Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:52 am

Maybe I should change to a Weeping Angel. lol jk.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Unit 06 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:22 pm

Rival wrote:With an Evangelion inspired profile, you'll get a larger benefit of the doubt from me than most newbies do.

Well, That's good I suppose? I was half torn between going as Kaworu or an EVA... You can see which I preferred.
Clone of Adam

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Yup.

Bored once again...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Unit 06 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:00 pm

So, any suggestions on a good roleplay?
Clone of Adam

Postby Tuor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:01 pm

There are only three right now
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Two X-men RPs, and the Dragon Age RP.

I believe I have the Dragon Age one moving a little fast than the others. Hana's X-men are in a bit of a stand by mod, and I'm not sure where the other one is at.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Unit 06 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:18 am

Hmmn. I see. The Dragon Age RP seems a bit further along than the other two, and it'd feel awkward to join an RP at that kind of stage...

I suppose I'll have to wait and see.
Clone of Adam

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:32 pm

My current idea is coming along, it'll be up soon-ish. Like, maybe today, it's just a matter of me getting motivated to write the last bits.

I was lying when I said it wouldn't have dice, though. I couldn't figure out any other way to randomize the results, and not having randomization in a conflict-heavy game feels so... Fatalistically deterministic.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Vegedus wrote:My current idea is coming along, it'll be up soon-ish. Like, maybe today, it's just a matter of me getting motivated to write the last bits.

I was lying when I said it wouldn't have dice, though. I couldn't figure out any other way to randomize the results, and not having randomization in a conflict-heavy game feels so... Fatalistically deterministic.

And what would this idea entail? Or do you mention it a few pages back?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Unit 06 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:25 pm

I've sprouted an idea for a potential RP, though I'd rather get settled in before trying anything.
Clone of Adam

Postby Archrival » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:06 pm

This is wise, because our system for RPs seems a little more complicated than simply putting whatever it is up as we like to vote stuff in because usually more votes = more interest. This is a good time for new stuff since there's only 3 going well right now and 2 are the same genre, I'd like something steampunk/magic/fantasy after having bought this recently:

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:13 pm

Archrival wrote:
Vegedus wrote:My current idea is coming along, it'll be up soon-ish. Like, maybe today, it's just a matter of me getting motivated to write the last bits.

And what would this idea entail? Or do you mention it a few pages back?

The contemporary world is ending. Everything is weird and dissolving. Fight to become the god of a new universe. Angst and kill your friends. Something like that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Unit 06 wrote:Hmmn. I see. The Dragon Age RP seems a bit further along than the other two, and it'd feel awkward to join an RP at that kind of stage...

I suppose I'll have to wait and see.

Pfft. That isn't a problem about how far we've gotten into it. Space is open right now and you can jump in whenever you want. Not major has happened yet.

Vegedus wrote:The contemporary world is ending. Everything is weird and dissolving. Fight to become the god of a new universe. Angst and kill your friends.

I like this idea.
Mercypostle

Postby Rival » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Unit 06 wrote:Well, That's good I suppose? I was half torn between going as Kaworu or an EVA... You can see which I preferred.

"A Kaworu is fine, too". I meant EVA the franchise, not EVA the mecha.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Hiroko » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:02 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
Vegedus wrote:The contemporary world is ending. Everything is weird and dissolving. Fight to become the god of a new universe. Angst and kill your friends.

I like this idea.

Seconded. Sounds interesting. ouo ...Although, that means killing off characters... D:
Poor things.
The Sentimental One

Postby Unit 06 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Rival wrote:
Unit 06 wrote:Well, That's good I suppose? I was half torn between going as Kaworu or an EVA... You can see which I preferred.

"A Kaworu is fine, too". I meant EVA the franchise, not EVA the mecha.

Mmh yeah, I knew what you meant. What's your thoughts on the most recent movie, if you've seen it?
Clone of Adam

Postby Belwicket » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 am

Would anyone here be against me borrowing someone else's idea from the other forum RP site I go to?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 am

As long as you get permission for the original author of the idea it's fine.
Hiroko wrote:Seconded. Sounds interesting. ouo ...Although, that means killing off characters... D:
Poor things.

It does. I've made some mechanics to ensure it happens in an orderly manner, though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sentios » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 am

Unit 06 wrote:Mmh yeah, I knew what you meant. What's your thoughts on the most recent movie, if you've seen it?

You mean Failure to Communicate, the motion picture?
Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Unit 06 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 am

Sentios wrote:
Unit 06 wrote:Mmh yeah, I knew what you meant. What's your thoughts on the most recent movie, if you've seen it?

You mean Failure to Communicate, the motion picture?

Indeed...

At least Kaworu didn't disappoint.
Clone of Adam

Postby Rival » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:37 am

I made two posts about it in the snafu section a few days ago. One spoiler free and one with spoilers, I'll quote both:

without spoilers, I wrote:It's pretty telling that none of the scenes from the preview of 3.0 that aired after the ending of 2.0 actually made it into 3.0 or 3.33.

Anno supposedly rewrote the entire third movie a few times, because he thought the original draft didn't address the problems currently facing Japan enough. Whatever that'd mean, might just be a rumour.

The 1st act dragged, the film had way too many new characters that didn't do much and it ended on a downer, but I thought 3.33 was quite a good movie. Not 2.22 level, but I thought it was cool. A lot of the twists are hard to judge at the moment, all will depend on how the final fourth film will handle things from here.

with spoilers, I wrote:   There's some very reasonable speculation that Anno pulled the timeskip so that he wouldn't have to share mechandise profits with Gainax, with which he's had a slow, but steady falling out. Thanks to the timeskip the vast majority of 3.33 related merchandise money, such as from Asuka's sugoi hat, goes solely to Khara (Anno's own studio).

I agree that storyline wise there was no reason for the timeskip. What bothered me the most was Wille not bothering to explain anything to Shinji. A simple explanation like "Your dad is trying to turn whole world into goo! We have some signs of activity from 01 so you may or may not have saved your girlfriend, but a braindead clone of your girlfriend works for Gendo, don't trust her." from anyone on the ship would've effectively averted everything bad that happened later on.

It's also pretty hypocritical of Misato to be so cold towards Shinji and put a freaking choker on him, when she herself pushed him on in 2.22 to perform the action that lead to the Third Impact.

Once Kaworu appeared in-front of Shinji the film got good, and had some cinematically very well executed scenes like the star watching dialogue and the Shogi game (fun fact Fuyutsuki tells Shinji he'll lose in 31 moves, Kaworu dies 31 minutes later). BUT it's the better part of the movie that has the plot holes:

1) Why wasn't Shinji opposed to Kaworu putting the choker on himself? He had to know Wille would very likely kill him.

2) Why were there two spears? It has been a part of NGE lore ever since the TV series, that only Longinus is functional and the other spear got destroyed during First Impact before humanity even existed .

3) What the fuck were those things that "failed to become Infinity" as Kaworu put it? They looked liked Evangelions, but their numbers suggest they had to be humans. Was it Lilith's progeny before humanity? Movie doesn't explain.

4) Why did Shinji ignore Kaworu asking him to stop, for 5 straight minutes, when he decided to take out the spears only because of him in the first place?

The real life reason for Asuka not aging in 3.33, is not wanting to antagonize the Otaku fanbase, which buys all the merchandise, 28 year old Asuka would likely not sit well with them. The fan-wank explanations for the "curse of EVA" are either 1. Consequence of being exposed to LCL for years or 2. Consequence of Asuke being posessed by Bardiel in 2.22.   

Asuka's sugoi hat, linked due to spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/FdLNkf7.png
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Unit 06 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 am

I do agree, although I think a 28-year-old Asuka would be hot... But that's just me.

I'm unsure as to how it will all come to a close, given the preview to 4.0 didn't show that much besides one EVA versus a couple hundred thousand green EVA that resembled 06. But yeah, So long as the action scenes are intensely amazing and the OST is nice, I'm content.
Clone of Adam

Postby Rival » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I think the direction of the plot changed so much when they did 3.33, that they have no idea where 4.44 will go themselves. They probably come up with stuff from scratch. Anno might want to make another TV series down the line, since the movies were far more successful than anyone anticipated.
Unit 06 wrote:I do agree, although I think a 28-year-old Asuka would be hot... But that's just me.

Clearly loli Asuka is the way to go:

Somewhat NSFW
http://i.imgur.com/fQJo06L.jpg

Postby Vegedus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:19 pm

Japan

Wat R U Doin

Japan

Stahp!

Really, applies to their last thirty years.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Eh, like 98% of Japanese stuff I enjoy was produced in those 30 years.

Also, >implying pixiv's loli versions of iconic characters aren't awesome.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing