RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby KingofInsanity » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

I guess I'm just used to stuff with not much details than the stuff Kaze already gave
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

People like to know what they are getting themselves in for. Not a pleasant experience to sign on for something and find out there are a few... issues with the program.

Sometimes its work and the concept is easy enough to grasp, other times it requires a bit more explaining. Don't let it stress you out though.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby KingofInsanity » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:17 am

..........sometimes I wonder why some of my suggestions need explaining, by the way, is anyone able to help me come up with a summary?
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Postby Belwicket » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:22 am

Well, to understand all the classes, you have to understand all the deities.

Lou: He's the one who rules over the Reapers and Seers. Basically, the God of Death.

Unnamed Goddess: Lou's sister, the basic Goddess of Life, she guides the Witches and Scryers.

Pandora: Goddess of Chaos. Still ironing out the details on her.

God: Pandora's brother, totally ignores the other 3 (maybe 4 if he can decide on it) and teaches the Priests and Pastors.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am

This doesn't enlighten us in anyway.
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
Rocks

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:10 pm

That doesn't even make sense of understanding the classes. Is Bel joint on this or something now?

@ King: You don't need a summary, you need a bigger explanation of things.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Belwicket » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 pm

Kaze, Rokku and I are working on it together. It's mostly Kaze, though.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby KazeXDZ » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Bel, you said she's called many names but doesn't have one she calls herself.

Also: the Reapers, Witches a Priests are pretty much the same, just with different styles. The same goes for the Seers, Scryers and Pastors. And Pandora only has her children, nothing like any of the other groups. Still working out the details of them.

Anyways, the playable selection depends on whether the player wants Lou, the wise-ass God of Death, or the Goddess, intelligent and merciful. Then again, the Witches and Scryers aren't as strong as the Reapers and Seers.
Goth boy

Postby Belwicket » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:51 pm

Oops... forgot...
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:52 pm

Figure out the PvP part too.
Til then!
Rocks

Postby Belwicket » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Well, the PvP thing mostly depends on if any players want to play Pastors or Priests or some of the other baddies.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:12 pm

Still not answering the question :p
Let's say I fight another player. How do we decide the victor?
Rocks

Postby KazeXDZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:56 pm

I have plans for that.
Goth boy

Postby Sigment » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:01 pm

I feel like we're talking to one of those "magic" eight-balls.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Vegedus » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Still not answering the question :p
Let's say I fight another player. How do we decide the victor?

Allow me to illuminate.

You've been playing my RP Tenshi, which has concrete rules and dice and stuff.... Whiiiiich is a pretty rare thing on this site. I've actually never seen another one have that. In some RPs the characters have stats, but they don't actually have any specific effect on the game, they don't decide who wins. I've played a number of heavy PvP on the site, and for the most part, well, you just sorta keep on posting what you do and sooner or later it becomes apparent who's winning, or someone gives in or something. Sooner or later someone posts about how they burrow a sword in the other guys chest and the fight is over. There's some implicit, gentlemanly rules that you can't just win a fight in the first post, you gotta do some posturing first, build up an advantage, but ultimately the one who wins is the one who describes himself winning.

That's basically the default system for all RPs on the site, and I'm assuming it's the same one Bel is going with. Even if not consciously, it's what's going to happen in practice.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Except 2 things.

1: Bel won't be GM, she'll be co-GM to me.

2: There won't be that much PvP unless the players want it. With that said, the PvP that will be there will be decided this way:

P1 post: fight begins.

P2 post: reaction.

GM/co-GM post: which hits connect, first part of fight done, second part begins with P2.
Goth boy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

I understand this concept. That's how I usually ran my own to with friends :3
We'd meet up and discuss their combat situations, and I would ultimately decide what goes. Then there were the times I got spammed with Skype msgs...

I was just hoping to see something similar to how your roll system worked. Cuz it could get messy and out of control at times.
Rocks

Postby KazeXDZ » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, now that we have a lot of the little details ironed out, shall we begin the voting?
Goth boy

Postby Tenshi Nova » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Not really a begin thing. I think people just give you the votes whenever they wish.

I believe Scrambles already has 2, and he's not even done with it yet xD
Rocks

Postby Belwicket » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Well, if I'm allowed, I vote +1.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Draken30000 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am

While I liked the risk system in your RP Vege, I do/did have some qualms with it. I know it brought balance, but some things were just so blatantly unlikely to happen that it bordered on ridiculous. I feel like I prefer the back and forth way of combat over the rolling, though each has its merits.

Also I mean the RP Kaze and Bel are proposing sounds interesting, I need a little more convincing before I vote.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Belwicket » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Ask and ye shall receive.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:08 pm

KazeXDZ wrote:Well, now that we have a lot of the little details ironed out, shall we begin the voting?

Let's see the entire thing, all fixed up and pretty then.

Tenshi Nova wrote:Figure out the PvP part too.

I've never seen the forum take so much interest in explaining PvP in the RPs. Usually the focus as been more on the idea. My RPs never explained the PvP. There was just a general understanding between players on what is acceptable to do and what isn't.

imho, it shouldn't matter, unless the GM has a different and interesting way to do (it). Like Veg's RP. It's a different form. The idea should be something that takes a larger consideration in voting, instead of the PvP thing. Questions about that, if there is a issue with it, can be explained in the OCC.
Last edited by Blood Lord on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot the "it".
Mercypostle

Postby Karo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

GM votes do not count towards the creation of the game on the forum.

Also, I don't think I can take a game whose main deity is named Lou seriously.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Sigment » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah, I was expecting something a little more intimidating... Like Bob, or Tim. :grin:
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing