RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Arune » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:01 pm

Sweet Holy Monkey...you actually got it all typed out o.o

You get my Vote Hana if only for the chance of killing the 'Commie' bastards!

Postby Hana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:03 pm

VOTE TALLIED, FRIEND CITIZEN.

THANK YOU. PLEASE PROCEED.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cascade » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:06 pm

Vote +1. Because I really want to be the hygiene officer.
FUKKATSU

Postby Mastermind001 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:07 pm

Vote +1, it kinda reminds me or has that certain feel of a earlier film of Lucas in a way
"Fate smiles on the strange. So its a good thing, I'm the strangest of all." - William Livingstone, Cirque de la Nuit
More Robots

Postby Makuku » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:09 pm

WE CONCUR WITH HANA'S IDEA! ...I don't know how I became a we, though.

Postby Hana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 pm

VOTES TALLIED. THANK YOU, FRIEND CITIZENS.

PLEASE PROCEED WITH YOUR MISSIONS AND HAVE A GOOD DAYCYCLE.

Added after 3 minutes:

ADDENDUM TO TRANSMISSION:

I, THE GREAT AND BENEVOLENT COMPUTER, REQUIRE AT LEAST SIX VOTES FROM VARIOUS CITIZENS.

VOTES WILL CONTINUE TO BE TALLIED.

THANK YOU. HAVE A GOOD DAYCYCLE, FRIEND CITIZENS.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:31 pm

Wait, just a question...

We'll be in teams right? But we also want to kill each other in order to move up or whatever? We're gonna try to divulge information from our other teammates about the secret information that YOU send them and find out that they're a traitor and all that, right?

If so... you definitely got my vote.

Cause I love these type of games.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:33 pm

THAT IS EXACTLY RIGHT, CITIZEN.

YOUR VOTE HAS BEEN TALLIED. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GOOD DAYCYCLE.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BG07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:38 pm

For the good of Alpha Complex, I vote +1

Postby Hana » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 pm

THANK YOU, FRIEND CITIZEN. YOUR LOYALTY IS NOTED.

VOTE QUOTA REACHED. BEGIN PREPARATIONS FOR YOUR MISSION.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:18 pm

New RP idea, since other one got no hits.

Misanthrope's Cause

Well, basis of this idea is that the RPers are a prominent rock/metal band, and we're on tour. With me as lead singer, and whoever on lead guitar, we roleplay time on the customized bus, in the hotel, and, of course, events at the concerts, whether it be fires, or a crowd riot. Now, the thing is, we gotta take it seriously, because I want dark characters, with common problems that are associated with famous rockers, i.e. my character will be addicted to alcohol and depressants. Yeah, that's all.

[center]The Band:[/center]
Misanthrope's Cause is a metal/skacore/punk/hard rock band that is very prominent. It tends to be the mainstream of this time.

[center]Parts:[/center]
Manager-
Lead singer- Me, Nathan Harris.
Lead Guitar-
Rhythm Guitar-
Bass Guitar-
Drummer-
Violinist(yes, violinist)-
Keyboardist/Pianist-
Side Vocals-
Side Vocals(optional)-
Horns(state which horn, trumpet, trombone, etc.)
Groupies(up to however, optional)-

[center]Character Sheet:[/center]
Name:
Age(19-25, except groupies, they can be any age):
Appearance:
Personality:
Position Wanted(I will decide if they get it or not):
Point of Origin:
Issues(optional, but wanted):
Inspirations:

[center]Example:[/center]
Name: Nathan Jhonen(Joe-hannan) Harris
Appearance: Nathan Jhonen Harris has medium black hair that is often messy and fuzzy. He keeps in over his eyes often, and usually is annoyed with it. His eyes are black, with the Japanese flap of skin on the inside of the eye. He often wears black eyeliner, in which he comments 'It's not emo, its goth. But I'm not goth.' He is around 5'11"-6'1", and can be described as Caucasian, but really is multicultural, including Japanese, Creole, Hispanic, White, and Cherokee. Nathan has naturally thin skin on his hands and feet, so his veins and tendons are practically visible. He wears a cheap $5 watch with a $600 silver, gem encrusted band that he wears so tightly and often that his skin is visibly brighter underneath it.
Personality: Nathan, the original founder of the band, is the namesake of it. He is cynical, sadistic, and somewhat misogynist. Nathan describes the name as one of his twisted views on the world: 'The complete and utter genocide of the human race; an impossible feat, but one the would direly needs.' Although he can be really nice when he wants to, he is often mean and abusive to those he doesn't like, and his constant drinking and usage of depressants does not help. It is often obvious when he has an infatuation on a girl, as he tends to be nicer to her, and a bit clingy. Strangely enough, although he is very physically aggresive, he tends to be shy socially. Nathan was never abused, nor has a history of paranoia or violence in the family, yet has symptoms of paranoia, and, as previously stated, is very violent. He tends to be dominant in the band, and controls the band's movement and direction often, like the restaurant they'll eat at(if they eat at one).
Position: Main Vocalist
Point of Origin: Nathan was born in Beverly Hills, and was raised in East LA(the 'bad side of the tracks').
Issues: Nathan is addicted to methaqualone, as well as a variety of anti-depressants he takes because of depression caused by methaqualone, a number of antipsychotics he takes for paranoia, and a plethora of minor narcotics and analgesics. He is also a minor alcoholic, very violent, and often massively depressed.
Inspiration: David Bowie, Freddy Mercury, James Hetfield
Last edited by CarrionMan on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby BobSagat » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Original and sounds* sorta fun.

But what's the point?

*PUNLARIOUS!
2pro

Postby CarrionMan » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:37 pm

Well, what's the point of RPing? Entertainment, fun, whatever. I think it'd be rather entertaining, and the drama of the entire band will make the RP interesting. Right now I'm setting up my character sheet, it will be posted in a couple minutes.

Postby Aneri » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:59 pm

I like that idea :) +1 vote.
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Postby CarrionMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:15 am

Sheet posted.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:10 am

Heck yes!

+1 Vote!
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Existencial_Heresy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 am

I've been kicking around an interesting concept all day, but the main problem is how to make the concept accessible to everyone? The whole idea is sort of a focus on this small Japanese town in the mountains several years or maybe a decade or two before the Meiji restoration. It would involve an interesting main character (that doesn't have to be completely central or even at points essential to the plot). What I was trying to focus on was the supernatural in this, i.e oni demons, bizarre, inexplicable murders, suspicious smuggling, unusual locations further in the mountains and an eery, Sherlock Holmes style of mystery.

But like I said, I don't have many parts of the SL or how to make said RP accessible.

Postby BobSagat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:58 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Well, what's the point of RPing? Entertainment, fun, whatever. I think it'd be rather entertaining, and the drama of the entire band will make the RP interesting. Right now I'm setting up my character sheet, it will be posted in a couple minutes.

I mean... like the plot and stuff. What's to keep it going? There's only so long an RP can go on character interactions alone...
2pro

Postby Cascade » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:28 pm

Existencial_Heresy wrote:I've been kicking around an interesting concept all day, but the main problem is how to make the concept accessible to everyone? The whole idea is sort of a focus on this small Japanese town in the mountains several years or maybe a decade or two before the Meiji restoration. It would involve an interesting main character (that doesn't have to be completely central or even at points essential to the plot). What I was trying to focus on was the supernatural in this, i.e oni demons, bizarre, inexplicable murders, suspicious smuggling, unusual locations further in the mountains and an eery, Sherlock Holmes style of mystery.

But like I said, I don't have many parts of the SL or how to make said RP accessible.

I would be interested if you keep working and developing your idea.
FUKKATSU

Postby CarrionMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:00 pm

What is the point of Enuma Elish? Your own RP is based on character interactions, as well as stuff like mine, disasters, events other than normal, like the concerts. Thousands, if not ten thousands, of raving fans in one place? Something is bound to happen.

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Plus, making records, tour destinations, post concert antics. I imagine all those things would also play a part.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BobSagat » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Don't be a dick.

I'm just saying it seems a bit too "ordinary".
2pro

Postby CarrionMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:38 pm

Not everyone is a rockstar. And sorry if I seem a dick.

Postby Albion » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:58 pm

I cant believe hana wrote all that!

You got my vote as well...

Kazuki Makoto Information- http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 15#1250415

Naiko Kazubake Information- http://www.snafu-comics.com/forum/viewt ... 50#1276750

Avatar is property of Avatarity (So I dont get in trouble)

Postby CarrionMan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:34 pm

Bob's the only one arguing.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing