Wasn't I sitting in a chair just moments ago? I can't think clearly... The soft patch of grass that I'm sitting on...it feels like I've been sitting here for ages, but it doesn't. "What's wrong?" I turned my head and looked straight into her eyes. That question... It feels so empty. I can't feel her presence. It's...it's like she's not there. I'm shaking... Why do I feel this way? Everything around me... it feels so wrong. "Why does everything suddenly feel so...dead? I feel cold." The sky suddenly begun to turn dark. I looked up and gazed upon the red sun as it slowly transformed into an ice globe. My skin began to feel even colder. My surrounding begun to decay as darkness spread throughout the land. I was being eaten. I was swallowed whole as I descended into nothingness. I couldn't see anything. I was scared.

Everywhere I looked, every direction I took, it just led me to nowhere. Where is she? I have to find her. I have to! "Where are you? Where are you?!" I cried out for her. I cried as loud as possible as I ran and ran, but she was nowhere in sight. There was nothing here that could give me a single clue about where she was, but then I saw something... A figure in the sky. Could it be her? I ran towards her as fast as I could. I could see her very clearly. Her back facing towards me. I shouted at her once more, but didn't respond. It's like she can't hear me. Why? Why can't she hear me?

During that very moment, she turned and looked at me with a sad face. She was crying. Crying at me. I don't understand. What happened? Her entire face slowly begun to turn pale as her lips moved. She was trying to say something, but nothing came out. I couldn't hear a single word. As I stared at her with confusion and sadness in my heart, a sudden crack suddenly appeared on her right cheek...and then it spread. It spreaded throughout her entire body and just like that, she shattered into a million pieces. There was nothing I could do. It left me... heart broken.

"Why...?" Trapped in despair and sadness, I fell to my knees as tears obscured my vision. "Why did this happen? What did I do wrong?" I slammed my hands on the ground. My tears dripped onto the invisiable floor as I sobbed and sobbed, but my hands... they were decaying right before my own two eyes. I was next. I was the next to suffer! "I-I don't...want to be alone. Come back..." It spreaded up my arms and then throughout my body. I felt numb... I couldn't feel my senses anymore. I felt like I was going mad. I begged her to come back. Begged her to comfort me.

I can't stand it.

"Aqua..."

===================
===================

~Parca~
Come back another time.

The Cursed Lands - Inside an active, but damaged, reactor - Underground

As the Joker dwells within his own mind lingering with anguish, despair, loss, death and loneiness, Parca continues to do what she does best: protect Lord Joker. It's a shame my turn didn't last long. I guess Libitina is going to have all the fun since she's more capable than I am. Well...for close combat anyway. She said within her own little world. She always felt superior to others, but if she ever found anyone stronger than her, like that silly soldier, she will always be annoyed and will find a way to kill them. As the Aorato crosses her arm after changing into new robes mixed black and dark-blue colours, the Undead King and his Royal Guards suddenly arrived and bowed with respect before the leader of Tarot, Joker. During that moment, the Joker continues to stay silent. It's as if the Undead himself is asleep. His glowing, red, piercing eyes were currently not visible within his own helmet and his armoured suit has already finished recharging. Is he really asleep?

Not long after the small amount of silence, Parca, the Aorato, suddenly steps out of the dark shadows and laughs. "Ahohoho! Ahhh... Another member of Tarot. What brings you here, Dreaded One?" A clear sign of disrespect is visible for all to see. It is unknown why this Aorato purposely spoke like this. Perhaps it's because of her high level of magic or it's because of Lord Joker's presence. Either way, she shows absolutely no sign of fear or respect to Lord King. "If you're here to speak to Lord Joker, he is, sadly, not available at the moment. Please come back later." She shoos at Lord King and his Guards with a smile. Telling them to "go away" like they're annoying animals.
Memento mori

Postby Doctress Who » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 am

Mystara Hallow - Forest of Memories/Cave of Asymbolus

“Well…I guess…” Mystara trailed off, words failing her. How had the instrument done that? She had always protested that she could look after herself. She didn’t need help from anyone – it wasn’t just pride, it was safer that way. But she realised after what MIR had pointed out, anything she would have usually said to that effect would have just been foolish and silly, in this situation. And her other main argument that she did not trust him had been quashed before she had even so much as thought to say it. She felt empty, in a way almost cheated. He had given her a choice, and yet at the same time had left her with none.

However as much as she didn’t like to admit it, the robot was right…on all points. Even excluding the fact that several hungry creatures were possibly still after her, she had no idea how she was going to get out of the forest. She had kind of still been working on that problem. And at the moment MIR seemed to be the only solution. And at least with MIR she would be safe from any outside attacks. With a giant instrument of death for company, heck, there was that advantage at least.

Although if it turned out MIR did intend to harm her…then she was screwed. She only needed one look at the instrument to know that she would not stand a chance. Then again, travelling out of the forest by herself was just as dangerous. There was no ‘safe’ option…it was a choice of going alone and probably getting killed, or going with MIR and hoping her suspicions were wrong.

Having weighed up her options in what little time she had, the Gato glanced around her one last time. She could not stay here, not with those creatures after her. And she could not afford to be picky. She would have to take her chances with MIR.

“Guess it looks like I’ll be getting a lift with you, then…”

Hitching up her bag and holding the sword awkwardly under one arm, she nonetheless managed to quickly climb up the robot’s back tires with the grace of - well, a cat. She found the maintenance hatch without much problem, and climbed in, closing the hatch door (if you could call it a door) behind her. It was indeed cramped, with no standing room, but it was nowhere near as bad as she had expected. “I’ve been in a lot worse,” she murmured, more to herself than to MIR. Being used to fitting into tight and awkward spaces when sleeping rough or hiding, she found the hatch wasn’t too uncomfortable once she sat down. She held her new sword close to her for reassurance, still very uneasy about her decision. But she could not do much about the situation, and it was too late to back out now.

“I hope you’re a careful driver…I’m assuming you don’t come with seatbelts,” she said, joking a little. She was not sure if the robot could hear her properly in here, but it did not matter to her either way. It was really just her own way of trying to take her mind off her anxieties.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 am

{Cursed Lands, Reactor}

King slowly stood up and watched Joker's lifeless -- in more ways than one -- body merely rest and do nothing. King stared at the Tarot leader while his little servant girl came out. King didn't even turn his head to acknowledge her, just moving his arms back to cross his hands behind his back.

"You may be Lord Joker's pet, midget. But that does not make you him... I take orders from none, save for my liege." He inwardly grinned at himself, tilting his head up. "So go chase a rat or something. I'm sure you could trap it in that chasm between your legs... Though nothing else has been seen to stay in it for long before falling out."

The Guards some several feet behind King snickered a bit and then coughed to clear their throats. They just turned to face away, giving the look of helping to guard Joker while he rested. Though really they just wanted to try and stay out of business that wasn't theirs. Faus just kept on watching Joker, not once looking to the enslaved leprechaun. He was intent on waiting to ask Joker what had happened to make him need to recharge and rest so...deeply.

What does a common whore have to be proud of...? King thought as he stood there. Oh, how I wish she weren't in Joker's service... I'd love to throw her to the Knights and watch them teach her a slave's place. Heh heh heh... King tilted and moved his neck, adjusting his armor around his shoulders a bit while he waited. Being Undead, he really had nothing but time.
Demon of Elru

Postby Lemon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:23 pm

-Firaam Dwin'anea-

What has just happened cannot be described by words. As soon as Firaam entered the city, slaughter ensued. Civilians were injured, maybe even... No, he couldn't think about that. But the tempo of the events that has unfolded has left Firaam in a mild state of coma. He would normally confront anyone who tried to kill him, but now... it seemed like all his bravery has passed away So... Sudden. Without any warning. Just like back then... He lowered his head, and tucked his daggers in his belt. He moved behind Banril, even though the Aorato couldn't hide him, he wanted ho out of this as stealthy as possible. He didn't want to kneel behind him, that would have been embarrassing and pointless, and he didn't want to run away, considering the rebels might take him for a spy and shoot him. So he decided to play the luck card, and hoped to blend in with the others.

That would be hard however, as his green cloak and black attire distinguished him from the Indolentia soldiers. As moments were passing by, he quickly rethought his situation. In the worst case, he would just meld with the shadows and blend away. But considering his short friend had a rank, which Firaam couldn't remember, he was sure that that Banril had one, he felt a little saver. He raised his head again, and he was once again ready to react if something unexpected was to happen.

Postby Slipslash » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:51 pm

---MIR/ driving through the forest--

As soon as Mystara had closed the small hatch on the robot's back, the MIR gave a jolt. The gato would of heard a dull mechanical thump from the inside, along with a series of small clicking noises. A small light which had been shining a normal colorless white, now turned deep red, casting the small cramped room in a gloomy dark red. These noises and lights may have scared the poor gato, but that is what MIR had been attempting to do in the first place.

And then, from outside, rumbling could be heard, a rumbling which grew into such castrophony it would of made the gato girl's teeth chatter against each other. Something was about to happen, something that Mystara would of no doubt thought. But alas, MIR had played a prank on her, something she no doubt did not know. For you see, just as the loud sounds barraged her ears, from the outside MIR's wheels began shifting into a circular formation. Not only that, but MIR's arms had shifted downward, along with a vent on the underside of MIR which began letting out a stream of hot air which grew to the point where the MIR had lifted off the ground.

*ALL-HOVER MODE ACTIVATED*

Came a small robotic voice from the speaker inside the hatch-room. As it turned out, MIR wasn't going to bake Mystara alive. MIR even knew this, for as soon as the computer had announced MIR's intentions he spoke up, through the very same speaker which brought her relief.

"Ha ha ha, you should of seen the look on your face!"
MIR conveyed with delight. If there was one thing MIR enjoyed more then anything, was causing harm on organic beings, real or not. Which is why the researchers often found MIR to be a very mouthy robot. MIR had always been known to pull pranks on people.

"But do not worry young one, as you have no doubt heard, I've engaged hover mode, to allow us easier transit to the forest's edge. Once we reach the brink of the forest I will touch down and continue via my wheels, the way I am designed allows fast and easy transport to any section of the world, not withholding that they are connected by a body of land, (I am strictly a land robot). But seeing as how you are simply along for the ride: I was meant to be deployed at-"

A signal interrupted MIR in his speech. it, was gone as swiftly as MIR's instruments picked it up, but no less then a few seconds later, did the radio pick it up once again, amidst the crackling of interference from the forest. What his computer did register, was that it was an emergency broad-cast signal. MIR slowly swiveled around, the cameras taking in every detail from the MIR's elevated position. All 8 sets of eyes came to rest on a huge structure jutting out of the forest in the distance. MIR had not seen it before, as the crystal trees blocked his view. This was also the reason why MIR had not picked up the signal until now.

Cautiously MIR banked himself towards the direction of the structure. He had read the reports, he had seen what little videos the Empire had of the sight. A mysteryious reactor, wrapped in the enigma forest, covered in a riddle desert. MIR's curiosity had over-taken him. And like a fly to honey to MIR slowly traveled towards the reactor. Back inside the hatch MIR asked Mystara, "Could you help me do a small favor...?" MIR was mesmerized by the reactor, and even thogh the young gato would no longer want anything to do with the forest, MIR still wanted to see soemthing. Perhaps he could be convinced otherwise, as MIR was the only ticket out of the forest. . .
*WHAT I THOUGHT I'D DO WAS PRETEND I WAS ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES*

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 am

Mystara Hallow – Inside hatch, travelling with MIR

“What’s happening? What are you doing?!” Panic and alarm ran through the small gato, as the light turned red and she heard the ominous noises all around her. Paranoid as she was already, Mystara’s immediate thought was that she had been right – MIR really was going to kill her. So she was utterly bewildered, followed by relieved, when it turned out to be just the robot’s hover mode.

- Then she heard MIR laughing at her over the speaker, and the girl glared. “That wasn’t funny!” she growled, flicking the tip of her tail in irritation. Clearly she did not share the robot’s sense of humour, and was not amused by MIR’s behaviour at all. A robot who thought it was entertaining to torment and frighten the life out of her…great, just great. However she found it hard to stay cross at MIR for long, and after muttering threats of “I swear, if you were only down to my size…” crossly under her breath, she decided to let it pass.

Mystara listened to MIR as he began to explain how they were going to travel, but then was interrupted, and the robot became distracted. What had the instrument found so interesting? And then he asked her for a favour.

“Uhh, I really don’t know about that,” she replied uneasily. She could see this was going to keep MIR from leaving the forest, and she did not like it one bit. She wanted to leave as quickly as possible…and anything in the forest that was holding MIR up could not be good. “Please…I just want to get out of this place. Whatever it is, can’t it wait? Please.”
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
Time Lady

Postby Jasthn » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:08 pm

{Top of the Canal District. Top of a tower.}

“This is fun. I’m beginning to like not going to our meeting. Thank’s for capturing me Sylvanas.” Jazz had a big grin on his face, joking playfully with Sylvanas. “But next time, don’t crash the ship” He chuckled one more time, still smiling. “Jessy, where are you? Are you okay?” Jazz sat down, laying up against the box.
_____
{Canal District}

Jessica’s brother’s voice came over the ear piece, given to her from Sylvanas. “My head feels like an elephant is sitting on it. How are you and Sylvanas

“You’re fine though?”

I’m fine, but are you and Sylvanas getting along?

“Um… I think?” Jazz looked over the box he shot over, observing the scorch mark. “Maybe I should have held back a little on the magic.” He couldn’t refrain himself from touching the scorch.

Should have what?

“Oh nothing. Ow, that’s pretty hot. Anyways, we need to me up. We’ll meet you at the river, okay?

We’ll see you there.” She looked up top to see Chris observing the flames as they disappeared into thin air. “Chris, we’re meeting Jazz and Sylvanas at the river.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby Slipslash » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:33 pm

The Gato's speaking quickly jarred MIR our out his trance.
"O-Oh right right right." the robot stumbled (further proving he had a pretty sophisticated A.I for a robot...) The robot quickly changed directions, heading back to the out edges of the forest, way out in the distance. MIR's back cameras noted the reactors appearance, while MIR would of liked to explore the place, even he knew this was not the time to go fulfilling ones thirst for knowledge.
"It's just that there's a reactor here of all places, don't why why we even built it, but one day it just deactivated. I read (meaning he had downloaded he article, but she did not know that) a report about the place. After it stopped working on the network a scouting team was sent out. They sent a series of video clips via satellite, as radio did not work and still does not work here. On the video's, not one person could be seen anywhere. There were no bodies, no blood, nothing. They even found food in the cafeteria, sitting out on tables, as if everyone in the entire base just disappeared. I saw the last video in the series. . .it was of a strange door, a door that didn't even look like it belonged in the base, the camera was shaking pretty hard at that point, as if the person holding the thing was afraid of what ever was behind the thing. No one in the room wanted to touch that door, not even guards sent in with the team. Then that was it, no more videos. I suppose whatever was in that door got the base, and later when the recon team was sent, it got them too." MIR finished with his story, this was of course the reason why he had been drawn to the reactor. Curiosity killed the cat (but satisfaction brought him back)

"I can understand why you would be scared of this place. There's just something about this forest. . .hell even though I am a robot, I. . .I don't know how to describe it, it's what you squishes call. . ."feel" I just "feel" like no, no being should be here."

"I don't know, but I even "feel" like whatever is here wants me out, and I'm a robot for crying out loud. You're lucky your inside of me, that's the safest place you could probably be around here. . .your in good "hands" MIR tilted himself even further, increasing the speed. All of a sudden he wanted out of the forest, perhaps even more then Mystara did. And so he flew, away from the untold horrors, and mysterious of the forest of memories.

Some time later MIR noted the land-scape of the forest. The feeling have gone away, he had taken his merry time taking pictures of the place. All of a sudden the forest stopped, and the desert began. The crystal trees and towers curved off, away far into the horizon. MIR noticed his electronic equipment had started working, his Radar/Sonar could function, although if he faced the forest it quickly went off-line again. Radio communications were still down, but GPS was working as well. MIR quickly set down on his wheels again, disengaging all-hover mode. If the slight rocking wasn't an indicator MIR announced to the young gato: " Outer-edge station reached, please retrieve all bags and luggage from the compartments, thank-you for traveling at get-out-of-the-creepy-forest airways." What followed was MIR's snickering over his own joke. After a moment he calmed down and asked another question, "Miss, I'd offer to take you to any place you'd like, but I'm kinda hard-pressed on time, Gaia Panta was expecting me, no doubt they think I'm dead. So you can hitchhike with me to Gaia, but if your going somewhere else, here is where I'll have to leave you." MIR concluded, even though he doubted she would really bail, it was just courteous to ask.

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:42 pm

Mystara Hallow

Mystara was highly relieved when MIR got back on track and started to leave the forest. The robot’s ‘ghost story’ of the reactor only made her more thankful they had left it. Despite her own private views on the Empire and those working for it, the story chilled her. What had happened to those people? What horrors had they seen? Had they died, or had something worse happened to them? It made her wonder what else the Forest hid…It surprised her that even MIR found the forest unnerving. After all, what would a machine like him possibly have to fear? That thought alone was enough to send a chill down her spine.

The young gato tucked in her legs, hugging her knees and giving an involuntary shiver. For the first time, she felt comforted that MIR was there. And although she was still wary, she felt safer with the robot now than she had done before. It was strange how a certain turn of events could shift your perception on things so quickly. Back before she had met the robot, if you had asked her what was more frightening: MIR or the forest of memories, she would have said MIR was, but now…
She wondered if there were things out there in the world, that even the Inamabilis would fear if they knew about them.

As MIR flew on, with nothing better to do Mystara found her thoughts returning to the reason she was here in the first place. There seemed to be a touch of irony to the fact that, of all the days for an Inamabilis machine to offer her help, it was this day. The day that reminded her more than ever why she hated the Empire. It made her feel…odd. Almost guilty. Like she had betrayed her brother simply by accepting MIR’s offer…after all, MIR was with the Empire. She should have wanted nothing to do with him. And yet here she was, travelling with him, almost as comfortably as if they were friends.
I should hate him, she thought to herself. But I don’t. Not personally. And even though I can’t let myself trust him, I've never felt this comfortable or safe with anyone all year. Not since before… She trailed off. She did not express any of these conflicting thoughts outwardly, keeping them to herself, inside her head. If there was one thing she was really good at, it was keeping her thoughts and emotions private when she wanted to – you had to, when you lived a life like hers. No doubt MIR was too busy taking in his surroundings to notice, but all the same she kept her emotions closed.

Feeling tired, she curled up in the manner that most cats do, and lightly dozed off until the slight rocking of the hover mode disengaging woke her up. Even Mystara could not help smiling when she heard MIR’s joke. She was glad they were finally out of the forest. She would not be going back in there in a hurry, that was for sure.

Mystara shrugged. With no home or anywhere particular to go to, it did not matter to her where she went. The small gato replied, “Gia Panta is ok by me, E2X...uh, sorry what was your name again?...When we get there, if you can just drop me off in any street, that would be fine thanks. I’ll find my way round.”
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:48 pm

---Crossing the Great Desert/MIR---

"Name's MIRAGE, but just call me MIR for short, I've always liked that." All of MIR's 6 wheels set down on the ground, allowing for faster travel. "But you may want to go back to sleep. We've only cleared the forest, now we have to crossed the cursed lands. I know where we are, thanks to my tracking system, but I also see it's gonna be a while before we get to Gaia Panta. So sit back, and relax, we're heading off." And thus the large robot started off into to desert. MIR's tracked wheels were well suited to the loose desert sand, Mystara would of felt nothing. Going at a speed of 193 mph, the trip would probably take 4-5 hours.

MIR was careful when driving over hills, he normally would of just gone all out, but he had live cargo to consider. Whenever he near a hill he slowed down enough so he wouldn't go flying out the other side, even if he wanted to. But for the most part the cursed lands were relatively flat, except for the odd pot-hole or two (which he focused on avoiding). After an hour or so of driving MIR decided to see who this girl was. He had long received connection from the global network, he supposed it could not hurt to do a little snooping, but MIR doubted he would act on anything he'd find. This gato seemed nice. MIR put in her name into the global data-base.

*LOOKING UP: MYSTARA HOLLOW*
*PLEASE WAIT. . .DONE*

A profile of the Gato was then transmitted to MIR. MIR was slightly surprised by what he found. Various accounts of thievery, and a few accounts of murder, as well as a longer list of misdemeanors. Her profile is what MIR would of termed: a lowlife, or some poor nobody roaming the streets doing what they could to survive. The Empire might as well of not existed for these people. In a way MIR felt sorry for them. As he'd drive down the streets, many pairs of eyes would seem to follow MIR from every nook and cranny. None of these people ever talked to MIR, they thought he was a mind-less killing machine, everyone thought he was a mindless killings machine. Well he wasn't. MIR thought of himself as a thinking killing machine. There was a difference. . at least to him.

He noticed a note on Mystara's profile.

*NOTES: WANTED FOR USE OF ILLEGAL WEAPONS: EXPLOSIVES*

Well that would explain why she had used those potions on the shadows beings. MIR assumed Mystara was pretty good with explosives. MIR immediately recognized this ability as detrimental. No doubt, the resistance would want to get a hold of this girl. MIR knew she would be a great addition to those "terrorists" forces. MIR could not stand the thought. For if this little girl actually joined the terrorists, MIR would eventually have to kill her. MIR did not like killing children, but if he was given the right motivation he would have to. Perhaps the Empire would accept her. MIR would have to get into contact with Eli. MIR would of been on the base with Eli if it hadn't been for the crash. MIR hoped that he could convince Eli that Mystara would be an invaluable member to the Empire. But ultimately it would be Mystara's choice as to where she wanted to go. MIR hoped that she would see the light: that no matter what side you choose, both are the same. This was probably the greatest rule MIR's mentor, Eli had ever told him. MIR knew he couldn't convince her, it was her destiny, MIR could never take that away from anyone.

"But remember: while you can do literally anything in the world, there are always consequences for every action you perform, never forget that."

The speakers said. MIR had accidentally played an audio clip from his memory banks, as he sometimes was fond of doing so, especially when thinking so hard. MIR quickly checked the maintenance room, she was asleep, which was good, MIR didn't want her hearing some random person's voice, worse yet, MIR certainly did not want her to start asking questions.

But for now, MIR focused on not going into the pot-holes littering the desert. There was a large sand-storm up ahead. But MIR kept forging through. He was enveloped in the sand. His GPS still worked. It would not be long now. . .

---Gaia Panta/Eli---

Eli sat at his desk. Now that he was here, he found how increasingly boring it was to be in one place for a long time. His desk had been in the exact same shape in which he had left it: simplistic, no trinkets, paperweights. Just a computer terminal/communications terminal. And a stack of scientific documents. They weren't old things, and neither was his desk or office covered in dust. The science papers were refreshed weekly in the event that he returned, and any undead's office was always kept in top condition.

Eli knew there were plenty of things going on in the city at the moment. The amount of traffic, aids and officers, as well as the odd soldier or two, told him that. The city was in code red, the top-most level for military readiness. A string of recent attacks had done that. Eli wondered why the "Indolentia" ("Freedom from pain my ass") were so stupid. At times they would exhibit traits of a full-blown organized crime syndicate, killing key structures and targets. At others they would shoot down a random transport, or kill a group of soldiers. Their method of thinking was unthinkable. Eli wondered if they just threw some dice, or used a giant wheel.

"Umm sir?"

Eli looked away from the window he had been looking through.
"Hmm? What is it?"

"Sir, the transport with E2CX MIRAGE in it, that disappeared a few hours ago. . ."
"Yes? Go on."
"Well E2CX MIRAGE has appeared on our tracking system, he seems normal, and his currently heading in hour direction."
"Good, I've needed someone to investigate the incidents around the city, what with Vaco disappeared into thin air."
"Yes sir."
"Send out a repair truck to meet him inside the gates. Give him orders to follow that Sylvana women when he gets here. His main objective will be to observe, but if he can get a chance, have him kill the terrorist with her."
"Roger that sir" The aid then left Eli's office. Eli then turned back around, to face the window out-looking the city. Eli placed his chin on his hand, and started day-dreaming, like old men are aught to do.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Captain Sylvanas

The captain ignored Jazz. He was kind of starting to get on her nerves, but she knew that she has been in far worse situations than this. So she started down the path with out him, determined to end this seriously FUBAR of a day. The captain reached around and unclipped her sniper rifle from her back. She removed the armor piercing rounds, it would be a bad idea to take out a target using such a devastating round. A sudden noise caused her to stop a spin around, she saw a small rodent dart away from a bottle it had just knocked over. Without looking, the captain placed a different clip into her sniper rifle, replaced it onto her back, and kept walking.

501st Team Black.

"I've got sights on target three."

"Same with target two."

"Target One is still in position. Orders sir?"

"All units, standby. The Captain has been spotted. The operation shall return to normal perimeters. do not engage targets unless you are compromised, or targets are leaving their zones. COM is now on code red."
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 am

Mystara Hallow – Inside MIR, travelling the Cursed Lands

“Ok MIR,” the gato said with a slight smile, yawning and stretching a little to get comfortable again. “Wake me up once we’ve reached the city, if I’m still asleep by then.” And as the robot set off across the desert, she turned over and curled up to sleep again.

However Mystara was a light sleeper. She heard the voice MIR accidently played over the speakers, although she pretended not to have been woken by it. She guessed it was something the robot had not intended her to hear, because he said nothing about it. However although she gathered it must have been some sort of recording (since it was not MIR’s voice), she was half-asleep and couldn’t make much more sense of it right now. Deciding to think about it later, she let her mind drift back off to sleep, faintly wondering to herself how much longer this journey would take.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:22 pm

A spot appeared on the horizon. The city of Gaia Panta. It seemed they had arrived at their destination. Gradually the spot on the horizon grew larger. As the large robot drove towards the huge city, a com signal went out to it.

"Target: Identify yourself, or we will shoot." The Radiomen said, with a slightly worried tone, there was not really much they could do against a robot of MIR's caliber. But thankfully MIR was not hostile.

"I am identified as E2CX MIRAGE, ID: 4a78r6P32h4g464753 I don't know if you guys know, but I was missing in action up until a few hours ago, when I established connection with the main battle-net" MIR answered over radio (so Doc would not hear him) He was only a hundred yards away, and closing.

"Aw, right E2, we've been expecting you. We have a repair truck over on this side of the gate. We're going to replace that wheel of yours, seeing as how it's damaged. After that we have a mission for you to complete."

"A mission?"
"Yeah, we have the data right here."
"Oh ok, heading in then."

The gates slowly opened up for MIR as e drove past. Normally the grims at the gates posted around Gaia scan all incoming cargo. If they had scanned MIR, they would of found out about his stowaway. But they also normally did not scan military cargo, which is what MIR was considered.
Back in the maintenance hatch MIR awoke the sleeping gato.

"Mystara, Mystara, we're here. But wait, don't go out yet. Your going to have to wait a little bit. They want to replace my front left wheel, which was damaged in the crash, after thea they're going to give me my mission coordinates. When that's done I'll drive away, and then I'll let you off. That sound good?

Back outside MIR drove a few yards to a largish truck sitting aside the road. MIR stopped directly next to it. Out of the truck a crane unfolded itself. As it did this the trailer on the truck opened up, exposing the many backup and emergency parts used for MIR. The crane picked up a wheel. While it did this a team armed with a pneumatic drill took MIR's old wheel off. It then took 5 of them to push the wheel out and away. After a short moment and a series of buzzing from the drills MIR's new wheel was done, and it was no longer damaged. It would only take a moment now. . .

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:40 am

{Gia Panta, Indolentia HQ}

Alex stretched and turned as he started to walk away from the scene that had taken place. A rabid beast had attacked and broken the doors of the main entrance, and then that traitorous, psychpathic doctor tried to boss everyone around and mistreat the troops. Never liked him anyway... Hm? He then noticed someone who was looking rather shy thanks to the incident. And even tried hiding behind an Aorato. Alex snorted, nearly busting out with laughter at that idea.

He strolled up beside Banril and Firaam, smiling as pleasantly as he could. "Hi there. You look like you're new here... First, sorry about the mess. We don't usually have to deal with traitors and monsters on a daily basis," he then blinked and looked up. "Errrr... At least, not here at base..." Alex leaned in towards Firaam and whispered where only the three of them could hear.

"Advice: Don't volunteer for recon work with Helel until you've been here a while..." Unfortunately, they were standing at the one spot where even the slightest sound would echo to the opposite end of the hall as if someone were talking normally. The three of them were just too far to have heard the echo themselves. The guards on hand all stared at the three and began laughing while tripping over themselves.

Alex then stood up straight and smiled, his fuzzy ears twitching as he looked to both of them. "Now," he paused, trying to remember the Aorato's name. Luckily they didn't have too many Aorato members, so it came quickly. "Fira, ol' boy, you went out and got us a new recruit to tangle with the Empire, eh?" He grinned as only a Gato could. Looking both deviously sly and somehow adorably cutre at the same damn time. Which spurred another response of laughter from the guards watching down the hall.

"I'm Alexander Remour, co-Commander of Indolentia, ranking just under General Helel himself!" He stated with an abundant air of pride that he worked so close to his old friend. "And now that I got introductions started, who might you be?" His furry tail began slowly swaying behind him as he rested his fists over the sides of his hips.
Demon of Elru

Postby Jasthn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 pm

Jazz

Jazz sighed at the sight of Sylvanas walking away. “I guess she just doesn’t like the way I do my missions.” Jazz threw himself up off the ground, and put his rifle back on his back. “I guess I should try and take this seriously then. Hopefully it’ll make her a little less edgy.” He quickly mumbled to himself, as he silently jogged back to Sylvanas, not saying a word, looking straight forward.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

Postby Doctress Who » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:23 am

Mystara Hallow – Inside MIR, Arriving at Gia Panta

Mystara blinked, sitting up and stretching. Her limbs ached from not being able to stretch them fully for so long, but it was nothing she wasn’t used to.

“Ok, sounds good to me,” she replied quietly. “Just let me know when it’s ok to get out.” She looked around her, taking in every detail of the small cramped room. As strange though it seemed, she felt almost like she would miss MIR. But that was ridiculous, of course. Anything Empire associated she knew she should be glad to see the back of. She picked up her bag of belongings and the luminescent sword, ready to leave. She listened to the noises outside, her ears twitching at the sound of every movement, as she waited patiently.
Time Lady

Postby Slipslash » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:39 pm

---MIR/Gia Panta

"You sure you don't want us to check out your engine?"

"No, no I'm fine."

"Well what about all that sand? I'm sure you've got sand in there because of that trip"

"Oh sand? Pssshaw, like it's possible for me to get sand in my engine. I'm fine."

"Oh, well ok then."

MIR had been tied up a little by nosy engineers. They were armed with a big hose looking object. It was an air-blaster, used to get sand out of engines and other parts. Most often used on the trains, and pretty much anything that went through the cursed lands. Due to other "reasons" MIR turned down the offer. After a small delay the repair crew input a small code on a PDA they had. The mission parameters updated straight into MIR's computer, the data streaming across MIR's HUD. After a small goodbye MIR was off on his way. It did not take very long to get into a canal leading to, you guessed it, canal district. Once there MIR stopped briefly before heading on his way. The maintenance hatch opened of its own accord with the announcement by MIR, "Ok, we've officially arrived at our destination." As the young Gato got out MIR reflected on the small trip with her. She seemed nice, MIR thought he'd really miss her, but even MIR knew, if the terrorists found out about her they would stop at nothing to turn her over to their side. MIR wanted to be far away from this girl. MIR knew that if she ever did go over to the terrorist he'd eventually have to kill her, he'd eventually have to kill them all.

Driving a few yards down the canal MIR stopped. He would not be saying goodbye.
"Mystara, I'm pretty sure you know the world's a harsh place. I may be a robot, but even I understand if you choose a side, you'll have to accept what ever consequences come out of it. Please, for my sake, and your, do not join the Indolentia. You can hate the empire all you'd like, you can even hate me. But please don't ever join that." MIR drove a few more feet away before turning to face Mystara.

"I've killed 1,534 people Mystara. That should be a good enough reason to hate me." With that the large robot drove away in silence, not even waiting to hear the young girl's answer. MIR just hoped she would be smart enough not to get involved. As he drove the EBD drive was engaged, it wasn't long before MIR was completely see through. It would not take long to get with-in observation range of those Grimm's now. . .

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:49 am

Mystara Hallow – Gia Panta, Canal District

The young gato stared after MIR, watching him drive away. For a moment, she looked almost abandoned. “…Thanks for the lift…” she spoke to the empty air where MIR had been, her voice small. MIR had left her feeling unbelievably cold inside. What a way to say goodbye, she thought bitterly.

She felt almost sorry for MIR. He was just doing what he was designed to do…he didn’t even have a choice of side. Speaking of which, the robot would naturally tell her not to join the Indolentia. After all, she reasoned, the instrument worked for the Empire. They wouldn’t want the rebels gaining any new recruits.
Well, he needn’t worry, she thought coldly to herself. She wasn’t planning on joining any rebels, anyway. If she had, she would have done that a long time ago. No, she much preferred to go alone. Her own side was the side she had stuck to for seven years, and she wasn’t about to change sides now. At least, that was what she resolved. Only one person could have swayed her, and he was now dead, no thanks to either side. Oh, she might blame the Inamabilis for the way her life had turned out, and she would never forgive them for it. But both sides had Jace’s blood on their hands as far as she was concerned...even if it hadn’t been the Indolentia, those rebel groups were all the same in her eyes. So caught up in over-throwing the Empire, that they forgot why they were doing it in the first place. They forgot to protect the people they were fighting for. People like Jace and herself. Her brother had died in a crossfire, not solely at the hands of the empire. Mystara had reason enough to hate both sides.

Then again, if the Indolentia do cross my path, I’m sure as hell not going to stop them like a good little citizen, she thought to herself with a small smirk. I won’t join them, but if they’re against the Empire…then good on them. I know which side I’m cheering on. I hope they make the Empire pay for what they’ve done. I’m just sorry I can’t be a part of it.

She started to rummage in her bag, her mind turning to more practical things. Now the whole episode with the Forest was over, it was back to her normal life, she supposed. What had she got left here in the way of supplies? Hmm, still enough drink, ok on the food if she rationed it, potions…well, she could always do with more, Nitro-9…? Hmm, only 5 cans left now, after the two she had used in the Forest of Memories. And she didn’t have much ingredients left in order to make some more. She needed to top up her supply. Gia Panta…I’m sure me and Jace left a few stashes of Nitro here somewhere, the last time we were here…if it hasn’t been raided by now that is, she pondered. She glanced about her. She wasn’t sure, but she thought one of those stashes had been in the Canal district. Probably in an abandoned warehouse somewhere. But it had been a while since she had last been here. It would take her a while to work out where it was, and she didn’t know this part of the city very well. And since when were their so many Grims out here? The place seemed to be swarming with them, she noticed.

“Well, better be safe than sorry…” She slipped out a potion bottle from her bag and took a swig, before returning it. After a few seconds, she had vanished from sight, sword and all. Now to work out exactly where I am…and where that stash might be. She set off, leaping and scaling up the wall of a nearby building and perched on the rooftop. Her invisible tail swished from side to side as she silently surveyed the surrounding area.
Time Lady

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Captain Sylvanas

The captain walked along the path down to the river. Her armored boots gave a faint clicking noise against the pavement as she moved along. He hand dropped down to her DN-9, the weapon she had just tried to shoot herself with only a very minutes ago. She very gently stroked the grip with her thumb. Her thoughts chilled as she made contact with the weapon, but it was better than other things. Sylvanas snapped her head to the left and caught the faintest sight of a black armored figure as it moved back, and disappeared into the shadows.

"Damn you, Black," she muttered as she concluded who it was.

She turned her head a little more and noticed that Jazz had somehow caught up with her. Which was strange since the little dumb ass wasn't popping some comment or joke up.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Slipslash » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 am

--MIR/Canal district--

After a little bit of driving through the various canal's that dotted the city MIR found his target. She was walking down the river path a good 300 yards away, but MIR's cameras could even see the way she ran her thumb down her weapon's grip. MIR even saw the one she was with, MIR's computer busill began searching the data base when he was spotted.

"Jazz. . ." MIR thought. His profile was not all the nice either. A suspected terrorist. Perhap's he would kill him when they were done as well. MIR did not care about human lives now. He was here for a mission, no person would get in his way. Oh how quickly MIR would change faces. It was a shame the secondary objective wasn't around the captain. MIR was slightly disappointed the he would have to forgo that objective for his main one. Right now he was transferring a feed over to Eli's office. MIR could tell based on the little red symbol that appeared on his HUD.

MIR slowly followed the Captain and her company. MIR knew what she was here for, but MIR had no idea why Eli was so interested. She was just one of those 101'st Grimm's. So what. MIR never really liked Grimm's much. They were all snooty. And MIR hated the way they looked at him. Regular Grimm's were afraid of MIR, even when he drove by MIR could pick up the mild fear mixed in with awe over the Empire's killing toy.

But the 101. All MIR picked up from them was disgust. That is why MIR hated them, but he had to work with them. Whether he, or they, liked it or not.

Postby Doctress Who » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Mystara Hallow – Canal District

Mystara scanned what she could see of the Water district, trying to recall the last time she had been there. Where would we have hid it…? She made a leap up to a building on a higher level, so that she could get a clearer view. That was better. If she remembered correctly, her stash of explosives had been near the river, which was somewhere over there…her blue cat-like eyes mapped out the direction she needed to take. She could not recall the building it was hidden in, but no doubt she would remember it on sight. Just hope it’s still there…if not, I’ll have to search the city until I can remember where the rest of the Nitro was hidden. But it should be there…this place looks like it hasn’t been touched in a hundred years.

Taking note of the direction she needed to go in (although that wasn’t too difficult, since her sense of direction was excellent), the small invisible gato began to climb and leap from building-to-building, bouncing across them as if they were simply springboards. Usually she was as fast and springy as a bouncy ball, but unfortunately she found her newly acquired sword a bit of a hindrance. She would have probably ditched the sword if she had not grown so attached to it. Besides, although it was not much use to her as an efficient weapon, she could still use it to intimidate people with it. People might think twice before messing with her while she had this sword with her, she reckoned.

Hell, people might have thought twice about messing with her anyway, if they only knew what she had hidden in her bag…but Mystara knew she’d be a fool to wave Nitro-9 around unless it was strictly necessary. And keeping it hidden in her bag meant she almost always had the element of surprise. After all, who would suspect a cute little girl like her would be armed to the teeth with powerful explosives? Despite the danger she had been in, she had always secretly loved the look on people’s faces when they realised this ‘innocent’ young girl wasn’t so innocent and defenceless after all…if it wasn’t for the bitterness and regret of what she had to do, maybe she could be even said to revel in it. But her brother had always got more of a thrill from it than she did. She didn’t blow things up for the hell of it or for the thrill, or even to get back at the Empire; she only ever used explosives when she had to. Practice, making for quick exits and defending herself were generally the only times she used it.

Speaking of explosives…at the rate she was going she’d reach the river in next to no time. Once I’ve topped up on supplies, I’ll find a way out of this district and find somewhere better to go, she thought to herself, as she bounded across the rooftops. She paused, taking another sip of invisibility potion before continuing swiftly on her way. Unaware that she was coincidently headed in the same direction as MIR and his ‘targets’.
Time Lady

Postby Lemon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 am

-Firaam Dwin'anea-Indolentia HQ-

"Me?" Firaam was a little confused by the sudden question, as he was used to staying in the shadow, and working with people who didn't want to know much, just wanted to get a job done. He decided to tell him a quick survey of his doings, but he wasn't going to tell him everything

"My name is Firaam, of the elven Dwin'anea clan. For years I have worked at the edges of Cursed Lands, striking at Inamabilis patrols and convoys. I strayed in other regions, but I have always been avoiding the city, empires headquarters residing here. Months ago I heard about the Indolentia and their efforts from a group of traveling mercenaries, and considering I alone could do nothing more than be a small nuisance, a pest" he remembered what his torturer use to call him and his clan, before he braked free from the prison "for the empire, I decided to join the rebellion. And here I am, busting up the city same day I came here" the last part was followed with a small frown.

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Captain Sylvanas. Water District.

"So," said the captain in an attempt to break the awkward silence. "Tell me a little bit about yourself."

501st Team Black. (Members One and Two)

Team Black was little more than a nickname for the six-man, elite assault unit. The name was derived from their armor, which was painted a pitch black. Only a few knew about the team, Vaco keep them as secret as he possibly could. If the 501st was Vaco's spear point, then team 141 was the commander's poison dart. He used them for nearly all of his operations that demanded higher status than black ops, code named "Dark Ops" series. The six man team was trained as a special operations force that could handle nearly any situation that was thrown at them. Vaco himself personally trained them, and awarded them the famous Assault Armor when they graduated.

It could be said that these individuals are on the same fighting level as their commander.

They have no name, known only by their designations.

Black One slid back into the makeshift crow's nest without making a sound. His armor clicked lightly as the plates hit the low wall. Black Two, silent spun around with a large and nasty looking silenced pistol in his hands. The Special Forces captain held his hands up, and Two turned away, shaking his head with disgust and disappointment in his discovery. One smiled under his helmet and joined his second-in-command at the look out.

"Status?" inquired One, his voice a whisper.

"The Captain is still making her way to the beach, or river. She just got joined by who must be this ‘Jazz’ fellow.” Reported Two, has he handed the binoculars to One.

“And the others?”

“Black Six, Four, and Three are on sniper duty. All of them have reported in, and COM’s are back on code red. Five is on back up.”

Black One nodded his head in acknowledgement. “What do you think of the new armor?” Black One was referring to the armor they were wearing. Since they were the best that Vaco had to offer from his own division, he usually had them run field tests with any new equipment. Sometimes, the Lord allowed his men to keep them. One example was the heavy pistol that Black Two had. It was originally designed to be heavy caliber pistol for Grimms, and other members of the Imperial Armed Forces. But it had too many draw backs to be considered for mass production. One of them was the recoil. Even the standard 501st Battle armor couldn’t compensate the kick. Only those in assault armor could properly control the nail driver.

“I like the Mark Three, beats the hell out of the mark two series that the commander is using. Doesn’t he get his today?” responded Two.

“I believe so. But it’s more like the Mark Three-Point-Five. I’ve heard that they’ve made a lot of custom upgrades to It.” replied One in a soft voice.

“You know… She reminds him of her.”
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jasthn » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:59 pm

“Hm?” Jazz thought to himself. Sylvanas quickly focused on a building, murmuring something as well. He was going to ask, but let it go. He didn’t want to make another bad comment, or joke seeing as the Captain had a dry sense of humor towards him, and continued walking, not saying a word.

The Captains quick question however broke the silence surrounding them. Though somewhat shocked, he was also was sort of relieved for a quick moment.

“Ah… Not much else to say other than I hunt people causing trouble around here. I don’t really have much worth talking about.” Jazz took off the helmet, which was getting on his nerves for some time now, shaking his head to fix his hair. He continued to ponder in his thoughts however. “Sadly enough, I think you’ve already known most of me as it is.” He laughed slight a bit. “I tend to take my missions as they come, and tend to joke around and play around on them as well. It’s a way for me to at least relieve the stress so to speak. I guess the only other thing that you probably haven’t really seen is that I really do finish my assignments and missions until the end.” Jazz lifted the helmet up to his face, observing it it. Back, front, sides, insides, top, and especially the visor. He always liked to know what everything looked like, his surrounding, tools, and weapons.

“I’m sure there’s something you must be proud about, or are special at that’s worthwhile talking about though.”
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.

That guy.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing