Halo-ish RP Thread: Better than drinking Red Bull!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Halo-ish RP Thread: Better than drinking Red Bull!

Postby Cyros » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:27 pm

In the vastness of intergalactic space... on the very edge of the Milky Way galaxy... existed a faint, yet large star known as Genesis. It was fairly new, less then half a billion years old. As it was far from the mianstream of galactic civilization, it is vurtially ignored.

The system only has three planets; a small heat-stricken rock closest to the sun, and a medium sized gas giant on the edges of the star's pull. The middle planet, without a name, orbited in the small band that allowed a planets to sustain life. In it's short existance, it had gave birth to a habital atmosphere, thousands of species of planet life, and a few hundred primative animals.

However, that was not the most interesting part of the system.

Sixty degrees behind the orbit of the second planet floated a unnatural formation: Thousands of kilometers in curcumference, a large metallic ring spun on an unseen axis in the centerpoint on it's curve. Moreso, the inside of the ring was not mechanical, but was dotted with all sorts of geographical formations; forests, swamps, montains, rivers, lakes, tundra. Truly, it was a masterpiece of engineering.

The ringworld was the first thing noticed by the two vessel's entering the system from sub-space. One a large interstellar frigate, the other a smaller yet sleek modified scout vessel. The occupant of the smaller vessel radioed the larger vessl at that time.

"It seems we've lost those pirates," the ship's sole occupant spoke. "But my ship... damn, they really did a number on me."

"Join the club, kid," replied a gruff figure from the ship's bridge. The frigate, known as the Dragon's Fang, was commanded by an aged veteran of an earlier war. He went only by the name "Fang," and had lead his crew and passangers through many tough excursions. However, when the Curginca pirates assualted his convey group, he was lucky to have the young pilot only a few thousand kilometers nearby. "We'll need to settle down for repairs... and it seems we have two choices for a ood landing."

"Captian Fang, I'm sorry if I'm being rude," the younger pilot said, "but I'm insisting that you land on the second planet. You have enough fuel and your core is intact enough to get you there safely."

Fang laughed at the younger pilot's suggestion. "Cyros, may I point out that the ring structure is much closer to the both of us?"

The young teen sighed. "True, but as an artificial construct, I really don't want your crew to be in any danger. And besides, my ship won't hold up long enough to reach the second planet."

"But what about the dangers for you, kid?"

Cyros chuckled. "I fought off a bunch of pirates, did I? I can take the risk; you can't. You have civilians on board, you know."

"Point taken. We'll settle down on the planet then. Once we get a shuttle ready, I'll send some of my crew by to lend you a hand."

"Thanks Captian," Cyros responded, which was later followed by a muffled explosion. "Oh crap, A thruster blew out... I better land before my ship is unable to land."

"Then get moving, yah sloth!" Fang joked. He turned to the pilot of his own ship and said, "Set course for the second planet, 50% max speed, and try to find a flat place to land this time!"

At that point, the smaller ship changed course and headed toward the inner part of the ringworld, and the frigate continued on it's way to the second planet.

Neither ship noticed the extremly faint readings of sub-dimensional rips occuring beyong the orbit of the gas giant...

[OOC: This is it, the thread is up! Everyone, come on down to the ringworld happy hour! WHOO!!! w00t]
Hmm... could Jenny be a Hot Rod fan, perhaps?

"What happened? The last thing I remember was a very mean kitten, and then we were in this janitor's closet! And my throat hurts, a lot." ~Micheal J. Caboose

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:41 pm

a portal slowly opened up in a wide, open plain. it grew bigger, and soon two women stepped through. one looked to be roughly nineteen, with long brown hair. at her waist were two rather large handguns with red trim held there by magnets, known as the devil-shots. the other, roughly 23 with pink hair, although it's original color showed through near the roots. on her back was what appeared to be the handle of a scythe.
"somehow, I expected there to be more....civilization around where the thing dropped us off."
it was the shorter girl who spoke. getting very close to twenty, her name was shokoro. she had been a morphis demon for at least two years now, and had long since adapted to the effects of such a lifestyle. but, just who was the girl next to her with the scythe handle?

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby Loud mouth » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:43 pm

Heracy overHeard the Chatter "It looks like another Battle." he stated in a somber tone.
Xbox live gamer tag: Loudmoth

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:47 pm

The covenant crusier was a massive ship, but elegant. It swung forward into the system, having place itself exactly onto the L1 point of the gas giant, a diplay of it's nagiator's skill. On the bridge, deep within the vessal, a cheer went up, as the elites got the images of the objuscts in the system...and one was a huge ring. They did not have a perfect view but there was much congradulatory back patting, even in the grunts. One elite stood seperate, a bit dispondant at the fact that the prophet Regret was not here to witness this glorious sight. He stood forward and spoke to the room at large. "The great journey will surely begin soon, but we only dare explore the outer glory of Halo. We shall not plumb it's depths as our bretheren did, and risk the Parasite. Move the ship closer and prepare to land troops at the temples of the Forerunners."
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby Loud mouth » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:57 pm

A person beside Heracy Stated Need I remind you that amongst most of the crew of this ship you are still viewed as untrustwothy. It would be unwise to express regret for what you have to do in front of the crew members." Heracy had a confused look on his face and stated "Why would it be seen as strange to feel regret for killing your own kind? I hear that humans express the same feelings when the time is appropiate." The person monitering Heracy Stated "suit yourself, I'm just trying to help you keep out of trouble."
Last edited by Loud mouth on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:13 pm

Out in the middle of space, all was still. No movement, no sound, no light, only the aether and it spoke to none. Then in this darkness a Gateway opened, a swirling vortex similar to a door. Through it flew a small one man fighter, it's backswept wings covered in markings of several civilizations that had worked on the smooth and constantly remodeled ship. It rolled several times as it exited, the engines Roaring silently in the deep of Space as it turned towards the second planet, and shot forward on it's thrusters.

'A ringworld. I really hope that's not another one of those Nivenian ones. Those people in that dimension were crazy.'

'Well, you do seem to bring out the worst in people, Zero.'

'......Just get us ready for landing.' The pilot thought to his AI, piloting in on the ringworld. He either didn't notice, or didn't care about the Covenant Ships that had appeared just before, as he flew in towards the Ringworld.

A monitor station on the bridge of the Justicar's ship started showing a warning, and immediately began bringing up information and ship descriptions on the small craft. The grunt watching the monitor looked in surprise at the monitor, before turning and calling over the Justicar quickly with an Urgent look. It was obvious something was severely agitating the low rank soldier.
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Re: Halo-ish RP Thread: Better than drinking Red Bull!

Postby Wizard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:23 pm

(I guess I'll play most Megaman characters...)

'Well Megaman, what do you think of my newest invention?" Dr. Light asked.

"Ummm...What does it do again?" Rock asked.

"It's a spaceship! It will allow us to go farther than we could ever go before!" Dr. Light exclaimed.

"It looks cool." Roll said.

"Yeah." Rock said.

"We need to test it though..." Dr. Light said. He looked at Rock.

"I'll go! It sounds fun to travel in space!" Rock said enthusiastically.

"Can I go too?" Roll asked.

"No, I need you to stay and help around the lab!" Dr. Light said.

Roll grumbled something unintelligable and shuffled out of thr room.

In ten minutes, Rock was all ready to go.

"Remember to keep the safety belt on!" Dr. Light said.

"Alright, dad." Rock said, sighing.

"Do you have all your weapons? Your extra helmets?" Dr. Light questions.

"YES!" Rock said.

"Alright, alright, geez..." Dr. Light said.

In the cargo hold, Protoman had snuck in.

"Looks like me bro will need me in space. He's too dumb to handle stuff like this on his own." Protoman said. He ran up to the cockpit as Dr. Light shut the door. He strapped in.

"Protoman!" Rock said, surprised.

"Yeah, I'm here. To help." Protoman said.

Dr. Light pushed the button and the spaceship took off. He waved as the shuttle zoomed into space.

Postby Cyros » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:30 pm

As the scout ship crossed into the band of nighttime to daylight of the ringworld, it began to steadly trun downward. Flares of plasma began to form outside the hull as it entered the upper reaches of the atmosphere.

"Hey, the hull's getting pretty hot out here! Mind slowing down just a little!?"

"Can't do that, Amanda," replied Cyros. "I don't want to risk any more thrusters blowing out before the landing sequence."

A holographic face of a teenage girl appeared, a look of annoyance on her face. "If we go any faster, I can't gaurentee we'll make it that far!"

"What do you expect after being in a pirate assualt!?" he agrued. Another explosion soon flowed and several sparks flew near his helmet.

"We just lost another thruster, Cy. We're not going to hold out much longer!"

"We'll be find, Amanda... trust me."

The AI of the ship sighed and went back to monitoring the ship's flight path. They were only several kilometers from the surface, yet rapidly descending at an increasing velocity. Warning signals flared in the background, and the outside of the ship began to peel ever so slightly...

"Oh shit, JONATHAN!" Amanda cried out, using her programmer's first name. "The ship's falling apart, we need to land, NOW!!!"

Cyros stared at the outside viewport, seeing a collection of mountians and valleys. "Alright Mandy, engage thrusters NOW!"

Outside the scout ship, several thrusters and air brakes activated, slowing down the ship well enough to stop the force of friction on the hull. It was only several hundred meters from impacting into a dense forest.

"BRACE FOR IMPACT!" shouted Amanda, and then the ship crashlanded, knocking out the holo-projectors and the pilot. A pillar a smoke began to rise from the crash site.
Hmm... could Jenny be a Hot Rod fan, perhaps?

"What happened? The last thing I remember was a very mean kitten, and then we were in this janitor's closet! And my throat hurts, a lot." ~Micheal J. Caboose

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:32 pm

The Justicar growled at the disruption, but he redirected the small stations' data to his own command post. His eyes narrowed at the odd little ship, and he was confused as to what race it might be from. A glance at the energy flowing out of it's engines gave him a shiver. It was Human that much was certain, their ion engines had a rather odd signature. "Stand by fighters, and prepare to capture that vessel. If he will not surrender, then we will bring him low. Move us up, until we are 1000km behind him. Then hail him. He has one chance to surrender." No one needed the orders of the Justicar to know what happened next.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"

Postby Wizard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:40 pm

"Hey, it's actually working!" Rock said. Then the shuttle began smoking.

"DOn't think so." Protoman said.

The engines stopped entirely.

"What now?" Rock said.

"Maybe if we use our blasts we can fly back to Earth." Protoman said.

In a few minutes, Megaman and Protoman were charging up their blasters.

"Are you sure about this?" Rock asked.

"No, FIRE!" Protoman said, firing his blaster.

Rock did the same. The ship was soon plummeting off course towards the Earth. 'We're gonna crash!" Rock yelled.

The ship crashed near where Cyros' ship had crashed.

"Hey, we're alive!" Protoman said. His whistle sounded loudly.

"Yeah..." Rock said. He threw up.

"Nice..." Protoman said.

Postby Loud mouth » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:42 pm

Heracy had seen the ship fall and decided to be proactive He turned to his monitor " Get in contact with The frigate commander, Ask them to look for any Covanant flag ships." The moniter relayed the message to the bridge.
Last edited by Loud mouth on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:49 pm

<--is not in a flagship. Not at all. >.>

Postby Loud mouth » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:50 pm

OOC: My bad, But still.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:02 pm

(OOC: and please LM, Im asking as a fellow poster that you learn to correct the mistakes in your post before posting it. one or two is understandable, but having around 5-6 errors is just sloppy.)

The AI in his ship started feeding in information as their sensor net picked up the approaching Covenant ships. 'Look alive Zero, We've got Company.' The AI said to him as Zero took in the information of the approaching ships. He was just receiving the Hail when the Ship design fell into place in his mind and he activated the communications.

On the covenant Ship, a Holoprojector used in communications flipped up on the bridge and a Holographic Simulation of Zero appeared in it's field, looking out over the bridge, the first words out of Zero's mouth was a mutter of, "Mother of all Reploids, not you guys again......"

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:12 pm

The Justicar was startled by the holo image, and straitened up to his full height of eight feet. "I am the Justicar Sangheili Voress of the Prophet of Regret. You are hereby ordered to lay down arms, and come peaceably Fugative. I will not, in the names of my holy masters, allow you to dirty the sacred ring of Halo. This is your only warning."

Postby Wizard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:16 pm

(1. Rayven, are you talking to me, and 2. Are we on Earth 001?)

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:32 pm

Zero had listened intently to the commands of the Justicar, and the bridge grunts were speaking to themselves in awe of the figure in the Hologram.

"It's the Fugitive!"
"He destroyed the base Royal Enlightenment!"
"He's a monster!"

Zero was Unimpressed at the End of the Justicars little speech, and raised a hand as he finished. A moment later, He gave them the One-fingered Salute, along with, "Screw that. Goodbye." Then the Transmission cut as Zero's Engines flared and his ship simply wasn't there anymore.

Added after 1 minutes:

No, and no.

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:40 pm

The Justicar raised his head and roared. "The Fugative has escaped again! Deploy the fighters to screen the ring, and get our men to the surface. With the speed of the gods my brothers We cannot allow this heratic to land upon the sacred ring with his fithy footsteps!" The Justicar had never let a hunt escape before, and if the Fugative returned, he would show him the might of the gods.

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:20 pm

Teppiata turned to face her companion, "Yes... not much civilization... at least not for a while."
She pointed at a large protruding tower of a gigantic height off into the distance.
"I don't have a particularily good feeling about this place..."

Waltz groaned as he awoke, the after effects of the bomb. She looked to the left and to the right, "Alice?"
He rubbed his temples and waited as his sight slowly reoriented. He looked forward at the glass between him and the cold of space. He sighed, "I hope Alice is alright... I wouldn't be able to forgive myself..."
He kicked the side of the cramped escape pod causing it to disorient and start to float towards the ring planet. "DAMN IT."
It took him a while, but he noticed that he just screwed up his course, "Well... shit."
The pod started dropping faster before it crashed one kilometre away from Teppiata. He groaned, "That was definetly not one of my better landings."
He pushed himself out of the pod, extremely glad that he lucked out and it had oxygen, "Phew, at least I'm not going to die... better see if the phone can reach sis, maybe she can get me out of this mess."
He tapped the underside of his wrist as a piece of plating slid and revealed something like a phone, it dialed on it's own, never being used for a different person.

Teppiata's necklace began to ring, she was quite surprised by it, she took the small jewel and put it into her right ear, "Yo."
Waltz smiled, glad that he was close enough, "Hey sis, I'm in a bit of a jam right now... you think you can pick me up? I'm in this sorta... ringworld thing..."
"Really now?" She asked surprised, "What luck. We're on the same place too."
"We? I thought you traveled alone..." Replied Waltz, slightly suspcious.
"Err, it's a long story, but we'll find you, just stay put." Commanded Teppiata, she knew her little brother feared her, it was a well known fact between the two.
"Yes yes", he groaned, then hung up sitting on a nearby rock and waited for his sister and this other "we".

Teppiata gave Shokoro a happy excited look, "Guess what? You get to meet my lil' bro, he got stranded here just now! Come on! Let's go find him!"
Teppiata was over excited, that would prove bad for those around her as Shokoro soon found out, being dragged towards Waltz's signal without even her verbal input.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:24 pm

shokoro sighed, knowing there was no way in hell teppia would be convinced of anything other than heading towards her brother at top speed. at least she got a free ride.....
"so, just what's your brother like?"

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Teppiata kept running at full speed, one KM wasn't THAT long, only 1000 meters.
"Well let's see, last time I've seen him was quite a few years back, back then he was... only like 10, so he's probably very different now. But one thing I'll tell you know, just so you don't get creeped out or anything, he lost both of his arms quite a long time ago, so then my family and I created artifcial arms for him, him leading in the machine design and stuff. He's a genius with machines I tell you."
She kept running, Shokoro asked another question, "So... is he going to be like... okay with us?"
Teppiata stopped dead, "Well shit, no he ain't, he hated it when I was with guys... but another girl... yeesh... oh well... I'm sure he won't blow up many things of REAL value so eh... let's just go alright?"
Teppiata sped off again.

Waltz lied down on the ground lazily, he had no intention of doing any more then he had to. With that said, he was just thinking things over, his face bold with concentration. An outside person might think he was planning something inconcievable, but in reality, he was just daydreaming about his friend, Alice.

Postby yalborap2 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:39 pm

"this could prove rather....interesting."
the rest of the trip proved uneventful, but what was about to come would probably be insane to compensate.

Postby Verec » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:45 pm

OOC For convieniance I will designate the ring's coordinates by degrees from the Core or the primary firing station. Degrees will be measured in a clockwise direction. The covenant crusier will be landing at 229 degrees clockwise of the Core in the middle of the ring's thickness.

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:57 pm

Teppiata soon reached where Waltz was and yelled to him, "HEY!!! BRO, IT'S ME!!!"
She continued to carry Shokoro before putting her down nearby Waltz and embraced him with a hug. Soon after, she took one hand and messed around with his hair, "You've grown up a lot, and you've been tinkering with arms. Heh, so what have you been up to?"

Waltz gave her an unsure look, then looked at her hair, the scythe on her back, then finally looked at Shokoro, noting that she was a girl.
"I think *I* should be asking THAT question!"

Teppiata avoided his glare, "Uhh, yeah, um... right..."

Postby fuzzylogik » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:59 pm

The space hulk lurched out of the warp into an uknown sector of space "Duh boss we be outta da space hole now" one of the orks shouted to the much larger one sitting in a makeshift throne. "goods i been wantin to do some smashin" Morkill walked over to one of the windows "looks like dem humies boyz ave set up a big ol space station up ere" he said as he pointed to the ring "BOYZ GET TO YER DROP SHIPS WE'S GOING LOOTIN!" A raucous cheer rocked through the station

~Later On The Ring~

The Ork's had set up a makeshift camp on the surface "where is all da humies? them softies is hiding in ere somewhere we'll find em and smashem"

Next

Return to Role Playing