Pokemon - Scars of Hoenn OOC - CLOSED

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Pokemon - Scars of Hoenn OOC - CLOSED

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:42 am

It has been a decade since Team Rocket tipped the balance of power in its favor and took over Kanto. After a successful theft of the plans for the Master Ball, the organization became an unstoppable force with a captured Mewtwo under its thumb, until the Elite Four of Kanto took it upon themselves to destroy all factories and traces of the Master Ball’s design, sacrificing themselves in the process. However, the damage had been done, and Team Rocket, with its now-unimaginable cache of resources from its control of Mewtwo, plunged the region into a spiral of social and economic darkness that took hold of both Johto and the Kanto regions. The entire region functions, as if normal, but hand of Team Rocket can be seen in everything from the Pokemon Centers, which, in the Kanto-Johto region, need to pay money to use, to the very League that has been built up for so long.

In Hoenn, the battles that took place between Team Aqua and Team Magma shook the entire region – and the three legendary pokemon that proceeded to exact vengeance upon both sides, and the innocents in between. Hoenn became a scar upon the world, devoid of all traces of humanity and only traveled by the most daring or foolhardy trainers.

Sinnoh has remained relatively untouched – Team Galactic’s plans to rewrite the world were thwarted by the then-Sinnoh Champion Cynthia, who has since been forcibly retired due to her sudden disappearance.

Now, three years later after the disastrous events that left Hoenn a virtual wasteland, devoid of any landmarks or distinguishable human traces, trouble is beginning to stir in the horizon once more. Stars have begun to disappear, and natural forces have started to fall into a deadly, capricious chaos. No one knows the meaning for this, and any who may have seen a glimpse of an azure flute being played before the incarnation of destruction descended upon them have not lived to tell the tale.

You are an established trainer in this forsaken world, and have taken it upon yourself to search for the meaning behind this destruction and chaos. Glory, redemption, destruction, truth – whatever your motive, you will find it, but will the hardships and sacrifices you and your team have to endure be worth it?

The FIRST RULE
1. Please read through ALL of the other rules.

General Rules

1. Though this rpg begins in the Sinnoh region, your character may be from any of the known regions, and will have traveled to most – if not all – of the other regions, barring Hoenn. The Sevii Islands, being so far geographically from Kanto, will be referred to as a region somewhat of their own; however, they will have the same starters and pokemon as the Kanto region. Please give your characters a legitimate reason to be in the Sinnoh region in their bio’s.

2. No player may create more than ONE (1!!) trainer. However, there is no limit on characters that are side characters/trainers – your character’s parents or siblings, for example. Generic characters, such as Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, or the like, will be shared. Keep in mind that the only other trainers of your strength or above will be other players.

3. When a pokemon dies, it dies. No phoenix down, no revives. There are other ways to bring them back to life, but you may or may not even come across these EVER, nor will these ways be willing to undo what was done, for your sake only. So keep that in mind.

4. Most of the main characters from the anime/manga do not exist; with the ones that do, however, it is very unlikely you’ll be meeting them, given how large the world is, and they will be played by the GM as NPC’s (The Elite Four’s, the Gym Leaders (excluding Gary – Viridian is still lead by Giovanni, who only pops around at uncertain times to maintain the façade), and the Champions are still around). Hoenn Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Champion are all dead, as far as you know, as they gave their lives sealing Groudon, Rayquaza, and Kyogre and preventing them from doing to the world what they did to Hoenn.

5. There are pokemon trainers with extraordinary abilities – psychics are the best examples of this. This option is UNAVAILABLE to characters. However, affinity for certain pokemon, such as Lance’s affinity for dragon-types, may be allowed, given good reason.

6. When posting IC, do NOT make references to specific number-based aspects of pokemon, such as ‘level 57’, ‘252 Attack Evs’, and so on. While they may be important in the games, using them anywhere else just makes for bad writing. This also holds true for attacks to some extent; instead of saying ‘Golem used Seismic Toss,’ describe the effects of the attack instead – ‘Golem grabbed the Breloom by it’s arms from behind and began swinging it around and around, going faster and faster until its features could hardly be seen. Then, suddenly, it let go, sending the Breloom flying into the stadium wall with enough force to crack it.’ It is perfectly acceptable for trainers to call out for their pokemon to use certain attacks, however (ex. “Golem, use Seismic Toss!”). Natures are stupid and will not be a factor; IV’s might, but you sure as hell won’t get Ash’s Pikachu in IV’s.

8. The character's main team must be posted. If applicable, a trainer is allowed up to FOUR 'alternate' pokemon, which are pokemon that the trainer owns and battles with, but are not a part of his/her main team and are not regularly carried around by the trainer. Members of the main team may be substituted by an alternate at any time the player wishes, through PC exchange, but the six-pokemon limit for a team remains in place.

9. Player characters are susceptible - perhaps even more so than Pokemon - to Pokemon attacks, which can, yes, be deadly. Also, your character's abilities as a trainer are up to his own ingenuity. During non-league sanctioned or friendly battles, the last thing you want to do is sit around waiting for your opponent to bring out his Pokemon so you can glare at each other for a while before calling out attacks. In this RP, Pokemon are a means, not an end, anymore. And yes, that means we're no longer in the anime.

Rules for Pokemon Teams

1. In the interest of fairness, NO PLAYER will be allowed more than ONE pseudo-legendary pokemon on their team, should they choose to have one – frankly, this is here because in a world point of view, training a pseudo will have taken most of your career. ALSO NO ONE is allowed a legendary pokemon captured; legendary pokemon regulate certain functions of reality and their capture would be disastrous to the world.

2. Pokemon will be allowed to know a total of SEVEN moves instead of the regular four – however, if a player wishes their pokemon to know fewer than seven moves, this is acceptable. Please note that a pokemon may not have more than one type of Hidden Power, as this is based on genetics, and that it will not be specifically referred to with it’s type at the end, simply as ‘Hidden Power’ rather than, for example, ‘Hidden Power Ice.’ Also, note that Hidden Power does not exist with the Normal type.

3. No more than SIX pokemon may be carried around by a single player at once. However, if your character has settled down somewhat and no longer travels, they are allowed to keep all their pokemon with them, so long as they never travel or battle with any more than six. The other pokemon a character has caught, but does not carry around, are kept at the lab of the professor from the region they are from (Sevii Islands/Orange Islands (they will be ret-conned, kinda, into the same place) pokemon go to Professor Oak).

4. A pokemon’s description in the pokedex will have a lot more impact here than it does in the games, etc. For instance, Alakazam is hard to train not just because it evolves a certain way, but because it has an IQ of 5000. They are smarter than supercomputers, and are smarter than you. This does not mean that they are impossible to train, you just need a convincing reason to have been able to do so. Other quirks for other pokemon apply; be sure to read up and add these as small details to your bio if you need explanation for anything.

5. It is STRONGLY recommended that your character has all the means of travel available to him - particularly Fly or its substitutes (Arcanine, for instance, can actually run faster than a Skarmory can fly. True facts.)

Other Rules

1.Keep it civil. If something happens that doesn’t seem right to you, or you spot someone making a universe-specific error, go ahead and point it out. That’s what the OOC board is for. Just don’t bite someone’s head off in the process.

2. Pokemon RPG’s, as has been pointed out numerous times, are particularly susceptible to player fall-out – one player loses interest, the whole party does. While I will try to keep this from happening by moving things along, please communicate with me frequently and do not be afraid to tell me you are leaving so I can move things along in-game. I will put a maximum FIVE DAY wait on any one character’s post. If I do not see the post, or hear from the player, until then, that character will be ret-conned and a spot will be opened up.

Character Sheet Format

Name: (Preferably along the English translation vein.)
Age: (Up to you, really, but I’m putting a minimum at 16, given your “established trainer status”. Of course, you can forego that right and be a lower-leveled Bug-Catcher or a Youngster, but I somehow doubt that will be a popular choice.)
Appearance: (Nothing unusual here. Keep in mind that the Pokemon world is a slightly futuristic society, though.)

Trainer Philosophy: (Are Pokemon just tools? Comrades? Friends? Emergency rations? Each trainer has one – what makes your trainer special?)

History: (Here I’d like to see some creativity. We can have a group of Pokemon trainers who have been training since the age of .5 and lost their parents in the Hoenn Scarring that made them all thirst for revenge and all the other stuff that made Uchiha Sasuke a new cliché. Or we can have a group of extremely diverse trainers from different parts of the Pokemon world who have had rich, fulfilling experiences with their Pokemon, and are brought together by fate to try and save…well, you get the picture. Please be awesome, and don’t forget to mention your starter, as well as some of the more prominent members of your character’s team.)

Team: (No Levels, Stats, or Moves. I will trust, by your honor, that you will keep count of the number of different attacks that are used by your character’s Pokemon. Also, remember that you are an established trainer; you can have any Pokemon at any evolutionary stage, so long as they coincide with rules for teams.)
7. (Storage)
8. (Storage)
9. (Storage)
10. (Storage)

Last-minute Additions

There are only a limited number of spots - I'm thinking five or six at most. It's not on a first-come first-serve basis and more of a how-much-do-you-care basis, although I will give some priority to those who voted for the RP in the Idea thread.

Lastly, I'm sorry, but some knowledge of the Pokemon universe is a requirement here, although I'm sure this won't really be a problem, given where we are. But given the fact that I am basically going to be running a "end-game" style RP, it would be difficult if you were just starting out. If you are unsure, PM me and we'll discuss whether or not you've wasted enough of your life on imaginary cockfights like the rest of us.

New Section! World Information

This is here so that I can bring up any points or concerns any of the players may have had.

1. Kanto-Johto function as if normal. Your character could have gone through the entire region without noticing anything amiss. If your character is even a little perceptive, though, their hands can be seen in jacked up Pokemart prices or the fact that Pokemon Centers now require payment only in those two regions. A Team Rocket Elite Four exists, as well, and they control the entire League, from gyms to starter centers.

2. Sinnoh is functioning as if normal, but a new Champion will have just been crowned when the RP begins.

Current Characters/Players (Courtesy of Cheesemore)
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2594208#p2594208
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2594464#p2594464
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2594539#p2594539
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2594850#p2594850
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2595284#p2595284
http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2595980#p2595980
Last edited by Redsnow on Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: Pokemon - Scars of Hoenn OOC - Limited Open

Postby TheMaddness » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:49 am

RESERVE!
...me a consideration, i'll have a bio up soon.

Postby Archrival » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:14 am

Edit: More info added.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Eddie Clipse
Appearance:

Trainer Philosophy: Pokemon are friends as well as warriors a combination of love and soft discipline means that pokemon give you a loving respect. Eddie will fight for both the sake of man and pokemon, he's modern day hero of gold that wishes secretly to be a poke-cop using both pokemon and intellect to bring people to justice as well as a well deserved pokemon master.

History: Eddie was a normal kid like anyone else, mum was a pokemon coordinater contest winner and a pokemon spa owner while his father was a pokemon breeder, raised in Newbark town by his parents he was given at the age of six his starter pokemon which was a Snubbull who he named stumpy due to the pokemon's stubby small arms but the pokemon seemed to like the nickname and the two became good buddies, Eddie's father thought Eddie should become a trainer or a gym leader as to add variety to the family due to the nature of his parents involvment with pokemon Eddie thought this was a cool idea and Stumpy agreed as he wanted to become stronger and become a Snubbull, Stumpy didn't come with a pokeball though as Eddie's dad obtained him from a egg, so the pair set off into the world with a bag full of pokeballs, pokechow and a couple of potions.

The first main ecounter(s) they came accross was at a nearby honey farm where the local Combee keeper was having trouble controlling the combee due to a recent change in power with the arrival of a foreign Vespiqueen, Eddie and snubbull agreed to help, they soon found the vespiqueen deep in the honey forest but following a tough battle it seemed Snubbull wasn't upto the challenge, a onlooking Chikorita felt sorry for the poor trainer and decided to help, the combination of both Snubbull and Chikorita beat the Vespiqueen and Eddie captured it, the pair thanked the little chikorita but she wanted to join the pair on their adventure as she had a little crush on Stumpy so Eddie threw his pokeball at her and she willingly got captured, Eddie decided to nickname her Honey due to the adventure she had helped them on, they returned back to the Combee Keeper who rewarded the newly formed quartet with a buffet of honey assorted goodies, after that the rest set off on their journy.
After many encounters, many friends made or caught Eddie has become a high ranking trainer with many gym and trainer battles won, he currently owns all the Johto badges and 4 of the Kanto Badges, he has beaten the Johto Elite 4 as well, he has fought many team Rocket and thwarted many of their plans including one to blow up a power plant which could've brought the enitrety of Johto to it's knees, his Team rocket Rivals are a guy named Leon and a woman named Vena who fight with a Spinarak and a Forretress.

Team:
1. Stumpy (Granbull, Male, never stays in pokeball)
2. Honey (Meganium, Female)
3. Boomer (Exploud, Male)
4. Droplet (Vaporeon, Female)
5. Tremor (Rampardos, Male)
6. Scorch (Blaziken, Male)
7. Peach (Vespiqueen, Female, Storage)
8. Cross (Metang, A-sexual, Storage)
9. (Storage)
10. (Storage)
Last edited by Archrival on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:45 am

Hmm, I always loved pokemon as a youngster, all the way up to Gold/Silver/Crystal. I shall give it a shot, I always wanted to make a trainer of my own.

Be warned, some of my crew might be a bit cute/pretty. Blame me and my old girlish self who happened to just catch anything that would be useful, or anything cute. Misdreaveous[sp?] is on my tops.

Expect a CS soon...
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 am

TheMad: Well I can't guarantee a spot, I did say voters got some priority.

Arch: Yes, given that starters are not necessarily as rare as they were an business move by Nintendo to increase sales. Only one of those starters will be your starter though.

Sam: There are plenty of trainers who use cute/pretty pokemon to great advantage (Blue and Ruby from the Pokemon Special manga come to mind). How well they do will be up to you, not necessarily up to your Pokemon (although please refrain from using Rattata or Pidgey). Oh, and Misdreavus has an evolved form now. Just thought you should know.

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 pm

I know (played all the games), but I don't think I will be using it for storyline reasons ;D Also, there are no Pidgeys on my team so don't worry. There is a Togetic though. I'm debating weither to add in a Kirlia or a Gardevoir....possibly Kirlia, but my character should have enough experience to have a Gardevoir so...

It's hard choosing evolved forms xD
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Archrival » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Done.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:48 pm

Ah pokemon, such nice memories of grade school. I think I'll join this one (though I haven't paid much attention after gold/silver so most of my pokemon may be from Kanto/Johto region)
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Yeah, same here, I only have one from the Hoenn region xD
In passing

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:05 pm

WIP---- Still need to work on the History then I'm all set.
===================================================
Theme Song: DJ Sammy - "Castles in the Sky"

Name: Lalette (La-La) Graceland

Appearance:
One look at La-La and you can tell she's a girly girl. She's not that tall, only standing at a height of 5' 3 1/2", and she's really skinny, skinny enough to make it obvious she's on a diet. A well constructed diet if you ask me. Her skin is a soft shade of peach with a pink tint around the cheeks. She isn't exactly the most beautiful girl around, but she's pretty...and that's good enough for her. She sports strawberry blonde hair that reach just past her shoulders when left down and are known for being rather curly. She often puts it up in a ponytail, even going as far as braiding it, tying it with a red ribbon and such. Her bangs are grown long and when her hair is down is parted from the middle so her forehead would be visible, as well as her eyes which are a vibrant shade of green. Her eyes always have this curious look to them, a look that you expect to reflect a dreadfully curious young women. In fact, her wide, child-like eyes reflect her pretty nicely. She is always smiling. Thin lips, spread widely in a joyful smile, it's pretty hard to believe there was ever a time she was sad. It's sort of ridiculous, how happy this girl can be despite the situation, and it rubs off on her pokemon too. She even has dimples to match! Yes, this is quite the girly girl, and don't get me started on her clothes.

Her clothes consist of a pink, shortsleeved blouse with a heart printed on the chest, the end of it's sleeves, collar, and hem are embolded with light pink lace. The shirt's hem manages to reach a bit past the top of her skirt, which is a vibrant white held up by a light pink belt that holds her pokeballs and has a stylized white, crystaline buckle. Her skirt also has white lace on the end of it for the sake of continuity which match the lace of her blouse. On her feet she wears hiking boots that are a shade of light brown (since she travels to so many darn places), under these she wears pink, knee-high stockings with a pattern of many hearts to match the single heart on hear blouse. For outwear, she wears a sleeveless leather light brown jacket with a heart stitched in pink lace embolded on the back. On her head she often wears a cowgirl hat that is pink in color, a hat she refuses to take off except in special cases (like bed, or taking a bath). And of course, on her hands she wears light brown leather gloves made especially for ladies. Spoiled sport huh?

Trainer Philosophy:
"Pokemon have feelings too. You need to treat them that way. Think about how they would feel before you do something and make sure to shower them with love and happiness. Who knows, maybe they just might save you're life one day.

And besides, they're soooo cute! ....Well, most of them."

History:
La-La was born a valley girl in the Johto Region, smackdown in the city of Goldenrod, uptown where the well off folks lived. Her mother worked at the local flower shop, while her father worked at the radio station. As a child she was in the girl scouts for pokemon, a group of girl scouts who spent their days dedicated to prettying up the National Park so pokemon can have a beautiful home. When not tending the flowers they would often stop and rest, and play with the pokemon. La-La particular loved playing with the grass type pokemon, because quite simply, the were cute. Especially that Bellossom. It was so adorable with it cute little dance! In fact, an Oddish would soon become her starter pokemon, a gift given to her by her mother after an entire day of helping out in the flower shop. Aparently she thought La-La needed a companion. La-La named the Oddish "Petunia" after the flower shop her mother worked at. She would never dream the pokemon would save her life from a ghostly presence.

See, at night the girls would often camp out, you know, to enjoy nature? They would listen to the Hoothoot's hooting, watch Venonat from afar, or try to point out the webs of a Spinarak all while watching the stars. Little did they know a rather mischevious pokemon was hiding in the mists of the woods, a pokemon known as Misdreavus. Misdreavus, as many know, was a pokemon who took a certain liking towards scaring people at night while they are asleep. Fate would've had it that this Misdreavus felt like scaring La-La that night. Luckily, she had brought Petunia with her, so the pokemon could enjoy a day with other Oddish like her. If it weren't for Petunia, she would probably have been scarred for life, or atleast mentally. Just when the Misdreavus was about to Astonish La-La while she was going out to go to the bathroom (when you have to go, you have to go), when out of the blue (La-La still doesn't know why this happened) Petunia came out of her pokeball ready to defend her mistress. After a long and drawn out battle (not really), the wild Misdreavus fled into the night, and La-La never heard from her again.

...You would think that, but noooooo, the pokemon always comes back. After a few weeks La-La had become old enough to take her Oddish and go explore the world. Armed with five pokeballs, two potions, a Pokegear to keep in tuch with her parents, some pokechow to keep Petunia well feed, and some packed lunches for La-La (homemade), she set off for her very own pokemon adventure not knowing that the wild Misdreavus she encountered a couple weeks earlier was followinjg close behind. Of course, she didn't realize this until she reached Ilex Forest (she was heading towards Violet City for her first gym badge). While camping out in the forest for the night the mischevious pokemon took the oppurtunity to try and scare her again, but this time La-La was prepared. The lass challenged the wild Mischeavus for a battle making a deal with it in the process. "If I win you can't bother us anymore, but if you win you can stay with us for as long as you want!" Under normal circumstances, a trainer would try and catch this rare pokemon (it's rare in Johto), but La-La just wanted to travel in peace. Next thing you know, La-La is lost, and she was forced to let this pokemon follow her around (and eventually catch her). La-La, after a while, gave this Misdreavus the name "Raef" after observing the pokemon's rather nasty hobby to suck people's fear into it's crystal ball. La-La tried to teach this pokemon that it was not nice to scare people but thus far it had all been in vain. Petunia, siding with her mistress, has developed a fierce rivalry with the new member of the family, thinking Raef would turn on them or something like that. It was only when Raef helped them get out of the Union Cave that Petunia began to form even a slightest inch of respect for Raef.

Thus, her advenure had truely begun. La-La had several other encounters with pokemon, as well as encounters with an evil gang of crooks known as "Team Rocket", a gang that has taken a certain liking towards kidnapping her countless times only to be saved by some random passerby who just HAPPENED to be a pokemon trainer also. After awhile, La-La got sick of being saved, and ended up using her Oddish and Ledyba combined in order to escape, with Raef leading the way, just before another random trainer found her trying to save her butt. This trainer's name was Frank, a guy La-La kept on running into wherever she went, who owned a Totodile named Chomper (a pokemon who had become best buddies with Raef by the way). They eventually went on adventures together (so La-La would stop getting freakin' kidnapped all the time), Frank would challenge gym leaders, while La-La would care for the pokemon, challenging some gym leaders herself sometimes. Eventually she earned the Zephyr Badge, the Hive Badge, the Plain Badge (she had to fight her mother before battling the gym leader, an epic battle between her own Oddish and her mother's Vileplume, causing Petunia to evolve mid-battle), the Fog Badge (Raef won this one), and finally the Mineral Badge (Frank battled Chuck and got a Fly for it, he didn't want it because his pokemon could surf so he gave it to La-La who got medicine for the Ampharos at the Light House while he was busy fighting, and eventually helped heal the lightning pokemon and then defeated Jasmine, a stunt which Frank failed at the first time). In the process she obtained an egg from an old couple who runs a day care service after stopping to help them with some troubles (an egg which would later hatch into a Togepi which La-La would name "Happy"), and an Eevee given to her by a boy in Goldenrod who seemed to not want it anymore (which she would later evolve into a Flareon after she gave it a Fire Stone that she bought from the Goldenrod Department Store while buying a bunch of cute pokedolls in the process). She would also catch an Aipom who would often combine forces with Raef as the most mischevious combo yet. Eventually, after La-La defeated Jasmine, Frank and La-La got seperated. La-La wanted to go to Sinnoh so she could start a career as a Coordinator (as a little girl she would watch Pokemon Contests everyday, not to mention Jasmine suggested it after commenting on her Misdreavus' beauty), while Frank wanted to defeat the Elite Four and become Pokemon Champion. Since their dreams were so different, they had no choice but part ways and walk on their own paths, and so, La-La took the cruiseline to Sinnoh (and obtained a wounded Mantine in the process), where she would eventually catch a rather shy Ralts who appeared to her out of nowhere, all shy and confused. She couldn't resist the pokemon! Lady (the Ledyba remember, who had evolved to a Ledian since La-La captured her), and Bubbles (the Mantine) eventually went back to Professor Elm (they are doing quite well by the way), and with Happy and and Grace (the Ralts) as their replacements, La-La began her career as a Coodinator in none other than Hearthome City (a place where she met Fantina, and a place where she took Happy on a cute walk).

A year or two passed, La-La became a Champion Coordinator with Petunia (who had evolved into a Bellossom after La-La gave her a Sun Stone, a gift given to her by her mother), Raef (she's still a Misdreavus since La-La is afraid to let her evolve thinking she might become too scary), Grace (the shy Ralts she first met when entering Sinnoh is now a graceful Gardevoir who seems to want to protect La-La at all cost), and a some points Happy (has evolved to a Togetic thanks to the love and happiness showered upon her by La-La[which she does with her other pokemon]) as her top performers. Sometimes even Handmore (the Aipom) would pitch in with his exciting tricks. She had earned countless ribbons from countless contests, and even has a reputation for cooking the best poffins out there. But now she is hearing whispers of Team Rocket turning their nasty sights on Sinnoh, she doesn't know if it's true or not, but her Gardevoir's odd behavior has started to worry her, even Happy is less cheerful. This can only mean one thing; something bad was going to happen, and this time Frank won't be there to save her.

Team:

1. Raef (Misdreavus, Female)
2. Petunia (Bellossom, Female)
3. Ember (Flareon, Male)
4. Grace (Gardevoir, Female)
5. Happy (Togetic, Male)
6. Handmore (Aipom, Male)
7. (Storage) Bubbles (Mantine, Female)
8. (Storage) Lady (Ledian, Female)
9. (Storage)
10. (Storage)
Last edited by sam4books on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
In passing

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Do we need nicknames because I wasn't planning on it. o.O
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 pm

No, I just put them in there because I felt like it xD

And I bet you guys any money my character is gonna be the only girl here :P
Last edited by sam4books on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In passing

Postby Archrival » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 pm

It seems wrong to shout out their race when you summon them so I decided on nicknames.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Deathmaster Forse » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:26 pm

Dude, i always wanted to experiance an pokemon battle Rping style! I won't have much free time to play and i'll probably vanish by the end of the next week (army's a bitch) but could you gimme the chance?
Image Made it myself. (Tukinode may not reflect the ideas of his original creator)

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Arch: Please expand history a bit with more specifications. Exactly which town did your character come from? Who/what does he aspire to be? Has he participated in any league challenges? How many badges does he have/which region did he get them from?

Sam: Good so far. I like how you're designing her to be the "Lass" type trainer we've all fought so much against. Except, for a change, this Lass is actually strong. Oh, and feel free to have been a champion Coordinator if you so wish - it will have little to no bearing on the RP, but it's a quirk that's nice to have.

Cheese: No, you do not need nicknames; however not giving your Pokemon nicknames is something most trainers who have philosophies that treat Pokemon more like tools than companions do. Keep that in mind when you're writing your philosophy.

Another thing, regarding the Pokemon teams. Remember that if you're a trainer who's been on the road, etc, you may want to have a couple Pokemon that help you travel. Moves such as Surf and Fly are especially important and will be needed by your characters at some point.
Last edited by Redsnow on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Redsnow wrote:Cheese: No, you do not need nicknames; however not giving your Pokemon nicknames is something most trainers who have philosophies that treat Pokemon more like companions than tools do. Keep that in mind when you're writing your philosophy.

What if I'm just not that creative (and plus Ash never gave his pokemon nicknames, and well, he really treated them well)
The Master of Cheese

Postby sam4books » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Redsnow wrote:Sam: Good so far. I like how you're designing her to be the "Lass" type trainer we've all fought so much against. Except, for a change, this Lass is actually strong. Oh, and feel free to have been a champion Coordinator if you so wish - it will have little to no bearing on the RP, but it's a quirk that's nice to have.

And that's exactly what I'm going to do too ^_^ Thanks by the way! I always thought those lasses needed more respect.
In passing

Postby Archrival » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 pm

If you were more specific at what gyms might have changed or what starting towns are available I'd have that information, remember character information is only as good as the story information.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:39 pm

I noticed there was no personality in the CS either, should we add that? It seems like an important part of a character and how they raise their pokemon after all.
The Master of Cheese

Postby zenieth » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey redsnow I was wondering how out there can i be in appearance?
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm

That's fine; however, I'd like to reiterate here that we are NO LONGER in the ANIME in particular. Throw almost everything you know from the anime. People are not that nice. Villains are not that lenient. And, most of all, what passes for good battling in the anime is a farce.
The Pokemon world you'll be in is just as jacked up as ours. A person can threaten you with the blade of a Scyther tucked under your chin. A group can have your family tied up in the middle of a wide expanse of Voltorb in order to black mail you into doing what they want. It's ugly.

Plus, Ash is a horrible, horrible trainer; he is a victim of the audience the anime was targeting. In particular, his not naming his Pokemon were mostly along the vein of "WHO'S THAT POKEMON" type aspects of the show - they were meant for entertaining kids who would be sucked deeper and deeper into the mythos until they, like us, can no longer come out.

All Kanto-Johto gyms are still active, although the entirety of the two regions are controlled, from gyms to leagues, by Team Rocket from the inside. The Sinnoh region has all of its gyms up and running - the League will have just ended by the time the RP starts.

Hoenn is...well...

In short, everything is available except the entirety of Hoenn.

Cheese: I considered personality, etc. but I decided on keeping it just to trainer philosophy. I find that personalities are nice to have written down, but the way the player plays his character doesn't necessarily reflect what was written down on the personalities section of CS's. So I took it out. It's up to you to find your character as we play.

Zenieth: Um. Well, there are Clown trainers, so I'm assuming you can't be worse than that...right?

I'm putting all of this information up on the first post, as well.

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:53 pm

Redsnow wrote:That's fine; however, I'd like to reiterate here that we are NO LONGER in the ANIME in particular. Throw almost everything you know from the anime. People are not that nice. Villains are not that lenient. And, most of all, what passes for good battling in the anime is a farce.
The Pokemon world you'll be in is just as jacked up as ours. A person can threaten you with the blade of a Scyther tucked under your chin. A group can have your family tied up in the middle of a wide expanse of Voltorb in order to black mail you into doing what they want. It's ugly.

Plus, Ash is a horrible, horrible trainer; he is a victim of the audience the anime was targeting. In particular, his not naming his Pokemon were mostly along the vein of "WHO'S THAT POKEMON" type aspects of the show - they were meant for entertaining kids who would be sucked deeper and deeper into the mythos until they, like us, can no longer come out.

Wow, where did THAT come from? o.O

Do you really hate that show Redsnow? o.O
The Master of Cheese

Postby Redsnow » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 pm

With a passion, Cheese :D. About the only part I appreciated in all the episodes I've ever watched wasn't even canon. It was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hlm5iUEwJI

Oh, and it seems a lot better now, Arch. Although, may I suggest you get a flying Pokemon in your team somewhere? Given how useful Fly is to traveling, etc. I mean.
Last edited by Redsnow on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Archrival » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 pm

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Front_page
^Good website for poke-info. Added more info btw.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 pm

Fair enough Redsnow, I see your point. XD
(I like how pokemon is the only anime where the main character continually fails at what he's trying to accomplish, not even in the end does he succeed. XD)

Plus, my CS is done, YAYS! :D

Name: Alan Castillo

Appearance: Alan is pretty normal looking for a trainer. Standing about 5'5, he has black hair that is long for most boys, but he keeps it covered with a baseball cap. His eyes are brown, and they have a distinct look in them. Ever been bored or dissappointed? Well, that's how he looks 24/7. He looks like nothing makes him happy or entertains him, which causes a lot of people having a conversation with him to stop almost imediately, because they think he's not listening. His face even reflects this emotion, he doesn't smile much, and even when he does, it's more of a smirk then a smile.

He wears a light green jacket and typical jeans. His hat has a picture of a Pokeball on it, but it too is light green to match his jacket. He wears a black shirt underneath, but no one ever sees it. He does carry a dark blue backpack with him as well. It's incredibly worn, mostly because it was his father's when he tried to become a Pokemon master.

Trainer Philosophy: Alan uses the 'tough but fair' philosophy. He works his Pokemon to the point of collaspe, but he lets them rest as long as they need to afterwords and rewards them well. He's never let his Pokemon down, and neither have they. (A.k.a., he seems like he's too hard on his Pokemon, but in reality he makes up for it.)

History: Alan grew up in Lavender town, before the whole Team Rocket mess started. His father set out to become a Pokemon master, however, he fell in love with Alan's mother, and quickly gave up the dream to raise a family. Alan lived happily with his family, wanting to become the greatest Pokemon trainer of all time, like most kids his age. Once he was old enough, he was sent to Professor Oak's to recieve his starter pokemon, Charmander.

He caught his first Pokemon, Nidoran (male) on his way to his first Gym battle and was at his side for most of his journey. However, a short while after Nidoran evolved, he became depressed, knowing that he couldn't evole unless they found the rare Moon Stone, so as a promice, Alan continues to look for a Moonstone to help out his first caught Pokemon, so that he can join them on their quest.

He managed to catch a Magikarp right before he returned to his hometown (not that he wanted it, the dumb pokemon jumped out of the water onto his Pokeball and was caught) so he had three Pokemon to show off to his family. Magikarp would later surprise Alan, when she evolved during a fight against a Haunter, that he caught as well, and that team was set.

He was set to compete in the Kanto finals, until Team Rocket showed up and ruined everything, but Alan escaped to Sinno where he trained and competed in their finals instead. He hasn't gotten any badges yet in Hoenn, mostly because he just got their, but otherwise he's gotten enough badges for two Pokemon league finals.

Team:
1. Charizard (Starter Pokemon - Male)
2. Haunter (Male)
3. Pupitar (Female)
4. Gyarados (Female)
5. Bellossom (Female)
6. Ampharos (Male)
7. Aron - Male (Storage)
8. Nidorino - Male(Storage)
9. (Storage)
10. (Storage)
Last edited by Cheesemore on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Master of Cheese

Next

Return to Role Playing