RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:12 am

BobSagat wrote:Mainly for the reason cause I want him to stop playing the arrogant asshole all the damn time. PLAY SOMEONE NICE, YOU BASTARD. Super-duper pussification and all that.

Second the motion. *raises hand*
Demon of Elru

Postby Aneri » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:01 am

I'd love to take part in that idea. Besides, school romances are easy to maintain. And manage. And so on. It'll be fun! ^_^
"I'm all out. What do ya got?" "A utility belt full of crap and a positive outlook?"

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:09 am

Question one, what levels of friendship will characters be in when the RP starts?

Question two, what year will it start in, like sophmore or junior? I don't want to start out fresh again. Doesn't mean that we have to all know each other, there can be some tranfer students.
V The most adorable plushie ever.
Image[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:03 pm

Question: Will this be Japanese?

New RP idea came in my head. A casual RP. No CS, just character names. You tell the character name to me, and, I'll approve it if I trust your experience enough, or if you don't have more than 2 characters(I'm willing to let people RP two characters, and rarely three, but no more than that.). So, this'll be social, sort of like Kawa Apartment, but, without the fur. So, yeah.

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:25 pm

Hana already said this wouldn't be Japanese.

And CM, if we were to go with Hana's idea, I don't think we'd want another RP focusing on character interactions.

Plus, Hana's idea is more of an experiment/exercise than anything else, or at least that's how I see it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:33 pm

Definitely not Japanese. EE already has that covered.

And, as Bob said, it's mostly an experiment/exercise. It's to push our boundaries as roleplayers, and widen our playing skills. Every single one of us has a comfortable character set, though we try to be diverse.

I did this once with my old tabletop group, and it was a lot of fun. Everybody made character sheets for everyone else. While it wasn't a serious game, it really was a lot of fun, and it put things in a very different light than we all normally saw them.

Anyway, I'll write up a little setting. I'm thinking a slightly diverse age group, like a boarding school with sophomores through seniors. Easy to maintain, like Aneri said, even if some people are sick of that kind of thing.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 pm

Oh thank GOD. I am so tired of Japanese right now, I hate that little flap of skin right next to my eyes.

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:28 pm

RP Challenge 01 - The Academy

Bryony Academy for Boys and Girls has a fairly laid-back atmosphere, where students of all types and ages gather to further their education. Classes are staggered according to testing level, and many students are allowed to pass all three years with just independant study classes, provided they meet the requirements for graduation.

It is a smallish school, with a one-building dorm, one wing dedicated to girls, and the other dedicated to boys. The campus is set into the rolling hills of the British countryside, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, though there is a town just two mile's walk outside of the gates of the school, where students spend leisurely weekends and buy things to meet their needs.

Our story opens on the first day of the newest semester, with the Academy welcoming a new crop of students.

The Challenge: To play a character or characters created for you by other roleplayers.

How it will work: This will be a freeform game, with no GM. The Sign-Ups will be mediated, of course, and multiple people can create characters for one player, to give a choice range. No absurd or "asshole" sheets will be accepted. Any player may affect the flow of the plot, but all players also have Veto Power, should the group not like the new plot idea. (For example, I would totally Veto any aliens coming down to the school.)

Sign-Ups will exist in two stages. First, players will affirm their participation, and be placed in a list of active players. Once the list reaches a healthy number, character sheets will be made, as per the following sheet. The only rule is that when you create a character for someone, it MUST be something that you would like to see them play, and you must truly believe that they have the capacity to do so. (That means no gay characters for homophobes, etc. Be nice.)

CHARACTER SHEET

Created By:
Created For:

Name:
Class level: (Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Student-Teacher, etc)
Appearance:
Personality:
Extra notes:
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Zath » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:31 pm

+1 Vote

Awesomeness

Postby CarrionMan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 pm

Will you be allowed to join without making a sheet? Because, I'm sure no one wants to play a character by me.

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 pm

*loads giant chicken cannon* +1 vote! *fires the vote out of the cannon at the idea* Direct hit!
Kyuu wrote:NEBBY!!!!! *tackles him to the ground, hugging him* I love you!!! ^_^ You're so awesome.

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 pm

Are you allowed to only confirm you want to play after you see the CS made for you?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BG07 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 pm

vote +1 by the BeeG 07

Postby Soul » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:33 pm

+1 vote

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 pm

CarrionMan wrote:Will you be allowed to join without making a sheet? Because, I'm sure no one wants to play a character by me.

I guess, but it'd be nice of you to at least try to make a sheet for someone else, even if you don't think that they'll choose it.

Tuor wrote:Are you allowed to only confirm you want to play after you see the CS made for you?

Nope, but there should be a range of characters made for you to choose from. The point of the exercise is to broaden your horizons, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to go "Oh, I don't like any of these right off the bat, so I just won't play."
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Tuor » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Mkay…

I'm not gonna vote for it. But I may give it a whirl if it gets the votes. Which it will obviously.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Dorian » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:42 pm

I'll vote for it.
Never asked for this

Postby Nebacanezzar » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:42 pm

It already has.

Zath
Me
BG
Soul

These are the votes.

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:44 pm

IT IS SEALED. IT SHALL BE DONE.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm

How will we write the sheets and such without a CS standard?
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby BobSagat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 pm

A question...

Just at what level of outrageousness will this RP be at?

Like the most outrageous thing you can have would be naturally colored pink hair or perhaps some ultimately stupid twist where if you hug a person of the opposite sex you turn into an animal (FB), etc. etc.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Hana » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:56 pm

There is a standard sheet. *points up*
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby lyca » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:43 pm

well I've got an idea. Hana, have everyone make their sheets first then post them.

Afterwards you can scramble all the names randomly. Afterwards every person has to play the character created by the person above them.

Ne?
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Klyptomaniac » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Ne ne! What if you absolutely hate that character? Oh well, that's the purpose of this, now isn't it?

Postby lyca » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:02 pm

No, The purpose of this excersize is to broaden our ability to Rp.

If we get the character type that we hate that would be perfectly ideal. It would force us to rethink our roleplaying behavior. It may even open up your mind to new things.

My creative writing teacher did the same thing. I like to write sci-fi. She made me write country/western. It was hard, but it made me think.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing