Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Tuor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:50 pm

Randori wrote:
Dorian wrote:But she disappeared, to the shock of no one.

I was shocked she left! >.>'

That just shows how new you are
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Yup, still a noob here.
The Kid

Postby Tuor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm

Well not really, but newer
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Belwicket » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:26 pm

I'm not as much a noob as I used to be. Kaze's a new guy but, from his creativity, he's definitely not a noob.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:27 pm

A noob is an annoying new person, or annoying inexperienced person. A newb is someone who is new at something.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Dorian » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Belwicket wrote:I'm not as much a noob as I used to be. Kaze's a new guy but, from his creativity, he's definitely not a noob.

Nobody asked.
Never asked for this

Postby Sentios » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Asmodai wrote:I tried roleplayersguild, but it moved so insanely fast... One blink and the RP you were in was suddenly on page 3 (dramatization, but it does move really fast)

Like the golden age of snafu or do you meant the whole thread was on page 3?

Also

No one ever wrote:I was shocked she left! >.>'

Tuor wrote:Well not really, but newer

New enough not to know the habits of all the old veterans is what you mean to say.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Tuor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Mhmm, exactly
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Exodis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Well I'm still learning, damn it.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:50 pm

That's good. Keep doing that.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Exodis » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:07 pm

You're gosh darn right I'm gonna keep doin' that, son.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Roleplayersguild had less posts per page and allowed you to make smaller posts though, so it's not too surprising it sped along.

I couldn't stick with it either though, just couldn't connect with anyone really there and didn't get much satisfaction out ot if.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:23 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:allowed you to make smaller posts though, so it's not too surprising it sped along.

Haha, is there a post length minimum here I'm not aware of?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:11 pm

Bel sure is fucked if there is one.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Asmodai » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:26 pm

Sentios wrote:
Asmodai wrote:I tried roleplayersguild, but it moved so insanely fast... One blink and the RP you were in was suddenly on page 3 (dramatization, but it does move really fast)

Like the golden age of snafu or do you meant the whole thread was on page 3?

The whole thread.

There are no rules regarding to posting threads, so if you had an idea, you could just fling it on there and see if there were any takers. It was chaotic in the bad sense.
Mephobiac

Postby Ro Wong » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:to make smaller posts though, so it's not too surprising it sped along.

Sentios wrote:Like the golden age of snafu

We...didn't really try too hard back then.

Edit for Asmo: Yeah, had that too. Idea Thread really changed things. Got a lot cleaner.
Demon of Elru

Postby Sentios » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Tuor wrote:Haha, is there a post length minimum here I'm not aware of?

There was never a true set minimum, but there was strong encouragement to have quality posts. A lot of people just assumed that wordy and quality were the same things.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Tuor » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:49 pm

True dat
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Karo » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:05 pm

It was assumed that posts should be at least more than one sentence, but that was it really. Most of us just wound up feeding off of each other as our writing improved.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 am

That's what I meant. Shorter, more to-the-point posts.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 am

Yah. Some do it still... I think. Sig can fire some short posts out.

I think the really cool thing about being in RPs like this, is that it exposes you to different writing styles of people. Some are good and great, others, well. We are all at our own level in things.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Sigment » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:25 am

Blood Lord wrote:Sig can fire some short posts out.

Usually when not much has happened across in the RP since my last one. They're all pretty short compared to what some of the others post. Scrambles can put out some pretty big ones.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 pm

I try to keep mine at least 3 lines on my screen.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:37 pm

In theory, I'd rather have characters take decisive action and move the game forward than spend pages navel gazing. I do occasionally still rattle off some pretty long ones in my own game, but I also have (had) two characters to control and lots of stuff to manage. It's nothing compared to what going on in the Dragon Age thread.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mathias » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Ro Wong wrote:Idea Thread really changed things. Got a lot cleaner.

I can't believe it's still the same Idea Board. Whotf is Gias, anyway?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing