Zoids: Battle for the Royal Cup (Working Title)
On the Planet Zi, there exists mechanical lifeforms known as Zoids. In the past, these lifeforms were used as war machines, but today they are used for other uses such as construction, transportation, races and combat sports.
Zoid battles are held by the Zoid Battle Committee, an organization dedicated to making Zoid battles fun and safe. Judge robots are what the ZBC uses to make sure that battles are kept legal and safe. There is always at least one judge robot present at each battle.
The ultimate goal of each team is to make it to the Royal Cup, the final tournament of the season. The Royal Cup is an all out battle royale between the 12 teams with the qualifying number of points and three wild card teams. Judging for the Royal Cup is done by 10 judge robots across.
Most Zoid battles are held in forests or deserts, battlefields usually have a 3 to 10 kilometer radius. The Royal Cup's battlefield is considerably larger with an area of 150 square kilometers consisting of cities, lakes, forests, deserts. grasslands, canyons and almost every other conceivable terrain with the exception of arena. Arena battles are usually 1 on 1, but no larger than 3 on 3.
Welcome Zoid Warrior! You have been successfully registered and approved for the *insert team name here*, an official team recognized by the Zoid Battle Committee. Your team is registered to fight in all legal battle modes and, considering you've earned enough points during the season, the Royal Cup. Good luck Warrior.
1. As always: No god modding. this includes over powering and having your character own an illegal Zoid. This includes one of a kind zoids like the Liger Zero, Shadow Fox and Berserk Fuhrer and excessively powerful zoids like the Death Saurer. Organoids merging with Zoids make them excessvly powerful, so no Organoids in battle.
2. Zoid customization is allowed and recommended, even if it is just a different color of paint
3. Characters can quit, join and form teams at will as long as it doesn't derail the story beyond repair and the team the character wishes to join is approved by both the Zoid Battle Committee (AKA, the GM/s) and the team's owner/leader.
4. Characters can be mercenary warriors that join teams temporarily for a larger pay than the permanent team. Mercenaries are usually of higher skill levels than the team's permanent warriors, thus the high price.
5. Feel free to join an existing team (player created, I'm trying to keep this as split from the anime as possible) in they don't have four or more members.
6. No organoids in battle. they are allowed if you want a companion/pet, but they can not boost a Zoid's performance (see god modding)
7. ONE ZOID PER CHARACTER. If your character is a beginning warrior, don't give him/her an Elephander, Blade Liger or Iron Kong either, they don't have the money to buy them! If you want a new Zoid, yours will have to be either totaled or sold.
A list of Zoids (the best one I could find) can be found here: http://www.metalmachinemusic.com/zoids.php
Zoid mods (if any):
Team: team name or mercenary (create your own if wanted)
This is one of my only two successful ideas at the VGCats RP forum, unfortunately, it died because it turned ridiculously cheesy (some of the players decided to have their Zoids have conversations, derailing and slowing everything down)