Taking Nominations for RP Moderator

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Taking Nominations for RP Moderator

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:40 pm

Been lately talking with comrade about this and he gave me permission to make a thread about it. First of all; There are only two spots for Moderator and it is only for this section so don't think that been a Moderator will make you control every Section you want or that you are like a Admin, If you already got that imaginated in your head i will suggest you to walk out of this thread because we will completely ignore you.

This thread is so you nominate someone from the RP section. Not from Bleedman neither Snafu. If you dont' got more than 700 posts and most of them are spam then please don't nominate yourself because i wont accept it.

The Future Moderator most be someone that Rp's here too most of his/her time too.

---------------------------
/Rules of the thread:
-No spamming
-No insults
-No Arguements
-Don't submit ppl that got lower than 500 posts
-Don't submit new people.

/Form to fill out if you nominate yourself.
Why Nominate yourself:
Wich RP Threads are you in:
How long have you RP in this threads:
Have you Even been a Moderator:
If not, Why would you want to be a Moderator
What times are you available:
What is your time: (Eastern,Western,Central, ect.)

/Nominating Someone

Why should he be a Moderator:
How long has he been arround:

I'll add more soon...

Re: Taking Nominations for RP Moderator

Postby Acktoo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:51 pm

Why Nominate yourself: Because I have one of the longest running original RPs on this forum, and why not?

Wich RP Threads are you in: New Beginnings, and I was in the Original PPGD RP

How long have you RP in this threads: Since November

Have you Even been a Moderator: No

If not, Why would you want to be a Moderator: To be able to help people in their RPs, If they need something deleted, or such.

What times are you available: Anytime after 2:00pm

What is your time: Western
Too good for you.

Postby yalborap2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:54 pm

hmm....

I nominate myself, and I also nominate jay.

now for the two lists....
Why Nominate yourself: because I think I can do a pretty good job of moderating.
Wich RP Threads are you in: megaville:apocalypse, read or die, PPGD:parallels, inuyasha sidestory, omegaville, haloish RP, afterdark inn, asylum RP.
How long have you RP in this threads: I've been RPing here for several months, and joined many of these RPs soon after they were begun.
Have you Even been a Moderator: no.
If not, Why would you want to be a Moderator: as I said before, because I think I can do a good job.
What times are you available: changes due to a fluctuating sleep schedule, although I am willing to stop said fluctuation if needed.
What is your time: (Eastern,Western,Central, ect.)pacific.

and for jay...

Why should he be a Moderator:because he could do a damn good job, simple as that.
How long has he been arround: several months.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Wizard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:01 pm

Self-Nomination

I would nominate myself becuase I don't like people who spam, and I also don't like bad RPers, who ruin it for everyone else.

I am in...
KND:Kids Next Door RP
Invader Zim RP
Captian N the RP
X-Men RP
RP University 2.0
The Arena:Lost Battlefields (Used to, got defeated)
PPGD:RP "Parallels"
Star Wars RP
Dragonball Z RP
Dark Eden Elementry RP
Assylum RP
Pokemon RP
**Infinite Earth: Humanities last stand RP**
Harry Potter RP

39 days in RPs, going on to 40 days

I have not been a Moderator before.

Becuase I would have the power to block off people who spam and make other people unhappy.

On a usual day, I'm on by 3:30 PM to 8:30 PM.

Eastern Pacific

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:02 pm

Why Nominate yourself: Well, I hate to be a egotistical jerk or something: I have enough spare time for it. I work hard for no pay. I geuss I'm pretty reliable, I understand when something breaches a limit previously set, and I know not to abuse powers.

Which RP Threads are you in: FF7 RP, Anything Goes Anime RP, and (when it comes up) FFTA RP

How long have you RP in this threads: A bit after the RP forum was made.

Have you Even been a Moderator: No, but everyone has to start somewhere!

If not, Why would you want to be a Moderator: I just feel that I would be up to it. I feel that I can better myself and others through it. It is a worthwhile job. And to help my fellow RPers, I would go through RPs I'm not part of to make sure everything is going swell there too.

What times are you available: Almost all times, but mainly 3 - 12 atlantic week days, and ALL the time on week-ends.

What is your time: (Eastern,Western,Central, ect.): Atlantic, the latest time possible in North America.

Extra Comments: Not much, but I try. I hope I get somewhere with this, but if not, meh. I believe that you shou'd not look at the fact that i'm not in a million RPs as a bad thing or weakness, but as that I have less things taking up my time to not do my job. I'd also go through all the RPs if necisary.
Last edited by Shockro on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:03 pm

[center]ME[/center]
Why Nominate yourself: Because I don't think I've been much of a problem to this board, I'm a pretty seasoned RPer, though not a very longtime one. I usually proofread and edit my posts >.> And I'm on good terms with the majority of the people whom go here.
Wich RP Threads are you in: Too many to count, though the ones that come to mind are:
KND RP
Megaville: Apocalypse
Omegaville
New Teen Titans RP
Read or Die RP
Wastelands RP
PPGD Parallel
Final Fantasy 7 RP
HALOish RP
Afterdark Inn
Original PPGD RP
Anything Goes Anime RP
Assylum RP
Captain N RP
Invader Zim RP
Vietnam '67 RP
Salem Witches
University RP
(Mind you, quite a few have gone inactive)
How long have you RP in this threads: Since it's creation, I also RPed a little before that too.
Have you Even been a Moderator: No, though I've been modding the IRC channel for the RP thread.
If not, Why would you want to be a Moderator: Frankly, because I think I'm one of the better people out there for this job, I don't really hate anyone in particular, though I do get annoyed by certain people. Also, I think I'm one of the more experienced members of this RP board, seeing as how I've been apart of this board since it's beginning. Also, I think I MIGHT be rational :)
What times are you available: Pretty much from 3:30 PST to 12amish PST And pretty much the whole day on weekends and/or holidays
What is your time: Pacific

[center]SHEBUM DEVI[/center]
Why should she be a Moderator: Shebum Devi has a few of the most successful RP threads and is one of the most liked people on these boards. Personally, I can see no one else more fit for the job (though she does do some randomness from time to time)
How long has she been around: Since the creation of this board, and a bit before that.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:05 pm

Oh yeah another mini note...

Sorry guys but we cant let everyone get nominated that easily... thats why we are only choosing ppl from 500 posts up and...

I'll Nominate myself

Why Nominate yourself: Trully i though no one was going so, bleh... And i am pretty Observative into making anything.
Wich RP Threads are you in: I havent Moderated Thread but i have Moderated Forums like; Sakura MB, Rebirth Forum and two more but closed down ;~;)
How long have you RP in this threads: Only a Month =
Have you Even been a Moderator: Yes 4 times to be exactly and I was once a Admin at my own forum and a friends one too.
What times are you available: Eastern time from 2:30pm to 9:40pm and Weekdays any time, trully.
What is your time: (Eastern,Western,Central, ect.) : Easterm

Postby Mortos » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:06 pm

I nominate Acktoo. He is a good RPer, and he has good internet etiquette.

Why should he be a Moderator: So he could rid the forum of evil spammers, kinda like a superhero.

How long has he been arround: Since November.

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:17 pm

=

I have noticed that in some forms they don't really got a good answer and it has bothered me some...

In other words;

I wont choose people that don't got a good reason to become a moderator and i hope that the people that you have choosen havent made most of their posts in other Forum sections because what i am trying to get are people that spend more time at the RP section than at Snafu or bleedman section.

Postby Kazuo Kiriyama » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:19 pm

I'll nominate Angelin. She seems serious about it and seems very experienced.

Postby fuzzylogik » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:21 pm

Id hafta Nominate Yalbo, he seems to be pretty level headed and logical.

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:22 pm

I'm nominating Angelin and then myself again :P. Angelin does know what she is talking about myself. Atleast more than 500 of my posts are from the RP forum. Who is deciding anyway?

EDIT: I'm nominating Angelin based on what she wrote down on her self-nomination sheet.
Last edited by Shockro on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Verec » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:26 pm

Most of the best canidates for this job are either offline most of the time, or have major issues with being quality mods. The primary requirements for being a mod in my opinion are the abilities to resist the draw of power, the strength of mind to stare and shout down the entire forum, the kindness to train a newb, and the wisdom to cut them loose. Skills and knowlage should be a tie-breaker, so the overwhelming dojuin nerd does not lose out to the right man for the job.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:29 pm

There is no way to tell through a person like this if they will go power abusive or not. You can only call yourself that, but then again, it would seem egotistical and be questioned because you yourself are saying it, Verec. Thats the problem :/

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:29 pm

And i'll nominate someone too;

Who: Hasegawa Rayven
Why should he be a Moderator: He helps every new person in this section and respects everyone. He doesn't insult anyone and his nice too ^^
How long has he been arround: for what i know he has been since it was created.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:33 pm

Seems some of us have forgotten to use the nominations sheets... -_-

~~~Shebum Devi~~~

Why should she be a Moderator: Shebum is generally cool to talk with, and seems to have a level head in most situations. She has yet to be the cause of any serious problems, that I have seen. She also has created some of the most popular RP threads in this area of the forums.

How long has she been arround: I'm not really sure, but I think she's been around ever since before I joined, which was November. And that was well before the Role Playing section was created.

[edit] She was here in November. ^.^ (Yes, got it right.)
Last edited by Ro Wong on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon of Elru

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:34 pm

From my knowledge, it'll be a team decision of both Angelin and Comrade, and maybe a little bit from Dave, possibly. And Shockro, I'm not COMPLETELY sure you have 500 posts in here, I'm just not believing it since the numbers don't exactly add up, but I don't really care.
Requirements of a Mod in my opinion:
Commands respect from much of the Board goers.
Trusted by the board goers.
Legible and correct grammar/spelling
Are on most of the time, at least once every two days. Exceptions are there of course.
Has no history of being power hungry in RPs, Godmodders should be a big no-no.
Can learn from mistakes.
Not very egotistical, yet with a good amount of self confidence to hold out his own beliefs.
Rational to the extent of being able to see both sides of the problem.
Puts effort forth to know the situation at least pretty well.
And I'll think of some others sometime later.

I STILL SAY DEVI!!!

Postby Acktoo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:37 pm

I have all the traits listed above, and my RP rules accomidate everyone.
Too good for you.

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:38 pm

Yes, Devi would also be a good choice in this instance. I dont see what about the numbers dont add up anyway. Jay, funniest thing its you who mentions the thing about godmodding. I still remember that time in the FF7 RP. Probably only a 1 time thing though.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Yosh, I've learned from that ^^ *points at able to learn from mistakes*
Anyways, that was totally accidental half way, I wazs not exactly sober and I was playing the OTHER Amy who's in ROD at the same time, and it's safe to say she has said time powers. I was out of whack and had gone down the drain so yeah. But that's probably THE worse godmod I've done so far. And I'm glad to say my english was never terrible >.>

Postby Angelin » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:41 pm

I already get it that you choose Devi XD but does she connects most of the time? we cant choose someone that hasn't been on lately since we want someone that can be in the day time and in the night time since we got different time zones.

Thats why i am checking every person that gets dominated posts so i don't choose a spammer.

Most post must be here not in other sections

And the part of been here since it has been made doesn't give you advantages, sorry.
Last edited by Angelin on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby fuzzylogik » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:41 pm

isn't self nomination a conflict of interests?

no offense to anyone who did nominate themselves,it's just something we should take into consideration.

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:44 pm

Oh, I know it doesn't give me an advantage of sorts, it's just to point out that it's pretty safe to say that the majority of my posts are here. I posted quite a bit in Bleedman, but that was because of the Original PPGD RP BEING in the Bleedman forums so yeah >.> Anyways, I just wanted to self nominate as an excuse to put out my "campaign" whatchamacallsit.

Postby yalborap2 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:45 pm

Jay wrote:Oh, I know it doesn't give me an advantage of sorts, it's just to point out that it's pretty safe to say that the majority of my posts are here. I posted quite a bit in Bleedman, but that was because of the Original PPGD RP BEING in the Bleedman forums so yeah >.> Anyways, I just wanted to self nominate as an excuse to put out my "campaign" whatchamacallsit.

^ what he said.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Shockro » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:45 pm

You're right Angie, Devi only connects every so often. Oh, and been here since its been made doesnt have any advantages? But you said somewhere in there that how long you've been here is a plus, and that counts towards that. Unless thats not what you meant by it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I also feel quite sad now because of the circumstances of me not having posted here as much as other nominees. You see I'm as seasoned an RPer as most, yet when this first arrived it was almost all composed of PPGD or coartoon-ish RPs, and I don't quite enjoy PPGD or regular cartoons as much as the next person in here. I only recently saw one such as the FF RP (although recently isnt quite the term anymore I geuss)
Last edited by Shockro on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Return to Role Playing