PPGD: Alternate(name subject to change) Sign-Up List

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

PPGD: Alternate(name subject to change) Sign-Up List

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:22 am

This is a new PPGD-based RP that starts at the same point the Doujin does: The PPG's first day of First Grade. The situations in the doujin(at least until we catch up to the doujin), will be included in here, mostly, though the characters may react to them in different ways than the doujin. essentially, this could be considered a close, but still "parallel universe" from the doujin because of this.

Note: Dee Dee IS dead in this RP...though someone might be able to play her later in the Android's body. I have yet to decide on that.

Also, Jay is a co-moderator of this group. ^^

Rules:
1. No one-liners
2. No God-moding/unpermitted NPC/unowned char control
3. No more than 4 characters, with one minimim canon character and for every made up, you need a canon. 2 made-ups maximum.

The currently taken characetrs are as follows(profiles must still be posted for all made ups, canon character write-ups are optional, but preferred):

MM007: Boomer, Professor Utonium, Blues, and Dexter
Krunkmatt09: Bubbles, Buttercup, and Jenny(Dr. Wakeman)
Jay: Bell(Gir), Teacher, Blossom, Teppiata Terriam
Wizard: Otto, Mandark
fuzzylogik: Coop(Magus), Dan Liezbeck a.k.a. ZeroMan
Angelin: Mandy, Billa, Grim
Yatta: Butch, Kiva
yalborap2: Jamie, Shokoro
D: Edd, D
Lord Kuwangst: Brad, Replis ,Bass
Gias: Brick

Sensei Jack and Dr. Brisbaine need to be re-filled.

Sign-up sheet:

Character name:
Universe: (The cartoon they are from, if any)
Approximate Weight:
Grade Level or Job, if applicable:
History:
Description:

Your submission need not be quite as detailed as mine are...

Character name: Dexter
Universe: Dexter's Lab
Approximate Height: 4' 0"
Approximate Weight: 80 lbs(?)
Grade Level or Job, if applicable: Grade 1?
History: When Dexter was born, he was immediately recognized to have an over-developed cranium, and was able to vocalize VERY early in life. His fascination with technology becan at infancy, when he would develop inventions for simple tasks which his body was not yet capable of attaining. When his sister would always break his creations, however, he found a place deep under his parents' house which was completely empty, and created his own world inside of that vast space. Dee Dee, however, eventually made it inside and started destroying his inventions and introducing the much hated random element once more. Mandark, also known as Susan Astronominov, became Dexter's rival when he entered the school system. Though Mandark is technically superior in sheer left-brain processing power, Dexter's mix of left-brain calculation capability and right-brain artistic nature and invention more than bridge that gap. When Mandark accidently killed Dee Dee, Dexter went into depression and grief, to the point where he used his inventions to earn enough to purchase his own home. While the lab he uses is still connected to his old house, he never goes back up, feeling that his parents can no longer take the emotional strain of raising a child. So Dexter lives alone, with his computer and his experiments...
Description: Dexter is a boy genius and now an only child. His older sister Dee Dee died saving his life, driving Dexter into occasional fits of grief-induced insanity. This boy genius doesn't seem to care about too much anymore, even his physical health, but he DOES have a crush on Blossom, so maybe she can help turn things around in his life. One of his faults is his willingness to deny any feelings he has, even if they are obvious to everyone else... Most scientists' social tendencies and skills reliy heavily on the left side of the brain, but Dexter also has an artistic view of his work, indicating dual-hemisphere thinking, a rarity among scientists. Dexter's social skills, though commendable when dealing with adults, can be lacking when dealing with his peers, almost indicating a very high-functioning autistic quality. He likes repetative actions, such as using a wrench on a bolt for hours, or other repetitive tasks, which are also indications of autism. It also would explain why his near random sister caused him so much trouble. He is, however, high enough functioning to reasonably survive in society. When it is suggested that he has autism, Dexter blows it off as absurd, but his logic has already led him to that conclusion, though he denies it. He is also sensitive about his height, as he is about two inches shorter than all of his other classmates.

Character name: Boomer
Universe: PowerPuff Girls
Approximate Height: 4' 2"
Approximate Weight: 90 lbs.
Grade Level or Job, if applicable: Grade 1
History: Boomer was not born, but created...in a prison toilet of all places. The evil similan Mojo Jojo created the RowdyRuff Boys, which was the collective name for Boomer and his brothers, Brick and Butch, to help destroy the PowerPuff girls. The boys, however, were beaten by a single kiss. After being taken out of Mojo Jojo's custody, they were placed in the Black-Ops program under Dr. Brisbaine, Project ROWDY. Though listed as defenders of the planet instead of the villains they once were, Boomer's brothers haven't changed much...though Boomer has.
Description: Boomer used to be a thug wanna-be, with an IQ of 90 and a bron inversely matched. He was defeated by Bubbles by a single kiss. That kiss, however, would have unforseen consequences on Boomer's emotional, and even overall development. Boomer, since at ROWDY, has developed the ability to speak all languages, reasonable, since he is based on Bubbles.
As of late, Boomer has had doubts about what he's done in the past, and what ROWDY may do in the future. His IQ has also inexplicably risen 50% from 90 to 135, indicating more than merely a change of heart....
Last edited by MM007 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Re: PPGD: Alternate(name subject to change) Sign-Up List

Postby Yatta » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:18 am

I'm going to assume all the Rowdy Ruff's are about the same height and weight? And if they're in first grade shouldn't they be about 6? And wouldn't it be more intelligent to split the council up? What if someone else wants to RP a badguy?

Name: Butch
Universe: PowerPuff Girls
Physical Age: 6, Age: 1
Height: 4"2
Weight: 90
Grade: 1
History: The third of the Rowdy Ruff Boys, originaly created by Mojo Jojo to combat the Power Puff Girls and later revived by Him for the same purpose. Each time Butch and his brothers were defeated, now however they were ressurected, so to speak, under Dr. Brisbaine for Project ROWDY to fight for the side of good, imagine that, will their adventures lead them to encounter the Power Puff Girls once again?
Description: The third of the Rowdy Ruff Boys, created in opposition to Buttercup, as such he is considered the violent trouble maker of the group. While Bricks hate for the Power Puff Girls increased after their consecutive loses and Boomer overwent a total attitude change Butch remained relativley the same. He is only happy to be back among the living to cause more trouble then ever.
<Blank Space>

Postby Verec » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:01 am

Name:Dark Star Council
Universe:the Bleed-verse
AGes:14-3,872 years.
Height: maximum of 12'+
Weight: 7 tons
History: Shrouded in mystery the five robot members of the council arrived on earth only a short time ago. they found the young Samantha, and over protests from their queen, inducted her into their ranks as spymaster. Each member of the council is unique in both style of combat and in responnsibilites. They are charged with conquering earth as quickly as possible and enslaving it's population.

Name:Brick
Universe: PPG
Height: 4'3" with hat and hair.
Weight:92 lbs.
Grade:1
History: Created By Mojo Jojo, remade By HIM, and resurected yet again by Dr. Brisbaine. Frankly he is getting more than a little tired of lossing to the girls, it does his massive ego no good. Brick is fircely copetitve and realistic, hece the bead down he and butch gave Jenny, and his restraining his brother from finishing the job. He is drive to excell in all areas, which seeing as he is incredably tallented in all areas, is not too hard. He devotes most of his time to physical training, but spares some of his effort for tactical studies, and tests of whit. Serious to a fault, he is also very agressive, relying on overwhelming offence to destroy his enemies.

Name: John Brisbaine
Universe:Bleedmans'
Height:
Weight:
History: John is a member of a sectert meta-human capal in the political econoic structure, which is distresed by the threat to stability raised by all non human and meta-human heros. In response the group is attempting to establish control over Metas, although Brisbaine is starting to doubt the wisdom of using as powerful and unpredictable a force as the Rowdies. He is while not a genius in the dlass of the greats, still extremely competant with R&D.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 am

would it be possible for you to let me in without controlling a canon character? I wouldn't be able to do any characters well, and I'd forget to use a canon character anyways, so it'd just be a waste if I had one.

Location: Within the hellish flames known as southern california

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:31 am

yalborap2 wrote:would it be possible for you to let me in without controlling a canon character? I wouldn't be able to do any characters well, and I'd forget to use a canon character anyways, so it'd just be a waste if I had one.

Sorry, but I have reasons. This is a large RP, and I want at LEAST as many canon characters(actually more) than fan characters. Not negotiable until we run out of major canon characters(and there are a LOT of them.)

You still need to have and PLAY a canon character. Besides, you might find it fun. ^^ WHen I say canon though, I mean pretty much any major Cartoon Cartoon-type and Nicktoons characters, so I'm sure you can find SOMETHING you can play.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:37 am

Plenty of those Yatta, anyways, didn't seem like anyone else wanted to.

Name: Bell
Universe: Bleedman
Physical age: 6 Mental: Unknown but guessed to be 0-1
Height: Unconfirmed, but quite short
Weight: Unconfirmed, but light
Grade: Level of education unknown, but probably N/A
History: Bell, most likely created by Dr. X, is a person that resembles the Powerpuff girls. She attains all her basic skills but has almost two times the strength and speed over any ONE of the Powerpuffs. It also seems Bell has two personalities, one an outragously merciless warrior with a large streak of being evil, the other being a emotional little girl who loves to play with her "Gir-ly."
Notes: The two personalities seem to not know the existance of each other. She will always keep G.I.R. by her side.

Name: G.I.R.
Universe: Invader Zim
Physical/Mental Age: Probably 2
Height: Extremely Short, can't be over 5 Feet
Weight: Should weigh quite a bit for his size considering his being made of metal.
Grade: N/A
History: A small robot called a G.I.R. unit that resembles a S.I.R. unit by physical appearance. As of now, he is in the hands of Bell and pretty much always kept in his Dog disguise. If need be, he can be quite a nuisance in combat. With his ability to use stored snacks as weapons and his short array of laser weapons. But G.I.R. would be quite the incompetent sub-ordinaye due to his lack of attention span, intelligence and plain common sense.
Notes: Dog suit is green and you'd have to be pretty blind not to know how he looks like. Is always nearby Bell and seems to follow quite a few of her commands.

Name: Miss Meryl
Universe: Bleedman
Height: somewhere around 5 feet, most likely higher.
Weight: Venturing a guess of 120-150 pounds.
History: N/A
Notes: Teacher of the Powerpuff girls and seemingly all of the cameo characters, she has a strong influence on their education.

Name: Blossom
Universe: Powerpuff Girls
Physical Age: 6 Mental Age: 1
Height: Probably around 4 feet but might be higher.
Weight: 80 pounds
Grade: 1
History: The leader of the Powerpuff Girls and the smarter of the three. She is graced with more intelligence then the other two and has a large affinity to not giving up. Her speed and strength seem to be a median of Buttercup's and Bubbles'. She has a long lock of hair held with a hair clip and a large bow. Red is her colour she's pretty much the rational member of the group.
Internet Celebrity ToastCrust
Twitter | Transistor Glamor | FFXIV: Lenini Leni (Hyperion)
RP Mod of the 3rd Astral Era

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:37 am

I am guessing his approximate age. The comic makes them look even older than 7, but this is first grade. I felt I had to compromise a year. ^^* I'll change mine to match, however.

I'm glad to have a Butch! We should be able to start soon, I'll just give some others a chance to join first. ^^

Before anyone sais "OMG! JAY HAS WON TO MANY CHARACTERS!!!1ONE1", please note that Gir is...well...nothing more than comic effect and is constantly stuck at Bell's side.

For this reason, I consider Bell and Gir one character. I have done the same for Coop and Magus, and may do the same for Bubbles and Courage, but Courage DOES play a bit more of an independant role....hmmm....

Anyway, as for one person playing the council, we'll keep a close eye on things. I go by the "nameless minion" principle. He's in charge of the nameless minions. Any member of the council with a name(stated in the comic) is open to claiming.
Last edited by MM007 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:38 am

Yal dude, play Coops. You know you want to.

EDIT: Oh right, he's taken. Ummmm.......... erm............ duh.......... can't really think of anyone else.
Last edited by Jay on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mandy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:39 am

So angelin controls me? *looks at puppet strings* O.o

Character name: Grim!!
Universe: Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Approximate Height: 6'0"
Approximate Weight: Bones?
Job: Grim Reaper, Slave to Mandy
History: Grim Reaper, lost bet to Mandy and is now her friend/slave
Description: Wears black cloak, carries a Scythe, walking skeleton. Jamaican accent.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:40 am

no, no I don't. I want to test the limits of alternate universe versions of some of my characters.

and I can't think of a single character I could play well.

Postby Jay » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:42 am

Well you could play Billy, stupid is one of the easier things to play.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:45 am

trust me, I'd fuck it up and make him too smart. I'm the auto-fuckuper. I've even fucked up my own characters.

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:45 am

yalborap2 wrote:no, no I don't. I want to test the limits of alternate universe versions of some of my characters.

You MUST play at least one canon character in this RP. There are too many fan-chars in other RPs here, to the point where some major canon characters are excluded ENTIRELY, so I had to make that rule.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:47 am

MM007 wrote:
yalborap2 wrote:no, no I don't. I want to test the limits of alternate universe versions of some of my characters.

You MUST play at least one canon character in this RP. There are too many fan-chars in other RPs here, to the point where some major canon characters are excluded ENTIRELY, so I had to make that rule.

why exactly is that wrong? why must we have every single tiny character played constantly? why can we not survive on our own characters instead? your RP interests me, but your logic that it MUST have canon characters NO MATTER WHAT is just foolish.

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:47 am

yalborap2 wrote:trust me, I'd fuck it up and make him too smart. I'm the auto-fuckuper. I've even fucked up my own characters.

Then play Milkshakes, or Saliva or something....

Also, try to play the character as much as your fan-char. Just claiming a canon to get in and abandoning them will not work here. ^^*

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:47 am

^ please refer to my above post asking why in the hell canon characters are so much better than our own.

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:49 am

yalborap2 wrote:
MM007 wrote:

why exactly is that wrong? why must we have every single tiny character played constantly? why can we not survive on our own characters instead? your RP interests me, but your logic that it MUST have canon characters NO MATTER WHAT is just foolish.

This isn't a fan character RP, but a PPGD RP. I am not EXCLUDING fan characters, that WOULD be foolish. However, I am making sure the major characters which should be played to KEEP it a PPGD-based game are there. I also understand that I am not the first person to do this.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 am

to my knowledge, you ARE the first person to require it. the omegaville only reccomended taking a canon character. I know, because I play that without one and didn't have to pull any strings or get special treatment.

Postby Mandy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:51 am

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is a cannon character?!

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:52 am

non fanmade character. hence, nick or CN characters.

Postby Mandy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:54 am

oh, an origianl character. okay, back to your squabbling.

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:58 am

yalborap2 wrote:to my knowledge, you ARE the first person to require it. the omegaville only reccomended taking a canon character. I know, because I play that without one and didn't have to pull any strings or get special treatment.

Even if I am, it is not a bad rule, especially considering the MULTITUDE of original characters available.

The rule has already been discussed in another thread, and there didn't seem to be a problem there either.

The rule stands.

Postby Verec » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:59 am

I think the reason is because so many people just want to play their own creations excessively. Come on, in the first PPGDRP noone played a PPG. Think about how redicules that is for a second.
"I saw it, there, in the sewers...for just a second. All hunched over, skin pale white beneath those rags...so many rags. The vermin crawled about his feet like idolaters at worship, and I swear that the wind drew breath in a frightened gasp at his passing. He wore cold like a cloak and I swear that behind that smiling golden mask he was laughing at me as his curved blade rose and fell, cutting through my men. It left wounds filled with crystals of salt...the screams...the screams...and the pants....Gods! The Pants!!!"
-Captain Urtin, who salted and ate his former soldiers.
"Jar-Jar you're a genius!"

Postby MM007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:59 am

yalborap2 wrote:to my knowledge, you ARE the first person to require it. the omegaville only reccomended taking a canon character. I know, because I play that without one and didn't have to pull any strings or get special treatment.

Even if I am, it is not a bad rule, especially considering the MULTITUDE of original characters available.

The rule has already been discussed in another thread, and there didn't seem to be a problem there either. I've stated my reasons, and believe that the rule is necessary.

Sorry, but the rule stands.

Verec wrote:I think the reason is because so many people just want to play their own creations excessively. Come on, in the first PPGDRP noone played a PPG. Think about how redicules that is for a second.

Exactly what I meant. I saw VERY few canon characters compared to made-ups. That is why I made this rule.

I have no plans on being a jerk of a moderator, but I have to put my foot down on that rule.
Last edited by MM007 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby yalborap2 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:59 am

I'm not even gonna bother trying to argue my point anymore... the character I have the least chance of screwing up is jamie, so somebody needs to handle coop. does anybody know stuff like age and the like, or shall I just guess that stuff?

Next

Return to Role Playing