Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:31 pm

I remember the mechanics of the sword and theories about this and whatnot were talked about at length in the threads made for the pages where the sword was present. You could peruse those, or else you could ask in the most recent ppgd thread, you'd probably get more response there
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:30 pm

It was once theorized how the sword may work against one pure of heart, if used by another that's pure of heart. The discussion became semi-lengthy last time around, so bringing it up in the threads focused on the topic may bring more responses.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Is anyone else having fun? I've had other RP ideas but the only 1 I can think of is Demon/Monster Hunters in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Still a WIP but I'm willing to take ideas if anyone wants to toss them in. Kind of got the idea from playing the old and new Castlevania games.
Goth boy

Postby Vegedus » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 pm

KazeXDZ wrote:Is anyone else having fun?

This is a weird question in this context.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:44 pm

I have an idea.

Why don't you and Bel try making 1 or 2 Literature Threads. You two seem to have many ideas, but you guys are too eager to share. You guys must pace yourselves before going off on another venture. Use your time to better understand the dynamics of RP'ing with other people on the forums. Again, you guys can use the Literature Section as a creative outlet for your ideas.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:I have an idea.

Why don't you and Bel try making 1 or 2 Literature Threads. You two seem to have many ideas, but you guys are too eager to share. You guys must pace yourselves before going off on another venture. Use your time to better understand the dynamics of RP'ing with other people on the forums. Again, you guys can use the Literature Section as a creative outlet for your ideas.

*Gives the man a medal* Best Idea I've heard this century.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:54 pm

I understand it perfectly. I just can't get GM experience without being a GM or at least a co-GM. If some of y'all would like to help me get some, I could lead a 2.0 D&D game. And Kaze, if you're in on this, no Barri'ep!
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Sigment » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Belwicket wrote:I understand it perfectly.

If that was true, then you wouldn't have gotten kicked out of Millo's RP.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Vegedus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:28 am

Belwicket wrote:2.0 D&D game.

A what now? You mean Advanced D&D?

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:45 am

Belwicket wrote:I understand it perfectly. I just can't get GM experience without being a GM or at least a co-GM. If some of y'all would like to help me get some, I could lead a 2.0 D&D game. And Kaze, if you're in on this, no Barri'ep!

You don't have to GM to gain GM experience, at least not yet. You can join the various RPs and note what the other GMs are doing. At the same time, note what they're not doing, such as making single word posts. You can easily observe what a GM should and shouldn't do. Your trial and error method may just anger more members.

If you guys join RPs, and show that you can be an influential part in them, a GM(knowing how much you 2 want to GM), may ask you guys to co-GM in order to boost your experience. I've seen regular players in the past become co-GMs just by being good players. Now, with that in mind, please remember to not force yourselves onto others. Everyone here can see that you guys have many ideas, but lack self restraint. Play how you guys want to play and play well with others.

I still highly recommend the Literature Section. Threads they're more open to lengthy discussions on the expansion of ideas. You can also revisit and multi-post within them.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Vegedus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:45 am

Tenshi has a point, it's just as educational to watch how other people GM as being one yourself.

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Tenshi Nova wrote:
Belwicket wrote:I understand it perfectly. I just can't get GM experience without being a GM or at least a co-GM. If some of y'all would like to help me get some, I could lead a 2.0 D&D game. And Kaze, if you're in on this, no Barri'ep!

You don't have to GM to gain GM experience, at least not yet. You can join the various RPs and note what the other GMs are doing. At the same time, note what they're not doing, such as making single word posts. You can easily observe what a GM should and shouldn't do. Your trial and error method may just anger more members.

If you guys join RPs, and show that you can be an influential part in them, a GM(knowing how much you 2 want to GM), may ask you guys to co-GM in order to boost your experience. I've seen regular players in the past become co-GMs just by being good players. Now, with that in mind, please remember to not force yourselves onto others. Everyone here can see that you guys have many ideas, but lack self restraint. Play how you guys want to play and play well with others.

I still highly recommend the Literature Section. Threads they're more open to lengthy discussions on the expansion of ideas. You can also revisit and multi-post within them.

I've tried doing what y'all do with my chars and y'all still don't like me. As for the Literature section, none of my stories get far enough along.

Vegedus wrote:
Belwicket wrote:2.0 D&D game.

A what now? You mean Advanced D&D?

Yeah.

Sigment wrote:
Belwicket wrote:I understand it perfectly.

If that was true, then you wouldn't have gotten kicked out of Millo's RP.

No, that was because of a misunderstanding. I was trying to explain that my char had been training in physical abilities to be able to do that type of stuff and I had made major edits to my post because of everyone else picking on me. Kaze was kicked out because his char was a loner who hadn't grown to trust the group yet. His only mistake, as far as I saw, was the trashcan fires.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:31 pm

Your reading comprehension has failed you then
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Belwicket wrote:I've tried doing what y'all do with my chars and y'all still don't like me.

Most of the time, its people trying to help you out. The rest of the time, its frustration because people are perceiving you as arguing.

Just get out there and play. If someone raises an issue/suggestion or points out a problem, ask for clarification, or politely explain what you were attempting to do. Perhaps they misunderstood you, or have a better idea on how to convey your idea to others.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu May 01, 2014 3:16 am

Belwicket wrote:I've tried doing what y'all do with my chars and y'all still don't like me. As for the Literature section, none of my stories get far enough along.

Clearly, you're doing something different. You need to see where you differ and why people are against those details. People wouldn't single you out if you're doing what everyone else is doing. Going back and carefully rereading some of the posts that stated your mistakes would help you create a list. Based on that list, you can work on each point to see where exactly they can be altered for everyone's benefit.

A major point in forum RPs is that they involve multiple people that may not respond to one another over long periods of time. When making posts, you should read the posts prior, in both the IC and OOC. Afterwards, make sure that your post was accepted, if it needs to be altered, then find out what exactly needs to be changed. Changing what you assumed was the problem may not be what others see to be the problem.

You say your stories don't get far along. You don't have to have a continuous story in your own Lit thread, you're given a lot of creative freedom in them. You can have multiple shorts, poems, scripts and even interactive. There's also no need for constant updates, you can revisit your old ideas, as if your thread is an archive. It would also help you properly develop an idea in full. As I said, you're too eager to share, you can spend more time building ideas before throwing into multiplayer.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Thu May 01, 2014 3:53 am

Nova is right, build whatever you're creating thoroughly. My current Warhammer RP idea is still being refined, though mostly due to university, but also in part because even though I have all the research material to impress a lecturer on the subject I still don't feel I know enough to give it a fully fleshed out feel as it's a complex world.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Thu May 01, 2014 6:45 am

I'll just note that a setting with a 'fully fleshed out feel' is like 10% of what makes an RP good, in my opinion.
Belwicket wrote:I've tried doing what y'all do with my chars and y'all still don't like me. As for the Literature section, none of my stories get far enough along.

Well, it's abundantly evident you're a slow learner. So you'll have to keep doing that until you 'get it'.

Postby Archrival » Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 am

Yeah I get that, but knowing a lot of the lore of an established world helps improve the GMs abilities which is what I meant, I just feel don't know enough.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 01, 2014 3:37 pm

So, basically, what I understand from what y'all are saying is it's highly unlikely I'll ever be ready to lead an RP. I've led RPs before, some of which had huge groups, some of which had only a handful of people. Yeah, I'm not the best here. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying I'm probably the worst on Snafu. However, the ONLY reason I haven't left for good was because I can't find any other group that is at least as good as y'all and as accepting. Except the Multiverse but that's something different.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm

No. We're urging you to go out and get more experience with the community. We've given you solutions and ideas on how to better interact with people on here. The topic of a GM isn't being raised in direct response to you.

Postby Tenshi Nova » Thu May 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Bel, carefully read the previous posts, no one every said that you have a low chance at being a good GM. It's been stated that it will take time and effort before you will. You aren't alone in this. Look at the number of GMs vs the number of people that are playing RPs and the number of people in the forums altogether.

Also, try to contradict yourself less often within your own posts. :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Thu May 01, 2014 9:05 pm

I get some of y'all are trying to help and I appreciate that. However, from how I've been understanding things, it still sounds like it's unlikely for me to become a GM here anytime soon. If anyone is willing let me have a small RP where I can practice, I could show you how I GM RPs. However, knowing how y'all are, it's highly unlikely until I "gain more experience" which I've been trying to do since I started RPing here. I've come a long way and I think I've earned the shot. However, my KH RP idea is still a long ways from being finished. As I stated before, I can run an AD&D 2.0 game to show y'all my skills. I know Faerun more than well enough to run it. Hell, I could probably make any character work, as long as they fit withing the possibilities of the land. Plus, my bard needs more levels.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 pm

You make an interesting enough RP, get enough people to vote and be interested it, active enough to manage yet, then go for it.

I've already said my peace on this matter. You want to GM despite it, then go for it.

Postby Sentios » Thu May 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Be more patient in general Bel, just look at me I've only ever suggested 2 RPs in the entire time I've been here. One was a casual freeform RP/practice RP that a few people liked enough to get voted in (but quickly didn't post in) and the other was one the SNS one that nobody was interested in at all. It sucks, but being overeager and trying to convince people as to why they should want to be in your RP isn't going to get you very far.

As said above build an interesting enough sounding RP and people will come.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Tenshi Nova » Fri May 02, 2014 5:05 am

Again, you don't have to actually GM to gain GM experience. Reread! :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing