Switch to full style
As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.
Topic locked

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 pm

CrimsonJack wrote:I would doubtlessly check it out. Been eager to start roleplaying again, been making too many OCs so I need some where to test them out. You have my vote Math.

Go for it man. I want to see what you have.

Also, if you have any "real-life" friends, or friends on other sites that would be interested, invite them to join the site so they can play with us.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 pm

I'll assume that you're referring to me. I've invited friends here in the past and their stays were incredibly brief. I will put up the idea in the appropriate thread.

Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:10 pm

Well, more like Crimson, but yeah, you too. I wanna see what u gots.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:12 am

There's not much of a solid reason for new people to show up and the kinds of people who are around are kinda too myriad to support an RP community.

Plus, most people who used to be around have responsibilities and such nowadays, so... all that jazz.

It was a pretty slow and prolonged struggle but the activity on this forum's been in a pretty reliable slope downwards for a long time. I mean, ultimately the biggest issue is the forum used to be big because much more of the site was active. Now very few of comics are updated and most of the stuff is defunct, really. The forum's too large for the audience it can bring in. You could nuke all the forums outside of Bleedman and it'd probably be able to handle any activity generated by new users thereafter.

There's of course the remaining groups like us or spam, but honestly people would either keep in touch via social media or find another forum to hang out at or just accept it if such a thing happened, I think. We're hanger ons without much affiliation with the main site that the forum is supposedly attached to.

That's a pretty big topical rift and lack of direction for a forum to suffer, especially in a time now where I'm pretty sure most people use forums less than they ever have before.

I hate to be negative though, lol. As a thought though, it might be appropriate to just throw caution to the wind and remove even the rule that RP's should have to be voted in, and let people just make threads directly. I'm sure there'll be piles of 1 digit post wonders but maybe something'll stick, lol. But I'm not sure this would address the essential problem that real life factors means the forum necessarily bleeds active posters with no source for new users.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:52 am

But then if we do happen to get an influx of new posters and then try to re-implement the voting rule, then there will be butthurt. Though this is a highly unlikely scenario, I just like to play devil's advocate.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:04 am

Well I think there should be some kind of sub-clause if you implement a new No-Voting rule. Because you could have one person suddenly spawn 20 some RPs and technically he'd not be breaking any rules.

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:17 am

Silly BG, that would require people actually coming here

Besides, when's the last time some newbie just came in and started a thread?

On the other hand, it wouldnt really help to remove that rule either, seeing as there's almost nobody here anymore. Might as well post it in the idea thread and see if you can get some feedback on it before posting the OOC thread.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 am

Sigh... I've been coming to this forum for... what, 7 years? And things are ending it appears. Unless there is a sudden influx of forumers.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 am

Lol, its always the darkest before the morning.

Just wait and be patient. The best you can do (besides continuing to show up) is get some of your friends and people you know joining the site.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 am

BG07 wrote:Well I think there should be some kind of sub-clause if you implement a new No-Voting rule. Because you could have one person suddenly spawn 20 some RPs and technically he'd not be breaking any rules.

We could do what some other forums do and implement a different rule that instead limits the amount of active RPs you're allowed to have at any given time (what is defined as an "active" RP versus a dead or abandoned RP would have to be up to debate). Perhaps a limit of four threads (2 RP's/IC's and 2 corresponding OOC's for those RP's), at which point you're not allowed to have more than four on the first page? Or something along those lines.

That way it still at least encourages that some thought be put into the RPs, and the Idea Thread can still serve as a place to suggest ideas in order to get feedback from people before deciding on creating the RP or scrapping the idea in favor of a better one.

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Blood Archon wrote:get some of your friends and people you know joining the site.

http://plonq.org/up/5137c66449e97.jpg

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm

I've been to a few sites with RP threads included and these seem to be the hardest to keep going.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 am

It's not hard, it's just time, numbers and effort.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:56 am

Uh, if I may comment, I like you guys. It's a fun community. I'll be sad if you all disappear.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:05 am

Oh hi stranger

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in to see how the forum was going. Looks like it's winding down :( What has everyone been up to?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:41 am

Hanging around, taking care of family, and still keeping an eye on the old place. Still love Xenogears and Id/Fei.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm

Oh hey, lyca! How's it going?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm

lyca wrote:Hey guys. I just wanted to drop in to see how the forum was going. Looks like it's winding down :( What has everyone been up to?

Everyone who was ever really active has wandered away. Come back to us lyca, be part of the solution not the problem. ;)

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:21 am

Should Hana be lurking without logging in, I just wanted to wish her a Happy Birthday in the thread she's most likely to read.

So in case you read this, Happy Birthday Hana!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 am

I liked Hana.

Happy birthday Hana.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:09 am

Happy Hana day.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Hana! Happy Birthday to the Hana, wherever she may be.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Hi everyone ^. .^. It's nice to come and visit some old friends. And happy Birthday Hana, you were always lovely.

Sentios wrote:
Everyone who was ever really active has wandered away. Come back to us lyca, be part of the solution not the problem. ;)

I'm sure I'll come by again. What Games are still up? Are any of the RPs going strong? If things are as vacant as they look, I assume a lot of the younger kids are gone, just leaving us old farts.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:02 pm

I'm too tired to keep trying. Sorry, I'll always be here but I've given up.

Anyway, hi lyca! Nice to see you! And happy Birthday Hana!
Topic locked