RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Musicmac » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:20 pm

LESS TALK, MORE WRITING.

Welcome to the Idea Board, people.
Listen.

Postby Zako » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm

BG07 wrote:Ok fellas, who would be interested in a Mass Effect RP?

Or you can do something more original that takes influences from Mass Effect.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Archrival » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Maybe something Space Station 13 esque? That RP was a wonderful premise.

Edit: And you Zako being the creator of it was entirely coincidence I promise, I did genuinely like SS13.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby BG07 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Original storyline, but taking place in the mass effect universe.

I have a pretty good idea of how I'd want to keep things interesting.

Postby Princess » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 pm

Who said they were offering to GM with me? Crum?

Tuor did you wanna get in on it, too? I wanna have a Skype chat one night to show you what I have, and see if you guys wanna add on, etc.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Zako » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:51 pm

BG07 wrote:Original storyline, but taking place in the mass effect universe.

I have a pretty good idea of how I'd want to keep things interesting.

Darn it now you making me want to whip up a setting too.
- Join the HUMP LEGION. Leading the Humping and Bumping since time began...*humpa humpa humpa* -

Note to self. Pg541
SPACE ASSHOLE...

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 am

I'd be down for that.

Postby Mathias » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Animal Kingdom

This is an rp involving anthropomorphic animals known as “Domestics” living alongside realistic animals known as “Wilds.” Various factions of Domestics vie for control over the Wilds, be it for persecution, food, or preservation. There is also an organization that kidnaps Wilds and uses genetic experiments to turn them into abominable creatures called “Chimerae.”

There are various groupings of Domestics, dubbed “factions.” The following is a list and details.

UPW (or Union for Preservation of Wilds) - These are what you'd consider the "protags." They strive to protect their Wild cousins from other Domestics, believing in preserving and respecting their roots. All Domestics in this group who would be considered "predatory" have adapted an herbivorous lifestyle. They are led by a small turtle sage, aptly named "Kame." They are at constant odds with the other factions.

EoS (or Establishment of Servitude) - Domestics in this faction believe in the enslavement of Wilds. They primarily consist of Domestics who were considered “royalty” in the wild. The most prominent leader is a lion Domestic named “Leonydus.” Not all members of EoS may be affiliated.

Predators (or "Preds") - The collective group of Domestics who feast on Wilds. Most Preds are unaffiliated. They are mostly rogue and are collectively classified. These Domestics pose constant problems to ALL factions.

Insect Colonies - These vary from species to species. Each colony works independently and does not involve themselves in the affairs of the other animals. Other Domestics consider insects to be vile and unsavory, so they rarely work together. Some of the Domestic insects are ostracized from their colonies and are forced to form their own colonies with Domestics of like species. Other Domestic insects are oblivious to their evolutions and continue with their pre-evolution habits. Some insect Domestics may be considered Preds, but only those who have not been established within a colony.

Seafaring Domestics – They do not concern themselves with the affairs of land Domestics, maintaining their own "governments." When underwater, all aquatic Domestics use echo-location, regardless of their species. When above water, they speak the language of the land Domestics. This is the only way to tell an aquatic Domestic from an aquatic Wild, as only those aquatic Domestics who move to land grow arms and legs.

Airborne Domestics - Aid other land Domestics. Their instinctive natures may determine which faction they fall to.

Chimerae - Wilds who have been kidnapped and spliced into hideous atrocities, resembling portions of the animals they once were. These Chimerae are created by an unknown entity. A few Domestics aid this faction, kidnapping the Wilds for experiments and defending laboratories from the UPW. Examples of Chimerae would be beings like gryphons, hippogriffs, manticores, centaurs, etc.

The player’s role in this rp would be to aid in the affairs of the UPW. The UPW may include Domestics from every faction.

Any species of animal is available, from flies to deer to whales.

Most Domestics have intelligence levels equal to that of human beings. The advancement level of the Domestics is fairly modern. Some have built structures of brick and others have even constructed small firearms! There is no defined form of “magic” in this world, though mystical things have occurred. Most Domestics rely on their brute strength or other natural skills in combat.

Complex sieges (and by complex, I mean buildings such as castles, labs, etc.) will be performed with Domestic commanders leading Wilds of like species (that is, species similar to that of the Domestic captain) into battle against opposing troops of Wilds or Chimeras. The commander position will be assigned to various players. Commanders will be instructed by a leader on strategies. They will be expected to perform these battle tactics and strategies, success being determined by the GM. To aid in this, all Domestics can speak in their Wild tongues. Meaning, a duck Domestic can speak to Wild birds of similar origin (such as geese, swans, cranes, other ducks, etc.). The primary objective of sieges would be to break through the hordes, allowing the attack party (which will be comprised of a handful of Domestics) to infiltrate the facility and seek its leader.

Battles with other Domestics or uber-Chimerae (Chimerae who are excessively skilled or powerful) will be performed using brute force and other skills, as mentioned previously.

Character Sheets:

Char’s Name-
Char’s Species-
Char’s Physical Traits (i.e., furry, feathered, scaly (and scale type: fish/reptile))-
Char’s Build (i.e., brawny, slender, agile, toned…)-
Char’s Natural Traits (brainy, crafty, sly, fierce, territorial, etc.)-
Char’s Personality (This is where you detail)-
Char’s Background (Why they joined the faction and their prior history)-

I am open to suggestions for improvement.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Just some questions:
Would we be a "wild" or a "Domestic" or both?
How anthropomorphic are they? Like "Furry-level" wearing clothes n'stuff, or a few spaces above your average housecat?
So tech is like, black powder swords, and clubs?
What are the structures like?
What is the area like? (Terrain)
What is the history or story, like what is the situation we are going into? I guess I'm asking for an expansion of it.

Other than that, I'm down to try this out. +1

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Oh, I remember this
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mathias » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 am

Blood Archon wrote:Just some questions:
Would we be a "wild" or a "Domestic" or both?
How anthropomorphic are they? Like "Furry-level" wearing clothes n'stuff, or a few spaces above your average housecat?
So tech is like, black powder swords, and clubs?
What are the structures like?
What is the area like? (Terrain)
What is the history or story, like what is the situation we are going into? I guess I'm asking for an expansion of it.

Other than that, I'm down to try this out. +1

You would be a Domestic.
"Furry level" would be accurate.
As long as it isn't laser weapons (anything "futuristic").
Buildings are largely medieval, castles and such, except for the chimera labs, which are more modern. One of the goals of the play would be to find the secrets behind the labs and where they came from.
I don't really have the terrain mapped out. It would come to me as we progressed, but it is only really important if engaging in a siege.
I don't have history developed, but the story would be played out. You're essentially new recruits for the UPW and you will be sent out on various missions. There will be no immediate threat to engage, but the situation is that the other factions, particularly EoS, are enslaving Wilds and the chimera labs are also kidnapping Wilds. These will likely be later missions to deal with while earlier missions will involve recruiting aid from other factions.
Tuor wrote:Oh, I remember this

Not sure if that's positive or negative.

Postby Sentios » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:32 am

I assume that the natural physical abilities of the player characters would be a scaled up version of the anime they're based on no? An ant for example would be ridiculously strong.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Mathias » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 pm

Anime they're based on? No characters are based upon any anime. You invent your own characters. Or did you mean animal? Not necessarily upscaled, just as capable as the individual animal as a humanoid and how they build their physique.
It is dependent upon your choice.

Postby Sentios » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:40 pm

That was an amazing typo, it was supposed to be animal. You'll have to forgive me I'm sick as balls right now.

Postby darkshark » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:24 pm

though I'm a bit adverse to furries regardless of actual intention, I could see this being cool, as long as we're not allllll tigers and whatnot. +1
buh

Postby Mathias » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I would hope that not everyone would be a fur-laden animal...

Postby Sentios » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:05 pm

I already have a few ideas for what I would be, knowledge of some more exotic animals seems to be a good thing here. I would join if others would, though I'll give the advice that you should avoid to much free-roaming in the beginning given the unusual setting and themes.

Postby Mathias » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:20 pm

There won't be free-roaming, sorry if I made that ambiguous. There will be missions to follow. There could be two missions going on simultaneously if enough people play.

So I guess that's 3 votes.

Postby BG07 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and give you a +1 Mathias

I have an awesome idea for what animal I want to be

Postby Mathias » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm flattered, thank you. I'm going to England for a week, so I will setup the ooc ic when I return.

Postby Archrival » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 am

Where in England? I know is off topic.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:13 pm

Arch has re-ignited my vision of my previous Fallout RP I started a while ago- the one that stalled.

It's been a while, so I'm re-looking for people who would be interested in it when I reboot it perhaps in a couple weeks. Not just people, but ideas from those people, what they/you would want to see in the RP.

It went strong for the couple of days it survived, showing an enormous amount of progress in a short amount of time, but I can't help but think it stalled because there was just a little something missing. So here's my point:

I want potential participants in the Reboot and suggestions as to what said people would want to see within the RP itself. Any takers?

(Also when I reboot the thread will I be using the 'same' thread or a completely different one? I'm not so sure on that one.)
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:13 pm

Partly because, new RP, but I'll join in.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Zelosse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 am

Tempted to make a guild wars rp. World in trouble, dragons killing continents, zombies rampaging stuff, 5 races divided against each other.

All that fun stuff. Would be the simple 'lets go on an adventure!' Scenario
Last edited by Zelosse on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 am

hmm, there's already another fantasy rp up, though
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing