RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:15 am

Scrambles wrote:I'd welcome any help you can give Blood.

M'kay. Just tell me what you need help with.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:17 am

guys, put like a "+1" at the end of your post or seomthing he he can tell you're actually giving it a vote. Otherwise it's hard to tell if you're just agreeing that it sounds goood and being constructive
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sigment » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 am

Here's my official vote then. +1
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby Belwicket » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:44 pm

+1 if you can get it up and going good.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby KingofInsanity » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:18 pm

uh.............meh, I'll give it a shot......

how bout a Grim Tales RP?
(there's no special thingys, but if everyone says no, meh, it doesn't matter....meow)
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity = Seto Kaiba
James Bond + Chuck Norris + Bill Gates X infinity Equals Seto Kaiba

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:49 pm

How about some details?
Check out Nova Island Productions
It's messy :p
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Karo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah, "how about a this," isn't how things work around here.
Zath: Behold, Karo: The only woman in existence who can make Fenix shut the fuck up.
Redsnow: That, and, frankly, if Karo doesn't like you that much, your character is probably going to die soon after his acceptance anyway.
Keiran: Bad RPs don't get picked, unmemberable RPs get ignored.
Zelosse: I don't usually laugh at blatant attitude, but when I do. It usually involves Karo.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Mention something that brings in the RP aspect.

What's the purpose?
Are we just free roaming?
The limits if the world.
You can't exactly keep the time moving along with the comic. 10 GT updates and you get 2 minutes in the story.
When and where?
Who would we be?
Not to mention you haven't been active lately, so will you be on to keep everything in control?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KingofInsanity » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I'm not active because there's nothing for me to do, if you've ever been to fanfiction.net, and you search for a writer name AnimeFanboy-call me Mike(which is me), you'd see that I'm like ALWAYS active, unless I'm at school or asleep, and on weekends, I don't really get much sleep, so, if I had an RP here.....I'd be active

btw, here are the answers to your questions
1. yes, it's mostly free-roaming,
2. it's confined to the places mentioned in the tour guide page
3.yeeesss.......I know, but it kinda never came to mind on time passage since whenever time is addressed on any RP I've ever joined on any site, is when it's a timeskip
4. I'd say like during the main plot, but like a side plot
5. any creature you can muster up! :D
...does there happen to be an Emo topic anywhere....or is this an emo free zone on the entire site? just wondering....I(as you've said) haven't been very active lately so I've not got a chance to explore

I'm not active because there's nothing for me to do, if you've ever been to fanfiction.net, and you search for a writer name AnimeFanboy-call me Mike(which is me), you'd see that I'm like ALWAYS active, unless I'm at school or asleep, and on weekends, I don't really get much sleep, so, if I had an RP here.....I'd be active

or if I was in an RP
Last edited by Tuor on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merging posts

Postby Scrambles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Im trying to work on an outline but I started a new job a few weeks ago so I havent been able to work on it very much.

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:54 pm

@King
Top right of all your posts, there's a little edit button. Try to avoid double posting when possible, editting small.details in previous posts are fine.

There's 2 active RPs atm, you can try joining in either or both.

As for starting one, try to outline it a bit more. Make it more comprehensible. The idea would intrest people, but basing a RP off an existing work has challenges. You have to make ppl think you're reliable. I personally like the idea, but I'm not too sure how well you can maintain it.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Scrambles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:59 pm

The idea was mine originally, I just tried it on another forum before. My free time will open up after I finish training for my job. Im glad you are intrigued with the idea and hope you will continue to be so when I finish the outline.

Postby KingofInsanity » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:05 pm

The idea was mine originally, I just tried it on another forum before. My free time will open up after I finish training for my job. Im glad you are intrigued with the idea and hope you will continue to be so when I finish the outline.

actually, that Grim Tales RP just popped in my head randomly XD
but....my mind HAS been working on a Original RP idea for awhile now....it's 99.999999999999999999999 :right: % based off an Anime called Soul Eater...let's see how many people actually know this anime -_-''

Postby Hallow Nova » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:55 pm

I wasn't referring to Scrambles' RP idea. I'll be looking forward to the extra details though.

As for King...the idea if a Soul Eater RP has been suggested and talked about. The idea didn't pan out due to problems involving player interaction and what not. Since there's partners, problems with how weapon characters came up. Also, Soul Eater is fairly well known.

I offered my help when it was suggested last time. If your Soul Eater RP idea seems sound, I'll offer it once again. So take some time to set up a good summary.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:29 am

Well, Kaze, Rokku and I have been ironing out the details to an RP we like to call Crossing the Veil. It's about Reapers, Gods and the afterlife. I'll tell Kaze to put up more deets.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby KingofInsanity » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 am

could someone give me a link to these previously mentioned Grim Tales RPs?

Postby KazeXDZ » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am

It's actually quite complex and really fun. I mean, you get your own special abilities, your own weapons and you die in your first post. A lot like how the heroes died in the first episodes of Gantz, Bleach, Yu-yu Hakusho and a few others I can't think of.
Goth boy

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:07 am

@king
I don't have that info. I'm still fairly new, and I believe the last GT RP is a few years gone.

@kaze and bel
Tell us about it after you make a summary :3
Random details would become messy.
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KazeXDZ » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:29 am

Death. It's almost as old as life. Everybody dies eventually. Death is everywhere. Every day there are new germs, toxins, injuries, illnesses and catastrophes for us to face. The fact we survive at all is miraculous.
On the other side of death stand the Reapers. Reapers used to be human, then death came knocking, taking those who died in the most gruesome, bloody or downright horrific manners to their boss, Lou.
Lou was the first Reaper. He was doing a great job until humanity spread too wide for him to continue to work alone. Therefore, he began recruiting others to be Reapers. As the ages changed, the cycle of Reapers did as well.
Lou no longer Reaps but watches the Reapers like the owner of a company. They report to him and bring souls for other possible Reapers.
Working alongside the Reapers are Seers, people who can gaze through the veil between the world of the living and the realm of the dead, and Witches, humans who can utilize Reaper abilities. Both types were visited by Lou because they were stillbirths or infant deaths. Seers lost their physical sight and was granted life and sight into the spiritual realm instead as well as the ability to create weak barriers for short periods of time while Witches grow without a limb or some other physical deformity.
Reapers, when chosen by Lou, appear in a white room. In the room is a man in a red suit with a black tie, slicked back hair and lively blue eyes. He is Lou.

This is going to be an action-adventure-drama RP that will turn out like a cross between RIPD, Dead Like Me and Bleach. I have many ideas for plot but most of the story will be made by the players. I will ONLY play Lou and big enemies.

Special Items-

Pendant: The Pendant is similar to a Police Officer's badge. It allows other Reapers, Seers and Witches to see their rank, class and team. Reapers' Cloaks reside inside the Pendant.

Cloak: The Cloak gives Reapers the abilities to become invisible, pass through solid objects and flight. These are not granted until Rank V.

Vessel: Each Reaper died with something in their hands. Some of these items were hollow, able to hold other objects, etc. These became Vessels. Vessels hold souls and allow Reapers to help others to pass to Lou.

Enemies the Reaper teams will be facing will include, but is not limited to, Demons, Angels, Rogue Reapers, Corrupt Souls and half-breeds of all sorts.

Sages and Mages can use 1 of 3 types of Reaper Magick. First, there are Death Sages/Mages. They use really strong spells, most of which take quite a bit of preparation. Then there are Pumpkin Sages/Mages. They use quick, not as strong spells, mostly for distracting or killing minor enemies. Then there's the Light Sages/Mages, healers and buffers, the ones who make their allies stronger.

Also, Seers can create Barriers to protect themselves and see hidden enemies. Not only are they useful, they are necessary for any team.

CS-

Name: (Full name)
Age: (15-25 for beginning Reapers, Witches and Seers, Reapers age until close to 1000)
Appearance: (Descriptive)
Personality: (Descriptive)
History: (Basic)
Class: (Reaper(specify Melee, Ranged or Sage) Seer or Witch(Melee, Ranged or Mage))
Weapon: (Melee or Ranged Reapers only, All weapons are referred to as Death Scythes and can fold up to fit in a pocket)
Spells: (Reaper Sages and Witch Mages only, everyone starts with a Pumpkin Bomb)
Destructive Tendency(ies): (Every Reaper picks up at least 1 self-destructive tendency, whether it be smoking, drinking, jumping off cliffs... shut up Lou)
Emotional Strength: (Each Reaper has an emotion that gives them more strength, speed, agility, etc.)
Vessel: (item to hold souls, now has skull at opening, mouth opens to swallow souls)

Example CS-

Name: For now, Lou
Appearance: Red suit with black trim, black shirt, red and black striped tie, black and white slicked back hair, black sunglasses, lively blue eyes and black dress shoes with a red rose design on each one.
Personality: Lou is the type of man who makes fun of everyone without making them mad. He's a genius like you've never seen and always knows what to do and when to do it. He also likes to answer questions with a bad or disturbing joke or pun.
History: I'm Lou, the first Reaper. Need I say more?
Class: All
Weapon: You don't want to know
Spells: Whatever I see fit
Destructive Tendency(ies): Everything
Emotional Strength: Instinct When using his Instinct, Lou's strength, speed and agility increase
Vessel: I don't need one.
Goth boy

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Hm...a few questions.

What's the major conflict? Or is this free roam?
You mentioned the other classes, hut without too much detail. Are they just different factions of Reapers? Do they have different powers? What's their goal? Why are they enemies?
Also, how will PvP work?
plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:28 pm

It sounds interesting, but like Tenshi said, I thinksome more details are in order. I need something new to join as of today XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby KingofInsanity » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:17 pm

so....only on that already wanted to join this RP without any more detail RIGHT after reading it?

Postby Hallow Nova » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:45 pm

plop
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby KingofInsanity » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:50 pm

sorry, my punctuation always sucks
I meant, am I the only one that didn't need anymore details before wanting to join this RP?

Postby Draken30000 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh it sounds interesting alright; but I want more.

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing