RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Zath » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:10 pm

I like the idea too, it seems fun.

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:11 pm

A little advertisement goes a long way, Darrell!

Onwards, new one! You have enough votes!
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Cloud3514 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:22 pm

Life of a Hunter
Original Concept by Revenant of VG Cats forum.

Welcome to Central City, a bustling, steam-powered metropolis placed smack dab in the middle of the known world. It's a city much like those you or I would know, with its own share of problems: crime, pollution, homelessness. Of course, the fuel that powers this city is coal, not electricity, while most other technology is at a Renaissance-era level. That, and there stands another threat to its safety. Monsters.

Enter the Hunters. This is a group entirely devoted to the protection of Central City from hostile creatures, their distinguishing trait being that they are all monsters themselves: among them are vampires, undead, and the possessed. Every member has an affliction. It's the only job a sane yet still afflicted person can hold.

All races are accepted: Humans should be familiar to all of you. The Weren are a race appearing like half-animals, half-people. They are not those cute little girls with cat ears, however: they are more like beast than man in regards to appearance, and more often than not, behavior. They have had a long and bitter conflict with the humans, although the two races have learned to coexist in certain areas. The Rakni are a fleet-footed, frail, four-armed race who otherwise look like humans with tanned skin. They tend to wear their hair short and their warriors are covered in tattoos. They are a very spiritual people, generally, and tend to take a guerrilla approach to battle. Finally, there are the Elementals, nature incarnate. They tend to be reclusive, but they don’t shy away from unleashing the wrath of their respective element on aggressors.

You will be one of these Hunters. It's a tough and thankless job, but it's a worthwhile one. And it's not like you had a choice, anyways.

Name:
Age and Gender:
Race: (No mixed breeds. Half of this Elemental/Weren and half that Elemental/Weren (like fire/wind and owl/beaver) is fine, but a half-human, half-Rakni is a no-no.)
Affliction/Reason for Applying (semi-optional): (Go ahead, be creative. Also note that too many afflictionless characters (IE, more than one or two) and I will start rejecting them)
Abilities/Skills:
Appearance:
Bio:
--------------------

Additional information:

The hunters are lead by Senior Hunters who have proven themselves and been around longer than any of the others. Anyone wishing to play as a Senior Hunter should PM their character to me before posting it in the OOC, same for villains.

Original Story can be found here: http://forum.vgcats.com/showthread.php?t=13163

The sequel can be found here: http://forum.vgcats.com/showthread.php?t=16041
Last edited by Cloud3514 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Postby BobSagat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:24 pm

Existencial_Heresy wrote:I see no one found the sample intro very interesting, but not too worry, it just tells me I need more work as a writer.

Heh, sorry about that, even though I was the one had asked you for a sorta intro I also neglected responding to you.

Is Good.

But I probably won't participate, gonna be busy for a few weeks and EE will be all I can handle then.

Maybe later.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby CarrionMan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:48 pm

One more go with it…

Votes:
Aneri
Tuor(already has designed sheet)

Misanthrope's Cause

Well, basis of this idea is that the RPers are a prominent rock/metal band, and we're on tour. With me as lead singer, and whoever on lead guitar, we roleplay time on the customized bus, in the hotel, and, of course, events at the concerts, whether it be fires, or a crowd riot. Now, the thing is, we gotta take it seriously, because I want dark characters, with common problems that are associated with famous rockers, i.e. my character will be addicted to alcohol and depressants. Yeah, that's all.

[center]The Band:[/center]
Misanthrope's Cause is a metal/ska/punk/hard rock band that is very prominent. It tends to be the mainstream of this time.

[center]Parts:[/center]
Manager-
Lead singer- Me, Nathan Harris.
Lead Guitar-
Rhythm Guitar-
Bass Guitar-
Drummer-
Violinist(yes, violinist)-
Keyboardist/Pianist-
Side Vocals-
Side Vocals(optional)-
Side Vocals(optional)-
Groupies(up to however, optional)-

[center]Current Tour:[/center]
Los Angeles
Cleveland
Washington D.C.
Pittsburg
Chicago
Frankfort
Dallas
Houston
Austin
Christi Corpsi
San Diego
Los Angeles(personal gig)
Honolulu

[center]Character Sheet:[/center]
Name:
Age(19-25, except groupies, they can be any age):
Appearance:
Personality:
Position Wanted(I will decide if they get it or not):
Point of Origin:
Issues(optional, but wanted):
Inspirations:
Trivia:

[center]Example:[/center]
Name: Nathan Jhonen(Joe-hannan) Harris
Appearance: Nathan Jhonen Harris has medium black hair that is often messy and fuzzy. He keeps in over his eyes often, and usually is annoyed with it. His eyes are black, with the Japanese flap of skin on the inside of the eye. He often wears black eyeliner, in which he comments 'It's not emo, its goth. But I'm not goth.' He is around 5'11"-6'1", and can be described as Caucasian, but really is multicultural, including Japanese, Creole, Hispanic, White, and Cherokee. Nathan has naturally thin skin on his hands and feet, so his veins and tendons are practically visible. He wears a cheap $5 watch with a $600 silver, gem encrusted band that he wears so tightly and often that his skin is visibly brighter underneath it.
Personality: Nathan, the original founder of the band, is the namesake of it. He is cynical, sadistic, and somewhat misogynist. Nathan describes the name as one of his twisted views on the world: 'The complete and utter genocide of the human race; an impossible feat, but one the would direly needs.' Although he can be really nice when he wants to, he is often mean and abusive to those he doesn't like, and his constant drinking and usage of depressants does not help. It is often obvious when he has an infatuation on a girl, as he tends to be nicer to her, and a bit clingy. Strangely enough, although he is very physically aggresive, he tends to be shy socially. Nathan was never abused, nor has a history of paranoia or violence in the family, yet has symptoms of paranoia, and, as previously stated, is very violent. He tends to be dominant in the band, and controls the band's movement and direction often, like the restaurant they'll eat at(if they eat at one).
Position: Main Vocalist
Point of Origin: Nathan was born in Beverly Hills, and was raised in East LA(the 'bad side of the tracks').
Issues: Nathan is addicted to methaqualone, as well as a variety of anti-depressants he takes because of depression caused by methaqualone, a number of antipsychotics he takes for paranoia, and a plethora of minor narcotics and analgesics. He is also a minor alcoholic, very violent, and often massively depressed.
Inspiration: David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, James Hetfield
Trivia: Nathan served a year in Iraq before he was discharged, whether it was honorably or dishonorably is not know, but he came back with a minor morphine addiction. Nathan also has a 'chimera' genetic disorder, his blood is his never born brother's.
Last edited by CarrionMan on Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud3514 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:34 pm

Ah, why not, it could be fun. +1 vote.

Postby LostD » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 pm

+1 unnecessary vote for Darrel

After reading the idea, i had to.

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Anime_Lover » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:45 am

if you havent founf one yet i have many suggestions............................just email me on here and i'll tell u ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
A Classical Inuyasha Yelling Fest!!! YAY YELLING FEST!! [=^-^=]-<3 Image

Postby Glahardt » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:53 am

The Hell does that mean?

Postby Tuor » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:03 am

Means someone can't speak english.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:16 am

It means she isn't going to give us her ideas unless we want them.

So basically, she's just skipping the process of seeing no one vote for them. :D

She gets props for playing StepMania though.

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:32 am

-sheds a tear- By the Allfather -sniffs- you guys are such nice folk. Well there are some major blocks in play, I haven't yet wrote up the NPC's because I've been working nonstop at Hardons . . . er sorry, Hardees I should say, but yeah If anyone wants to give suggestions I am very open and I would like to make this role play something that people can enjoy . . . . By the spear, I better start reading some more of the DM manual again for fairness and balances and trying to keep people interested. . . . So little to do and so much time . . .wait, strike that, reverse it!

Postby Cascade » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:41 am

Don't worry about it. Now that your RP has been approved, you can take your time planning out how you want to execute it.
FUKKATSU

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 am

Excellent, by the way I was going to ask this sometime before or after, but I really think this defines it. I was wondering the time period to set it in. I was hopefully thinking around 1840, a decent time, the samurai still have almost twenty six years of time left, they still have control and there is a trickle of contact with the west in the form of Dutch and English traders in Nagasaki. Earlier or later periods can be suggested and I appreciate your input since this is one of the most crucial factors in the game, it allows the level of technology available as well as the setting of the time period.
Last edited by Existencial_Heresy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:08 am

*dramatic tone of voice*

Bakumatsu.

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:16 am

Bakumatsu? Is that a period? I will have too look that up.

Postby Zath » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Elemental Academy RP

Congratulations on your admission into Elemental Academy! You, along with many others have been evaluated upon your entry into high school and proven worthy to properly hone your skills under true masters of the elements. Those who have the true gift shall be trained by the headmaster himself. The test to determine your strongest element shall be held as the annual tournament, which starts on the first day of September.

This RP starts just before the tournament to give people a bit of time to get a feel for their characters.

Elements
The 6 Elements are Water, Fire, Wind, Earth, Darkness and Light. There are other SubElements that are described below as well as types of magic. Everyone will start out with a small amount of ability in each element

SubElements:
Blood – The main purpose of Blood is to enhance the power of various barriers, but it has various other uses not known to many.

Lightning – Usually used to speed up an organic being or recharge/power up a mechanical being.

Shadow – Used to help warriors in stealth, allowing them to sneak around by rendering them virtually invisible in the night.

Types of Magic:
Druidic – This form of magic includes the transformation into WereBeasts, each type having their own unique abilities. The telltale that someone’s about to use one of these spells is the sign of whatever animal’s WereBeast the person is changing into.

Physical – This magic is used by the warriors who specialize in melee combat to power up their weapons in some way to give them the edge in hand to hand fights.

Protection – These spells are usually used in conjunction with the blood SubElement due to the fact that the majority of these spells are barriers, each varying in resistance and effects.

Offensive – The Offensive magics are the ones derived from the 6 main elements and are used for those who are not physically adept at and prefer to attack from afar with powerful magic.

Arcane – Casters of the Arcane magics are those who prefer the tactical way of weakening their foes with curses before attacking them head on.

Ancient – Spells that the Ancient ones themselves created during a war in the original Elemental Realm in an attempt to stop a Forbidden spell from being cast, but shortly after the creation of these spells a Forbidden Spell was cast, annihilating the original Elemental Realm. Only the Ancients and those they have deemed worthy have knowledge of the Ancient spells.

Forbidden – Spells that the Ancients have forbidden use of due to their extremely powerful results that could destroy the world should the wrong being gain the secrets to unlocking the spells.

The Ancients
The Ancients were the six lords of the original Elemental Realm, beings that were both admired and feared for their immeasurable power and ability. The Ancients still live on in this new world, but as spirits waiting for the time when their new bodies are born, allowing them to be fully reincarnated.

Character Sheets
There are two types of character sheets depending on if you want to be a teacher or a student, the number of teachers I’m accepting are limited and if there are a lot of teachers applying then I’m going to pick the top 5 submitted and I will use NPCs for the rest of the teachers.

Student Character Sheet:
Name:

Codename: (These will be assigned to you after the tournament.)

Appearance:

Weapon of Choice:

Personality:

Teacher Character Sheet:
Name:

Codename:

Appearance:

Main Element:

Weapon of Choice:

Personality:

Class Taught:

Postby Soul » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 pm

+1 vote to Heresy

+1 vote to Zath

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:01 pm

Stop voting for Heresy! He's gotten enough!

Postby Karo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:17 pm

I vote for Zath!
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Aneri » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 pm

+1 vote for Zath ^_^
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby Distracto » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:40 am

+ 1 Vote on Zath. I Love it.
Kinda Back...we will see

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Working on a convolution of NPCs and subplots and more specific locations. If interested in assisting me in these endeavors contact via PM or at MSN Messenger at demons_in_my_soup@hotmail.com.

Postby BG07 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:47 pm

I'm not really too sure if I'm going to go through with this... but right now I'm just throwing around random ideas and getting opinions on them... This one is just all tossed together and still needs a bit more tweaking, but right now I wanted to see if anyone has any ideas or anything... I might even go with something completely different from this, now I'm just trying to figure out what kind of Rp I'd want to host...

Rale Island

There is a tropical island just off of the western coast of Mexico, and a little ways south of California. This place is a beautiful and bustling community, one filled with a wide variety of people of all shapes, sizes, races, and creeds. Lush green forests are completely complimented by equally impressive skyscrapers and architecturally perfect buildings that line the innards of the only major city that lay upon the island. The people of this island are very close nit, everyone knows everyone else, and because there is such a small populous almost nothing goes unknown amongst the people. It truly is a wondrous and mystical place to live in, and is constantly plagued with tourists that have come far and wide to see this island’s wonders. And although the constant thrall of new people arriving can sometimes be a bother for the residents of this tiny island, they always seem to welcome newcomers with open arms…

But… despite all of the wonderful things about this island, it is a cursed place… and everyone who has lived there knows this as an undeniable fact of life. Constantly, things happen on this island that just seem so unreal and out of this world. UFOs, Vampires, Pirates, Ghosts, and even the occasional zombie virus outbreak are just simple everyday things for the people of Rale Island. It’s almost as if they have grown used to such things that would certainly drive any normal person insane, and they somehow manage to go about their normal lives despite all of the weird going ons that happen around them.

This is partly because of a certain group that the people have elected to deal with these problems, a group called Section Zero. Basically, this ’counsel’ is a group of elected officials, normal people who have basically been forced into service for the good of the island, who deal with these matters in what ever fashion is necessary. These normal people have to deal with all of the ’problems’ that arise upon the island, keeping the people safe, as well as preventing the outside world from discovering just how crazy this little island really is. Now things aren’t all that bad for the members of Section R, more often than not a simply talking to whatever is the cause of the problem can sometimes solve it, but occasionally a good ol’ bullet in the head works just fine too. Of course this isn’t a full time gig, normally you’ll just be going about your normal business as usual, living out your normal lives until you get that faithful call from the mayor Bob Horton. He’s a young man of thirty five, a person who’s hair has gone gray long before it should have. But he’s also the leader of Section Zero, and because he’s such a hands on and upbeat guy, he tends to take care of a lot of the things personally.

You might have figured this out by now, but you are all members of Section, people who have been given the chance to help their community in ways that most normal people never get to do. But things aren’t that bad, and normally it isn’t too hard to take care of some of the problems, the hard part is usually making sure that no one saw what happened, and making up stories to cover up everything that has happened. It’s not the most desirable job in the world, it’s part time, doesn’t pay well, and you’re forced to do it, but it is definitely something that has saved the island countless times from destruction.

Basically, this Rp is a kind of silly comedy spoof of sorts, it’ll have some action in it, but mostly it’ll be focused upon character interactions and how they handle all of the bizarre situations that they are put into. The OOC will be kept as a kind of discussion thread, where we will periodically plan out what the next plague of the island shall be, an unnatural solar eclipse, time travelers from the future, or anything else that we might be able to come up with. For the most part, characters will be going about their daily lives, working their normal jobs, having complete control oven NPCs (other than the one’s that I control) and will basically be free to do as they please on the island for most of the time, that is of course until they are called upon for their ‘duties’ as the island’s protectors.

-CS-

Name- (Your character’s name, you will also be issued a Section Zero name as well)
Age- (How old your character is)
Sex- (Your character’s gender)
Profession- (What your character does in the city, you could be a lawyer, baker, cop, ect…)
Personality- (What makes your character tick, how they interact with others, and just some basic information on how your person thinks)
Brief History- (All of the characters have just recently been elected, they could have been a part of the section before, but really all that’s needed here is some basic information on the person’s past… namely what kind of run ins with the supernatural they’ve had up to this point in time)

Postby Material Defender » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:58 pm

Hmmm, BG you got yourself a vote from the Man with Daleks and cybermen.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing