Fullmetal Alchemist RP

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Fullmetal Alchemist RP

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:46 pm

2 years after the series,alchemy is now part of everything,alchemist school,alchemist tournements and even crime.The only thing that keeps apocylypse from happening is the APD(alchemist police department),but even there no macth for the most powerfull alchemist.

Rules
No god mode unless your the all powerfull alchemist,
only 2 chareters may be allowed.
You must start out as a non alchemist
no starting as a top nocth alchemist
unless your over 20 in the rp.

Your profile will look like this.

Name
Description
Alighnment
Background
Equipment

This is my character.

Name: Leon Kiveck
Alchemy Name:Lightning Alchemist
Alchemy:Thunder,doesnt need a transmuting circle
Description:black spikey hair,sweat shirt, black pants.
Alighnment:Good
Background:His sister died at the age of 6,before she died..she told him to always be happy,2 years later when Leon was 8 his dad died....he took care of his mom,when he turned 10 he learned alchemy and at the age of 13 his friends called him the lightning alchemist.
Equipment:Backpack,flashlight,lightbulb,goggles and a knife.
Last edited by DAISUKE NIWA on Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Eclipse » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:04 pm

before i make my bio, a question (two) must be asked

Am i limietd to one type of alchemy (eg; water, fire, et al) and is Metal considered an element of alchemy (I know about Ed's arm but i wanna be sure first.)
Has anyone seen my doughnut? It's solid gold plated steel, covered in spikes... and it's about 10 feet tall

Postby Loud mouth » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:15 pm

Name: Han

Age: He was 16 all the way back in ainchent Egypt, but he looks about 40 something now

Description: His current appearance is Blcak Hair with gray in there due to Physiacl Aging, he wears an expensive black suit, has eyes that seem t be a diffrent color at any giver time, and is of some what muscular build

Alchemy: He knows all kind of alchemy that dates back ot egypt the needs ingediants but no transmuattuion circles, this includes transmutating himself into anything, for one example.

alingment: Nuetral, He likes to not involve himself in anything unless Absouletly nessacary

Bio: He comes from A place called the House of Ra which dates back to ainchent egypt, there he studied with what later turned out to be his brother and sister, they were forced into of the trial of fIre which made them Immmortal and caused them to destroy the House of Ra, his sister Nefar was killed by they're father Darius, and he does'nt know where his brother Akan is since he met him in Venice during 1586. He tend to watch time and events pass by through out his life.

Equipment: he doesn't carry any. he tends ot be able to create blinding powder out fo thin air for example
Last edited by Loud mouth on Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
Xbox live gamer tag: Loudmoth

Re: FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST RP

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:26 pm

Name Alexander Skythe
Age 15
Alchemy Darknes, shadows, etc...
Description Somewhat tall, black shoulderlength hair, grey eyes.
Alighnment Neutral, whichever is the most tempting at the time.
Background Both parents died at an early age, and he taught himself alchemy to lessen the loss. He learned to manipulate shadows to such an extent that he no longer needs transmutation circles to alter their shape or form. He can also move through them.
Equipment A cloak, pants, a t-shirt, nothing special.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:02 pm

Loud mouth accepted
Forgotten memory accepted

Added after 38 minutes

Eclipse wrote:before i make my bio, a question (two) must be asked

Am i limietd to one type of alchemy (eg; water, fire, et al) and is Metal considered an element of alchemy (I know about Ed's arm but i wanna be sure first.)
your limited you can only use 2,and yes you can use metalas an element

Added after 5 minutes:

go to for mor information http://www.fullmetalalchemist.com/flash_index.html

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:10 pm

I'll type you guys up about some basics about Alchemy, or at least what I gather from chemistry and the show, along with a few others. First, Alchemy within the show is just changing an object or a mass of a certain elements into either a different shape or a different type of element that falls under the same element group. One could easily say change copper into erm, nickel lets say, if a suitable amount of copper was presented and used. Everything that's matter has an element. Check the periodic table of elements, it's a bit large. Most alchemists specialize in using one form of alchemy, Roy for example excelled in changing the air currents, not the actualy fire. Major Armstrong specialized in using a combonation of arm strength and alchemy. Edward on the other hand specialized in reshaping metals, including rocks and sand. So yeah. They are all actually just specializing under one very specific form of alchemy, not even elements, just one use almost.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:12 pm

Thanks Jay
As i walk trough school im ready for anything/oh no i forgot about the exams.

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist RP

Postby D » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:03 pm

Name:Dragon Eye
Alchemy:Physical
Description: Small, Red and Black short hair, Yellow eyes, and 3 transmutating tattoed on his body two his hands one on his chest
Alighnment: Good
Background: He was abandonned at a small age of 3 and was left to die because his parents were less than carring to have a son he some how managed to survive his years of lonlyness by traveling the world. he all way's had a fasination with mythical creatures he learned how to transmute his body into diffrent things
Equipment: First aid kit,napsake,food

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:24 pm

Sorry, but transmuting his own body parts is Human Transmutation. Impossible without a Philosopher's stone or without trading away a non-vital body part, permanently. Also, chance of sucess is incredibly low. Finally, human transmutation is forbidden by law and is strictly taboo.

Added after 6 minutes:

Also, to be able to use alchemy without a circle of SOME sort, is impossible unless... well, I won't say the unless. Let's just say you can't, no chance of it. Though Forgotten's method seems possible. And finally, no chance of Egypt being in the same realm of existance as the Alchemy world for certain known facts.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:28 pm

I will join this RP if I am allowed, But as a suggestion, You guys really need to explain HOW they can do it without Transmutation Circles better.

Ed and Al and Sensei had to visit the "Door to Infinite Knowledge" and lose their Leg or Arm, Their Whole Body, or several Internal Organs...   

Before they could do it without the Circles.

And Al even Panic blocked it, and didn't actually realize he could do it until he had the memories come back.   

anyway. I think I'll do my two characters. One will be original and one will be a show character if that's okay wif you guys.

Here's the Show Character.

Name: Roy Mustang
Alchemy Name: The Flame Alchemist
Alchemy: Creating Blasts of Flame from Small sparks. (Uses a set of gloves made from Spark Cloth with a Transmutation Circle imprinted on the back of the gloves. The circle allows him to cycle the energy needed to use his Alchemy on the concentration of O2 in the air, thus allowing him to increase the O2 concentration and feed the spark to grow into the large gouts of flame.
Description: Young, and is almost always in his Military Uniform. Is a bit of a womanizer and a bit perverted at times, even going so far as wanting to be Fuhrer President so that he can make all the female officers of the Military to wear Miniskirts while in uniform. VERY good at being the Commander he is. His sensibilities and desires never stand in his way of being the model officer.
Alignment: Mostly good, though he likes to Tease and Torture The elder Elric brother. And at other times he seems almost impassive and cold to those who he cannot or will not help.
Background: See above, Has kept Hawkeye with him for many years as a sort of confidant, and most of the time as a secretary of sorts. Hawkeye seems to be immune to his charms though. his team is very skilled at what they do, and Colonel Mustang is The leader they would follow to hell and back. (If you'll allow the comparison)
Equipment: Spark Cloth Gloves, Military Uniform, National Alchemists Silver Pocketwatch
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:33 pm

Accepted

[size=9][color=#999999]Added after 1 minutes:[/color][/size]

[quote="D"]Name:Dragon Eye
Alchemy:Physical
Description: Small, Red and Black short hair, Yellow eyes, and 3 transmutating tattoed on his body two his hands one on his chest
Alighnment: Good
Background: He was abandonned at a small age of 3 and was left to die because his parents were less than carring to have a son he some how managed to survive his years of lonlyness by traveling the world. he all way's had a fasination with mythical creatures he learned how to transmute his body into diffrent things
Equipment: First aid kit,napsake,food[/quote]
fix those problems and well see

Postby Loud mouth » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:33 pm

Jay wrote:Sorry, but transmuting his own body parts is Human Transmutation. Impossible without a Philosopher's stone or without trading away a non-vital body part, permanently. Also, chance of sucess is incredibly low. Finally, human transmutation is forbidden by law and is strictly taboo.

Added after 6 minutes:

Also, to be able to use alchemy without a circle of SOME sort, is impossible unless... well, I won't say the unless. Let's just say you can't, no chance of it. Though Forgotten's method seems possible. And finally, no chance of Egypt being in the same realm of existance as the Alchemy world for certain known facts.

He cleared Alchemy outside of the FMA universe and this character is from a Book By Donna Boyd called The Alchemist.

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:38 pm

That'd be much too cheap. I'm trying to keep this within the FMA universe boundaries. And Egyptian Alchemy just couldn't exist at all due to some VERY important key points. They expressed VERY exactly that Alchemy within *OUR* world is not possible on any level. Trust me, Egyptian Alchemy would clash against the plot so bad it's not funny.

Postby Loud mouth » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:40 pm

We'll leave it up to the owner.

Postby Jay » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Seriously, repent before I give you a serious beating, spoiler wise.

Postby Loud mouth » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:48 pm

Send to in my PM box.

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:38 pm

You can transmueyour body.....but only you can do it and jay if she wants, no one else may do what you did ok.

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:16 am

Only err, Wrath could transmute his own body in the Anime. And that was because he was a homuculi and had    Ed's right arm and left leg.   

Postby D » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:18 am

Alchemy: Weapon
Description: Small, Red and Black short hair, Yellow eyes, and 2 transmutating tattoed on his body two on his hands
Alighnment: Nuetral (because he is insane)
Background: He was abandonned at a small age of 3 and was left to die because his parents were less than carring to have a son he some how managed to survive his years of lonlyness by traveling the world. He has only one companion a chimara made from a bat, a snake, and a lizard. He also Disspises other Alchemists who can't under stand him.
(forgot to change it)
Last edited by D on Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:24 am

Can you elaborate on "physical" D? Actually, can everyone. Because you have to remember, Alchemy is VERY scientific, there wasn't one thing that upturned our science except them being able to use alchemy with circles and glowing. And very few other things. Like Roy, he created sparks with his gloves then used his alchemy, shifted the air currents to created the large fires. So yeah, explain with detail please, Alchemy isn't magic y'know >.>

Postby Tyveras » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:07 am

Name: James Anquise
Alchemy: Light, and Shadow.
Description: Long sleve black shirt, black pants, Black shoes. Brown hair, light green eyes.
Alignment: Good
Background: Pretty much had a normal childhood, normal loving parents. Sent to private school for the "Gifted"
Equipment: Wristwatch, sunglasses, and a sileuto.
Fear compels you
Hatred binds you
Grief destroys you
-Tyveras

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:18 am

Dudes, just so there's no confusion. Anything you can't effect with chemistry, shouldn't be affected by alchemy. Since Alchemy and chemistry follow by very close principles. So light and shadow, well, explain how you'd effect it exactly. Since you can't effect light and shadow directly, that'd be "magic". Since light and shadows don't take up space nor do they have mass, they aren' matter. And alchemy can only effect matter.

Postby D » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:12 am

Alchemy: Weapon
Description: Small, Red and Black short hair, Yellow eyes, and 2 transmutating tattoed on his body two on his hands
Alighnment: Nuetral (because he is insane)
Background: He was abandonned at a small age of 3 and was left to die because his parents were less than carring to have a son he some how managed to survive his years of lonlyness by traveling the world. He has only one companion a chimara made from a bat, a snake, and a lizard. He also Disspises other Alchemists who can't under stand him.

There any better

Postby Forgotten memories » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:58 am

If I may, Alchemy is based upon the four basic elements, but there are abstract elements, such as metal, light, and to an extent, shadows. Metal is a combination of earth and fire, and light is created by fire, whilst shadows are created in the abscence of light. In controlling shadows my character can borrow them temporaroly, and can transfer matter between two shadows, so long as he transfers that takes up the same amount of space.
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:54 am

Can you explain in a more scientific manner if possible? ^.^;; Anyways, about the light and fire absense of light thing, that's true. There's not possible way to manipulate the shadow or light directly. Sure, you could probably light a fire, as useful as a torch. Or you can create a big block of stone to create a shodow of it. But you can't say manipulate the shadow directly and cause it to jump out of the surface it's on nor can you make light change it's direction. Because light, shadow, sound waves and a few others aren't matter, they're all energy except shadow, which is the absense of light. And chemistry (or alchemy, it's actually the same thing) could never directly effect them. As for human transmutation, we have an idea of what forms a human being but no one can ever make one mainly due to the fact that we aren't sure of exactly how our body works. And in the anime, it's a forbidden practice AND nigh impossible without a philosopher's stone, which you probably have absolutely no way in getting. And even if you get it, you definetly won't get everlasting power from it. Thing is, with Alchemy (chemistry) you can effect the basic elements, AS LONG AS THEY ARE MATTER. You can't actually effect fire directly, but you can sure as hell effect the gas in the air to cause the fire to burn, as long as there's something to start the fire from. You can't really use electricity either, much too risky and is very limited. Metals and earth can be shaped into different inventions or weapons which served Ed well since he is very good at inventing simple machinary with metal, like a howitzer. Remember, most people can only use a very specific type of alchemy, if you're not sure what elements you can effect and change, check the periodic table of elements.

Next

Return to Role Playing