RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Abolin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:28 pm

I don't mind editing, but if there is something I got wrong, please correct me. The public school system didn't really work for me, so I may be writing incorrectly without realizing it...

Postby Archrival » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:47 pm

It's cool, you're better than some members. Just keep it tidy and you'll go far.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Khanman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:07 pm

What about run-on sentences? How egregious an affront are they to tidiness?

Postby Archrival » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Not very, if punctuated well enough to be read.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Abolin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

As long as its comprehensive, then there's no problem right?

Postby Khanman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:33 pm

My thought is, if you're going to nitpick about some things, nitpick about the rest of them, too. Otherwise, as long as you can figure out what the person means, don't bother.

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Some people are a lot pickier than others, I know that for a fact (my grammar is horrid).

If you want to carry on talking i suggest taking it to the weirdness though, This place is just meant to be for ideas (and the discussion of said ideas).

Postby Abolin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm

well initially I wanted to see if anyone here knew of a mtg RP, but seeing as it preferable to build a repertoire before creating an RP, than it'd be best if I just ask if one already exists.

Postby Timer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm

At current none are running, in the past I remember one at least. Whether or not that left the idea's thread is another question.

Postby Belwicket » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

If people are ok with it, I could take over JBYaM.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 pm

You might have to ask Keiran first.

Postby Belwicket » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Who knows if she's ever coming back?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Amaranthine Ali » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:33 pm

She does. My point is that if you want to take over, you still need to ask her since it was her RP to begin with.

Postby Belwicket » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

I see what you're saying but what if she never comes back?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Asmodai » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Send her a PM and wait for a response.
Mephobiac

Postby Belwicket » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:48 pm

While I wait, i do have a few RP ideas if anyone would like to hear them.

Edit: I got a reply... She won't let me GM her RP but if someone else asks...
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Unlimited » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:Edit: I got a reply... She won't let me GM her RP but if someone else asks...

Stop trying.
While I wait, i do have a few RP ideas if anyone would like to hear them.

Stop asking.
Just do it.
Or would you rather have MY RP which I never posted here because it's a GIANT CLUSTERFUCK!!!
Memento mori

Postby Dorian » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

My_Little_Sister wrote:If people are ok with it, I could take over JBYaM.

Every time I think you can't say something dumber you manage to surprise me.

Like, how could you think for even a second that taking over someone else's RP without their permission is a good idea?

Jesus christ.
Never asked for this

Postby sam4books » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:54 am

My_Little_Sister wrote:While I wait, i do have a few RP ideas if anyone would like to hear them.

You are aware she based it off of a book series she's currently working on right?

Please tell me you are aware of how much heart and soul was poured into it.

Either way show some fucking respect.

No means no.

End of fucking story.

Don't try and push it.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Belwicket » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

sam4books wrote:
My_Little_Sister wrote:While I wait, i do have a few RP ideas if anyone would like to hear them.

You are aware she based it off of a book series she's currently working on right?

Please tell me you are aware of how much heart and soul was poured into it.

Either way show some fucking respect.

No means no.

End of fucking story.

Don't try and push it.

After I asked her if I could take it over, this was her reply:

Keiran wrote:You are not ever taking my RP. If someone else asks, perhaps, but you are not allowed to GM it.

I was merely conveying what she told me.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby sam4books » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:00 pm

And then you requested for someone else to ask her for you.

Don't play dumb with me.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Belwicket » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:14 pm

No, I was suggestng that if someone else asked they might be able to take over. Not for me, for everyone so we can continue this RP. I know I'm not the only one who wants this to stay up.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:22 pm

The Plagued lands RP

Diary entry 1012, date - unknown.

Many day's have I wandered what used to be my home and my happiness, to see the meadows during the thaw of winter with my family... my friends... I used to sit by one of the numerous rivers that crossed the fields on the plains below, wasting away the day fishing for nothing in particular. I was never hungry or cold and never did I feel abandoned.
How thing's have changed.

The Zulkirs, 6 great and powerful mage-lords who rule Thay with an Iron fist and insurmountable cruelty, have finally waged open war. The 5 Zulkirs who rule the orders of Demonic summoning, Divination, Enchantment, Transmutation, and Defensive magic's have all finally come to an uneasy partnership to fight off the 6th Zulkir of Thay.

A lich!

Szass Tam, Archmage of the order of Necromancy and arguably the most powerful mage on the face of Toril. The other leaders of Thay fell prey to an assault on Menthil Keep, a fortified and siege-repellant fortress in the middle of the flat lands. Almost within an hour the place was swarming with the Undead creatures. Not just zombies, but ghasts and revenants!

I was off-duty when the assault began, and I was the first to the wall when the endead were not repelled by the holy orders scattered about the Keep. Powerful priests fell to the undead energies within moments, leaving nothing but 3 score worth of us common soldiers.
I ran. I ran and I didn't stop until I arrived at a new settlement, warning of an undead siege to the north. Nobody believed my claim.

You see, Undead and Demonic creatures are not only COMMON in thay but are the enforcers of it. The order of Demonic summoning and Necromancy provide the bulk of Thay's formiddable army.
Of course the Order of Necromancy denied any claims to the attack, why wouldn't they? It was nearly a full year of combat before all out war erupted for control over Thay. Years later, guess who won.

Szass. Tam.

A single Zulkir, backed by a legion of undead, fought off 5 Zulkir's...

I don't know what he plans to do with Thay, or the world for all I know, but I'm trapped. Trapped and helpless. This war destroyed everything, the meadows, the trees, the rivers, the soil, the SKY. It even caused the magical Weave to shatter, rendering magic ineffective and often times... useless. Szass Tam is weakened, I'm sure, but his undead legions are no more threatened by it.

Massive blue waves of magical flame has scoured what was left of the broken and shattered Thay, creating magical anomilies nobody thought possible! But they are real, real and dangerous. I've heard rumors before my seperation that the blue flames are not always lethal, but instead can grant things... Godly things.... Magic users have all the fun and all the risk, it seems...

For what it's worth, I have found companions. Not many and not a lot of expertise among us, but we fight. Hard. To survive, our only way out of Thay was destroyed and blocked off when Szass Tam finally pushed the Zulkirs to the other side of the world...
I fear we will not last long trapped in the unbeating heart of Thay.

Signed,
lieutenant Buckminster "Buck" Surge
Light guide out path a little longer...

--------------------------------------------------
Facts about the RP world
1. Magic is not completely useless, it is simply a bit less reliable. Sometimes it will do a grand-finalé spell, or nothing at all. There IS middleground.
2. No Zulkirs or their army are present at this time en-masse. There are pockets of resistance here and there, you will have to choose wisely what you do.
3. Undead creatures ARE playable, but you must impress me with a CS. Don't ALL be undead! (1-2 maximum)
4. You are survivors, short and simple, I don't care what you did or where you were when the war raged but now you are stuck. Escape is futile so focus on the next move.
5. Things you did in your history can come back to help you.
6. Szass Tam is not looking for you directly or indirectly. Under the radar here, so you can survive or hinder him however you as a group decide.
7. Unexpected allies and unpredictable enemies are everywhere.
8. Beware the touch of undeath.

Character Sheets

Name - first/last

Military rank - (If none, leave empty) Maximum rank is lieutenant.

Divine path - What god do you worship, if any.

Classification - Choose: Soldier, ranger, marksman, scout, Mage
(Demonic/Transmutation/Defensive/Enchantment/Divination)

Appearance - Describe your various clothing in simple bullet-form. ex:
- Robes
- Leather belt, Thick bronze buckle
- Linen gloves
etc

Personality -

History -

Postby Soul » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 pm

You got my vote, Zel.

Postby Timer » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:31 pm