RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:04 pm

Well, the system's already been thought up. People will create characters specifically for others, and then they'll choose from the characters created for them.

But there can always be another challenge after this one, that works in a different way, if everybody likes this one. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby lyca » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Well I just thought that if we tried the way I suggested, everyone would get a character much faster.

With the other way, some people won't have characters made for them until someone gives them a hurried pity sheet.

If we all do our best on one sheet, making a great unique character, then pass it on, we could get started quicker. And without arguments and such.

But yeah, just trying to help '^. .^.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Klyptomaniac » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:46 pm

lyca wrote:No, The purpose of this excersize is to broaden our ability to Rp.

If we get the character type that we hate that would be perfectly ideal. It would force us to rethink our roleplaying behavior. It may even open up your mind to new things.

My creative writing teacher did the same thing. I like to write sci-fi. She made me write country/western. It was hard, but it made me think.

That's what I fricken said! Nobody understands me! (EMO!)

Nvm.

Postby Lord Omberus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Origins

The year is 3127, and humanity has conquered space a hundred light years wide, in the course of our rampant expansion, we've met countless lifeforms on a hundred planets, and what we found was exactly what we weren't expecting.

Literaly 90% of all the alien species we met who had comparable intelligence to humans looked just like us.

Humanoids, so close to us that interbreeding was not only possible, but quite easy. Science predicted that each planet's life would be completely different based on the environment of that world, but it didn't turn out that way, we were at a loss for centuries before one brilliant scientist discovered why.

2.5 million years ago there existed an ancient race known as the Xealian, called by most the Origin, they forged an empire a hundred times the size of known space, seeding a thousand worlds with their DNA even as they themselves went extinct.

In the year 3096 a fragment of Xealian DNA was found in an ancient artifact buried deep within the crust of an uninhabited world orbiting Ras Algethi, and the secret of the ancient races legacy was discovered.
Cracking the code of the ancient DNA, scientists found it to be remarkably similar to the DNA of all humanoid species, and yet different from any one. Xealian DNA was pure, untainted by solar radiation or viral infection, injected into a humanoid, it rapidly replaced the damaged DNA of their cells, making them stronger, faster, more adaptive and more intelligent. The drawbacks soon became apparent. Xealian cells eat energy incredibly fast, so quickly that it's nearly impossible to eat fast enough to fuel them, in addition, Xealian infusions cause a gradual insanity marked by recklessness, apathy, and loss of control over the emotions.
Regardless of this, hundreds began scouring the galaxy for more of the illusive substance, wanting the power and prestige of being part Xealian, and the extended life the cells brought with them.

You are an X'er, a being infused with Xealian cells, to survive, you must outwit competitors, forge alliances, evade police and military, and find a way to feed yourself, and above all, find more Xealian dna.

Rules:

1:You can make up any race, planet of origin, appearance, or powers that you want, PROVIDED THAT:
1:The character is humanoid.
2:The character matches the environment that it is from.
3:You can come up with a way to get enough energy to sustain the level of power your character has.

2:Your character will not start off God-Powered, they will be superior, physically, to normal humanoids, but will be limited until they can absorb more DNA.

3: All characters will be different species.

4: You can use alien races from anywhere you want, or make your own up.

5: No flooding, everyone gets a chance to post.

Profile Guide:

Name: (Pretty easy, make up a good name that fits the race)

Sex: (Male or Female please)

Race: (Be creative, but keep it humanoid)

Planet of Origin: (Make it up, or use a real-life or series cannon planet, you can make your race an alien from another series if you like as well)

Powers: (These are racial traits modified by Xealian blood, basically what your race is good at, magnified. A human X'er would be highly adaptable for example. Superhuman physiology is acceptable to a point, as are moderate psychic powers.)

Personality: (Variable. This pretains to your races base sanity standard, what your race considers average or acceptable, warped by Xealian DNA, a human would be more reckless and spontaneous, but a member of a race of Berserkers might be more calm and contemplative.)

Description: (Be detailed, keep it human, but feel free to embellish a bit, change skin, hair, or eye color, give them Vulcan ears or fangs and such.
Some traits common to X'ers are faint, artistic skin markings in a darker or lighter color than their usual skin, not very visible in human-range eyesight, and sharpened eye colors.)

Bio: (Keep it fairly to the point, explain why your character is an X'er and some of their background information. No traumatic childhoods please.)

Name:

Sex:

Race:

Planet:

Powers:

Personality:

Description:

Bio:

Ok, So, Any Opinions?

Stop using Telepathy you Bastard!

Postby BobSagat » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:48 pm

I honestly like this idea.

So without thinking of anything else regarding your GM/RP capabilities, I'll give it a tentative vote.

I sorta wanna join it myself, but being as busy as I am, I'm not entirely sure I can.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Imenak » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:15 pm

Got to say, I really like the idea too. It's got a +1 vote from me.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby Cloud3514 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:26 pm

Its an interesting idea. +1 vote (if I count yet)

Postby Soul » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:44 pm

+1 le vote for Omberus

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:49 pm

Cloud, your vote counts.

And I'll give you a vote, Omby.
Demon of Elru

Postby Glahardt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Instant success.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:58 pm

Well, he did get Bob's vote right off. Don't know about you, but I've not seen Bob vote too often. So it's gotta have some talent in it.
Demon of Elru

Postby Glahardt » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:03 pm

Bob? I've seen 'em vote quite a few times, can't recall which RP though.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Heh... Then ask yourself whether I was actually serious or not... *walks off laughing*
Demon of Elru

The Darkness

Postby Maester Shirogane » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:43 pm

I give it my vote. >:3 The Origins one.
Last edited by Maester Shirogane on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Soloxius » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:11 pm

yes, well, hmm...

it seems that I did not see the "rules" before creating a new "RPG." sorry about that.

my idea comes from a different board (nintendo-fanfic site), including characters created by me and a fictitious city created by the Head of the other board in which his fanfic, Like Family to Me, takes place.

It is set in Ridgent (the city), basically a metropolis full of criminals, gangs, and odd characters, as well as the people/Nintendo creatures who live there. It can be modified for this site by allowing ANYone from ANY VG/fanfic/webcomic universe to be there.

I believe it is a good idea. I don't really know how things work around here just yet, but I hope this doesn't come back and bite me someday...

as I have said, I started it already (accidentally) if you wish to see what it is like...
[0% Zombie Proof] Yay! *zombie approaches and grips Sol* Aww, he's givin' me a hug!

PLEASE WATCH DARKER THAN BLACK SO I CAN DO A DtB RP. Link is here: http://www.gofish.com/channel.gfp?gfid=50-6678

Postby Lord Omberus » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:16 pm

Yay. I win. I'll post the OOC topic soon.

Stop using Telepathy you Bastard!

Postby Klyptomaniac » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 pm

I've made that mistake, Sol, and I like tha idea. Something like Nintendo slash original plot, Snafu slash original plot, or something along those lines?

Postby Cloud3514 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:38 pm

Zoids: Battle for the Royal Cup (Working Title)

On the Planet Zi, there exists mechanical lifeforms known as Zoids. In the past, these lifeforms were used as war machines, but today they are used for other uses such as construction, transportation, races and combat sports.

Zoid battles are held by the Zoid Battle Committee, an organization dedicated to making Zoid battles fun and safe. Judge robots are what the ZBC uses to make sure that battles are kept legal and safe. There is always at least one judge robot present at each battle.

The ultimate goal of each team is to make it to the Royal Cup, the final tournament of the season. The Royal Cup is an all out battle royale between the 12 teams with the qualifying number of points and three wild card teams. Judging for the Royal Cup is done by 10 judge robots across.

Most Zoid battles are held in forests or deserts, battlefields usually have a 3 to 10 kilometer radius. The Royal Cup's battlefield is considerably larger with an area of 150 square kilometers consisting of cities, lakes, forests, deserts. grasslands, canyons and almost every other conceivable terrain with the exception of arena. Arena battles are usually 1 on 1, but no larger than 3 on 3.

Welcome Zoid Warrior! You have been successfully registered and approved for the *insert team name here*, an official team recognized by the Zoid Battle Committee. Your team is registered to fight in all legal battle modes and, considering you've earned enough points during the season, the Royal Cup. Good luck Warrior.

rules:

1. As always: No god modding. this includes over powering and having your character own an illegal Zoid. This includes one of a kind zoids like the Liger Zero, Shadow Fox and Berserk Fuhrer and excessively powerful zoids like the Death Saurer. Organoids merging with Zoids make them excessvly powerful, so no Organoids in battle.

2. Zoid customization is allowed and recommended, even if it is just a different color of paint

3. Characters can quit, join and form teams at will as long as it doesn't derail the story beyond repair and the team the character wishes to join is approved by both the Zoid Battle Committee (AKA, the GM/s) and the team's owner/leader.

4. Characters can be mercenary warriors that join teams temporarily for a larger pay than the permanent team. Mercenaries are usually of higher skill levels than the team's permanent warriors, thus the high price.

5. Feel free to join an existing team (player created, I'm trying to keep this as split from the anime as possible) in they don't have four or more members.

6. No organoids in battle. they are allowed if you want a companion/pet, but they can not boost a Zoid's performance (see god modding)

7. ONE ZOID PER CHARACTER. If your character is a beginning warrior, don't give him/her an Elephander, Blade Liger or Iron Kong either, they don't have the money to buy them! If you want a new Zoid, yours will have to be either totaled or sold.

A list of Zoids (the best one I could find) can be found here: http://www.metalmachinemusic.com/zoids.php

Name:
Appearance:
Zoid:
Zoid mods (if any):
Team: team name or mercenary (create your own if wanted)
Background (optional):
-----------------------------------------

This is one of my only two successful ideas at the VGCats RP forum, unfortunately, it died because it turned ridiculously cheesy (some of the players decided to have their Zoids have conversations, derailing and slowing everything down)

Postby Imenak » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:02 am

Like the idea Cloud, even if I don't normally partake in battle centralized RPs. I have no clue how good you are with GMing, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Though, I kind of want to know how the buying business will be handled. Will it be like 'real' money you have to use to purchase a new Zoid, or will it be more based on your experience and stuff as a player/character? Anyways, a +1 vote from me.
"A pistol is a tool to save people. It's not a weapon for murder." "Then save me by killing them!" "That's kinda contradictory..."
My Characters' Endings

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:42 am

Glahardt wrote:Bob? I've seen 'em vote quite a few times, can't recall which RP though.

Actually it's true.

I haven't actually voted for an idea in a LONG time. Most of the time it's just me asking questions or making criticisms.
2pro

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:04 am

Alright, I just hatched a zany idea, thinking about Hana's Experiment RP.

A while ago, I was thinking about my own experiment, but I ended up deciding that wouldn't go down well. However, I have come up with a different idea, and I think this one is much more workable.

However, this is definitely not going to be for everyone, and it will move very slowly as a result of how it's put together. So if you're impatient and like chasing after your romantic stories while everyone else is sleeping, well, that isn't going to happen. Player to player interaction will also be disturbingly lacking in this game, but once again, that's due to how the RP's going to be structured.

I haven't been able to really come up with a title, but it's probably going to be something along the lines of "I, Me, and Myself" or something DEEP like thought. :o To the idea though.

The concept in my head right now is this: An RP where you don't create a character. Not in the same vein as in Hana's RP, where you play characters from other people, but you literally don't "play a character".

Rather, by random selection I'll make every participant (or as many as I need) responsible for filling out ONE aspect (e.g.: Name or gender) of ONE sheet. What's decided first is obviously prioritized.

Now, we're not going to all play clones of the same character. No. One field will be left completely untouched, and that's personality. This is where you create your "character". ALL players will be the same person, but different personalities in that one person. No, you won't have fairy magic that lets the personality interact with each other. Instead, you'll have to interact with the environment and situations provided to you. The active personality will be decided by the GM and such, and changed whenever it suits me.

This game's designed to move slowly, so I really recommend you don't try to join if you're impatient or like making friends and ping pong posting with other people. I have a "high" stress load right now, so I can't deal with an RP like that.
Also, there will be an emphasis on fairly lengthy posts. Occasionally, you'll have conversations so that'll be FINE, but I'm hoping the general post length will be a bit longer than usual.
Finally, there won't be many players for obvious reasons. I'll try to accommodate as many as I can, but I definitely won't be able to render as many positions as Hana's experiment.

Now, that's the BASE idea. As for the setting around you and everything, I'm tempted to say right now that we don't need one set in stone. I really have no idea what "genre" of RP would work the best with this setup. Our protangonist could be hospitalized, some savior of the world on a journey, WHATEVER. I'll probably decide on the setting democratically amongst the decided participants.

I know that was a long-ish spiel. Feel free to answer any questions, because I know what I just typed isn't the most organized thing ever. And I probably missed something majorly important.

To note, for the plot and the writing, I'll probably recruit some trusted individuals. Probably bounce some ideas with non-participants.
Last edited by Jay on Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:04 am

That's because the last few months had my little pieces of shit.

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:13 am

Sounds good, Jay. With a little refining, I think it could be rather interesting. +1 Vote for Jay
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:39 am

That does sound interesting. Though (and this is NOT a criticism) it makes me think that this is more of a writing exercise than RPing at all. But honestly, I don't really mind that, in fact, I would enjoy it.

But if I'm mistaken, do clarify.

+1 vote
2pro

Postby Jay » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:47 am

Well, I've always thought of RP as some sort of writing exercise anyways.

But generally, I think it's still an RP, just presented differently. I mean, it's not like the players won't have any power over each other. There will still be that moment of wtf once you get in power.

To note, at this moment I'm going to say that personalities should be completely unaware of what happened during their "absence".

So yeah, you're dating a guy. Then he suddenly looks really pissed and punches you. :D Stuff like that.

I'm still trying to debate with myself over whether we should start the game with the personalities aware that there ARE others, or perhaps that it should be a totally new condition so there's a lot of confusion they have to conquer.

But yeah.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing