RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby tonightscake » Sun May 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Well there's four +1s for Zelosse's RP. I'm guessing it's accepted.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Archrival » Sun May 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Yes but as to the number that end up joining, that's a different story.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm

And the fact that he hasn't been back to realize it's accepted doesn't bode well either
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Zelosse » Mon May 12, 2014 2:28 am

Oh i've realized it, but life is hectic so I'm just not going to make it. I don't have the time i thought I would when I put up that RP suggestion.

Postby Sentios » Mon May 12, 2014 6:48 pm

You went from a suggestion that detailed to not having enough time to run it in 10 days? My you live a busy life.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Iris » Mon May 12, 2014 7:12 pm

That is a shame but understandable.

Postby Zelosse » Tue May 13, 2014 1:17 am

What I wrote here was crude. So I am taking it back and apologizing.

Postby mcvjjmdm » Thu May 15, 2014 1:48 am

Would anyone join a paranormal investigation type role play? I haven't written anything for it yet but if anyone thinks it's worth a shot I'll start writing it. There would be some classes like for ex: Clairvoyant, Investigator, Hunter or Poltergeist.

Postby Hallow Nova » Thu May 15, 2014 5:25 am

You're going to need more than that. Not many will agree before seeing more thought put into it. Sooooo, DOOOO EEETTT :3
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Archrival » Tue May 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Warhammer Fantasy: New Guard of the Old World

Setting

The Warhammer Fantasy Universe is as dark as one can possibly get, danger and death lurks every turn. The Spirit of Morr strikes randomly, and sometimes not keeping what he reaps, that merchant you might have seen well and fine earlier as you purchased his goods that very day could very well be dead by nightfall, that’s how fragile life is in this world. Disease, famine and war are predominant. Though saying that there are those that have lived for quite a long time in this world, the dwarves are as ancient and set into their ways as the stone and metal they craft. The Elves that wield the greatest magic are old and wise; some of the oldest of them can peer into the events of the future as their high magic will let them, but their appearances very rarely look any older than a human in his fifties. Humans however are great in number and common in most corners of the Old World but lack the elder races lifespan, most barely make it past sixty but even they are rare in these dark times as Morr’s range is vast and great.

There are many things that are enemies of the human race and the Elder races: Chaos are beings of great corruption that follow dark gods with even darker motives, those that follow these gods can range from mutants that were once human but changed by the stigmata of chaos, to full on daemons of chaos which are the gods spirit followers and are similar in appearance to their gods.

There are four chaos gods: There is Nurgle the plague god, this great bloated, disease ridden and boil festering god seeks to cover the Old World in plague and foulness, those that follow him suffer from major diseases and are bloated and swollen from illness those that fight them best be wary they do not catch what the followers have because it could be their downfall.

The next is Khorne the blood god, he seeks to see the world in blood and ruin, his followers are the hardest to spot as they don’t mutate obviously but are still as dangerous as they are great warriors and have great skill in battle.

The third is Tzeentch the changer of ways, this being is the most tricky of the chaos gods as his followers are steeped in magic and are the most ambitious in the Old World, many plans to destroy the Old World are set out by Tzeentch followers, the mutants of tzeentch are also very hard to spot like Khorne but only in early stages as they soon gain tentacles, clawed limbs or have multiple limbs.

The final Chaos Daemon god on the list is Slaanesh, the god of lust and pleasure those that follow him are the most decadent and self indulgent. Taking part in many sexual taboos or strange sexual rituals. Slaanesh also manage to taint a lot of the elves causing a civil war and the creation of the Dark Elves.

Other beings that are out to destroy the Elder and Human races are the Greenskins or Orcs and Goblins. These are feral looking beings that ruin and pillage or capture any villages they can get their hand on. Even though the Greenskins fight the elder/human races they are not allies with chaos though there are Greenskins that are tainted by chaos.
The Skaven are ratmen, created by the warpstone of chaos. They however like the Greenskins aren’t directly in league with the chaos cults, but have been known to do so from time to time. Skaven live in burrows and warrens underground, much like normal rats, that have tunnels leading all over the Old World, and can use them to quickly traverse the country without being seen.

A rarer but no more deadly threat are the undead, these are usually seen when accompanied by either vampires or a necromancer. They are much like their fantasy counterparts, from the shuffling zombies to the clattering skeletons. Though the difference is merely how long the course has decayed, the shambling being that the creature has not fully come under the control of their master, but once fully decayed they can fight as well as they did in life. And much like zombie films, the only usual way to kill these is to destroy the head with the smack of a hammer or crushing the skull with your boot. Other kinds of undead like Banshees and Ghouls come under this banner too, and when facing these hordes it’ll be no surprise to find these higher tier abominations

Players

You will be playing one of three races, Dwarves, Elves and Humans, if you wish to play anything different (And not chaos related) like ogres or Halflings then you’ll have to send me a PM. Your characters will be very much mortal in that if they take a wound then it will be as physically impacting as the real world. Cut your hand on a sharp bit of glass, get a gash from a glancing blow of a sword and it’ll make your character react, and only their strength of conviction will drive them through. If not seen to or treated then it won’t heal for a while but seeing a surgeon or being attended to by a priest of Shallya may help it but you will be left scarred, if not treated or looked at then it could become infected as disease in this world is much more frequent. So with this in mind I recommend at least one starts as an Apothecary, Barber-Surgeon or an Initiate of Shallya, but any other kinds of Initiate of the cults of the Old World are just as useful.

There is magic in the world but those that wield it are treated with immense suspicion and fear as their power is very much related to the forces of chaos and those that grow too powerful for their own boots soon get swallowed by the powers of chaos or destroyed by their own magic as it is as temperamental as a active volcano. Those in the empire tend to belong to one of the Eight winds of magic and study under the respective colleges, anyone found practicing forbidden magic or magic not belonging to the colleges tend to get hunted down by Witch Hunters and soon end up burning at the stake for their heresy. Playing a High Elf Wizard means you don’t have to rely on the colleges but you’re as rare as a friendly Skaven but not impossible, choosing to be either a human Wizard apprentice or Elf Wizard you’ll have to send me a PM proving why you can be trusted with the turbulent magical power.

The world you the players inhabit is filled with superstition and belief, religion is a very strong aspect and those that preach in the streets are often listened to and heeded, one wrong word among a throng of people could end in your hanging or imprisonment. If you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time you can be arrested and jailed, that’s how fickle the people of the Old World are, the law system does nothing to help those who can’t afford it. You as players will have to convince others of your actions if you commit something claimed as lawbreaking, or as mentioned pony up a decent sum to get yourself a Litigant. If you choose to start as a Litigant, you will have to research the laws of the Old World with help from some Warhammer Fantasy RP books I think are relevant.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Iris » Tue May 20, 2014 6:47 pm

+1 for Arch's idea

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 am

+1

Do you have any particular Warhammer book/edition you recommend, Arch? Or will I be fine if I just read any one of them?
Pyrophoric

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed May 21, 2014 1:17 am

I don't know anything about Warhammer. What all kinds of classes are there?
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Archrival » Wed May 21, 2014 7:13 am

With the classes and stuff, if you can torrent the Warhammer Fantasy RP 2nd Edition or search for WFRP Career Compendium. That's what I'll be using for what the character classes/careers should be, if you can't torrent then PM me your email and I'll send you the file through that instead.

I do recommend reading through a number of the WFRP books however, the Warhammer Fantasy world is a little complex even for me but I've been studying as best I can to give you guys a good RP.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Wed May 21, 2014 9:16 pm

I found this site which looks like it'd be pretty helpful
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Belwicket » Wed May 21, 2014 11:34 pm

I have a storyline laid out for a 2.0 AD&D game in Faerun. No, we will not meet Drizzt or any of his friends. No, we will not have a chance of getting their weapons. However, I will have multiple in-and-out NPCs that will join the quests.

Long ago, in a land far away, there was a war between good and evil. The war raged on, consuming the country and all their allies. What remains of these lands is in ruins, barely habitable by the few who remain. And still, the evil rulers continue readying for another conquest.

Rumors of the war have reached Faerun, though few still remember them. Those old enough to have seen the war and remember it are dead or close to. These elderly still tell tales of the war to their grandchildren and great-grandchildren in hopes they would be ready if a war like that ever came to Faerun.

Little did they know, the time was closer than they thought.

From the far east, a man led an army of hundreds across the lands, over the seas, sweeping over like a plague. Faerun remained unknowing of the impending doom. The soldiers took everything they could use and killed everyone who stood in their way. This man's name was Taira no Katsu.

One person, one brave bard, ran to Faerun, to the small town of Uzbeg. From there, they sent messengers to each of the great cities: Evermeet, Mithril Hall, the Citadel of Thay, Chavyandot, Telflamm and everywhere between and beyond. With the word spreading quickly, everyone was soon ready for the war to come. However, none of them knew of the power of Taira.

The army swept over the land of Faerun, taking what they needed and killing all who stood in their way. Those who were still left to fight hid in hopes of their assault to end. It continued for many years with men, women and children dying from starvation, illnesses, murder and other forms of torture Taira's army had thrown their way.

Word was quickly spread when they found Taira's weakness, a certain blade hidden in his home in the far east. Hearing of this, the bard sent letters to each of the great holds and to every survivor of the slaughters. They were told to send their best warriors on their fastest mounts to Baldurs gate to the Blade and Stars Inn. Each hero would be told to ask the barkeep to talk to the one named "Carla".

If you've never played any type of D&D before, I can help you create a good character. However, that will also lower the chance of you being any strange type of character, such as a half-dragon, half-drow or any race that could be considered "enemies" with others.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Thu May 22, 2014 3:31 am

Tuor wrote:I found this site which looks like it'd be pretty helpful

Super helpful! Not that I'm using the actual stats, but the instant character creation in a matter of seconds is very nice.

Edit: Though I do think some of the talents and skills will have nice impacts on a character; say if your character can drive then you're the designated driver for the group.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Scrambles » Sat May 24, 2014 12:35 am

I find myself in a transition period with the RP's I am currently involved in. Anyone else feel like coming up with a new one with me?

Postby Tuor » Sat May 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Archrival wrote:Warhammer Fantasy: New Guard of the Old World

Setting

The Warhammer Fantasy Universe is as dark as one can possibly get, danger and death lurks every turn. The Spirit of Morr strikes randomly, and sometimes not keeping what he reaps, that merchant you might have seen well and fine earlier as you purchased his goods that very day could very well be dead by nightfall, that’s how fragile life is in this world. Disease, famine and war are predominant. Though saying that there are those that have lived for quite a long time in this world, the dwarves are as ancient and set into their ways as the stone and metal they craft. The Elves that wield the greatest magic are old and wise; some of the oldest of them can peer into the events of the future as their high magic will let them, but their appearances very rarely look any older than a human in his fifties. Humans however are great in number and common in most corners of the Old World but lack the elder races lifespan, most barely make it past sixty but even they are rare in these dark times as Morr’s range is vast and great.

There are many things that are enemies of the human race and the Elder races: Chaos are beings of great corruption that follow dark gods with even darker motives, those that follow these gods can range from mutants that were once human but changed by the stigmata of chaos, to full on daemons of chaos which are the gods spirit followers and are similar in appearance to their gods.

There are four chaos gods: There is Nurgle the plague god, this great bloated, disease ridden and boil festering god seeks to cover the Old World in plague and foulness, those that follow him suffer from major diseases and are bloated and swollen from illness those that fight them best be wary they do not catch what the followers have because it could be their downfall.

The next is Khorne the blood god, he seeks to see the world in blood and ruin, his followers are the hardest to spot as they don’t mutate obviously but are still as dangerous as they are great warriors and have great skill in battle.

The third is Tzeentch the changer of ways, this being is the most tricky of the chaos gods as his followers are steeped in magic and are the most ambitious in the Old World, many plans to destroy the Old World are set out by Tzeentch followers, the mutants of tzeentch are also very hard to spot like Khorne but only in early stages as they soon gain tentacles, clawed limbs or have multiple limbs.

The final Chaos Daemon god on the list is Slaanesh, the god of lust and pleasure those that follow him are the most decadent and self indulgent. Taking part in many sexual taboos or strange sexual rituals. Slaanesh also manage to taint a lot of the elves causing a civil war and the creation of the Dark Elves.

Other beings that are out to destroy the Elder and Human races are the Greenskins or Orcs and Goblins. These are feral looking beings that ruin and pillage or capture any villages they can get their hand on. Even though the Greenskins fight the elder/human races they are not allies with chaos though there are Greenskins that are tainted by chaos.
The Skaven are ratmen, created by the warpstone of chaos. They however like the Greenskins aren’t directly in league with the chaos cults, but have been known to do so from time to time. Skaven live in burrows and warrens underground, much like normal rats, that have tunnels leading all over the Old World, and can use them to quickly traverse the country without being seen.

A rarer but no more deadly threat are the undead, these are usually seen when accompanied by either vampires or a necromancer. They are much like their fantasy counterparts, from the shuffling zombies to the clattering skeletons. Though the difference is merely how long the course has decayed, the shambling being that the creature has not fully come under the control of their master, but once fully decayed they can fight as well as they did in life. And much like zombie films, the only usual way to kill these is to destroy the head with the smack of a hammer or crushing the skull with your boot. Other kinds of undead like Banshees and Ghouls come under this banner too, and when facing these hordes it’ll be no surprise to find these higher tier abominations

Players

You will be playing one of three races, Dwarves, Elves and Humans, if you wish to play anything different (And not chaos related) like ogres or Halflings then you’ll have to send me a PM. Your characters will be very much mortal in that if they take a wound then it will be as physically impacting as the real world. Cut your hand on a sharp bit of glass, get a gash from a glancing blow of a sword and it’ll make your character react, and only their strength of conviction will drive them through. If not seen to or treated then it won’t heal for a while but seeing a surgeon or being attended to by a priest of Shallya may help it but you will be left scarred, if not treated or looked at then it could become infected as disease in this world is much more frequent. So with this in mind I recommend at least one starts as an Apothecary, Barber-Surgeon or an Initiate of Shallya, but any other kinds of Initiate of the cults of the Old World are just as useful.

There is magic in the world but those that wield it are treated with immense suspicion and fear as their power is very much related to the forces of chaos and those that grow too powerful for their own boots soon get swallowed by the powers of chaos or destroyed by their own magic as it is as temperamental as a active volcano. Those in the empire tend to belong to one of the Eight winds of magic and study under the respective colleges, anyone found practicing forbidden magic or magic not belonging to the colleges tend to get hunted down by Witch Hunters and soon end up burning at the stake for their heresy. Playing a High Elf Wizard means you don’t have to rely on the colleges but you’re as rare as a friendly Skaven but not impossible, choosing to be either a human Wizard apprentice or Elf Wizard you’ll have to send me a PM proving why you can be trusted with the turbulent magical power.

The world you the players inhabit is filled with superstition and belief, religion is a very strong aspect and those that preach in the streets are often listened to and heeded, one wrong word among a throng of people could end in your hanging or imprisonment. If you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time you can be arrested and jailed, that’s how fickle the people of the Old World are, the law system does nothing to help those who can’t afford it. You as players will have to convince others of your actions if you commit something claimed as lawbreaking, or as mentioned pony up a decent sum to get yourself a Litigant. If you choose to start as a Litigant, you will have to research the laws of the Old World with help from some Warhammer Fantasy RP books I think are relevant.

I forgot to, so
+1
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Archrival » Sat May 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Wondered if you'd realise haha, so I have 3 unless Sigment's comment counts...
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun May 25, 2014 12:15 am

Naw, sorry. I can +1 it if you'd prefer, but I won't be able to participate. Too many things to deal with right now.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Tuor » Sun May 25, 2014 12:19 am

Nahhh it's pointless to do that
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun May 25, 2014 12:20 am

That's what I figured. Sorry, Arch.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Archrival » Sun May 25, 2014 6:35 am

No problemo, I wouldn't wish anyone to vote on something they can't enjoy. I'm sure someone will come along and then you can join at a later date if you so desire.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Zelosse » Mon May 26, 2014 1:06 am

I give it +1, but my attendance would be a tad sketchy. Still, warhammer is warhammer.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing