Chronicles of the Grand Grimoire-Final Fantasy Clan Wars.

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Chronicles of the Grand Grimoire-Final Fantasy Clan Wars.

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 pm

It was an illusion, they said. A myth -but one worth dying for.

OOC: Hiya! Just thought I'd start the RP with a bit of background information and history. The first two paragraphs are from the original FFTA. The rest is an original story.

Sign-up is here! http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Rules, Characters, and Places are here! http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4

Long before Noah built his ark, there were tales of an ancient land called Kiltia. Though many of its learnings and powers were swept away in the great flood, a single clue to its secrets still exists: The Gran Grimoir. Between its pages is Ivalice, a country where swords and scorcery reign.

Years ago, a boy named Marche Radiuju opened this book with his three friends, changing their peacful country town of St. Ivalice into the world of Final Fantasy. He rose to greatness and under his rule, peace and tranquility reighned throughout the land (   If you've ever finished the Corrupt Judge missions, in the end, Cid said he'd give Marche his position of judgemaster when he became older   )

Now, 200 years after the opening of the book, Ivalice's technologies have advanced greatly. Their ageless leader (Marche is about 30 right now) and the palace controls and maintains all of Ivalice's turf. Massive airships allow direct conection to distant lands, bringing in strange and new items and people everyday. Wild monsters were all put in Chrono-sleep while tamed ones became loyal pets. After many persuasions from Marche, the palace finally decided to abolish the law system, an act that was highly contriversal, but pleased many people. The clan wars have died down, since clans no longer wished to control the Palace's turf. Yes, peace had spread throughout Ivalice and its residents lived happily.

But all of this was too good too last, for without chaos, there is no peace. Radicals known as the Neo Zaora Sect. have been plotting to overthrow the palace for years. When they had enough loyal followers, they put forth their plan. Under the cover of nightfall, they snuck into a Monster Holding Facility in Cyril and awoken the powerful beasts. Immediately after, they launched a full fledged attack on the unsuspecting city of Cyril. The people were unused to fighting and only a handful of gaurds were present in the city. Soldiers were sent to retaliate but they could do little to hold back the massive horde of rabid monsters. Finally, the palace surrendered the turf and the citizens abandoned the city. Cyril is now a desolate plane. A ghost town. A place no judge would dare enter. Cyril had become a lawless Jagd.

The news of Zaora's victory spread throughout Ivalice. Revolutionaries wishing to bring back the old ways immediately swore alliance to the Sect, hoping to achieve power and wealth through it. Others joined them fearing what would happen to them if they didn't. Neo Zaora began growing. It's name even made the Judgemaster himself shudder with fear. A dark shadow was passing over Ivalice, and there was not a soul who could stop it.

That was the final chapter written in the Grand Grimoire. Much of its timeless story is still untold and many of its pages are still blank. It is time for us to raise our swords. We now control the course of Ivalice's history. No matter what force comes our way, we must overcome. The fate of the world now lies in our hands.

Let the clan wars begin...
Last edited by Dark_slushie_plushie on Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Re: Chronicles of the Grand Grimoire-Final Fantasy Clan Wars

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:43 pm

Alex was sitting alone in the bar of a small town, drinking a fairly new drink and listening to the conversations of others. He had rid himself of most of his clan after mastering most of his jobs, and was listening for some jobs to undercut from some other clans. (For those wondering, he's drinking pepsi, and hates ale)
Where there's a will, I want in it.
Always up for a game of chess or checkers, if my YIM is working.
Hasegawa Rayven wrote:Crown Forgotten "The King of All Naruto D Burners"

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:46 pm

Vik walked along the empty streets of the once busy city of Cyril. In his mind, he could almost here the laughter of children playing on the walkways, the cheerful chatter of people at the pub, the rythmic sounds of dealers shouting out insane prices. All of this was but a memory now. The once majestic shops and houses were now crumbling walls and rubble, the pub that was once alive with conversation was now dead in silence. And the laughter...the laughter was nowhere to be found.

As Vik walked down the street, a single tear rolled down his cheek.
((Poetic...very poetic...I even surprised myself!))

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm

Demil sat on a walltop, watched the young man walking down the street, silently dealing with his inner problems. Some people can't handle all the broken parts of the world He thought. He moved up to sit in a crouch, a deathly hard grim look stuck on his face. I can't stand it much either

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Coda sat, face down, at a table in the Pub. His face lay in an enormous book, which was flat on the table. At first glance, it would seem that he was reading it at very close range. In fact, he had actually fallen asleep over it. A tiny bit of drool had come out of the side of his mouth. "Uhhnnnnnn" he groaned and moved slightly before settling back down to his nap.

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:27 pm

Vik didn't notice anybody watching him, he assumed that he was the only person on this turf other than the stray monsters. A strong wind picked up, causing Vik to shiver. But he kept his mind focused. He had accepted a mission to retrieve someone's family emblem that had been left behind during the migration and he wasn't going go back empty handed. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpes of light. "Funny..." he thought, "I thought this place was abandoned." He squinted in the direction of the light but could see no one. He drew his bow and fitted an arrow into it. He slowly walked towards the glow and was horrified with what he saw. "Oh god!" was all he could say. The light had come from lanterns. There in front of him, two tonberrys were eating the remains of a human body. Upon closer inspection, Vik realized that it was a little girl, no older than 8. "You sick bastards!" he shouted, holy energy flowing into his arrow. The two tonberrys looked up and snarled with their blood covered mouths. They snatched up their knives and lunged forward but Vik acted first. He released the arrow at one of the creatures, it immediatly exploded with holy energy before falling motionless onto the floor. He dived out of the second one's way and swung his bow at his head, addling it. He then finished it off with another holy attack. "They got what they deserved." he thought as he removed their souls and tossed them aside. When they awoke, they would be less hostile. He stared at the remains of the body. Shaking his head slowly, he gave it a small blessing and continued down the road.

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:32 pm

Demil easily showed up, he walked down on the walls until he was practically infront of Vik. I must look mysterious he thought as he smiled down at him, a more good nature smile as too a mischieveous one. "That was quite noble of you!" He yelled down. "Most people would rather avoid them, I am Demil." He jumped down and pulled out his sleeved arm, not bothering to move his hand out of the folds. "Nice to meet you"

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:42 pm

Vik almost jumped back in surprise when the person popped up in front of him. He didn't expect anybody to be here. He looked him over. After a few seconds he decided that the stranger wasn't an enemy. "It's my job. I just can't stand seeing monsters prey on people, both living and dead. And seeing what they were doing to that poor girl..." The statement had triggered a flashback. A memory about his little sister. He quickly chased out the memory and turned his attention back to Demil. "Nice to meet you. I'm Vik," he said, taking his hand and giving a short shake. "So what are you doing here in a lawless Jagd. Do you not fear for your life?"

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:45 pm

"Well, of course everyone values their life" Demil said cheerfuly, then replaced the mood with the slightly grim Demil. "But this place is nothing short from memory lane. I come here as an unhealthy reminder of what the world can become, although I can be asking you the same question Vik"

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:46 pm

Alex was in the jagd town, planning on undercutting Vik's mission. He had found the emblem the family had wanted back, and was, at the moment, hiding in an alley, listening to the conversation occuring between the two. "There was nothing I could do after they started upon her, but I can't help feeling I could have done something. Ah well, tempus fugit, I'd best hurry." He started trying to walk off, deeper into the alley.

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:57 pm

"I'm on a dispatch mission. A family that's staying in one of the relief centers at the Pub said he left a preciouse family emblem here, a jewel studded sheild the color of the rising sun. He was willing to pay a pretty big price for it and I needed to train so I accepted it. The only problem is, I went to his former house and it had already been removed from its hiding place."

(Responding to Alex) In the alley, two floateye on opposite sides watched Alex's every move. With a nod from each other, they turned to their left and gave the signal, a blinding glint from their eyes. Immediately, three Lawbreakers(the beatles) and a Bladebiter(the turtle) surrounded Alex. A beastmaster stepped out from behind them. "What are you doing here, human? This is Zaora Sect Turf! Explain yourself and you may be spared."
Last edited by Dark_slushie_plushie on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Postby Forgotten memories » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 pm

"I owe you no explanation, lawless child of filth." The Paladin skill, Holy Cross was used, and although it killed the lawbreakers, the bladebiter was only hurt. "Now let me be on my way, or your body will rot, used to feed your beasts."

Added after 49 seconds:

((BBT))

Postby Dark_slushie_plushie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:29 pm

Vik shielded his eyes from the sudden burst of holy light. He had never seen so much of it at once. Whoever was using it must have had an extremely pure heart. "What the hell was that?" he shouted out loud when the light faded. "Com'n. Let's check it out. A holy attack at that magnitude can spell death for anyone. And in a lawless land, they'll be left to rot." He headed towards the the alley and came across a beastmaster, his life hanging by a thread. He immediately kneeled down next to him. "Who did this to you?" he said, trying to lift the Nu Mou up. "Get your hands off me!" the Beastmaster said in a hoarse voice, twisting himself out of Vik's arms and fell back to the floor. "The great god Zaora has decided my time has come. I shall go willingly." he said, spitting out a mouthful of blood. "ZAORA?!" Vik grabbed the Nu Muo's shirt and lifted him off the ground so they met eye to eye, "You're with the Zaora Sect?"
"Heh heh. Isn't it obvious?" He raised his left hand, showing Vik the Zaora trademark tatoo. Vik let out an angry roar and threw the Nu Mou back down. "You scum!" he spat, fitting another arrow into his bow, "You do not deserve to let death come by its natural course." He drew back the bow and aimed it at the Nu Mou's head.

Muahahaha-YO-hahahaha!

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:13 pm

Suddenly,Aisuke walked inside the pub"you guys been drinkin to much or do you want the judges to come".
Last edited by DAISUKE NIWA on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:14 am

Nyaide slowly walked up to Coda and started knocking on his head, "C'mon you twit, we're heading over to the Cyril Jagds, unless you're too afraid to come... it'd be understandable actually, but c'mon."
Wilfred sighed, "Why are people always like this... why not be all happy and bask under the glorious light that is god?!"
Anom laughed at Wilfred's religious ways, "Old pal, you need to get out of that cubicle of space that you've cramped yourself under and look at the real world! God..."
Nyaide whacked each of them over the head, "Shut up you two, now watch and learn, see a pro wake someone up."
She slowly skooched down to Coda's head level as she removed the book from his face and pressed her thumb against her throat, changing the tone of her voice to a very creepy, masculine tone, "Coda... I am a Zaora Sect Mercenary... there is no escape from death now..."
She slowly let the words sink into his mind, as it entered his dreams, giving him nightmares.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:35 am

Coda's eyes shot open as he jumped up into the air, causing quite a scene to the other people in the pub. He stood up and scratched his head, looking at the three of them. "What the hell are you three doing here? ....We got a mission or something?" He yawned and closed the book that was on the table. "I'm not really feeling up for anything right now."

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:47 am

Aisuke walked to the nearest chair sat down and bought a drink...
Last edited by DAISUKE NIWA on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Shebum Devi » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:53 am

On the outskirts of the city, Mavy lain waste to a couple of bandits that were hassling her about her droopy ears, mixed in with a few cat calls. God, how she hated such lowly rantings, especially if it was puked up by scum such as they.
This was after taking out a couple of fiesty tonberries. The girl was up there with her skills, enough to walk through Jagd without any problems what-so-ever. A decent asset to any clan, but...
"All these clan wars, who needs them." She grinded her foot into the spine of a wriled up Baanga, looting him of any special armor or gold, can't forget the gold. She began to laugh, and a couple of swear words began leaking out from the now hog-tied group.
She could take care of herself, and that's all that mattered. Assides from this empowering mentality, there was a bit of history as to why she was like this...but that story is for another time...
Now she enters the grand city, looking for some munchies.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:09 am

Nyaide laughed to herself a bit before slapping Coda's back, "Alright you lazy lil' Nu Mou, but you're getting sent on a dispatch next then."
Wilfred took off his helmet and gave the Nu Mou a good whacking on the head with it, "Up you lazy toad, those whom to not go out themselves and make a future for themselves are left behind in the sands of judgement!"
In his lecture, Wilfred did not notice Anom silently holding up a Chocobo call horn up to Wilfred's ear. Anom promptly blew it to take the Religious Paladin off his religious rantings, "Yo, seriously Wil, you need to talk about this God less often, it's really getting on our nerves. Only you actually THINK he exists ya know, the rest of us could careless."
Wilfred slunk slightly away from Anom, twidling his fingers feverishly, "Just trying to help..."
Nyaide slammed both her hands against the table that Coda lied down upon, "Alright! Drinks around for the clan barkeep, four mug fulls of your finest ale!"
Wilfred sighed, "Thanks, but I don't drink alcohol..."
Nyaide gave Wilfred a weird look, "Who said that extra mug was for you?"
She turned to the barkeep yet again, "Hey, get Mr. Sober over here a mug of water."
She sat back into the wooden chair as the other two also got themselves a seat, completely ignoring Vaan's strange sign. Wilfred slunk his head over to Nyaide, "Maybe we should offer that poor soul a spot in our clan..."
Nyaide twitched, "No... we have YOU for a paladin already, we don't need another one..."
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:11 am

"Thats one good drink"
Last edited by DAISUKE NIWA on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:22 am

Coda smiled at his clan mates' antics, and decided to join them. From his sleeve came two tablets which were dropped in his ale and mixed in. He sat up straight and drank in small sips, occasionally laughing at his friends, but remaining quiet.

Postby DAISUKE NIWA » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:29 am

"I could use another"
Last edited by DAISUKE NIWA on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Forgotten memories » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:28 am

The reward the family gave for the shield had been less than expected, but it was still quite nice. A sword, a "Save the Queen" the old man called it. He had simply returned it, knowing these families lost most of their possessions when they had to leave their homes. He sat back down, listening for a chance to undercut another mission.

Postby Shockro » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:47 am

Demil came up from behind. He knew what Zaora Sect was. "Hurry up and kill the bastard before we move on." He said in a kind of strange, empty tone. He didnt much care for killing and would rather find the person who did this.

Postby Shebum Devi » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:16 pm

"Ha! Who would've ever guessed that these poor shlubs were loaded." She clasped her hands behind her head as she walked down the stone laid street of Invalice.
"I think it's about time to celebrate." With a jingle from a bell latched onto the pub door, she waltzed in there and flung her bag of silver on the table. "Gimme something that'll screw me up good, but make sure it doesn't taste like crap." She hollared at the barkeeper, flinginer her elaborate cape out of her way so that she can sit on the barstool.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Next

Return to Role Playing