Taking Nominations for RP Moderator

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:47 pm

I don't like it when ppl nominate themselves but Comrade told me to put a Nominate themselfs section too...

But anyway only 5 will be choosen of all of this, then it will turn into the 2 future mods.

Postby Verec » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:48 pm

yalborap2 wrote:
Jay wrote:Oh, I know it doesn't give me an advantage of sorts, it's just to point out that it's pretty safe to say that the majority of my posts are here. I posted quite a bit in Bleedman, but that was because of the Original PPGD RP BEING in the Bleedman forums so yeah >.> Anyways, I just wanted to self nominate as an excuse to put out my "campaign" whatchamacallsit.

^ what he said.

You two make me sick. Self promotion is not a sign of a good leader.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Acktoo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:49 pm

I wouldn't have to promote myself if my RPers were online, but they're not, so, I did.
Too good for you.

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:49 pm

Well, you could have joined in the beginning but that doesn't mean that you are responsible, it only means that you are very alert in the thread.

Postby yalborap2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:49 pm

I actually meant the part about posting a lot in bleedman due to PPGD RP being in the bleedman forums originally.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Re: Taking Nominations for RP Moderator

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:50 pm

But that adds a certain spice to the application, does it not? Being alert in the thread should always help along.

Postby fuzzylogik » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:51 pm

i say the best way to decide who gets the post is to watch there actions in the past and in the coming days. and pick those who display the most maturity,resposibility and fairness. let them act like mods for the next week or so and see how they do, they wont have any real power but its a good test

kind of like mod neophytes
Last edited by fuzzylogik on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:52 pm

Bah, just saw the option so why not? Anyways, the real assholes would have found one way or another to get passed that. Anyways, Devi's on enough to be useful, so she still has my full, all out support. I shalt not stop supporting Devi!! And my Hurt'n'Heal thread has been going pretty good if that's worth anything. MORE PEOPLE MUST PLAY IT!!! Sorry for the advertising, but I think it'd be more exciting with even more people.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:55 pm

I just want ppl that really care about this not for people that want to look better or that want the power of moderator to show it off.

Added after 2 minutes:

Advertising wont help <,< and i still think ti wasn't fair to kill G.I.R that fast...

And...

I will check posts made before i posted the thread not after because some people sometimes act nice to just get the position and i hate it when they do that.

Postby fuzzylogik » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:55 pm

good point

Postby Acktoo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:57 pm

I have to keep plugging for my self since no one else will do it for me:
I respect everyone on these forums, I GM a 50+ page RP, people like me, at least 400 of my posts are RP posts, and I have been here since page 20 of the original PPGDRP.
Too good for you.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:57 pm

Look better? Mods usually get shunned off and are assumed to be assholes if they actually try to be extremely professional about their jobs. If Dave weren't so afraid of banning people, he'd probably be liked much less. But whatever, aside from that, I don't THINK I really need anything more to show off. But I really want this job, so I'm making it apparent. But, I'd understand if I don't get chosen, well, I probably wouldn't understand the TRUE reason, but I'll console myself by blaming my loss on my age.

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Angelin wrote:I will check posts made before i posted the thread not after because some people sometimes act nice to just get the position and i hate it when they do that

Yes, sometimes I get all nervous for something like this because I feel that if I act slightly out of way they will believe that I am doing something of that sort Angie. I get nervous too often for the wrong things.
Last edited by Shockro on Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:02 pm

Jay, I'd probably be willing to bet your loss would be caused by your boastings. XD

Acktoo, if people do like you enough, then they'll nominate you for the job, and you shouldn't need to nominate yourself. As for them not being on right now, you could try to be patient and just wait for them to be on. But, these are just my personal opinions, anyway, so it's not really something to take to heart, if you want. :/
Demon of Elru

Postby Gias » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:03 pm

I nominate anyone who has the mindset to be a good moderator. I don't care how many posts they have, I just would like to see someone who wont abuse their powers for personal reasons. I've moded boards many a time, not to say I'm self nominating, but whoever gets the job be warned...

You have the power to make or break boards, don't take it lightly.
"After all that... I still think your annoying." -Sasuke

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:07 pm

I am getting a little mad because of the advertisin...

And i am with Gias...

Moderator isn't a game to tell you the truth, they can get banned by abusing their powers...

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:08 pm

Bleck, I've read over my "resume" and it pretty much sucks. I've been in a plentiful amount of RPs, tried to revive a few, and have a pretty long history with RPing in here. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if 1500 of my posts were in here, not sure, but that seems like a good number to me. As for caring about the thread or not, you guys decide, I only come here everyday to have fun in various RPs so ehh.

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:12 pm

*hits her forehead some* Gawd... give me ... oy... -.-'' *goes to sleep* gonna check it tommorow.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:13 pm

Ok, Im posting this for a Sentience Sweep Check.

The Post count part is there to make sure you are an active forum goer, and to also make sure that you are a healthy Poster, and not a spammer.

Are you all Listening? Or do we have to come down there and bludgeon you first? ....Because Shampoo-chan wants to test out her new bonbori, and thick skulls make the best targets.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby fuzzylogik » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:14 pm

this whole thing is starting to sound like a bad idea

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:15 pm

Trully... it is in some part but the mods will be choosen anyway.

Postby yalborap2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:17 pm

I'm just keeping my distance for now. no way in hell I'm getting into that little mess of ego-boostage and head-bashing.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Eh, I might drop out, Mod duty would make me have less time and have more responsibilities. But I'm not going to drop out, but the question is, and it's the same question asked when this subject came up last time, do we truly, and absolutely NEED Mods as of now? I mean we've come across a bad RPer here and a few people who don't know what forums are SUPPOSED to be used like, but nothing the residents couldn't really take care of.

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:20 pm

Obscure Ranma 1/2 reference! Thats always the best to include. Rayven, that makes a good point in all so I agree! Let us be chums!

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:27 pm

We need mods so they can detele the unecesary thread that are arround and that they clean this place a little up too and that they update the rules of this place with new rules aswell.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing