RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Shit, put me down for a vote on Belwicket too. Not like we have too many RPs at the moment. And now for something completely different...

(Re)Destroy/(Re)Build

“I woke up from a dream, yet my eyes see only nightmares. Corpses in the streets and a shrieking red maelstrom where the sky is supposed to be. The world itself seems to be dying and nothing really makes sense. Today, I accidentally walked into someone’s memories, nearly killed her as a child. I never thought I’d miss the laws of physics being consistent this much. The voice tells me to fight, to destroy this broken world and the last ones in it and I’ll be able to create a new one. One without senseless suffering like this, perhaps. I shouldn’t believe it, but my gut tells me otherwise. When I unlocked my power, instinctively, I knew I was born for this.”

Overview

• The setting is our modern day world, struck by a supernatural calamity, killing all but a handful of all living beings in the entire cosmos. Reality is slowly dissolving, allowing a new universe to be born, in a cycle that has supposedly been going on forever. This new world will be designed according only to a single vision and the survivors are to determine which it’ll be.
  • It’s a sorta action-intrigue kind of game. The characters have awesome powers and the most straightforward way of accomplishing their goals is to kill the others. However, it’s not the only way, diplomacy, mindfucking and backstabbing also being quite effective. PvP is to be expected, either way. Drama, angst and general roleplaying faffing about is also encouraged. Really, it’s about whatever the characters do, because...
  • It’s a sandbox game. There’s no pre-written plot. As a GM I have a couple of characters meant for stirring shit up and a couple mysteries up my sleeve, but no plot, no sequences you have to go through. All the characters have a central goal they should pursue with vigor, and how they go about it, and what they do in between, is the story. I’ll do some of it, but you’re still largely in charge of interesting things happening in and around your character.
  • There’s a resolution system in play, so fights aren’t won by whoever posts most aggressively. It’s based on the concept of “no guts, no glory”; a risk has to be taken for anything to be accomplished. Inversely, you can’t lose something you haven’t risked. I’ve tried to keep it simple and non-intrusive and it can be bypassed entirely if people would rather not deal with it.
  • The concept is heavily inspired by the videogame Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, and a little by the others in the series as well. There’s lots of differences though and the game isn’t canon or required knowledge or anything. If you have played it, you’re free to draw as much inspiration as you want from it.

Setting

A ritual older than time was enacted and the end of the world came swiftly. The sky turned in a red, swirling vortex and all life started dying in a matter of moments. Billions of people fell dead immediately, at best letting out a scream first. You watched this, catched a glimpse of building contorting and changing size, shadows coming alive and reality itself destabilizing before blacking out. In your unconscious mind a voice spoke to you. It explained how the destruction of the universe had been set in motion. How it was a necessary step in the rebuilding of a new one. And how you could be the one to rebuild it according to your own vision, as a god incarnate. This vision, this burning flame for change is the only reason you are still alive, one in a billion. You are not alone, however. There are others with visions just as strong. They will have to persuaded to your way of thinking or be killed. The new universe cannot be created until then. Your weapons have been readied. Reality, fickle as it this close to the end, can be bent to your will, your soul’s strength materialized. The rest is up to you.

The game takes place in New York, simply because it’s a big city that most of us are somewhat familiar with. It’s also the eye the storm, the most stable place in a deteriorating world, though that doesn’t say much. Like everything else, the earth is steadily dissolving. At the start of the game, the points farthest from New York, which is Australia, is effectively gone, and the rest is going too. Keep in mind though, reality is not consistent, walk through a door and you may find yourself seemingly on another place on earth. Your character can also come from anywhere, and be in New York for specific or mystical reasons or for no reason at all. The city streets are littered with corpses, well-preserved and lifeless in a doll-like manner, though there are also many who are conspicuously clean. It’s dark everywhere because the sun is not visible anymore, instead there is the fluctuating, red glow from the vortex and the occasional working street lamp. Like everything, electricity is inconsistently working in some places and not others. While the major streets and landmarks most lodged into the worlds subconscious look like themselves, odd things and places can be found in every alley. What I’m trying to say is, that it is your world too and you may fill in what you like, as long as it matches the overall theme.

The game will start one day after the calamity started. This is to kickstart things a bit so we don’t have to spend more time than needed on “omg, this is horrible!”. “omg, I haz special power?” and “omg, nothing makes sense!”. Basically, your character already knows what’s going on to the detailed here and the shock may have lessened a bit. Wangst is still good though and your character may still be finding their sea-legs, if you think that’s interesting. It’s just so we can skip past a bit of the unnecessary set-up and exposition. Your character may also have been sleeping for all of that time, if you do think the “reveal” is interesting. Alternatively, you can always do flash-backs. It’s also enough time you may have met some of the other characters already, but you should state it explicitly in your character sheet if you have.

Rules

What you can always do
The rules come into play when you enter into a conflict with another character and during special, player-initiated challenges, and only then. For all other parts of the game, you say what happens and that is what happens. So yeah, you can go scaling up the sides of buildings, invent parts of the landscape or one-shot random monsters, without me stopping you. You should not fuck with physics in a way your characters power does not enable you to, but since the setting itself is messed up, there’s a certain amount of leeway to be had by detailing your surroundings instead. Gravity might be weaker or tilted in an area, the food you’re eating might last you for days somehow and there might just be a convenient hole in space to escape through. You can just declare this and it’ll be true. What you cannot do, however, is dictating anything about what happens to another character than your own. Not without using the conflict resolution rules.

When?
When you enter into conflict with another character, the rules kick in. As mentioned, it works both as a safety net, and an encouragement to risk it all and win some fights, dammit. Conflicts can be of any nature: physical fights, social, trying to convince someone to join your cause, a mind battle, who can sprint the fastest, whatever. The players involved are the ones that decide when something counts as a conflict, and initiates it themselves. The only requirement is that two characters is in direct opposition, having opposite goals. It’s probably most suited for combat, and while I think it’ll work well for intrigue also, it’s perfectly fine if people would rather just “talk it out”. The rules will often get you further in terms of the game’s overall goal though (or further away if you lose, heh).

Initiating Conflict
At any point, anyone can identify they are now in a conflict. First, they’ll do the usual thing and post something about what their character does, probably something drastic like throwing the first punch. Then, in spoiler tags at the end of their post they should detail two things: Their risks and style bonuses. Risks are what you are willing to let happen to your character, mostly in the case that you lose. Bigger risks means higher bonuses which help your odds of winning. Style bonus you get from posting in a manner that fits with the theme of a game. You cannot enter into a conflict without risking anything. When one player has posted their risks and style bonuses, the other player should respond in kind, posting first how their character responds and their chosen risks and style bonuses. Then either I or the players roll each two ten-sided dice adding in the bonuses, and the higher sum wins. More on this later. Each player should then follow up with a post detailing the consequences of the roll. The winning player generally have the right to describe the infliction of the risks the loser chose. If they risked serious bodily harm, the winner is allowed to describe how they beat up the losers character, badly. They can also let the precise effects of some of them be up to the other part, as might be appropriate with mental risks and such. The loser has the right to describe how the conflict ends, whether they surrender, flee in haste or just leave in a huff, unless one of their risks specifically dictates how the fight should end. In its most compact form, a conflict takes four posts, but can be longer. Not all risks or style bonuses have to be taken right away, but can be “built” up over multiple posts. For instance, the initiator can amend their risks if the opponent bids much higher. The resolution after can also be done in multiple posts, the ultimate outcome is just set in stone when the dice are rolled.

The Risks
Below is the standard lists of risk you can take. They’re divided into categories of how much of a bonus it gives you. +1 is awarded for bad, but not debilitating stuff that can mended, +2 is something lasting or particularly nasty, +3 is something incapacitating that puts you at the mercy of your opponent and +6 radical, permanent change of the character, death and what’s worse. You can at max take enough risks to get a total bonus of +10, and you make take max take 2 risks in the +2 category, max 1 from all the others. The list goes:

+1: Temporary Setbacks
- Losing a very useful, but not significant item
- Serious fatigue, needing rest for most of remaining day
- Serious embarrassment, in ones own eyes or others
- Question your own beliefs
- Gain respect for the specific opponent/change your view of them
- Power exhausted, completely unusable for 24 hours
- Accidentally hurt an ally or innocent
- A small, but nagging injury or mental trauma (-1 in your next conflict)

+2: Lasting Hurt
- Losing a personal, unique and important item, to your opponent if they wish
- Conceding to any reasonable demands of your opponent
- Minor mental breakdown, impacted self-confidence or rationality for an indefinite duration
- Power unstable and dangerous for a long while (essentially giving me, the GM license to fuck with it and you)
- A fixable, but serious injury or trauma, like heavy blood loss or temporary insanity (-2 in your next conflict)
- A permanent injury or trauma, like a crushed bone or a new phobia (-1 in all conflicts, unless you get someone else capable to mend it)

+3: Losing the Fight
- Surrender, on their terms
- Concede to their way of thinking
- Incapacitated, knocked out cold
- Captured, to be dealt with later
- Bleeding out, dead without help
- A part of yourself, like a limb, or your power, gone forever.

+6: Lose Yourself
- All but a slave to their opponent, bound to follow their every command
- Mind forever broken and lost track of your goal, catatonic or insane
- Subsumed by your own power, integrated in the fabric of the current universe
- Dead, your corpse the foundation of the next universe

This is not a complete list, you can, and I hope you will, make up your own risks along the way. What makes sense will often depend on the specific situation. Like, if you know your opponent wants something specific from you, risk that. It’s good sport. These are mainly examples so you know what categories they should fit into. Note that the math works out so that you gain a pretty sizeable advantage by taking more risks than your opponent, but it’s never completely unlikely you will lose. The most important thing rule though is you may never inflict something on your opponent that they have not risked, or you have not won the right for yet. You may not inflict serious wounds on another character (cuts, bruises and fleshes should be fine), you may not kill a character you have captured, before winning the right to do just that. The rules expect some degree of gentlemanly conduct from you.

Style Bonuses
Below of is a list of various things you can include in your post to give bonuses to your roll. Each one gives a +1, up to a max of +3. They are generally various kinds of actions or descriptions that fit with the themes of the game. Unlike risks, this is a complete list, you cannot just make up style bonuses as you go, but I do take suggestions if there is anything obvious not on the list.
- Using your power to great effect
- Showcasing your willpower or zealotry
- Being overcome by emotion
- Being distracted by memories
- Championing your vision with passion
- Offering a glimpse into your ideal world
- Showing the worlds inconsistency, how nothing makes sense
- Breaking physics completely
- Describing reality itself dissolving
- Destroying a known, nostalgic piece of the world
- Using the environment itself as a weapon
- Describing the darkness and terror of the waning world
- Horrific violence, say, bones penetrating flesh, not just a splash of blood (you may not actually describe inflicting such on your opponent before the roll, so this is easier to do on yourself, heh)

Note that the purpose of these are not to suck up to me for bonuses. You should be able to decide which of these you earned yourself and it should not be particularly hard to get three. I’ll only meddle if you’re obviously reaching or misunderstood something.

Conflict Resolution Detailed
So, you write about post where you duke it out, decide what risks you’re willing to take, and what style bonuses you earned. You post them in spoiler tags at the end of your post like so:

Risks: Nagging Injury +1, Give him the amulet +1, power backfire +2, surrender +3
Style: Power, championing vision, breaking physics. Total: +10.   

Or similar. You also post it in the OOC if you prefer, and it’s not crowded that day. Once all involved in the conflict have posted all the risks and style bonuses they want to use, the dice have to be rolled. I can do that for you, or you can do it yourself to speed things up. Either way, the rolling is done via this website. Input your character’s name, roll 2d10 plus your total bonus. The site saves the rolls so they can be looked up later, so there’s no cheating. Whoever has the highest sum is the winner, and has the right to make true all the risks the loser took. They can do however many of them they want, them all, or just a select few, if they wish. If the difference of the two results are less or equal to 3 (20 and 17 for instance), the loser may inflict one +1 or +2 category risk on the winner, as a consolation prize. If the two results are exactly equal, both may inflict ALL +1 or +2 category risks on the other, and can then either start a new conflict or solve it in a more civil manner. As mentioned, the winner has the right to make the risks come true, but take advantage of the OOC thread and communicate, discuss which specific outcomes are the most fun and such. You also never HAVE to inflict a risk as the winner, you can chose which ones you make true.

Challenges
Hopefully this all makes sense. There’s one other thing you can do with the rules, called challenges. If you’re ever bored, you can end your post (or post in the OOC) with “Challenge” in spoiler tags. When you do this, I, as the GM, will follow up by making your characters life... Interesting. I’ll throw monsters, falling-rubble, spontaneous black holes or something else at you. Then I’ll post in spoilers a target number you have to beat. You’ll do the usual thing and post your characters actions and chosen risks and style bonuses. The roll happens and if the roll is less than the target, I get to act on your risks. Equal to, or above, and nothing bad happens, and something good might. Roll 3 or more above the target number, and you at least get a +1 to your next conflict or challenge, but challenges might also provide things like opportunities for healing, but it varies. Fights with multiple opponents work just the same

Challenges are really the only way in which I’m a tradition GM. If no-one is initiating challenges, I’ll just play my characters and adjudicate the rules. Otherwise, you’re in charge of things happening. If you ever can’t figure out what you should do, put in the challenge flag, and something will come to you. Alternatively, you can put in “Challenge (no dice)” and there won’t be any risks taken or dice rolling business, but still dangers and opportunities coming at you.

Summary
A conflict is any time you are in direct opposition with another character. Post in spoiler tags at the end of your post the risk you are willing to take and the style bonuses you have earned. Max 3 style bonuses can be earned, max +10 in risks can be taken, and max one from every category, except for +1, where it’s 2.
Your opponent will do the same. Keep posting until you both have all the risks and bonuses you want. Roll 2d10 plus your bonus via this website or signal me to do it for you. The one with the highest roll may inflict all the others risks taken on them. If the difference between the two sums are less than four, the loser may also inflict a +1 or +2 risk on the winner. In a draw, both can inflict all such on the other.
If you’re ever in doubt about what to do in the game, post “Challenge!” in spoilers and I’ll throw something interesting and/or dangerous at you.

Character Sheet

Note in general that I’m taking a “less is more” approach to the character sheets, and really, the game in general. That means a longer CS isn’t a better one. What matters is you make an interesting character with just a bit of complexity to them. Those that enjoy writing lots for its own sake are of course allowed to do so, but no one else should feel pressured to pad their CS just to make it longer.

Name: (A real world name please, unless your character has deliberately decided to forego that in the current situation and wants to be known as the dark knight or whatever)

Quote: (Something they would say, that gives a good glimpse at their character. It matters a lot whether it’s a quote from after or before the calamity, the latter should be something a real person would say. After, in case you haven’t noticed, people might be going a little crazy.)

Background: (Whatever you feel is important about their life from before the event, perhaps also what they’ve been doing on the day after. This stuff is only really important in the way it ties into their personality, relates to the other characters or their vision, so you don’t have to go into all too much detail.)

Personality: (Keep in mind, real life people, both having some character flaws and strengths without being too extreme about either is appreciated. Then again, you should focus mostly on who they are after now, after the calamity, so they might be a bit disturbed. Keep it short, focused, don’t detail more characters aspects than you can juggle in play. NOTE: Your character has to somehow be a “doer” type. They have to be passionate and committed to their vision enough that they’re willing to actively pursue it. Perhaps reluctantly or cowardly, and passion can easily smolder rather than burn, but your character has to be able to get shit done one way or another, or they simply won’t work in the game. Really, they would be dead already.)

Vision: (Perhaps the most important part of the CS. Your character has a vision for a new universe, they have to, or they would be dead. The vision can take many forms: It can be political (f.rex. a world where communism actually works), relating to life itself (all life in state of constant happiness or where all life is one organism, made of many minds) or the shape of reality (a simple universe consisting only of simple shapes, with intuitive laws of physics). Having a very radical or abstract vision is encouraged, we’re building realities from scratch here. Though, your vision may also develop over the course of the game, you don’t have to detail here exactly what the new world is going to look like, just what your character cares most about changing. Also, your vision need not be specifically heroic or villainous, it should be what your character believes is best for the world. The winner gets to decide what is right and what is wrong.)

Power: (So, you have some sort of power to bend reality, since it’s very bendy right about now. There’s no real limits to what this can be, but there are some requirements. Your power should be a minimum of one of these:
- Deeply personal, closely relating to your vision or personality. A power that is a direct extension of yourself, of your soul. That’s where the power comes from.
- Tightly linked to the game’s themes, being uncanny, disturbing, bloody, mindfucking, dark or surrealistic. Fuck with reality in destructive ways, punch holes in space that won’t mend.
- Very creative, cool and diverse in its use.
Aiming for all three is great, of course. You’ll really have to impress me to get the last one, though. The power should obviously not be godmode and overpowered, but the rules are partly there to ensure you can lose no matter your power, and it should definitely be powerful. Your power doesn’t have to be applicable to fighting, but its a significant choice if it isn’t, though a gun is still a handy backup. You only have one power, one area of reality you can mess with, but you can detail numerous sub-powers that follow from the overall one. Also, give it a cool title.)

Relation: (Look at the list of other characters submitted. Pick one, and detail how you relate to this person. Perhaps you’re family, old friend or other shared history, you know them by reputation or you’ve met them after the calamity and had a talk or fight. Be sure to ask the owner of the other character permission if it’s a two-way relationship. This can be hard to logically justify if we get a very international crew of characters, but note that it doesn’t have to be a concrete relationship, just the way you see that particular character. You can state that you’ve never met, but that that particular person gives you goosebumps, that you think there’s something off about them, or that your character is convinced your visions are opposed and you have to kill this person, even if they aren’t. You can edit this in later if there’s not many other characters at the time of writing.)

Appearance: (In broad strokes. Size, build and distinguishing features. Do introduce yourself in-game too, this is just for reference.)

GM Characters:
(These serve here as examples, but is also the major characters I’ll be playing in the game)

Carrie Phillips (To be Done)

The Traveler (To be Done)

The Voice (To be Done)

Name: Dean Griffin

Quote: “Whatever happens... I can’t let all this be in vain. I can’t just let another universe be built just so it can be just as shitty as this one!”

Background: It was mostly by coincidence Dean learned of the cult of the Rebuilders. A friend of a friend was a member, and deemed him worthy. Dean signed up the moment he learned they could practice real “magic”, and the sense of fellowship and belonging didn’t hurt either. He had talent, but the powers he had then was nothing in comparison to after the calamity. He knew the Rebuilders purpose, that they were really some doom-worshipping cult, but the people themselves were not any loonier for it. They always talked about “the end” as some ancient prophecy, a far-off event, so he always figured it would happen beyond his life-time or not at all. Until the day he saw long-time friends of his, giving their lives willingly to fuel an odd machine. The sky turned red and he expected to die... But didn’t. He was himself surprised at this fact, as he did not much share in the vision the Rebuilders had for a new world order... Although that could be the reason in and of itself.

Personality: Dean is an upstanding and honest youth, who tries his best to do right by all. He’s not terribly great at executing on that, however and is more of a follower than a leader. He’s friendly and attentive and much a people person, but without his friends, he’s a little lost and all of them are dead now. Though he had more warning about the calamity than most, he’s still pretty shook up by the death of all civilization. Trying to turn his grief into grim determination, he’s struggling to find the bravery to fight for his vision.

Vision: Something that grieves Dean almost as much as death of all the world is all the progress done by humankind rendered moot. This world had always been a shabby place with more pain and death than joy, but it was getting better. Through technology and education, humans was making it a better place. And it all ended before it reached it’s pinnacle. Dean wants to create a world of equality. Where there is no competition and enough of everything for everybody. Specifically, through technology. Where people don’t have to go through absurd competitions of life and death as the one he is currently embroiled in. He wants to re-create the world as he thought it might have become, given time.

Power: The God Machine:
Dean has control over technology, in the broadest sense of the word. Anything man-made, anything ever designed and constructed, he can create, talk to or control by ordering around. One would be surprised to hear the stories an old fence-post has to tell. All has some small down-sides: Creating takes a little while, and the thing may be unreliable if it's something Dean has little understanding of. Things tend to be pretty dumb, so might not always answer intelligibly or follow orders well. These weaknesses can be mostly alleviated by summoning the god machine: A massive monolith, a mess of technology and tools fused together, a robot or something else entirely. Stepping into it, Dean is protected and can control it directly and let loose any number of attacks. It's highly immobile, however, and tires Dean quickly.

Relation: Carrie was, or is, one of the higher-ups of the Rebuilders. She was a lot more dedicated to their cause than Dean. She could be said to be partly responsible for the calamity. However, Dean used to take orders from her, and still does. Unlike him, she knows what she is doing. The thought that their visions clash, that he should rebel, has occured to him, but it doesn’t feel right. The Rebuilders knew what they were doing, he feels like a dumb kid out of his depth in comparison. He had never put that much thought into what a new world should be like. Putting his head down and doing as he’s told seems like a better answer.

Appearance: Tall, short and blonde haired. Reasonably fit, he takes care of his body. Square-jawed and as attractive as any well-kept person his age. He has a distinctive mole on the right side of his nose. Wears a couple of decent, grey jeans and a black and red striped dress shirt. He’s pretty sure it was a different color before the calamity. On his chest a pin, a star with a black hole in it, insignia of the Rebuilders.
Last edited by Vegedus on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Tuor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:32 pm

+1
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:39 pm

Vegedus wrote:Awesome shit.

*slow clap*

+1.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:53 pm

Heh, thanks :D

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Blood Lord wrote:As for Bel's thing. We've all talked about this, so I'm not going to continue it. But I am willing to vote for your idea to see how well of a GM you are. If you're good, then we'll be surprised. If it is terrible, then it will confirm everything we already thought and you will have to go to work on becoming better.

So you're voting for me?

@Veg: Thanks, man!
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Belwicket wrote:So you're voting for me?

Yeah, but don't screw it up. You want this chance, then you deserve this chance.

Postby Hana » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:54 pm

...You know what? I'll throw my fate in with the others for this experiment, too. +1 for Bel
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Hiroko » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Definitely +1 for Vegedus. ouo
The Sentimental One

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm

YAY! THREE VOTES! Come on, one more! ^_^

Edit: I'll give Weg a +1 too. His idea sounds very badass.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby noxux » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:16 pm

Vegadus you have my vote also you Belwicket.
"The best thing about life is not knowing what will happen, what we do shows who we are" -иохчх
Pabst:"Aww, you're no fun Noxux.
A Fight in a Flash
I am a very tall midget

Postby Belwicket » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Alright! I'll start the OOC tomorrow if I can, Monday if I can't, Tuesday at the latest.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Vegedus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 am

Guess there's no reason to delay...

Postby Zelosse » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 am

I don't wanna be 'that guy' but... You guys are gonna take a gamble on obscurity? Does she know all the monsters at her disposal based on your choices, the extent of your powers and the weaknesses that come with them, the conflicting powers from to many worlds wrapped int-

Fuck it.

If you make it, I'll join. Might be a good chance to play around with a scrapyard titan.

Postby Belwicket » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:08 am

I will study each of the worlds chosen and will find places for most, if not all, enemies.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:14 am

You have your votes. Time to make the OOC thread!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Zelosse » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Outbreak: Last Hope (Fuckin' zombies, yo)

Humanity has been at war for millenia and clearly has no regret killing each other in any way possible, be in blunt weapons or heavy assault rifle's. Taking to old tactic's the Leader's of a European army have begun an open war with the USA. Biological weapons are now being used as threat's to prevent an invasion, a peace meeting was held by the official's a few year's after open hostility began, at the end of the meeting the peace keeper for Europe was assasinated by a former soldier who had been released from service for mental instability.

When news of the attack reached military official's the leading general's launched a full scale biological attack, unfortunately one of the area's hit was a nuclear power plant located near a military base for the USA, a few soldiers escaped the blasts and were supposedly uneffected by the chemicals from both their own missles and the enemy contagion. The radiation mutated the two opposing chemicals to create a new strain of super virus that effected the brain to control one's muscles. Sending it into a vicious rage uncontrolled and focused on destruction of anything that moves.

The one in the soldier was dormant until a specific moment, as he died on a hospital bed he gave one final exhale and the virus leaped forth to nearby victims waiting to be activated by their heart stopping. A few minutes after his death he had infected over seventy hospitalized people creating the first mess of rage infected human's. When the police showed up and opened fire the bodies fell but returned to mobility moments later but without the speed and aggression as before, it would not be long after this event that the virus spread across the world from stray ship's escaping the carnage to planes crashing from the infected.

---------------------------------

Our RP take's place a few day's after a small military run airshow near Las Vegas where a large quantity of infected quickly overrun the small event causing wide-spread panic and chaos. You were hailed by soldier's into a nearby barracks where you immediately boarded and sealed all entrances and exit's, it was serving as the event storage shed at the time so there is plenty of food and water to last you for at least 2 weeks.

The soldier's have used this opportunity to teach you all basic marksmanship and some small hand to hand combat training hoping to give you a chance when the ration's run out. The noise attracted more than enough mindless brutes that even now circle your barrack's tempting the wall's and windows every so often with the other mix of rage infected or walking dead.

You will be given a small message on radio informing people to head for mountainous area's or high ground, the virus apparently became a controlled sickness at low temperature's. You and the soldier's have managed to secure some military jeeps and enough fuel to hopefully get out of Las Vegas and in a direction further north, armed only with a few weapon's found in the military barrack's and an armory that you had broken into a short time ago for ammunition and such.

-------------------------------

I hope to create scenario's later on to cause dark area's to become a neccesity, and random shot's will cause anything in earshot to come running. This includes Car's, trucks, yelling, explosives, and generally any loud noise.
When your transportation becomes unavailable you will be finding shelter to carry on, I intend to make you work for your safety. Every living creature can be infected by this virus and will try to kill you, so be wary of whatever you come across as a threat.

--------------------------------

What your Character did for work may effect certain events you do or effects you have on Human NPC's you encounter later so try to think about what you did and all that.

------------------------------------

The enemies you will be encountering and hopefully avoiding are a select batch:

Rage infected: The beginning stages of the virus; it takes control of your brain and drives you to attack and destroy anything and everything without any regret or remorse or fear.

Living Dead: The heart of the infected has died along with it's organs but the brain continues to control the muscles, depending on how fresh the kill it can be very fast or very sluggish, but the constant is that they do not breathe or moan making them hard to expect in certain environments often until it is too late. This is the most numerous.

Immunity: A special name given to the infected who'm have their brain working regularly but their inside's are dead much like the Living Dead, these are creatures of thought and power. They know how to run, climb, jump and wait. Even set up traps of moderate intelligence for their food.

There are other creatures lurking in the dark that I have not mentioned but will be covering later in the RP.

----------------------

CS

Name:

appearance/weight:

personality:

former employment:

hobbies:

history:

bravery: 1-10 (1 being on the verge of mental collapse and 10 being tough as a mountain)

Equipment: ( a simple list of what you are carrying with a description if needed)

Special skill - (I will assign you all one skill, based on history, hobbies, former employment.)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 pm

A zombie RP you say? *thinks of HotD and TZH

+1

Postby Archrival » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:37 pm

Yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes yes! +1 as I've been playing State of Decay recently.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Trying this Rp again, eh? +1! Always +1 for zombies
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BG07 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:15 pm

I think I might have been in the last one of these

+1 Zel

Postby Zelosse » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Yeah, this is the second time I brought it about. I had to end the first one because of a time issue. THERE WAS NONE.
:(

OOC will be up shortly.

Postby Asmodai » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 am

Archrival wrote:Yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes yes! +1 as I've been playing State of Decay recently.

Hnnnggg... I want a PC version of that game!
Mephobiac

Postby Archrival » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 am

Asmodai wrote:
Archrival wrote:Yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes yes! +1 as I've been playing State of Decay recently.

Hnnnggg... I want a PC version of that game!

They say there will be one but no clue as to release.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Zako » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:14 am

Does anyone remember Space Pirates?
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Tuor » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:15 am

Vaguely. Are you sticking around now?
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing