Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Morpheus » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Try not to take things too personally there.
We don't really mean everything we say.

Postby Dorian » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Grey wrote:hello rp

i was just readin through the mod forum backlogs when i came across the thread about when i made that troll rp thing

now, i'm not going to apologize because i think it was hilarious and the way people like geo and cascade got butthurt was magnificent

i am, however, going to assure you that i will just not bother you guys because i can't be arsed. i have nothin against any of ya, you were just perfect targets at the time and you reacted exactly the way i'd have hoped. you guys have to appreciate a good troll, right? it's not like i was just spamming all your game threads with bullshit, that's boring.

i'm really not a bad guy if you got to know me. i'm, like, the coolest.

that's why i'm a mod now: because i'm the best

Nobody cares about or remembers this, so you're fine. I don't, at least.
Never asked for this

Postby Archrival » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm

Geomancer wrote:That's like telling a chronic depressive to 'cheer up'. Any real advice?

Ironic that you actually are one? Or at least remember saying you were.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Doctress Who » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Geomancer wrote:That's like telling a chronic depressive to 'cheer up'. Any real advice?

Remember that when your friends and family tell you you smell, tease you or pull pranks on you they are not trying to be vindictive.
Spam is just that big brother who pokes fun at you because he can and its hilarious, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you.
deep down.
When your family tells you you smell, you don't run off and cry.
You tell them they smell back.
And then everyone laughs at themselves and each other.
Hiryu: Doc's bag is a portal. She's actually from another dimension and when she jumped into it, she ended up at a desk with a browser open on this site. That's how she found it.
We have a Doctor Who thread now. Doctor Who threads are cool.
Time Lady

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:47 pm

I think he should just be less of a baby and stop taking any vaguely negative thing as an insult to his pride and dignity or whatever, lol
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Belwicket » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Doctress Who wrote:

Remember that when your friends and family tell you you smell, tease you or pull pranks on you they are not trying to be vindictive.
Spam is just that big brother who pokes fun at you because he can and its hilarious, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love you.
deep down.

I wish my family was like that.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Jay » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Oh, hey, you changed your name.

Postby Tuor » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Haha, it was changed a while ago
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Archrival » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Jay wrote:I think he should just be less of a baby and stop taking any vaguely negative thing as an insult to his pride and dignity or whatever, lol

He's a chronic depressive, that's gonna be pretty much impossible since those guys see that glass as pretty much drunk dry and then smashed on their head.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Hiryu » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Stereotyping, guess we'll always do that.
ImageImageImage
GET A LOAD OF THIS
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:26 pm

ok me and rp can be good friends now i'm just makin sure

the debate at the time seemed very heated in the mod forum with a lot of mods calling for me to be banned, so i just wanted to clear the air

breathe in that nice clear air
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby BeeAre » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Doctress Who wrote:

deep down.

you really are fluttershy, jesus shit doctress.

also, Dorian? I was completely serious. If you want to be a mod, I will mod you again. If you don't care, that's fine, but you're discussing an awful lot about what you don't care about. You were a good mod with good tenure, then stopped, and if you want to have input, your input will be legitimately considered.

New boss ain't same as old boss, brudski. I WILL listen to you if you think I've committed a Grivous sin.

I'm not trolling you. I won't do that to you, because we're not in Spam. If we were in spam, I would run around yelling DICKBALLS with asterisks around that comment to indicate it as an action--which I think is where the center of the tension of RP and Spam lies: the modernized use of asterisks to denote action online as opposed to pure prose. Also the complete disregard for organization.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:33 am

lol, he already said he doesn't come enough to even be a mod. That doesn't mean he doesn't care enough to make suggestions, it means what it says; he's not here enough to be a mod, by his own measure.

Won't stop him from commenting on an important issue regarding a forum he still holds some nostalgia for during the odd times he IS here.

So let's just drop that part of the discussion lol

Postby Princess » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:41 am

Tbh, Grey is really cool. I met him in person and he's seriously the, and I don't even really use this word but, chill guy you'd probably ever meet. Didn't feel uncomfortable around him at all, and he made it seem like it was a normal thing to meet up with internet people, haha.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:47 am

Really? I forgot entirely, but apparently I was important enough to be mentioned by name here. I dunno, I just come on once in a while and delete the usual spam bot thread. My b if I deleted your RP by accident, Grey, since nothing much happens here these days.

Oh, yeah the gold thing, I dun care.
FUKKATSU

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:51 am

Stuff wrote:Tbh, Grey is really cool. I met him in person and he's seriously the, and I don't even really use this word but, chill guy you'd probably ever meet. Didn't feel uncomfortable around him at all, and he made it seem like it was a normal thing to meet up with internet people, haha.

It's pretty normal to meet internet people, tbh. Just do it responsibly, in a setting where backing out isn't too hard, and during the day at a public venue that's somewhat busy.

Coffee, casual lunch, even fast food works.

Postby Dorian » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:52 am

BeeAre,

It's not that I don't care at all. Like I said, I've been around this forum a long time so I have some affinity for it, but ultimately I think you guys are free to do as you please. I'm not going to get genuinely angry or upset as long as the choices you're making are, in your opinion, in the best interest of the forum. I find the discussion interesting either way.

Also I'm sorry I implied that your becoming an admin was stupid. Clearly I don't really know you very well and my opinions were based on relatively brief interactions or impressions from other posts.

Regarding RP vs Spam? I honestly don't know much about that. I don't really consider myself a part of RP so much as just a part of this forum. I may be technically most active here but I posted pretty much everywhere if something interested me. My dislike for Spam was personal and not out of some strange gang-related grudge or turf war or something.

I'm not a fan of "randomness". That's not funny to me. And that's kind of what Spam lived off of.

I think whatever happened between the subsections came about because both had very different ideas of how to waste their time. RP wants to play pretend, which some people find stupid. Spam wants to spout nonsense or not be constrained by single topics, which some people find stupid. In the end it's kind of a silly thing to get worked up about either way.

If everyone on both ends wants to bury that hatchet then that's cool. However Spam's sense of humor will probably always be pretty different from my own so I can't say I'll ever really "like" it.

As far as becoming a mod again, well it's pretty much like Jay said, I don't feel I'm around enough to warrant the position anymore, even if I do care about forum issues or changes. I stepped down because I was pretty vocal in saying inactive people shouldn't keep mod status so when I considered my attendance sparse enough to be 'inactive' then it would have been hypocritical to keep it.

I mean, if you honestly think the forum would benefit from having me as a mod again even if I only really pop in once a month or so (this activity these past few days has been an exception) then I suppose I wouldn't mind having the position back. I just couldn't really promise that I'd be around to take care of reports or ban bots or whatever.

Also Grey is pretty cool even if he has bad taste in music.
Never asked for this

Postby Cascade » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:54 am

It should be evident from any discussion I've had with any of the mods back in the old days that I never really wanted a spam forum to exist in the first place, so I just ignored it until it became inconvenient, then deleted whatever came from there to here. Dislike or butthurt never really came into it.

Well, you all know that I never thought much of a mod position. Though some people might find it nice to have their name in color, I see it as being a janitor. All I did was clean up Spam and spambot threads without distinction, whatever was against the rules. It wasn't really until Hana came around that the idea of a mod being something bigger even came into the picture. I usually just deleted stuff without much warning.
FUKKATSU

Postby Princess » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:13 am

Jay wrote:
Stuff wrote:Tbh, Grey is really cool. I met him in person and he's seriously the, and I don't even really use this word but, chill guy you'd probably ever meet. Didn't feel uncomfortable around him at all, and he made it seem like it was a normal thing to meet up with internet people, haha.

It's pretty normal to meet internet people, tbh. Just do it responsibly, in a setting where backing out isn't too hard, and during the day at a public venue that's somewhat busy.

Coffee, casual lunch, even fast food works.

It kinda just happened because I was going to London with a friend, and asked Grey and Doctress if they would meet up, which they both did. We just went to a random bar close to the area where me and my friend were doing touristy stuff (we were about to go on a Jack the Ripper tour.). So if both were to back out, we were going to be in the area, anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. It was nice, though. Even my friend had no problems with meeting up with them. Also ended up meeting Lily, now Riz, in July.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:24 am

Meeting online people's cool.

I feel I'm qualified to say this as someone who's met like, 50+ online people the past few years, lol

Just gotta know how and where to do it, and a good sense of whether it's worth keeping or if it's better off to just cut it off quick.

Postby Riz » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:43 am

Stuff and I had a blast. she was the first girl from the internet I'd met up with and yet my boobs STILL got grabbed.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Sentios » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:21 am

Riz wrote:Stuff and I had a blast. she was the first girl from the internet I'd met up with and yet my boobs STILL got grabbed.

This is exactly like my anime.

But I don't meet people, I barely leave my house and I certainly don't go to bars. But if anyone comes to my part of Ohio (don't come to Ohio, there's nothing to see here) we can go out fishing or something.

And now this discussing is reminding me of that old RP forum meet up we could never get worked out.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Jay » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:59 am

Too young, too poor. There's no way it could actually happen lol

Postby Mathias » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:09 am

I've driven through Ohio on my way to Michigan (don't go to Michigan, there is nothing to see there).

Postby Sentios » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Jay wrote:Too young, too poor. There's no way it could actually happen lol

Well yes, that's easy to see in hindsight (and some of us knew better then as well) but I was just bringing it up.

Mathias wrote:I've driven through Ohio on my way to Michigan (don't go to Michigan, there is nothing to see there).

You never actually arrived in MIchigan, it was all an illusion. You're still in Ohio even now but just don't realize it.

Wizard Status. 5 more years

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing