Naruto IC: The first mission

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Naruto IC: The first mission

Postby zenieth » Sat May 30, 2009 7:17 am

-Dusk-

As night drew near Kousa breathing lightly brushed some of his silver hair away from his face. Smiling serenely, his thoughts for once seemed to be composed on one common thought. He looked over at his team acknowledging that he had a basic idea of each now, still rin-sensei was a mystery. The men of the caravan had finally become accustom to his feature, and he no longer heard whistles or cheers for him to keep them company. Kousa had finally gotten enough will to approach Rin and asked calmly, "Sensei, may I now go and converse with the other caravans to find out what they know?" Kousa had a sneaking suspicion that there was more to the caravan than merely a possibly hidden shinobi, though he was unsure of what. Deciding he'd use his, overly feminine charms to his advantage Kousa took a pin and placed his hair upwards in a tradition maiden style which made him appear all the more like a simple temple maiden.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Glacier » Sun May 31, 2009 2:38 pm

BG07 wrote:=Team 2=

The village head took a long and deep breath in through his nose and then finally exhaled in an equally drawn out sort of way. His body slowly began to revert back to how it was before and a noticeable steam or smoke flowed steadily from his flesh as all of the animal like features seemed to vaporize away. He stared at the others for a moment, watching them silently as they all seemed completely taken aback by his unique abilities. It was somewhat disheartening, people always reacted in ways that he wished they didn’t. He was disappointed in the fact that he had to reveal the family secret, however it was something that needed to be done.

“That is correct. And forgive me, there isn’t too much that I know about the situation…” the man said in a softer sort of tone, only taking a moment to catch his breath before continuing to speak.
“Ah, but you should also be aware that he has some skill in earth style jutsu… other than that it shouldn’t be difficult for you to find him… or rather for him to find you.” The man finally added.

Yukenra looked and listened as the village chief relinquished the jutsu and everything seemed to vaporize; leaving behind the man they saw before the beast transformation jutsu. He didn't mean to offend the man with his reaction, it was just a while since he'd been in a clan environment, a clan with a Kekkei Genkai no less. This place reminded him of home, and he always liked to learn about other Bloodline abilities.

He was a bit disheartened at the knowledge that their target was skilled in earth style ninjutsu. He was weak against it, being a water style user, but Ikazuchi used the lightning element which trumps earth. It was an object of his studies, but he learned the basics from his fellow clan members from his time on the island. "I guess I'll have to be a diversion this time" he thought. What the man said next caused a spark of excitement in the young genin. "So we're hunting him and he's hunting us as well."

Yukenra wasn't going to speak out of line again, so any comments were going to be coming from Aori sensei.

Postby Geomancer » Sun May 31, 2009 3:31 pm

Aori sighed. So, this would require bait. He looked at the genin, then shook his head. Bad idea. He had to be the one to do it. If he sent one of them, it might set a bad precedent. Though... "Do any of you have a skill that might be handy in creating a trap? We will need it to be flawless in order to fool his hearing, sight, and smell. If not, you three will try and keep yourself hidden while I draw him out. My speed will ensure that I will get back to you." He turned to look at the chief "Unless your transformation greatly increases your speed. Is that so?"
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Soul » Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 pm

Takumi shouted a slew of curses as he fell into the building, nearly dropping his kunai. He managed to land on his feet in the middle of the crowd. Instead of letting the debris and dust settle Takumi lunged into a various string of attacks with his kunai, cutting a few throats. He drew a second kunai in his left hand as the dust began to settle. "Haka! We gotta get outta here!" Takumi called looking around him at the surrounding villagers. "Preferably before we're overwhelmed by their friends downstairs!" Takumi stepped to the side quickly, avoiding an oncoming axe, and countered, shoving a kunai in the man's throat. He glanced over at his partner checking to see if he was still alive.

Postby Glacier » Sun May 31, 2009 5:20 pm

Yukenra pondered on the question posed to them. He had methods of setting up traps, but against a tracker, anything he could do would either smell like the sea or his foam. Both would be dead give aways, as Konohagakure was no where near the water. Yu Yu shook his head 'no' to the question at hand. So far, he was liking this plan. Aori was going to bait him while the three of them only had to lye in wait to ambush the berserking ninja. He only had one thing on his mind, and as far fetched as it sounded, anything could happen on a mission. As the guy was hunting them too, what was to keep him from tracking down they genin while Aori was off looking for him? If that were to happen, they'd need to be prepared for it.

Postby lyca » Sun May 31, 2009 11:13 pm

zenieth wrote:"Sensei, may I now go and converse with the other caravans to find out what they know?" Kousa had a sneaking suspicion that there was more to the caravan than merely a possibly hidden shinobi, though he was unsure of what.

"Hrm..." Rin grumbled as Kousa pinned his hair up. With a caravan this small, it occurred to Rin that if the ninja was here as they suspected, Rin's squad would be easily noticed. This hunch intensified as the air grew more tense every moment with the villager's paranoia."Unfortunately, Kousa-kun, I think the time for gathering info has passed." He sheered in a harried whisper. There were six carts, and only four on his squad, two shadow clones would have to make up the difference.

"We need to strike now." Rin gave a quick sweep of the crowd, taking a mental inventory, mentally assigning his students. "Hokiro, get somewhere were everyone can see you and get their attention. Blind everyone. "Rin turned to Kousa, "Kousa I need you to be ready to cover the rest of us with your finger bullets, so stay alert." Rin then beckoned to Satoru. "You will be sensing for chakra, once you get the slightest flare, move in." Rin struggled to keep his voice even and quiet, directing it back to his bespectacled apprentice, "Hokiro, you'll be support from the front, covering the first cart specifically, Kousa you'll take the third cart from the front and give ranged cover until the ninja is identified. Satoru, you'll take the back cart, signal us as soon as you find him." Rin continued, rattling hastily, "I'll take the second, fourth and fifth carts." his sharp, gray eyes bored into those of his students. "The cloud ninja is our top priority, but don't kill any civilians unless it's absolutely necessary."

The topaz-haired sensei took a deep breath through his nose, closing his eyes."Hokiro," Rin nodded pointedly in his direction, "We attack on your signal."
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Rough Giraffe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am

Hokiro simply nodded and took off his sunglasses, holding his hand in front of his eyes, rapidly opening and shutting them as they adjusted to the dim light of the evening. Finally, he opened them just enough that people could see that his eyes were a deep scarlet--a scarlet that seemed to glow, even in the dim light, and he turned his attention to the caravan, thinking about his next move.

Got it. He pulled a shuriken from his bag and hid it in his pocket. Then he bounced on the balls of his feet, springing slightly with his legs to psych himself up so he could do what needed to be done.

He clamped his left hand tighter on his wrist, ran out of the woods, and started screaming, as if in pain, and ran, almost stumbling towards the caravans. "DOCTOR! IS ANYONE A DOCTOR?!" He cried excitedly, mock anguish trickling through his voice. He glanced around, pain written on his face, shouting "A snake bit me! Help!!" As soon as everyone was within his view, with their attention on him, he quickly formed his two seals, clamped left on his right, raised his arms above his head and snapped his fingers.

The black chakra spread outwards, catching everyone around him with their eyes open off guard, and he quickly launched the shuriken into a tree on the other side of his team, making a "THOK" sound as it struck, the signal for them to move.
Last edited by Rough Giraffe on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Cheesemore » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:59 pm

-Ikazuchi Shuua-

Ikazuchi marveled at the elder's transformation. No wonder they kept it secret, it was truely a sight to behold. He was about to write it in his notes when the elder told them to keep it still a secret. He was a little disappointed, but other than that he couldn't complain.

Geomancer wrote: "Do any of you have a skill that might be handy in creating a trap? We will need it to be flawless in order to fool his hearing, sight, and smell. If not, you three will try and keep yourself hidden while I draw him out. My speed will ensure that I will get back to you."

"I'm sorry sensei, my hidden traps involve magnetism. Unless he's wearing some magnetic clothing, I'm useless. Besides, animals have almost a sixth sense for the earth's natural magnetic field." he said disappointed. Once they ambushed him, Ikazuchi could be of more use though. After all, close quarters was more of his specialty.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Timer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 am

"I haven't got any techniques suited to doing that master" Yamada looked back to the old man before focusing on Aori, "Could your sea foam be used as a trap technique..?" he looked towards Yukenra, "even if its small.. i dont think any of us have any ability to even form the startings of a trap.. not counting ninja tools obviously.."

Postby Glacier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:31 am

Yukenra listened to the question posed to him by Yamada. "I can, but it's not flawless. I'm sorry to say, but it would be detected." he said. "I think we'd be better off just sticking to Aori-sensei's alternative."

All in all, Yukenra was never too confident with fighting trackers. They could always pin point him because of the unique scent of him and his foam technique. The only thing he could use to produce a trap wouldn't work on someone with a good nose because it would only make the smell stronger. Not enough to over power typically, but that depends on the sensitivity of the nose.

Postby BG07 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:47 pm

=Team 1=
When Hokiro came screaming like a madman out of the woods, the reactions upon the traveler’s faces were largely diversified. Some people looked upon the young boy as if they wanted to break away from their group and help him out, while others did their best not to even pay any attention to his shouting. However one thing was certain, even if a few people looked as if they wanted to help out, they didn’t even budge from changing their course of walking. They all simply looked upon the boy with saddened expressions upon their faces, some seemingly angry at the fact that they could do nothing to help. It was as if there was something stopping them from providing any aid, as if there was some kind of fear keeping them moving along the path. However when the wounded boy began to make a few hand signals, it managed to catch a different kind of attention from a few of the people who were only paying half a mind to him. They looked at him with a bewildered expression until he snapped his fingers, effectively blinding quite a few of those amongst the caravan. Those who had been trying to ignore the boy’s cries were completely unaffected and could only watch as the others began to scream in terror as their sight was taken from them.

“GAHHH!!! I CAN’T SEE!!!”
“RUN AWAY!! HE’S GOING TO KILL US!!”
People began to shout and panic left and right, though it seemed as if there were still a few sensible enough people to remain calm under such circumstances. One such person was the driver of the final cart, a person who’s sight had also been taken away by the Genjutsu. The merchant man simply stopped his cart and stayed still for a few moments, his face obviously showing a good amount of displeasure from having his sight being taken away so suddenly like that.

“Tch…” the man lifted up his hands and made a basic seal, immediately dispelling the Genjutsu and the transformation jutsu that he had been using up until this point. He was wearing what you would normally expect either a chuunin or jounin level ninja would have on, even his cloud nation headband was precisely strapped where it was supposed to be. Aside from his brown skin and the scar upon his left cheek there really wasn’t anything spectacular or unique about him. He carried the basic assortment of weapons and didn’t seem to have any defining characteristics that could have hinted to what his specialty was.
“You guys got here sooner than I expected…” the man said as he pulled out a kunai into one of his hands.

=Team 2=
The village head remained quiet and listened carefully to what the ninja were discussing. Even if he wasn’t going to be taking part in the mission, it was still a great concern for him that his son be returned safely and unharmed. Knowing about their plan wasn’t exactly his business, but it was definitely something that he wished to hear before they left for battle. But aside from his emotional attachments to the mission, his input would likely assist in the capture and make things go a lot smoother. However, with his son it was very difficult to say whether or not they would even be able to pull it off to begin with.

“Ah… well yes it does enhance our speed a bit, however that being said… even without our powers Asagi’s speed is fastest in our village…” the older man said with a slight frown, he knew that it was a lot to ask of them to bring his son back. Someone so powerful and skilled wasn’t exactly an easy target in this kind of situation, in fact it pained the elder that all he had left to give the ninja was bad news.
“He’s somewhere in the woods north of here, about two or three kilometers out… all you’ll have to do is head in that direction, and he’ll come to you…”

=Team 4=

The knight’s eyes narrowed slightly when he noticed someone else coming into play, putting herself in front of the young boy and into the path of his projectile. His expression remained largely unchanged as the girl launched the iron ball back in his direction, seemingly unharmed by either the force of the hit or the accompanied explosion. In fact he looked to have been expecting such a result, as he had already taken a slight step to the left in order to dodge the returned object. He moved slowly but perfectly timed it so that the iron orb would pass directly over his shoulder. The man’s hand shot up a mere instant after the ball past his body and snatched the chain it was attached to out of thin air, effectively stopping the movement in an instant.

“Oh? That was an interesting technique woman, though you would have done well to stay apart from this battle.” The man said in a cool tone as the chain began to wind itself back into the barrel of the cannon, disappearing from sight within the confines of his large shield. The man’s eyes were glued upon the woman for a few moments until another one of her students decided to test their strength against the iron knight. He watched and waited patiently as the Ono twin began his advance, moving with a great amount of speed towards the heavily weighed down knight’s position. His body didn’t even seem to attempt to move from where he was standing, and his eyes simply watched the boy carefully until he disappeared into one of his blind spots. The knight tilted his head somewhat in the direction that the Ono had taken off to, however he still chose not to follow the boy’s movements with the rest of his body.

“Attacking from the blind spots? That’s a good strategy… however…” The gears upon one of his shields once again began to wind, and shortly after a distinct metallic ‘click’ filled the air. An object was launched directly into the air above the knight, this time not being expelled by steam but simply a loaded spring mechanism. The object clearly didn’t have the same velocity as the first projectile, only being lifted to a point maybe a foot or two above the knight’s helmet. It was a glass orb, one that seemed to have a brightly lit fuse burning it’s way into the core of the device.
“It’s useless.” He said just as the device exploded, sending hot shards of glass showering down upon the knight and everything in the immediate vicinity. If the Ono twin was able to react with enough speed, he may have been able to avoid a good amount of the shrapnel expelled from the glass orb.

(Just a note because I forgot to mention something, the man has four cannons on each shield, he has already used two, both having been on his right shield.

Postby lyca » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Rin nodded as Hokiro dashed away. Bending his knees slightly, he glanced toward the others. "Careful." he cautioned in what was an attempt at a friendly tone. Hokiro's shuriken impacted into a tree giving the signal, And Rin disappeared. A falling poncho and an upkick of dust the only indicators that he had been standing in that position only a moment earlier. Appearing a few feet above the carts and upside down, Rin brought a single hand up to perform Kage bunshin*. Two pops in midair signaled the appearance of two additional Rins, and all three landed flawlessly on the driver's benches of the second fourth and fifth carts. Each of the three had shed the Henge they wore, once again wearing the leaf headband and shoulder length black gloves, each a mask of focused determination, a scar running from hairline to brow. Each reached down their hands, placing them on the shoulders of the drivers and their passengers who were sitting in front, each giving a quick scan of their surroundings.

All three simultaneously turned to see if the other members of their squad had moved into position. With the caravan blinded, Team 1 would have it on lockdown in an instant. Rin prayed only that they would be swift.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Geomancer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:21 pm

Aori thinks for a bit, then nods. "Alright, this is the plan. You three will set up an ambush about a 100 meters upwind. I will go downwind and make it easy for him to sense me. When he's found me, I'll throw up a sunburst tag on a kunai. This will be the warning that I'm coming. Remember, nonlethal if you can. Any questions?" He looked at the group. "Otherwise, we'll leave as soon as we can."
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Glacier » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:25 pm

- Yu-Yu -

As Aori spoke, Yukenra listened intently to the details of the plan. They were going to be an ambush party, up wind from their opponent. They had to be invisible and silent for this to work, and they were well trained. Stealth was all too basic for them, even as fresh genin. The last part of the plan was something Yukenra would have to keep in mind if he ever drew his sword against the wolf man. The foam itself wasn't exactly lethal, but that wasn't its purpose in the first place. It could still deal damage though. He had his sword for lethality, as did many of the water country's ninja. Their elite where the 7 swordsmen after all. Be that as it may, he found himself in the fire country rather than the water country.

None the less, Yukenra wasn't exactly sure what to ask. He simply kept quiet for now, looking to see if either of his fellow genin had a question.

Postby GnSz » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

-Ready, Steady, GO!-
-Team One/Back Cart-
-Satoru-

The blur of motions, the alarm, the action, Satoru followed orders immediately as Hokiro seemed to create the distraction and disperse the crowd. Landing onto the cart, she allowed her senses to go into overdrive, her fingers spread, sensing for something, anything irregular from what else she felt in the chaos. But her steely blue eyes widened as she glared.

She found him as he released his own disguise.

Talk about luck.

Or was it?

She knew not as she reacted, lashing straight at him, allowing her body to move on its own accord, honing in onto the chakra points of the older ninja. If she could catch him off-guard, it could only allow the others to at least arrive. Satoru knew this: she had not a chance of possibly defeating a foreign ninja, a jounin to be exact unless she was able to incapacitate the guy.

If it meant only disorienting him, so be it.

"Ora!" yelled out Satoru, her eyes holding a ferocity as she aimed at his arms and legs, moving with the fluidity of a taijutsu specialist. Her voice was loud enough to alert the others, but her attention was on the man, everything else melting away.

Postby zenieth » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:22 pm

Kousa had already disappeared from his sensei's side the moment he had heard his orders. He could be seen sitting precariously on top of the third chart with an extremely bored expression on his face. Any of the caravan's occupants who had seen him prior to Hokiro's stampede causing first move would of thought he was a foolish maiden looking for a cheap trill. As everyone ran in the confusion Kousa's eyes darted about the scene, his bored face remaining the same. "Why can't people learn to control their emotions, they're causing more damage to themselves than we are.", he whispered to himself.

His eyes finally became fixed on a single location when he heard Satoru shout out loud and launch himself at a finally revealed cloud ninja. Kousa's face became serious directly at that moment. He lifted his right hand directly at the location of Satoru and the ninja and shaped it so that his index finger was like a gun.

Come on Saturo give me a clear shot so that we can get this over with., he thought to himself.
Bene Bene Grazie

Postby Rough Giraffe » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:08 pm

Hokiro ripped his backpack off his back, threw his hand inside his bag, and tore his bag of tools and his forehead protector from his pack. He threw his pack off to the side, and jumped, flipping through the air just long enough to tie his forehead protector halfway over his eyes and his bag to his waist. He planted his feet against the side of the wagon, his stance wide against the vertical surface as his chakra allowed him to cling to the wall. While he did all this, he wondered how he could support his team from where he was, positioned on the side of the first caravan...

But then he pulled out three bang-snaps, sizing up the distance, and flicked them, one, two three, at a tree to the Cloud ninja's right, to the seat on his left, and at the ground on his left. Such small objects would be nearly impossible to see before they hit their marks; hopefully, the noise would distract him long enough for Satoru to be effective, and to give Kousa an opening.

He let out a tense sigh, and began charging his chakra to his right palm as he supported himself with the caravan with his left, and waited for his chance to attack.

For just an instant, he was aware of the caravan driver, trying to see. If he was calm, he would have a better time trying to hear. Over his shoulder, he whispered, "You're not blind. We're not here to kill. Stay silent." He spoke curtly, imperatively, and then his attention was back on the fray. He struggled to hear any other signs of motion from the surrounding woods.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Cheesemore » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 pm

-Ikazuchi Shuua-

Ikazuchi sighed a bit when no one had a decent skill for traps, but he wasn't that surprised. A hightened sense of smell was difficult to trick. He listened intently to his sensei's plan, thinking of ways it could go wrong, and one problem came to him fairly easily. "Sensei, what happens if he doesn't take the bait, and comes after us? Shouldn't we have a sunburst tag ready just in case too?" he asked.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Previous

Return to Role Playing