RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Zath » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:53 am

+1 To the Zel

Postby Zelosse » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:08 pm

One more vooooote

Postby LostD » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:34 pm

*grins* Haven't had a solid fantasy RP in a while.

+1 Zel

Got a few questions, but I'll ask em when the OOC is up.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040

Seven years ago, there was a great earquake that destroyed most of Japan, including the great city of Tokyo. The city, as well as many others, was rebuilt thanks to the creation of boomers, specially made bio-organic machines designed to do one of many simple or complex jobs. Everything was going well, until the boomers began going rogue. It does not happen often and is usually handled pretty quickly by one of two groups: the AD Police, a special group of police officers trained in destroying rogue boomers; and the Knight Sabers, an all-girl group of fighters who, with the help of super-powered boomer-like suits, not only destroy rogue boomers but make sure there is nothing left for anyone to find. More often than not, the Knight Sabers beat the AD Police to the scene and are usually finished by the time they arrive.

The Knight Sabers consisted of 4 women originally, though three of them didn't last long in battle. The leader of the Knight Sabers, a woman by the name of Sylia, tried to train women who had similar body shapes as her own how to fight and destroy rogue boomers. The second group, still led by Sylia, was only a pair: a rock-star singer named Priss Asagiri and an AD Police girl who spent her days behind a desk, Nene Romanova. Though Sylia was still the leader, she rarely, if ever, went into battle with them. One day, they were approached by Linna Yamazaki, a country girl who was new to the city, and who had run into Priss twice previously, once while Priss was riding her bike and again during a rogue boomer attack. The third time they met, Linna was searching for her to join the Knight Sabers. The three of them made a great team, sometimes Sylia even joining them.

However, battle suits like theirs needs constant maintanance. Sylia hired a mechanic, the same mechanic that had been working on Priss' motorcycle. His assistant was a great help to him, even though his older sister didn't want him involved with her Knight Sabers.

During one of their missions, a look-alike of a young Sylia appeared, the Sotai, using strange powers to make the nearby boomers go rogue. With practice, she could control the rogue boomers and eventually used this to attack the AD Police HQ. After that, it took only 2 days for the Sotai, Golatiya, to take over Tokyo through a series of underground wires called the Dragon Line. She began her escape to the Umbrella, a series of solar panels that would send energy through the Dragon Line all throughout Tokyo.

During their greatest fight, Priss, Nene and Linna were shot from the sky and believed dead, though they were merely separated, lost on the world.

It's been 5 years since then and Sylia has trained new Knight Sabers, both men and women, to clean up Tokyo of the remaining rogue boomers.
Last edited by Belwicket on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Timer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:12 pm

i think it kinda sounds like what Bolts already has running, sorry Bel

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Sorry, didn't read his. Mine's based off an anime.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Timer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm

His is loosely based on a game, but he kinda already has the corner on "big mecha suit, military style" RP at the moment. Otherwise i would be more interested.

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:21 pm

Mine's not big mecha suits, it's small battle-suits, plus you can play as either a Knight Saber or an AD Police officer or both, if you so choose.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:29 pm

The only comparable part between your and Bolt's RP, are powered suits. But even those aren't the same, Bolts going for the more realistic, exoskeleton approach, where you take the mecha-anime approach.
Mephobiac

Postby Timer » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:33 pm

I think the size of the difference is negligible in this case for me, I would try something else Bel

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Asmodai wrote:The only comparable part between your and Bolt's RP, are powered suits. But even those aren't the same, Bolts going for the more realistic, exoskeleton approach, where you take the mecha-anime approach.

That makes sense considereing it's based off an anime.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Unlimited » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Fuck it, I'll just ask this out of curiosity!

Who here is interested in a Fate/Stay Night RP?!

Or has this already been done?
Memento mori

Postby Belwicket » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:28 pm

I think there was one that failed. I don't remember, though.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Karo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Done twice, failed twice.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Vegedus » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:21 am

Ultimately, I don't think "failed already" is a good argument for not doing a particular RP, considering, as far as I'm aware, 100% of RPs here die horribly at some point. As long as it's a new take on the idea, and the concept itself isn't so inherently flawed that it was directly responsible for killing the RP within the first couple of pages, I think it's fair to still do it if people are interested.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Belwicket » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 pm

After rewatching the show again, I've edited and added to my Tokyo 2040 idea.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 pm

It's the future. The year 2483 actually, if you want to be specific.

Superscience has gotten us to the stars. It's gotten us Super enhanced warriors, Powerful Weapons, and Hyperlight drives. During all this, Earth has been mostly abandoned, with the exception of a few small villages left in the dead planets livable areas. Nature is beginning to return, and heal the planet, as there is no longer a human threat to supress it.

Being so remote, and abandoned, it's the perfect place for the military to develop new technologies.

The government Has built a Super combat Unit. Unfortunately they don't really know what It can do. They built/created it using a large amount of alien technology that they had "acquired" from extraterrestrial sources. Again, Unfortunately, once the machine, which was built for adaptation in battle, was completed, it began it's primary function, which is to adapt and evolve to survive, immediately, before recieving any orders. and the Evolutions caused by it's interaction with the base, and even just it's own bland holding cell, caused it to develop and mutate into a much different creature from what they had originally intended or planned out.

So now, you have a still relatively new, and inexperienced SCU in the field, but it doesn't know how to do anything, because it hadn't started on it's mental programming yet. Yet, it learns from everything. From the slightest session of watching a hummingbirds wings beating, to down and dirty streetbrawling.

The longer it lives, the more it knows, and the stronger it gets.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You need a CS.

Name:
Relative Age(At least, Specifics are preferred.):
Description:
Background:
Powers: (If Any...)
Weapons: (If any...)
Special training: (If...Damn you know the drill by now.)
Quirks, Special information...Etc.:

Ok, Try and write this CS up as though it were a Military Dossier. Or if you have trouble with that, Just fill in what I asked for, and I'll come up with something later for ya.

You're all being recruited by the military for this RP, so Try to work on that. Even though you'll pretty much all be Mercs, with hopefully a few exceptions that want to play Military Personnel Assigned to the project.

Note: Almost all character concepts are welcome in this. If your backstory can justify it, It's fair game.
I reserve the right to veto Ideas I think are too extreme, but I'm pretty lenient on that anyway so...
Syaoran and Sakura "Meant to be"

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 pm

So...the point is to take down a learning intelligence built for survival and adaptation? Kind of like a...reverse Predator?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Right.

I originally planned this one as a super combat thread, with a focus on the combat and subsequent iterations of it, but it quickly became a group exercise in who's got the best conspiracy story, and just general interaction between the different mercs.

The character I made for it, Kishin, is meant to be an unstoppable superweapon, that escapes before they can program it with all their superweapon non-sense. So you end up with a regenerating, Assimilating, Adaptive enemy that can take almost anything you can throw at it, and tends to beat people into the ground when angered. All of this and the mind of a 5-6 yr old.

He's innocent, carefree, and happy. And the government wants him taken care of. Read: gotten rid of before the media finds out how they blundered.

EDIT: to explain my second line up there:
I've run this RP before. And it was a fun look at 9 people all running their own conspiracy group behind the scenes, while the actual in game characters had no idea what was going on, besides "Find Kishin, Neutralize."

Postby Hana » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Sounds interesting. I've too much on my plate to play in anything else right now, but it sounds like something I'd read with a bag of popcorn next to me. So although I don't usually vote for things I won't play in, this time I will.

+1 Hana vote.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Musicmac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 am

+1 to Hasegawa.
Probably won't be joining, but I'm interested in how the story will turn out. :3
Listen.

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Woo, That's 2

Edit: I guess I should add in here real quick (and I'll add it to the idea itself...)

As long as you can justify it in your backstory, I will allow almost any kind of character.

Aliens?

Techno-organic beings?

Maybe you are a colony that discovered magic on the planet they colonized.

Postby Vegedus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 am

Reads to me like Pokemon, except your 'mons are military super-weapons. Have a +1.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Hasegawa Rayven » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:24 pm

It's not Mons. There's only one SCU.

but thanks for the upvote!

Postby Archrival » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:44 pm

What's the point in ghost voting? It just makes the RP die quicker.
SUPPPAAAHHH

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing