Switch to full style
As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.
Post a reply

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sat May 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Yeah, I remember Spruce. Sometimes he was cool, but he was also kinda lame.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 12:18 am

Hey, SM, I'm Bel, probably the least-liked person in the forums. But I'm improving, hoping to make some new friends out of people who used to hate me.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 3:48 am

Spruce Moose wrote:Yeah, I remember Spruce. Sometimes he was cool, but he was also kinda lame.

And then he left us for Belgian Congo:

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 2:47 pm

Hey there Bel. clean slate with me, you is what you is right here and now, no worries yet.

Rival wrote:
Spruce Moose wrote:Yeah, I remember Spruce. Sometimes he was cool, but he was also kinda lame.

And then he left us for Belgian Congo:


Yeah man, it took me 17 minutes to get there, but once you're in that Belgian Congo it's harder than it looks to get out. Heckuva journey it's been.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Spruce Moose wrote:Hey there Bel. clean slate with me, you is what you is right here and now, no worries yet.

Alienating in 3... 2... 1...

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 5:41 pm

Now let's be fair, so long as he doesn't start up an RP and she then wants to join and that whole arduous CS thing starts up, it'll be fine.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Very funny, MQ.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 pm

And I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

In other news, Iron Man 3 was great. May will also yield Star Trek 2 and Will Smith's After Earth (I think).

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 am

Blood Lord wrote:In other news, Iron Man 3 was great.

I'll take that with a grain of salt. American Internet posters hyped me for the 1st Iron-Man movie, and when I saw it I thought it was decent, but nothing special. Although this one has the Mandarin, which is a plus.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 am

Rival wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:In other news, Iron Man 3 was great.

I'll take that with a grain of salt. American Internet posters hyped me for the 1st Iron-Man movie, and when I saw it I thought it was decent, but nothing special. Although this one has the Mandarin, which is a plus.

I felt it was the Iron Man equivalant of The Dark Knight.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 am

Iron-Man 3 or the first movie? You almost surely mean Iron-Man 3, but you quote my entire post so I can't be 100% certain.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 10:30 am

Oh, Iron Man 3 was great. My favorite of the series so far, except I haven't seen the Avengers.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Rival wrote:Iron-Man 3 or the first movie? You almost surely mean Iron-Man 3, but you quote my entire post so I can't be 100% certain.

Iron Man 3 of course.

Bel: Watch it, NOW.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Like Arch said Iron Man 3 was cool. Nothin' special, really.

Bell, watch The Avengers ASAP. That movie's damn amazing!

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 7:53 pm

I want to!

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Rival wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:In other news, Iron Man 3 was great.

I'll take that with a grain of salt. American Internet posters hyped me for the 1st Iron-Man movie, and when I saw it I thought it was decent, but nothing special. Although this one has the Mandarin, which is a plus.

imho, it depends on what you are looking for. If you've been judgmental on the movies based on their comparison to the comics, well prepare to be utterly disappointed. I thought it was pretty good, and had a couple of really nice twists that shook things up. This guy really nailed how I felt with the movie.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Iron-Man-3

Randori wrote:Like Arch said Iron Man 3 was cool. Nothin' special, really.

wat?

He compared it to the Dark Knight. That was one of the best Batman movies.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

One of?

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 pm

True, THE best.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Mon May 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I felt it was better than number 2 and certainly better than number 1, my reasoning is that they've reached a good point in writing the characters so this is almost like the peak, much like The Dark Knight was before the decline/ending in Dark Knight Rises.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 am

Tuor wrote:One of?

I'd personally totally go with "one of". TDK is largely carried by Ledger's brilliant Joker portrayal, but stuff like Batman as a character or Gotham as a city of living grim hopelessness was handled better in '89 Batman and Begins. The much loved questioning scene, is entirely Ledger's acting, Bale's Batman comes across as a "stooge" rather than "heroic guy who can't get the info he wants"

The 3rd act of TDK is very wierdly paced and plodding. I also can't for the life of me understand having a movie with Two-Face and a plot with two boats one with "good" people and one with "evil" people where the point is that the division between good and evil is arbitrary, and not have it as a Two-Face plot. That's tailor made for Two-Face.

Then there's stuff like why leave Joker unhandcuffed with just one police officer, when there were two or three of them immediately outside the cell? Why have Lau in the same building as the Joker and his thugs? How did Joker plant enough explosives to blow-up a hospital, in such a short amount of time and no one noticed until he announced it via phone? The way the explosion took place, it seemed live every 2nd room had explosives. I also found Dent's curruption the way it happened completely unconvincing especially the "Joker's just a mad dog" reasoning, if he bended the coin toss rules for Maroni, he would have done it for the Joker, even a nutjob would do so.

Of course some of the stuff in the '89 Batman movie ages horribly, but it's not a movie that has a stated aim of realism. Besides, the movie is 24 years old, in 2032 stuff from TDK like the Batpod chase scene, a mobile phone network as an echolocator and the ham-handed Joker=terrorism Batman=American administration analogy will age very badly, too. I think Begins will age much better than TDK.

Blood Lord wrote:imho, it depends on what you are looking for. If you've been judgmental on the movies based on their comparison to the comics, well prepare to be utterly disappointed. I thought it was pretty good, and had a couple of really nice twists that shook things up. This guy really nailed how I felt with the movie.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Iron-Man-3


Archrival wrote:I felt it was better than number 2 and certainly better than number 1, my reasoning is that they've reached a good point in writing the characters so this is almost like the peak, much like The Dark Knight was before the decline/ending in Dark Knight Rises.

I'll keep your opinions in mind, guys.

EDIT

Oh. wait a sec moviebob, I'm really not fond of the guy. I still watched the review you've linked, but eh. More 9/11 referencing and Mandarin described as a mixture of Bin Laden and Kim Jong-il does not sound good.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 10:09 am

I'm not going to argue with you about it because I doubt we'll ever agree.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 am

Tuor wrote:I'm not going to argue with you about it because I doubt we'll ever agree.

Yep. Tastes differ. I wasn't really trying to convince anyone, I was just pointing out that TDK=best Batman movie isn't something a reasonable person can't disagree with. I realize it's the most common opinion.

Besides I did like TDK, my post might suggest otherwise since I focused on the negatives.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 10:23 am

Mkay.

"I'm not trying to convince anyone, but if you don't agree you're not a reasonable person"

Also, a lot of your issues with the movie seem to have been explained in the movie, at least well enough for most people. As for your characterization problems it, I never read any of the comics or anything, so I don't have beef with how anyone was represented, so *shrug*

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 10:28 am

I actually prefer the Jack Nicholson Joker to Heath Ledger's Joker. He felt more like the Joker I know and love from the old TV show and the comics.

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 am

That's fair, I mean, I never watched any Batman cartoons or tv shows or read any of the comics, so I only had a vague idea what any of the characters are supposed to be like
Post a reply