RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:41 am

Kingdom Hearts: Lineage

The Story

It has been 100 years since the Nobodies were defeated and nearly eradicated. Many of the old Keybearers have passed on. The few that remain live in solitude or work as teachers at Keybearer Academy, the only school to train those with the special ability to wield Keyblades.

Many students have been accepted into the Academy due to the rising number of Keyblades looking for Keybearers. Each world has chosen 1, sometimes 2, Keybearers to save them from the coming Darkness of the Heartless.

The Heartless, beings of pure darkness who act on pure instinct, numbers are rising again. This time led by a man calling himself Veritas. Veritas was once a Keybearer, one who could save the worlds. However, his heart was corrupted by darkness, turning him into one who could destroy worlds, consume them in darkness, just by being there. The same could be said for his 12 Generals. And with the new Heartless, a new Emblem.

Along with the Heartless, the Nobodies have returned full force, led by an new group called Association of the Heart. Composed of 13 dark hearted Nobodies, entities who are mere shells of who they used to be, each with deadly weapons and great powers, led by a man named Xavister.

As well as the Unversed, beings of pure emotion who seek only to increase their numbers. The Unversed, unlike the Heartless and Nobodies, are not evil, merely conscious of their struggle for life against the Heartless, Nobodies and Keybearers. Led by the 13 Emotions, they spread their numbers, ready for the great war to come.

Pick a side, make a character and win the war. [Note: Most Keybearers will start in the Academy. Most of the Generals will start in the Dark World. Most of the Association of the Heart will begin in the Empty Shell. Most of the 13 Emotions will begin in Soul.]

The Worlds
There are 4 main worlds this story will be focused around: the Keybearer Academy, the Dark World, The Empty Shell and Soul.

Keybearer Academy
The place all Keybearers learn not only how to summon their Keyblades but how to wield them. They learn from 7 teachers: History with Professor Nishimura, Gummi Ship Building with Dale, Gummi Ship Piloting with Chip, Magic with Master Lightning, Skills with Tinkerbell and her translator, Peter pan, Battle Tactics with Master Urahara and Dueling with Master Zoro. Master Sound would take the spot of Principle and would be around for every big test.

Dark World
A world of pure Darkness where the Heartless roam free. This is where Veritas and his 12 Generals, each with "truth" in a different language being their name, do their planning and watching. (please keep the "truth" theme)

Empty Shell
A world of nothingness, constantly being changed by Xavister. However, in the center, there always stands a castle; Castle Shell. The walls of the castle, both inside and out, are pure white. In the center of this castle sits the throne room. On the far wall is the tallest of the 13 thrones, Xavister's. The other 12 complete a circle, each throne being a different height relative to the power of each of the Association members. Throughout the castle are an unknown number of rooms, each one taking the form of whatever is being thought of by whoever enters, no matter what they be.

Soul
Soul is a world separated into 4 big kingdoms: Joy, Anger, Sorrow and Fear.
-Joy is a kingdom where everything is bright and colorful. Everyone feels welcome. Joy's king, Pride, is a strong but caring ruler who would do anything to help his subjects.
-Anger is a kingdom where you could be attacked for nothing at all. Most residents of this kingdom live in fear of their king, Rage, going on another mass killing spree just to keep the numbers low enough to care for everyone. He is a cold, cruel ruler who only cares about himself.
-Sorrow is a kingdom where nobody wants to be. The residents are barely making it through lives. Their king, Agony, is in constant turmoil of what to do about the constantly increasing number of his subjects.
-Fear, a kingdom from which everyone is hiding from everything. You will not see anyone being friendly as most just want to get what they need to survive and hide in their homes.
Aside from the 4 kingdoms, there is the Heartland, a place nobody dared ever enter. Until the 13 Emotions, that is. Those 13 entered together, each one seeking refuge from something else. Little did they know, there they would find the Well of Vision and gain knowledge no being should have. They have worked together, purposefully increasing the numbers, creating an army for what is to come. (please note: I would rather have the 13 Emotions names be backwards (such as Yoj, Raef, Yvne, etc.) but I will allow others)

CSs

The Teachers

Name: Sound
Appearance: Sound has long, white hair, reaching to the middle of his shoulder blades. He is thin but still muscular and a bit taller than the other human teachers. His eyes are both cloaked in shadows from the masks he wears. The masks are set so the mouth of each one is over an eye. On the right is an orange jack-o-lantern with triangular, yellow eyes and a black, jagged mouth. On the left is a white skull resembling the head of Jack Skellington when he is angry, the mouth over his other eye. He also wears a black hat with orange fur trim around the bottom and an orange fur ball at the tip, making it into a Halloween-styled Santa hat. His shirt is orange with very big, short sleeves. Over his shirt is a black vest with each button resembling a piece of candy. His pants are black with an orange belt that poof out. His legs are loosely wrapped in orange bandages. His feet are covered by big, black shoes with orange laces.
World: He was originally from Halloweentown.

Name: Nishimura
Appearance: [link]
World: Baka to Test

Name: Chip and Dale
World: Disney Castle

Name: Lightning
Appearance: '[\\[link]
World: Cocoon

Name: Tinkerbell
World: Neverland

Name: Peter Pan
World: Neverland

Name: Urahara
World: Kurakara Town

Name: Zoro
World: Grand Line

The Bad Guys

Name: Veritas
World:

Name: Xavister
World:

Name: Evol
World:
Last edited by Belwicket on Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:39 am, edited 10 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:39 pm

+1, seems interesting.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Belwicket » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks. It's not completely done, though. Gotta describe the Academy and each of the worlds. Not to mention list out the worlds that they go to.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 pm

If I could negative vote, I would. Your last RP went no where and died from lack of attention. I don't even think that you had the IC set up you were gone from it for so long. You god mod other people's characters, nothing is ever clear, and you fight with people when we tell you to elaborate or make something clear.

Thank God this one is based off of something that people can at last relate with, but your track record with activity and interactions with others leaves much to be desired.

Should your RP pass this thread, I will watch it closely to make sure it stays within the limits that have been established here.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:57 am

That one was not mine. Plus, I've already stated where most everyone will start. Plus, I'll have more than enough NPCs left over, even if everyone's involved and makes 2, 3, 4 or even 5 characters.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:03 pm

My point still stands, Bel. Your interactions and GM skills are terrible. I really think you need to spend more time on the site and playing RPs with other people in order to better your interactions with others, before trying to GM something again.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 pm

As I said, it's not a finished idea and I will be working on it a lot. By the time it is done, I'll have shown I'm ready to be a GM.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:11 pm

You're missing the point. It's not the ideas where the problems lie. A RP is letting other people into your idea. You, as the GM, create the connection, the bridge, for the players into your idea. The issues are with your abilities to act as the medium for players and ideas.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:22 pm

The role of GM is to create paths for players to take, and mediate to make sure everything is happening within the rules established. However, you need to let players choose which path to take.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Yes and this one has a lot more freedom and a lot less rules than Kaze's RP.

If you want to be a General who is constantly causing trouble for the Keybearers as they travel, do it.

If you want to be one of the Institution members who turns on their own, I'll allow it.

If you want to be one of the Emotions who is secretly plotting against the others to take over everything, why not?

Hell, I'll even allow an evil Keybearer if the backstory is good enough.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:15 pm

That's still part of the idea. You give the players more options. The problem is how you handle those options. It's something we can only see after you show us, your track record isn't the best atm. Blood merely suggests that you become more experienced with the RPs on this forum and see how GMs control their RPs, before you try again.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Yes and this idea is far from finished. I have a lot I need to add and decide. Although, I do know this: I will allow Disney worlds but I would prefer to keep those at a minimum for 2 reasons: 1) Most of the old Disney movies are in the other games. 2) Most of the newer Disney movies will be in KH3 and/or I haven't seen them yet. I'm still trying to decide on whether or not to add worlds based off other video games or not.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Sig Skellington » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Bel, you're still not acknowledging the main point we're trying to make.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:36 pm

Yes, you want me to learn. What I'm trying to explain is I will have learned by the time this is ready. Understand?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:12 am

So you're planning for it to be ready some years from now?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Sig Skellington » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 am

Point being that not many people expect you to learn how to properly GM an RP just by researching the universe your RP will be coming from. Nothing personal, but that's how things seem to be.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:04 pm

-facepalm-

I will be learning by co-GMing not only Kaze's game but any others that someone will let me. Of course, these games I already have to know quite a bit about beforehand.

While learning that way, I will be taking my time to add any necessary information I think/learn of to the post. Then, when it is all complete, I will repost it on the new page, unless not too many pages have passed which I don't think is likely.

Is that more understandable?

-sigh-
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby tonightscake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 pm

Even if you do try extensively to improve your GMing, getting your RP on here isn't up to you. You'll need to get the necessary votes before it can start and I don't see you getting them anytime soon if most of the others think this way too.
Why not?
Lovely Antics

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:01 am

I'm working on improving my GM skills and the RP idea separately. And I never said it would be soon. It could take a long time for me to get this up.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:54 am

K. We'll see ya in a few years then.

Let's go back to RPG approval.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:16 am

I'm also willing to take ideas if anyone wants to toss them in.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Sig Skellington » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:38 am

I really should get back to working on that Fallout RP I wanted to make. But first, sleeeeeeeep...

The Resident Smartass

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 am

Still a work in progress. I kind of wanted to see if anyone had any interest in this kind of post-apocalyptic, Last of Us/Ergo Proxy/Freezing-ish chimera of a role play I cooked up. I'm still working on the fine details, but if the overall idea seems to appeal to people, I'll continue mashing my face against my screen until this shit's hashed out.

Working title: The Scourge

Quick and dirty synopsis to try and hook you:

2010, the year monsters dubbed the Plagueridden began appearing. Faster, stronger, and smarter than humans, they were the result of an epidemic dubbed the Devil's Plague that began in Germany and spread to the rest of the world. Humans were the transmission vector, and what the infected person gained in power they lost in humanity. While vaguely retaining the shape of their host, most Plagueridden have discolored skin, mutated appendages, sharpened teeth, and, most notably, eyes without sclerae. They hunt in packs and though it's been confirmed that Plagueridden understand the host's language, it is unclear how much of the host information is retained after transformation is complete. Some last radio transmissions from scouting teams that have gone missing identify various types of Plagueridden that have lost the host form. Without any further information than appearance, researchers postulate that powerful Plagueridden have probably evolved different forms more effective for hunting than the bipedal locomotion and soft exterior of humans.

Thanks to the innovative idea of a genius researcher, the Plague virus was incorporated into the human genome and turned into an injection that spread prolifically throughout remaining human civilizations as a last-ditch attempt to find some way of countering the Plagueridden. After several generations, adaptations to the gene finally progressed to the point where certain humans could weaponize the Plague in much the same way as the Plagueridden, but without losing their souls in the progress. They were named Plaguebearers and held up as humanity's last hope.

Background Story
Present Day Story
Sample (Shitty) Character Sheet
Possible Battle System

Let me know if this sounds too stupid to actually work. Always open for suggestions, too.
Pyrophoric

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:54 pm

I like the idea. Sounds like [Prototype] kinda. Most infected people turn into monsters. Alex uses the infection as a weapon.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby (CH3)3CLi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 pm

It's a cookie-cutter scenario, but that makes it more accessible in my opinion.
Pyrophoric

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing