RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Gias » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:14 pm

I was by far the best GF in the game. I summoned three little characters, who could summon LARGER characters with their own animation. I could also beat the game all by myself, after you used the 'twinkies and soda' items with the summoning.
"After all that... I still think your annoying." -Sasuke

Postby Icerider » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:34 am

Ok, I'm just gonna leave this thread until something more interesting comes up. I can talk about Final Fantasy any time with Devi and have some really good arguments and discussions.
Just call me Ice

Postby SyntheticAngel » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:20 am

Icereider...

Added after 56 seconds:

kewl^_^

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:05 pm

Heh heh, Actually, the name of the Summon was "Typoon" and that's not a typo.

It was supposed to be some weird translation of the actual name "Chupon" that got screwed up.

As for RP ideas, somebody hasn't thought of doing some sort of "Magic: the Gathering" RP?
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Loud mouth » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:31 pm

I was thinking about how most rps sink to the bottom afeter a while here and I think i came up with a salution.
how about am rp where the premise is assination? I'm thnking of allowing characters and a world based On Kite (16+ version), Nior, The Professional, and La femme nakita (Which I have yet ot see, How could my video store not have it in th favorites section) Who would be in I'll definatley need to work hard to figure out how to make it woork, and some one to be GM seeing as I suck at being one.
Xbox live gamer tag: Loudmoth

Postby Gias » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:35 pm

I dunno... Would Magic translate well into an rp? No way in hell I'm gonna be in a yu-gi-oh style card battle rp...

Postby Loud mouth » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:38 pm

I'm more refering to those movies and show in perticular in terms of influence.
Last edited by Loud mouth on Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Imp » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:40 pm

A police force RP might be interesting.
Last edited by Imp on Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back... If anyone actually remembers who I am... 0_0'

Currently overworking Bob in the Racoon City RP.

Postby Loud mouth » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:48 pm

Or for sake of theorie the two ideas could be combined, The police investigators, could be trying to get the Assassins,but the investigators could be corrupt in some instances, while the assassins Are generally out to get each other, but some form contracts with each other, and some are supported by corrupt investigator.

keep in mind thats just an idea, your idea is pretty good too.
Last edited by Loud mouth on Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Imp » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:53 pm

Perhaps a DC comics RP with Super Hero's from the DC universe like the Justice league, Static, and the Teen Titans.

Postby Loud mouth » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:59 pm

Considering the X-men rp and the similar one's that might sink pretty quick,unless you mean the shows then, who knows?
Last edited by Loud mouth on Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:00 pm

Dude, Loudmouth. Is your keyboard seriously fucked or something? Because your words are nearly unreadable @.@
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Imp » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:05 pm

I read it just fine...

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:15 pm

Well, fine. But some of his other posts are just scaring the shit out of me x.x
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby Icerider » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:32 pm

I'm glad that we got off that other subject :). Anyone interested in an AvP RP? It would be like the games, not the movie.
Just call me Ice

Postby Gias » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:46 pm

Never played the games or watched the movie. Hot alien lovins.

Postby Cascade » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:25 pm

It's just a idea for now, but I'm thinking of making a Jojo's Bizzare Adventure RPG. Since people are sort of unfamiliar with the series overall, it's the classic, definitive action manga by Hirohiko Araki. It's famous for its unusual art style, and invented many conventions of action anime today, such as the "streaming lines in the background to convey movement" during a special attack, and also is extremely violent, but not in the conventional sense. The first vol. had plain normal ultraviolence, but the latter volumes, which introduced more and more "Bizzare" abilities, brought about novel and creative ways of dispatching one's foe. It's a great comic for its action, classic music references in the names of characters and powers, and is also sometimes just funny as hell to look at, because the characters and artwork, as well done as they are, have such exaggerated postures and ridiculous looks in a way that walks the line between metrosexual and homosexual. (Araki is one of the world's biggest Prince fans.)

The series is called "Jojo" because the main character always has two "Jo" syllables in his/her name. The first comic was a vampire horror story about a son and an adopted son of the British Joestar family. The good natural son, Jonathan, was your typical goodie goodie two shoes hero, but the adopted son, Dio Brando, whose name becomes infamous in vol. 3, is just plain bad. This comic is a real throwback to the days when villians were just evil to the bone, none of that shades of grey crap. Dio gets turned into a vampire by an ancient Mayan mask, which created vampires as their lords, and was responsible for the downfall of their civilization, and then tries to kill off the Joestars and inherit their considerable fortune. Jojo learns how to use chi from a traveller named Zepelli, referred to as "ripple energy" or Hamon in this comic. Apparently vampires don't like this, and a punch to the face augumented with the ripple will likely kill or mangle them horribly. So it's a pretty typical action comic.
The series however really gets ridiculous, it's main claim to fame, in vol. 2, where the new Jojo, Joseph Joestar comes to power. Here we have another hamon user who is infamous for predicting what the enemy is going to say and then killing them right afterwards in a very cool fasion. This volume has all sorts of ridiculous but cool stunts. Joseph uses the ripple to supercharge a coke bottle, launching off the cap and breaking a corrupt New York cop's finger. (This first takes place in New York, then moves to Europe, mainly Italy, Araki's favorite country.) He leaps off a Tommy Gun and in one fluid motion stabs a vampire's eyes out with his toes. This is the kind of ridiculous crap that happens in Jojo, but it's so fun and funny at the same time that I thought it would be interesting to put it into an RPG.
Most people who know of Jojo basically only know volume 3, which is the most famous one. THis volume introduces the mainstay of characters' powers in all future Jojo comics: the "Stand." The stand is a psychic power, but that's not a good description really. It's more like an extension of the user's persona that takes physical form. Visible only to other Stand users, a Stand can look like basically anything and have virtually any power; it all depends on the user and what kind of person they are. For example, the main character, Jotaro Kujo from Japan, has a Stand called Star Platinum. (All of the stands in this volume are named after Tarot cards and usually a color after their name.) Star Platinum is a ridiculous Aztec looking superman-like stand, with absurd speed and power, and an amazing ability to pick out small details with its highly focused vision and precision. It also gains a ridiculously powerful ability later in the series:    It can stop time.    Other stands include Heirophant Green, which shoots emerald-shaped blasts of energy and is actually able to uncoil all of its body as if you were to unwrap someone's intestines, and use itself as a rope or a web-like trap, each strand of its body able to shoot its patented "Emerald Splash." Most Stands look humanoid, but other Stands look like amorphous blobs, animals, or even inanimate objects, like a gun or a sword. Later in the series, after volume 3, Stands became even more and more ridiculous, and started picking up music references as names. Whitesnake is a Stand that removes another user's Stand and their soul in the shape of a CD, out of their head. Perl Jam is a microscopic stand that hides in food and then forces the person who eats them to become healthier in various disgusting ways, but all are beneficial. The Stand Metallica does damage through the iron in a person's blood, and the Stand Sticky Fingers can create a large zipper in anything and walk through, hiding in walls, street light poles, and even people. One of my favorites, Crazy Diamond has Star Platinum's strength, but is able to put anything it smashes back together again.
It would be pretty interesting to think up characters for such an absurd series. But then again, it might be a bit too weird for most people.
FUKKATSU

Postby Gias » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:30 pm

Good luck finding people for that. I bet it's highly unknown as a series... Not to mention even I only know it for the game.

Postby Icerider » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:34 pm

That's what It's based off. Anyway, most people know what Alien is and Predator. They won't have much difficulty adjustung.
Just call me Ice

Postby Gias » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Icerider wrote:That's what It's based off. Anyway, most people know what Alien is and Predator. They won't have much difficulty adjustung.

Was talkin about Cascades idead. Everyone knows about AvP. :fuckedup:

Postby Cascade » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:35 pm

Yeah. Unfortunately, I'd have to explain a ton of things to people. I mean, the game was only vol. 3, arguably the best volume, but it's nonsensical to those who don't know the comic. They don't know why Dio has a feud with the Joestars, nor do they know that...
   The body that Dio has in vol 3 is actually Jonathan Joestar's body, signified by the star shaped birthmark on his shoulder. He decapitated Jonathan's corpse after both were defeated in the final chapter of vol 1, on a sinking ship bound for America. Dio, who was only a severed head at that point after the events of the comic, took over the body and became basically immune to the Ripple. Dio's reawakening, with his new body, is what causes the Stands to appear.   
But Gias, since you know that game, actually I got the ability that Arcadia in the TT RPG uses from Dio.
FUKKATSU

Postby Gias » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:06 pm

Ehehehe... I figured.

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:11 am

I'm guessing this is the sort of thing that would spawn some interesting new Rps if you all came here to work on ideas together.
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

Postby Gias » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:54 am

Sticky! Hah! Take that Ice!

Postby Shebum Devi » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:06 am

I have no idea...
He's not having a seizure, he's just roffling. • Behind every great woman, there is an ass. • Fuck Salt! - Tourette's guy

Location: Where am I? Home... without the internets. Need to call comcast, but too lazy.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing