Halo-ish RP Thread: Better than drinking Red Bull!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Halo-ish RP Thread: Better than drinking Red Bull!

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:41 pm

Jack and Ellen followed Cyros out of the back hole. Jack doubled back, and grabbed his back pack from the brush. They caught up just as Zero dispatched the second bot. [color=yellow]â€

Postby smileyblacksun » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:43 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]Jack and Ellen followed Cyros out of the back hole. Jack doubled back, and grabbed his back pack from the brush. They caught up just as Zero dispatched the second bot. [color=yellow]â€
And God looked down upon the mortals and said: "...wtf are you noobs doing on my lawn?"

That's the problem with worshipping the god of schemes. You never quite know whether or not you're being divinely blessed, screwed over royally, or both at the same time.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:44 pm

(OOC: We kinda figured Smiley.)
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Cyros » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:08 pm

"I think we all should get out of here before more of those mechs appear," shouted Cyros. He made his way out of the main building and stopped by the ruins of the wreck life pod. "Maybe we should fix our little friend before we leave. I'm getting tried from carrying him around."

"I think we can activate any self-repair systems he has via an electrical surge. That pod there should have enough energy to do so."

"Good idea Mandy." He knelt next to the pod and tore open a panel of the hull, reached in and unhooked a red power conduit. The end was sparkling with electrical energy, perfect for zapping a foe or starting up a machine. "Let's just hope his systems can take it."

He slowly brought the live wire to the rear of the rec robot. Cyros brought it closer and closer, until...

"ZZZZZZZZZZHRRRRRRDNFKDH-OH MY!!!"

A wave of energy covered the machine and almost immediately it sprang back to life. A small blue glow appeared on it's lower area and it lifted into the air, it's arms failing about like a man how was electricuted. It's main optice glowed to life, a bright blue, and took focus on Cyros.

"What do you think you're doing!? An uncontrolled electrical surge can have damaging effects on a machine of my status- wait... Who are you???" The machine sounded almost human, yet there seemed to be a lack of emotion in some places. Almost like a politician from the early 21st century, as Cyros remembered from the recordings he watched in middle school.

"I should be asking that," informed Cyros. "Are you the Monitor of this instillation?"

"'Instillation?' 'Monitor?' What are you talking about??? My designation is 001 Fury Voltage, Chief Service Drone of Sub-Class 16 of this sector of Forerunner Halo Alpha. And you, I must say, are not a Forerunner!"

"Well, I think they have been gone for several hundred millenia..."

"What!?" exclaimed Fury Voltage. "How can that be-"

"I found you deactivated in that building nearby. You seemed to have been offline for a long, long time..."

"Impossible, that... wait... anaylizing chronometer... oh my... it seems... you are right... oh dear... this cannot be good... this will not do..."

"Something wrong?" asked Cyros.

"Of course something's wrong!" the small drone shouted. "If I have been offline for several hundred millenia, then my duties have not been done! The systems of my sector have not been kept in check! It will effect all other areas of the ring! And the system!"

"Wow, he sounds like a wreck," Mandy inquired silently to Cyros. "Maybe we should see what he can do to help us.

"YOU!" shouted the service drone, pointing a finger at Cyros. "I am glad you have reactivated me, but now I need your help to guide me to the main monitor station on this ring! I'd go alone, but if my figures are correct..."

"This wouldn't have to do with malfunctioning Sentinels, would it?" inquired the teenage boy.

"More than that! All automated defenses will register anything besides themselves as intruders! If we can get to the main control center, we can deactivate them for some time until I can make necessary repairs."

"Okay then, sounds like a plan. What do we do first?"

"First," explained the robot. "I must retrieve any records from the past few cycles from the building I was in. Then, I will lead you to the map station several kilometers away. For security reasons, I do not have to location of the monitor room in the memory banks; you must decifer the data yourself to find the location."

"That shouldn't be to much trouble for me," Mandy answered.

"Okay then Volt," said Cyros. "Let's go to the others and explain everything. Oh, and watch out for the guy in red armor; he might try to shoot you." He started to walk back to the ruins, Fury Voltage floating behind.

"'Shoot me?' Oh dear, I never have an easy day..."

[OOC: Long post, ain't it? XD ]
Hmm... could Jenny be a Hot Rod fan, perhaps?

"What happened? The last thing I remember was a very mean kitten, and then we were in this janitor's closet! And my throat hurts, a lot." ~Micheal J. Caboose

Postby Verec » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:23 pm

(Raises hand; Point of interest, with no repairs, how solid is the containment units around the flood?)
At the same time, a small group of Phantoms was making runs from the island to the mainland, dumping grunts and jackels with a elite or two to supervise near any forrunner buildings. Fortunately they already thought they had inspected the buildings where the group was, but another group had been landed near the maproom...
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Cyros » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:07 pm

Verec wrote:(Raises hand; Point of interest, with no repairs, how solid is the containment units around the flood?)
At the same time, a small group of Phantoms was making runs from the island to the mainland, dumping grunts and jackels with a elite or two to supervise near any forrunner buildings. Fortunately they already thought they had inspected the buildings where the group was, but another group had been landed near the maproom...

[OOC: DId I actually say there was any Flood on the ringworld yet? Nope. So assume now that there aren't any.]

"What happened? The last thing I remember was a very mean kitten, and then we were in this janitor's closet! And my throat hurts, a lot." ~Micheal J. Caboose

Postby Verec » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:18 pm

(I would prefer to err on the side of caution.)
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby smileyblacksun » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:21 pm

Jack and Ellen followed the group for now, they seemed to want to get somewhere before the covenant. Helping your enemy's enemy was always a good idea, unless he was your enemy too.

As they walked to the building Jacks medium ranged radio piped to life. [color=green]“To any UNMC troops, this is sergeant major Dan Mackson. Can you read?â€
Last edited by smileyblacksun on Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And God looked down upon the mortals and said: "...wtf are you noobs doing on my lawn?"

That's the problem with worshipping the god of schemes. You never quite know whether or not you're being divinely blessed, screwed over royally, or both at the same time.

Postby yalborap2 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:35 pm

--when the sentinels came---
shokoro reacted instantly, jumping back, grabbing her dropped devil-shot, and firing a pair of electrical shots at two sentinels. they did a large amount of damage, but went unnoticed in the combat.

---current time---
shokoro followed as well, finally deciding to get something done that had to be done.

she grabbed jack by the back of the collar, stopping him from moving for a moment and grabbing his attention. letting go, she began to speak.
"two things;one, don't point a loaded gun at me. two, my gun wasn't loaded. I'm not enough of an idiot to shoot someone who's not an enemy. these things need energy to fire, and they change color when they get it."
beginning to walk, shokoro kept her attention on jack, rather worried he might do something stupid like pull out a loaded gun.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:05 am

Teppiata sighed, why must everyone make enemies of themselves. She didn't really see why, but she decided not to think too deeply of it.
Waltz was still looking at the ship, trying to visualize how the blueprints would look like. He saw the others walk off and quickly dragged the whole ship into hiding before running after them, catching up. "So... any plans?"
Teppiata turned, "I have no idea, maybe one of the others do..."
Waltz turned to the others, waiting for the possibility of an answer.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby smileyblacksun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:56 pm

Jack stared Shokoro down. "And let me tell you something. Next time you point a gun at me that I don't know weather or not it's loaded, I will perceive it as a lethal threat." Jack removed his helmet and leaned in, his face inches away from Shokoro’s. [color=olive]“Loaded or unloaded, I don’t like guns being pointed at me.â€

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:59 pm

The arguemants drew some unwanted attention, a lone spec force Elite in black armor. He activated his camo and snuck closer, moving from tree to tree, keeping his steps in time with the strange group's. He saw the Fugative and the others, but did not attack, instead waiting for the opening.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:01 pm

Zero eyes narrowed slightly as his pace slowed just a slight bit, 'Ai, Give me a focused sensor sweep in the surrounding woods. All spectrums.'

-Alright Zero. hold on a second.- Ai said as she began running the sweep. After a moment she "spoke" back up in his head, -I still don't understand how you do that, but we've got a strange EM field disturbance about ten metres in that direction.- she said as the directional indicator appeared in his sight. -It could have been just a normal shift in the ring magnetics or something similar, but the signal keeps shifting. Almost as though it's trying to hide as a fluctuation.-

Nodding quietly to himself, Zero turned slightly as though to ask Jack something. Turning his body to be between the disturbance field and his hands, he began motioning to Jack in the few hand signals he could remember from the military on the many worlds he had been on. Although they came from a different world, the signals were very good at getting the person's point across.

=Strange disturbance 12 metres behind me. Could be enemy. Ideas?=

Postby smileyblacksun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:12 pm

Jack laughed flakily. He then muttered something into Ellen‘s ear. She seemed shocked for a instant but then giggled. Standing on her toes, she appeared to kiss his cheek. He then signed back a moment later. =Boss says shoot to kill if it keeps following.=

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:39 pm

While the elite missed that little exchange, he had called in the sighting to his base, reporting the enemies and their strange acountments. He took a special intrest in the floating drone, and as he crouched watching, he turned the plasma gernade around and around in his hand. The weapon was the only way he could stand against so many, yet he knew that it might destroy the forerunner creation.

Postby Cyros » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:17 pm

Walking back up to where Zero was, Cyros spotted more people had arrived. He recognized the one's that had USNC uniforms, but the others he had not seen before, except the few minutes before when the Sentinels were attacking.

"Hey guys, I got the little bugger online and-" he paused as he noticed Zero poses for something. "Did more of those machine activate?"

"Highly improbable," Fury Voltage said. "Only 3 Sentinels and two Guerillas were stationed at this settlement; the nearest settlement from here is the same place where the map station is, so more of them are not likely."

"Covenant forces then?" inquired Mandy.

"Maybe... but anyway..." the teen turned to everyone else. "Okay, can we get some introductions here? I think it'll help all of us figure out what's going on."

He then pointed at Zero and said, "and you: No shooting at 001 Fury Voltage, okay?"

Postby smileyblacksun » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:32 pm

Jack walked over to Cyros, and shook his hand feverishly. He then leaned in and whispered. [color=olive]"I‘m Jack, the navy officer is Ellen. Lie loudly. We got a unwanted guest.â€

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:45 pm

(OOC: Do your characters have NO SENSE OF DISCRETION AT ALL?!?! Did you miss the point that we were trying to AVOID letting the intruder KNOW we had realized he was there? Not talking about you Smiley I'm done Ranting now.)

Quickly Zero walked over to Cyros, with a smile on his face, "Yeah, thought I saw a Sentinel in the trees over there." He said as he approached when he was close enough he clamped a hand down over Cyros' shoulder and Then under his breath. "We are TRYING to keep our hand covered here. Please, shut up."

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:27 am

shokoro's ears perked up slightly. it sounded like someone moving around....
'oh fucking goody...'
she decided to get one last word in before turning her attention to the threat.
"jack, ya need to learn that not everyone works on military concepts. we're probably gonna be stuck here for a while, and I'm not about to let your arrogance just because you land via drop-pods get me or anyone else killed. think next time. oh, and don't make threats you can't back up. I'd have you dead with my bare hands before you pulled the trigger."
sure, it was a bluff, but bluffs worked well. shokoro glanced in the general direction of the cloaked elite, REALLY hoping it was something either friendly or easy to kill.

Postby Verec » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:28 am

The Elite finnaly figured out why they had stoped and swore to itself. Pulling another grenade from i'ts hand, it acrivated the first one and threw it like a baseball strait at the group. The second followed a second later, and the Elite was falling back into the woods.
OOC Allright folks, here is where it gets dicy. Pray that none of you got stickyed, but with two granades going in at once, odds are one of them stuck to someone.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:31 am

shokoro saw the glowing blue ball heading her way, and figuring it wasn't harmless, jumped. it barely missed touching her, and seemed to hang for a split second before it finished dropping.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:21 am

Zero had dove to the side as soon as he saw the blue ball of plasma appear, and his hand was converted even before he had landed. a split second later, a bluish-white glow lit up the inside of the barrel of his buster, and a burst of ionized plasma erupted forth, streaking towards the disturbance where the grenade had come from.

(Let me clarify, with the Ionized Shot, Zero loses a LOT of stopping power, but getting hit by it is the same as getting engulfed in the shockwave of an EMP blast. In other words, it eats up shields and other electronic devices and still wants more. If he gets hit, it's gonna drain all his power away. but the shields "Should" keep it from getting to his weapon if he has any.)

Postby Verec » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:30 am

The disruptive blast ripped away what was left of the Elite's active camo, and reduced the shields to zero. The weekened force field hadn't stood a chance. Reacting with a harsh cry of confusion, and furry, the Elite sent a burst of plasma fire over the group's head as he dove behind a tree.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:36 am

shokoro growled, yanking her gun off of it's magnet and charging it full of ice energy as she landed, the grenade she barely dodged exploding harmlessly. the devil-shot glowed an icy blue in her left hand, the red trim remaining unchanged.
"dammit....."
the shot would be useless if she fired now. but, if she waited until the damnable...thing showed itself, she could have more power in the shot, and would do some serious damage, even through that armor(assuming it WAS armor.).

Postby Verec » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:44 am

The second grenagde had flown true and afixed itself to poor Cyros' leg. The powerful weapon hissed and fizzled as iot counted down. (four seconds to get clear of the group's unaromoured members. One going off too close to zero can fry some of his electronics.)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing